Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 8:47 am+
[Lazarus] 8:47 am: Welcome to P&PG Chat.
[General Chatter]: Gabel has entered at 8:56 am+
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:00 am: Blue Blood (Heroes Handbook) Dont know why i did not notice it until now but that trait is perfectly suited for my last name
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:00 am: + it works as an offshoot complication if the name causes problems for me
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:01 am: I see you are still tinkering. However, considering John walked away from all that, I'm not 100% sure the Blue Blood really fits any more
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:01 am: He walked away but still carries the name
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:02 am: You have a title—inherited or earned—or a well-known
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:03 am: Frankly i just wanted to keep johns traits/skills in par with his backstory as possible
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:03 am: Obviously he will learn new tricks of the trade as he progresses long as he dont die
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:04 am: or get eaten
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:05 am: Gorram reavers
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:05 am: Kinda threw them in fast ya git 3 sessions in and we already knee deep in gore lol
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:06 am: Reavers were in the Serenity pilot LOL!
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:07 am: True but their tough buggers
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:07 am: They are. Reavers are NO joke. so far, you are in elite company, people that have fought reavers and lived
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:09 am: however, the adventure isn't over yet. mwahahahaha
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:09 am: This is were i see john going in the future (As for exp upgrades) because ive been thinking about how i want him to progress
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:09 am: If he dont die obviously or get eaten ect
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:09 am: Survival and Zero-G or Space Survival as he has been in the salvage business
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:10 am: I take it you've read Frankie's advice on salvage
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:10 am: Oh that reminds me could you relink that site
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:10 am: i lost it
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:11 am: Gotta put it in favorites this time
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:11 am: And yeah i did read through them
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:13 am: http://www.peracles-rpg.com
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:13 am: Other skills i want to upgrade is his unshakable trait so he dont have to roll (unless unusual situations occur) + His leadership
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:14 am: Thanks
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:14 am: But anyway i know what i want done im just having a hard time what to pick first heh
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:22 am: Anyway about the Blue Bloods laz Iskellian is a well known name across the verse (Goverment contracts and whatnot) (Obviously i dont care about that or John dont cause he escaped from that life) But his name still sticks with him and that still pulls weight even if they dont like him Master should reward you with Plot Points as if it were a Complication.
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:23 am: Woups sec need to copy paste that last part
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:23 am: If your title or name ever causes you problems, the Game Master should reward you with Plot Points as if it were a Complication
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:25 am: Could i get this trait for 10 points and pickup an equal complication for 10 points and have it as a major (Only to reflect that Iskellian is a well known name with most likely well known enemies)
[General Chatter]: starjunky has entered at 9:31 am+
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:38 am: I guess it makes some sense, but it seems to me that by denouncing his family, none of it really applies to John
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:41 am: Yeah but he was a blue blood at one point in time his name Is a clear factor of it even if he has gone against his fathers wishes going down his own path much to his fathers chagrin leaving john nothing of his inheretance
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:42 am: Its not his actions or his words its just the fact he carries the name around he bears the name of a blue blood even if he aint one
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:43 am: You gain a +2 Skill step to rolls to Infuence in those power structures, though they may not like you much. (Thats all it does)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:45 am: But i was thinking for more of the sake that The Iskellian name might have enemies
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:45 am: Since it serves as a complication as well
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:46 am: But then i dont really need a trait to do that i suppose im already called Iskellian people know the name nothing i can do about it either way
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:47 am: agree
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:47 am: Nm Forget about the blue blood thing its better to just Roleplay it in and you can play it out with your gm powers anyway
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:47 am: Okay as for upgrades
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:48 am: Ive thought about it i was stuck between getting Dodge (as ive been doing alot of it lately) Or Thing's Go Smooth since we just survived a reaver attack
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:48 am: dodge is one of the most critical skills there is
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:48 am: Then i will get a D8 Dodge
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:48 am: Just put it up straight away
[General Chatter]: Throol has entered at 9:49 am+
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:49 am: Things Go smooth, even at major level can only be used twice per session, Dodge is unlimited
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:49 am: That leaves me with 12 points
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:49 am: kk
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:50 am: Now i wanted to either get Survival to reflect my (Salvage past)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:51 am: Or get Another d8 influence special like conversation or persuasion
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:51 am: if you want to spend 6 points to buy survival at d4, that is fine with me
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:51 am: Oh you will let me do that ?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:52 am: sure, the rules state one skill one step, but survival isn't a game changer at the moment
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:55 am: you want to spend the points?
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:55 am: (Quick sec im just looking over Frankies advice lol)
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:55 am: kk
[Lazarus] 9:56 am: I created room "Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 6"
[General Chatter]: Throol has left at 9:57 am+
Welcome! You have entered [Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 6] at 9:57 am+
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 6]: Gabel has entered at 9:57 am+
[Throol] 9:57 am: I'm chuggiin caffeine, trying to get ready
[Gabel] 9:57 am: And their hungry
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 6]: starjunky has entered at 9:57 am+
[Lazarus] 9:58 am: Session 6 of Serenity Out of the Ashes - Gm - Lazarus, players Throol, Gabel, and starjunky.
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:58 am: if you get a chance see, if you can find Rein
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:58 am: Sec gotta log into skype
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:59 am: Hes online
[Lazarus] 9:59 am: As the scene opens, the Fire Angel has her main systems barely functioning from a Reaver EMP burst
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:59 am: But game dont start until 1 more hour right ?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:59 am: nope, 1 more minute
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:00 am: Ah fuck we changed our clocks back here
[Lazarus] 10:01 am: Outside the ship The IAV Retribution is drifting from damaged suffered when the Reaver mother ship rammed the Alliance Longbow class patrol cruiser
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:01 am: LOL< we haven't changed yet
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:01 am: Yeah we did it few days ago
[Lazarus] 10:02 am: The Reaver hit aft, so the Alliance ship's engines are damaged, but the rest of the ship is in fairly decent condition
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:02 am: (Thought i had more time to check skills but fudge)
[Lazarus] 10:02 am: The Reaver ship is rapidly cooling plasma
[Throol] 10:02 am: cooling plasma?
[Lazarus] 10:02 am: adding to the other two drifted debris already here from the refugee's ship
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: As things stand, you can still make your delivery and even divert to make a run at the hoard the refugee told you about
[Lazarus] 10:04 am: but you can not wait if you are going to do both
[Gabel] 10:04 am: But that refugee did not actualy tell us yet did he ?
[Lazarus] 10:04 am: He has not told you where it is yet
[Lazarus] 10:04 am: You got a little sidetracked
[Gabel] 10:04 am: He said he would if we brought him to the planet if i can rememeber correctly
[Lazarus] 10:05 am: oh yeah, and a Reaver shuttle is still docked with your ship's upper airlock
[Lazarus] 10:05 am: He offered the hoard for transportation to a remote part of any planet
[Gabel] 10:05 am: Ahhh
[Throol] 10:05 am: "We can come back for the stuff, right? Get the job done and get repaired, then come back!"
[Gabel] 10:05 am: Then that makes more sense
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: No one has asked that question
[Throol] 10:06 am: (I just did)
[Lazarus] 10:07 am: You are all still on the upper deck, with dead reavers and a bleeding john and Alex
[Gabel] 10:07 am: Ian Alex i need you to go disengage the shuttle from our airlock grab anything if theres valuables but be quick about it dont know if the gorram reavers will be back
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 6]: monster87 has entered at 10:07 am+
[Lazarus] 10:07 am: hey Rein
[monster87] 10:07 am: hi
[Gabel] 10:07 am: There he is :)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:07 am: (Got him back)
[Throol] 10:07 am: "Done." Ian reloads, then heads to the airlock.
[starjunky] 10:07 am: (4W, 4S of damge to Alex
[Lazarus] 10:07 am: Boomer is in the engine room trying to restore full power
[monster87] 10:07 am: it's a good thing alex has me on skype, otherwise I would've have known you guys don't apply daylight savings or however that works differently :P
[Lazarus] 10:08 am: We do have it, but we haven't changed yet
[Throol] 10:08 am: Huh? Daylight savings is next Sunday, I think
[Lazarus] 10:08 am: they changed the dates a few years ago
[monster87] 10:08 am: ow lol
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:08 am: Thanks
[monster87] 10:08 am: it was this sunday here, but I'm here so it's ok
[Lazarus] 10:09 am: Okay, alex and Ian head aft to release the shuttle
[Lazarus] 10:09 am: ALex is moving slowly because of his wounds
[Lazarus] 10:10 am: John is in pain, but is still standing their with a half a dozen dead reavers at his feet
[Lazarus] 10:10 am: but he can't tell if they look better alive or dead
[Lazarus] 10:10 am: t least the dead ones are trying to kill him
[Gabel] 10:10 am: Heads off to the bridge
[Throol] 10:10 am: I keep an eye out for reavers along the way, don't want any ambushing Alex as he follows
[Gabel] 10:10 am: *Picks up coms* This is the Fire angel Captain John Helios Iskellian speaking thank you for the assistance but i see you are in some gorram trouble yourselves we barely have engines running after getting hit by the emp blast
[Lazarus] 10:11 am: As john reaches the bridge, he has minimal systems
[Lazarus] 10:11 am: but can see the communications is pinging
[Gabel] 10:11 am: (We have coms now right ?)
[Gabel] 10:11 am: Well i pick up Coms
[Lazarus] 10:12 am: limited. Pride-Class vessel Fire Angel, this is IAV Retribution. You are in a known pirate area and are advised to leave the area immediately. We are in no condition to offer any assistence
[Gabel] 10:14 am: *Picks up coms* This is the Fire angel Captain John Helios Iskellian speaking thank you for the assistance our engines are barely running but we will get out of here as soon as we can
[Gabel] 10:14 am: Do you need us to notify alliance of your current position.
[Lazarus] 10:15 am: "Retribution out." The singal closes abrutly and with notes of attitude from the Allaince crewman
[Lazarus] 10:15 am: Do Ian and Alex enter the shuttle or just seal the lock and cut it loose?
[Gabel] 10:16 am: Well screw them then *mumbling obscenities*
[Lazarus] 10:16 am: Boomer, make three Intelligence + mech eng/repair rolls
[Gabel] 10:16 am: Im gonna head down to medbay
[starjunky] 10:17 am: "any reason to seatch the shuttle, Ian? They seemed to be using pretty primitive weapons"
[Lazarus] 10:17 am: Ray sees you coming and is waiting with his medkit
[Lazarus] 10:17 am: "Guess we can consider ourselves lucky I suppose."
[Gabel] 10:18 am: Tis but a fleshwound doc take a look at it once we are on our way ineed to speak to our refugee
[monster87] 10:19 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 10:19 am:

-> 1d12 (6)+ 1d10 (1) = 7


[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:19 am: Btw i picked up a D8 in Persuasion
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:19 am: Fucking forgot to say.
[Throol] 10:19 am: "Not a thorough search, no, but a quick look-see might be worth it."
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:19 am: when was that? persuasion instead of survival?
[Lazarus] 10:19 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)
[Lazarus] 10:19 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d8 (5) = 10


[starjunky] 10:20 am: "ok, sounds good"
[Lazarus] 10:20 am: starts rolling some dice: (d2)
[Lazarus] 10:20 am:

-> 1d2 (1)


[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:20 am: I got the D8 in Persuasion and a D2 in Survival
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:20 am: so no dodge?
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:20 am: I got the dodge as well
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:20 am: 20 Exp
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:20 am: D8 dodge D8 Persuasion D2 Survival
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:21 am: thats 20 right ?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:21 am: ok, that will leave you with 2
[Gabel] 10:21 am: *moves slowly to the guy they saved* Look i need to know for sure that this hoard you talked about is not swarming with gorram reavers i promised i will get you safely to the planet but i need to know do we need to move now or can we head planetside for repairs first
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:21 am: okay
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:21 am: :)
[Lazarus] 10:21 am: Ray binds up Johns wounds
[Lazarus] 10:22 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10)
[Lazarus] 10:22 am:

-> 1d10 (3)


[Lazarus] 10:22 am: John is down to 4S and 3W
[Lazarus] 10:23 am: the stun will come off at one point per hour
[Gabel] 10:23 am: Okay
[Lazarus] 10:23 am: the wounds will take 3 days before you can roll to heal
[Gabel] 10:23 am: Can i use plot points to heal ?
[Gabel] 10:23 am: (I thought i saw something about that last session)
[Lazarus] 10:23 am: Not at this point
[Gabel] 10:24 am: kk
[Lazarus] 10:24 am: YOu can use them to reduce the damage when they happen
[Gabel] 10:24 am: Ahhh
[Lazarus] 10:24 am: Who goes first to look at he shuttle?
[Lazarus] 10:25 am: roll twice more Boomer
[Gabel] 10:25 am: (I guess im just sitting on the table talking to the *ex reaver* about the hoard)
[Throol] 10:25 am: (I get there first, moving faster)
[monster87] 10:25 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 10:25 am:

-> 1d12 (1)+ 1d10 (5) = 6


[monster87] 10:25 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 10:25 am:

-> 1d12 (8)+ 1d10 (3) = 11


[Lazarus] 10:25 am: The refugee looks shaken, but when he realizes the others aren't coming, he relaxes a bit
[Lazarus] 10:26 am: Okay, the Ship's full lighting is restored as main power comes back online. The main engines however are still not fully restored
[Lazarus] 10:27 am: Ian looks into the shuttle and despite his unflappable natue, he is still stunned by the smell and sickening sight
[Gabel] 10:27 am: We killed em they wont be comming but i need to know about the location of that horde alliance vessels just outside damaged i promised i would not hand you over to them so i wont thats my word i kept you safe from the reavers now you need to do something for me
[Lazarus] 10:27 am: If there is anything to be found in the shuttle, it is not obvious
[Lazarus] 10:28 am: "The treathure ith in the hulk of old old sthripped sthip."
[Throol] 10:28 am: (on comm to captain) "Captain, we looking for anything specific in this shuttle? Nothing obvious here."
[Lazarus] 10:29 am: "Youth with haveth to sthneak path the patroths
[Gabel] 10:29 am: But im guessing thats *cant believe he is saying this* Reaver territory If we go there now wont we get attacked ?
[Gabel] 10:29 am: *picking up coms* Just dump the shuttle if you cant find anything we gonn get outta here fast as possible
[Lazarus] 10:30 am: "Youth donth haveth mucth time ast the packth ith on the hunt and will return thoon."
[Throol] 10:30 am: "Roger that."
[Lazarus] 10:31 am: Dropping back down into the Fire Angel, it doesn't take much to undog the clamps and leave the shuttle drifting free
[Throol] 10:31 am: Ian heads back to rendezvous with Alex and jettison the shuttle.
[Gabel] 10:31 am: Okay look can you tell us when they hunt and if we have time to leave you on the planet then go after the hoard or if we need to leave now
[Lazarus] 10:31 am: "Yeth, the thip ith in their packth's territory."
[Gabel] 10:32 am: Seems gorram dangerous but i promised to get you safely to the planet first and we got a job to do so lets do it
[Lazarus] 10:32 am: "The hunt wilth not lathe that long. Youth havth maybe ten hourths topsth"
[Gabel] 10:33 am: *stops for a sec*
[Lazarus] 10:33 am: You do know your cargo cushion will support that diversion, but you will arrive with about four hours remaining
[Gabel] 10:33 am: we have 10 hours to get there but what about reaver patrols around the areas or are they all gone for those 10 hours ?
[Lazarus] 10:34 am: "Noth allth"
[Gabel] 10:34 am: Can you get us safely through the patroles ?
[Lazarus] 10:34 am: "Youth will eitherth have to lure them awayth or look liketh one of them"
[Gabel] 10:35 am: How are we supposed to lure them away
[Lazarus] 10:35 am: I assume Alex will make his way to the medbay?
[starjunky] 10:35 am: ( yeah, after searching shuttle I head for patch up
[Lazarus] 10:36 am: "Theyth can'th rethith the call of a woundith prey"
[Gabel] 10:36 am: (How many dead reavers do we have on our ship ?)
[Lazarus] 10:36 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)
[Lazarus] 10:36 am:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d8 (2) = 5


[Lazarus] 10:37 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8)
[Lazarus] 10:37 am:

-> 1d8 (1)


[Gabel] 10:37 am: (4 - 6 ?)
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: Ray patches up Alex as best he can, but Alex is cut deep enough to need stitches and does not recover any wounds. Ray does give him enough pain killers that the stun goes away leaving alex 0S 4W
[starjunky] 10:38 am: "thx Doc
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: their are six reaver bodies on the upper deck
[Gabel] 10:38 am: Hey Alex
[Throol] 10:38 am: (he can't stitch him up?? that's pretty basic)
[Lazarus] 10:39 am: He did, but Cortex is not very forgiving on Wound damge
[starjunky] 10:39 am: "yeah, Capn?
[Gabel] 10:39 am: You well enough to fly us out of here
[Gabel] 10:39 am: Or you need to rest i can probably fly her if need be
[Gabel] 10:39 am: *looking both at the doc and alex*
[Lazarus] 10:40 am: everyone can roll Intelligence + Perception, except for Boomer who is busy fixing engines
[starjunky] 10:40 am: "you bet" ( do I suffar any pilot penalties from 4W?)
[Throol] 10:40 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 10:40 am:

-> 2d6 (4,6 = 10)


[Gabel] 10:40 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Gabel] 10:40 am:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d6 (2) = 3


[Lazarus] 10:40 am: Alex can fly. He just won't be winning any dance contests any time soon
[starjunky] 10:40 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[starjunky] 10:40 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d6 (6) = 11


[Lazarus] 10:40 am: Alex was listening as the refugee was speaking
[Lazarus] 10:41 am: He figures it's not impossible to camoflage the ship, but a fake signal is pretty easy to make
[Gabel] 10:41 am: Look i figures this here hoards to gorram dangerous there might be lots of creds there but just look what 6 of these gorram things did
[Lazarus] 10:42 am: "Ith all I haveth to offerth"
[Gabel] 10:42 am: Alex maybe you or boomer can make a crybaby that might draw the reavers out
[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:43 am: Fake signalling device is called a crybaby and Boomer can probably put one together from spare parts
[Gabel] 10:43 am: Gives us free reign to the stash and time to get out
[starjunky] 10:44 am: "yep, I can help Boomer make one from spare parts I betcha
[Lazarus] 10:44 am: Boomer wanders down catching the build part, but not the what part
[Gabel] 10:44 am: Hey Boomer
[Gabel] 10:44 am: Look we got little time and even less if we gonna make our haul as well
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:44 am: engines are functional again, but Hard Burn is going to be real dicey to use
[starjunky] 10:44 am: "ever build a crybaby fake signal box, Boomer?
[Gabel] 10:45 am: (Im guessing we can make our haul if we move now right ?)
[Lazarus] 10:45 am: Yes, it will be close
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:45 am: ok
[Gabel] 10:45 am: (and if we go for the horde we still got a 4 hour cushion to get planetside?)
[Lazarus] 10:45 am: of your 24 hours, you figure if nothing else goes wrong, you will arrive with 4 hours to spare
[monster87] 10:45 am: "Hi guys. I fixed her. Well enough to fly again anyway"
[Gabel] 10:45 am: That includes getting the horde
[Gabel] 10:45 am: ?
[monster87] 10:46 am: "A crybaby fake signal. Can't say that I have, but shouldn't be to hard to program our crybaby"
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:46 am: as far as you know, there are a lot of viarables, but if the hoard is as big as the refugee implies, the cargo may not matter all that much
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:47 am: You can build one from spare parts and drop it out the airlock on the way in
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:48 am: So i would have to get rid of our current cargo ?
[Lazarus] 10:48 am: As the ship has power again. Alex can head to the bridge and after making a few course corrections, you can get back on course
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:48 am: isn't it easier to just reprogram our crybaby? seems easier (since I don't have to build a new one) and i'm better at computers anyway
[Gabel] 10:48 am: Alex power her up get us out of here
[Lazarus] 10:48 am: Boomer can start on the cry baby while Alex is busy
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:48 am: you don't have a crybaby
[monster87] 10:48 am: "So I'll just start on that crybaby then Cap'n?"
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:49 am: and if you program your own communications array, it will just draw attention to you
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:49 am: ah thought that the captain had one, which we used to call the alliance
[Gabel] 10:49 am: Yeah feel free to take some parts from one of the shuttles we have that aint working
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:49 am: He might not want to toss that out the airlock
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:49 am: well ok I'll build something simple then
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:49 am: a crybaby is make from simple spare parts
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:50 am: Its just i feel john would not skim out on honest folk just to earn a quick buck
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: If you plunder the two non-functional shuttles, it will be pretty easy to build cry babies
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: it will be harder to get the shuttles back online though
[Gabel] 10:50 am: Wait a second
[Gabel] 10:50 am: Im just gonna gather the crew and discuss this at the moment
[Gabel] 10:51 am: (Lets just say we meet up at the bridge have a talk while alex pilots us on course)
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:51 am: (btw don't forget that I have Ego Signature as a flaw, so there'll be a small hint that it was me in the code or something. Haven't really thought it out, but it'll not be too easy to trace to me, but it will be able to trace to the fact that I'm a superb hacker (like finding 'Neo' as a hacker in the Matrix, but not Mr Anderson)
[starjunky] 10:52 am: *lights up a refreshing cig after getting teh boat on course*
[monster87] 10:52 am: "ok, I'll join you then"
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:52 am: no code in a crybaby. It's just a simple transmitter
[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:52 am: roll int + plioting
[Gabel] 10:52 am: Look this here situation is a mite bit peculiar for me i aint got gripes with the fellah we rescued he offered us a haul but we already got one i feel it aint right if we have to dump the one we have for another one
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:53 am: well maybe I couldn't resist scraching a nuke - my icon which refers to my hacker alias
[Throol] 10:53 am: "Nope. Not a good way to build a rep, get access to more jobs."
[Gabel] 10:53 am: At least we build up a better reputation of hauling when we actualy haul was is asked of us if we have to dump this load in favour of another how r we sposed to explain that
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:54 am: ok
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:54 am: not have to,. just an option
[starjunky] 10:54 am: (int + pilot)
[starjunky] 10:55 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d12)
[starjunky] 10:55 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d12 (11) = 16


[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:55 am: if the treasure is valuable enough, the shipping job won't matter as much
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:55 am: doesn't necesarly have to amount to anything here, but just in general I'll either leave a hint in the code or a small icon, just to tell folks it's me, the famous hacker and superb engineer . Of course It'll never connect to my real name. I don't even exist in the Cortex anyway
[Gabel] 10:55 am: Im all for making money and all but i say if we got to the horde we get what we can carry nothing more
[Lazarus] 10:56 am: Alex works magic with the navigation and shaves off two hours giving you roughly a six our cushion
[monster87] 10:56 am: "If you want my opinion Cap'n, I say we've seen enough Reavers for now. It was mighty scary, and Alex almost died..." (lets her words trail off)
[Gabel] 10:56 am: Yeah and theres that to
[starjunky] 10:56 am: "found us a nice gravity-assist boost, capn'
[Throol] 10:57 am: "Only way I wanna go to Reaver Planet is as part of a massive armada to go blow it to hell."
[Gabel] 10:57 am: Good job Alex *pats him lightly on the shoulder* Not bad for a wounded fellah *lets on a slight smile*
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:57 am: roll int + tech eng
[Gabel] 10:57 am: Well i say we get rid of our current haul and cut our losses
[Gabel] 10:57 am: forget about this whole reaver business
[monster87] 10:58 am: "Ok, so I'll not create the crybaby?"
[Gabel] 10:58 am: At least we know we are getting paid once we hit planetside
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:58 am: for what?
[Gabel] 10:58 am: And we know the location we might be able to trick the reavers some other time
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:58 am: to build the cry baby
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:59 am: I'm guessing we're not doing that.. I'm waiting for gabel's response
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:59 am: which you might not be doing now
[Gabel] 10:59 am: Well looks like we all agree lets forget about this haul and lick our wounds for now
[monster87] 11:00 am: "Aye"
[Lazarus] 11:00 am: well you don't know the location of the horad
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 6]: Jame Rowe has left at 11:00 am+
[Lazarus] 11:00 am: just the general area of the reaver teritory
[Gabel] 11:00 am: Ahh
[monster87] 11:00 am: "And Ace. Try not to use our Hard Burn. It'll probably do more damage than good at this point"
[monster87] 11:01 am: * smiles *
[Gabel] 11:01 am: Just get us out of reaver space and im gonna sleep safer
[starjunky] 11:01 am: "oke, Boomer. Good job on the repairs
[monster87] 11:02 am: "Thanks. It was nothin'" * blushes *
[Gabel] 11:02 am: Yes a mighty fine job to all of you
[Gabel] 11:02 am: I need a cold drink once i get planetside *starts walking to his room with the turned off distress beacon*
[Lazarus] 11:02 am: So the plan is to just head for Ezra?
[Gabel] 11:02 am: Yeah
[Lazarus] 11:03 am: okay
[Gabel] 11:03 am: I Put my distress beacon back with my belongings then i go back to the doc
[monster87] 11:03 am: I'm going to do a bit of checking on our systems
[monster87] 11:03 am: going through the logs and systems etc
[monster87] 11:03 am: tech eng /roll 1d12+1d12
[monster87] 11:04 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d12)
[monster87] 11:04 am:

-> 1d12 (6)+ 1d12 (7) = 13


[Gabel] 11:04 am: Also once we hit normal territory
[Lazarus] 11:04 am: What are you going to do with the reaver bodies?
[Throol] 11:04 am: (airlock)
[Throol] 11:04 am: (unless there's a bounty
[Lazarus] 11:04 am: no bounty
[Gabel] 11:05 am: Well we strip them of any ammo and guns
[Lazarus] 11:05 am: Okay, as you drag the bodies to the cargo bay so you can dump all the bodies in one cycle of the airlock
[Lazarus] 11:06 am: Of the six, four had rifles of a sort, heavily modified
[Lazarus] 11:06 am: John and Ian roll Alertness + Perception rolls
[Gabel] 11:06 am: You know *looking at the bodies being piled up* if we get into trouble with the shipping guy we could always use this as leverage
[Throol] 11:07 am: "Might as well keep the gear."
[Throol] 11:07 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 11:07 am:

-> 2d6 (4,1 = 5)


[Gabel] 11:07 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Gabel] 11:07 am:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (2) = 10


[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:08 am: As the bodies are being dumped, you notice the shipping labels on the cargo is staring to bleed color
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:09 am: The hells
[Lazarus] 11:09 am: You've got the four rifles as well as the various hacking/cutting weapons
[Lazarus] 11:09 am: might make interesting barter
[Gabel] 11:10 am: Whats that comming off our shipping lables
[Gabel] 11:10 am: *takes a closer look*
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:12 am: On closer inspection, the outer layer peels away to reveal that the expiration dates are not six months from now, but within a week
[Lazarus] 11:12 am: The inner lock closes and with the simple push of a button, the horrid reaver things are sucked out into the void
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:13 am: That is less than a day after you arrive
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:13 am: The cargo is essentially worthless
[Gabel] 11:13 am: *Kicks the wall cursing*
[Lazarus] 11:13 am: another push of a button and the airlock closes
[Gabel] 11:15 am: *Cursing obscenely*
[Gabel] 11:15 am: This gorram cargo is useless
[monster87] 11:16 am: (I'm guessing only Ian hears that)
[Gabel] 11:17 am: Boomer Alex get down here *shouting*
[starjunky] 11:18 am: *puts ship on Autopilot and heads to cargo bay
[Lazarus] 11:18 am: After everyone gets to the cargo bay, a frantic search of the caro shows that the entire load has doctored labels, the Shipper Calanche is a fraud and has left the crew holding the bag asif they try to deliever this cargo, the purchasers will want their money back
[Gabel] 11:19 am: GORRAM IT
[Lazarus] 11:19 am: Moeny the crew can not possibly hope to pay
[starjunky] 11:19 am: we got rooked?
[Gabel] 11:19 am: Ai Yah Tien Ah
[Lazarus] 11:19 am: (just a little bit)
[Gabel] 11:19 am: (Merciless Hell)
[Lazarus] 11:20 am: (And just to let you know, this is no adlib, this was already in the adventure)
[Lazarus] 11:20 am: Genseed is very carefully designed to be high yield and very hearty
[Lazarus] 11:21 am: but once it has reached its expiration date, it is also designed to rapidly biodegrade
[Gabel] 11:21 am: Right if i get my hands on that piece of *add obscene chinease mumbling*
[Lazarus] 11:21 am: It then becomes useful as a very high grade mulch
[Gabel] 11:22 am: looks like we got no other choice but to go for that reaver graveyard
[Gabel] 11:22 am: We need money if we gonna live
[Lazarus] 11:22 am: but isn't worth 1% of its original value
[monster87] 11:22 am: "So... this stuff is worthless, then why did our employer have such a rush?"
[Throol] 11:22 am: "Better question, why'd he pay us?"
[monster87] 11:22 am: yeah my thoughts too
[Gabel] 11:22 am: He paid us half
[starjunky] 11:22 am: ( gotta take 10 min break to help wife with lunch )
[Gabel] 11:22 am: Possibly so we would not ask questions
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: Thinking about it, the iea was to get it to the buy with the fake tags intact and with just enough time for you to make the delivery and get off planet before the fraud was apparent
[monster87] 11:23 am: "Question is if he knew he was getting screwed
[monster87] 11:24 am: "Hmm so we're helping our employer screw his customers"
[Gabel] 11:24 am: We just got humped people
[Gabel] 11:24 am: Knew it was to good to be true *sighs*
[monster87] 11:24 am: "I guess we have a choice. Deliver as intended and get the hell out of there. That way we get payed and we can do more jobs. Or we screw this job and search for something else
[Lazarus] 11:25 am: You've got several options actually, you can dump the caro, which will be difficult in a vacuum. You can deliver the cargo as mulch. You can return to Athens to talk to Calanche, make a stab at the Reaver hoard, or something altogether diffierent
[Lazarus] 11:27 am: "Well, I don't know how much good this will do, but I know it would make ME feel better, and I say we go back and have a sit down with that Calanche fellah" Doc says through clenched jaws
[monster87] 11:27 am: "I'm just thinking that it's no use going back to Calanche without doing the job as intended. If we don't do his job we'll not get payed and lose rep. But of course we can also get pretty screwed from doing the job as intended. Either way if we screw it anyway, we might as well sell it as mulch
[Gabel] 11:27 am: And screw good honest folk of their lively hood
[Throol] 11:27 am: What do we know about the arrival planet?
[Lazarus] 11:27 am: Ezra
[Gabel] 11:27 am: Well then thats what we are gonna do
[Gabel] 11:27 am: I aint in the business of screwing over good honest folk trying to buy good honest goods
[Gabel] 11:28 am: And if i get my hands on that Calanche fellah he got another thing comming
[Lazarus] 11:29 am: Ezra is a rim planet with a rep for criminal activity. Used to be known as a farming planet, but things got humped after the U-War
[monster87] 11:29 am: "I'm guessing it'll only mean trouble if we go back to Calanche now, right?
[Lazarus] 11:29 am: everyone can roll Intelligence + knowledge, just INT if you don't have knowledge
[Gabel] 11:29 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8)
[Gabel] 11:29 am:

-> 1d8 (1)


[monster87] 11:29 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12)
[monster87] 11:29 am:

-> 1d12 (7)


[monster87] 11:30 am: can I use my professional data library to find info?
[monster87] 11:30 am: or data book, forgot what's the difference :P
[Lazarus] 11:31 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Lazarus] 11:31 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (1) = 6


[Throol] 11:31 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6)
[Throol] 11:31 am:

-> 1d6 (4)


[Lazarus] 11:31 am: Actually, if you have covert, you can roll that
[Throol] 11:31 am: ok plus this then:
[Throol] 11:31 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Throol] 11:31 am:

-> 1d6 (3)


[monster87] 11:32 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d12)
[monster87] 11:32 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d12 (12) = 17


[monster87] 11:32 am: (that's with covert)
[Lazarus] 11:32 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Lazarus] 11:32 am:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d6 (4) = 8


[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:32 am: (Btw i took the wrong skill it was not Persuasion i wanted it was Conversation)
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:32 am: Having lived a shady life, you know that Ezra is known as the personal playground of a mannamed Niska, Adelai Niska
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:33 am: ok
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:33 am: Hope its not much of a big deal to change it to that
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:33 am: because conversation is generally talking to people getting to know them and stuff right ?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:33 am: not really
[starjunky] 11:33 am: (back
[monster87] 11:33 am: "You guys heard of Adelai Niska? He's running Ezra so to say"
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:33 am: While Persuasion is trying to persuade someone into something you want them to do i guess
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:34 am: yes, geting them to talk without them realizing they told you antyhing
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:34 am: Has a rep only one notch better than that of Reavers
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:34 am: wait which one is getting them to talk without them realizing they told you something thats conversation right ?
[monster87] 11:34 am: "But he's said to be not much better than Reavers..."
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:34 am: yes
[Gabel] 11:35 am: Cant say i have
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:35 am: persuasion is getting someone to tell you something when they know they shouldn't
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:36 am: Yeah im guessing Conversation makes more sense
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:36 am: As John was always good at coaxing information out of people
[Lazarus] 11:36 am: And the ship continues on course for Ezra
[monster87] 11:37 am: "So... what are we going to do?"
[Throol] 11:37 am: "Well, would there be a market for mulch there? Otherwise, we'd best search for a better place to sell our load."
[Throol] 11:37 am: "People need to eat, need to grow food, so we're bound to find a buyer."
[Lazarus] 11:38 am: "Ifth youth don't wanth theaure, what with youth do with me?" A soft voice asks from the front of the cargo bay
[Gabel] 11:38 am: what about them farmers we helped out
[Gabel] 11:38 am: *Turns around*
[Lazarus] 11:38 am: You can sell the mulch to just about any farming community
[Gabel] 11:38 am: Drop you off at a planet as you asked
[Lazarus] 11:39 am: "thankth youth."
[Gabel] 11:39 am: Hey i know what about them farmers they might be able to take care of him
[Gabel] 11:39 am: And we can get rid of this mulch at the same time
[Throol] 11:39 am: "Yeah, labor's always good."
[monster87] 11:39 am: "That's what you want right? Although it'll be difficult adjusting looking like that. Why don't we help him with his appearance a bit Cap'n? Can't Doc help him?
[Lazarus] 11:40 am: "No, no people. I have done...things. I thould never thee people againth."
[Gabel] 11:40 am: But how you gonna survive without people i know you been gone long from society nd all if you are what you say you are but you need to adjust when you are back here
[Lazarus] 11:41 am: "Ith can liveth ofth land"
[Gabel] 11:42 am: We cant drop you off at erza then either way but i suppose i could talk to the farmers see if they dont have a spot thats out of the way for you
[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:42 am: And Beaumonde is a long haul from the Georgia system
[Gabel] 11:42 am: They wont even have to see you
[Gabel] 11:42 am: And you wont have to interact with them
[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:43 am: such a trip will cut deep into your fuel reserves
[starjunky] 11:43 am: "Beau is long ways from Gerogia system, Boss
[Gabel] 11:43 am: How much fuel we got left ?
[Lazarus] 11:43 am: "Any wilderneth will be fine."
[starjunky] 11:43 am: " will run up and check
[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:44 am: about 1100 hours, going back to Beaumonde will burn about 400 hours of that
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:46 am: Plus there is Marko Platz to deal with on Beaumonde
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:46 am: Theres Enemies no matter were we go now
[starjunky] 11:46 am: over comms " got 100 hrs, trip back to Beau burn 400 of that
[Gabel] 11:46 am: Unless you all want to ditch this cargo and go straight for the reaver horde
[starjunky] 11:46 am: "1100 hrs
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:46 am: Life in the Black is a challenging place
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:47 am: however, you are not known on Ezra
[Gabel] 11:47 am: We still got time we need to decide now
[Throol] 11:47 am: "Reaver horde? Screw that. We've got a cargo-hold-full of high-grade mulch! Lets sell it as such!"
[Lazarus] 11:48 am: (High grade however does not mean high value, all you will get is about 75 credits)
[Gabel] 11:48 am: Yeah and its worth about 1% of what the food was worth
[monster87] 11:49 am: "Well at least we're doing good if we're selling mulch. It'll help the land
[Lazarus] 11:49 am: YOu do have the option of pushing for ezra and unloading the cargo as planned
[Lazarus] 11:49 am: you can play stupid and leave Calanche as the bad guy
[Gabel] 11:49 am: I say we leave clanche in the dust on this one
[Gabel] 11:49 am: He screwed us over
[Gabel] 11:50 am: Calanche*
[Gabel] 11:50 am: Well we will continue to Erza sell this crap off we can tell them Calanche fooled them sell the stuff off as Mulch *looks back at the refugee*
[Gabel] 11:51 am: I dont know if erza's the best place to live its a backwater place as any alot of crime its been that way since the war but if you want to try there its your choice
[Lazarus] 11:51 am: currenty course will get you to Ezra in seven days. You will have roughly 18 hours before the cargo degrades, but with the labels bleeding, it is unlikely you can find a buyer
[Lazarus] 11:52 am: Unless you redoctor the labels
[monster87] 11:52 am: "Wait I don't understand - first you say to leave clanche in the dust. Then you say to tell them Calanche fooled them?
[Gabel] 11:52 am: Thats what i meant by leaving him in the dust
[Gabel] 11:52 am: He can pick up the reprocussions of trying to fool his buyers
[Gabel] 11:53 am: And us
[monster87] 11:53 am: "So that means you want to still deliver the goods, but tell them they were screwed by Calanche?
[Throol] 11:53 am: (Huh, the cargo hasn't degraded yet?)
[Throol] 11:53 am: (and what do you mean labels are bleeding?)
[Gabel] 11:54 am: (The lables are not correct they were forged)
[Gabel] 11:54 am: You mean to tell me you want to deliver these goods as they are without telling the poor folk getting them ?
[Lazarus] 11:54 am: (not yet, real expiration date is in just under 8 days. The labels were doctored to look like they had six more months of shelf life, the fakes are starting to run color)
[Gabel] 11:56 am: We cant sell the goods to the origional buyers most likely but we might find a buyer for the mulch
[monster87] 11:56 am: "Maybe this is stupid - but I could probably redo the forging - and do a better job at that... nah I guess we don't want to get into that kind of shit"
[Throol] 11:56 am: (ok, I'm confused)
[Lazarus] 11:57 am: (what's wrong?)
[Gabel] 11:57 am: (This is food right? food going to a corporation or something to sell to your average day citizen ?)
[Throol] 11:57 am: (the cargo expires in 7 days. So what could they be used for before then, at full efficacy?)
[Lazarus] 11:58 am: (The caro is bioengeered seeds Genseed, if still good, they could plant the seeds for high yoeld and very resistant crops)
[Gabel] 11:58 am: (ahh okay)
[Throol] 11:59 am: (oh so they're not likely to grow if planted in the next week?)
[Gabel] 11:59 am: (Obviously not)
[Gabel] 11:59 am: (Unless theres SUPER GROW in these Genseed)
[Throol] 11:59 am: (want to know for sure)
[Lazarus] 11:59 am: (by the time you arrive, they will start to biodegrade in less than 18 hours)
[Lazarus] 12:00 pm: (You are 7 days from ezra, 5 from Athens)
[monster87] 12:00 pm: that just means that they have to be planted real fast right?
[Throol] 12:00 pm: (Ok, so what's close enough so they'll be useful when delivered? Could be farms, or even greenhouses.)
[monster87] 12:00 pm: Isn't that why we have such a rush getting there on time?
[Gabel] 12:00 pm: The rush is because Calanche dont want to get caught
[Throol] 12:01 pm: (hell, even a big ship that grows plants for O2 might be able to save em)
[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: (hopefully good long enough not to reveal the scam until you guys were clear of Ezra)
[Gabel] 12:01 pm: But now heres the question that matters for me
[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: the faked dates say six months from now
[Gabel] 12:01 pm: These Seeds they would origionaly help the rebuilding of erza right ? Rebuilding of the farming industry that got destroyed during the war
[Gabel] 12:01 pm: (If they were good seeds)
[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: when you picked the up, they were really down to 13 days which is why he wanted you to deliver in 12
[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: they would have helped with rebuilding if good yes.
[Gabel] 12:03 pm: So heres the gist of i t if we scam these people we would offically be harming their farming community for sure
[Gabel] 12:03 pm: If we sell it as Mulch at least we get some credits
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: you wouldn't be helping that much is for sure
[Gabel] 12:03 pm: And we might be able to get paid to take care of Calanche
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: depends on how rational the buyer is
[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: (I could REALLY hump you guys and say the buyer is Niska, but I won't)
[monster87] 12:04 pm: "Can't we just go there, say that Calanche is scamming them, but that it's still good for 18 hours, so that if they start planting right now, they can make some use of it. That way we'd help a lot more than selling it as mulch
[Throol] 12:04 pm: Why don't we find someplace close where the seeds could be germinated? We could then deliver healthy plants to Calamanche or wherever.
[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: (That close to expirtion, the seeds will not grow)
[Gabel] 12:05 pm: Lets just continue to erza (as we have been)
[starjunky] 12:05 pm: * checks Autopilot and heads back down to cargo bay
[monster87] 12:05 pm: they're not expired yet... won't like 50% grow?
[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: (Even genetically altered seeds need more than 24 hours to germinate)
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: and that's not counting time to off load, transport and plant
[Gabel] 12:06 pm: Would we have 24 hours if we returned to Athens and got them Germinated ?
[Throol] 12:06 pm: But we have just under 8 days, right?
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: by the time they got them in the ground, they would start to biodegrade in 6 to 12 hours
[Throol] 12:06 pm: So, let's find someplace CLOSE to germinate em!
[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: yes, expiration is in 7 days 18 hours
[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: Ezra is 7 days away
[Gabel] 12:07 pm: Thats just it Ian we cant just *Find* a place to Germinate who in their right mind would just give us dirt to Germinate em
[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: Athens is 5 days away
[Gabel] 12:07 pm: We would most likely have to pay somebody to do that in the first place
[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: but if you plant them in Athens, what good will they be to Ezra that needs to plant now
[Throol] 12:07 pm: What are the closest places we could grow these?
[monster87] 12:07 pm: there isn't another planet closer right?
[Lazarus] 12:08 pm: hang on. let me look
[Throol] 12:08 pm: I'm not asking for anything else, just where (ship, planet, station, whatever) is the closest
[Throol] 12:08 pm: And other places for options
[Throol] 12:08 pm: If we can somehow save the seed, it'll be worth tons more
[Gabel] 12:09 pm: What about Regina
[Gabel] 12:09 pm: Regina should be close
[Lazarus] 12:10 pm: based on relative orbits, the closest planet isKerry, only 36 hours away
[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: Regina is roughly 4 days away
[Gabel] 12:11 pm: (Does Kerry have fertile ground?)
[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: (Genseed is designed to grow in just about anything but sand)
[Gabel] 12:12 pm: (Alright)
[Gabel] 12:12 pm: Well we can head to kerry then and sell the seed
[Gabel] 12:12 pm: That way they can plant it fast
[monster87] 12:12 pm: kerry better than regina in terms of farmers?
[Gabel] 12:12 pm: Quick thinking Ian
[Throol] 12:13 pm: Yeah we need to research fast, decide the best place to go, and change course.
[Throol] 12:13 pm: Thanks.
[Lazarus] 12:13 pm: Regina is more of a minig world, but all planets have some farming
[Gabel] 12:13 pm: Kerry has more farmland i think
[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: however, this close to expiration, you are going to have a deep discount. and there is that whole fact you do not have title to this cargo
[Gabel] 12:14 pm: Check the cortex and see if anybody is in need of any genseed on either kerry or Regina boomer
[Throol] 12:14 pm: Be best if we found a place with lots of farming of this seed type, but with some spare land, so we could grow em ourselves if we run out of time, then sell the plants locally.
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:14 pm: can I check the cortex on ads for genseed?
[Throol] 12:15 pm: We ought to report the shoddy merchant that gave us this crap, so our rep doesn't go to shit
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:15 pm: roll int + hacking
[monster87] 12:15 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d12)
[monster87] 12:15 pm:

-> 1d12 (7)+ 1d12 (5) = 12


[Lazarus] 12:16 pm: (humped or no, this cargo belongs to the purchaser on Ezra, to see, you will have to go black market or forge new labels)
[monster87] 12:16 pm: "Can't we just pretend we're dumb and just deliver it as requested?"
[Gabel] 12:16 pm: Look we arent doing anybody any favours on erza i dont like selling goods to other people but Calanche humped us on this so its only fair we hump him back
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:16 pm: not a specific listing for genseed, but Kerry has enough acreage that you could sell the stuff there with some foot pounding
[Gabel] 12:16 pm: Problem is we will get into trouble with the buyers
[Gabel] 12:17 pm: I still think its easier if we just sell the mulch and tell the buyers what we found out
[monster87] 12:17 pm: "We can't help the cargo is forged. We should be able to get out of that"
[Gabel] 12:17 pm: Like honest decent folk
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:17 pm: (Thing is Calanche got his money, he found some suckers to pay up front)
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:17 pm: Againit depends on how raltional the purchasers are
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:18 pm: they could sieze your ship as reps for Calanche
[Gabel] 12:18 pm: I agree with boomer on this one
[Gabel] 12:18 pm: Selling the seed to somone else without telling the buyers is just as bad as Calanche
[monster87] 12:18 pm: "yeah
[Gabel] 12:19 pm: Lets just continue to Erza and be up front with the situation
[Gabel] 12:19 pm: At least our reputation as haulers wont be hurt
[Gabel] 12:19 pm: we got there in time
[monster87] 12:19 pm: "agreed
[Gabel] 12:19 pm: Our ship is fast we might be able to get work in Erza hauling stuff out
[Throol] 12:19 pm: "Alright, you're the captain."
[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: Okay, then the ship continues on course. As you wil not be taking the side trip to the Reaver hoard, you have more time which is why you arrive with 18 hours left instead of 6
[Throol] 12:20 pm: "What do we know of the buyer(s)? Are they likely to kill us out of spite?"
[Throol] 12:20 pm: "I ain't a fan of becoming dead."
[Gabel] 12:20 pm: Who in their right minds kills a messenger Ian
[Gabel] 12:20 pm: They aint reavers
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:20 pm: All you really had on the buyers was a contact address to wave them when you got close. You are too far to talk to them right now
[Gabel] 12:20 pm: Its better then going to reaver territory
[monster87] 12:21 pm: (Can i somehow speed our ship, so we can say we did our best to make sure that it's useable if used fast?"
[Throol] 12:21 pm: "Lots kill messengers. Where you been living?"
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:21 pm: Well, Niska will kill a messenger
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:21 pm: WOuldn't want to talk to them in advance anyway - could greet us with a firing squad
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:21 pm: always a possibility, people on the Rim can be twitchy
[Throol] 12:22 pm: "I'm all for bein' honest, but it's good to stay alive too."
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:22 pm: The EMP caused major surges in the Pulse drive. thing is to fix it, the engine has to be offline. THus the time to fix it might end up not saving you any time once yu can go to hard burn
[Gabel] 12:23 pm: Their grief aint with us its with Calanche
[monster87] 12:23 pm: "They won't hurt us for Calanche's cargo
[Throol] 12:24 pm: "You're thinkin' they're like us. They may be less... kindly."
[Lazarus] 12:24 pm: Anyone has anything they want to do in the next seven days?
[Gabel] 12:24 pm: Im just gonna rest up for the 3 days to heal some more wounds im gonna also check up on the Cortex about that ship
[Gabel] 12:24 pm: the Refugee pod came from
[Lazarus] 12:24 pm: Roll INT + Covert everyone
[Gabel] 12:24 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8)
[Gabel] 12:24 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)


[starjunky] 12:25 pm: rest and recouperate also
[monster87] 12:25 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6)
[monster87] 12:25 pm:

-> 1d12 (3)+ 1d6 (2) = 5


[starjunky] 12:25 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[starjunky] 12:25 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)


[monster87] 12:25 pm: I want to do a thourough systems check to see if I really know everything that's wrong with fire angel
[Lazarus] 12:25 pm: (Throol)
[Throol] 12:26 pm: (yessir?)
[Lazarus] 12:26 pm: int + covert
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:26 pm: laz did you say i had 2 exp left ?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:26 pm: yes
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:26 pm: Okay
[Throol] 12:26 pm: (ah sorry, took bio break)
[Throol] 12:27 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 12:27 pm:

-> 2d6 (1,6 = 7)


[Lazarus->Throol] 12:27 pm: not unusual for a go between to take the fall for a deal gone bad.
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:27 pm: (Just had to update my thingy)
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:27 pm: Yep, that's what I'm trying (and failing, it seems) to get across.
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:28 pm: you were the only one to make the roll
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:28 pm: Since I know him best, I'll be spending a lot of time with the Captain, trying to convine him to see my point.
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:28 pm: ell to succeed with it
[Lazarus] 12:29 pm: okay, Alex and John, roll endurace (Will + Vitality)
[Gabel] 12:29 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d10)
[Gabel] 12:29 pm:

-> 1d10 (5)+ 1d10 (2) = 7


[starjunky] 12:30 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d4+d8)
[starjunky] 12:30 pm:

-> 1d4 (2)+ 1d8 (2) = 4


[Throol->Lazarus] 12:30 pm: What does it give me?
[Gabel] 12:30 pm: How much ammo did we scrounge up from the reavers ?
[Lazarus] 12:30 pm: both of you make your On the Mend rolls and start to heal. You will recover 1 wound every 2 days, so by the time you reach Ezra, John will be healed and Alex will have 1W
[starjunky] 12:31 pm: (ok
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:31 pm: what I told you, sometimes go betweens get left holding the bag
[Gabel] 12:32 pm: Im also going to talk to the refugee see if i cant get to know him better
[Gabel] 12:32 pm: see if he remembers anything from his past life
[Throol] 12:32 pm: Ian's going all-out, trying to get the Captain to see reason, explaining how sometimes go-betweens are left holding the bag, and sometimes shot.
[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: by the time you are two days out of Ezra, Boomer has the ship working at 100% to include Hard Burn
[Throol] 12:32 pm: Being the fall guy.
[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: The refugee, doesn't remember much of his early life. Just that ship was boarded when he was around 15 while inbound to Athens
[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: After being taken, he just doesn;t want to talk about what happened
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:33 pm: Who are we able to communicate with right now?
[Gabel] 12:33 pm: Can i use Conversation to see if i cant coax up something subconciously from him ?
[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: You get the feeling he is ashambed of his actions
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:34 pm: And is there anything rules-wise I can do to convince the captain?
[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: roll it Int + Conversation to do it gently, use WIll if you are trying to force it out of him
[Gabel] 12:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[Gabel] 12:34 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d8 (8) = 14


[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: ashamed
[Gabel] 12:34 pm: Int
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:35 pm: You can try talking to Gabel in PM
[Gabel] 12:35 pm: I also Explain to Ian we have been making enemy after enemy if we are going to make friends sometimes the enemy of our enemy is our friend
[monster87] 12:36 pm: can I also have some talks with the guy? int+influence+sweet and cheerful maybe?
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:36 pm: nothing in the rules for one PC trying to force another PC to do anything
[Lazarus] 12:36 pm: that would work too
[Gabel] 12:36 pm: Did he tell me anything ? :)
[monster87] 12:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 12:36 pm:

-> 1d12 (5)+ 1d10 (8) = 13


[monster87] 12:36 pm: my attempt at conversation with him
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:36 pm: Not trying to force him, trying to convince him
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:37 pm: Like, rolls I could make, to help him make rolls, to realize it
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:37 pm: Or plot points I could spend?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:37 pm: He won't talk about his time with 'The Pack'. Just they hunted, the way the Pack hoards everything in piles, and that he was the Pack's lest one
[Gabel] 12:38 pm: Okay
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: Plus still want to know who we can communicate with.
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: Can i slightly hint at how he regained his faculties i mean hes talking
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: Rest of the reavers dont talk
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:38 pm: He won't talk about his time with 'The Pack'. Just they hunted, the way the Pack hoards everything in piles, and that he was the Pack's lest one He won't talk about his time with 'The Pack'. Just they hunted, the way the Pack hoards everything in piles, and that he was the Pack's lest one
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:39 pm: as you get closer, you will be able to contact planet
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:39 pm: *john cant belive hes asking as he wasnt to inclined to believe in the reavers*
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:40 pm: It's not all that sure himself, just that the Pack, he nevers uses Reaver came from Miranda, he was not from there, so he could never advance past least one
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:41 pm: He was an outsider even among the pack
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:41 pm: How many plot points do you want to spend?
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:41 pm: Up to all 6 if that's what it takes
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 6]: pruttm has left at 12:41 pm+
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:42 pm: and can I get any personality to survice. His humanity? Get him to think of what to do with his life? I want to see if I can talk him out of dying alone in the wilderness
[Lazarus] 12:42 pm: By the time Boomer has ship fully functional, you are close enough to Ezra to send text type waves
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:42 pm: lets go 3 for now
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:42 pm: Maybe have a memory pop up in his mind about a friend that died on a similar run
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:43 pm: kk
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:43 pm: *johns kind of shocked at learning that* how do people become reavers then *boggled*
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:43 pm: Ian spends a lot of time talking to John, trying to explain that the Rim is not like the core. Not everyoneis rational there and you might be held accountable for the cargo being bad
[Gabel] 12:44 pm: Im going to text our buyers
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:44 pm: He has no intend of dying out in the sticks. He has very adept hunting skills and figures he can live off the land quite well
[monster87] 12:44 pm: good plan. On their reaction you can perhaps read if you're still welcome
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:44 pm: But living alone will sooner or later kill what's left of his humanity. Humans are not solo creatures
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:44 pm: He seems broken and afraid but most of all ashamed and embarassed by his existence
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:45 pm: most are not, but some can thrive alone
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:45 pm: Right im going to explain the situation to our buyers that we were hired by the man Calanche to get here within 12 days as it was a fast haul
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:45 pm: Yeah I understand and I'll try to cheer him up (sweet and cheerful) to get him to want to give a shot at life again. Not just running away to the wilderness
[Lazarus] 12:45 pm: YOu contact the buyer and what do you send?
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:46 pm: He does not know how to handle being near a woman and someone being kind to him
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:46 pm: he obviously appreciates the time you spend with him
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:47 pm: good. Can't expect him to shift 180 in 7 days. But gives me hope he will
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:47 pm: ok, so far so good
[Gabel] 12:47 pm: We were hired by Calanche to get here within 12 days as a fast haul and are not far away now but we just found out that the goods he payed us to haul for him are no good to them as their going to expire in a few hours
[Gabel] 12:48 pm: And that the Labels of the expiration dates had been forged
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 6]: loudriver23 has left at 12:49 pm+
[Gabel] 12:50 pm: And that we were attacked by gorram reavers on our way here so we barely made it and that we have an alliance escort.
[Lazarus] 12:50 pm: The first rsponse is: He has our money and that without the cargo, tey will not have a crop to make payments on farm equipment
[Lazarus] 12:51 pm: And they are a government subsidized ffarm
[Gabel] 12:51 pm: Can i check the cortex for the legitamacy of that claim ?
[Lazarus] 12:51 pm: The governor is ineffective, but they know someone that can get things done
[Lazarus] 12:52 pm: checking the cargo tags and a quick cortex serach verifies the government subsidy part
[Gabel] 12:52 pm: okay
[Gabel] 12:53 pm: I explain we were privately hired by Calanche to get these goods to them but we are in no way affiliated with him which is why we wanted to warn them about the goods
[Gabel] 12:54 pm: I also want to know what they want to do with the goods and Maybe even Calanche as we have also been screwed out of payment
[Lazarus] 12:54 pm: They don't need mulch, they need seed and if Clanche isn't going to deliver seed, then this 'benefactor' has ways of making people sorry they failed to hold up their end of the bargain
[Throol] 12:55 pm: (How many characters took the "Things don't go smooth" complication? Considering how my high roll to find a job led to THIS, something must be changing our luck for the worse)
[starjunky] 12:55 pm: ( heh, not me, but I've go tEasy Mark complication
[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: A few hours later, you get another wave. "They accept you got humped too, but this person is not the forgiving sort. He will expect you to do a job for him."
[Gabel] 12:57 pm: If its the paying sort im sure we can come to an arangement
[Lazarus] 12:57 pm: "And choosing to avoid Ezra is proof of your complicity with Clanche"
[Throol] 12:57 pm: (did you give them any way to identify us? Pray not)
[Gabel] 12:57 pm: (I never said who i was i just said we were hired)
[Throol] 12:58 pm: Ian makes a rushed signal to cut the conn, that he needs to talk with Capn
[starjunky] 12:58 pm: (brb, biobreak
[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: As you get close enough for visual and you contact the buyer. You get a terse, 'hold please' before the call is rerouted.
[Throol] 12:58 pm: "Cut it!!"
[Gabel] 12:58 pm: *Cuts coms*
[Gabel] 12:58 pm: What ?
[Throol] 12:59 pm: "We need to get the hell out of here, before we're traced."
[Lazarus] 12:59 pm: You do see an older man wearing glasses face just before signal cuts
[Throol] 12:59 pm: "We got that crybaby? Could help our hoops get away right now."
[Gabel] 12:59 pm: She never made it ian
[Lazarus] 12:59 pm: (No one ever built it)
[Throol] 1:00 pm: "Don't try to communicate any more."
[Throol] 1:00 pm: "Let's get the hell out of here."
[Gabel] 1:00 pm: What are you so gorram scared about he was offering us a job
[Throol] 1:00 pm: "No, you weren't listening. They were going to DEMAND a job. As in no pay."
[Lazarus] 1:00 pm: Gabel roll Int+will as a Recall roll
[Gabel] 1:00 pm: Great
[Gabel] 1:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d10)
[Gabel] 1:01 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d10 (3) = 9


[Throol] 1:01 pm: "We don't want people who can force us to do jobs knowing anything about us."
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:01 pm: The term "Ezra being the personal playground of an Adelai Niska" comes to mind
[Lazarus] 1:02 pm: The comm begins to ping
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:02 pm: Btw im roleplaying this i know who he is and stuff im playing ignorant because John dont
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:02 pm: sure
[starjunky] 1:02 pm: (back
[Gabel] 1:02 pm: That Adelai Niska fellah as bad as they say ?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:02 pm: but you do know that Boomer told you he had a rep a bad rep
[Throol] 1:02 pm: Ian turns to the pilot. "How quick and stealthy can we get out of here?"
[Throol] 1:03 pm: (Do I know anything about Niska? I was just going by what the dude said)
[Lazarus->starjunky] 1:03 pm: quick, fairly, stealthy, depends
[monster87] 1:03 pm: "What I know about Niska he's a real handful"
[Gabel] 1:03 pm: Look Ian's spooked
[starjunky] 1:03 pm: quick, fairly, stealthy,
depends
[monster87] 1:03 pm: "just a tad better than Reavers, 's what I heard"
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:03 pm: with a 17, you KNOW his rep
[Gabel] 1:03 pm: I think we should just get out of heren ow
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:03 pm: you haven't worked for him becauseyou were afraid to
[Gabel] 1:03 pm: Turn us around get us out of coms range
[Gabel] 1:04 pm: Im gonna trust ians gut on this one
[Lazarus->Throol] 1:04 pm: roll int+covert
[starjunky] 1:04 pm: "Ok boss, we're leavin'. Where to?
[monster87] 1:04 pm: "All I know about Niska is that I chose not to work for him because of his rep, which is really dark"
[Lazarus->starjunky] 1:05 pm: Closest plane tis Hera
[Throol] 1:05 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 1:05 pm:

-> 2d6 (6,6 = 12)


[Gabel] 1:05 pm: Well we got two choices Athen's or Beumonde and sell the mulch deal with our trouble there
[Throol->Lazarus] 1:05 pm: double max
[Gabel] 1:05 pm: But turn us around for now
[Lazarus->starjunky] 1:05 pm: yeah THAT Hera home of Serenity Valley
[Gabel] 1:05 pm: Lets just head course back to athens
[Lazarus->Throol] 1:05 pm: after hearing Boomer talk, you heard tell of this TWISTED old man,. runs a tight criminal organization
[monster87] 1:06 pm: If we leave like this It'll be bad for our rep too..
[starjunky] 1:06 pm: "Hera is closest
[Lazarus->Throol] 1:06 pm: long memory, big on reputation and torture
[Throol] 1:06 pm: "Not if they don't know who we are..."
[Gabel] 1:06 pm: Lets go to Hera
[starjunky] 1:06 pm: "Roger, Atehns it is then
[Gabel] 1:06 pm: Ian im trusting you on this one
[Gabel] 1:06 pm: Hera
[Throol] 1:06 pm: "And I doubt that our merchant friend will be on speakiing terms with em"
[Gabel] 1:06 pm: If hera is closest lets just go there and dock
[Throol] 1:06 pm: "Oh hell, I just remembered this Niska bastard1
[Lazarus] 1:07 pm: roughly 60 hours to Hera
[Throol] 1:07 pm: "He's that twisted old fuck - runs a whole criminal mob, very long memory, doesn;t drop a grudge, big on reputation, loves to TORTURE."
[monster87] 1:07 pm: (lol the one from Firefly :P?)
[Gabel] 1:08 pm: yes
[Gabel] 1:08 pm: Exactly that guy
[Lazarus] 1:08 pm: (just a bit)
[Throol] 1:08 pm: (dude, I'm not metagaming. That was what my skill roll just got me)
[monster87] 1:08 pm: "Well that's what I was saying.."
[Throol] 1:08 pm: (didn't have the info before)
[Gabel] 1:08 pm: No need to get defencive throol i was explaining to rein :)
[Lazarus] 1:09 pm: (I have reputation too, one not so good. Now you know my reputation is fact, is solid)
[Throol] 1:09 pm: (sorry, metagaming's one of my biggest pet peeves)
[Gabel] 1:09 pm: I knew exactly who nishka was John dont lol :p
[monster87] 1:10 pm: (haha I needed the reminder, but I guess Boomer does know, I had a 17 to know his rep before..)
[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: sorry time to Hera is 10 hours, not 60
[Gabel] 1:11 pm: Lets dock at Hera then (wait isnt that were serenity valley is ?)
[Lazarus] 1:11 pm: Yes, everyone knows serenity valley is on Hera
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:11 pm: Ive been to hera before
[monster87] 1:11 pm: (what's serenity valley again..?)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:12 pm: As in on planet
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:12 pm: Before the war
[Gabel] 1:12 pm: (last battle of the war)
[Gabel] 1:12 pm: (Intro to firefly first episode)
[starjunky] 1:12 pm: "yep Hera of Serenity Valley
[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: (The defining battle of the U-War. Once the Browncoats lost there, the war was over)
[monster87] 1:12 pm: kk
[Throol] 1:12 pm: "I think we should space the cargo soon. Nishka's bound to be looking for word of people with a cargo just like ours."
[Gabel] 1:12 pm: Space it on our way to hera
[Gabel] 1:13 pm: I dont like getting rid of cargo
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: (That will take several hours as a lot of the caro is in your extrenal containers and shuttles and will take an EVA
[Throol] 1:13 pm: "Preferably dump it where no one will have a clue where we're headed."
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:14 pm: Makes some sense. but I doubt if you have been here since
[Gabel] 1:14 pm: Well hells Ian if their gonna find that cargo in the middle of space we can go somewere quiet if you want
[Lazarus] 1:15 pm: (You've still got nearly a 1,000 hours of fuel)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:15 pm: Never
[Lazarus] 1:15 pm: (Lots of options)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:16 pm: I only was there during my spec ops when i was a goverment spy so to speak
[monster87] 1:16 pm: We can sell it quietly to our farmer friends. Bet they won't tell and that bit of mulch can go unnoticed
[Gabel] 1:16 pm: Lets head off to one place then dump it then backtrack to Hera
[Gabel] 1:16 pm: The longer we have this stuff the more dangerous it is for us Ian can agree on that
[Gabel] 1:17 pm: All cargo needs to be registered on arrival
[Gabel] 1:17 pm: To planets
[Throol] 1:17 pm: "Yeah, fewer witnesses can connect us to the cargo, the better
[Lazarus] 1:17 pm: (Farmers are a long way away some 400 hours in the Kaladasa quadrant, you are in the Georgia system)
[Gabel] 1:18 pm: Okay Alex lets do this if you take us away from hera on a standard shipping lane to athens then we backtrack to Hera
[Gabel] 1:18 pm: That way if they do find the cargo they will think we went to Athens
[Gabel] 1:18 pm: Sound like a plan ?
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: Athens (172)
Boros,Ezra,Hera,Kerry,Meadow,Regina,Shadow,Three Hills, and Whitefall are in the Georgia sysem
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: how far on course toward Athens do you want to take?
[starjunky] 1:20 pm: "scratches head - guess we could do that
[Gabel] 1:20 pm: Cant we just go off standard shipping lanes near hera and dump it ?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:21 pm: (As an ex-alliance type, you know that would create a 'Hazard to Navigation."
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:21 pm: Yeah i wont do that
[Lazarus] 1:21 pm: yes, you can
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:21 pm: We can dump it off grid
[Gabel] 1:21 pm: Okay lets do that
[Lazarus] 1:21 pm: not all that difficult to dump cargo in open space
[Gabel] 1:22 pm: (The chances of them finding it off shipping lanes middle of fucking space are slim to none i should say)
[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: okay, what course do you take before you start dumping cargo?
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: If Ezra is a 12 oclock, Athens is at 5, and Hera at 9
[Gabel] 1:23 pm: Go 5 then vie off to Hera we do it full burn so we get out of here quick
[Gabel] 1:24 pm: Alex lets go
[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: okay, I'm going to say all that is going to cost you 30 hours of fuel, taking you to 926 hours
[Gabel] 1:24 pm: Okay
[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: but it takes two days
[starjunky] 1:25 pm: "ok Capn, Hard Burn it tis
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: Do you have vacc suits?
[Gabel] 1:25 pm: So we are at hera now ?
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: anyone
[Throol] 1:25 pm: Time to clean the guns and such
[Gabel] 1:25 pm: I got
[starjunky] 1:25 pm: (yes have vacc suit
[Throol] 1:25 pm: Nope, don't normally go EV
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: okay, with two suits, it UCKS
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: SUCKS
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: BIG TIME
[Gabel] 1:25 pm: Oh look an extra pair of suits hidden in one of the shuttles
[monster87] 1:25 pm: can't we just seal and decompress the whole cargobay or something?
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: but you get it done. but I am going to need an agility+Survival roll
[Gabel] 1:25 pm: Plot points
[Gabel] 1:26 pm: :p
[Throol] 1:26 pm: (we can't just pile it up near the airlock, seal the rest, open the lock?
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: If you don't have survival or skill level is low, I would suggest plot points
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: this is NOT a rollyou wnt to tail
[Throol] 1:26 pm: (Can I add plot points?)
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: yes, the main cargo bay is easy, but you have stuff in cargo containers and the shuttles
[Gabel] 1:27 pm: Cant we just carry the stuff to the cargo bay ?
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: you can always add plot points to a roll, but you have to have a suit, so this is the Alex and John show
[monster87] 1:27 pm: same thought
[Gabel] 1:27 pm: Its not that much extra that was crammed in
[starjunky] 1:27 pm: (got d8 in zerog and space suvival
[Gabel] 1:27 pm: the shuttles at least
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: if you remember, you packed in 300 tons of cargo
[Gabel] 1:27 pm: No
[Gabel] 1:27 pm: we packed 200
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: you packed everything everywhere you can find
[Gabel] 1:28 pm: Im pretty sure you said 200 ?
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: regardless, you packed in more cargo than bay, and containers could hold. Yes 200
[Throol] 1:28 pm: Yeah, first it was 300, then 100, then ended up 200
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: t that is still 100 tons OUTSIDE of ship
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: yesyou are right 200 tons
[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: but only 100 fit inside
[Gabel] 1:29 pm: Er
[Gabel] 1:29 pm: Thats including using the rooms and shuttles ?
[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: the external cargo containers and both of the non-functional shuttles are packed
[monster87] 1:29 pm: there's bound to be easier ways. Can't we just dock the shuttles and move the stuff to cargo bay?
[Gabel] 1:30 pm: Shuttles are not working
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: not an external cargo
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: you will have to do EVA
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: the interanl stuff is esy
[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: just release the straps and blow the bay
[Throol] 1:31 pm: For 3 plot points, can I find a few more fully-functional suits?
[Gabel] 1:31 pm: Cant we just release the cargo containers all the same ?
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 6]: Roto has left at 1:31 pm+
[Gabel] 1:31 pm: Containers should have latches right (I know we still have to EVA)
[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: even if you find a dozen suits, each person involved, will have to roll Agility + EVA
[Throol] 1:31 pm: Oh. I don't have anything called EVA
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: survival
[Throol] 1:32 pm: d4 in that
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: if you don't have survival, you roll just agility, you can add plot points
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: but Ian isn't going
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: just alex and john
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: why is this a problem?
[Gabel] 1:33 pm: Not a problem we players are just general bastards trying to figure out ways to do it differently
[Gabel] 1:33 pm: But heres my roll anyway
[Gabel] 1:33 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d2+1d6)
[Gabel] 1:33 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d2 (1)+ 1d6 (2) = 6


[starjunky] 1:33 pm: ( so 2 pp before roll adds 2 extra d2's, that right?
[Gabel] 1:33 pm: 6
[Gabel] 1:33 pm: thats 3 plot points
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: 2 plot points adds a d4
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: 3 adds a d6
[starjunky] 1:34 pm: (ok d8 space sur + 3 pp then
[starjunky] 1:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[starjunky] 1:34 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (6) = 12


[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: roll agility too
[starjunky] 1:34 pm: (3 pp left
[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: agility + survival, plot points are optional
[starjunky] 1:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10)
[starjunky] 1:34 pm:

-> 1d10 (4)


[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: okay, you can save the plot points, the roll wasn't all that high
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:35 pm: Heh good thing i picked up that space survival huh :)
[Gabel] 1:35 pm: (I cant)
[Gabel] 1:35 pm: (Or can i)
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: John had some trouble, but he didn't encounter danger
[Gabel] 1:35 pm: Yeah good :p
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: John needed the points
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: Alex did not
[Gabel] 1:35 pm: (damn right i did)
[starjunky] 1:35 pm: ( so still have 6 pp then?
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: yes star
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 6]: Gunhaven has left at 1:36 pm+
[monster87] 1:36 pm: remember that gabel got 7 (because his 3 plot points are a minimum 3)
[starjunky] 1:36 pm: ( k thx
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: okay, after hours and hours of work, you get all the cargo dumped
[Gabel] 1:36 pm: (we made it)
[Gabel] 1:36 pm: *taking off his space suite* Gorram its been a while since i used this thing
[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: Oh did you remove the labels first? Easy to trace cargo with labels?
[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: hehehe
[Gabel] 1:37 pm: Obviously we did we wanted to be as stealthy as possible
[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: not going to do that to you, but figured I'm make you sweat
[Gabel] 1:37 pm: Oh i hate you
[Gabel] 1:37 pm: lol
[monster87] 1:38 pm: lol
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: LOL, here is where F2F would be preicless to see your faces
[monster87] 1:38 pm: haha
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: any way. Cargo is finally dumped
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: and you arrive at Hera
[Gabel] 1:38 pm: Lets get to Hera Alex i need a drink this has been a shoddy day
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: and see Niska waiting for you. because Hera IS the next closest planet, only 10 hours away and you did take two days to get here
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: HAHAHAHAHAHA
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: god I'm on a roll
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: no niska
[monster87] 1:39 pm: lolz
[Gabel] 1:39 pm: man i was so about to believe that
[monster87] 1:39 pm: yeah me too
[monster87] 1:39 pm: that joke was much more credible
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: Well he could still be here
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: e's just not waiting for you
[Throol] 1:40 pm: Well, hopefully no one's dumb enough to talk about this run - definitely hush-hush
[monster87] 1:40 pm: good
[Gabel] 1:41 pm: Avent been here since before the war gots to say i wonder whats changed
[Gabel] 1:41 pm: And NOBODY NOBODY mention the damned cargo and all this wish wash
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: You power the ship down and you all are wondering. When the hell does working in the Black get fun?
[Gabel] 1:41 pm: Lets just try and find another job and get on our way maybe restock on supplies get a local job
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: You're not sure of the answer to that question...
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: but you do know that there is one thing you do need
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: and that's a drink
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:42 pm: just a bit
[monster87] 1:42 pm: hehe
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: You are however, free to do what you like
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:42 pm: Well im gonna upgrade it from now on either way
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:42 pm: Unless ofc we die horribly get eaten spaced or otherwise incinerated
[monster87] 1:42 pm: Better to start looking for a new job fast
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: That is if not for the scene FADING TO BLACK
[monster87] 1:43 pm: I'm sure we'll find one here :)
[Gabel] 1:43 pm: I head straight to the nearest bar only because i wanted a drink its been a long ass haul
[monster87] 1:43 pm: ah finished
[Gabel] 1:43 pm: Try and pick up on the latest gossip
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:43 pm: I think being eaten is less of a worry now
[monster87] 1:43 pm: nice one Laz. Got us scared a few times there ;)
[Lazarus] 1:43 pm: Well, that is part of the plan
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:43 pm: At least we are free to make our choices
[starjunky] 1:44 pm: indeed, plot twists left and right
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:44 pm: i like the openness
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:44 pm: Its good
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:44 pm: You are avery good dm i must say
[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: I'll go with 2 AP for everyone, and 4 plot ploints, mainly for role play
[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: Well, you guys went off the Rez again
[Throol] 1:44 pm: Off the Rez?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:44 pm: Thank you very much
[Gabel] 1:45 pm: I think he meant we went off the beaten path
[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: Lef the Reservation
[Gabel] 1:45 pm: Like what he had planned
[Gabel] 1:45 pm: Oh
[Throol] 1:45 pm: Converting my extra plot point to ap
[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: As in abanonding the plot
[Gabel] 1:45 pm: Same here
[Throol] 1:45 pm: Only cuz the two options were suicidal
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: Okay, I show Ian at 4 AP, John at 5, Boomer at 11, and Alex at 9
[starjunky] 1:46 pm: yep
[Gabel] 1:46 pm: correct
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: they were not suicidal
[monster87] 1:46 pm: correct
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: well the reaver thing could turn into that if you got greedy
[Gabel] 1:47 pm: They werent suicidal but for our characters the reaver thing was kind of scary as we had just gotten our arses handed to us
[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: Well, the rest of that plot line was about stealth, you might not have even seen another reaver with good roles
[starjunky] 1:47 pm: I'm travelling next week but expect to be back to play next Wed
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: The Niska, thing, well, I had to make something up once you left the Rez
[Gabel] 1:48 pm: Are we still playing btw this isnt fade to black yet ?
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: okay, star, hopefully you can make it
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: Actually I did say fade to black
[Gabel] 1:48 pm: Ah
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:48 pm: what do you think the convo met the ex-reaver was "conversation", "persuation", or even "counseling"? I'll take the one most applicable
[Gabel] 1:48 pm: Ah yes
[Gabel] 1:48 pm: That is if not for the scene FADING TO BLACK
[Gabel] 1:48 pm: hehe
[Throol] 1:49 pm: Don't forget to save
[starjunky] 1:49 pm: good game againg folks gotta bolt
[Gabel] 1:49 pm: Later Sj
[Gabel] 1:49 pm: Yeah remember to save laz
[monster87] 1:49 pm: see ya
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 6]: starjunky has left at 1:49 pm+
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:49 pm: hmmm you were trying to milk him for infoamtion gently, so I would say conversation