Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 9:46 am+
[Lazarus] 9:46 am: Welcome to P&PG Chat.
[General Chatter]: Gabel has entered at 9:58 am+
[General Chatter]: starjunky has entered at 9:59 am+
[General Chatter]: monster87 has entered at 9:59 am+
[General Chatter]: Throol has entered at 10:03 am+
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: I created room "Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9"
Welcome! You have entered [Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9] at 10:06 am+
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: starjunky has entered at 10:07 am+
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: Throol has entered at 10:07 am+
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: Gabel has entered at 10:08 am+
[Gabel] 10:08 am: Hey grats laz
[Throol] 10:09 am: gratz?
[Gabel] 10:09 am: Yeah he completed his master
[starjunky] 10:09 am: slang for contratulations
[Gabel] 10:09 am: s
[starjunky] 10:10 am: minus the typo :)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:10 am: Okay im on limited mode here
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:10 am: I got bugger all drivers my screen looks like crap but i can play
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:10 am: ok, we'll muddle through somehow
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:10 am: And i just found out i fudged the install and pressed 86 instead of 64
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: monster87 has entered at 10:10 am+
[Lazarus] 10:11 am: Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 9, GM - Lazarus, Players Throol, Gabel, monster87, and starjunky
[monster87] 10:11 am: sorry I was a bit caught up in finishing something - here now
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:11 am: well, that's a lot of unfortunately suck
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:11 am: So i gotta go back and upgrade my windows to x64 after the session :P
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:12 am: Anyway grats on completing your thesis btw
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:13 am: I wanted to upgrade some stuff on John but i think i will just wait with it til i got all my stuff sorted here i have a file somewhere with the upgrades i wanted but ill wait with it
[monster87] 10:13 am: did you already do the recap?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:13 am: ok
[Lazarus] 10:13 am: No I had not
[Lazarus] 10:13 am: Not a lot of recap this time.
[Lazarus] 10:14 am: You helped The Black Fox recover a stash of money from his home
[Lazarus] 10:14 am: You all narrowly escaped
[Lazarus] 10:14 am: He linked up with his old ship from the war and took off for parts unknown
[Lazarus] 10:15 am: You are three hours out of Hera at the moment, with no cargo and no set course
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: Throol has left at 10:15 am+
[Gabel] 10:16 am: (Right now i have no map no nothing all i got is my online profile im sitting on a fresh windows install which just completed)
[monster87] 10:16 am: (to the others) "That was an interesting fellow, that Black Fox"
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: Throol has left at 10:16 am+
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: Throol has entered at 10:16 am+
[Throol] 10:16 am: Sorry about that - computer's being a shit today, keeps locking up and disconnecting
[Gabel] 10:17 am: Heh i see im not the only one with problems
[Gabel] 10:17 am: :)
[Gabel] 10:18 am: Ted spent most of his career running from alliance high command during the war old habits die hard i guess
[monster87] 10:19 am: "I guess.."
[monster87] 10:19 am: "So what's next? I hope we can find another mission like that"
[Lazarus] 10:20 am: Well you do know there were other blockade runners during the war, but only Fox acheived legendary status
[Gabel] 10:21 am: Stuff like thats bound to get ya killed in the long run boomer but at least it got us paid for a change
[monster87] 10:21 am: "Although I'm not one for the shootin' that happened, I liked the careful sneakin and gettin Ted's stuff back ;) Gotta admit it was a pretty nice adrenaline kick"
[Gabel] 10:22 am: Never had much for all that sneaky business myself
[Throol] 10:22 am: LOL love the new Chuck Norris WoW commercial
[monster87] 10:23 am: "Hah yeah our captain is more the intimidatin' type: GIMME THAT OR ELSE!!" * laughing *
[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:23 am: If the captain asks, the nearest planet is Regina, three days away at normal burn
[starjunky] 10:23 am: "missed all the shottin' - at least I got some book time in Engineerin.
[starjunky->Lazarus] 10:24 am: oke
[monster87] 10:24 am: "Why you readin' up on Engineerin? Isn't that my job around here :)?"
[Gabel] 10:24 am: Just part of a long career i guess boomer *sighs* anyho we better plot our next course
[starjunky] 10:25 am: "well, if you get hurt or somethin, be good to know a lil as backup
[monster87] 10:25 am: "Yeah true. I know, on the next few days - let's switch roles. I'll be the pilot and you can be the engineer"
[starjunky] 10:25 am: "an maybe known a bit about what's under the hood help my flyin
[monster87] 10:26 am: "Good to sit down a few days after this adventure"
[starjunky] 10:26 am: "now don't get defensive...
[monster87] 10:26 am: "That was a serious proposal!
[monster87] 10:27 am: "Don't you thihnk I can fly this thing? Because you bet I can
[monster87] 10:27 am: "And I'm sure youll do fine on the techs
[Gabel] 10:27 am: Plot a course for Boros Alex we need to restock on fuel and parts soon and boros is an excellent place to do it
[starjunky] 10:27 am: "oh *mumbles never good a figurin' women*
[starjunky] 10:27 am: "Aye Cap'n, Boros it is
[monster87] 10:27 am: "Boros..."
[Throol] 10:27 am: Ian is in his cabin cleaning his guns.
[starjunky] 10:28 am: "we make any moneys with Fox? runnin low on smokes money
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:28 am: Btw i already had the boros part figured out beforehand
[monster87] 10:28 am: * face changes *
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:28 am: ok
[monster87] 10:28 am: (anyone who's looking it's sadness, doubt and anticipation mixed together)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:28 am: (I was looking into the trait Hidey Hole) I figured i would get it but i will do it later
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:29 am: Cause i used to Salvage back after i quit the military service
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:29 am: I figured we would have setup shop in boros as its an easy place for salvage
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:29 am: I'm thinkin my father is still there and I haven't paid him a visit in a really long time - Boomer is thinkin that it's about time. But their last partin wasn't very well. Father wasn't happy with his daughter going against the law and robbin banks and hacking stuff..
[Gabel] 10:29 am: What ya on about Alex ya already got paid
[Gabel] 10:30 am: Whats wrong Boomer you seem a little off
[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:30 am: you can let the captain know Boros is five days away compared to Regina being three days away
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:30 am: and my father is livin and workin on the alliance cruisers that are being built in orbit, probably a nice setting :)
[starjunky] 10:30 am: (hmm, did not note any reduction i my ship ops loan from last session, how much of 565 loan was paid back?
[monster87] 10:31 am: "I was born there you know and I haven't visited for a long time. I should though.. want to straighten things out with my dad..
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:31 am: k
[starjunky] 10:31 am: "by the way, Cap'n, Boros is 5 days out, Regina is only 3 if it makes a diff
[Gabel] 10:32 am: 220 Credits wasnt it ?
[Lazarus] 10:33 am: you got 11 credits and 200 platinum from Fox
[Gabel] 10:33 am: Well if its going to cause you grief boomer we can land on Regina instead
[Lazarus] 10:33 am: 1100
[Gabel] 10:33 am: We already split the money 6 ways
[Gabel] 10:33 am: Last game
[Gabel] 10:33 am: I got a double share for ships repairs,food, so on
[monster87] 10:34 am: "We can go to Regina instead.. but I should talk to dad sometime.."
[starjunky] 10:34 am: (ok, so will reduce my loan amount by 220 then? is that right?
[Gabel] 10:34 am: Lets head out to Regina then Alex
[Throol] 10:34 am: Oh so we each add 200 plat and 11 creds to sheets?
[Gabel] 10:34 am: No
[starjunky] 10:34 am: "Roger Boss, Regina it is
[Gabel] 10:35 am: The total of the money was split 6 ways
[monster87] 10:35 am: "Can I steer her Alex?"
[Gabel] 10:36 am: 220 each
[starjunky] 10:36 am: "Sure Boomer
[Gabel] 10:36 am: So you all got 220 creds
[monster87] 10:36 am: "You can
[starjunky] 10:36 am: (ok thanks Gabe
[monster87] 10:37 am: * sits at the controls, puts it on manual and has some fun with the ship *
[Gabel] 10:37 am: I got 440 an extra 220 for future ship repairs and food (Stuff for the ship) (This way i wont have to loan from people all the damn time)
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: Yasul has left at 10:37 am+
[Throol] 10:37 am: kk
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: Once the course is decided and plotted, the Fire Angel flies on oblivious to destination
[Gabel] 10:38 am: *Returns to his cabin*
[Gabel] 10:38 am: *Grabs a book and hits the galley*
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: Travel time turns out to be a shade over 75 hours with the ship arriving at 2pm local time
[starjunky] 10:39 am: "discusses nerd stuff related to plasma flux couplings with Boomer as she flys
[Throol] 10:40 am: Ian heads over to the galley to talk with the captain.
[monster87] 10:41 am: * talking and having a lot of fun with Alex, while testing every button on the controls and every possible flight manouver she can think of *
[Lazarus] 10:41 am: (Are you actually piloting, or doing simulations?)
[monster87] 10:42 am: actually piloting ;) so I'm slowing the voyage down, although I'll tire of it soon enough and set it back on auto pilot
[Throol] 10:42 am: "So, what's up next?"
[Lazarus] 10:43 am: okay then. Roll ship's agility d4 + d2 piloting. rolling ones on both dice is bad
[monster87] 10:43 am: I do have piloting d4? so what do I roll exactly?
[Gabel] 10:44 am: *Looking over his book at ian* Refuel and repair at Regina and if we can find some work if not we hit boros i have some salvage contacts there that might give us some jobs.
[Lazarus] 10:44 am: okay then roll 2d4
[monster87] 10:44 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d4)
[monster87] 10:44 am:

-> 2d4 (1,3 = 4)


[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: Daenon has entered at 10:44 am+
[Lazarus] 10:44 am: Hello Deanon
[Throol] 10:45 am: "Contacts! Fantastic, people who are known."
[Daenon] 10:45 am: Hi there.
[Lazarus] 10:45 am: The piloting goes rough on the ship and the crew, but no serious damage
[Lazarus] 10:45 am: starts rolling some dice: (d20)
[Lazarus] 10:45 am:

-> 1d20 (14)


[Throol] 10:46 am: "We should buy some lucky horseshoes, rabbits feet, whatever works. We could really use some better luck, man." *looks downcast*
[Lazarus] 10:46 am: but all the additional course and speed changes adds 14 hours to the flight
[Lazarus] 10:46 am: meaning you arrive at 4am
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: Daenon has left at 10:46 am+
[starjunky] 10:46 am: "guess its better to learn flyin' in the middle of the Black versus in a dogfight, Eh Boomer?
[monster87] 10:46 am: * afterwards * "Woah look at that, I had no idea I've gotten so far of course.. I'll correct the course - sorry Alex :P *
[monster87] 10:47 am: "heh it seemed easier on the planet last time with the farmers ;)"
[monster87] 10:47 am: "Well I'll let you back to it then, when you want to try out engineering next time gimme a call.
[Gabel] 10:47 am: Well we have had a bit of a tough time but it cant all be good
[Throol] 10:48 am: "Can't all be good, but man.... this has been the pits so far."
[Gabel] 10:49 am: Well except the part were we got had on a job and almost eaten by well reavers id say our lucks getting better.
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: Flaring in for a landing at the port of Addleborough, Alex lands the ship at the designated stall and begins the shut down sequence
[Throol] 10:52 am: "Can't never tell when a lead's good or bad, can't hardly find work anywhere... even the merc business is slow. Enough to make a man think about gettin' a regular gig."
[Gabel] 10:53 am: Well ian theres always work to be had on the rim or the boarderworlds problem is who to trust in the end
[monster87] 10:56 am: I'm going to eat with my gf for a bit - I'll be doing engineering or something - be back 30 min or somethin
[Gabel] 10:57 am: But i think we better Refuel and restock on food if you and alex can hit the cortex and the streets maybe there might be some work we can do here.
[Gabel] 10:57 am: While me and boomer go restock on supplies
[Throol] 10:58 am: "Yeah, not sure there's much point though."
[Lazarus] 10:59 am: As it is so early, aside from the port authroity doing a quick inspection and collecting the 10 credit landing fee, there isn't much going on in the port at the moment
[Gabel] 11:00 am: I tell the port authority to fill us up as well
[starjunky] 11:02 am: " I need to replenish my cig supply, anybody want to tag along?
[Gabel] 11:02 am: Well im going shopping anyway how about you tag along with me and boomer can tag along with Ian
[Lazarus] 11:02 am: Topping off the ship will cost 135 credits
[Gabel] 11:03 am: I pay them
[Lazarus] 11:04 am: the techs roll out the umblicals and the fueling is done fairly quickly for such an early time of the morning
[Lazarus] 11:04 am: You food stocks are also getting fairly thin as well
[Gabel] 11:05 am: Yeah im going to hit the shops and stuff once they open im just gonna have a look around find some places to shop then come back to the ship
[Gabel] 11:05 am: (Unless their already open)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:05 am: I wont take any money with me other then a few credits like 5 or so
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:06 am: John never carries alot of hard cash with him
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:06 am: ok
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:06 am: not much credit outside of the Core though
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:07 am: I know but in places he dont know he would rather get a lay of the land
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:07 am: so to speak
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:07 am: So he knows where to go directly
[Lazarus] 11:07 am: The port is very deserted and only a handful of to go type restuarants are open
[Throol] 11:07 am: "I think I'm gonna go get blitzed. Got a preference for where?"
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:08 am: How much money would i need for a months supply of canned foodstuffs
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:08 am: and 1 week supply of fresh foodstuffs
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:08 am: (Fresh install i dont have a pdf reader installed atm)
[Lazarus] 11:09 am: One thing that is a constant in all spaceports, even the small ones, is a bar, but at 4AM, even it is closed
[Gabel] 11:10 am: Im just gonna take a look around for some shops (Mostly ship parts and food and general goods maybe clothing stores)
[Gabel] 11:10 am: (I know their closed im just taking a look around)
[Throol] 11:12 am: Ian looks around for a late night off-sale store.
[Gabel] 11:13 am: I ask alex if he wants to join and ian
[Lazarus] 11:13 am: He can find a convenience store that seels beer
[Lazarus] 11:14 am: sells
[starjunky] 11:14 am: "sure, maybe I can find some low-end smokes till more stores open
[Throol] 11:15 am: "Sounds like a plan."
[Gabel] 11:15 am: Guess they will sell smokes in here Alex i think ian wants some drinks
[Throol] 11:15 am: Ian looks for strong but decent stuff.
[Lazarus] 11:16 am: Ian can find some fair stuff for a couple credits
[starjunky] 11:17 am: ( spekaing of lunch, need about 10 mins to whip something up myself...
[Throol] 11:18 am: "Ok time for some matching munchies." He grabs a couple cases of beer, and heads to look for burritos and snackage.
[Lazarus] 11:19 am: You complete your 'recon' of the area and return to the ship, Ian in about 30 minutes, John in about an hour
[Gabel] 11:22 am: Im just gonna kip til the shops open
[monster87] 11:23 am: * back, where am I? *
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: The port slowly starts to come alive as the sun rises, first delivery types and then early opening workers, and finally the rest of the employees
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: by 7AM the port is alive and many of the kiosk type vendors are hawking their wares
[Throol] 11:24 am: Soon as he gets back, Ian starts hitting the beer and snackage hard in the gallley.
[Lazarus] 11:26 am: unless he decides to ease up Ian is well and truly hammered by 7AM
[Lazarus] 11:26 am: Roll Vitality+Vitality
[Gabel] 11:28 am: So boomer you want to hit the shops im gonna get some food and stuff you are welcome to tag along
[Throol] 11:28 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Throol] 11:28 am:

-> 2d8 (7,6 = 13)


[Throol] 11:29 am: Ian is drinking water too, to avoid a hangover later
[Lazarus] 11:30 am: Ian is good and drunk, but manages to hold down the booze and the snacks
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:30 am: i grab 50 credits and tuck them neatly in my inner vest pocket (Not my duster but my vest)
[Lazarus] 11:31 am: When John reenters the galley, he finds Ian extremely drunk
[Gabel] 11:31 am: Well Ian im guessing you wont be joining us outside today *sighs*
[monster87] 11:31 am: "Yeah sure, I'll come Cap'n"
[Throol] 11:32 am: "Hehe more fun bein' here, and I'll make just as much money!!"
[monster87] 11:32 am: * pulls a nasty face to Ian *
[monster87] 11:32 am: "What's with him?"
[Gabel] 11:33 am: Sleep it off Ian were going to get supplies.
[starjunky] 11:33 am: (back
[Lazarus] 11:37 am: You exit the ship and after less than an hour, you can easily find food, the question is what do you wish to purchase? Fresh, Canned, or protein? and in what quantities?'
[Gabel] 11:38 am: (check Pm laz)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:38 am: I want a months supply of canned food and a weeks supply of fresh food delivered to my ship
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:40 am: A total of 140 credits
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:41 am: 100 for the month of canned for five and 40 for a week of fresh for five
[monster87] 11:41 am: ...
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:42 am: Really ? you dont go by the pdf on prices ?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:43 am: That's the prices right out of the book
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:43 am: 5 credits per week per person for canned
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:43 am: * credits for fresh
[starjunky] 11:43 am: (years of smoking left me with little taste prefernces, will defer to Cap'n and Boomer on foddstuffs
[monster87] 11:44 am: I guess I'll use my womanly and cooking skills as a base for choosing a nice mixture of fresh, canned and protein food
[Lazarus] 11:44 am: The merchant points out the standard spacer's supplies of canned foods of various types. the fresh food will have to come from kiosks, but does look fairly good
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:44 am: 8 credits
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:44 am: Ah yeah sorry i was looking at the wrong thing
[monster87] 11:45 am: I want to once again create a good fresh meal as our arrival feast
[monster87] 11:45 am: and of course cap'n is payin ;0
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:45 am: Can we say i took 150 cash with me then ? (I went by 50 cause i figured thats what the cost would be lol)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:46 am: If so i pay the man if not i just go get the cash then pay the man/woman
[Gabel] 11:46 am: Take a months supply of canned food and a weeks supply of fresh food
[Lazarus] 11:47 am: THe bill comes to 140 Credits for everything
[Gabel] 11:47 am: I pay the man/woman
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:48 am: sure, no prob onhaving the cash
[Lazarus] 11:48 am: You take your merchandise back to the ship and can now think about the most important task before you, finding a job
[monster87] 11:49 am: can I try get a discount like with the last merchant?
[Lazarus] 11:49 am: You can roll alertness + streetwise or Intelligence + Knowledge while you are out and about. Ian if you try, you are -2 steps to attributes
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: shadovar has left at 11:49 am+
[Lazarus] 11:50 am: You can always try
[Gabel] 11:50 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[Gabel] 11:50 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d8 (6) = 11


[Gabel] 11:50 am: (streetwise)
[monster87] 11:50 am: err what was it again, influence+int with sweet and cheerful?
[monster87] 11:50 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 11:50 am:

-> 1d12 (4)+ 1d10 (1) = 5


[monster87] 11:51 am: well nvm ;)
[monster87] 11:52 am: can't I combine streetwise with int :P?
[Lazarus] 11:53 am: Looking about, it seems like Regina is like the rest of the planets you've been to. The cargoes are either large and go to contracted shippers or the small ones go to the people with established track records
[Lazarus] 11:54 am: However, John learns of a business owner named Mortdechai Kenner that only awards shipping business to people that he considers to be winners. The eccentric Kenner initially made his money as high-stakes gambler and, in addition to retaining an abiding love for games of chance, feels that fate is the determining factor on whether he does business with someone. Kenner has a cargo of refined molybdenum ingots bound for Three Hills.
[monster87] 11:54 am: can I find out more about this guy with streetwise+int?
[Lazarus] 11:55 am: sure
[monster87] 11:55 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d12)
[monster87] 11:55 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d12 (12) = 14


[Lazarus] 11:57 am: Most people like Kenner, but most people think he's a half bubble off. However, he has a sterling rep
[monster87] 11:58 am: "Seems like a good enough guy to talk to Cap'n"
[Gabel] 11:58 am: Im gonna try talk to this kenner about his shipping job if i can
[monster87] 11:58 am: can I go with?
[Gabel] 11:58 am: Sure thing boomer
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: pruttm has left at 11:58 am+
[Gabel] 11:59 am: But i want alex and ian to stock our foodstuffs in the galley and whatnot
[monster87] 11:59 am: hehe yeah let the men do the work
[Lazarus] 11:59 am: However, before you can leave the ship, you get a wave
[Gabel] 11:59 am: Actualy just alex as i told Ian to sleep it off
[monster87] 11:59 am: we'll go do buisness
[Gabel] 11:59 am: A wave huh
[Gabel] 12:00 pm: And i spesificly tell alex not to let ian touch the damn stuff while hes drunk off his rocker
[Lazarus] 12:00 pm: The message is from Kenner's office. Odd or not, it seems that Kenner is well informed
[Gabel] 12:00 pm: What does the message say ?
[starjunky] 12:00 pm: "no prob Cap'n, I'll keep an eye on Ian
[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: The text only wave states that he has 100 tons of molybdenum, the time requirements for delivery, which the Fire Angel easily meets, and the fact that three other ships will be vying for the cargo
[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: The actual contest will, according to the wave, be taking place on planet and will not involve the contestant’s ships in order to eliminate any speed advantage. The wave lists a starting location in the small town of Rex where the contestants are to meet early next morning. There can be no more than six crew members, they must land no closer than a kilometer from the coordinates and walking the remaining distance on foot, and they made not be armed with anything heavier than a pistol.
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: The wave makes it crystal clear that any violation of these three rules will immediately disqualify any contestant caught trying to cheat.
[Gabel] 12:04 pm: Sounds a bit iffy to me but what the hells its not as if we are swimming in it right now.
[monster87] 12:05 pm: "Sounds very interesting if you ask me. I'm getting very curious to this Kenner guy"
[Gabel] 12:05 pm: So whos up for a bit o treasure hunting
[Gabel] 12:05 pm: Never fought over a job like this before but always a first time for everything
[monster87] 12:06 pm: "I'm in big time"
[Gabel] 12:07 pm: *I go tell alex about the job*
[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: You are free to do with the rest of the day what you like as the meet tomorrow is at 0500
[starjunky] 12:07 pm: "always up for a contest!
[Gabel] 12:09 pm: Im just gonna go shopping for some personal stuff
[Gabel] 12:09 pm: i will be back in a few unless anyone else wants to buy some stuff while their here
[monster87] 12:09 pm: * mumbling to Alex * "Now what kind of nades and xplosives would be considered heavier than a pistol? Of course I can take anything that actually weights less than a pistol, but I don't want to get us disqualified with a joke...
[monster87] 12:11 pm: * wanders off *
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:11 pm: Im gonna get one of my dusters reinforced and im looking for any old guitar and a wilderness survival kit
[Gabel] 12:11 pm: *Goes shopping*
[starjunky] 12:11 pm: "heh, prolly meant heavy in terms of firepower, not mass.
[Gabel] 12:11 pm: (PM for stuff laz)
[monster87] 12:12 pm: "Yeah, but who can tell
[starjunky] 12:12 pm: (brb, biobrk
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:14 pm: 25 credits for the lot
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:15 pm: I also buy some assault rifle ammo and pistol ammo
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:15 pm: around 50 of each
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:17 pm: And if i see any old books (Paper) i will buy a couple of them to if their not to expencive
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:17 pm: Thats the lot
[Gabel] 12:17 pm: (Pm again laz just updated it finished now)
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:18 pm: books vary wildly, but let's say 5 credits for a dozen
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:18 pm: Alrighty what about the ammo ?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:18 pm: ammo is another 2 credits
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:19 pm: alrighty
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:19 pm: so 32 credits i pay
[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: anyone else doing anything, or do we fast forward?
[Gabel] 12:20 pm: *comes back with a bunch of stuff is that a guitar on johns back ?? you can also see a dozen books paperback and some other stuff*
[starjunky] 12:20 pm: *smokes a cig*
[monster87] 12:21 pm: * I'm going out for a bit, asking Alex to come with. Not doin' anything in particular. Bit of shoppin. A cheery girl happy to be aground for a change *
[Gabel] 12:22 pm: *Stashes his stuff in his room*
[Gabel] 12:22 pm: *comes back to the galley and starts playing the to fine tune it*
[monster87] 12:24 pm: "Didn't know you play cap'n"
[Lazarus] 12:24 pm: considering you have neither artistry or performance, the tuning expierence is not a pleasant one
[Lazarus] 12:24 pm: especially for Ian
[Gabel] 12:25 pm: *Chuckles* I dont really i learned at a very young age im a tad bit rusty so to speak i was to busy hating my schooling then to appreciate the art of it *sighs*
[Gabel] 12:26 pm: Figured nows as good a time as any to pick it up again
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:26 pm: can I just think up now that I played a few tunes in my time on the guitar? can play some piano too. Got artistry, that helps :P?
[monster87] 12:27 pm: yeah, can I try it sometime too?
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:27 pm: Now that i got my file back i remember i was going to put some points into performance
[monster87] 12:27 pm: been a long while
[Gabel] 12:27 pm: shucks you could have told me you liked instruments i could have got another guitar
[Gabel] 12:27 pm: But ill lend ya mine when im not using it
[monster87] 12:28 pm: Yeah or we can get a keyboard next time and we'll try duet something :)
[monster87] 12:28 pm: or another guitar
[Gabel] 12:29 pm: *Sighs* If only jackson were here *John has a solemn look on his face* He could play a tune or two way better then i ever could.
[monster87] 12:30 pm: you haven't even heard me yet ;)
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: Throol has left at 12:32 pm+
[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: Unless someone wants to leave the ship again, you spend a pleasant evening aboard and even Ian rises in time for the fresh food dinner
[Gabel] 12:32 pm: *John grabs a pocket watch out from his vest pocket the watch looks dent like something had tried to pierce it* Damned fool *Puts the watch back*
[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: Everyone turns in early and is up early for the pre-dawn flight to the coordinates in the wave
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: Throol has entered at 12:33 pm+
[Gabel] 12:33 pm: Pistols only people we dont want to be disqualified right off the bat
[Gabel] 12:33 pm: And i dont want to see you carrying any explosives boomer
[monster87] 12:33 pm: should I take nades? flashes? smokers? frag?
[monster87] 12:33 pm: skip the frag, but always handy to have some smokes and flashes
[Gabel] 12:34 pm: Nothing boomer
[Gabel] 12:34 pm: Pistols
[Gabel] 12:34 pm: And ammo
[Gabel] 12:34 pm: And any other thing of utility that might be usefull
[monster87] 12:34 pm: kk.. I'm not good with a pistol though, not sure if I should even bother
[Gabel] 12:34 pm: Then dont carry anything im sure your smarts will be of use either way but take a pistol with you just incase
[monster87] 12:34 pm: eyes her simple brandnew unfired gun doubtfully
[Gabel] 12:35 pm: better to be safe then sorry
[monster87] 12:35 pm: kk * sticks the pistol in her jacket pocket *
[Gabel] 12:35 pm: Maybe if a firefight breaks off your intimidating fashion will shoo them off *chuckles*
[Lazarus] 12:36 pm: The crew loads up on the shuttle and that reminds John that he needs to look to getting the other two shuttles functional
[monster87] 12:36 pm: "Heh, me? I ain't the one frightning even Reavers off like you Cap'n"
[Gabel] 12:36 pm: Id like to think it was on account of alex's mean spirit that them reavers got what came to em
[Lazarus] 12:37 pm: "I'll stay here and keep an eye on things." Ray says as you board. "Wouldn't want to get the job and come back to a missing ship now would we?"
[monster87] 12:37 pm: "Good thinkin"
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:37 pm: since it isn't specialized yet, yes, you can have some limited skill with both instruments
[Gabel] 12:37 pm: (I assumed ray would stay behind like he always does)
[Lazarus] 12:38 pm: (Yeah, but figured I toss that out there for color)
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:38 pm: ok
[Gabel] 12:38 pm: (Shame that guy who was here last game did not show)
[Lazarus] 12:38 pm: the PCs arrive at 0500 the following morning at the desolate stretch of desert at the base of an escarpment designated in the wave, it is still dark enough that the Crew is unable to see who else is competing for the cargo. The rendezvous point is deserted and the only thing of note in the darkness is the ramshackle remnants of some sort of wooden building long abandoned.
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: I grab my wilderness survival kit some extra ammo
[Lazarus] 12:39 pm: (Yeah. I've got his user name from the log, I can PM him)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:39 pm: And the regular gear i carry
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:39 pm: ok
[starjunky] 12:39 pm: "yeah, but them Reaver's took a chunk outta me too
[Lazarus] 12:39 pm: Alex lands the shuttle and you disembark. Who goes and who stays, if anyone?
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:39 pm: I cant hopen word files right now so i cant remember 100% what i have but i know i have a glowlight torch
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:40 pm: or whatever its called
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:40 pm: (I have both snaplights and the torch type thing)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:40 pm: So i grab the torch as well
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:40 pm: ok
[Gabel] 12:40 pm: Somone needs to stay with the shuttle
[Gabel] 12:40 pm: Ian or alex either of you up for the job ?
[starjunky] 12:41 pm: "I'll stay, can come get y'all if it gets ugly
[Throol] 12:41 pm: Ok
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: Okay, so alex is staying and Ian is going?
[Gabel] 12:41 pm: Alex can come Ian you stay with the ship i want to make sure the shuttles protected
[starjunky] 12:41 pm: "ok Boss
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: ok, ian stay alex go, got it
[Lazarus] 12:42 pm: everyone leaving the shutlle roll Alertness + Perception / Hearing
[Gabel] 12:42 pm: I have a quick word with ian
[Gabel] 12:42 pm: before we leave
[starjunky] 12:42 pm: "pistol and ballsitic mesh ok?
[Gabel] 12:42 pm: (Ill just post it in pm)
[monster87] 12:42 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d4)
[monster87] 12:42 pm:

-> 1d4 (1)


[monster87] 12:42 pm: as usual I am fully not hearing anything
[Gabel] 12:43 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Gabel] 12:43 pm:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d6 (2) = 6


[Lazarus] 12:43 pm: alex?
[starjunky] 12:44 pm: oh sry
[Gabel] 12:44 pm: (Pistols and ballsitic mesh yes)
[starjunky] 12:44 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[starjunky] 12:44 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)


[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:45 pm: Btw i took alex because he was not able to join in on the fun last adventure
[Lazarus] 12:45 pm: As you approach, you are startled when three other groups emerge from the shadow of the partially collapsed building, which turns out to be what’s left of a large barn. Boomer jumps back in alarm and freezes in place. Drwing a few chuckles from the others.
[Lazarus] 12:46 pm: "Little jumpy ain't ya Bao bei? Mebbe this job ain't fer ya then. We all wouldn't mind if'n ya went home to Mama and left the work to the real spacers."
[monster87] 12:47 pm: "Afraid to lose from a girl ey?"
[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: "'Girl' is right darlin'" And this elicits even more laughter
[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: however, everyone make another alertness+perception/vision roll
[Gabel] 12:48 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Gabel] 12:48 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d6 (2) = 9


[monster87] 12:48 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d4)
[monster87] 12:48 pm:

-> 1d4 (2)


[starjunky] 12:48 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[starjunky] 12:48 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)


[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: As the four crews eye each other suspiciously, everyone jumps when something rolls out of the barn.
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: The object proves to be a crude robot of about three feet tall; moving about on treads, with one crude grasping arm and a single camera ‘eye’. The robot comes to a stop ten feet from the assembled group and after a couple awkward seconds, a surprisingly clear holographic projection starts.
[starjunky] 12:49 pm: (help me Obi Wan....
[Lazarus] 12:50 pm: The image is of a muscular, light skinned black man in his early 40s of less than average height and sporting a thin moustache smiles at the contestants. There is a short crackle as image begins to speak.
[Lazarus] 12:50 pm: “Good morning. I hope I haven’t startled any of you with my little friend  I am so glad to see that my little contest has generated so much*here. interest. My name is Mortdechai Kenner.
[Lazarus] 12:50 pm: Some people have heard of me, but it is likely that for those of you that have heard of me, that my reputation by them as what bothers to be polite is ‘eccentric’ while for them as can’t be bothered with manners label me a ‘crackpot’ or even worse things outside of my name.
[Lazarus] 12:50 pm: I like to think of myself as having a unique perspective on the ‘Verse we all call our home, but what to call my idiosyncrasies is not what brought you ladies and gentlemen here.
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: loudriver23 has left at 12:51 pm+
[Lazarus] 12:51 pm: “What brings the crews of the Oddball, Xuan’s Hope,Fire Angel, and Brass Monkey here this fine morning is business, well, the opportunity to earn some business is closer to what a Shepherd might call the truth.
[Lazarus] 12:51 pm: I know all of you have varying degrees of experience, but for those of you that have traveled the Black for more than a day…” At this point, the hologram makes an encompassing sweep of each of the crews; it is only the PC’s imagination if the eyes of Kenner’s image seem to linger on them longer than the other crews before he speaks again
[Lazarus] 12:52 pm: “Know that most businessmen would have you come to some staid office for an equally staid interview. However, as I am not known for being like most businessmen, I like to do things differently. I have always subscribed to the motto that ‘I’d rather be lucky than good’ and I prefer the trait of lucky in all my business associates.
[Lazarus] 12:52 pm: “What I propose is this ladies and gentlemen, in a few minutes, my mechanical associate here will recite a short riddle. This short bit of doggerel will tell you how to find the location of the second piece of the puzzle.
[Lazarus] 12:52 pm: Solving the second clue will allow you to figure out the third and final piece of my little game. Using the three clues, you will be able to find a radio beacon. The first crew to transmit the name of their ship to me wins the cargo. Good luck, good people.”
[Lazarus] 12:53 pm: The crews have just enough time to blink in disbelief before the robot’s speaker crackles again, this time in a synthesized mechanical voice: “She was once the noble queen of Olympus until her tranquility was soaked in blood, while the bountiful yield of this jealous orb will provide direction to the lost.”
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: crankypelican has entered at 12:53 pm+
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: crankypelican has left at 12:53 pm+
[Lazarus] 12:53 pm: ok, these are the clues to the first pat of the puzzle and they are worth plot points if you can figure them out on your own
[Gabel] 12:54 pm: (Hera)
[Lazarus] 12:54 pm: Anyone that thinks they know the answer, PM me
[monster87] 12:54 pm: * to the crew * "This is obviously about Hera
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:54 pm: Hera
[monster87] 12:54 pm: (shouldn't we talk about this together not pm you)
[Lazarus] 12:54 pm: If not, we can roll for your PC's to know
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:54 pm: That is the answer to the first half
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:54 pm: :)
[monster87] 12:55 pm: do I know something on the history of Hera?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:55 pm: and worth 2 plot points
[Lazarus] 12:55 pm: Gabel answered the first half...anyone game for the second half?
[Gabel] 12:55 pm: Im game.
[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: Knowledge is the general skill, you can roll INt + know to try
[monster87] 12:56 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d2+1d12)
[monster87] 12:56 pm:

-> 1d2 (1)+ 1d12 (3) = 4


[monster87] 12:56 pm: I'm tryin :P
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: crankypelican has left at 12:56 pm+
[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: "while the bountiful yield of this jealous orb will provide direction to the lost." is second part If none of you PLAYERS know, you may roll
[Lazarus] 12:57 pm: Intelligence + Knowledge / History
[Lazarus] 12:57 pm: You see one of the other crews take off running
[Gabel] 12:57 pm: Let me think for a sec
[monster87] 12:57 pm: "orb seems like a sun or solar system.. hera did have good agricultural lands... but I'm not getting it yet
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:57 pm: you can roll int + piloting / astrogation
[Gabel] 12:57 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8)
[Gabel] 12:57 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)


[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: as always, plot points can be added to any roll
[monster87] 12:58 pm: guess I don't know enough on serenity history :P
[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: you can try Int + piloting,
[Lazarus] 12:59 pm: with plot points maybe?
[monster87] 12:59 pm: piloting?
[monster87] 12:59 pm: I'll try with a plot point
[Lazarus] 12:59 pm: yes
[monster87] 12:59 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d4+1d2)
[monster87] 12:59 pm:

-> 1d12 (5)+ 1d4 (3)+ 1d2 (1) = 9


[starjunky] 12:59 pm: (can I roll int + piloting too?
[monster87] 12:59 pm: * should've had this on the university *
[Gabel] 1:00 pm: (Ofc you are here alex)
[starjunky] 1:00 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[starjunky] 1:00 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d6 (4) = 10


[Lazarus->monster87] 1:01 pm: You wrack your brain and remember that one of the chief rivals to Hera’s agricultural trade is the planet Harvest.
[Lazarus->starjunky] 1:01 pm: You wrack your brain and remember that one of the chief rivals to Hera’s agricultural trade is the planet Harvest.
[starjunky] 1:01 pm: (d6 gen piloting, d10 mid-bulks, I assume d6 is apprproate
[Gabel] 1:01 pm: Does hera have a moon ?
[Lazarus] 1:01 pm: yes, just the d6 unless you have astro gation
[monster87] 1:01 pm: "do you guys think the riddle has anything to do with that browncoats got beaten on serenity valley, maybe they are 'the lost'?
[starjunky] 1:02 pm: " I do seem to member planet Harvest is big agricultural rival to Hera
[Lazarus] 1:02 pm: everyone can roll int + will
[Lazarus] 1:02 pm: Another crew runs off
[Gabel] 1:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d10)
[Gabel] 1:02 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d10 (8) = 11


[starjunky] 1:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[starjunky] 1:02 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d4 (3) = 8


[monster87] 1:03 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)
[monster87] 1:03 pm:

-> 1d12 (5)+ 1d8 (7) = 12


[Lazarus] 1:04 pm: You remember there was a place called Hera's Harvest in Rex
[Gabel] 1:04 pm: Lets go there then
[Lazarus] 1:04 pm: (And yes, Hera has a moon - Eris)
[Lazarus] 1:05 pm: Now you've all got to run back to your shuttle, it is a kilometer away
[Gabel] 1:05 pm: RUN !
[monster87] 1:05 pm: ok I'm runnin
[Lazarus] 1:05 pm: FORMIDABLE (75) Complex Action of Agility + Athletics with each roll taking 20 seconds.
[Lazarus] 1:06 pm: if you have running, that is applicable
[monster87] 1:06 pm: do we count the slowest or together or what?
[Gabel] 1:06 pm: How about 1 roll each ?
[Lazarus] 1:06 pm: each of you rolls individually as you would in a real race
[Gabel] 1:06 pm: Then add them ?
[Gabel] 1:06 pm: Ahh okay
[monster87] 1:06 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[monster87] 1:06 pm:

-> 2d8 (1,8 = 9)


[Gabel] 1:06 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d6)
[Gabel] 1:06 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d6 (3) = 8


[Lazarus] 1:07 pm: you each have to reach 75 for all of you to be there, guess the shuttle cloud leave a stragller
[monster87] 1:07 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8+2d8+2d8+2d8+2d8+2d8)
[monster87] 1:07 pm:

-> 2d8 (8,7 = 15) + 2d8 (6,7 = 13) + 2d8 (5,3 = 8) + 2d8 (7,4 = 11) + 2d8 (5,1 = 6) + 2d8 (8,5 = 13) = 66


[Gabel] 1:07 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d6)
[Gabel] 1:07 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d6 (6) = 9


[Gabel] 1:07 pm: okay sec let me just add mine then i will roll many at a time as well
[Lazarus] 1:07 pm: that is 75 exactly Boomer
[monster87] 1:08 pm: ok so I race inside the ship and start the engine
[Gabel] 1:08 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6+2d6+2d6+2d6+2d6+2d6+2d6)
[Gabel] 1:08 pm:

-> 2d6 (5,4 = 9) + 2d6 (1,3 = 4) + 2d6 (3,2 = 5) + 2d6 (5,3 = 8) + 2d6 (3,3 = 6) + 2d6 (3,1 = 4) + 2d6 (5,2 = 7) = 43


[Gabel] 1:08 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6+2d6)
[Gabel] 1:08 pm:

-> 2d6 (3,6 = 9) + 2d6 (3,6 = 9) = 18


[Gabel] 1:08 pm: okay im there
[Gabel] 1:09 pm: 17+18+34
[Gabel] 1:09 pm: 43*
[starjunky] 1:09 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[starjunky] 1:09 pm:

-> 1d10 (2)+ 1d6 (5) = 7


[monster87] 1:09 pm: so you're 1 minute later than me
[Lazarus] 1:09 pm: John takes 11 rolls, Boomer takes 9
[Gabel] 1:09 pm: Alex ?
[Lazarus] 1:09 pm: Roll them in a string star,
[monster87] 1:10 pm: I took only 7 laz
[starjunky] 1:10 pm: (eh?
[Gabel] 1:10 pm: You need to roll run
[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: sorry, right 7
[Gabel] 1:10 pm: Unless we can quickly pick Alex up thats not cheating right ?
[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: roll agility+athletics until you reach 75
[monster87] 1:11 pm: alex is faster than you
[Gabel] 1:11 pm: true
[starjunky] 1:11 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[starjunky] 1:11 pm:

-> 1d10 (8)+ 1d6 (4) = 12


[starjunky] 1:11 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[starjunky] 1:11 pm:

-> 1d10 (7)+ 1d6 (3) = 10


[Lazarus] 1:11 pm: wave said not for the shuttle to come within in klick of the rendezvous
[starjunky] 1:11 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[starjunky] 1:11 pm:

-> 1d10 (5)+ 1d6 (5) = 10


[Gabel] 1:11 pm: Ah well then thats cheating
[Gabel] 1:11 pm: Run boy run im the slowpoke
[starjunky] 1:11 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[starjunky] 1:11 pm:

-> 1d10 (10)+ 1d6 (5) = 15


[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: that's 54, need a couple more
[monster87] 1:12 pm: =54 in 5 rolls (way to go)
[starjunky] 1:12 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[starjunky] 1:12 pm:

-> 1d10 (2)+ 1d6 (1) = 3


[starjunky] 1:12 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[starjunky] 1:12 pm:

-> 1d10 (4)+ 1d6 (6) = 10


[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: eep, almost tripped
[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: 67
[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: one more should do it
[starjunky] 1:12 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+6)
[starjunky] 1:12 pm:

-> 1d10 (7)+ 6 (6) = 13


[Gabel] 1:12 pm: (fuck sake i forgot i had leadership)
[monster87] 1:12 pm: ok so alex gets in 20 sec after mee
[monster87] 1:12 pm: me
[monster87] 1:12 pm: ah save the leadership
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: So Boomer reches the shuttle first with Alex hard on her heels
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: wheezy old John arrives a minute later
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: as soon as you are abaod, you seal the shuttle and lift
[Gabel] 1:14 pm: *Coughs* *Spits* *harks* *Wheezes* Huff Damned it im not as young as i used to be
[monster87] 1:14 pm: yeah and john being later gives us time to start the shuttle
[monster87] 1:14 pm: "Heh cap'n you did well for an old timer ;)
[Lazarus] 1:14 pm: Once back on their ship, getting the next clue can use any means necessary. The two of the other three crews reached the rendezvous via shuttle, while the third used their ship, the Oddball, a battered looking Wren-class transport.
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: GeekEclectic has left at 1:14 pm+
[monster87] 1:15 pm: "And you're amazing Alex, weren't many who could keep up with me like that, even back at university
[Lazarus] 1:15 pm: The most direct route to the Hera’s Harvest Tavern is a HARD (11) Ship’s Agility + Piloting roll. However, beating the other three contestants to a landing point is a four way Opposed Roll of the same skill with the winner landing closest to the bar and thus the shortest run to the entrance.
[monster87] 1:15 pm: can I assist in the piloting somehow?
[Gabel] 1:15 pm: Alex you better show me some of your amazing skills here (I want to assist with leadership)
[Lazarus] 1:16 pm: you can take the highest roll between you
[monster87] 1:16 pm: (better save the leadership for something we need to do together)
[Gabel] 1:16 pm: Boomer see if you cant crank up our shuttles speed Ian you better hang on tight
[Lazarus] 1:16 pm: ALex gets his born behind the wheel, so he will roll d8+ d12+d2
[Gabel] 1:16 pm: (Getting there for the last part is important as hell)
[monster87] 1:16 pm: what's the ships agility of this shuttle?
[Lazarus] 1:16 pm: oh right the shuttle, hold on
[Gabel] 1:17 pm: (Dont forget this shuttle was actualy nifty and in pristine shape with upgrades)
[starjunky] 1:17 pm: ok so d8 agil, d12, d2 and spend 3 pps?
[Lazarus] 1:17 pm: with bonus d12, so roll d12+d12+d2
[starjunky] 1:17 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12+d2+d6)
[starjunky] 1:17 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d12 (1)+ 1d2 (1)+ 1d6 (4) = 8


[starjunky] 1:17 pm: omg
[monster87] 1:17 pm: lol i'll do it with 2 plot points
[Gabel] 1:17 pm: Did you roll leadership or not ?
[monster87] 1:17 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4+1d4)
[monster87] 1:17 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d4 (4)+ 1d4 (4) = 14


[monster87] 1:18 pm: look easy
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm:

-> 2d8 (6,4 = 10)


[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4)
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d4 (1) = 3


[monster87->Lazarus] 1:18 pm: overconfident is fun :P
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d10)
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d10 (4) = 6


[monster87] 1:18 pm: no we're saving leadership
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: The Wren lumbers into the air into the path of one of the shuttle and thereis amost a collision
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: Alex is so shocked by the sight, that plucky little bommer manages to take advantage of the disruption and land closest to the bar
[monster87] 1:20 pm: cmon lets be quick, runs out to the tavern
[Lazarus] 1:20 pm: Racing into the bar, the Crew finds that the Hera’s Harvest Tavern turns out to be a fairly nice place and it quite clear that brawling or other disturbances of the peace will not be tolerated.
[Lazarus] 1:20 pm: The barkeeper faces you when they enter, but he does not say anything.
[Lazarus] 1:21 pm: You can hear another ship coming in for a landing
[monster87] 1:22 pm: "Barkeep? You know Kenner? You know this game of his? Is there another clue her?"
[Gabel] 1:22 pm: So we look for the third clue or ask the barkeep if he knows anything about it ?
[monster87] 1:22 pm: * looks around *
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: At the mention of Kenner's name, he hands you an envelop
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: A point point for Boomer
[monster87] 1:23 pm: plot point you mean ;)?
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: yeah
[monster87] 1:23 pm: "open it here cap''n? or run back to our ship?
[monster87] 1:24 pm: * ready to do the latter *
[Gabel] 1:24 pm: Lets get out of here and open it
[monster87] 1:24 pm: ok so we run back to our shuttle
[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: Once outside, the envelop contains is a single sheet of paper stating: “The sacred chalice of many quests holds the answer for which ye seek. Combine what ye have learned to find thy way.”
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: crankypelican has left at 1:24 pm+
[monster87] 1:24 pm: "The holy grail"
[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: riddle again, worht plot points
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: 2 points for Boomer
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: Hidan has left at 1:25 pm+
[monster87] 1:25 pm: but I'm nto sure how to combine that with 'what ye have learned'..
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: however, that is all the message says
[starjunky] 1:26 pm: wracks brain ( with d8 in astrogation ) for any planest/moons similar to Grail or Holy...
[monster87] 1:26 pm: me too
[Gabel] 1:26 pm: Wait wait
[Gabel] 1:26 pm: Its the whole riddle combined
[Gabel] 1:26 pm: What have we learned so far
[Gabel] 1:26 pm: Hera/Harvest/HolyGrail ?
[monster87] 1:27 pm: The Holy Grail of Hera's Harvest..
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: You both know there is no planet or moon with that name
[monster87] 1:27 pm: what do we know about this tavern?
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: all of you can roll int + will
[monster87] 1:28 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)
[monster87] 1:28 pm:

-> 1d12 (4)+ 1d8 (2) = 6


[Gabel] 1:28 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d10)
[Gabel] 1:28 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d10 (3) = 9


[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:28 pm: The riddle about the grail is in two parts
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:28 pm: The sacred chalice of many quests
[starjunky] 1:28 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[starjunky] 1:28 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d4 (2) = 4


[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:28 pm: holds the answer for which ye seek.
[Gabel] 1:29 pm: Its in two parts
[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: Both Boomer and Alex realize, the shuttle has a cortex link
[monster87] 1:29 pm: so.. ?
[Gabel] 1:30 pm: The sacred chalice of many quests
[Gabel] 1:30 pm: Holds the answer for which ye seek
[Gabel] 1:30 pm: Cortex
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: int + hacking with a twostep bonus to skill will allow you to search
[monster87] 1:31 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d12+1d4)
[monster87] 1:31 pm:

-> 1d12 (9)+ 1d12 (5)+ 1d4 (1) = 15


[Gabel] 1:31 pm: See if you cant find anything about this here chalice on the cortex boomer
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:31 pm: (tell me if I can use intuition anywhere ;))
[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: according to the legend, the cup was used to catch the blood of Christ.
[monster87] 1:31 pm: "That's exactly my kind of work"
[monster87] 1:32 pm: pff what does that tell us.,.
[Gabel] 1:32 pm: Are there any shepard places around here boomer ?
[Gabel] 1:32 pm: Check the cortex
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: “The sacred chalice of many quests holds the answer for which ye seek
[monster87] 1:32 pm: any religous relics here on the holy grail on this planet?
[monster87] 1:32 pm: I check the cortex
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: “The sacred chalice of many quests HOLDS the answer for which ye seek
[Gabel] 1:33 pm: Cup
[monster87] 1:33 pm: blood
[Gabel] 1:33 pm: Its about a Cup
[Gabel] 1:33 pm: No wait it could be a container
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: Throol has left at 1:33 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: And a plot point to Boomer
[monster87] 1:33 pm: blood holds the answer
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: Hera, Harvest, Holy Grail, and Blood
[Gabel] 1:33 pm: Blood harvest ?
[monster87] 1:34 pm: I check the cortex again on something with those words
[monster87] 1:34 pm: (bound to be something like google.com where you can just combine those words :p)
[monster87] 1:34 pm: remember that we have to find a radio..
[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: roll int + piloting
[monster87] 1:35 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d4)
[monster87] 1:35 pm:

-> 1d12 (3)+ 1d4 (1) = 4


[Gabel] 1:35 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Gabel] 1:35 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d6 (2) = 9


[monster87] 1:35 pm: ..
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: or int + perception
[Gabel] 1:35 pm: Alex
[monster87] 1:35 pm: alex is best
[starjunky] 1:35 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d10)
[starjunky] 1:35 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d10 (3) = 4


[monster87] 1:35 pm: lool..
[starjunky] 1:35 pm: (d10 for mid-bulks
[Gabel] 1:36 pm: (Hes totally the best)
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:36 pm: maybe the riddle is easier than you think. something to do with the individual words perhaps
[monster87] 1:36 pm: think its regular piloting)
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: can roll just a stat and plot points to make up for not having a skill
[monster87] 1:37 pm: we all have the skill, but just suck at rolling high in this case :p
[Gabel] 1:37 pm: What if we use the individual words
[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: YOu see one of the other shuttles tke off
[Gabel] 1:37 pm: Hera, Harvest, Holy Grail, and Blood
[Gabel] 1:37 pm: Try searching in the cortex
[monster87] 1:38 pm: I'll search, but shouldn't we follow that ship?
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: roll int + perception
[Gabel] 1:38 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Gabel] 1:38 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d6 (3) = 10


[monster87] 1:38 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1D4)
[monster87] 1:38 pm:

-> 1d12 (6)+ 1d4 (1) = 7


[starjunky] 1:38 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[starjunky] 1:38 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d6 (4) = 9


[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:38 pm: with a plot point, you figure number of letters
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:39 pm: ok i use a plot point
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:40 pm: how many letters are in each word?
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:40 pm: well 4 in hera
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:40 pm: 7 in harvest
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:40 pm: 4 in holy
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:40 pm: 5 in grail
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:40 pm: 5 in blood
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:40 pm: COORDINATES
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:40 pm: AYE
[Gabel] 1:40 pm: Punch in these Coordinates
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:41 pm: you can roll int + d4 from intuition
[Gabel] 1:41 pm: 47455
[monster87] 1:41 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d4+1d4)
[monster87] 1:41 pm:

-> 1d12 (10)+ 1d4 (1)+ 1d4 (3) = 14


[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: as soon as John says it, Alex realizes that the numbers are a set of coordinates.
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:41 pm: (not sure if it was this roll, i just noticed your message)
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: and that is roughly the heading that the other shuttle is taking!
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:41 pm: Damn you and your riddles
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:42 pm: :P
[Gabel] 1:42 pm: Quickly Alex get us in the air NOW !
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: The coordinates lead to a site roughly an hour’s flight south of Rex. As you touch down, they see the shuttle from Brass Monkey has just landed!
[Lazarus] 1:43 pm: Alex roll d12+d6
[starjunky] 1:43 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d12+d6)
[starjunky] 1:43 pm:

-> 1d12 (6)+ 1d6 (3) = 9


[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: You land in the first open place you can find, but the other crew is already running up a hill
[monster87] 1:44 pm: should we follow blind?
[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: If you are going to beat them to the top of the hill, you are going to have to shag it
[monster87] 1:44 pm: what are they doing?
[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: running up the hill
[monster87] 1:45 pm: can't we use the shuttle to be faster?
[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: no place to land
[monster87] 1:45 pm: can't one of us just jump where we see the radio?
[monster87] 1:45 pm: we dun all have to be tehre
[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: they are about a third of the way up the hill
[Gabel] 1:45 pm: Alex get us to that hill NOW
[Gabel] 1:46 pm: Im going to jump using all my plot points to land
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: The other shuttle sees you lift and moves to intercept
[starjunky] 1:46 pm: "aye Boss, HANG ON!
[Gabel] 1:46 pm: Get me as CLOSE AS YOU CAN they aint winning this one !
[monster87] 1:47 pm: * looks doubtful * "I can also jump?"
[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d10+d4)
[Lazarus] 1:47 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d10 (5)+ 1d4 (3) = 15


[starjunky] 1:47 pm: ( gonna spend last 3 pps on this one...
[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: alex roll d12+d6
[Gabel] 1:47 pm: can i use leadership now ?
[starjunky] 1:47 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d12+d6+d6)
[starjunky] 1:47 pm:

-> 1d12 (12)+ 1d6 (4)+ 1d6 (3) = 19


[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: ok d12+2d6
[Gabel] 1:47 pm: This is our last task right ?
[monster87] 1:47 pm: nice one
[starjunky] 1:47 pm: (finally a decent roll
[monster87] 1:48 pm: then I'm jumping too
[monster87] 1:48 pm: guess we're close to the ground as can be
[starjunky] 1:48 pm: (0 pp now :(
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: You manage to avoid the other shuttle, but you have to climb to do so
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: YOu can jump, but you are 80 feet up
[monster87] 1:49 pm: .. I tought the roll was to get us as close as possible :P
[Lazarus] 1:49 pm: You can see one of the other crew spurt ahead like some sort of gazelle
[Gabel] 1:49 pm: okay plot point time
[Gabel] 1:49 pm: Laz PM
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:50 pm: I'm not seeing anything here
[Serenity - Out of the Ashes - Session 9]: ak47 has left at 1:50 pm+
[monster87] 1:50 pm: I'm going to jump only when Alex is gettin us close to the object we need to reach
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:50 pm: Im just going to use all my plot points and do an amazing bungiee jump off the shuttle (Using some rope i got in my survival kit)
[monster87] 1:50 pm: not from 80 ft
[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: ALex is going to have to beat the other pilot as the shuttle is coming around to block you again
[monster87] 1:51 pm: (if I was playin another char I'd say to shoot the gazelle ;))
[Gabel] 1:51 pm: (Dont i already have a plan)
[Gabel] 1:51 pm: If laz approves obviously
[Lazarus] 1:52 pm: The two shuttles spped toward each other as the runner reaches the three quarters mark
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:52 pm: you'll have to roll agility + survvial to rig something up
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:53 pm: Cant i use plot points to narrate how awesome this was ?
[Lazarus] 1:53 pm: John grabs a pack from one of the storage bins and starts rigging up a rope
[Gabel] 1:53 pm: Alex
[Gabel] 1:53 pm: Help me with this Now!
[Gabel] 1:53 pm: Or Ian
[Gabel] 1:53 pm: Alex is piloting
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:53 pm: you can use plot points to succeed and I'll be glad to tell you how awesome your action is
[monster87] 1:53 pm: I'll help.. Ian is back at the ship
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:54 pm: okay i use 6 plot points
[Lazarus] 1:54 pm: Alex is sweating bullets as it is clear the otyher shuttle pilot isn't going to give up the prize either
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:54 pm: you may want to save some for the jump as you haven't rolled agility + Survival yet
[Gabel] 1:54 pm: How many skill steps to i get 1d10 ?
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:54 pm: okay well ian and boomer are helping me sett it up
[Gabel] 1:54 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d2)
[Gabel] 1:54 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d2 (1) = 2


[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:55 pm: only best roll will count
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:55 pm: A fucking double botch
[monster87] 1:55 pm: ..
[Gabel] 1:55 pm: Roll Agility+Survival
[Gabel] 1:55 pm: If you have it
[Gabel] 1:55 pm: Ian and Boomer
[monster87] 1:55 pm: ian isn't here..
[monster87] 1:55 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8)
[monster87] 1:55 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)


[Lazarus] 1:55 pm: Alex banks hard and John goes spinning ass over teacup
[Gabel] 1:55 pm: Well NPC roll for him then hes in the shuttle
[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: The two shutles are within yards!
[Gabel] 1:56 pm: Offf
[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: AND FADE TO BLACK
[Gabel] 1:56 pm: *Trying to keep his ground*
[Gabel] 1:56 pm: Ahh fade
[monster87] 1:56 pm: got you gonna leave us with that?!
[starjunky] 1:56 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d12+2d6)
[starjunky] 1:56 pm:

-> 1d12 (7)+ 2d6 (6,2 = 8) = 15


[Gabel] 1:56 pm: Cant believe i double botched that roll
[monster87] 1:56 pm: *god
[starjunky] 1:56 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d12+2d6)
[starjunky] 1:56 pm:

-> 1d12 (6)+ 2d6 (5,3 = 8) = 14


[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: I'll keep that roll for next week
[Gabel] 1:57 pm: I hate you so much
[Gabel] 1:57 pm: lol
[Lazarus] 1:57 pm: It was just opne roll start
[starjunky] 1:57 pm: ah man, scroll got stuck
[Lazarus] 1:57 pm: well, I believe I mentioned I was a big fan of the Pulps
[monster87] 1:57 pm: xD I wish it more clear what happened.. I could've done something..
[starjunky] 1:57 pm: good game all
[Gabel] 1:57 pm: I was going to bungiee jump off the ship with rope i was setting up
[monster87] 1:57 pm: I liked the riddles and the game very much laz
[Lazarus] 1:57 pm: Yep, great session, lots of RP
[Gabel] 1:58 pm: But i was trying to get laz to agree with it first to see if i could do it
[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: Thanks Rein, riddles can sometimes kill an adventure, wasn't sure how they would go over