Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 9:20 am+
[Lazarus] 9:20 am: Welcome to P&PG Chat.
[General Chatter]: Zippee has entered at 9:27 am+
[General Chatter]: Zippee has left at 9:28 am+
[General Chatter]: starjunky has entered at 9:39 am+
[General Chatter]: Phoenix Duspiva has entered at 9:42 am+
[->Lazarus] 9:46 am: Hey laz ive been looking at the Traits ive been thinking about getting Nose for trouble/Trustworthy gut both of them have to do with Intuition and sensing things that are off right ? (Obviously wont get both right away just need to make sure)
[Lazarus->] 9:47 am: yes they do
[->Lazarus] 9:47 am: Thanks
[General Chatter]: Throol has entered at 9:57 am+
[General Chatter]: monster87 has entered at 10:03 am+
[Lazarus] 10:05 am: I created room "Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8"
[General Chatter]: monster87 has left at 10:05 am+
[General Chatter]: starjunky has left at 10:05 am+
[General Chatter]: has left at 10:05 am+
[General Chatter]: Phoenix Duspiva has left at 10:06 am+
[General Chatter]: Throol has left at 10:06 am+
Welcome! You have entered [Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8] at 10:06 am+
[monster87] 10:06 am: who's phoenix?
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: John used his intimidatin' manner to force the three toughs to back down
[Phoenix Duspiva] 10:06 am: just sitting in
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: He's new forum member
[Lazarus] 10:07 am: and wanted to check out the game
[monster87] 10:07 am: ok np
[Lazarus] 10:08 am: Turns out the guy was Theodore Harold Edmund Fox, AKA the Black Fox a legendary Browncoat privateer
[Lazarus] 10:08 am: He was just released by the Alliance after 7 years in prison, but the Feds seized his home to pay for his defense
[Lazarus] 10:09 am: He mentioned he had a stash he hid away before the war got too intense
[Lazarus] 10:09 am: and needs some help to recover the money
[Throol] 10:09 am: -
[Throol] 10:09 am: help?
[Lazarus] 10:10 am: THe next morning, everyone boarded the shuttle to fly to the Serenity Valley Memorial
[Lazarus] 10:10 am: You had just arrived and saw the hundreds of thousands of grave markers when the scene faded to black
[->Lazarus] 10:11 am: I wont pick anything up now i will take a longer look at it when i have the time some other day
[Lazarus->] 10:12 am: ok
[Lazarus] 10:12 am: And that is where we pick up today
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: Throol has left at 10:12 am+
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: Throol has entered at 10:13 am+
[Phoenix Duspiva] 10:13 am: wb
[Lazarus] 10:13 am: Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8, GM - Lazarus, Players Throol, Gabel, monster87, starjunky, and gues Phoenix Duspiva
[Lazarus] 10:14 am: Alex follows the landing singals to the designated vistor's parking
[monster87] 10:14 am: (you forgot to tell that we dropped off the refugee first - although both cap'n and me insisted that he would stay and recover more - his decision was to stay out in the wilds and give up ever meeting people again
[Lazarus] 10:14 am: after landing and shutting down the engines, he opens the main hatch.
[starjunky] 10:14 am: "Man, I had no idea..."
[Lazarus] 10:15 am: The first thing that strings you is the silence, which is only broken by the arrival and departure of shuttles
[Lazarus] 10:15 am: (monster is right the refugee found a large wilderness to live out his life)
[Lazarus] 10:16 am: There are shuttle buses to take visitors to the main memorial structures
[Lazarus] 10:16 am: This ride takes a good ten minutes
[] 10:17 am: *Takes off his hat and walks out the shuttle silently*
[Lazarus] 10:17 am: When you exit the buses, you see the main facility gleaming in white marble despite the ovecast day
[Lazarus] 10:18 am: You can easily see dozes if not hundreds of visitors, but the thing that stands out the most is the quiet
[monster87] 10:18 am: * stays silent as she follows the rest *
[Lazarus] 10:18 am: Before the war, the quietness of the area is what gave it the name Serenity Valley
[Lazarus] 10:19 am: The main facility is open and free to the public
[Phoenix Duspiva] 10:19 am: *bows head while folling group*
[Lazarus] 10:19 am: in the distance, you can see the grave markers extending out of sight in all directions
[Lazarus] 10:20 am: You can see there are Federal gray wearing individuals that seem to be guides
[Lazarus] 10:20 am: However, which way you go, if anywhere, is up to you
[] 10:21 am: I guess you want to pay your respects to your fellows Ted we can go there first if you wish
[Lazarus] 10:23 am: "Actually, I never lost a crewman. I did know many that did die in the war.
[Lazarus] 10:24 am: There are kiosks with Cortex links that map out who is in every grave, but there is a large section dedicated to Unkown.
[Lazarus] 10:24 am: "I guess I can look up some of my neighbors."
[Lazarus] 10:25 am: However, as Fox reaches the nearest kiosk, people begin to point.
[] 10:26 am: *Has a rather solemn look on his face for a second* Well i knew a few people but i lost contact with alot of them during the war maybe some of them are buried here but i wanted to come here to see for myself the devestation that happened here and pay my respects either way.
[Lazarus] 10:27 am: Soon there is a gathering and Fox begins to look nervous. "O, zhe zhen shi ge kuai le de jin zhan." (This is a happy development.)
[Lazarus] 10:28 am: You can soon hear the murmuring in the gathering crowd, some positive, some negative.
[Lazarus] 10:28 am: Fox turns to look at the rest of you. "We better leave."
[] 10:29 am: You gonna let them decide what you do for the rest of your life Ted the past is the past people need to learn that.
[monster87] 10:29 am: * sigh *
[monster87] 10:29 am: "Still.. some people start hittin before they start listenin"
[Lazarus] 10:30 am: From the crowd a voice shouts. "Yeah, go ahead a slink away like you did during the war, you slippery snake."
[Lazarus] 10:30 am: "John, I can live with the consequences of my actions, but there are a lot of them, and I don't think they are going to be too particular when the fists start flying."
[] 10:31 am: You came here to pay your respects like everyone else they aint got no right to tell you what to do
[Phoenix Duspiva] 10:32 am: *sighs, and turns to the shuttles* "best not to disrespect the dead by fighting"
[Lazarus] 10:32 am: As Fox speaks, close to a dozen hard looking men and women push through to the front of the crowd
[Lazarus] 10:33 am: "I think Ray is on to something."
[Throol] 10:33 am: "Fists? Action? Sounds like fun!"
[] 10:33 am: This aint right and it wont end if ya dont take a stand somewhere.
[->Lazarus] 10:34 am: Btw im just playing out John's Rebellious side
[Phoenix Duspiva] 10:34 am: *walks to the shuttle and holds the door for the others*
[Throol] 10:34 am: Ian makes sure his brass knuckles are ready, just in case
[Throol] 10:34 am: (but does not put them on)
[Lazarus->] 10:35 am: You are at one point or another start to learn about the way the verse runs or you will get everyone killed
[Lazarus] 10:35 am: "John, there are times when morally you can be one hundred percent right and standing up for them can be one hundred percent wrong. Do you want to disturb this place?"
[Lazarus] 10:35 am: (You can't get to the shuttle that quickly, it is a ten minute bus ride)
[monster87] 10:35 am: "In this case I have to agree with Ted Cap'n. Let's head back"
[Phoenix Duspiva] 10:36 am: "respect for the fallen comes before respect for the self"
[] 10:36 am: *Sighs* *Mumbling to himself* Starts walking away slowly
[Lazarus] 10:36 am: "One of them has a mouth. You think you can take all of us smart guy?"
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: The hard looking individuals circle around the crew. "Leaving so soon? You Browncoat piss pots never were much for an extended fight, well ya did here and look how well that worked out."
[starjunky] 10:40 am: "how 'bout some respect for the fallen. We're movin on"
[] 10:41 am: *Snaps around* Son you better take a long hard look at who i am and where i stood in the piss poor excuse for a war then i suggest you turn around with your friends before your brain pops with all that knowledge of the things you dont know starts creeping its way into your leaky brainpan
[Throol] 10:41 am: "It's funny, how people will dare to say things in groups, when they wouldn't have courage for a fair one-on-one fight."
[Lazarus] 10:41 am: (If you are trying to talk your way out of here, roll Willpower + Influence)
[Throol] 10:42 am: (What should I roll if I'm trying for a one-on-one fighting match?)
[Lazarus] 10:42 am: "Well using numbers to our advantage is what crushed you Browncoats turds before, so ain't no reason to change that plan."
[] 10:42 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d2+1d6)
[] 10:42 am:

-> 1d12 (7)+ 1d2 (2)+ 1d6 (2) = 11


[Lazarus] 10:42 am: (You could try intelligence + influence)
[Lazarus->] 10:43 am: what do you say to the crowd?
[Throol] 10:43 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d2)
[Throol] 10:43 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d2 (1) = 6


[monster87] 10:43 am: (in the meanwhile I make sure I'm behind the men, in the ship for when the fighting breaks out
[Lazarus] 10:43 am: kk
[Lazarus->] 10:44 am: Alex?
[->Lazarus] 10:44 am: typing it
[->Lazarus] 10:44 am: give me a sec
[Lazarus->] 10:45 am: k
[Throol] 10:45 am: "I ain't no Browncoat. But I have honor and courage enough to fight fair. Oh, and never forget Miranda."
[Phoenix Duspiva] 10:45 am: Phoenix Duspiva starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)
[Lazarus] 10:45 am: "you just really want a beating today don't ya?".
[Phoenix Duspiva] 10:45 am: (1d8+1d4)
[Lazarus] 10:45 am: The comand is /roll
[Phoenix Duspiva] 10:46 am: ahh thanks
[] 10:46 am: Were leaving because we choose to so i suggest yall do the same i had enough of the blatant disregard for the fact that the gorram war is over like these fools who think im a browncoat just because im walking with this man here
[Throol] 10:46 am: (who said that?)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 10:46 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 10:46 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d4 (2) = 7


[Lazarus] 10:46 am: "Well, pretty boy here has some nice words. I'm game for lettin' the rest of you go, but I think Mouth here needs a lesson."
[Throol] 10:48 am: (I still don;'t know what NPC is saying what))
[Lazarus] 10:48 am: "We'll give ya a chance even. just two of use cause it seems like you need to learn to stop lettin' your battlship mouth overload your rowboat ass."
[Lazarus] 10:49 am: (What seems like the leader of the toughs is talking to Ian)
[] 10:50 am: If your still going to fight i suggest you make good on your deals if Ian here wins we get to stay and pay our respects to the dead like normal folk if you win we will clear off and leave you to your buisness and you get the satisfaction of beating flapmouth here as you so called it
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: Fox speaks up. "Let it go Ian."
[Lazarus] 10:51 am: "fair enough pretty boy. You want to dance big mouth?" the leader of the tough asks Ian
[] 10:51 am: Its up to you Ian
[Throol] 10:52 am: "I don't have a problem letting it go - cowards who don't fight fair aren't worth my trouble."
[Throol] 10:52 am: "We can go, no problems here."
[Phoenix Duspiva] 10:52 am: *steps towards the shuttle station*
[Lazarus] 10:53 am: "Just as I thought. Slip away while I'm still in a good mood." The group laughs as you depart
[Lazarus] 10:53 am: The group parts and you are allowed to go
[monster87] 10:54 am: * lets out a sigh of relief *
[Lazarus] 10:54 am: "This is all my damn fault. Should have stayed in my cell. No place left in the 'Verse for me now." Fox mumbles as you walk back towards the buses
[Phoenix Duspiva] 10:55 am: "its not your fault for their ignorances"
[Lazarus] 10:55 am: "Maybe true, maybe not. But that still leaves me with no where to go."
[monster87] 10:55 am: "Yeah Ted, you're not to blame for the image they've given you"
[] 10:55 am: People with no damn decency left in the gorram verse i tell you.
[Lazarus] 10:56 am: Fox nods absently, but you can see he is beginning to withdraw
[Lazarus] 10:56 am: You get back to the shuttle without trouble and lift off without trouble either. Question is where do you go?
[] 10:56 am: Well ted your welcome to stay for as long as you need to
[starjunky] 10:57 am: "where to Capn?"
[] 10:57 am: My ships always open to most people with a lick of sense and common decency
[monster87] 10:57 am: (guys I'm afk for a bit - eatin dinner with my girl)
[Lazarus] 10:58 am: "I thank you for the hospitality and I think I need to do some thinking on what I do next."
[Lazarus] 10:58 am: (ok Rein, enjoy)
[] 10:58 am: Well back to the ship i guess we better do some planning on what you wanted us to do on that job you were talkin bout
[Lazarus] 10:59 am: You point the shuttle toward the port and arrive roughly an hour later
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: kingspraise has left at 10:59 am+
[Lazarus] 10:59 am: you redock with the ship and Fox morosely heads for his cabin.
[] 10:59 am: Im gonna check in with ted as he seemed out of sorts
[Lazarus] 11:00 am: He is sitting on the bed looking very unhappy when you arrive
[] 11:01 am: Im not gonna sugarcoat this ted but you seem out of your element
[Lazarus] 11:01 am: Everyone but Gabel, roll Int + Will
[->Lazarus] 11:01 am: The rest of you if you had loved ones or otherwise you knew who are buried here i suggest you go visit them
[->Lazarus] 11:01 am: Woups
[->Lazarus] 11:01 am: Im not gonna sugarcoat this ted but you seem out of your element
[->Lazarus] 11:01 am: Take the chat with ted into here.
[Lazarus] 11:01 am: "I have been out of circulation for sevenyears son. The whole gorram 'Verse has changed."
[starjunky] 11:01 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[starjunky] 11:01 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d4 (3) = 8


[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:02 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:02 am:

-> 2d8 (6,5 = 11)


[Throol] 11:02 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 11:02 am:

-> 2d6 (1,4 = 5)


[->Lazarus] 11:02 am: Aint changed to much still the same Animosities the same grudges same people just more problems
[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:02 am: you seem to remember that property ownership is public information, a decent cortex searchshould find Fox's former home
[->Lazarus] 11:03 am: Or maybe less if you count the war ending but then i suppose that created even more problems depending on how you look at it
[Lazarus->Phoenix Duspiva] 11:03 am: you seem to remember that property ownership is public information, a decent cortex searchshould find Fox's former home
[starjunky] 11:03 am: "ya know, maybe we could search Cortex for Fox's former home?
[Lazarus->] 11:03 am: You can roll will + influence
[] 11:04 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d6)
[] 11:04 am:

-> 1d10 (7)+ 1d6 (6) = 13


[->Lazarus] 11:04 am: 13
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:04 am: "might take some time, but could be worth it"
[Lazarus->] 11:05 am: You know, maybe you're right. I guess I left prison to find the Verse I knew, but now there is a new verse. Endless opportunties I would suspect. Still need the operating capital ot get started though
[->Lazarus] 11:05 am: I suppose conversation could work as well here
[Lazarus->] 11:05 am: You've got a good head on your shoulders their son. Keep using it. We've got a job to plan
[Lazarus] 11:06 am: You can roll an assisted roll of Intelligence + Tech Eng with only the highest roll counting
[->Lazarus] 11:07 am: Dont forget Ted common decency may have died but i wont give up on it because nothing worth having is easy i guess
[->Lazarus] 11:08 am: And your more then welcome to stay here as long as you want to
[Lazarus->] 11:08 am: Problem with common decency is it has become decidedly uncommon since I've been locked up
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:08 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:08 am:

-> 1d8 (3)


[Lazarus] 11:08 am: star?
[starjunky] 11:09 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[starjunky] 11:09 am:

-> 1d6 (3)


[Lazarus] 11:09 am: Now that the others have mentioned it, you can try too Throol
[Throol] 11:09 am: A tech eng roll?
[Lazarus] 11:09 am: yes
[Throol] 11:10 am: Don't have it, and can't roll without it
[->Lazarus] 11:10 am: Well ted you cant cure ignorance with words thats why wars break out
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:10 am: oh then nvm my roll
[Lazarus] 11:10 am: you can roll int just like the others have
[Throol] 11:10 am: Alright. /roll 1d6
[Throol] 11:10 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6)
[Throol] 11:10 am:

-> 1d6 (1)


[Lazarus] 11:10 am: You need tech eng for repairs, not to access the cortex
[Throol] 11:11 am: "Oops, those are some porn sites I like I guess..."
[Lazarus->] 11:11 am: I think it's more because humans are idiots
[Lazarus] 11:11 am: LOL
[->Lazarus] 11:11 am: One mans fool is another mans tool
[Lazarus->] 11:12 am: Anyway, best get back to the crew to plan the job
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:12 am: so how does a 3 hold up
[->Lazarus] 11:12 am: Right lets get to it
[->Lazarus] 11:12 am: *moves out back to the galley*
[Lazarus] 11:12 am: As the cortex is beeping and otherwise not spitting out useful information
[Lazarus] 11:13 am: Fox and John enter the common room
[starjunky] 11:13 am: (afk a min...
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:14 am: "hey guys"
[Lazarus] 11:14 am: (You found that property ownership is public information, but then got wrapped up with the by-laws and page after page of Alliance law)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:14 am: Yay red tape
[starjunky] 11:14 am: "gorram legalese
[] 11:14 am: So what you guys up to Ted wants to fill us in on what we need to do
[Lazarus] 11:14 am: "What are you trying to find?" Fox asks
[Throol] 11:15 am: "I like my sites better. Much more fun."
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:15 am: thought we'd see if we could find foxes old house
[Lazarus] 11:15 am: Fox smirks. "I can see one thing hasn't changed about the 'Verse and the Cortex since I've been in jail."
[Lazarus] 11:16 am: Fox blinks. "Hey nice initiative even if your execution needs work."
[Lazarus] 11:16 am: "Mind if I take over the terminal?"
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:17 am: sure go ahead
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:17 am: *stands and offers chair
[Lazarus] 11:18 am: Fox quickly enters some commands and soon the Cortex is displaying a map of Beaufort and shows two flashing locations. THe space port and Fox's house which seems to be be some 6 kilometers away.
[Lazarus] 11:18 am: "The old homestead."
[Lazarus] 11:18 am: Without ground transportation, Fox's house is a good hour away on foot.
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:19 am: "any one else up for nice walk"
[] 11:21 am: So ted were abouts we need to enter ?
[Lazarus] 11:22 am: "Well, best I go with you, but we are going to have to rig up some sort of disguise for me. I can't have my mug starting a fight every time we go outside."
[monster87] 11:23 am: (im back - reading up)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:24 am: *grabs lamp shade* "here's a disguise"
[Lazarus] 11:24 am: "We'llhave to do this at night too. It is a nice neighbor and houses are set apart from each other, but strolling round in broad daylight seems like a good way to get pinched by the Feds."
[Lazarus] 11:25 am: "Hadn't pegged you as a comedian Ray. Maybe you should stick to healing?"
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:25 am: "will do"
[monster87] 11:25 am: (ok back for real :P done the reading)
[] 11:26 am: Well im sure we can find something you could use
[Lazarus] 11:26 am: ( A disguise will take Int + Covert. and I'll allow this to be an assisted roll, so bast roll of the five of you counts
[monster87] 11:26 am: I've got a good black outfit - I;m good to go sneaking
[jpatterson->Lazarus] 11:27 am: is this a text chat game in the chatroom you're running and if so, may I lurk for a few mins?
[starjunky] 11:27 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[starjunky] 11:27 am:

-> 1d6 (6)


[monster87] 11:27 am: I can help you disguise
[Lazarus->jpatterson] 11:27 am: it's text, so sure!
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: jpatterson has entered at 11:27 am+
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:27 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:27 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (1) = 3


[jpatterson] 11:27 am: ((hello, just here lurking))
[monster87] 11:27 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6)
[monster87] 11:27 am:

-> 1d12 (10)+ 1d6 (2) = 12


[jpatterson] 11:27 am: ((thanks Laz))
[] 11:28 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8)
[] 11:28 am:

-> 1d8 (3)


[Lazarus] 11:28 am: (Hey jp. Guys meet jp, he is the GM of an awesome Savage Worlds campaigns on fridays. He's going to lurk)
[starjunky] 11:28 am: ( hey JP
[] 11:28 am: Hey Jp
[] 11:28 am: :)
[jpatterson] 11:28 am: nods.
[Throol] 11:28 am: Cool. Hey.
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:28 am: (hello person)
[Lazarus] 11:29 am: Leave it to the woman to know how to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. After a some work. even Fox is impressed on how much he doesn't look like him
[monster87] 11:29 am: "ah now that's work I enjoy doing" * as she finishes with a smile *
[starjunky] 11:30 am: "Now how can we improve Ian's piehole?
[] 11:30 am: Well ill be..... you got some talent there boomer
[monster87] 11:30 am: "You're dolls for lettin me go at you like that ;) Gotta love the double meanings"
[Lazarus] 11:30 am: LOL
[Lazarus] 11:30 am: You still have some time before dark, so is there anything you guys want to do before you head out?
[monster87] 11:31 am: "Do I need to bring anything to crack a vault.. or wall for that matter? Could be explosives or just computer hacking stuff..."
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:32 am: I just love how my char seems to have all the useful skills and knows she's able to handle anything (xcept fightin :P)
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:32 am: overconfident is nice to play
[monster87] 11:32 am: "Ted? Any ideas on what we'll encounter?"
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:32 am: It can be
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:33 am: It's good for the GM too
[] 11:33 am: Who owns the farm now ted by the way
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: monster87 has left at 11:34 am+
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: monster87 has entered at 11:34 am+
[monster87] 11:34 am: (sorry flash crashed and I lost my chat - did I miss anything?)
[Lazarus] 11:34 am: "No, no explosives." Fox looks at Boomer with new understanding.
[monster87] 11:35 am: "What'ya lookin' at me like that for?"
[Lazarus] 11:35 am: "Some Alliance captain of a ship I took during the war. They figured my home was fitting compensation
[Lazarus] 11:35 am: "I think I just figured out how you got your nickname."
[monster87] 11:36 am: "Hahaha, yeah damn right. Guys used to call me that and I kinda liked the ring of it"
[] 11:38 am: A woman of many talents.
[Lazarus] 11:38 am: "I've got a way in the new management won't know about."
[Lazarus] 11:39 am: "Should be able to get in and out without so much as a ruffled feather."
[] 11:40 am: Heh *sighs* I got experience that tells otherwise lets just hope they dont think your gonna try something right after you got out of jail they might be expecting you.
[Lazarus] 11:40 am: Unless someone has something they wish to do, we can move forward to nightfall.
[] 11:40 am: But i suppose they dont know about that stash so they wont figure it til its to late otherwise
[starjunky] 11:40 am: studies up a bit on ship engineering
[Lazarus] 11:41 am: "Always possible, but you are giving your typical Alliance hun dan a lot of credit for foresight they aren't known for."
[monster87] 11:41 am: moves with star to talk about the techs
[Lazarus] 11:42 am: Okay, Alex and Boomer spend some time in the engine room..K - I - S - S - I - N....no wait. wrong adventure scratch that last part
[] 11:42 am: But ted once this job is over we need to talk
[Lazarus] 11:42 am: "Sure thing John."
[starjunky] 11:42 am: (heh
[Lazarus] 11:43 am: Night falls as it is wont to do
[Lazarus] 11:43 am: How many of you are going along to this little soiree?
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:43 am: I'll come along
[Lazarus] 11:43 am: (Hint, those of you without covert, will be at a disadvantage)
[starjunky] 11:44 am: " I ain't no good at slinking around, will standby in the cockpit
[Lazarus] 11:44 am: perhaps a good idea in case a quick getaway is needed
[monster87] 11:44 am: I don't want to miss this adventure ;) I just hope there's no shootin
[Lazarus] 11:45 am: "I don't want any shooting either. Miss Boomer, no shooting and no explosions."
[] 11:45 am: She knows the rules Ted
[monster87] 11:45 am: "I prefer it that way too Ted"
[monster87] 11:46 am: "Just sometimes the explosives come in handy and I got a knack for usin' them"
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:46 am: just make sure im not sewing a limb back on when we get back to the ship
[] 11:46 am: Now im not sure about this sneaky business i was never known for my stealthyness so im figuring i should hang back for this one
[Lazarus] 11:47 am: "Excellent point. I guess it's time to raid the pantry."
[Lazarus] 11:47 am: "Oh, it's a good captain that is smart enough not to let pride interfer with a mission."
[monster87] 11:48 am: * looks confused at the cap'n * "But who's comin then? Only Ray, me and Ted?"
[] 11:48 am: We will be on coms if something goes wrong we will come pick you up in the shuttle if we can.
[Lazarus] 11:48 am: at this point before you depart. You all gain a Plot Point for your RP thus far, so everyone has 7
[Lazarus] 11:48 am: (Throol you going?)
[->Lazarus] 11:48 am: Im gonna give the crew a pep talk before they leave
[->Lazarus] 11:48 am: (Leadership)
[] 11:49 am: But before you go just remember
[Lazarus->] 11:49 am: sure. However, since you aren't there, your leadership trait bonus can't apply
[Throol] 11:49 am: (yeah - sorry, juggling lots of multitasking)
[Lazarus] 11:49 am: (kk)
[Throol] 11:49 am: (defintely going, I have covert and am good in a fight)
[] 11:50 am: Be quick on your feet dont alert any guards no fighting and run like hell if they know your up to no good if not use yer wiles to sneak out of any tricky situations you might get into
[monster87] 11:50 am: "No problem Cap'n, we'll be back before you know it"
[] 11:50 am: Me and Alex will be on coms if something goes wrong
[Lazarus] 11:50 am: "Well said captain."
[monster87] 11:50 am: "erm, who's in charge?"
[starjunky] 11:50 am: ( afk a bit while y'all tear up the town...
[Throol] 11:50 am: (is Fox going?)
[Lazarus] 11:51 am: You head out off the ship for the long trek to Fox's house.
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:51 am: id say fox cause he knows the layout
[Lazarus] 11:51 am: (yes)
[] 11:51 am: Teds in charge til you get back.
[Throol] 11:51 am: "Probably should be Fox for now, as it's his home front"
[monster87] 11:51 am: "roger"
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:51 am: yes sir
[] 11:51 am: Follow his lead he knows what needs to be done and good luck
[Lazarus] 11:51 am: Fox moves with a purpose, but with a casualnes that does not draw attention
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:52 am: *walks in back keeping an eye out*
[] 11:52 am: *Takes out a book from under his coat*
[Lazarus] 11:52 am: Once away from the city and the rolling wooded hills of the quieter part of Beaumont become the norm, the walk is more like a pleasant hike
[] 11:53 am: (Ah crap i thought i could RP with alex while yall were out having fun but he went afk didnt notice lol)
[Lazarus] 11:53 am: After an hour. Fox kneels down as if to retie his shoe, but the emotion playing across his face is clear to see."
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:54 am: *stands next to fox, and whispers* whats up
[Lazarus] 11:54 am: "T-that- ahem...That's it over there. Hun dan has aded a couple trees, but it otherwise looks the way I left it."
[monster87] 11:54 am: "Ok so where do we go from here?"
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:55 am: "you gonna be alright man? you sound a little shaken"
[Lazarus] 11:56 am: "It's hard seeing the place I had hoped to live out my days in someone else's name."
[Throol] 11:56 am: "Yeah, why you nervous?"
[->Lazarus] 11:56 am: Im just gonna take a look around the Spaceport enjoy the nightlife
[Lazarus] 11:56 am: Everyone roll Agility + covert
[Lazarus->] 11:56 am: sure
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:56 am: "i hear ya. maybe itll be yours again someday"
[Lazarus->] 11:56 am: you can do that and stay linked to the ship
[monster87] 11:56 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[monster87] 11:56 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (4) = 6


[->Lazarus] 11:57 am: Alright nice
[Lazarus] 11:57 am: "Be a cold day before that happend."
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:57 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:57 am:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (4) = 10


[Phoenix Duspiva] 11:57 am: "ya never know"
[Throol] 11:58 am: (what is this for?)
[Lazarus] 11:58 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 11:58 am:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d4 (4) = 6


[Lazarus] 11:58 am: you don't know yet Throol
[Throol] 11:58 am: (oh was just wondering if I wanted to throw pp in)
[Throol] 11:59 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)
[Throol] 11:59 am:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d4 (3) = 4


[Lazarus] 11:59 am: You all hear a vehicle approaching and get out of sight as a patrol car passes through the area
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:00 pm: I'm lookin over my char sheet and I see I still got the complication "supersticious". I really can't come up with a good way to implement it and since I did play a few times already that I'm just oblivious to everything when I'm workin on something, I'd like to swap it with 'dull sense', that ok?
[Lazarus] 12:00 pm: You wait for a good five minutes to make sure it is gone and thenyou make your move toward the fence around the property
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:01 pm: ok, dull dense hearing or vision?
[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: Slipping up to the fence, you will need to climb to get over
[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: Agility + Athletics
[Phoenix Duspiva] 12:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 12:02 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (6) = 8


[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 12:02 pm:

-> 2d6 (4,2 = 6)


[monster87->Lazarus] 12:02 pm: well so far I've played it a bit homemade - dull sense everything, but only when focused on something else - in any case my alertness sucks so even when I'm trying to hear something I'll still not be good at it, but the dull sense (all, when focused) will illustrate my singlemindedness
[Throol] 12:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 12:02 pm:

-> 2d6 (5,6 = 11)


[monster87] 12:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[monster87] 12:02 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d6 (6) = 9


[Lazarus->jpatterson] 12:02 pm: As yuo can see, Cortex is very similar to savage worlds
[monster87] 12:03 pm: (woot we all got athletics)
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: Fox has a bit of difficult, but Ian gives him a judicious shove and everyone gets over
[jpatterson->Lazarus] 12:03 pm: yes I recall, and I also played serenity almost one session with my friend's nephew
[jpatterson->Lazarus] 12:03 pm: i mostly remember it
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:03 pm: (I could just call it singlemindedness)
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:04 pm: or overfocused ;0
[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: Once you are over, Fox guides you across the open grounds, which is going to take some stealth.
[monster87] 12:04 pm: (when it gets more difficult you'll tell us? we could use plot points in advance)
[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: Your target numberis a base of 15. Please roll agility + covert/stealth if you have it twice
[monster87] 12:05 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[monster87] 12:05 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (5) = 10


[monster87] 12:05 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[monster87] 12:05 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d6 (4) = 11


[Lazarus->monster87] 12:05 pm: hmm I like the singleminded. I think there is something in the BDH like that
[Phoenix Duspiva] 12:05 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 12:05 pm:

-> 2d8 (6,4 = 10)


[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: Like the nija, Boomer ghosts across the property
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:06 pm: I only have the core book :P but I can just home-brew it
[Phoenix Duspiva] 12:06 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 12:06 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (5) = 11


[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: ninja even
[Throol] 12:06 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 12:06 pm:

-> 2d6 (5,1 = 6)


[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: as does Ray
[Throol] 12:06 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 12:06 pm:

-> 2d6 (3,6 = 9)


[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: Thool, less so, but has no problems
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4;d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d4 (3) = 8

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d4 (2) = 7


[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: even the old guy makes it silently
[monster87] 12:06 pm: lol 2 close saves
[monster87] 12:07 pm: * whispering * "Ian and Ted, you should keep a bit more to the darkest shade, or you might be seen"
[Lazarus] 12:08 pm: "Okay Boomer, since you are the resident technical genius. There is an alarm on the escape tunnel you are going tohave to bypass
[monster87] 12:08 pm: ok
[Lazarus] 12:08 pm: Int + Tech Eng
[monster87] 12:08 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d12)
[monster87] 12:08 pm:

-> 1d12 (3)+ 1d12 (5) = 8


[monster87] 12:08 pm: how many times?
[Lazarus] 12:09 pm: The system turns out to be surprisingly sophisticated, but you manage to disable it
[monster87] 12:09 pm: (I have electronic lock picks with me)
[Lazarus] 12:09 pm: "Just have to get the lock picked and we are golden."
[Lazarus] 12:10 pm: Agility + Covert/lock pick if you have it
[monster87] 12:10 pm: can't use int/tech eng right :P?
[monster87] 12:11 pm: does the lock pick make it easier?
[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: No, this is a mechanical lock (may want to use plot points, up to you)
[monster87] 12:11 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6+1d42)
[monster87] 12:11 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d6 (4)+ 1d42 (39) = 46


[monster87] 12:11 pm: oops
[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: hmm
[monster87] 12:11 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6+1d4)
[monster87] 12:11 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (3)+ 1d4 (3) = 11


[monster87] 12:11 pm: (with 2 plot points)
[Lazarus] 12:12 pm: ok, you all hear the 'click' as the door unlocks, you go to open the door and it seems to be stuck.
[Lazarus] 12:13 pm: (As plot points are supposed to fall like rain, everyone gets 3 plot points for over coming a challenge)
[] 12:13 pm: (Except me and alex i guess)
[Lazarus] 12:13 pm: (Right, sorry guys)
[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: The tunnel is narrow, so only one person can try a Burst of Strength roll - Str + str
[monster87] 12:14 pm: steps back
[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: Anyone stronger than d6?
[Throol] 12:15 pm: yup
[monster87] 12:15 pm: "Ian, would you mind? It's stuck"
[Throol] 12:15 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Throol] 12:15 pm:

-> 2d8 (3,5 = 8)


[Lazarus] 12:15 pm: The door seems to be really stuck
[Lazarus] 12:15 pm: you can try again
[monster87] 12:16 pm: "Comeon Ian, that's nothin for a guy like you"
[Lazarus->] 12:16 pm: you and alex can have an extra plot point for staying behind. That was smart if you don't hae covert
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:17 pm: (perhaps a bit late, but I always have some smokers and flash-nades with)
[->Lazarus] 12:17 pm: Well i dont
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:17 pm: a bit, but I'll allow one of each
[Lazarus->] 12:17 pm: still you passed on the chance to be on an important part of the adventure
[Lazarus] 12:18 pm: (Throol?)
[Throol] 12:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Throol] 12:18 pm:

-> 2d8 (4,5 = 9)


[monster87->Lazarus] 12:18 pm: Ill put a list on my char sheet with some things that I bring on any mission
[Lazarus] 12:18 pm: still not budging
[Throol] 12:18 pm: (will throw pp in if that doesn't work)
[->Lazarus] 12:19 pm: Well i would have gone but i knew i would just botch the rolls and having no covert what so ever would just ruin the whole thing
[Throol] 12:19 pm: Ok 3 plot pts
[Throol] 12:19 pm: make that 4
[Lazarus] 12:19 pm: that would be 3d8 then
[Throol] 12:19 pm: that's a d8 right?
[Throol] 12:19 pm: starts rolling some dice: (3d8)
[Throol] 12:19 pm:

-> 3d8 (3,4,7 = 14)


[->Lazarus] 12:19 pm: + John was never really trained in Stealth per say he was a cloak and dagger guy but it was more for information gathering and retrieving heh
[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: Ian steps back, spits on his hands and gives the door a mighty yank and the door finally gives
[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: The tunnel is dank and the air is musty after lying undiscovered for so long, but it is otherwise as good as the day it was built. Halfway through the hundred meter long tunnel, Fox stops long enough to open a small chest hidden in a niche to one side.
[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: He slips on his old Browncoat duster and arms himself by retrieving a gun belt with a well-oiled LeMat pistol in the holster. Looking as dashing as he ever did, he silently gestures for the Crew to look inside and cryptically says. “Your down payment.”
[Phoenix Duspiva] 12:21 pm: *looks inside*
[Lazarus] 12:21 pm: reaching into the chest finds a small bundle, pulling it out discovers that it holds one hundred credits in paper and two hundred in platinum coins.
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:22 pm: k
[Lazarus->] 12:22 pm: he can learn from boomer it seems
[Phoenix Duspiva] 12:22 pm: what do ya say, hundred a peice
[Lazarus] 12:22 pm: Fox continues down the tunnel until reaching the end and turns to whisper. “This is where it gets a might complicated. This door opens into the basement, but the release catch only works from the inside. I am open to suggestions as to how to proceed.”
[->Lazarus] 12:22 pm: To be honest i think i gotta start using the crews strengths and weaknesses to our advantages on adventures let people who arent adept at the stuff hang behind
[->Lazarus] 12:23 pm: Do other stuff insteed ect.
[Lazarus->] 12:23 pm: makes sense
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:24 pm: it is mechanical, so you figure you can give it a try. It is complicated and will take several rolls
[Throol] 12:24 pm: "Well, let's see if it's locked first. If it is, there must be someone in there.
[jpatterson->Lazarus] 12:24 pm: ok man I'm falling asleep, got up really early, so I'm turning in for a nap. Some good solid deep roleplay there, that's terrific.
[jpatterson->Lazarus] 12:24 pm: thanks for letting me lurk.
[Lazarus] 12:25 pm: "They'd have to know about it to lock it. I just neer thought to plan for using this tunnel as a way in."
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:25 pm: int + mech eng. Target is 55 as this is a complicated task
[Lazarus->jpatterson] 12:25 pm: sure thing
[monster87] 12:25 pm: "ok let me try"
[monster87] 12:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 12:26 pm:

-> 1d12 (11)+ 1d10 (7) = 18


[Phoenix Duspiva] 12:26 pm: *sigh* guess some explosives might have been a good idea
[monster87] 12:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 12:26 pm:

-> 1d12 (9)+ 1d10 (4) = 13


[Lazarus->jpatterson] 12:26 pm: guys are great about the RP
[monster87] 12:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 12:26 pm:

-> 1d12 (11)+ 1d10 (3) = 14


[jpatterson->Lazarus] 12:26 pm: I see that
[monster87] 12:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 12:26 pm:

-> 1d12 (10)+ 1d10 (6) = 16


[jpatterson->Lazarus] 12:26 pm: ok I'm out for now, have fun
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:26 pm: (piece of cake :P)
[Lazarus->jpatterson] 12:26 pm: ok, later
[jpatterson] 12:26 pm: nods thanks and bows out
[Throol] 12:26 pm: "how do you lock it?"
[] 12:26 pm: (Later jp)
[Lazarus] 12:26 pm: Boomer figures 'ain't no machine she can't suss' and sits down to tinker
[Lazarus] 12:27 pm: Later jp
[Phoenix Duspiva] 12:27 pm: laters jp
[starjunky] 12:27 pm: (cya jp
[Lazarus] 12:27 pm: However, even with her skills, it takes 20 minutes to figure out how to disengage the locking mechanism
[Lazarus] 12:27 pm: "Girl, you are a marvel."
[monster87] 12:28 pm: "Hah thanks"
[monster87] 12:28 pm: "There you go" * as she opens the door *
[Lazarus] 12:28 pm: Once the door is open, Fox smiles grimly and says. “Safe is on the second floor. Bear with me a few more minutes my friends and we can be on our way with none the wiser.”
[Lazarus] 12:29 pm: "Even though you all seem to be the stealthy type, I really doubt if it is a good idea for all of us to try and get upstairs. I canhandle things from here."
[] 12:29 pm: *steps back into the ship* Ahh was a nice walk. (Ignore my parts im somewere else)
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:29 pm: yep
[monster87] 12:30 pm: "You're not the best of us at stealth, you sure about this?"
[Lazarus] 12:30 pm: "I have to go." I know where the safe is and the comination."
[Phoenix Duspiva] 12:30 pm: "watch your self"
[monster87] 12:31 pm: "I think it's better if I go with, I could open anotehr lock if you encounter one - you never know what's changed"
[monster87] 12:31 pm: "Besides, we've gotta earn our cash, not let you do all of the work ;)"
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: jpatterson has left at 12:31 pm+
[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: "I'd normally say no, but you seem to have a good head on your shoulders, so okay Boomer. I lead though. I am a traditionalist."
[monster87] 12:32 pm: "Sure thing" * follows *
[] 12:32 pm: *Grabs his book from under his coat starts flipping pages the book looks old* So you think they made it Alex ?
[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: Creeping through the darkened ranch house poses a challenge even for Fox as everyone is seeing the remodeling the new owner has done to the interior for the first time.
[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: Regardless of the changes, the stairway upstairs is still in the same location as is the master bedroom.
[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: ok, this is a complex action of agility + covert/stealth target number is 35.
[starjunky] 12:34 pm: "yeah, I bet they're fine.
[monster87] 12:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[monster87] 12:34 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (3) = 8


[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4;d6+d4;d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 12:34 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d4 (1) = 7

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d4 (3) = 8

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d4 (2) = 3


[monster87] 12:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[monster87] 12:34 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d6 (1) = 8


[starjunky] 12:34 pm: "would like a check in radio call tho
[monster87] 12:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[monster87] 12:34 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (2) = 4


[monster87] 12:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[monster87] 12:34 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d6 (1) = 4


[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4;d6+d4;d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 12:34 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d4 (3) = 6

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d4 (2) = 5

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d4 (1) = 3


[monster87] 12:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[monster87] 12:34 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d6 (2) = 5


[monster87] 12:35 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[monster87] 12:35 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (5) = 10


[] 12:35 pm: No
[] 12:35 pm: We wait for them
[monster87] 12:35 pm: needed 6, think like him
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm:

-> 1d6 (4)+ 1d4 (4) = 8


[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: Okay, you both make it
[] 12:35 pm: If their in trouble they will call
[] 12:36 pm: We just gotta be ready if it happens
[monster87] 12:36 pm: (do the others have micro transmitters or ship com devices? I got both)
[] 12:36 pm: *Sits down starts silently reading his book in the corner*
[Lazarus] 12:36 pm: "Just through this door." Fox whispers. One final Agility + Covert
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: Johnny3D has left at 12:36 pm+
[Lazarus] 12:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 12:36 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d4 (2) = 5


[monster87] 12:36 pm: with one plot point
[monster87] 12:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6+1d2)
[monster87] 12:36 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (5)+ 1d2 (2) = 15


[monster87] 12:37 pm: lol more than I would normally max
[Lazarus] 12:37 pm: Slipping into the room, you see there is someone in the bed and they start to stir
[monster87] 12:37 pm: * holds her breath *
[monster87] 12:38 pm: (usually people who stir in their sleep don't directly wake :P)
[Lazarus] 12:38 pm: a second passes
[Lazarus] 12:38 pm: two
[Lazarus] 12:38 pm: three
[monster87] 12:39 pm: * sighs softly *
[Lazarus] 12:39 pm: and you both begin to breath again as the figure seems to go back to sleep
[Lazarus] 12:40 pm: Fox moves to the corner of the room and hisses softly when he sees that a large armoire has been placed on top of the safe's location.
[monster87] 12:41 pm: O.o ..
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: "We willhave to tie and gag whoever that is. No way we can move this quiet enough not to wake them."
[monster87] 12:42 pm: "If you say so" * looks doubtful at the need for this *
[monster87] 12:42 pm: "You do it then"
[Lazarus] 12:42 pm: "Not the best plan in the Verse, but it's wht we have to do. okay"
[monster87] 12:43 pm: "Got some multi-band in the backpack, guess it'll do"
[Lazarus] 12:44 pm: Moving to the bed, he draws a pistol from under his duster and in a surprisingly fast move for someone of his age, places his hand over the person's mouth and the gun to what turns out to be a woman's head.
[monster87] 12:44 pm: * I move up to tape her mouth and hands *
[Lazarus] 12:45 pm: "Okay...Miss...here's the deal. There's burglary afoot, but what we are taking isn't yours. you listen to what this lady tells you and the worst thing that will happen to you is you will have a thrilling tale for your knitting cirlce friends."
[Lazarus] 12:45 pm: The woman nods in terror and allows boomer to tie her up
[Lazarus] 12:46 pm: "Okay, not what I wanted, but we've got to move this ugly piece of gos se out of the way."
[monster87] 12:46 pm: ok I gag her and tape mouth and hands
[Lazarus] 12:46 pm: "I'm going to need your help again Boomer."
[monster87] 12:46 pm: maybe tie her to the bed so she can't look what we're doing
[monster87] 12:46 pm: (skip the maybe, that's what I do)
[monster87] 12:46 pm: "kk comin'"
[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: This is a burst of strength - str + str, but we ccan add the results
[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 12:47 pm:

-> 2d6 (2,1 = 3)


[monster87] 12:47 pm: After I am done I move over to help, my small posture obvious next to his
[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: eep
[monster87] 12:47 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d4)
[monster87] 12:47 pm:

-> 2d4 (2,4 = 6)


[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: try again
[monster87] 12:47 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d4)
[monster87] 12:47 pm:

-> 2d4 (2,2 = 4)


[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 12:47 pm:

-> 2d6 (6,2 = 8)


[Phoenix Duspiva] 12:47 pm: *hearing a noise from the house i equip my rifle*
[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: the armoire moves slowly and finally Fox can get behind it
[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: Fox pulls out a money belt and opens it. He stops long enough to hand Boomer 1,000 credits
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: "Now we can go."
[monster87] 12:49 pm: "ok, after you"
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: On exiting the room, Fox walks directly into a plump, 50ish, bald man and it is difficult to figure out who is more surprised, the man or Fox. The man sputters for a few seconds in rage at the intrusion before his eyes fly open in recognition.
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: “YOU!” He gasps.
[Lazarus] 12:50 pm: Fox smiles and replies: “Evening Magistrate Evans. Not quite as in control of the situation as you were the first time we met are you?”
[Lazarus] 12:50 pm: “How dare you break into my house!” Evans replies his face growing redder by the second.
[Lazarus] 12:50 pm: “Technically, it’s you that broke into my house, but let’s not split hairs your honor.” Fox responds calmly.
[Lazarus] 12:51 pm: “Phillips, seize him!” Evans snarls. “I’ll see you hanged, I’ll…”
[monster87] 12:51 pm: "Fox, this isn't the time", * moves towards the end of the hallway *
[Lazarus] 12:51 pm: The Magistrate’s tirade is cut short by a bone jarring right cross that causes Evans head to snap back and his eyes to roll up into his head as he slumps to the floor.

“My but that felt good.” Fox manages to quip before Phillips, the bodyguard, roars in attempting a vicious tackle and Pandemonium breaks out.
[Lazarus] 12:51 pm: Down below, Ian and Ray can hear shouting and then sounds of close contact
[monster87] 12:52 pm: initiative?
[Lazarus] 12:52 pm: yes
[monster87] 12:52 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[monster87] 12:52 pm:

-> 2d8 (2,6 = 8)


[Throol] 12:52 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 12:52 pm:

-> 2d6 (3,4 = 7)


[Lazarus] 12:52 pm: Lights begin to snap on and you can hear confused grunts as people stagger awake
[Lazarus] 12:53 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)
[Lazarus] 12:53 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d8 (8) = 11


[Lazarus] 12:53 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)
[Lazarus] 12:53 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d8 (1) = 4


[Phoenix Duspiva->Lazarus] 12:54 pm: it says my initiative is 14
[Phoenix Duspiva->Lazarus] 12:54 pm: or do i need to roll
[Lazarus->Phoenix Duspiva] 12:54 pm: . should be d6+d8
[Phoenix Duspiva] 12:54 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d8)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 12:54 pm:

-> 1d6 (4)+ 1d8 (2) = 6


[Phoenix Duspiva->Lazarus] 12:54 pm: kk
[Lazarus] 12:54 pm: Boomer, you see a door open and a frumpy looking woman peeks out and sees you. Clearly out of her element, you can see her frown in outrage and lumber in your direction
[Lazarus] 12:55 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6+d8)
[Lazarus] 12:55 pm:

-> 2d6 (5,4 = 9) + 1d8 (4) = 13


[Phoenix Duspiva] 12:55 pm: *calls to the captain* we have a problem, ready for an evac
[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 12:56 pm:

-> 2d6 (5,5 = 10)


[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: Fox lands a punch on this Phillips person who fails his tackle and takes up a boxer's stance
[Lazarus] 12:57 pm: Delayed by the call to the ship, Ray reaches the bottom of the stairs and sees two men standing open mouthed in shock in the hallway
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:57 pm: what is your action?
[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: (Throol, now is your time to shine)
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:58 pm: Hmm I'm not sure if a flash or smoker has more use in this situation, but I'm putting a nade and pulling Fox out of there
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:58 pm: Ian Gao, you're needed
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:59 pm: you are too close for the flash
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:59 pm: So what do I see? Ray running down the stairs?
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:59 pm: You have an older woman closing on you
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:59 pm: roll init first
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:59 pm: ok well then I pull Fox with me, grab the smoker, run out and drop the smoker on the way, covering our escape
[Throol] 1:00 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 1:00 pm:

-> 2d6 (6,1 = 7)


[monster87->Lazarus] 1:00 pm: you can decide what kind of actions that are :p
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:00 pm: okay then, she swings at you
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:00 pm: Can I dodget hat?
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:00 pm: *dodget that
[Lazarus] 1:00 pm: Ian reaches the bottom of the stairs just ahead of Ray and sees the two men standing in the hallway
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:00 pm: yep
[Lazarus] 1:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 1:01 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)


[monster87->Lazarus] 1:01 pm: what roll is that?
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:01 pm: agility + athletics
[monster87] 1:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[monster87] 1:01 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d6 (5) = 8


[monster87->Lazarus] 1:01 pm: 8
[] 1:02 pm: *jumps up from his chair putting his book away* Alex lets go sounds like things went ugly.
[Lazarus] 1:02 pm: Boomer manages ot avoid the lumbering woman, who is attacking without much skill, seems more like outrage than anything
[starjunky] 1:02 pm: "sure Boss - what happened?
[Lazarus] 1:03 pm: Fox takes another swing
[] 1:03 pm: (Im guessing Ray called me on the ship already thats what im going from here)
[Lazarus] 1:03 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+2d6)
[Lazarus] 1:03 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 2d6 (1,5 = 6) = 9


[Lazarus] 1:03 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 1:03 pm:

-> 2d8 (3,3 = 6)


[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:03 pm: (yep)
[Lazarus] 1:03 pm: Landing another solid punch
[monster87] 1:04 pm: "Comeon Fox, fightin it out here is not useful
[] 1:04 pm: Ray called he needs an evac didnt mention anything else he said they had a problem we better move out and save their sorry butts before they get arrested
[Lazarus] 1:04 pm: "I'd be glad to go, tell HIM!"
[starjunky] 1:04 pm: "alrighty, lets go! *heads to cockpit for takeoff*
[Lazarus->] 1:05 pm: You do realize flying over a residentail area is going to get noticed
[Lazarus] 1:05 pm: The woman sruges forward for another swing at Boomer
[->Lazarus] 1:05 pm: Ah
[Lazarus] 1:05 pm: what do Ian and Ray do?
[->Lazarus] 1:05 pm: Well then we might take more caution
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:06 pm: *swings the butt of my rifle into the closest mans gut*
[] 1:06 pm: Wait a sec Alex
[starjunky] 1:06 pm: "ok, standing by
[Throol] 1:06 pm: How tight are the quarters?
[] 1:06 pm: We should make sure they need immediate evac if we fly over the residential area we are bound to be noticed. try get one of the crew on the line again
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: pruttm has left at 1:06 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:07 pm: Tht is melee weapons Pheonix so d8+d4
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:07 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:07 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d4 (4) = 7


[Lazarus] 1:07 pm: A standard hallway with six people standing in it
[Lazarus] 1:07 pm: roll a d6 pheonix
[Throol] 1:07 pm: (is this guy an Alliance officer or fed?)
[] 1:07 pm: Try get the crew on coms alex.
[Lazarus] 1:08 pm: You heard shouting, but you don't know what was said
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:08 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:08 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)


[starjunky] 1:08 pm: "Roger Capn * attempt to raise Boomer on comms*
[Lazarus] 1:08 pm: you see fox and boomer each fighting one person in night clothes, and two men standing in night clothes
[Lazarus] 1:09 pm: The man is completely surprised by your attack and folds over the rifle butt, stagered by the blow Ray
[Throol] 1:09 pm: Ian draws a pistol. "Now now, let's end this scuffle. Unless you'd like me to end it, permanently." Intimidate
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:10 pm: the woman is coming at you and your comm is beeping
[Throol] 1:10 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d12)
[Throol] 1:10 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d12 (4) = 6


[monster87->Lazarus] 1:10 pm: i ignore the comm and dodge again.. where's my running and throwing smoke action :P?
[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: There is only one person that can hear/see you Ian
[Throol] 1:10 pm: well that's useless then
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:11 pm: well anyway otherwise I'll skip the smoke and dodge between the people to get out of there, answering the com when I'm behind Ian and Ray
[Throol] 1:11 pm: Instead of doing that then, i'll just wade in with fists
[Lazarus] 1:11 pm: ok
[Throol] 1:11 pm: What should I roll?
[Lazarus] 1:11 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 1:11 pm:

-> 2d6 (4,1 = 5)


[monster87] 1:12 pm: unarmed+strength :P?
[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: Agility + Unarmed/Brawling
[Throol] 1:12 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d8)
[Throol] 1:12 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d8 (4) = 9


[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 1:12 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)


[monster87] 1:13 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6dd)
[monster87] 1:13 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d6 (3) = 10


[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: The man folds up like a circus tent and crumples to the floor
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)


[monster87->Lazarus] 1:13 pm: 10 on dodging
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:13 pm: You easily dodge her attack, but you do not get past her
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: next round
[Lazarus] 1:14 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6+d2)
[Lazarus] 1:14 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (2)+ 1d2 (2) = 9


[Lazarus] 1:14 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 1:14 pm:

-> 2d8 (7,4 = 11)


[Lazarus] 1:14 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Lazarus] 1:14 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (1) = 9


[monster87->Lazarus] 1:14 pm: Can I put a flash in her hands and use the surprise to get past her, shouting "incoming flash!!" ? :P
[Lazarus] 1:14 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 1:14 pm:

-> 2d6 (6,6 = 12)


[Lazarus] 1:14 pm: Fox and Phillips excahnge punches and fail to hit
[Lazarus] 1:14 pm: boomer is next
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:15 pm: that would be intelligence + Influence, but are you sure you want to give someone that is not a fighter a weapon?
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:15 pm: I'm counting on her being too surprised to act. Guess sweet and cheerful doesn't cut this, right :P?
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:16 pm: she might be stupid enough to use it and grenades do not discriminate
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:16 pm: no, being sweet isn't going to help
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:16 pm: I risk whatever it does, but probably it'll hurt them more, we know what to do on a flash
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:16 pm: ill roll int+influence
[monster87] 1:16 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6)
[monster87] 1:16 pm:

-> 1d12 (9)+ 1d6 (2) = 11


[Lazarus] 1:16 pm: Ray go ahead and roll again. and Ian what do you do?
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:16 pm: and then I run and yell, rolling athletics(running)
[monster87] 1:17 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[monster87] 1:17 pm:

-> 2d8 (7,8 = 15)


[monster87] 1:17 pm: "Incoming Flash!"
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:17 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:17 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d4 (1) = 8


[Lazarus] 1:17 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 1:17 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)


[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: The second man also crumples to the floor
[Throol] 1:18 pm: fight
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8)
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)


[Throol] 1:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d8)
[Throol] 1:18 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d8 (1) = 7


[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: The woman stands there holding the flash grenade stupidly as boomer slips past
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: all I can say you ALL better hold this woman fails her next roll or things will get FUGLY
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:19 pm: you'd all take equal damage
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:19 pm: well I'm running out of there ;0 so at least we're further
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: who ae you fightin Ian? the two men are down
[Throol] 1:19 pm: oh
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:20 pm: help with phillip
[Throol] 1:20 pm: so waht's left?
[monster87] 1:20 pm: (boomer is running past yelling "Flash incoming, run!)
[Lazarus] 1:20 pm: just a woman standing there holding a flash grenade and the one guy fighting fox
[Throol] 1:21 pm: Turn away from the flash, what do I see then?
[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: you see Boomer's ass in front of you
[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: okay next round
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm:

-> 2d8 (8,6 = 14)


[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: Jame Rowe has left at 1:23 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (5) = 11


[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm:

-> 2d6 (1,2 = 3)


[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: SInce Boomer and Ian are running...what do you do ray?
[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d2)
[Lazarus] 1:24 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d2 (2) = 5


[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:24 pm: come behind phillip and swing melee at him
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8)
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)


[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:25 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:25 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d4 (1) = 2


[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: roll it
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: uh oh
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: that is what you call a botch
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:26 pm: um so wasted turn
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:26 pm: or do i reroll
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: As you run up the stairs, you trip over one of the unconscious men and stumble into the woman
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)


[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:26 pm: great
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: fortunately for everyone, the flash grenade goes flying out of her hand
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: and ray needs to roll agility + athletics
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:27 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:27 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d6 (2) = 3


[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: you just barely manae not to fall
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: and that is the end of that round
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm:

-> 2d8 (6,8 = 14)


[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d6 (3) = 4


[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d2)
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d2 (1) = 4


[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: Fox manages to land a final punch on phillips who fold up as well
[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: Whent he woman realizes she's alone, she screams and runs back into her room and you hear the door lock
[monster87] 1:29 pm: (lol with flash)
[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: As all the defenders are down, you easily reach the tunnel
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:29 pm: ok can we go now
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: "Best news I've heard all night."
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: You race off of the property, but nothing can change the six click hike back to the ship
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:31 pm: well i tried to arrange evac
[monster87] 1:31 pm: * I communicate with alex on the way *
[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: by the time you get to the spaceport. Marshals have set up a cordon
[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: On the ship, traffic control is going nuts
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: WOrd is some magistrate is trying to issue a port wide land lock
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: geting past the marshall is going to take some smooth talking
[starjunky] 1:34 pm: "we gots ruttin problems with traffic control - need some quick thinkin up on the bridge!
[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: who wants to roll the INT + Influence?
[starjunky] 1:34 pm: (still just me and Cap'n aboard Pheonix?
[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: yes
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:34 pm: anyone influence better than d4
[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: the rollis for the raiders
[starjunky] 1:35 pm: ( no influence
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: I know throols is not
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:35 pm: boomer?
[monster87] 1:35 pm: ill roll
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: She seems to be the best with her asets as well
[monster87] 1:35 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6)
[monster87] 1:35 pm:

-> 1d12 (9)+ 1d6 (4) = 13


[Throol] 1:36 pm: i only have a d2
[monster87] 1:36 pm: if its sweet and cheerful its more
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12)
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d12 (6) = 8


[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm:

-> 2d6 (3,5 = 8)


[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm:

-> 2d6 (4,6 = 10)


[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12)
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d12 (7) = 13


[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: The marshal scowls as marshals are known to do and looks REAL hard at Fox, but after a couple heart stopping moments, allows you through
[monster87] 1:38 pm: (a bit off) "guess the disguise worked"
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: yes, but it was close
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: first set of rolls tied
[monster87] 1:38 pm: "Ah no problem, we like to live on the edge :)"
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: as you rush through the space port and on the ship. you get the word that a landlock is about to be issued
[monster87] 1:39 pm: "You comin'with Ted, or you stayin?"
[monster87] 1:39 pm: "Guess we're rolling now"
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: you can see several ships atempting to depart before the command goes out that will lock down the ship
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: "Oh you bet I'm going with. Looks like Magistrate Evans is fit to be tied. which is too bad we didn't actually do."
[] 1:39 pm: Alex power her up we dont want to be stuck here
[starjunky] 1:40 pm: "preflight check underway
[] 1:40 pm: Try and contact the crew again
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: Boomer, roll your int + straight Mech eng to get the engines started before the landlock goes out.
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: I will be rolling in opposition
[monster87] 1:40 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 1:40 pm:

-> 1d12 (2)+ 1d10 (10) = 12


[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: your target it 35
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm:

-> 2d8 (4,6 = 10)


[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: roll again
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm:

-> 2d8 (3,7 = 10)


[] 1:42 pm: Add a 2+ to that skillcheck i will assist her with leadership
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: and keep rolling until you hit 35 or roll a botch
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: save that Gabel
[monster87] 1:42 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d4+1d10)
[monster87] 1:42 pm:

-> 1d12 (7)+ 1d4 (4)+ 1d10 (8) = 19


[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm:

-> 2d8 (8,5 = 13)


[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: WHOA
[] 1:42 pm: Kay fine i wont assist her with leadership
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: roll int + d6
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: you are not repairing anything
[monster87] 1:42 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+d6)
[monster87] 1:42 pm:

-> 1d12 (7)+ 1d6 (5) = 12


[Lazarus] 1:43 pm: now keep going
[monster87] 1:43 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6+1d4)
[monster87] 1:43 pm:

-> 1d12 (12)+ 1d6 (5)+ 1d4 (1) = 18


[monster87] 1:43 pm: (the last is with leadership
[monster87] 1:43 pm: should all be with leadership?
[Lazarus] 1:43 pm: no leadership[ please just d12 + d6
[monster87] 1:43 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6)
[monster87] 1:43 pm:

-> 1d12 (11)+ 1d6 (6) = 17


[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: one more should do it
[monster87] 1:44 pm: lol with those high rolls I should be good (17+17+12)
[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: only two rolls were just d12 + d6, so I have you at 29
[monster87] 1:45 pm: (you can just skip the 1d4 on the second one?
[monster87] 1:45 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6)
[monster87] 1:45 pm:

-> 1d12 (1)+ 1d6 (6) = 7


[monster87] 1:45 pm: or take the 7 which also makes 35
[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: good enough
[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: 'The Fire Angel begins to lift and the comm goes even crazier
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: "Freighter you are lifting without authorization during a port lock down. Return to the port IMMEDIATELY!"
[starjunky] 1:46 pm: "way to go Boomer!
[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: "ASREV 742, we hava an unauthorized departure. Intercept at grid 12 341 mark 9
[starjunky] 1:48 pm: "Blockade run, Cap'n?
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: (An ASREV is the ship seen in the episode The Massage)
[] 1:48 pm: Just a sec
[->Lazarus] 1:48 pm: Do i think we can outrun that ship
[Lazarus] 1:49 pm: "Blockade run? Now you are in MY wheelhouse." Fox laughs. "I might be able to help you captain."
[Lazarus->] 1:49 pm: it will be close, especially since they are above you and moving a full speed why you are still accellerating
[] 1:49 pm: Ted if you get us out of this im personally cooking the food tonight
[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: "It will be a little costly on your fuel supply."
[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: "Going to need Alex and Boomer to make this work."
[starjunky] 1:51 pm: "All ears... whats the plan?
[Lazarus] 1:51 pm: "First you are going to have slip past that hun dan. Not an easy thing to do in a Pride son, you up for it?"
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:51 pm: do I get extra plot points for my extra action with Ted (I also spent a lot of plot points :P)
[monster87] 1:52 pm: ok I can assist on the piloting
[monster87] 1:52 pm: or engineering
[Lazarus] 1:52 pm: "Then Boomer, you are going to have to flush a quarter of your fuel"
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:52 pm: Ihave you at 8
[starjunky] 1:52 pm: "piece of cake ( I hope )
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:53 pm: I have me at 7
[Lazarus->starjunky] 1:53 pm: I strongly recommend plot points as the other ship is WAY more manueverable than yours
[Lazarus->starjunky] 1:53 pm: even with your born behind the wheel
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:53 pm: Oh right, I do remember you using one, ok 7
[Lazarus->starjunky] 1:54 pm: roll d8 + d12 + d2 and any plot points you want touse
[->Lazarus] 1:54 pm: Leadership
[monster87] 1:54 pm: "yeah piece of cake, don't sweat it old man, Fire Angel'll do this easy"
[->Lazarus] 1:54 pm: For this task of getting away
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:54 pm: you be rolling int + mech eng, but it is not a high target number only 7
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:54 pm: ok
[starjunky] 1:55 pm: 3 pp
[starjunky] 1:55 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12+d2+d6)
[starjunky] 1:55 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d12 (3)+ 1d2 (1)+ 1d6 (5) = 10


[] 1:55 pm: Right people we need to get out of here now i dont like this one bit but if they catch us its over you hear me Alex you better show me the best you can do this is our lives on the line more then you think Boomer head down to engineering quickly Follow Teds instructions to the letter he knows his trade well listen to him
[starjunky] 1:55 pm: (last d6 was 3 pp
[Lazarus] 1:55 pm: "Oh and captain, I suggest everyone hang on to something." Fox says with his eyes sparkling in delight.
[Lazarus] 1:55 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d8)
[Lazarus] 1:55 pm:

-> 1d10 (10)+ 1d8 (3) = 13


[] 1:55 pm: The rest of you buckle up
[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: The ASREV closes to medium range
[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: Freighter. Return to p[ort immediately. This is your last warning
[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: "Alex son, if you are going to make a miracle happen, now would be the time
[starjunky] 1:57 pm: spend last 4 pps
[Lazarus->starjunky] 1:57 pm: You do have four points left. you werre AFK when I handed it out
[Phoenix Duspiva] 1:57 pm: *Straps in and waits to see if we make it*
[Lazarus] 1:57 pm: roll it alex
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: pruttm has left at 1:57 pm+
[] 1:57 pm: Im also using leadership
[starjunky] 1:58 pm: ( so d8?
[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: ok, then you will roll 2d8+ d12+d6
[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: wow
[starjunky] 1:58 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8+d12+d6)
[starjunky] 1:58 pm:

-> 2d8 (1,6 = 7) + 1d12 (4)+ 1d6 (6) = 17


[] 1:58 pm: (basically using it for the task of getting away)
[monster87] 1:58 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 1:58 pm:

-> 1d12 (6)+ 1d10 (10) = 16


[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: boomer will roll d12+d10
[monster87] 1:58 pm: heh almost same result with normal roll :P
[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d8)
[Lazarus] 1:59 pm:

-> 1d10 (10)+ 1d8 (7) = 17


[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: You wrench the Fire Angel about on the vector Fox tells you to take, the ship screams under the load, but only JUST manages to keep the ASREV at medium range
[Lazarus] 2:00 pm: the pumps scream too as they push out the fuel
[Lazarus] 2:00 pm: And as you know liquid hydrogen in an atmo is highly flammable
[Lazarus] 2:01 pm: The exhaust of the Fire Angel ignites the fuel and you can feel the vibration through the hull as the fuel explodes
[starjunky] 2:01 pm: "come on Fire, we can do this !
[Lazarus] 2:02 pm: The shock wave catches the ASREV as it strains to hold the turn with the unbelievably tight turn the Pride somehow manages to make
[Lazarus] 2:02 pm: the ASREV spirals out of control
[Lazarus] 2:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d8)
[Lazarus] 2:02 pm:

-> 1d10 (1)+ 1d8 (6) = 7


[Lazarus] 2:02 pm: and only JUST pulls up in time, but with your speed, there is no hope they can catch you
[Lazarus] 2:03 pm: "Fox whoops in laughter. "Land of Goshen I haven't had that much fun in seven years!
[monster87] 2:03 pm: "Heh nice one"
[Lazarus] 2:04 pm: "You did it Alex, damn fine piece of flying."
[Phoenix Duspiva] 2:04 pm: *sighs in relief*
[starjunky] 2:04 pm: "thx, but way to gorram clsoe for comfert
[Lazarus] 2:04 pm: "No captain. If you would bear with me for just a couple hours, I'd like you to fly to a set of coordinates in the Black."
[Lazarus] 2:05 pm: "Any blockade run you get away from is close enough son. Never forget that one."
[Lazarus] 2:05 pm: "I should know." He smiles broadly
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: Throol has left at 2:05 pm+
[] 2:06 pm: Punch in the coordinates alex lets get Ted to where he needs to go
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: Throol has entered at 2:06 pm+
[] 2:06 pm: This was to gorram close for comfort
[monster87] 2:06 pm: (we stoppin soon?)
[Lazarus] 2:06 pm: You fly for three hours before you are hailed
[Lazarus] 2:06 pm: Just a few more minutes
[monster87] 2:06 pm: kk
[Throol] 2:06 pm: Good - I have another game already started
[] 2:06 pm: Wow thats cutting it close throol
[Lazarus] 2:07 pm: "Ah there they are. Right on time." Fox says cryptically. "Some old friens of mine are going to take me back where I belong."
[monster87] 2:07 pm: (in the meanwhile I split our cash)
[monster87] 2:07 pm: the 1000 we got
[monster87] 2:07 pm: or I got
[Lazarus] 2:07 pm: A sleek freighter arrives and clearly visible on the prow is the name Cutty Sark! Fox grins at the Crew’s reaction and at his old ship before replying.
[Narayan] 2:08 pm: I created room "Glathia"
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: Narayan has left at 2:08 pm+
[Lazarus] 2:08 pm: “While I do thank you for your assistance, I wasn’t sure if you good people would be up to the job. I am proud to say you most certainly were. Anyway, some old friends of mine purchased my old ship when it went up on the auction block and I was able to send them a wave shortly before that unfortunate scene back on Hera
[Lazarus] 2:08 pm: I hope you don’t mind that I used the Cortex in my room to send them a couple updates so they would know where to meet me. Thank you again for your assistance and I must now be on my way.”
[Lazarus] 2:08 pm: The Cutty Sark comes alon side and Fox stops long enough to thank all of you
[] 2:09 pm: Well ted i guess you will be on your way now its been a pleasure
[Lazarus] 2:09 pm: "It has been a blast getting to know and fly with all of you."
[monster87] 2:09 pm: "Yeah it was a great pleasure to work with you"
[starjunky] 2:09 pm: "Some nice tactics back there - will have to put 'em in my bag o' tricks
[Phoenix Duspiva] 2:09 pm: nice meeting you fox maybe we'll meet again
[Lazarus] 2:09 pm: "I have however a course planned as soon as I depart."
[Lazarus] 2:10 pm: He exits and as soon as the Cuty Sark detaches, Fox sends you a message
[Throol] 2:10 pm: (like I said, busy day today)
[Lazarus] 2:10 pm: "If you need me, my course is....Second star on the right and straight on ‘til dawn.”
[Lazarus] 2:10 pm: FADE TO BLACK
[Phoenix Duspiva] 2:10 pm: plus the 300. itll be 260 cred each if we split it 5 ways
[Lazarus] 2:10 pm: that was 100 credits and 200 plat
[] 2:10 pm: Wait how much did you guys actualy get ?
[starjunky] 2:10 pm: "heh, cryptic as always that Fox
[Lazarus] 2:11 pm: 11 credits and 200 plat
[Throol] 2:11 pm: Why split it? Don't we still need to get the ship up to spec?
[monster87] 2:11 pm: wasn't that 200 worth of credits in plat?
[Lazarus] 2:11 pm: nope, Boomer has been a miracle worker, everythingit running
[starjunky] 2:11 pm: still loaning ships ops 565 credits myself
[Lazarus] 2:12 pm: no, 100 credits and 200 platinum, worth 120 credits
[Phoenix Duspiva] 2:12 pm: yeah it was boomer
[] 2:12 pm: so we got 1320 credits total
[Lazarus] 2:12 pm: yes
[Lazarus] 2:12 pm: and burned a quarter of your fuel
[starjunky] 2:12 pm: hope Boomer can teach me a thing or two ( about ship mech, :) )
[monster87] 2:13 pm: "so 264 for each"
[Phoenix Duspiva] 2:13 pm: well its 264 cred each with a 5 split
[monster87] 2:13 pm: "I can teach you more than just that" * winks *
[Phoenix Duspiva] 2:13 pm: well thanks for letting me joining you guys
[Phoenix Duspiva] 2:13 pm: was alot of fun
[Throol] 2:13 pm: Doesn't captain take more than one share?
[monster87] 2:14 pm: yeah maybe.. gabel?
[Lazarus] 2:14 pm: ok, call the plot points and AP after conversion, 10 for Ian and Ray, 8 for John, 7 for Boomer, and 6 for Alex
[] 2:15 pm: 7 Ap ?
[Lazarus] 2:15 pm: sorry alex, having to burn through all of your plot points put a serious dent in you payout
[starjunky] 2:15 pm: yeps, hazard of being a pilot
[monster87] 2:15 pm: aren't we getting some extra pp for ending this right ;)?
[] 2:15 pm: Well hell ive had to use my plot points before
[monster87] 2:16 pm: you want extra share Cap'n?
[Lazarus] 2:16 pm: You did. I show the following AP totals
[starjunky] 2:16 pm: so I tally 14 AP ( from start ) and 0 PP left at end
[Lazarus] 2:16 pm: Ian, Alex and Ray are at 20
[Lazarus] 2:16 pm: John has 19
[Lazarus] 2:16 pm: and boomer has 16
[Lazarus] 2:17 pm: with everyone back at 6 plot points
[] 2:17 pm: Well since i own the ship setup the job and stuff but i still owe people money i would just use the extra cut to pay off my debt
[starjunky] 2:17 pm: oke, can I spend 6 ap and get d4 mech eng now?
[Lazarus] 2:17 pm: However, since we are over in time and a couple of you have to leave, we can hash this out next week if anyone has any issues
[Lazarus] 2:17 pm: Yes star
[monster87] 2:17 pm: ok so all of it divided by 6
[Phoenix Duspiva] 2:17 pm: so you guys do this same time each week?
[monster87] 2:18 pm: each 220, you 440
[starjunky] 2:18 pm: nice
[Lazarus] 2:18 pm: Yes phoenix
[monster87] 2:18 pm: ok guys, I'm going, see ya all, nice session laz
[Lazarus] 2:18 pm: later Rein
[Lazarus] 2:19 pm: thanks for playing and all the great RP
[starjunky] 2:19 pm: yeah, cya next week
[] 2:19 pm: Later rein
[Phoenix Duspiva] 2:19 pm: alright cool
[monster87->Lazarus] 2:19 pm: i took stealth d8 (8 ap), knowledge d2 (2 ap) and artistry d2 (2), so that leaves me with 4 AP
[Phoenix Duspiva] 2:19 pm: well later yall
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: starjunky has left at 2:19 pm+
[Lazarus->monster87] 2:19 pm: ok
[] 2:19 pm: cya pheonix
[Lazarus] 2:20 pm: You are welcome to join if you like Phoenix. either with Ray or your own PC
[Phoenix Duspiva] 2:20 pm: sure i think ill keep ray
[Phoenix Duspiva] 2:20 pm: well cya next week
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 8]: Phoenix Duspiva has left at 2:20 pm+