Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 9:03 am+
[Lazarus] 9:03 am: Welcome to P&PG Chat.
[General Chatter]: Gabel has entered at 9:26 am+
[General Chatter]: Throol has entered at 9:43 am+
[Lazarus] 9:48 am: I created room "Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7"
[General Chatter]: Gabel has left at 9:48 am+
Welcome! You have entered [Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7] at 9:49 am+
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: Throol has entered at 9:49 am+
[Throol] 9:49 am: Sorry, was fighting with trying to get a game to run
[Throol] 9:49 am: I'm beginning to dislike Steam
[Lazarus] 9:49 am: always a fun time
[Gabel] 9:49 am: what game
[Throol] 9:50 am: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines
[Gabel] 9:50 am: Oh an oldie :)
[Throol] 9:50 am: Yep I love the oldies
[Lazarus] 9:50 am: I've never tried steam. I have really drawnback on PC games, so I haven't really needed to try
[Gabel] 9:50 am: Id recommend the unoffical patch for that though
[Gabel] 9:50 am: it had alot of bugs
[Throol] 9:50 am: unofficial patch?
[Throol] 9:50 am: My problem is it won't run, at all.
[Gabel] 9:50 am: Yeah i think theres a group of people that made a giant patch for it
[Gabel] 9:51 am: Ah maybe it wont run on win7 or vista if you have that
[Throol] 9:51 am: Steam said I had to limit the memory usage on my machine, fuck that. Activision support say windows 7 isn't supported. If that's the case, I want my fing money back
[Lazarus] 9:51 am: yeah, win 7 is a real game killer for old stuff
[Lazarus] 9:51 am: all that 64 bit dual thread stuff
[Throol] 9:52 am: Every game I've gotten on gog.com works fine
[Gabel] 9:52 am: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?c=PC%20Gaming&os=64-bit&p=Vampire:%20The%20Masquerade%20-%20Bloodlines&pf=2&pi=1&sc=Action%20%26%20Adventure&type=Software&uid=&v=Activision
[Gabel] 9:52 am: No compatability
[Gabel] 9:52 am: But if you have 32bit
[Gabel] 9:52 am: it should be
[Throol] 9:52 am: Didn't let me go to that page directly
[Gabel] 9:53 am: Well theres a compatability checker on the microsoft site
[Lazarus] 9:53 am: ever since my old laptop croaked, I really just haven't been able to get my older games to run on my desktop, which uses XP or my new laptop that uses win7
[Gabel] 9:53 am: if you go directly to www.microsoft.com should be there somewhere
[Throol] 9:54 am: I think I might be done buying products on steam - keep getting problems with them
[Lazarus] 9:54 am: SO I have concentrated on my PbPs and here, but some RPGs I figured out to run alone
[Throol] 9:55 am: I generally haven't fiddled with the older games - gog gets them to work perfectly on the newer machines, and they're cheap and don't require the disk
[Throol] 9:55 am: I guess Steam doesn't have the same quality control
[Gabel] 9:56 am: Well in the system requirements for the game in steam win7 and vista are not listed
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: has entered at 9:56 am+
[] 9:56 am: back
[Gabel] 9:56 am: wb
[Throol] 9:56 am: Doesn't make any sense to sell games that don't run on modern systems
[Gabel] 9:57 am: Thats what the system requirements are for though to see if their compatible
[Lazarus] 9:57 am: Hey star
[Throol] 9:57 am: I find the requirements tabs on steam are wholly inaccurate - I use can I run it? to determine if my machine can handle it
[Gabel] 9:57 am: wow masquerade dont even support xp x64
[Throol] 9:59 am: They really shouldn't be selling it through steam until they fix the executable to run in the current OS
[Lazarus] 9:59 am: There is little incentive for that
[Throol] 10:00 am: Well I doubt if I'm the only one who will cease spending money on steam if this doesn't work
[Lazarus] 10:00 am: why put in the work to get a $10 game to work on win7 when you can sell $80 games that people snap up like chicklets
[Throol] 10:00 am: that's a bit of a cost
[Lazarus] 10:02 am: I guess Rein will wander in when he remembers the game. Gabel, can you skype him a reminder?
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: Ah well, here he is :-)
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: monster87 has entered at 10:03 am+
[] 10:03 am: hey monster
[monster87] 10:04 am: heya
[Lazarus] 10:04 am: hey monster
[Lazarus] 10:05 am: Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7 - GM: Lazarus, Players: Gabel, Throol, monster87, and starjunky
[Lazarus] 10:05 am: When we last left our intrepid adventurers, they had just set down on Hera...
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: They have an empty cargo hold and rapidly emptying pockets as their last cargo run didn't pan out and they passed on the chance to llot the Reaver stash
[Lazarus] 10:07 am: You do have the refugee aboard and have yet to decide what to do with him
[Lazarus] 10:08 am: The Fire Angel's engines finish spooling down and you receive a signal from the port authority to stand by for inspection
[Lazarus] 10:10 am: You lower the cargo ramp and the bored pair of inspectors come aboard
[Gabel] 10:11 am: I go meet them to greet
[Lazarus] 10:11 am: "Welcome to Hera. We weill need to see the ship's papers and cargo manifest"
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: monster87 has left at 10:11 am+
[Gabel] 10:11 am: Got the ships papers right here *Hands him*
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: monster87 has entered at 10:11 am+
[monster87] 10:12 am: sorry guys, my flash crashed somehow
[Lazarus] 10:12 am: The shorter of the two men takes the papers ans cans them perfunctorly as the taller man makes a cursory look about the cargo hold.
[Lazarus] 10:14 am: "I see you are empty captain, that will make things go quickly. Fong here will just have to verify your externals are empty and we'll be done here as soon as you pay the ten credit landing fee."
[Gabel] 10:14 am: *Hands him the credits*
[Lazarus] 10:15 am: Fong returns after a couple moments and nods silently at his partner.
[Lazarus] 10:15 am: "Okay then. Welcome again to Hera. May you have better luck finding a cargo here. Good day to you Captain."
[Gabel] 10:15 am: Thank you have a good day
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:16 am: is there technical things that need fixing still?
[Lazarus] 10:16 am: The two men deaprt and head off toward the next ship to be inspected
[Gabel] 10:16 am: *tips his hat and turns his back to adress the crew*
[Gabel] 10:16 am: *Walks back to medbay*
[monster87] 10:16 am: "so can we go have some fun Cap'n?"
[Lazarus] 10:17 am: The landing field seems to be bustling from what John can see from the ramp
[Gabel] 10:17 am: Alright i need a drink im just gonna talk to our refugee then im gonna take a walk around we can find a job later
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:17 am: no, the systems are all restored, but the monthly maintenance is getting close. a general amount of 133 credits is needed to keep the ship flying per month
[Gabel] 10:18 am: You can do what you want today i got some stuff i need to sort out as well
[Lazarus] 10:18 am: The refugee is in his cabin, looking apprehensive
[Gabel] 10:18 am: We can meet up here later*
[Gabel] 10:19 am: So we landed you sure you want to leave Hera's as good a planet as any but you are welcome to stay as long as you want to
[monster87] 10:20 am: "Alex, do you want to go with shopping for some spare parts - she needs some more fixing soon"
[Lazarus] 10:20 am: "Iths beth I leavth, I'm not fith to be with otherths."
[Gabel] 10:21 am: Well if you are sure its your choice i wont force you to stay
[monster87] 10:21 am: * hears the guy * "You don't need to leave, if you're not ready yet.."
[Lazarus] 10:21 am: "Thith port ith too crowded, can youth takth me too some remoth area?"
[Gabel] 10:21 am: but as i said you can stay with us as long as you like
[] 10:21 am: "sure Boomer, lets go
[Gabel] 10:21 am: I can but that will have to be later once our business here is concurred
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: esotericenigma has left at 10:22 am+
[Lazarus] 10:22 am: "I do wanth to be on a planet again. I am ready, just noth tho cloth to tho many"
[Lazarus] 10:22 am: "Thath ith fine. I can waith here."
[Gabel] 10:22 am: Well we can take you out in the shuttle to a remote area of hera if you wish
[Lazarus] 10:23 am: "Yeth pleath, I'd like that very mucth."
[Gabel] 10:23 am: Well if you wait here til i get back we will try find a spot for you
[Lazarus] 10:24 am: "Okay, thankth youth captain."
[Gabel] 10:24 am: *lets of a slight smile before tipping his hat and turns to move outside*
[Gabel] 10:25 am: *moves to step outside his ship and locks up if hes the last one to go*
[Lazarus] 10:25 am: Moving out into the crowd, you see that Hera is a busy place. Lots of ships, each with a barker outside. Dozens of little boothes seeling everything from "Good Dogs" to carved ducks
[Lazarus] 10:26 am: Or at least what someone imagines a duck to look like that hasn't seen one
[Lazarus] 10:26 am: Alex and Boomer are together, are John and Ian together?
[Gabel] 10:26 am: *Stretches his arms once he gets out* Ahhh Hera How Joh Bu Jian (Long time no see)
[monster87] 10:27 am: "nice" * takes Alex's arm and walks off into the city with him *
[Throol] 10:27 am: We might as well all stick together
[Lazarus] 10:27 am: Ray will stay with the ship and give the refugee one last physical
[Gabel] 10:27 am: Come on Ian i need a gorram drink before anything else
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: Ice Hawk has left at 10:27 am+
[Lazarus] 10:28 am: okay then, four of you move through the port until Alex and Boomer peel off to look for parts as Ian and John head for a watering hole
[Throol] 10:28 am: "Drinks are fine, but I think we should line up some jobs first."
[Throol] 10:28 am: "We're still draining money."
[Gabel] 10:29 am: Dont look at me like that Ian you were the one who set us up with that gorram job
[Gabel] 10:29 am: At least we got payed some money for that botch of a job
[Lazarus] 10:29 am: There is that and the hundred plus credits in parts Boomer is going to need to keep the newly restored Fire Angel flying are not going to be free
[Throol] 10:29 am: "I directed you to it, yeah. I didn't negotiate any terms, or the details, that's not my job."
[Gabel] 10:30 am: But if you want to find a job right away go ahead i need a damned drink before i do anything else today
[monster87] 10:31 am: "Ah yeah Alex, I forgot we need some cash.. do you have any, or should we go back to the cap'n?
[Throol] 10:31 am: "Alright." Ian heads off to look for opportunities.
[Gabel] 10:31 am: Later Puhn Yoh
[Lazarus] 10:31 am: Ian and John split up and are soon out of sight of each other in the crowd and winding pathways between the vendors
[] 10:31 am: " got about 90 is all
[Lazarus] 10:32 am: (You know 90 will make a nice dent in what you need and with some sort of insane negotiations you might get all of them)
[] 10:33 am: " how much you have, Boomer?
[monster87] 10:33 am: I have 20
[monster87] 10:34 am: Guess we're only going window shopping for the colorful stuff.. * looks a bit sad *
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:35 am: Im gonna try and see if i cant find one of the old bars i used to use back in the day
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:35 am: before the war
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:35 am: mech eng
[Lazarus] 10:35 am: to locate parts, roll INT + mech eng
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:35 am: okay
[monster87] 10:35 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 10:35 am:

-> 1d12 (1)+ 1d10 (8) = 9


[] 10:36 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[] 10:36 am:

-> 1d6 (1)


[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:36 am: Int+Will to remember where and find your old stomping grounds
[Lazarus] 10:36 am: hmmm
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:36 am: can I do this on intuition?
[monster87] 10:37 am: * I take the opportunity to also look at some clothes and other colorful things, but I don't buy any, even some scarf that I like a lot *
[Lazarus] 10:37 am: star roll alertness + Perception
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 10:38 am:

-> 2d8 (2,8 = 10)


[Lazarus->monster87] 10:38 am: looking for parts? not really
[] 10:38 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[] 10:38 am:

-> 1d6 (4)+ 1d6 (5) = 9


[monster87->Lazarus] 10:38 am: hehe ok, thought so
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: roll again star
[] 10:39 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[] 10:39 am:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d6 (4) = 6


[Lazarus->] 10:40 am: you have the distinct impression that using 1 plot point would be useful
[Gabel] 10:40 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d10)
[Gabel] 10:40 am:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d10 (8) = 12


[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:40 am: 12
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:40 am: can I use streetwise to haggle?
[] 10:40 am: ok, spend 1 of 6 pps
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:40 am: no problem finding the first place. looks more worn from the outside
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:41 am: if it looks in decent shape i will enter
[Lazarus->] 10:41 am: You realize that your wallet has been lifted and you make eye contact with a small figure who immediately starts to run
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:41 am: yes
[] 10:41 am: " grab that little fella! he took my wallet!
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:41 am: hmmm decent might be a kindness, but it is still in business
[] 10:42 am: runs after the teif
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:42 am: Well im not to fussy when it comes to a quick drink really so
[Lazarus] 10:42 am: The figure bolts and begins dodging through the crowd
[Lazarus] 10:42 am: You will be using agility + athletics, running if you have it
[] 10:43 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[] 10:43 am:

-> 1d10 (7)+ 1d6 (6) = 13


[Lazarus] 10:43 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 10:43 am:

-> 2d8 (1,3 = 4)


[Lazarus] 10:43 am: you gain rapidly on the other person, roll again
[] 10:43 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[] 10:43 am:

-> 1d10 (8)+ 1d6 (6) = 14


[Lazarus->monster87] 10:44 am: are you in the chase?
[Lazarus] 10:44 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 10:44 am:

-> 2d8 (7,5 = 12)


[Lazarus] 10:44 am: still gaining, but not by as much
[Lazarus] 10:44 am: roll again
[] 10:45 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[] 10:45 am:

-> 1d10 (2)+ 1d6 (6) = 8


[Lazarus] 10:45 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 10:45 am:

-> 2d8 (1,2 = 3)


[Lazarus] 10:45 am: You run down the thief and she immediately surrenders. "Don't hurt me!"
[] 10:46 am: "give ti back
[Lazarus] 10:46 am: "Okay, okay, here."
[] 10:46 am: and why should I not turn you in to Hera police?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:47 am: you enter and the place is dim and smoky. No one pays you much attention
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:47 am: sorry got phone - guess I run after star
[Lazarus] 10:47 am: "Oh come on. This was nothing personal, just business."
[monster87] 10:47 am: (sorry I had phone, but I'm running too, pretty fast actually)
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:47 am: okay
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:48 am: I just head on over to the barkeep
[Lazarus] 10:48 am: roll agility + athletics running if you have it, three times Boomer
[monster87] 10:48 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[monster87] 10:48 am:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d8 (2) = 5


[] 10:48 am: "stealing is always personal
[monster87] 10:48 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[monster87] 10:48 am:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d8 (5) = 11


[monster87] 10:48 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[monster87] 10:48 am:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d8 (8) = 14


[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:48 am: "How can I help ya?"
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:48 am: i also just take a look of my surroundings see who is in the bar before i reach the barkeep
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:49 am: Whiskey make it a double
[Lazarus] 10:49 am: You arrive in time to hear the thief say "Oh come on. This was nothing personal, just business."
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:49 am: "Got it."
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:50 am: Its been a while since i been here havent stuck my head in since the war good to see your still up and running
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:50 am: Before the war*
[monster87] 10:50 am: "damn right you thieving maggots!" * clearly more anger than just this one thief *
[] 10:50 am: "this imp boosted my wallet Boomer, what should we do with her?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:51 am: "Hmmm. war...bad for business"
[Lazarus] 10:52 am: "Please, let me go. I thought ya was a sap, I was wrong, ya got yer wallet back. I'm just tryin' ta make a livin' ya know."
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:52 am: So how has business been *just making conversation*
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:52 am: "Good enough ta stay in business. I won't be buyin' a floaty house on Bellerophon any time soon though."
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:53 am: you get your drink and look around the room. Lots of quiet conversations. A poker game is going on in the corner
[monster87] 10:53 am: "well I don't know - I guess we should bring her to the cops"
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:54 am: I pay for the drink and tell the barkeep hopefully it will get better
[Lazarus] 10:54 am: (Throol make INT+ Covert or Influence to find work)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:54 am: I move over to the poker table to see if i cant join em in a hand
[Lazarus] 10:54 am: "No no Feds, have a heart. PLEASE."
[Throol] 10:54 am: Covert:
[Throol] 10:54 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 10:54 am:

-> 2d6 (2,3 = 5)


[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:55 am: Howdy fellahs mind if i join you in a hand *taking a swig of his whiskey*
[] 10:55 am: "ok, how well you know this starport?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:55 am: The three men and one woman look up and after a monet, nod toward the open chair
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:55 am: *Sits down*
[Lazarus] 10:55 am: "Inside and out." The thief replies
[Lazarus->Throol] 10:56 am: No luck in finding work so far
[] 10:56 am: "show us where we can get discount ship parts and we'll consder lettin ya go
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:56 am: "Five card draw. five credit buy in, ten credit limit."
[Lazarus] 10:57 am: "Oh parts, ummm. Best place has got to be Waldoes, east quadrant. Three blocks east, eight south. bit of a walk from here."
[Throol->Lazarus] 10:58 am: ok
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:58 am: Just out of game here now whats a ten credit limit ?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:58 am: gambling uses Int or Will + perception
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:58 am: max bet is ten credits
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:59 am: ah so if i buy in at 5 credits i got 5 credits bet ?
[] 10:59 am: "hmm, what do yu think of that, Boomer?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:59 am: they just want to see you have five credits to join the game. you an bet up to ten credits per hand
[monster87] 10:59 am: "yeah we can walk a bit, do we go past some nice colorful shops miss?"
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:00 am: (Bah what the hell John's in a foul mood after the botched job betting his last 5 creds to see if i cant improve his credits somewhat would be what he would do)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:00 am: Puts the 5 creds down
[Lazarus] 11:00 am: "Miss? Oh you mean me. Yeah, nothin' fancy, but couple a vendors got nice lookin' stuff."
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:00 am: roll for the hand
[Gabel] 11:01 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d6)
[Gabel] 11:01 am:

-> 1d10 (1)+ 1d6 (4) = 5


[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:01 am: I hate this board and its silly dice
[monster87] 11:01 am: well if it's on the route we can check some more things * looks happy *, right Alex?
[monster87] 11:01 am: (seems to have forgotten about the fact that his wallet just got stolen on the prospect of some more shoppinG)
[] 11:02 am: "wlak with us to the shop, if it checks out we'll turn you loose
[] 11:02 am: places wallet in more secure pocket
[monster87] 11:02 am: * on the way * "You know it's funny that it was you getting robbed. I come home often enough that my cash is gone. Well usually I just don't bring any anymore.. (jada jada jada)"
[Lazarus] 11:03 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 11:03 am:

-> 2d8 (6,3 = 9)


[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:03 am: LOL. the pot was not 5 credits, just they want to make sure you had money. you lose 2 credits
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:03 am: Oh okay
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:04 am: (god of dice please be kind and rewind)
[] 11:05 am: also counts to be sure all money is there
[monster87] 11:05 am: babbles and acts like she's in the company of a good friend out on a nice day of shopping
[Lazarus] 11:05 am: The money is all there
[Lazarus] 11:06 am: The thie walks you to the parts store, which is moe of a junk shop and it does take a good 20 minutes to get there
[monster87] 11:07 am: starts sniffing around, possibly even more cheerful than in the clothing shops
[] 11:08 am: "not exactly what I was hoping for, but guess you held up your end of the deal. If I see you near me or any of my friends again, I'm not gonna be so nice
[Lazarus] 11:08 am: "Yeah, I got it, I'm a ghost."
[Lazarus] 11:09 am: The thief bolts into the crowd as quickly as she can and is almost instantly out of sight
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:09 am: roll again if you want another hand
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:09 am: Dont suppose you nice folk know of any work that needs a few good hands or a ship (Im just going to make small talk see if i cant find some work while im losing money)
[] 11:09 am: "ok Boomer, see if this place has any parts we can use
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:09 am: I will use Conversation skill if needed
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:09 am: to maybe coax something out of them
[monster87] 11:09 am: "ah look here, an antique communcations device!, and here ... (jada)"
[monster87] 11:10 am: "wow this place is great!
[Gabel] 11:10 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d6)
[Gabel] 11:10 am:

-> 1d10 (8)+ 1d6 (5) = 13


[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:10 am: roll your conversation and your gambling
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:10 am: Gambling
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:10 am: 13
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:10 am: Conversation
[Gabel] 11:10 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d8)
[Gabel] 11:10 am:

-> 1d10 (2)+ 1d8 (7) = 9


[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:10 am: 9
[Lazarus] 11:10 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 11:10 am:

-> 2d8 (6,1 = 7)


[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:11 am: you win 4 credits
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:11 am: Ships and cargos do not seem to be these guys forte
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:12 am: (Wont have to be Ships and cargo im just making small talk to see if anyone they know might have work in general i just mentioned the ship incase they needed something shipped
[Lazarus] 11:13 am: Throol roll int + streetwise one more time
[Throol] 11:15 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 11:15 am:

-> 2d6 (5,5 = 10)


[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:15 am: roll conversation again
[Gabel] 11:16 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d8)
[Gabel] 11:16 am:

-> 1d10 (4)+ 1d8 (5) = 9


[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:16 am: 9
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:16 am: Yet again lol
[monster87] 11:17 am: * to the owner * "Mighty fine store you have here. I'd like these parts, but we're a bit short on cash. But of course you'd be willing to give me a little discount on all this, right?"
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:17 am: can I haggle int+streetwise and use sweet and cheerful?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:17 am: only work they seem to know about is small time stuff. medial labor and that sort of thing
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:18 am: im gonna roll another for gambling
[Gabel] 11:18 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d6)
[Gabel] 11:18 am:

-> 1d10 (1)+ 1d6 (5) = 6


[Lazarus] 11:18 am: "Discount? Well depends on what y'all is willin' ta work out in trade there Bao bei." The fat, man leers
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:18 am: ok
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:18 am: you sure can
[monster87] 11:18 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d12)
[monster87] 11:18 am:

-> 1d12 (8)+ 1d12 (8) = 16


[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:18 am: Laz screw ever other skill i can ever get Thing's go smooth major if i even live that long with the lack of money i for sure as hell am sick of botches
[Lazarus] 11:19 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 11:19 am:

-> 2d8 (3,2 = 5)


[monster87] 11:19 am: "I'm helping you off some old stuff that nobody but me wants, and taking a lot to be sure. We don't have more than 80 with us, will that suffice?
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:19 am: I hope to dear god that was your skill check to counter me
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:19 am: lol
[Lazarus] 11:20 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 11:20 am:

-> 2d8 (2,4 = 6)


[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:20 am: So hows hera doing after the war havent been here in a long time
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:20 am: pot split. no gain, no loss
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:20 am: another gambling roll
[Gabel] 11:20 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d6)
[Gabel] 11:20 am:

-> 1d10 (10)+ 1d6 (3) = 13


[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:20 am: 13
[Lazarus] 11:21 am: Maybe it's the sparkle in Boomer's eyes or the curve of her...lady parts, you may never know, but you win over the shopkeep somehow and manage to keep his hands off you in the process
[monster87] 11:22 am: "Well now we got that settled Alex, I've some money left for that scarf we saw earlier, you still have energy left?"
[Lazarus] 11:22 am: "Damn if'n ya ain't the slickest little huckster to wander in here in a coon's age. I like you little filly and I think we can deal."
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: Waldo gives you the 133 credits of parts for an even 100 credits
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 11:23 am:

-> 2d8 (6,2 = 8)


[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:23 am: you win another 2 credits
[] 11:23 am: "Sure Boomer" whispers - "you done good"
[Lazarus->Throol] 11:23 am: still nothing for a job. You talked a good game, but since no one knows you are your ship, no one would deal
[monster87] 11:24 am: "Thanks Waldo, we'll see you again next time we visit Hera. I like your shop alot!" * and with a cheerful smile she walks out the store *
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:24 am: *takes a swig of his whiskey*
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: Jame Rowe has left at 11:24 am+
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:24 am: Ahh that hit the spot
[Gabel] 11:24 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d6)
[Gabel] 11:24 am:

-> 1d10 (6)+ 1d6 (4) = 10


[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:24 am: another gambling roll
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:24 am: 10
[Lazarus] 11:25 am: "You do that Bao bei, maybe come alone next time."
[Throol->Lazarus] 11:25 am: Well, I guess that settles it. I go and look for work on other ships as a mercenary, see what that market is like.
[Lazarus] 11:25 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 11:25 am:

-> 2d8 (5,8 = 13)


[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:25 am: lose 2 credits
[Throol->Lazarus] 11:25 am: Maybe we can all get jobs on another ship.
[Gabel] 11:25 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d6)
[Gabel] 11:25 am:

-> 1d10 (6)+ 1d6 (6) = 12


[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:25 am: 12
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:25 am: another
[Lazarus] 11:25 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 11:25 am:

-> 2d8 (5,6 = 11)


[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:25 am: win a credit
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:26 am: one last one
[Gabel] 11:26 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d6)
[Gabel] 11:26 am:

-> 1d10 (7)+ 1d6 (6) = 13


[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:26 am: 13
[monster87] 11:26 am: (outside) "come alone, heh, not my type - at all. Who is he foolin' ;) I think it was this way, right Alex?" * points the wrong way *
[Lazarus->Throol] 11:26 am: one more int + streetwise
[Throol] 11:26 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 11:26 am:

-> 2d6 (5,2 = 7)


[Lazarus] 11:26 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 11:26 am:

-> 2d8 (7,8 = 15)


[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:26 am: lose another credit
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:27 am: Well folks its been mighty dandy playing with ya but i gots to run
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:27 am: They grunt and keep playing. looks like you walk out 2 credits ahead
[] 11:27 am: "nah, back this way. That old fella was quite the lech
[Lazarus->Throol] 11:28 am: No one seems to be willing to admit knowing anything
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:28 am: *Gets up and chugs down his whiskey*
[Lazarus] 11:28 am: SO do you all head back to the ship or meet someplace else?
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:28 am: Right back to business as usual i suppose *smiling slightly as his day got a little better*
[monster87] 11:28 am: * follows Alex * "You know, you're doing quite a good job at not getting bored lookin at pretties. Is that for show, or are you really having fun?"
[monster87] 11:29 am: "Ahh look at this (fake, cheap, pretty earrings) - they're gorgous!"
[Throol->Lazarus] 11:29 am: Head back to the ship
[Lazarus] 11:29 am: As the light starts to fade, you all return to the ship.
[Lazarus] 11:30 am: Boomer has her parts and figure 5 credits of lady stuff
[] 11:30 am: "sure, glad to be off the ship a while and take in the sights.
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:30 am: Actualy before i return to the ship or if i cant do it i will do it tomorrow
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:30 am: John would go to the Memorial graveyard of fallen troops to pay his respects
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:30 am: From both sides
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:31 am: that is a shuttle trip to get there
[monster87] 11:31 am: "yep I come home with an empty wallet - again"
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:31 am: Can i make it today ?
[monster87] 11:32 am: (lets stay I paid 15 for the parts and you 85 star?)
[Lazarus] 11:32 am: You all meet back at the ship and Boomer stores the parts in engineering before everyone gathers around the dining table
[] 11:32 am: (ok
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:32 am: it is getting dark
[monster87] 11:32 am: * puts her new scarf and earrings on for dinner *
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:32 am: K then tomorrow
[Gabel] 11:33 am: *walking in a bit later then the others*
[Lazarus] 11:33 am: The parts run is the most successful part of the day as jobs do not seem to be much more plentiful to new crews here than elsewhere
[Gabel] 11:34 am: So what you all been up to
[Throol] 11:34 am: (This is getting to be a bit too much like real life.)
[Gabel] 11:34 am: And mite i say you are looking mighty fine tonight young lady
[] 11:34 am: "Cap'n, I pitched in another 85 and Boomer 15 for the parts, so my loan to fund ship operations is up to 565 now
[Gabel] 11:34 am: (Captains obviously in a cheerful mood)
[] 11:35 am: " an I'm skint
[Lazarus] 11:35 am: (Never know, luck could be just around the corner. Perhaps a decent meal is in order off ship to put things in perspective)
[Gabel] 11:36 am: Theres nothing like a stiff drink and a round of poker to cheer one up
[Gabel] 11:36 am: So ian you have any luck with finding work around here
[Throol] 11:37 am: "Nah, I've lost enough money already. No luck, time to move on."
[Gabel] 11:38 am: well were good for another week or so we can find something to do tomorrow i want to head off to the Serenity valley memorial tomorrow to pay my respect to the fallen we can also find our refugee here some place to stay
[monster87] 11:38 am: *blushes at the cap'n's remark * "Thanks Cap'n"
[] 11:39 am: "by the way, I had my wallet boosted by a young girl in the spaceport, I'll sure put my wallet in a safe place from here on out, reckon y'all might want to consider that too
[monster87] 11:39 am: "me and Ace here had a very nice day shoppin. And we found all kinds of great robust and antique parts that are going to get great uses
[Gabel] 11:39 am: *chuckles* you got your wallet boosted by a little girl
[monster87] 11:40 am: "Well he had her for it, she played tour guide for the rest of the day -- well an hour or so anyway"
[Gabel] 11:40 am: Tis why i never carry cash i just transfer it over via cortex when im on planet.
[Gabel] 11:40 am: or at least i dont carry more then five bucks at a time enough for a stiff drink
[Gabel] 11:40 am: But then i dont got more then five bucks a ship to my name and a mighty fine crew with me either way
[monster87] 11:41 am: "So can I help tomorrow with finding a job?"
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:41 am: guess sweet and cheerful is not really for finding jobs other than whoring, right :P?
[Gabel] 11:41 am: Finding work on hera will be hard i worked here before the war its a rather busy place never has time for new people
[monster87] 11:42 am: well it's worth a shot
[Gabel] 11:42 am: Well something will come along and since you repaired the ship like the genius you are we can head off to find something elsewere that mite be kinder if we dont find here
[Gabel] 11:43 am: *Digs in to his food*
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:43 am: It might apply. depends on the situation
[monster87] 11:43 am: (sorry guys gotta go 10 mins - be back as fast as I can)
[Lazarus] 11:44 am: ok
[Gabel] 11:44 am: I was thinking maybe we can sell them gorram reaver weapons if were lucky they might fetch an okay price and give us a little relief on the money situation
[Lazarus] 11:46 am: (You figure the weapons could turn some money, but going by the modifications, they would be more as curiousities than anything, Lots of people claim to have 'reaver' artifcats)
[Gabel] 11:47 am: (Theres dried blood on them their about as authentic as they get)
[Lazarus] 11:48 am: (YOU know that, the average schmoe does not)
[Gabel] 11:50 am: Anywho hows your day been other then getting robbed by a little girl
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: Aramil Swingblade has left at 11:51 am+
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:52 am: Heh quiet crowd today
[] 11:52 am: "heh, Boomer did nice job talkin' the parts shop owner down a bit. got us a deal on the goods
[Gabel] 11:52 am: Bet she used her womanly charm and good looks to coax his prices down huh
[Gabel] 11:53 am: *chuckles*
[Lazarus] 11:53 am: Do you go back out tonight or stay on the ship?
[Gabel] 11:54 am: Im gonna go back tonight just take a walk around clear my head
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:54 am: some of that is my fault. I'm unfocused because of the situation with my thesis
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:54 am: Hey its no biggie from my side im a patient man
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:54 am: k
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:54 am: And doing different locations when we are all in different places is hard enough
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:54 am: on its own
[] 11:54 am: (I stay on ship
[Lazarus] 11:55 am: Boomer and Ian?
[Gabel] 11:56 am: Boomer, Ian, Alex you want to join me i can show you some of the places on Hera if i can for the love of me remember where they are
[Throol] 11:56 am: (Actually, I think I'm going to go lie down, don't feel too well. Hopefully see you guys next week.)
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: Throol has left at 11:56 am+
[] 11:56 am: "gonna nurse my wounds aboard ship myself Boss
[Gabel] 11:56 am: ya later throol hope you feel better(way to quick)
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: loudriver23 has left at 11:57 am+
[Gabel] 11:57 am: You still wounded damn well get rested have the doc look at it if its to bad
[Lazarus] 11:57 am: ok Jon, try and feel better
[Gabel] 11:58 am: Guessing he was not feeling well at all he was out quicker then you could spit hope its nothing serious
[Lazarus] 11:58 am: (Alex stillhas 1 wound point, technically heals next day)
[Gabel] 11:59 am: Not every man who gets to fight crazies and live Alex you can for damn sure count your self lucky you survived
[] 11:59 am: "true enuff Cap'n
[Gabel] 11:59 am: But im hella glad we got it out of that mess it was looking bleak there for a second
[Gabel] 12:00 pm: Friends are hard to come by in the vers.... *Captain trails off looking abscent minded for a second* But anyway its good to know your all alive.
[] 12:01 pm: (afk for a bit, gotta eat lunch with wifey....
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: Rathor has left at 12:01 pm+
[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: So are you three going to go off ship?
[Gabel] 12:01 pm: Well i am at least
[Gabel] 12:01 pm: (Monster had to go afk and sj is afk)
[Gabel] 12:02 pm: So ... well im the only one actualy here atm
[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: well. I guess we take a pause then
[monster87] 12:02 pm: (im back)
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: nice
[monster87] 12:03 pm: I'll go with out of the ship
[monster87] 12:03 pm: use my charms to find a job :)
[Gabel] 12:03 pm: Boomer you want to join me outside for a stroll then
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: Ian will stay with ship for sure
[monster87] 12:03 pm: "Sure thing Cap'n"
[monster87] 12:03 pm: "Where are we going?"
[Gabel] 12:04 pm: Oh i dont know figured i would stop by some of the sites havent been to Hera for a long long time tomorrow i figured i would go visit the memorial of serenity valley
[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: The two of you exit the ship and do enjoy the feel of the wind in your face after being on ship, but Hera does seem to have its share of smells
[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: Most of the vendors have closed up shop, but few are still hawking wares as are other ships
[Gabel] 12:05 pm: We still need to get our refugee to a remote place tomorrow he seems intent on leaving cant really blame him i spose
[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: keeping a sharp eye for pickpockets, seems to be a deterrent
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: as you wander without a destination, you find a row of store front and in the distance, you can see a commotion
[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: An older man is swinging a barstool to keep three younger men, obviously spacers by their garb, at bay while a crowd of perhaps a dozen others are watching the events with great enthusiasm, shouting encouragements and catcalls as they watch.
[monster87] 12:08 pm: "Whattawedo Cap'n?"
[monster87] 12:08 pm: (obviously stressed)
[Gabel] 12:08 pm: Whats all this commotion for why they picking on that old man
[Lazarus] 12:08 pm: both of you roll int + will
[Gabel] 12:08 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d10)
[Gabel] 12:08 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d10 (6) = 14


[Gabel] 12:08 pm: (Give me an ace roll !!!!)
[monster87] 12:09 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)
[monster87] 12:09 pm:

-> 1d12 (9)+ 1d8 (1) = 10


[Lazarus] 12:09 pm: You both recognize the older man as none other than the famous, or infamous based on which side you supported during the Unification War, Theodore Harold Edmund Fox, known ‘Verse-wide as the “Black Fox” and the most effective commerce raider of the war
[Gabel] 12:10 pm: (I havent read to much about him whos side was he on)
[Gabel] 12:10 pm: (Not that it matters to much to John)
[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: The Black Fox has a split lip, but the three spacers seem to be even worse for wear from the encounter with the legendary raider, sporting new bruises and bleeding at least as much as Fox. When the spacers notice the Crew, the biggest of them snarls: “This ain’t none of ya’ll’s affair! This liu kou shui de biao zi he hou zi de ben er zi done took my Pop’s boat and cost my family everythin’! I figger it’s time for a reckonin’! Ya’ll keep movin’ and none of ya’ll will get broke!”
[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: (Stupid son of a drooling whore and a monkey)
[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: (Alliance had the commerce, the Independents did the raiding)
[Lazarus] 12:12 pm: (The Black Fox has near legendary status, espeically among the Browncoats)
[] 12:12 pm: (bk
[Gabel] 12:13 pm: *sighs* Cant believe he is doing this *Steps in and whallops one of the younger guys*
[Lazarus] 12:13 pm: (If you want to be off ship, you can be star)
[Gabel] 12:13 pm: Get back girl this could get rough
[monster87] 12:13 pm: * stands back * "But Cap'n..." * clearly not happy with the situation *(
[Lazarus] 12:13 pm: roll your attack Gabel
[] 12:13 pm: (nah, I'm good back on ship. enjoying fine Turkish tobacco
[Gabel] 12:15 pm: Im also going to yell once i whallop one of them Stop this fight the gorram wars long over! *With a harsh tone of voice*
[Gabel] 12:15 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[Gabel] 12:15 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d8 (4) = 7


[Gabel] 12:15 pm: 7
[Lazarus] 12:15 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 12:15 pm:

-> 2d6 (4,1 = 5)


[Gabel] 12:15 pm: Im also using my intimidating manner
[Lazarus] 12:15 pm: Roll your intimidation
[Gabel] 12:16 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d2+1d6)
[Gabel] 12:16 pm:

-> 1d12 (3)+ 1d2 (1)+ 1d6 (4) = 8


[Lazarus] 12:17 pm: Your punch surprises one of the thugs and he staggers in shock. However, it is the steel in your voice that makes the others check their actions and look at you with a surly expression
[Lazarus] 12:18 pm: "Gorram Browncoat lover." He spits in front of you. "Come on, mighta know that hun dan would find friends here."
[Lazarus] 12:19 pm: His two buddies look less angry and more grateful, based on the beating they've already sustained
[Lazarus] 12:19 pm: The three push through the crowd and depart and you notice much money changing hands
[monster87] 12:19 pm: * comes over * "What's this all about Cap'n?"
[Gabel] 12:20 pm: Three against one *spits* And they still couldnt take him down gorram disgrace for people they were
[Lazarus] 12:21 pm: "Guess it depends on how you look at it, but I say they'd call it retribution"
[monster87] 12:21 pm: (black says that?)
[Lazarus] 12:21 pm: "And thank you friend. I'm Ted Fox."
[Gabel] 12:22 pm: John Helios Iskellian *tips his hat*
[monster87] 12:22 pm: "well how do you do Ted, I'm Boomer" * flushes her eyebrows *
[Lazarus] 12:22 pm: His brow frowns at the name, but he doesn't say anything. "If you don't mind Captain, I'd like to head out with you and get away from this crowd."
[Gabel] 12:23 pm: Fine with me sir
[Gabel] 12:23 pm: *Leads the way*
[Lazarus] 12:23 pm: "Nice to meet you....Boomer, interesting handle that I'm sure that's a long story,"
[Lazarus] 12:24 pm: I few of the crowd follow along, but when no further fights break out, they all peel off well before you reach your ship.
[monster87] 12:24 pm: "Why did those people attack you sir?"
[Lazarus] 12:25 pm: "Hmm Pride-Class, made a nice light carrier in the war. Nice ship, but about as graceful as a pig in tights. Sorry captain, just me thinking back on old times best forgot."
[Lazarus] 12:25 pm: "Well there Boomer I wish I had a better answer, but they jumped me, because I'm me and they could."
[monster87] 12:26 pm: "You better not be insulting our Fire Angel. She's a beauty and flyin' us perfectly"
[monster87] 12:26 pm: "And you is someone who everyone knows xcept me?"
[Lazarus] 12:26 pm: "No insult, but the Prides are not know for maneuverability"
[monster87] 12:26 pm: "Well I guess that's true.."
[Gabel] 12:27 pm: Shes fast though *patting her gently*
[Lazarus] 12:27 pm: "You are a bit young, but I would think most folk have heard of 'The Back Fox', not that I ever cared for that name.
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:28 pm: You have heard of the black fox. he is a living legend
[monster87] 12:28 pm: * eyes growing * "The Black Fox? Wow..."
[Lazarus] 12:28 pm: "Mind if I come on board and sit for a bit captain? I want to make sure that we weren't followed"
[Gabel] 12:29 pm: Not a problem
[Lazarus] 12:29 pm: "Thank you very much."
[monster87] 12:29 pm: * shakes herself * "Ah of course! You be wantin' some coffee or somethin'? We're not that fully stacked right now, but I think we can fix you up somethin' you'd like"
[Lazarus] 12:30 pm: As soon as you are all gathered in the common room, Fox takes a seat and after a tired sigh begins to speak
[Lazarus] 12:30 pm: "You are too kind Boomer"
[Lazarus] 12:31 pm: "I would guess some of you have heard of me, but what you probably don't know is what happened when the war ended."
[] 12:31 pm: saunters down to common room after hearing arrival
[monster87] 12:31 pm:
[Gabel] 12:31 pm: Heck heard of you you were quite the thorn in high commands ass back in teh day
[Gabel] 12:31 pm: the*
[monster87] 12:32 pm: * gets him a cup of coffee and sits down to listen intensly *
[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: Fox smiles. "I guess you could put it that way. Took forty-six prizes without a single loss of life. I'm especially proud of that last part."
[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: “The Feds were ‘kind’ enough to parole me seven years into my twenty-five year sentence, but they just couldn’t let the past stay in the past. They let me out of prison true enough, but they decided that I was still enough of a traitor that they felt it was okay to not return my land on Hera to me. So sure, I’m a ‘free’ man, but I’m also an impoverished man and that group back at the tavern shows that I haven’t got a hope in hell of being able to find legal work anywhere near a ship.”
[Gabel] 12:34 pm: Children blaming the older generation for its faults never looking past their blind hatred *sighs*
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: "too true Captain."
[monster87] 12:35 pm: "Too many folk born stupid these days"
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: “You’ve been far too kind to an old man and your coming to my aid speaks volumes to your character, so it is painful for me to have to ask to impose upon you one more time. However, while I’ve been freed from prison, I’ve been left without means to stay that way. If you can find it in your hearts to help me recover some money I’ve hidden away, not much, but enough for me to live on. I can cut you in on a share for your assistance. I ask you in the name of all that the Alliance is supposed to sta
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: stand for that you help me retrieve only a small part of what should by all rights be mine. If doing what’s right isn’t enough motivation for you, I can offer you a ten percent finder’s fee, which will more than pay for your time.”
[monster87] 12:36 pm: * looks at the cap'n * "I'm sure that John here is especially perfect for a job like this"
[Gabel] 12:36 pm: Ted ill tell you what you can stay as long as you want and i will help you out for whatever my words worth to ya
[Gabel] 12:37 pm: Must say its been the first time ive been called a browncoat lover to my face
[Gabel] 12:37 pm: *chuckles*
[Lazarus] 12:37 pm: "Well, I can say that is the kindest words I've heard in a long time."
[Lazarus] 12:37 pm: "You...were Alliance?"
[Gabel] 12:37 pm: The ignorant dont know the truth of the war and its best it stay that way in my mind
[Gabel] 12:38 pm: The objective word being Were Ted
[Gabel] 12:38 pm: Young and foolish you could even call it
[Gabel] 12:38 pm: Suppose i only got myself to blame in the end
[Lazarus] 12:38 pm: "You are an extraordinary man then Captain. Not many that wore the Gray would be willing to help out someone that worn the Brown."
[Gabel] 12:39 pm: *sighs* Not all see it that way unfortunately
[monster87] 12:39 pm: "Hah you don't know the half of it. Our cap'n is the best in the universe"
[Gabel] 12:40 pm: Seeing past the colors that blind and looking at the men behind the masks is a hard feat for many Ted
[Lazarus] 12:40 pm: "Ayway, before you get in too deep. you need to know the real story. So, sit back for a bit while I tell you how all this Black Fox nonsense started."
[Lazarus] 12:40 pm: “Okay, I’ll tell you my story. I do not like to flatter myself, but I believe, at least some of my reputation proceeds me. I am ship captain. I signed with a wallowing lump of fei wu freighter when I was seventeen and have made my living in the Black ever since. Even though that first ship was a public eyesore, I loved that ship and by the time it gave up the ghost six years later, I was first mate. I had some cash saved. Not much, but enough to buy my own ship."
[Gabel] 12:40 pm: Im listening *looking at ted intently*
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: "God, I look back and wonder what I was thinking when I took that rust bucket out of atmo for the first time. Thing shook so bad I couldn’t tell what was screaming louder, the ship or the mechanic trying to hold it together."
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: “Despite being small and in terrible shape, that rust bucket held together long enough to get a better ship. I named that second ship after a sweet sail powered vessel on Earth-That-Was called the Cutty Sark. She was bigger, faster, and maneuvered as smooth as Sihnon silk. Well after ten years with my shiny new ship, I was doing pretty well for myself."
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: "Not rich, but not wanting by any means, but by that time even a blind man could see war clouds brewing and I tried to steer clear of them. In the name of god and all the apostles, I tried. I sold the Cutty Sark, brought me a beautiful home on Hera and even got to live there for two whole years raising horses before that storm broke on the entire ‘Verse."
[Lazarus] 12:42 pm: "“The urge to jump in at the beginning was powerful itch I had to fight off, but I kept to my homestead and tried to live a normal life. Well imagine my shock when none other than the Cutty Sark herself drops in for a landing about three months after the war started and my entire crew wants to talk."
[Lazarus] 12:42 pm: "Her new master was my old first mate and he’d brought in General Josiah Taylor in for a visit. Taylor says he needs a few fast ships fitted out as commerce raiders and would I be willing to captain one of them. When the commander of Independent forces for all of Hera asks you something like that, you can’t say no."
[] 12:43 pm: ?me nods head
[Lazarus] 12:43 pm: "“Next thing I know I’m a privateer and it turned out that I was a good one. When Serenity Valley finished playing out, I surrendered the Cutty Sark to the first Alliance ship I could find."
[Lazarus] 12:43 pm: "I’ll spare the details of the trial, now this new love-fest the Parliament has got going on about forgiving the past got me freed, but the Feds haven’t seen fit to forgive the lien that allowed them to seize my homestead leaving me flat broke and on the drift."
[Lazarus] 12:44 pm: "“I already told you how I stashed some money in a hidden safe and if I can’t have my homestead, I mean to have that money. We’ll just have to slip onto the grounds quiet like and I can empty that safe before anyone is the wiser and I’ll be glad for a lift to anyplace you happen to be going before we go our separate ways."
[Lazarus] 12:44 pm: "Now if you don’t mind, since you said I could stay, I’d like to lie down. Those toughs are the bar smacked me around more than I like admit and at my age, a good bar brawl doesn’t sound as appealing as it did when I was in my twenties.”
[Gabel] 12:45 pm: Well Ted i cant say i agree with the alliance much these days they try but for all their good sides theres even more bad
[monster87] 12:45 pm: * hurries before him * "I'll prepare a bed for you Ted. Don't you worry about a thing"
[Gabel] 12:45 pm: And with this whole reaver situation and miranda seems the whole gorram verse has gone to Mi Tian Gohn(Shit)
[Lazarus] 12:46 pm: "The idea of the Alliance isn't a bad one, just the 'or else' part was what rubbed those that became the Independents the wrong way"
[Gabel] 12:46 pm: Hells we even had to fight off some of them gorram crazies ourselves before we even entered hera
[Gabel] 12:46 pm: Can show you some of our trophies after but as for your question
[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: "I'm sorry Reavers? I heard stories, but they are true? I didn't get much news in prison and who is Miranda?"
[Gabel] 12:47 pm: Miranda be the planet the alliance screwed over righteously so
[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: "I don't like the sound of that? Another Shadow?"
[Gabel] 12:48 pm: Gorram right the reavers are true couldt believe it myself me and my pilot here almost lost our lives
[Gabel] 12:48 pm: *Looks like of glum at the mention of shadow*
[monster87] 12:48 pm: "We've met Reavers - they're really something nasty. We got ourselves an ex-reaver on the ship. Interesting man, but pretty broken emotionally.."
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: Fox shakes his head. "And I thought things were bad during the war. If you don't mind, I'm going to lay down first and deal with this reaver thing in the morning."
[monster87] 12:50 pm: "Sure thing, got your bed prepared, if you'll just follow me"
[Gabel] 12:51 pm: Sure thing ted feel free to check the cortex for information you may have missed during the war
[Gabel] 12:51 pm: And dont you mind our refugee we rescued him from an escape pod before the reavers attacked
[Gabel] 12:51 pm: (er correction During your time in prison)
[Lazarus] 12:52 pm: "Thank you again Captian."
[monster87] 12:52 pm: * leads him away *
[Lazarus] 12:52 pm: Fox hits the fresher and turns in immediately afterwards
[monster87] 12:52 pm: * comes back some time later (after explaining everything from bathroom to toothbrush) *
[monster87] 12:53 pm: "Quite something to have the Black Fox on our ship, right cap'n?"
[Gabel] 12:53 pm: Heh if only Jackson could see me now *trailing off* Yeah quite the famous person he is
[Gabel] 12:54 pm: Be on the watch though people have bad blood after the war and somebody as known has him is going to draw attention so dont mention him to others
[monster87] 12:55 pm: "Aye Cap'n"
[Gabel] 12:55 pm: And try and keep it quiet about our ex-reaver people mite think your crazy no offence girl but i aint ever heard of an ex-reaver if it werent for the facts that presented themselves
[Gabel] 12:56 pm: This whole situations a mite bit peculiar but sure is fun i guess havent been in this much trouble since i refused orders during the war
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: Roto has left at 12:57 pm+
[Gabel] 12:57 pm: *sighs* No good deed goes unpunished remember that boomer *walks off towards his cabin*
[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: Unless you want to do something else tonight, we can go ahead and fast forward to morning
[Gabel] 12:58 pm: Thats me heading to bed
[Gabel] 12:58 pm: :p
[Gabel] 12:58 pm: (Im just Rping you can continue with the plot)
[monster87] 12:58 pm: "Who's in for an evening stroll?"
[] 12:58 pm: (ok with me, my wounds all healed next day?
[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: ok.
[Lazarus] 12:59 pm: (Yes, the final point clears in the morning)
[monster87] 12:59 pm: we,,
[] 12:59 pm: "nice offer Boomer, but need bed rest a bit early. Raincheck?
[monster87] 1:00 pm: "Sure you were already sweet all day. Guess I better be heading to bed too. See ya * blows a kiss * "
[Lazarus] 1:00 pm: The next morning....
[Lazarus] 1:01 pm: THe ship is surrounded by thousands of peasants with pitchforks screaming 'Burn the WITHC!"
[Lazarus] 1:01 pm: Oh wait, wrong plot
[Gabel] 1:01 pm: Your joking
[Gabel] 1:01 pm: Hah you did it to many times !
[Gabel] 1:01 pm: Damn your shennanigans
[] 1:01 pm: ( GM check your RPG...
[monster87] 1:01 pm: haha
[Lazarus] 1:01 pm: "Next morning dawns a bit gray as if rain threatens"
[monster87] 1:02 pm: * up first to prepare an awesome breakfast for a great day *
[monster87] 1:02 pm: * singing softly while preparing breakfast *
[Lazarus] 1:02 pm: Fox is up early and sits in the common room with a cup of tea.
[monster87] 1:02 pm: "So Ted, What's your favorite for breakfast? What can I prepare for you?
[Lazarus] 1:03 pm: "I scanned the Cortex on this Reaver mess and that 'Miranda' broadcast. Whoever sent that out were some fine citizens."
[Gabel] 1:03 pm: So Ted you sleep well i hope *sitting down at the table*
[Gabel] 1:04 pm: Im sure they risked alot to get that message out i know a bit to much of how the alliance deals with things on the inside *sigh's*
[Lazarus] 1:04 pm: "If they are still alive that is, The Allaince wouldn't want a story like that to get out. No wonder the Parliament is in a uproar"
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: Max_Writer has left at 1:04 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:05 pm: "What ever you have that isn't gruel Boomer. Prison makes one less finicky thatn you would imagine."
[Gabel] 1:05 pm: *chuckles* As i said ted the verse is on the brink of chaos and we are staring into the maw of it
[Gabel] 1:05 pm: Give him some of our fresh food boomer
[Lazarus] 1:05 pm: "I am too damn old for another war Captain."
[monster87] 1:05 pm: * already on it * (still singing and preparing something huge)
[] 1:07 pm: (brb, biobreak
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: has left at 1:07 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:07 pm: "I always knew in my gut I was on the right side of the U-War, but I guess none of us knew how right we were." Trying to turn people 'docile' that is madness beyond madness."
[Gabel] 1:08 pm: War certainly does nobody any favours but theres always people who profit from it as well *mumbling something about sons and fathers*
[Lazarus] 1:08 pm: Fox nods as a light goes off. "I see. War split lots of families son."
[Gabel] 1:09 pm: But the verse aint ready for another war not with this reaver threat looming there were millions of citizens on that planet dont want to think about how many of those crazies are out there
[monster87] 1:09 pm: * goes to put plates and things on the table *
[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: "You are right about another war and speaking of the last war, while scanning the cortex, I saw the captures of the war memorial. I would sure like to be able to see that."
[Gabel] 1:10 pm: Well Ted i was going to visit there to pay my respects to both sides today
[Gabel] 1:10 pm: You can join me if you like
[Lazarus] 1:11 pm: "If you do not mind the added risk, I would like to go."
[Gabel] 1:11 pm: If any young rapskallians turn up im sure we can chase them off with a stern tone of voice
[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: "I learned a long time ago that 'hope' is not a viable course of action, but we can sure give it a try."
[Gabel] 1:13 pm: *chuckles* Between the two of us im sure we will be fine unless anybody else wants to join us *looking around the table*
[monster87] 1:13 pm: "Now you gents don't be talking this morning black with war and such. It's a mighty fine morning in great company - and .. with mighty fine breakfast! * she says the last as she brings in plates with steaming loaves of bread and other goodies, probably obtained from somewhere in the city. *
[Gabel] 1:13 pm: Hot damn boomer you sure can cook
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: Does the refugee join you?
[Gabel] 1:14 pm: Sure
[monster87] 1:14 pm: "Wish I could say I done this myself - but that's compliments to the baker"
[Gabel] 1:14 pm: I will always make sure to invite him to dinner
[Lazarus] 1:14 pm: ok, wasn't sure if he ate in his rom
[Gabel] 1:15 pm: Well if he did not want to eat with us he would just eat in his room if not he eats with us :)
[Lazarus] 1:15 pm: As Fox sits down to eat, when the refugee enters. he leaps to his feet. "Shen sheng de gao wan!"
[Gabel] 1:15 pm: Calm down there its only our refugee i talked about last night
[monster87] 1:15 pm: Thought we needed to celebrate a bit. a) for staying together this long, b) for getting our first ... (is interuptted by Fox)
[Lazarus] 1:16 pm: "Oh..oh...I am so sorry. I had no idea..the cortex didn't describe what , er, they looked like."
[Gabel] 1:16 pm: Trust me they were much much worse then that the ones we spaced
[Gabel] 1:16 pm: This fellah we rescued from an escape pod
[Gabel] 1:17 pm: He cant remember his name though
[Lazarus] 1:17 pm: THe refugee flinches, but when Fox calms down, he does too. "Thith ith why I muth go away."
[Gabel] 1:17 pm: Hey now i know people's initial reactions are somewhat mixed *looking at the refugee* But were nice enough folk arent we *passing the bread to the refugee*
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: "My god and the Alliance did this?"
[monster87] 1:18 pm: "No no. He just needed a moment - you just look a bit.. unusual, is all. No need to avoid all people"
[monster87] 1:18 pm: (that was to the ex-reaver)
[Gabel] 1:18 pm: I gots no clue what hand the alliance did Ted but the crazies we met werent men they had gone beyond madness
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: "No he ith right and it ith what I wanth."
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: "But the broadcast said this Pax stuff caused the madness."
[Gabel] 1:19 pm: That it did
[Gabel] 1:19 pm: But the men we met werent men they were beasts stripped of all intelligence
[Gabel] 1:20 pm: You should of heard their screams when they came tearing down the hallway of my ship *with a stern look on his face*
[Lazarus] 1:20 pm: "I will not speak more on this. Boomer has made us a fine meal, as fine as I have seen in seven years and I will not spoil it with talk of this."
[Gabel] 1:20 pm: True
[Gabel] 1:20 pm: *Digs in to his food*
[monster87] 1:20 pm: "Good, then let's all sit down and enjoy"
[Lazarus] 1:21 pm: The meal is actually quite good and even the refugee tries to be sociable
[Lazarus] 1:21 pm: Once the plates are cleaned, you are ready to face the day
[Gabel] 1:21 pm: Well hows about we go see the memorial maybe we can spot some nice places for you to stay *looking at the refugee*
[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: Ian seems down at the lack of work and begs off from going to the memorial, but Ray decides to go.
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: Xesseh has left at 1:22 pm+
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:22 pm: how much did the meal cost :P or doesn't it matter
[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: "Yeth, any remoth playth will do."
[] 1:23 pm: "I'll go to the memorial too. Sounds intersting
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:23 pm: you used some of the last of your fresh food from the farm
[monster87] 1:23 pm: "sure ill join"
[Gabel] 1:23 pm: Well do you want to join us now or later when we found a decent place for you ?
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:23 pm: ok
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: Prepping the single functional shuttle does not take long and the six of you lift without problem
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: Alex feels the responsiveness of the shuttle and wishes that there was some way to make the Angel maneuver as well.
[] 1:25 pm: "this lil boat handles nicley
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: Bringing up the GPS system, it only take a few minutes to find a remote wild life preserve on the southern continent. The trip takes close to an hour before Alex flares in for a landing.
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: The refugee, with only a small knapsack of clothes, and a couple knives, is ready to depart
[Gabel] 1:27 pm: Well its been a pleasure but dont forget if you ever need our help just contact us over the cortex
[Gabel] 1:27 pm: I give the refugee some food as well
[monster87] 1:28 pm: "Are you really sure this is what you want? We'd be happy to take care of you until you recover more fully.."
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: "I will never recoveth enouth to liveth in yourth world again."
[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: "Thankth youth again for...everything. Please, travel well and forget youth ever meth me. It ith beth for all of uth."
[Gabel] 1:29 pm: A good medical facility could restore you
[Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 7]: Gunhaven has left at 1:29 pm+
[monster87] 1:29 pm: * to capn* "Cap'n, it feels bad to leave someone out here"
[Gabel] 1:29 pm: Its his choice boomer ya cant force a man to do what he dont want to if hes set in his ways
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: "Ith not the outthide, that ith the problem, nothing can everth rethore my inthides."
[Gabel] 1:30 pm: We all live with things even us not from your so called pack
[monster87] 1:30 pm: "ye.."
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: "Youth have thown me a kindneth I can noth repay. Good bye."
[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: He steps back and starts to walk
[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: He stops at the tree line and waves
[monster87] 1:31 pm: * waves back, tears in her eyes *
[Gabel] 1:31 pm: *waves back* *Yells* Remember if you ever need anything we will come back
[Gabel] 1:32 pm: Well i hope he makes it
[monster87] 1:32 pm: "Yeah me too.."
[Gabel] 1:32 pm: I guess some things just arent ment to be *Stepping back into the shuttle*
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: He turns and walks off into the woods and is lost to sight
[] 1:33 pm: checks his wallet just in case
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: "A remarkable...person. If he could live through what was done to him. These woos will pose no serious problem for him."
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: (LOL star)
[Gabel] 1:34 pm: Well i guess we better go pay our respects Alex get us out of here
[] 1:34 pm: "ok Boss
[monster87] 1:35 pm: "You sure he'll be allright Cap'n?"
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: As soon as the hatch is closed, Alex lifts and makes the nearly two hour flight to the Serenity Valley
[Gabel] 1:35 pm: Im sure he will be Boomer as ted said if he survived reavers he can survive on his own
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: The flight is long, but when you start to get close, you can see the memorial for miles, the hills are covered in little white dots that resolve into grave markers, thousands, upon thousands, upon thousands.
[] 1:37 pm: "my God
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: Only then does the full magnitude of the tragedy that occurred here strke you and you can wrap you head around the mind numbing number of 500,000. The numbe of casualties that died during the Battle of Serenity Valley
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: The feeling is more than somber as Alex lands in the designated area
[monster87] 1:39 pm: "Woah, I never imagined this much sadness in one place"
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: There are hover buses to take visitors to the center and the main memorial
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: Fox makes a single choked sob. "My god, we did this to ourselves."
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: FADE TO BLACK