Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 9:34 am+
[Lazarus] 9:34 am: Welcome to P&PG Chat.
[General Chatter]: Throol has entered at 9:43 am+
[General Chatter]: starjunky has entered at 9:57 am+
[General Chatter]: monster87 has entered at 10:02 am+
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: I created room "Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 4"
[General Chatter]: has left at 10:03 am+
[General Chatter]: monster87 has left at 10:03 am+
[General Chatter]: Throol has left at 10:03 am+
Welcome! You have entered [Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 4] at 10:03 am+
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 4]: starjunky has entered at 10:03 am+
[Lazarus] 10:04 am: Okay, as a reminder, it is the morning after the great ship registration caper
[Lazarus] 10:05 am: Ship is fully functional except for the auto-pilot
[monster87] 10:05 am: we still have a few days left right?
[Lazarus] 10:05 am: You will however be needing 135 credits in parts for basic maintenance within the next 9 days or the ship will start to experience breakdowns
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: You have 6 days and 5 nights on your port fee
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: another week will cost you 10 credits
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: You have 1100 hours of fuel
[] 10:06 am: (Alot of fuel at least)
[Lazarus] 10:07 am: food is getting pretty thin, you only have a week's supply
[monster87] 10:07 am: we can not reduce the maintanance costs with good mech rolls right :P?
[Lazarus] 10:07 am: Yes, if you roll well
[monster87] 10:07 am: well I can try that
[] 10:07 am: (actualy i got 4 weeks excluding the stuff we used to get here)
[] 10:08 am: Including
[monster87] 10:10 am: but in any case we need to find a job
[monster87] 10:10 am: (so it's morning right?) "Good morning guys"
[Throol] 10:10 am: What we could really use is a good fixer.
[Lazarus] 10:10 am: Ah right, forgot to add the two weeks you got from the farmers, yes, four weeks
[monster87] 10:11 am: "What do you mean? I'm fixing things quite allright, right?"
[Lazarus] 10:11 am: Serenity: Out of the Ashes - Session 4 GM - Lazarus. Players Gabel, monster87, Throol, and starjunky
[Throol] 10:12 am: Fixer as in, a person with a lot of contacts, who arranges jobs for others
[Throol] 10:12 am: For a percentage
[monster87] 10:13 am: "Yeah smart idea, but finding such a guy might be as hard as finding the next job"
[Throol] 10:13 am: "Maybe, but if we find such a guy, we could have a line on more than just one job."
[Lazarus] 10:14 am: Athens is a major player on the Rim and in the Georgia quantrant in particular
[] 10:14 am: *Stepping out of his quarters moving towards the galley*
[monster87] 10:14 am: "If we care to stay around that is, but sure why not - let's find ourselves a Fixer. What'doya say Cap'n?"
[] 10:14 am: What do i say to what now
[Throol] 10:15 am: "Wouldn't have to necessarily stay on this planet - fixers know other fixers, too."
[monster87] 10:15 am: Ian (right, get confused with the nicks still?) thinks we should hire a Fixer
[] 10:16 am: Used to know a bunch of people around the verse thing is i doubt half of them even wanna speak to me now
[Throol] 10:16 am: (yeah, I really wish we could change our names, I can't keep it straight either)
[] 10:16 am: And the other half are prolly dead
[monster87] 10:17 am: (Gabel: Cap’n (John)
Throol: Ian
monster87: Boomer
starjunky: Ace)
[Lazarus] 10:18 am: Increasingly NPC doc is Ray
[monster87] 10:18 am: "well since we didn't have any luck so far finding a job, let's start anew by finding a Fixer - I like the thought of not spending so much time on finding trustworthy jobs. Mabby we can find ourselves a Fixer who can find us jobs that actually help people, instead of hurtin' em"
[starjunky] 10:19 am: " I like the sound of that, Boomer
[monster87] 10:19 am: "I'll post an add on the Cortex - Looking for Fixer that can find us jobs that help people, you guys like that?"
[] 10:19 am: I know about a job that mite stir up some trouble but i aint gonna takes it unless we tried real hard to find a proper one if you want to go find a fixer you can im gonna go out nd see how much this job pays first.
[] 10:20 am: I say we meet up here later
[Throol] 10:20 am: "Yeah, don't want to put up an add that will get us the, wrong, kind of attention"
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:20 am: can I somehow combine my streetwise with my tech engineering (hacking?) to post free ads and find a fixer quick?
[] 10:20 am: And yeah what Ian said dont go posting them sorts of things on the cortex
[] 10:20 am: Fixers dont usually tend to the strictly legal business less you want the law comming down on you
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:21 am: nvm
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:21 am: ok
Welcome! You have entered [Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 4] at 10:21 am+
[Throol] 10:21 am: "We could post on the cortex, just be careful of the wording, don't make it obvious that what we're doing might not be on the up-and-up"
[monster87] 10:21 am: "Aww there's bound to be good Fixers, we can try find honorable jobs"
[monster87] 10:22 am: "Well we can post an add suggesting we want to do things that ARE fully up-and-up. And let's see who comes back for that
[Lazarus] 10:22 am: By the time John comes back from the registration office with the ship's papers, it is about 9AM
[] 10:22 am: Only good fixers i ever knew were low down scoundrels who knew how to earn a fast buck by doing nothing but talking
[monster87] 10:23 am: "There's bound to be a market for people who need some support in doing the right thing - I"ll try to find them online first"
[] 10:23 am: Anyhow im off you guys should take a look around for some jobs while im gone and we can meet back here later with what info we have
[Throol] 10:23 am: "I dunno, I never arranged a fixer misself, I was always hired on by the captain, who handled all that. But I heard of 'em, sounds like a good idea.'
[->Lazarus] 10:24 am: Im gonna find that Molly person
[Lazarus] 10:24 am: (Getting out and finding a job or a fixer, is going to take an intelligence + Streetwise roll)
[Lazarus->] 10:24 am: okay
[] 10:24 am: Leadership
[Lazarus] 10:24 am: You only get to do that once per session
[] 10:24 am: and this is a new session
[Throol] 10:25 am: What about checking local job boards and the like? Hoofin' it, not trying to chat anyone up?
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:25 am: so I'll try what I told the crew - find a fixer on the internet (or post adds or whatever) - but do my smartest to find someone reliable and trustworthy (note that I do have an Alertness of d4 although I have the best of intentions)
[] 10:25 am: Thats what i asked you guys to do now take a look around talk to people and try find a fixer while your at it
[Throol] 10:25 am: Same roll, or can I just invest the time?
[monster87] 10:25 am: (already typing behind a computer) - "Yeah yeah you can try the local job boards, I'll check the online ones first - real quick"
[Lazarus] 10:26 am: (I know it's a new session, just wasn't sure you wanted to use that so early)
[] 10:26 am: (Ignore the leadership i will save it for later + im not actualy there)
[Throol] 10:26 am: "Cap'n, if yer goin' alone, make sure you're packin'."
[] 10:26 am: (But then i did give them a task to do but ignore it)
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:27 am: shall I roll normal int+streetwise or something different/extra?
[] 10:27 am: *Walking out the door slapping his holster* I always pack Ian you know that
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:27 am: Roll intelligence + streetwise
[] 10:27 am: See you guys later
[monster87] 10:27 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)
[monster87] 10:27 am:

-> 1d12 (4)+ 1d8 (3) = 7


[->Lazarus] 10:27 am: I put on my bodyarmour under my regular clothes
[Lazarus->] 10:27 am: kk
[Lazarus] 10:28 am: everyone who is searching for a job/fixer roll intelligence+streetwise
[Lazarus] 10:28 am: A botch, will result in a complication
[Throol] 10:28 am: That default to Covert?
[starjunky] 10:29 am: "I'm a sucker for fast-talkers, so I'll let you more discerning folk find some work
[Throol] 10:29 am: (I only have 4 specialties, but more base skills)
[Throol] 10:30 am: (5 now)
[->Lazarus] 10:30 am: I also have my identcard whatever money i have left and an extra mag for my pistol (Thats just what i standard carry either way)
[Lazarus] 10:30 am: yes streetwise is part of covert
[->Lazarus] 10:30 am: + my pocketwatch
[Throol] 10:30 am: Thanks
[Lazarus->] 10:30 am: okay
[Throol] 10:30 am: roll 2d6
[] 10:30 am: You can have streetwise in covert and influence
[Throol] 10:30 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 10:30 am:

-> 2d6 (6,6 = 12)


[monster87] 10:30 am: lool
[Lazarus] 10:31 am: nice
[Throol] 10:31 am: sweet
[->Lazarus] 10:31 am: Which is the busted up broken one thats been shot that jackson gave me
[->Lazarus] 10:31 am: or i took from him heh
[Lazarus->] 10:32 am: sure
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:33 am: THe Cortex only lists the legal cargoes on Athens, you do not find anything of a less than legal nature with your search
[Lazarus->] 10:33 am: You ask around a bit and get directed to a warehouse that Molly Hatchet owns
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:34 am: there's bound to be underground networks - and I should probably know about some of them as a hacker..?
[Lazarus->Throol] 10:35 am: You meet a guy named Porfirio Calanche he’s got 300 tons of agricultural Genseed that needs to get to the Rim planet Ezra and they need it fast.
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:36 am: YOu know they exist, but it takes a better roll or some foot work to find them
[->Lazarus] 10:36 am: Okay
[Lazarus] 10:37 am: The ship seems so quiet with the engine shut down and Boomer no longer clanking away with repairs
[Throol->Lazarus] 10:37 am: Can our ship handle that?
[Lazarus->Throol] 10:37 am: yes, the Pride class is faster than a firefly
[Throol->Lazarus] 10:38 am: I mean the cargo
[->Lazarus] 10:38 am: I will see if anybody is home
[->Lazarus] 10:38 am: And ask for molly if there are other warehouse workers
[Throol->Lazarus] 10:38 am: 300 tons
[Lazarus->Throol] 10:39 am: sorry, I've got a lot of PMs going. 100 tons
[Throol->Lazarus] 10:40 am: Well maybe we can cut that down - I was planning on calling the captain on the walkie anyway, I'm not in charge
[Lazarus] 10:41 am: (Hang on, I seem to have lost a file. Sorry)
[Lazarus->] 10:42 am: You are shown to her office and she is an older woman of indeterminate age
[Lazarus->] 10:43 am: She's a hard looking woman and does not seem to be all that pleasant
[Lazarus->] 10:44 am: "Okay deary, here's the deal. I've got a team of 8 hourse with a wagon that I need driven some 30 miles south of town to a friend of mind. He's a rancher digging a well and needs some drilling equipment. You think you can handle that?
[->Lazarus] 10:44 am: Depends on the money miss
[Lazarus->Throol] 10:45 am: Clanche says, "well go ahead and call who you have to go, this genseed needs to get moving and I time is money
[->Lazarus] 10:45 am: The names John *puts out a hand to shake* I see you are straight to the point so i will keep it short
[Throol->Lazarus] 10:47 am: "Damn straight."
[monster87] 10:47 am: everythin ok there Laz?
[->Lazarus] 10:47 am: (Right im gonna look for any body language that might be offputting or otherwise use my intuition and my gut to see if theres anything she might be leaving out like trouble or whatnot)
[Throol] 10:48 am: Ian calls the captain on the walkie
[Throol] 10:48 am: (Laz has lots of PMs going)
[] 10:48 am: (That might be hard as i aint got one)
[Throol] 10:49 am: (You're the captain, and you didn't grab one of the ship's walkies?)
[Throol] 10:49 am: (I have one I bought, that I reconfigure for each ship I work on, but every ship comes with a few, too)
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: SOrry, I had to pull a critical file from off my laptop. I have no idea how the file got deleted
[Lazarus->] 10:51 am: roll alertness + perception
[->Lazarus] 10:51 am: (not Intuition?)
[Lazarus->] 10:51 am: and as you are shaking hands, your comm unit buzzes
[Lazarus->] 10:51 am: yeah intuition
[] 10:51 am: (was not aware of that from the ships manual never said anything about it)
[] 10:52 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 10:52 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d8 (5) = 7


[Throol] 10:52 am: (I got the info from the gear section of the main book)
[] 10:52 am: (Yeah but i did not buy that gear you did so was not aware we had it)
[Throol] 10:53 am: (the walkies communicate back to the ship and to any connected walkies)
[Lazarus->] 10:53 am: "Job will pay 200 credits"
[Lazarus->] 10:53 am: She comes across as cold and perhaps calculating
[] 10:53 am: (Since i know about it i grabbed one obviously)
[->Lazarus] 10:53 am: Okay
[Throol] 10:54 am: (I only actually bought one since my guy's a merc, doesn't tend to be one who gets a regular ship's walkie)
[->Lazarus] 10:54 am: I got a shuttle that could get your goods there faster if thats any consultation miss
[Lazarus] 10:54 am: (Yes the ship has a handful of Ship-linked handsets. They are standard equipment in the core book)
[Lazarus->] 10:54 am: Thing is Deary he needs the horses and the wagon
[Lazarus->Throol] 10:55 am: no response on the comm unit
[->Lazarus] 10:55 am: (Quick question would i be able to fit 8 horses and a wagon inside the ship?)
[->Lazarus] 10:56 am: (Im guessing with 100+ ton cargo capacity i should but im not sure)
[Throol->Lazarus] 10:56 am: ((Well damn.)) "Bloody hell." ((the people on the ship don't even respond?))
[->Lazarus] 10:56 am: Hold on mam im being buzzed *answers the comlink*
[] 10:57 am: This is John im in the middle of a meeting whatya want over.
[Lazarus->Throol] 10:57 am: Lets see
[Lazarus] 10:57 am: The comm unit on the ship begins to beep
[Lazarus->Throol] 10:59 am: this is John im in the middle of a meeting whatya want over
[Lazarus->] 10:59 am: Molly's eyes begin to harden even more
[monster87] 10:59 am: "I open it in between typing"
[Throol] 11:00 am: "I've got a line on a job, but it needs doing NOW. Can you hoof it over here quick-like to arrange it?"
[monster87] 11:01 am: (I guess that's for the cap'n not me?)
[Lazarus] 11:01 am: When Boomer answers the comm, it is Ian asking if anyone has seent he captain
[Lazarus->Throol] 11:01 am: Getting cross talk on the channel now
[Lazarus->] 11:01 am: Getting cross talk on the channel now
[] 11:02 am: Guys can you quite down look im in the middle of something ill get back to you later *cuts coms*
[monster87] 11:02 am: ( I don't quite follow - don't ian and the cap'n have walkies to communicate? )
[] 11:03 am: (ships coms)
[->Lazarus] 11:03 am: Sorry about that mam crew are a bunch of missfits when im not around
[Lazarus] 11:04 am: Ian tried captain first, didn't get him, then called ship, then both answered
[monster87] 11:04 am: well anyway i'll relay the message if neccesary
[Lazarus->] 11:04 am: She nods in understanding. "I can understand that I have those sorts of issues my own self."
[Lazarus->Throol] 11:05 am: "Seems like you don't want the job so much amigo."
[Lazarus] 11:06 am: After the quick reply, the captain stops talking
[->Lazarus] 11:06 am: Well mam i would love to say yes but i have to talk to said crew about it so they know what we are doing mind if i find you again later
[monster87] 11:06 am: "Well I guess cap'n was busy Ian, can I help?
[Throol->Lazarus] 11:07 am: "Hell yeah, I want the job, but my (chinese swear words)s captain won't respond."
[->Lazarus] 11:07 am: *tips his hat in respect before he leaves*
[Lazarus->] 11:07 am: "Look Deary, either you run your crew or you don't. I've got good money and I need an answer."
[Throol->Lazarus] 11:08 am: "And it's not my ship."
[Throol] 11:08 am: "Trying to reach the captain, got a line on a good job right up our alley, but can't get the (chinese swear words) over here."
[Lazarus->Throol] 11:08 am: "Doesn't sound so good amigo, but I'll give you an hour to get your captain here or the jobs off"
[monster87] 11:09 am: * tries the comm again for the cap'n *
[Lazarus->] 11:09 am: Comm beeps again
[->Lazarus] 11:09 am: Well mam if the job is still here when i get back we might just take it if not then well i guess you have found the solution to your problems good day mam
[->Lazarus] 11:09 am: I walk away with that
[->Lazarus] 11:10 am: I return to the ship
[Lazarus->] 11:10 am: "I see. In that case. I have an answer for ya now. Get out!"
[Lazarus->] 11:10 am: Or comm is beeping as you leave
[Throol->Lazarus] 11:11 am: "Good enough, I'm off." - quickly heads out, but not so quickly it looks suspicious
[->Lazarus] 11:11 am: I answer the com on the way out
[->Lazarus] 11:11 am: When im away from the warehouse
[Lazarus] 11:11 am: captain answers
[Lazarus->Throol] 11:11 am: kk
[] 11:11 am: Whatya want i was in the middle of a meeting
[monster87] 11:12 am: "Cap'n Ian wants to put you on the line with a job that needs your attention urgent" * puts Ian through *
[] 11:13 am: Well ? Ian what ya need im on my way back to the ship now
[Throol] 11:13 am: Ian fills the captain in on the details
[Throol] 11:14 am: "I'm just outside the place now, can have you talk to him directly to arrange things."
[] 11:14 am: Alrighty tell me where it is i will join ya
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 4]: has entered at 11:14 am+
[monster87] 11:15 am: "I'll come too"
[Throol] 11:16 am: Ian gives the necessary info, and waits at a good nearby landmark
[monster87] 11:16 am: * skips off to join the fun
[->Lazarus] 11:16 am: Well i move to ian then i guess
[Lazarus->] 11:17 am: n Calanche said to meet him
[Lazarus] 11:17 am: You all arrive at the dive tavern Calanche said to
meet him
[monster87] 11:19 am: "So what's the fuss all about"
[Throol] 11:19 am: Ian keeps an eye out on the rest of the tavern, so the Captain can focus on the dealings.
[Throol] 11:20 am: (Ian already explained the basics of the job on the comm - shipping job, needs to be done ASAP)
[Lazarus] 11:20 am: The dark hair man notes the new arrivals with some amusement "Which one of you is supposed to be in charge, cause it don't look like any of you are."
[] 11:21 am: I am sir *takes out hand to shake his*
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: "Okay, I'm Porfiro Calanche and your man here said you can move a cargo of 200 tons of fast. Needs to be on Ezra in 12 days."
[Throol] 11:25 am: (first it was 300 tons, then 100, now it's 200?)
[Lazarus] 11:25 am: sorry dude I lost a critical file and I'm trying to catch up
[Throol] 11:25 am: (not a problem, I just thought the NPC was being shifty)
[Lazarus] 11:25 am: 200 tons
[] 11:26 am: Sir we can carry up to 130 tons at our maximum capacity but our ships real fast
[Lazarus] 11:27 am: (Ship has room for 80 tons internal, but you have six shutles that can cary 20 tons each)
[] 11:27 am: I dont know what my crewman here has told you about our capacity so im going to guess he never mentioned it
[] 11:28 am: (ah wait so i can fill the shuttles?)
[] 11:28 am: (I thought the weight of the shuttles was 20 heh)
[Lazarus] 11:28 am: (No reason why not. You could also dump the five none functional shuttles and replace them with cargo containers)
[] 11:29 am: (I already dumped 3 of them remember)
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 4]: starjunky has left at 11:29 am+
[->Lazarus] 11:30 am: I already got some cargo containers)
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 4]: starjunky has entered at 11:30 am+
[->Lazarus] 11:30 am: How much tonnage will 1 container get me 25 ?
[->Lazarus] 11:31 am: We agreed that i would get 3 Shuttles and 3 containers when i decided to buy the ship if you can remember :)
[Lazarus] 11:31 am: (Shuttles can carry 12 tons each. I had all this worked out in the file I lost. Three cargo containers can cary 75 tons)
[] 11:31 am: Well when i decided to buy the ship i told you i would swap out 3 of the shuttles for containers and we agreed on it or so i thought)
[Lazarus->] 11:32 am: Yes, still struggling to reconstruct the lost data
[] 11:32 am: (Well then we have enough space for 200 tons so ignore my comment to the guy)
[->Lazarus] 11:32 am: Well then i should have enough space
[Lazarus->] 11:33 am: it's close enough your capacity is 191 tons, but I'll just say with two suttles not working you can cram in more stuff
[->Lazarus] 11:33 am: okay
[Lazarus] 11:33 am: The critical thing is the settlers need the stuff in 12 days
[Lazarus] 11:34 am: (Boomer roll intelligence + technical eng)
[->Lazarus] 11:34 am: (Dont forget we still have additional tonnage in passenger space we could cram stuff in i guess ?)
[->Lazarus] 11:34 am: Since we havent actualy got any passengers
[->Lazarus] 11:34 am: Except us
[monster87] 11:35 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d12)
[monster87] 11:35 am:

-> 1d12 (12)+ 1d12 (12) = 24


[monster87] 11:35 am: woww
[] 11:35 am: Well sir we should be able to accomedate your wishes i own one of the fastest freighters around
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:37 am: with that roll, you know that the Fire Angel can make that trip in 12 days, but that you only have 24 hours to spare
[Lazarus->] 11:37 am: true
[Lazarus] 11:37 am: "Fast is good amigo."
[Throol] 11:38 am: holy hot dice
[Lazarus] 11:38 am: "Since this is a rush job, I've already lined up the loaders and it will take them four hours to get the cargo on your boat."
[monster87] 11:38 am: "Well with a velocity of 5.1227 (mumble mumble) we can get there in 18539 minutes"
[monster87] 11:38 am: (ah i screwed up the number, should be a bit less :P)
[] 11:38 am: Sure now all we need to do is discuss payment
[monster87] 11:39 am: "in plain english that's a little under 12 days
[Lazarus] 11:39 am: "And as this is a rush job. I'm willin' to pay 750 credits."
[] 11:39 am: And as you see i have a mighty fine mechanic
[] 11:40 am: Sounds good to me but i would like half now and half on delivery so i know we are getting paid at the end
[Lazarus] 11:41 am: (Everyone alertness+Perception)
[] 11:41 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 11:41 am:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d8 (4) = 8


[Throol] 11:41 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 11:41 am:

-> 2d6 (3,5 = 8)


[] 11:41 am: (perception sorry)
[] 11:41 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6)
[] 11:41 am:

-> 1d6 (6)


[] 11:41 am: 10 for me
[Lazarus] 11:42 am: Based on what you can gather, 750 credits is a bit hig, but as it is a rush, the price does make sense
[Lazarus] 11:43 am: You do know it will be a hump to meet that four hour launch window
[starjunky] 11:43 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[starjunky] 11:43 am:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d6 (1) = 2


[Lazarus] 11:44 am: They have some real nice wallpaper for such a dump there Ace
[] 11:44 am: (lol)
[starjunky] 11:44 am: (heh, least that was not a critical piloting botch
[monster87] 11:45 am: maybe we can get some advanced payment and buy an autopilot and some spare parts for on the way?
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 4]: WYRD has entered at 11:45 am+
[monster87] 11:45 am: "that way we are more sure to get there in time"
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 4]: WYRD has left at 11:45 am+
[Lazarus] 11:45 am: (Rein, you didn't roll the perception check)
[monster87] 11:45 am: I have a perception of d4+d0 you can ignore it
[Lazarus] 11:45 am: kk
[] 11:46 am: (I rolled a 10)
[Lazarus] 11:47 am: yes you did :-)
[Lazarus] 11:47 am: "Half up front is normal, so fine. I'll pay you the first half once the cargo is aboard. We got a deal?"
[] 11:47 am: Deal
[] 11:48 am: *Shakes his hand*
[Lazarus] 11:48 am: "Perfecto. Where's your shi parked so I can get my guys moving."
[Lazarus] 11:49 am: +p
[monster87] 11:49 am: names the correct parking place
[Lazarus->] 11:49 am: (Dock 97B)
[] 11:49 am: Its sitting at Dock 97B
[] 11:49 am: I will let yer crew in once i get back to the ship so we can start loading
[Lazarus] 11:49 am: Okay, at this point, we would going into a montage of action as all of you prep the ship for depature
[Lazarus] 11:50 am: I'm going to need three skill rolls total
[] 11:50 am: (Kay)
[Lazarus] 11:50 am: Intelligence + Pilot / Astrogation to plot a course, Alertness + Influence / Leadership to get cargo loaded right, and Intelligence + Mechanical Engineering / Appropriate Specialty to get ship ready in time. Each at an 11 difficulty
[elf.thief->Lazarus] 11:50 am: can I game with you folks sometime? It will take time when you have it to explain how it works.
[Lazarus->elf.thief] 11:51 am: SUre, I'm almost always looking for players
[monster87] 11:51 am: "So Ian can you help me carrying - we need to buy the parts to fix her on the way"
[monster87] 11:51 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 11:51 am:

-> 1d12 (5)+ 1d10 (8) = 13


[starjunky] 11:51 am: Int (d6) + astro (d8 )
[Lazarus] 11:51 am: ship prepped
[Throol] 11:51 am: "Yeah, now is the time to invest what we need - we gotta get this job done, even if it costs a bit."
[starjunky] 11:51 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)
[starjunky] 11:51 am:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d8 (6) = 7


[] 11:51 am: Im going to use leadership
[] 11:51 am: for all the tasks
[Throol] 11:51 am: Ian helps a lot with carrying
[] 11:52 am: Er
[Lazarus] 11:52 am: getting the course right takes you longer than you like. you lose 2 hours off your 24 hour cushion
[] 11:52 am: I cant use that for all tasks i guess unless you count getting ship ready as a task ?
[] 11:52 am: (Leadership Skill)
[Lazarus] 11:52 am: oh, okay then, everyone reroll with a two step bonus to skill
[Lazarus] 11:53 am: I am counting this as one task
[] 11:53 am: (well monster aced his already im guessing ?)
[starjunky] 11:53 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d10)
[starjunky] 11:53 am:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d10 (3) = 5


[Lazarus->elf.thief] 11:53 am: You can shoot me a PM and we can work out a PC for you
[] 11:53 am: 2 skillstep is 12 not 10
[Lazarus] 11:53 am: aye
[starjunky] 11:54 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d12)
[starjunky] 11:54 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d12 (4) = 9


[] 11:54 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d12)
[] 11:54 am:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d12 (1) = 2


[Lazarus] 11:54 am: (Boomer, as you made your roll,, just keep what you got)
[] 11:54 am: (Im crying inside)
[Lazarus] 11:54 am: Ace, you have a feeling that 2 plot points will be a tremendous assistance
[Lazarus] 11:55 am: Gabel, go ahead and roll your leadership to the cargo load
[starjunky] 11:55 am: ( 2 of 8 plot points spent
[Lazarus] 11:55 am: (noted)
[elf.thief->Lazarus] 11:55 am: very good! Right now Im trying to figure out how to install UO razor gateway or whatever
[] 11:55 am: Laz
[Throol] 11:55 am: Can I help with anything? I'm willing to invest plot points
[] 11:55 am: Didnt i just roll ?)
[Lazarus] 11:56 am: oh, my yes you did...yeah Ian roll, try and counteract John's botch
[] 11:57 am: (A double botch no less)
[] 11:57 am: (Told you the dice hate me laz its Solomon kane all over)
[Lazarus->elf.thief] 11:57 am: ok. Game is every Wednesday from 10am to 2pm Mountain, so we have a week to put something together
[Lazarus] 11:57 am: (Alertness + Influence)
[] 11:57 am: (Or leadership if you have it)
[] 11:58 am: (Discipline should work as well Laz ?)
[Lazarus] 11:58 am: ANd Ian should have +1 plot point for finding the contact in the first place
[Throol] 11:59 am: How many plot points can I add?
[Lazarus] 11:59 am: not this time, this is more about making sure cargo is stored properly and hence the alertness instedy of willpower
[Lazarus] 11:59 am: You can add as many plot points as you likeI track you have 7 at the moment
[Throol] 11:59 am: And this roll is just to get ready in time?
[Lazarus] 12:00 pm: yes, to keep your cushion
[Lazarus] 12:00 pm: currently 24 hours
[Throol] 12:00 pm: Fair enough. I can't help speed up piloting rolls, so might as well do it here. 5 plot points.
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 4]: elf.thief has left at 12:00 pm+
[Lazarus] 12:00 pm: that is a d10 with a minumum roll of 5 on that die
[Throol] 12:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d2+1d10)
[Throol] 12:01 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d2 (1)+ 1d10 (8) = 15


[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: nice
[] 12:01 pm: (Well hurray)
[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: "Hey cap, why don't you have a seat or go help Boomer, you seem stressed." Ian said as the cargo load starts off like a couple monkeys have sex with a football
[] 12:02 pm: *Mumbling to himself as he walks off*
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: The ship is ready to go when the last pallet of genseed is stored. The Fire Angel is PACKED to the gunnels with every scrap of cargo space filled
[] 12:03 pm: (Have i got time to quickly go out get ship parts for repairs and come back while they do the loading ?)
[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: "Rapido amigo, rapido. Here is your first half payment. Good luck."
[monster87] 12:04 pm: comes back at the ship - I got those cap'n, don't worry
[] 12:04 pm: Thanks *Takes the money*
[monster87] 12:05 pm: (ah I was assuming I already did that, but since we only now got the money I'll do it now)
[] 12:05 pm: (Actualy tbh i was going to just burrow some money from whoever had like Ian then pay him back once we got the parts)
[] 12:05 pm: (Since i had money comming right away)
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 4]: WYRD has left at 12:05 pm+
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: (To find the parts with money borrowed from the crew, that you payback with the downpayment, roll Intelligence + Influence)
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: (That's what John can do as Ian directs the loading)
[] 12:06 pm: Alright
[] 12:06 pm: (Can i use streetwise?)
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: yes
[] 12:06 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 12:06 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d8 (1) = 9


[monster87] 12:07 pm: hmm I said I was going to do that - so i guess I join the cap'n? can I assist in rolling?
[monster87] 12:07 pm: got higher int+influence i think
[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: since all the parts are common, you find them with plenty of time to spare. Boomer edmits a litle sqeak of joy when she sees her shopping list filled like it was christmas come early."
[Lazarus] 12:08 pm: (Boomer is busy prepping ship)
[] 12:08 pm: Right i pay what was it 135 credits back to ian
[Lazarus] 12:08 pm: (Okay, boomer has all the parts she needs to keep the Fire Angel flying for another month and a replacement auto-pilot module)
[] 12:09 pm: (awesome)
[] 12:09 pm: I pay Alex and Ray back 100 credits and keep 40 for myself
[Lazarus] 12:09 pm: AND you have 90 credits left over
[] 12:09 pm: Oh wait
[] 12:09 pm: I thought it was 135 creds for the stuff
[Lazarus] 12:09 pm: 135+150 from the 375
[Lazarus] 12:10 pm: 150 for the sutopilot
[] 12:10 pm: 150 was for the autopilot
[] 12:10 pm: Ahhh
[] 12:10 pm: Well i start paying it back either way *gives Alex 20 credits and Ray 20*
[starjunky] 12:11 pm: "Thanks Boss, good start.
[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: The Fire Angel lifts smoothly, if a little sluggishly from all the cargo for Ezra.
[] 12:11 pm: Also give Ian and boomer their share
[] 12:11 pm: 20 credits for ian and boomer
[] 12:11 pm: then pocket 10 for myself
[monster87] 12:11 pm: thanks cap!
[] 12:11 pm: I always pay my debts
[Throol] 12:12 pm: "Let's do this right, now! Gotta build us a good rep!"
[Lazarus] 12:12 pm: (mmmm the feel of cashy money)
[] 12:13 pm: (feel like i used it in 2 secs lol)
[] 12:14 pm: Alex lets take off we got a shipment to deliver
[starjunky] 12:14 pm: "how much cushion we got left to make the delviery deadline? Could think on doing a Hard Burn run if Boomer don't take offense
[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: The trip is uneventful, with Boomer making adjustments and swapping out parts as needed. Ace and Ian breathe a sigh of relief as the auto-pilot comes on line meaning they no long have to pull head to tail watches on the bridge
[starjunky] 12:14 pm: ( adds 2 to effeictvie speed class, but doubles fuel burn rate
[] 12:14 pm: (Dont need to do that)
[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: You've got a 24 margine, but hard burn will cut into your profit margin
[starjunky] 12:15 pm: "nice having robot driver again...
[monster87] 12:16 pm: "heh my pleasure Ace, although it was fun taking the wheel sometime"
[] 12:16 pm: *Comming out of his cabin and enters the cockpit*
[Lazarus] 12:17 pm: Boomer roll your mech eng + ship's vitality of d6
[] 12:17 pm: At least you can catch more shuteye now
[monster87] 12:18 pm: (just for roleplay fun - Boomer has taken a liking to Ace and is often found in the cockpit if she's not fixing stuff.)
[monster87] 12:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d6)
[monster87] 12:18 pm:

-> 1d10 (4)+ 1d6 (2) = 6


[Lazarus] 12:18 pm: (kk, go for it)
[Lazarus] 12:18 pm: Boomer is under one of the panels on the bridge and comes up swearing.
[starjunky] 12:19 pm: "never good when a top-notch mechanic starts cussin"
[monster87] 12:19 pm: * bashes her head * "O god even that happends today. Auch..."
[Lazarus] 12:19 pm: "Every rutting time I think I'm making progress, I find something else ready to burn out or go south."
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:20 pm: Looks like you are going to need another 65 credits in parts to keep the ship running
[monster87] 12:20 pm: "thanks for the compliment Ace" * smiles with her hand on a sore spot on her head *
[] 12:20 pm: Whats wrong boomer
[] 12:20 pm: *steps back to leave her room to get up*
[monster87] 12:21 pm: "I just screwed up the control plate here. Going to need a new one when we land Cap'n."
[monster87] 12:21 pm: * gets up * "I'm sorry..."
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:21 pm: Just to let you know the target number is 11 for the monthly maintenance roll
[] 12:21 pm: Wong Ba Duhn
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 4]: omegaa6977 has left at 12:21 pm+
[] 12:21 pm: (Son of a bitch)
[] 12:22 pm: more expenses well its nothing serious i hope
[starjunky] 12:22 pm: "gonna affect how she handles, Boomer?
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:22 pm: ok
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:22 pm: Roll Ship's alertness d4+your int
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:22 pm: won't effect how she handles? or am I unsure about it?
[starjunky] 12:23 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d4+d6)
[starjunky] 12:23 pm:

-> 1d4 (2)+ 1d6 (1) = 3


[Lazarus->monster87] 12:23 pm: no major issues, just need more parts or ship will have to roll for failures
[starjunky] 12:23 pm: add 2 plot points to that
[monster87] 12:23 pm: "Wish I could tell you it's a couple of screws cap'n, but normally a control plate costs about 65 credits
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:23 pm: You pick up a badly garbled signal.
[starjunky] 12:23 pm: (leaves me with 4 pp
[] 12:23 pm: Well thats not to bad i guess
[monster87] 12:23 pm: "I think she'll fly without it, especially if we don't wait too long to fix it
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:24 pm: save the plot points 2 won't help
[starjunky->Lazarus] 12:24 pm: k
[starjunky] 12:24 pm: ( pp returned...
[] 12:24 pm: Whaya mean shell fly without it
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:24 pm: you can roll same again
[starjunky] 12:25 pm: "I'm picking up a badly garbled signal, from what I'm not sure
[] 12:25 pm: Are you saying that panels mite bit important to our general shineyness *looking at her questioningly*
[] 12:25 pm: Signal you say what sort ?
[starjunky] 12:25 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d4+d6)
[starjunky] 12:25 pm:

-> 1d4 (1)+ 1d6 (4) = 5


[Lazarus->monster87] 12:25 pm: just general fixing to keep everything at full spec. she can run short on parts, but things will start to fail
[monster87] 12:25 pm: "err no.. it could cause some problems with the controls, but I'm not sure what part of it is broken exactly.."
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:26 pm: i just improvised it a bit
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:26 pm: still too garbled to understand
[starjunky] 12:26 pm: "still too garbled to understand, Capn
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:26 pm: you do have a rough bearing
[] 12:26 pm: can you make the signal stronger somehow ?
[starjunky] 12:26 pm: "got a rough fix on bearing tho
[] 12:27 pm: Is it a distress signal you are talking about ?
[Lazarus] 12:28 pm: (Intelligence + tech eng will get you a bonus to ship's alertness)
[monster87] 12:28 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d12)
[monster87] 12:28 pm:

-> 1d12 (7)+ 1d12 (10) = 17


[] 12:28 pm: Boomer ya think you can boost the signal somehow ?
[monster87] 12:28 pm: on it cap'n
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:28 pm: that's fine. the maintenance parts are not specific components, just basic preventive stuff
[Lazarus] 12:29 pm: Boomer gets to tweaking and adjusting and the singal locks in clearly along with a solid fix on the soruce
[Lazarus] 12:30 pm: Everyone can roll alertness=perception
[] 12:30 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[] 12:30 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (4) = 10


[starjunky] 12:30 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[starjunky] 12:30 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d6 (4) = 10


[Throol] 12:31 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 12:31 pm:

-> 2d6 (1,6 = 7)


[Lazarus] 12:31 pm: "Mathdath, math dath, ist anyone therh?"
[] 12:31 pm: Did that just sound like mayday
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:31 pm: "You get the feeling the person speaking has some sort of lisp
[Lazarus->] 12:31 pm: "You get the feeling the person speaking has some form of lisp
[->Lazarus] 12:32 pm: Kay
[monster87] 12:32 pm: huh, what?
[monster87] 12:33 pm: (totally un-perceptive as usually)
[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: "Mathdath, mathdath, pleth respthon?"
[] 12:34 pm: *Picks up the coms unit and tries to talk to whoever is on the other side* This is the Fire Angel how may we be of assistance
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:34 pm: Can I make out what the intended message is?
[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: "Helo, hello, ith hearth youth!"
[monster87] 12:34 pm: (can I boost it more?)
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: "My thip sthuffered an exthplothion, I am tole thurvivor. peath helpth!"
[] 12:35 pm: Your signal seems garbled but we can hear you
[Throol] 12:35 pm: "Sounds like they have a lisp."
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:35 pm: signal is crystal clear, person speaking seems to be the problem
[] 12:35 pm: Explosion you say ?
[Lazarus] 12:36 pm: "Yeath exthplothion."
[->Lazarus] 12:36 pm: Im gonna use intution here
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:36 pm: source is not that far off your course, probably cost you an hour off your 24 hour cushion
[Lazarus->] 12:37 pm: roll it
[starjunky] 12:37 pm: *Ace attempts to calculate how much extra time needed to get to his location, and still deliver the cargo
[] 12:37 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 12:37 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d8 (1) = 4


[Lazarus->Throol] 12:37 pm: ALertness=perception/hearing
[starjunky] 12:37 pm: "Capn, he's close by. ONly cost us about an hour to detour
[Lazarus->] 12:37 pm: Persons terrified, but that's about all you can get
[] 12:37 pm: What about the rest of your crew what happened ?
[monster87] 12:37 pm: * I'll make the same calculation as Ace, but probably faster *
[] 12:38 pm: Well an hour should not hurt he seems like he is in trouble
[Lazarus] 12:38 pm: "Fuel thell rupthured. I was neareth to pod."
[] 12:38 pm: So you are in the pod now ?
[Lazarus] 12:39 pm: "Yeath, pleath helpth."
[] 12:39 pm: I can message the alliance and have them pick you up if you want
[] 12:40 pm: (Im just saying that to discern his sincerness)
[Lazarus] 12:40 pm: (All Browncoat supporters chuckle at that one. Yeah Alliance sure)
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:40 pm: Dull Hearing, /roll 1d6+1d2
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:40 pm: ok
[Throol] 12:40 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d2)
[Throol] 12:40 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d2 (1) = 6


[] 12:41 pm: But if you are lacking in air we can offer assistance
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: "Allianath? no, no, pleath, I can makth youth a dealth"
[] 12:41 pm: What deal
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:41 pm: one thing is clear, guy is terrified
[monster87] 12:41 pm: * laughs *
[Lazarus] 12:42 pm: "Pleath helpth. I haveth acceth to money muth money."
[] 12:43 pm: Well sir we can talk about that once you are on board we will come pick you up hang tight alright
[Lazarus] 12:43 pm: "thankth youth! oh thankth youth thoo muth!!"
[Lazarus] 12:44 pm: You alter course slightly and arrive in less than 30 minutes.
[] 12:44 pm: Not a problem hang tight we are on our way *cuts coms*
[] 12:44 pm: This guy sounds a mite bit sketchy grab your guns just incase
[Lazarus] 12:44 pm: You see the pod floating and it does look preatty beat up like was close to an explosion
[Throol] 12:45 pm: "He sounds terrified. We'd best decide where we're gonna put him."
[Lazarus] 12:45 pm: You get a singal as you get within visual range
[] 12:45 pm: Well we should have a room available
[Throol] 12:46 pm: "I always got my guns, and everything else."
[monster87] 12:46 pm: "blah don't like guns"
[starjunky] 12:46 pm: *Ace uses this opportunity to assess if/how the control plate issue affects handling
[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: "Hello, thankth youth thoo muth. I musth warn youth, I wathe badly disthfigureth whith esthcapingth. I donth wanth toth thare youth."
[monster87] 12:47 pm: "this guy has been through hell. Let's give him a warm welcome" * goes to arrange hot chocolate or something equivalent *
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:48 pm: ship seems to be flying find. not as responsive as usual, but you noted that before you left Athens
[Throol] 12:48 pm: "Sounds like he's gonna need a medic."
[] 12:48 pm: (I got my assaultrifle on my back just incase)
[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: ship's d4 + piloting Ace
[] 12:48 pm: Im sure you will be fine we got a doctor who can patch you up somewhat hopefully
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: Ray wandered up to the bridge during the approach. "I'm on it cap,"
[] 12:49 pm: (Im guessing we can use Ray as a NPC doc)
[starjunky] 12:49 pm: "Boomer, she don't feel much different than when we first left port - thats good news
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: (yep)
[monster87] 12:49 pm: "Ok good, but keep it in mind and tell me if something feels amiss"
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:50 pm: don't forget your +2 step bonus to ship's agility for born behind wheel d8 + piloting
[starjunky->Lazarus] 12:50 pm: oh yeah, thx
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:50 pm: np
[starjunky] 12:51 pm: brb, gonna rustle up lunch real quick
[] 12:51 pm: Im gonna get out some food
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:51 pm: roll first if you can
[] 12:51 pm: (Ingame that is in the mess hall for the guy)
[Lazarus] 12:53 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d10)
[Lazarus] 12:53 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d10 (8) = 16


[Lazarus] 12:53 pm: Ace docks as smooth as Sihnon silk with the pod and once the airlock seals, you are ready to find out what exactly is going on.
[monster87] 12:53 pm: (somehow I'm thinking of reavers :P)
[Lazarus] 12:54 pm: (Reavers aren't known for their communication skills)
[] 12:54 pm: (Since when to reavers talk smart reavers ? damn i hate laz if hes pulling that on us now)
[monster87] 12:55 pm: well I go to welcome him with my cup of warm something
[Lazarus] 12:55 pm: (Moi, change Canon? Never)
[Lazarus] 12:55 pm: The pod cycles open
[starjunky] 12:56 pm: bk
[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: who is there to meet him?
[monster87] 12:56 pm: guessing me and Ian?
[monster87] 12:56 pm: since ace was at the controls and cap'n in the mess
[] 12:56 pm: Im prepping some warm food
[starjunky->Lazarus] 12:56 pm: still need a roll?
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:57 pm: got it already
[] 12:57 pm: (unless i did that before it docked)
[Throol] 12:57 pm: I'm definitely there, and ready
[Lazarus] 12:57 pm: okay, ray, ian, john, and boomer
[Lazarus] 12:57 pm: The survivor says “Hello” and everyone must roll Willpower + Discipline / Appropriate Specialty as a fright check versus a HARD (11) difficulty when they see him.
[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: The cowering survivor is dressed in fairly clean, if oversized, spacer’s coveralls, but has a face that is severely mutilated. His nose is missing, ragged scars run across his forehead, and several pieces of metal pierce his cheeks. The man looks like a REAVER!
[] 12:58 pm: Well i come to greet the guy after my meal is done
[] 12:58 pm: so i guess i roll as well ?
[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: yes
[monster87] 12:59 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8)
[monster87] 12:59 pm:

-> 1d8 (4)


[Lazarus->] 12:59 pm: you can use your mental resistance
[monster87] 12:59 pm: * the cup shatters to the ground *
[Lazarus] 12:59 pm: Boomer screams and drops the cup of hot cocoa
[] 12:59 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d12)
[] 12:59 pm:

-> 1d12 (9)+ 1d12 (6) = 15


[] 12:59 pm: Boyah
[] 1:00 pm: Damned man you look like you have been through hell
[Lazarus] 1:00 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+18)
[Lazarus] 1:00 pm:

-> 1d10 (7)+ 18 (18) = 25


[Lazarus] 1:00 pm: oops
[Lazarus] 1:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d8)
[Lazarus] 1:01 pm:

-> 1d10 (3)+ 1d8 (4) = 7


[Throol] 1:01 pm: I have steady calm, major. No problem.
[Lazarus] 1:01 pm: "PLEATH DON'TH HURT MEH!"
[Lazarus] 1:02 pm: Ray gasps "Shen sheng de gao wan!" as he steps back in shock.
[] 1:02 pm: Woa Woa boomer calm down If your talking about the guns you can never be to careful we are harmless i assure you *speaking to the horribly disfigured man*
[Throol] 1:02 pm: "Why would we hurt you dude?"
[Lazarus] 1:03 pm: "Oh thankth youth, pleath, I knowth I lookth liketh a monther, but I will noth hurth youth."
[starjunky] 1:03 pm: *over ship intercom* standing by, lemme know when we should head to original destination, Capn"
[monster87] 1:04 pm: * obviously calmed down by the captain and caught up by her intelligence that this can't be a reaver * "Heh you gave me a scare there dude. No offence meant, I'll get you a new cup of hot cocoa"
[monster87] 1:04 pm: * goes to the mess *
[] 1:05 pm: *Talking through coms* i think we should get this shuttle docked then we can be on our way
[Lazarus] 1:05 pm: “I know I am at your merthy, but in exth-change for yourth helpth, I can offer youth a way to become wealthy. My thip and crew were involved in an illegal talvaging operathion and I know the locathion of a hoard of plundered loot. As I have nothing else to offer, I freely will thow you how to find this wealth, but you can only do tho with my help.”
[] 1:05 pm: (Im guessing the shuttles still in good condition)
[Lazarus] 1:05 pm: (its a pod)
[Lazarus] 1:05 pm: (Its in your loading ramp)
[] 1:05 pm: (Ah pod okay)
[] 1:05 pm: (Escape pod)
[] 1:05 pm: *Right lets go Alex*
[] 1:05 pm: *Guessing everythings locked down and stuff*
[] 1:06 pm: Lets get you to the sick bay *The makeshift one Ray made*
[starjunky] 1:06 pm: "roger, resuming course

[] 1:06 pm: Lets get you to the sickbay first we can talk once you are treated
[Lazarus] 1:06 pm: "Uh yeah, s-sick bay" Ray maanges to say
[] 1:07 pm: Damn it ray shape up you must have been through worse during the war
[Lazarus] 1:08 pm: "But them was people Captain. N-not REAVERS."
[] 1:09 pm: This guys talking i aint ever heard of reavers doing anything but murdering people
[Lazarus] 1:09 pm: You see the man cringe at the use of the word reaver, but he seems calmed by the captain's acceptance
[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: "Uh, well, yeah, ya got me there. Let's take a look at you. I'm a Medic."
[Throol] 1:10 pm: Ian keeps a calm eye on the refugee, just in case
[] 1:10 pm: I talk to ian after they head off to medbay
[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: THe man slowly emerges from the pod, clearly terrified
[Lazarus] 1:11 pm: He walks with Ray and takes a desperate look at John as he passes.
[] 1:12 pm: *uses a calming smile as he walks by*
[Throol] 1:12 pm: Ian's going to stick with the refugee, do his job of keeping the crew safe
[] 1:12 pm: Yeah i talk to ian about keeping watch on medbay we can take turns on the shifts
[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: The two exit view with Ray shaking his head as he goes 'Done seen EVERYTHING now."
[] 1:14 pm: *heads back to the bridge after he has spoken with ian*
[Lazarus] 1:14 pm: Who takes first watch?
[] 1:14 pm: Ian does
[Lazarus] 1:14 pm: kk
[] 1:14 pm: *stops by the mess hall*
[Lazarus] 1:14 pm: After 20 minutes or so, Ray enters the bridge
[] 1:14 pm: You okay boomer you seemed a mite bit fright back there
[monster87] 1:14 pm: * I bring the hot cacoa over to the medbay, and try to hide that I can't really manage to look at him. I still want to help though *
[] 1:15 pm: (Im just saying that as i pass by to the bridge)
[monster87] 1:15 pm: "Yeah Cap'n. Guess I just never seen someone so torn up"
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:15 pm: having experience with explosions. Do I think an explosion caused those wounds?
[monster87] 1:16 pm: "Gave me a bit of a scare"
[] 1:16 pm: *As the captain passes you by you can see hes locked in thought as you said those words* Yeah you really never get used to it really *walking by*
[Lazarus->Throol] 1:16 pm: THe quasi-reaver is deferential and very jumpy. He flinches whenever Doc touched him, but did not resist. He showed signs of burns and heavy bruising
[monster87] 1:16 pm: * stares a bit after the cap'n before going back to her buisness with the hot cacoa *
[] 1:16 pm: Try not to spill the hot chocolate this time *saying over his shoulders as he heads for the bridge*
[Lazarus] 1:17 pm: Assuming john and ray end up on bridge, Ray gives you a report
[] 1:17 pm: okay
[Lazarus] 1:17 pm: "thankth youth, youth are very kind."
[Throol->Lazarus] 1:17 pm: Keeping a close eye on him. Not concerned about his appearance, just being cautious like he would with anybody.
[monster87] 1:18 pm: * looking away * "Ah.. well.. it's nothing. I just wish I could do more. Help you with that. Like the doc can. But I guess that's not something I can do" * backs a bit back *
[] 1:18 pm: *Before Ray arrives i was talking to Alex about how far off course we are and how long we got before the drop ect*
[] 1:19 pm: So you managed to fix him up then Ray
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: You figure you lost an hour off your 24 hour cushion
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: Ray takes a seat and shakes his hed in amazement before speaking. "Not sure what we got Cap. He had some burns and was badly bruised. Look like he was a pucnhing bag. Aside from the stuff you could see onhis face, the reason he lisps so bad is his tongue is split down the middle."
[Lazarus->Throol] 1:20 pm: make an alertness + perception roll
[] 1:20 pm: So you saying the explosion would not be the cause of all this damage
[Lazarus] 1:20 pm: "The burns? Probably. The bruising? No way, looks like years of beatings."
[Throol] 1:21 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 1:21 pm:

-> 2d6 (2,3 = 5)


[Lazarus->monster87] 1:21 pm: The burns are consisent with an explosion
[] 1:21 pm: Hmm we should go ask him about it
[] 1:21 pm: Is he in stable enough condition to be questioned ?
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 4]: elf.thief has left at 1:21 pm+
[Lazarus->Throol] 1:22 pm: He remainds afaid of you, especially after Ray leaves.
[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: "He is about the most scared fellah I've ever seen Cap. I would go easy on him as he seems fragile. For a Reaver an all."
[starjunky] 1:22 pm: "could he be 'bait' for some reaver ambush?"
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: None of you have ever heard of a talking Reaver
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 4]: Lorax has left at 1:23 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: Not even from the drunkest spacer
[] 1:23 pm: For the last time i aint ever heard of a talking reaver they go around killing people first thing they see
[starjunky] 1:24 pm: "maybe he's not a Reaver (yet)?
[Throol->Lazarus] 1:24 pm: Kinda used to that, Intimidatin' Manner and all. I won't try to scare him, but I won't be overly comforting either, keeping it professional
[starjunky] 1:24 pm: "but working for 'em?
[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: (Not that John really believes in Reavers. Ghost stories told by fools)
[monster87] 1:24 pm: * I make some excuse to get away from the guy, skip past Ian and join the conversation of cap'n and the doc *
[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: No one has ever heard of a 'half' Reaver either
[] 1:24 pm: But i asked ian to keep an eye on him this whole situations a mite bit sketchy either way
[Lazarus->Throol] 1:25 pm: sure
[Lazarus->Throol] 1:25 pm: Seems like he recognizes that
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: Who goes to sickbay?
[] 1:26 pm: Oh boomer good thing think you can check the pod he came in for anything unusual
[monster87] 1:26 pm: "Sure Cap'n "
[monster87] 1:26 pm: * goes to check the pod *
[] 1:27 pm: Doc says his wounds arent natural for an explosion so hes either running from someone or somone is trying to find him for some reason either way this whole mess is a mite bit sketchy
[] 1:27 pm: I go to the medbay to question him
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:27 pm: You check out the pod and besides some blast damage to the outside, it is servicable. room for four with supplies for a week
[] 1:27 pm: and bring the doc along as well
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: The two of you arrive t find him sitting on the bed where doc left him.
[Serenity Out of the Ashes Session 4]: has left at 1:28 pm+
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:28 pm: probably worh 100 crdits
[] 1:28 pm: So how you feelin fellah i never did catch your name
[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: "Nameth? I...I...donth have a nameth. I thinkth I did onceth, but...I don't remember
[] 1:30 pm: What you mean you dont remember your name did the concussion to your head make you forget ?
[] 1:31 pm: (Ive had basic medical training so i can use a few fancy words but not much else)
[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: "I am leethe one in my packth, I couldthnot earn a nameth"
[] 1:31 pm: Im guessing you can add Amnesia to the list of things ailing this guy doc
[] 1:32 pm: Pack ? what pack
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: 'I wathe unworthy"
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: "The...the...otherths the Hunterths
[] 1:33 pm: Er hunters ? you a tribal or something from some backwash planet ?
[] 1:33 pm: Where do you come from The rim ?
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: "N-no..." He shudders for a second. "No the Reaverths"
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:33 pm: Can I search the logs or something technical to find out more about this pod and it's mothership?
[] 1:34 pm: Did i just hear you correct boy
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:34 pm: sure intelligence + tech eng
[] 1:34 pm: Reavers ?
[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: He raises his hands to protect himself in abject terror.
[] 1:34 pm: Son i aint gonna hurt you
[] 1:34 pm: I already told you that
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: "PLEATH DON'T END MEH!"
[] 1:35 pm: Did he just say reavers *looking around at the others*
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: "That's what I heard Cap."
[Throol] 1:35 pm: "Yes, yes he did. Wonder why they kept him alive."
[] 1:36 pm: Look fellah i aint gonna hurt you i would not have saved you from that pod if i was
[] 1:36 pm: Think about it
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: He looks like he would cray, but his face is so scarred, that it doesn't look like he can
[monster87] 1:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d12)
[monster87] 1:36 pm:

-> 1d12 (7)+ 1d12 (6) = 13


[] 1:37 pm: Did these *reavers* do this to you ?
[] 1:37 pm: I mean today it was not an explosion that hurt you but these *reavers*
[] 1:38 pm: The doc here says your wounds cant have come from just a mere explosion someone would have had to do it to you
[] 1:38 pm: Your safe here so you can tell me dont worry
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:38 pm: Pod was from a Sheelback-Class Freighter the Cecilia
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: okay, rather than fight through typing a lisp, here's the deal...
[] 1:39 pm: (haha well we get that he lisps anyway)
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: He tells you he was captured long ago when his ship was taken by Reavers while outbound for Athens. The rest of his crew, he begins to cry and can not say what happened to them. The only coherent thing he can say for several minutes is “they made me wawth.”
[] 1:39 pm: (Although i loved the authenticity you went into)
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: Doc told you he lisped because his tongue is split
[] 1:39 pm: (i know why yeah)
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:40 pm: can I cross-refrence that to my data-book or the cortex - to see who should own it and where it was last seen?
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: Eventually the survivor calms down enough to say, that he had to live among the Reavers ever since and knows how they operate, think, what they consider to be of no value, and most importantly, where they keep what they consider trash.
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:41 pm: You are a bit far out, five days from Athens for an uplink. THe ship data base doesn't keep a record of all known ships
[] 1:41 pm: *looks at the fellah very seriously more serious then the stern look that john usually has*
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: The trash is the money he mentioned
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:41 pm: ok i'll save it for later
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: and will trade how to get to that money for a trip to any remote region of any planet
[monster87] 1:42 pm: * comes back to the cap'n *
[] 1:42 pm: Well we are on our way to Ezra you will be safe there if your story is true you must be one in a million
[Lazarus->starjunky] 1:43 pm: make a ship's alertness + Intelligence roll
[] 1:43 pm: Ive never heard of sane people let alone people living along with reavers let alone thinking that the reavers where people
[] 1:43 pm: (ignore last part obviously miranda)
[Lazarus] 1:43 pm: "I donth know, Thir, I knowth they did meh no favorths
[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: (It is six months after the Miranda Broadcast, the whole 'Verse is up at arms about Miranda)
[] 1:45 pm: Well we are heading to a planet now im sure you will be safe there however your wounds might be a bit groteque for most people so you should check into a medical facility and get it looked at
[monster87] 1:45 pm: "Hi Cap'n, jobs done" * grins *
[] 1:45 pm: Ill be with you in a sec boomer
[] 1:45 pm: The doc will take care of you and we will make sure nothing happens to you *pointing at Ian*
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: At that point from the bridge, keeps the panicked voice of Ace. "Ship closing fast captain, they running with no core containment!"
[Throol] 1:46 pm: Ian nods.
[Throol] 1:46 pm: "Fuck."
[] 1:46 pm: *On my way*
[] 1:46 pm: Runs to the bridge
[monster87] 1:46 pm: * follows the cap'n *
[] 1:46 pm: Ian stay here with him
[Throol] 1:46 pm: Ian stays where he is
[] 1:46 pm: I say that before goign to the bridge
[] 1:47 pm: No core containment i thought that was deadly ?
[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: The man looks more terrified than ever.
[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: (FADE TO BLACK)
[starjunky] 1:47 pm: hehe, nice cliffhangar there LAz!
[monster87] 1:47 pm: haha yeah great
[->Lazarus] 1:48 pm: (Tbh i knew this was a fecking trap when we picked the guy up but John dont keep people stranded either way even if he has to be overly catious)
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: I am a fade of the old Pulp series, so Cliffhangers are my thing
[->Lazarus] 1:48 pm: (Damn you laz !)
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: *fan
[Lazarus] 1:49 pm: 3 AP for the adventure, with everyone gaining an extra point for great RP and another for not killing what looks like a Reaver on site for a total of 5AP
[] 1:49 pm: Great Session