Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 9:54 am+

[Lazarus] 9:54 am: Welcome to P&PG Chat.

[Lazarus] 9:56 am: I created room "Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed"

[General Chatter]: has left at 9:56 am+

[General Chatter]: has left at 9:56 am+

[General Chatter]: has left at 9:56 am+

[General Chatter]: has left at 9:56 am+

[General Chatter]: redwolffclaw has entered at 9:56 am+

[General Chatter]: redwolffclaw has left at 9:57 am+

[] 9:57 am: Welcome Red

[redwolffclaw] 9:57 am: Hey guys. Sorry about being an absent warrior. :(

[] 9:57 am: Look who decided to grace us with their presence. Lol... hey Red.

Welcome! You have entered [Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed] at 9:57 am+

[] 9:57 am: It's cool, I think you mighta gotten shot a little.. I let you clear the rooms instead of me. Lol

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: monster87 has entered at 9:58 am+

[Lazarus] 9:58 am: hello, odd no gabel

[monster87] 9:58 am: heya

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: has entered at 9:58 am+

[redwolffclaw] 9:58 am: So, what happpened at the fight? did I win?

[] 9:58 am: I got shot

[] 9:58 am: Holy shit.. a full house at start? Been awhile.

[] 9:58 am: Twice

[] 9:58 am: And yeah nice turn up.

[] 9:58 am: Hi red

[] 9:58 am: I got shot once, and flashbanged once.

[] 9:58 am: Gabgab fumbled a stun grenade

[] 9:59 am: You can be glad i dont throw explosives

[redwolffclaw] 9:59 am: hey duster

[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 9:59 am: Did I win my pit fight :D

[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 10:00 am: never got to it

[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 10:00 am: aw.

[redwolffclaw] 10:00 am: So what is going on now?

[Lazarus] 10:00 am: shot as in only just barely suvived kinda shot

[] 10:01 am: What's going on now? We made out getaway.. so we're flying in space, Gabel is trying to not flatline while also enjoying his main squeeze we saved.. plus like 11 other people.

[redwolffclaw] 10:01 am: Capitain is dying?

[] 10:01 am: L'il Henry has been reuinted with his parents, to much rejoicing

[] 10:01 am: No, he was just like amazingly close to dying.

[] 10:02 am: Skipper John get shot twice.

[] 10:02 am: Im playing cards with Lil Henry

[] 10:02 am: Oh yeah

[] 10:02 am: Don't let him take ALL your money, Skipper

[] 10:02 am: I recall, john wanted to heal naturally with the aid of booze

[] 10:02 am: We aint playing for takes jeeesh.

[] 10:02 am: What i never said that

[] 10:02 am: Alright, all caught up now.. lets do this Laz.

[Lazarus] 10:04 am: It takes three very crowded days to reach Whittier

[Lazarus] 10:07 am: You land and the survivors get the ranch

[Lazarus] 10:07 am: ready to operate again

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: has left at 10:07 am+

[Lazarus] 10:08 am: There are several angry waves from Killian

[] 10:09 am: I bet :rolleyes:

[] 10:09 am: :whistle:

[] 10:10 am: I casually read them in my private quarters on the way over to the ranch

[Lazarus->] 10:10 am: They start off concerned and then end up agry all pretty much wanting to know where you are

[->Lazarus] 10:11 am: I send him a wave back with the info on how we saved some ranchers from a deathmatch ring

[->Lazarus] 10:11 am: Who were taken against their will

[->Lazarus] 10:11 am: But time was of the essence and i could not contact him til now

[Lazarus] 10:12 am: The crew and the ranchers have had time to get to know each other

[] 10:13 am: I also rest up take my time playing cards with lil henry and what not

[Lazarus] 10:13 am: And now that you are on the ranch, they pull out all the stops for as big a dinner as they can put together

[] 10:13 am: Dinner sounds good right about now

[] 10:13 am: (Btw how much stun wound do i remove those 3 days)

[Lazarus->] 10:14 am: it's going to have to be a message as you are too far away for two way communications

[] 10:14 am: (Im like on 16 stun 3 wound atm)

[] 10:14 am: I guess the docs check up on me

[Lazarus] 10:14 am: the stun is all recovered and you are down to 3 wounds

[redwolffclaw] 10:14 am: food!

[Lazarus] 10:14 am: make that 2 wounds

[->Lazarus] 10:14 am: Okay

[monster87] 10:16 am: "Who will help me cook something delicious so the captain will be OK soon?

[Lazarus] 10:16 am: The ranchers will have none of you helping, you are their guests

[redwolffclaw] 10:17 am: i cannot cook. dont look at me

[Lazarus->] 10:18 am: His last message told you to travel to the planet newhall immediately

[->Lazarus] 10:18 am: Newhall ?

[monster87] 10:18 am: You can learn now Jo :) Come * drags her *

[Lazarus] 10:19 am: You aren't allowed in the kitchen, you are the guests

[->Lazarus] 10:19 am: Well i would tell him i wouldnt be able to arrive right away but i would be on my way.

[] 10:19 am: ((Sweet and cheerful - and very determined :) ))

[Lazarus->] 10:19 am: you can put that in your reply

[monster87] 10:20 am: ow sorry I thought we were on board -- well lets say that happened right after the succesfull rescue opp. Let's skip that :P

[->Lazarus] 10:20 am: As im making sure the ranchers are okay and what not

[Lazarus] 10:20 am: sure you could cook something on the ship, you had three days

[Lazarus] 10:20 am: but the extra people pretyy much drained your supply of food down to almost nothing

[redwolffclaw] 10:21 am: if it doesnt come in a can i cant cook

[] 10:21 am: (AKDJASLDHASKJLWEA)

[Lazarus->] 10:21 am: perversely, they were kept in fairly good condition for the fights

[] 10:21 am: Well, Frank is looking forward to the party -as long as he doesn't have to dance

[->Lazarus] 10:21 am: Hey

[->Lazarus] 10:21 am: Did you get around to checking if the crew were veterans ?

[Lazarus->] 10:21 am: yes

[->Lazarus] 10:21 am: And Fucking bastard Deathmatch people

[->Lazarus] 10:21 am: All im saying

[->Lazarus] 10:21 am: And were they veterans ?

[Lazarus->] 10:22 am: sorry no. I've been unfortunately busy, I'm doning three things right now

[->Lazarus] 10:22 am: Alright laz just had to ask is all otherwise i wouldnt know if you had or not :)

[Lazarus] 10:22 am: not that kind of party

[] 10:22 am: Its a big ol family dinner type thing

[] 10:23 am: Is what im imagining right now

[] 10:23 am: Ayuh

[] 10:23 am: (My gorram food supply damn it)

[] 10:23 am: (Shit good thing i bought a months supply)

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: TheMagicalMick has entered at 10:23 am+

[] 10:23 am: Wb Mick

[monster87] 10:23 am: im imaging the party on the episode of firefly where mal got himself married

[TheMagicalMick] 10:24 am: (Yeah... I thought my power transformer blew up for a moment there.. my entire power went out, I heard the transformer for the whole street humming and crackling.. then my power went back on.. but it took this long for me to beat my internet into working again.)

[TheMagicalMick] 10:26 am: (What happened?)

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: has left at 10:26 am+

[] 10:27 am: (nothing)

[Lazarus] 10:27 am: SIGH, my car has been remarkably reliable, but it seems it wants the moon right now. If I do everything the mechanics want to do, it needs 2300 bucks of repairs. life is good

[] 10:27 am: Youch

[] 10:28 am: (Gabgab got some waves from killian)

[] 10:28 am: yow, not a Suby I hope

[] 10:28 am: I feel you Laz, I just had to pay a mechanic 400 euros.

[TheMagicalMick] 10:28 am: (400 euros.. that's what like.. 2.. 3 bucks?)

[Lazarus] 10:29 am: Did I mention wife is dragging me to hawaii and that's going to cost me at least 2000 more?

[Lazarus] 10:29 am: you wish mick, close to 500 bucks

[] 10:29 am: Thats quite alot for a student like me

[Lazarus] 10:30 am: Not quite that big either rein, just the survivors and the one extra guy that no one knows

[] 10:30 am: (Oh i would have tried to get the guys name if nobody knew him)

[TheMagicalMick] 10:30 am: (I call BS! With Greece, Italy, and Spain in the state their in, I wouldn't give you a pebble for a euro.)

[] 10:31 am: (Wondering what the hell got him there in the first place)

[Lazarus] 10:31 am: (Jason Chen, he got snatched on Santo)

[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 10:31 am: Are we actually playing right now?

[] 10:31 am: Nice ter meet ya mr Chen

[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 10:32 am: Ah, there we go.

[] 10:32 am: ((Yeah Mick - the euro and the EU are both looking very wobbly right now. And if the euro fails, I wouldn't give you peanuts for Sterling (GBPs)))

[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 10:33 am: sorry, trying to deal with car and a sudden demand for a complete 2-1, have you got any idea how much work it is to create one from scratch for a 35 year career?

[Lazarus] 10:33 am: the euro is currently at 1.28 dollars to 1

[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 10:34 am: Yeaaaaah.

[Lazarus->] 10:34 am: you figure the round trip for the message to Killian will take about 5 hours

[->Lazarus] 10:34 am: Okay

[Lazarus] 10:34 am: Laura and her people do everything they can to make you feel as welcome as possible

[->Lazarus] 10:34 am: So enough time to sit and eat with the family and what not have a meal ect

[->Lazarus] 10:35 am: I still need an NPC second in comand i cant trust mick after his display last session

[Lazarus->] 10:35 am: you got the feeling that he'd want you moving now, but that's up toyou

[->Lazarus] 10:35 am: Gorram bastard lol

[Lazarus->] 10:35 am: well you did drop off the gride for ten days

[->Lazarus] 10:36 am: No i was talking about mick not Killian

[->Lazarus] 10:36 am: lol

[Lazarus] 10:36 am: they slaughter severl suckling pigs for the main course

[->Lazarus] 10:36 am: I can understand killian

[Lazarus] 10:36 am: and as many fresh vegetables as most ofyou have ever seen

[Lazarus] 10:36 am: topped off with real apple pie

[TheMagicalMick] 10:36 am: Well, Luke was an optimist. Of what one might ask? Well of course starvation and dehydration in captivity meant at least all the women would be skinny! Of course maybe some more than is healthy, or crying... hell, who was he kidding? These were people probably grieving the death of their friends and family as they got taken captive and then enslaved. At least there was plenty of food and drink to keep distracted.

[Lazarus->] 10:37 am: yeah, he did get you shot to ribbons

[Lazarus->] 10:37 am: if not for your armor and 20 life points, you'd still be in ICU

[monster87] 10:37 am: "This is delicious!"

[->Lazarus] 10:37 am: :(

[->Lazarus] 10:37 am: Yeah i know it kind of irked me Mick didnt have my back

[] 10:37 am: Apple pie? Yummy! Is their custard?

[] 10:37 am: There

[] 10:38 am: Oh Custard my favorite

[] 10:38 am: (IRL that is lol)

[Lazarus->] 10:38 am: I could see why

[Lazarus] 10:38 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)

[Lazarus] 10:38 am:

-> 1d6 (6)

 

[Lazarus] 10:38 am: there is indeed custard

[] 10:38 am: ((Goes into raptures thinking about his mom's apple crumble and custard))

[redwolffclaw] 10:38 am: Can I show them something cool with the custard?

[] 10:39 am: You think you will be safe here we might have disabled their ship but whats to stop them from comming after ya again...

[redwolffclaw] 10:39 am: Boomer I will need your blow torch

[->Lazarus] 10:39 am: Yeah so i think my only proper choice would be an NPC second in command

[monster87] 10:39 am: It's on the ship

[redwolffclaw] 10:40 am: i run back to the ship and grab the blow torch yelling "Save some custard!"

[->Lazarus] 10:40 am: (But seeing as we might be changing days and what not we might need more NPC's as crew anyway

[Lazarus] 10:40 am: "ANyone shows up again talking about terraforming crew will die of lead poisoning before they get close enough to snatch so much as a daisy out of the garden

[Lazarus->] 10:41 am: only one you are losing for certain is Alex, Luke can become the pilot

[] 10:41 am: *Rubs his Scar* Yeah... that sounds about right

[] 10:41 am: *Zack is a bit confused, apart from very few occasions, he has lived on simple travel rations. He tries a bit of everything, not being too comfortable with anything.*

[] 10:41 am: *Frowning slightly*

[redwolffclaw] 10:41 am: I come back with the blow torch. "I need a bit of sugar. Anyone got some?"

[->Lazarus] 10:41 am: True but he hasnt got the Speciality for transport ships has he ?

[->Lazarus] 10:41 am: And who will fly the Derringer if Luke flies the thingy

[->Lazarus] 10:42 am: The Angel*

[Lazarus] 10:44 am: sugar is produced from the kitchen

[Lazarus->] 10:44 am: no he doesn't but he can learn

[] 10:44 am: Mighty grateful for the food our food supplies kinda dwindled on the way over *chuckles*

[] 10:44 am: Ahah - Booms wants to make creme brulee

[redwolffclaw] 10:45 am: Nope Jo is making it

[] 10:45 am: (Red / Jo is)

[] 10:45 am: (To late)

[monster87] 10:45 am: (agrees with captain) Yeah this is Yummy

[] 10:45 am: (Damn you filthy fingers for being slow)

[redwolffclaw] 10:45 am: I put sugar on the top of the custard and brule it with the blow torch

[Lazarus] 10:46 am: roll agility + craft, just agility if you don't have the skill

[redwolffclaw] 10:47 am: I am spending two plot points cuz I dont wanna ruin the custard

[] 10:47 am: Ah - sorry

[TheMagicalMick] 10:47 am: "Now that's just the dumbest thing I have ever heard.. taking a torch to perfectly good natural nutrition.." Luke just shook his head. He was all about space, loved it, been in it more often than not since adulthood, but you never did get fresh, naturally grown food like this up there. One of space's few flaws in his mind.

[redwolffclaw] 10:48 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d4)

[redwolffclaw] 10:48 am:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d4 (2) = 3

 

[Lazarus] 10:48 am: you can jo

[redwolffclaw] 10:48 am: crap

[redwolffclaw] 10:48 am: stupid blow torch wont light.

[Lazarus] 10:48 am: well you didn't quite set the thing on fire

[Lazarus] 10:48 am: but no one is going to be eating what's left

[] 10:48 am: Jo what in the gorram hells are you doing.

[redwolffclaw] 10:48 am: :( sorry.

[monster87] 10:49 am: can I help Jo with the blowtorch?

[] 10:49 am: You just ruined a perfectly good desert damn it i was looking forward to custard.

[] 10:49 am: Awww - that's a waste of good custard, Jo :(

[Lazarus] 10:49 am: at least she still has her eyebrows

[] 10:49 am: *Zack starts laughing*

[] 10:49 am: *Captain then chuckles*

[TheMagicalMick] 10:49 am: (Just the one, I thought, Laz..)

[Lazarus] 10:49 am: se didn't botch

[Lazarus] 10:49 am: she*

[redwolffclaw] 10:49 am: i didnt do it to all the custard

[TheMagicalMick] 10:49 am: (Nah, but I thought one side of her face was all messed up.)

[TheMagicalMick] 10:50 am: (Eyebrows don't grow back through scarring.)

[redwolffclaw] 10:50 am: yeah should say at least I still have my eyebrow

[] 10:50 am: ((@Laz - not quite, but it was sure close))

[] 10:50 am: ( afk a bit, wife needs help )

[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 10:50 am: So I am 100% understanding these interlude things now. I am going to have to write up a couple.

[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 10:51 am: they are fun and worth either adventure cards or bennies

[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 10:51 am: I just want to do them for the fun, more than anything.

[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 10:52 am: Good to have character development/finding more out about PCs.

[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 10:52 am: Of course I will keep all of mine IC, not nearly as fun if the other characters don't know.

[Lazarus] 10:52 am: therre is a lot of food and lots of good times besides the undercurrent of loss for the ranchers that didn't survive

[Lazarus] 10:53 am: however, eventually, the mean and the evening is over

[redwolffclaw] 10:53 am: I didnt mean to wreck it guys. The house cooks make it look so easy.

[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 10:53 am: I have one for all four categories ready at all times

[TheMagicalMick] 10:54 am: "House cooks?" Luke scoffed. "Looks like someone was getting all cultured and high class without us."

[] 10:54 am: Well thank you for the meal it was lovely.

[monster87] 10:54 am: Yeah we greatly appreciated it

[Lazarus] 10:54 am: And John knows he will be getting a wave from Killian soon

[redwolffclaw] 10:54 am: .... how do you know I was not a servant watching the house cooks? :P

[] 10:55 am: I better get back to the ship i got a message comming in

[] 10:55 am: Around about now

[] 10:55 am: *Frank settles back in his chair with a contented sigh*

[] 10:56 am: *as the laugh wears off, wipes off a tear from his eye* "... Just dont.. let her... near the foodstorage."

[Lazarus] 10:56 am: John returns to the ship and less than two minutes after the five hour turn around time he has a message from Killian

[] 10:56 am: "Well, that was the best meal I've eaten in a long time. Thank you all very much."

[] 10:56 am: I peruse it in my quarters

[TheMagicalMick] 10:56 am: "Because I can't imagine you in a little frilly skirt.. or rather, I suppose I can, but it just makes me laugh." A frank man, that's what Luke was. Maybe not always the most tactful, but he was who he was. He was looking forward to getting back into the black. He could try to do a little more work on Cujo.

[] 10:56 am: :whistle:

[] 10:56 am: *Gets up* Will talk to yall later *smiles at little henry* *Glances at laura before he heads back off to the ship* Be back in a bit.

[redwolffclaw] 10:57 am: The minute he said frilly skirt i punch him

[Lazarus->] 10:57 am: He's still pretty mad. But no longer threatening lawsuit or calling in the alliance

[redwolffclaw] 10:57 am: Lucky for you I am pulling it.

[] 10:58 am: ((But it's still going to leave a bruise))

[Lazarus] 10:58 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)

[Lazarus] 10:58 am:

-> 1d6 (3)

 

[->Lazarus] 10:58 am: (Why the hell didnt i get those messages while i was off saving laura damn it lol)

[redwolffclaw] 10:58 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)

[redwolffclaw] 10:58 am:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (5) = 11

 

[->Lazarus] 10:58 am: Out of reach i guess

[redwolffclaw] 10:59 am: not in the face though. Wouldnt want to mess up his good looks

[Lazarus->] 10:59 am: You need to be on Newhall within two days is his damand. If not, he will cancel your contract and have you bound by law for grand theft

[->Lazarus] 10:59 am: Can we make Newhall in two days ?

[->Lazarus] 11:00 am: I dont even know where it is

[Lazarus] 11:00 am: Luke can roll alertness+perception

[Lazarus->] 11:00 am: roll int+piloting

[] 11:00 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)

[] 11:00 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (6) = 8

 

[TheMagicalMick] 11:00 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)

[TheMagicalMick] 11:00 am:

-> 2d10 (3,3 = 6)

 

[Lazarus] 11:00 am: you got enough of a tell to be able to roll agility+dodge

[redwolffclaw] 11:00 am: And at least I didnt Judo chop him.

[Lazarus] 11:00 am: sorry,

[Lazarus] 11:01 am: JUST Agility

[TheMagicalMick] 11:01 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10)

[TheMagicalMick] 11:01 am:

-> 1d10 (5)

 

[TheMagicalMick] 11:01 am: (Hah, nice Laz..)

[Lazarus] 11:01 am: You only got Innate Defense

[] 11:01 am: (Stumpy)

[->Lazarus] 11:01 am: I got an 8

[Lazarus] 11:01 am: that is 6 points of stun, that hurt

[] 11:02 am: *Zack looks at the scene, shoked for a second, then starts laughing again.*

[->Lazarus] 11:02 am: Oh gorram it their infighting now what is this

[redwolffclaw] 11:02 am: "Do not presume to know what I used to be."

[Lazarus->] 11:02 am: taking a best guess without using the computer, you figure that should be fairly easy

[TheMagicalMick] 11:02 am: Well as long as it was not in the face. He wasn't really good looking, but more importantly, he didn't want to break his aviators. Those were expensive to find quality ones based off of the classics. "Ouch woman, pick on someone your own size." Of course referring to the fact that he hovered around the 5'6 size, and not very heavy. Perfect pilot size to fit into a possible tight cockpit. He would laugh though none the less.

[->Lazarus] 11:03 am: Well i go back to the crew and ask alex if im not sure

[->Lazarus] 11:03 am: But i walk back if thats the message i got

[] 11:04 am: "Haha-ha... Thats our security officer, always-... always eager to punch cripples.. haha-ha"

[] 11:04 am: *Walks back to the ranch*

[] 11:04 am: *Takes in the air and enjoys the view while he walks back*

[] 11:05 am: *Frank watches the scene, more amused than anything else.*

[] 11:05 am: *Absently remembering quieter times john looks rather solemn but picks himself up before he reaches the ranch*

[Lazarus->] 11:06 am: ok

[->Lazarus] 11:06 am: He already knows i was going to come since i sent that message earlier

[->Lazarus] 11:06 am: (Unless i was supposed to send that now)

[->Lazarus] 11:06 am: But yeah either way

[Lazarus] 11:07 am: john returns to find his crew and the ranchers highly amused by something

[] 11:07 am: Whats so funny *John tries to put on a smile*

[redwolffclaw] 11:08 am: "He said it was funny to imagine me in a frilly dress as a child. So I decked him."

[monster87] 11:08 am: (im a bit afk on a skype call)

[] 11:08 am: I could imagine him in a frilly dress *Captain chuckles*

[] 11:09 am: And it aint a pretty sight

[] 11:09 am: *Takes an available chair and plants his ass down*

[] 11:09 am: *sighs*

[redwolffclaw] 11:09 am: Jo laughs

[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 11:09 am: What do I have to roll to see the capitain is not happy?

[] 11:10 am: Never a moments rest... *takes out an old pocket watch that looks broken and dent*

[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 11:10 am: alert+perception

[] 11:11 am: (Has a dent*)

[redwolffclaw] 11:11 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 11:11 am:

-> 2d6 (1,6 = 7)

 

[->Lazarus] 11:11 am: Btw we did recover my handgun right ?

[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 11:11 am: can't really say he's unhappy, but does sem preoccupied

[->Lazarus] 11:11 am: I told Z to do it but it kind of got swept under the rug

[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 11:12 am: k

[Lazarus->] 11:12 am: yes

[->Lazarus] 11:12 am: Okay thanks

[redwolffclaw] 11:12 am: I go sit by the capitain. "What is on your mind?"

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: TheMagicalMick has left at 11:12 am+

[] 11:13 am: Just old memories Jo Just old memories *Captain sighs* Killian wants us in Newhall in two days.

[redwolffclaw] 11:13 am: Is that going to be a problem?

[] 11:13 am: Not as far as i can tell we could make it there in time

[] 11:14 am: Hes kind of pissed we dropped off the grid

[] 11:14 am: *Zack has settled down a bit* "You did decide to suddenly totally derail us captain."

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: has left at 11:14 am+

[] 11:14 am: But with all this mess i forgot to message him

[redwolffclaw] 11:14 am: Well it is not like we had much of a choice. For a guy who is all into saving people how can he be made we Ya know... saved people?

[redwolffclaw] 11:14 am: er mad

[] 11:15 am: What and leave innocent folk in the hands of murderous bastards id drop anything to go save people screw the consequences. if it were one of you id do the same

[] 11:15 am: "Lets hope there wasnt a plague or something at Newhall, because more people may have died because this delay than we were able to save."

[Lazarus] 11:15 am: The evening wears on and the ranchers start to turn in

[redwolffclaw] 11:15 am: i know. My point exactly

[] 11:15 am: Alex how long will it take us to get to Newhall

[Lazarus->] 11:16 am: roll int+astrogation

[] 11:16 am: by my calculations it should be easy but i dont know how far it is.

[] 11:16 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)

[] 11:16 am:

-> 1d6 (4)+ 1d8 (3) = 7

 

[Lazarus->] 11:16 am: you figure around 30-35 hours

[Lazarus->] 11:17 am: at normal burn

[] 11:17 am: "around 30-35 hrs, Boss

[] 11:17 am: We should get moving then i guess

[] 11:18 am: "normal burn that is. Would'nt even think of hard burn after what we've put Booms thru lately

[Lazarus] 11:18 am: "Leaving again?" Laura asks. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised."

[] 11:19 am: Whadya mean....

[] 11:21 am: *Frank gets up, takes his leave of the farmers and Laura and heads on back to the ship*

[Lazarus] 11:21 am: "Thought you might stay for awhile, but I forgot about you 'obligations,' stupid of me."

[redwolffclaw] 11:23 am: Jo whistles and walks away towards the ship

[redwolffclaw] 11:24 am: :whistle:

[] 11:24 am: *Zack stands up and follows Frank* " Well, most people who have ship full of people do..."

[] 11:25 am: Well if i stayed for a while good ol Killian would cancel my contract and have the crew starve

[Lazarus] 11:26 am: "Oh I'm certain your cause is just."

[Lazarus] 11:27 am: "Thank you for saving me and my firends. Go ahead and go."

[redwolffclaw] 11:27 am: (OH BURN)

[] 11:28 am: Your free to tag along you know its not like im the only one who has Obligations

[] 11:28 am: (Screw this)

[] 11:29 am: (is this thing on?)

[Lazarus] 11:30 am: "Indeed I do have obligations, you had dinner with them. No explanations are required or expected."

[Lazarus->] 11:32 am: you here?

[->Lazarus] 11:32 am: I am

[Lazarus->] 11:33 am: ok, if you aren't going to respond, I'll move on

[->Lazarus] 11:33 am: I was trying to bring up her brother

[Lazarus->] 11:34 am: ok

[] 11:34 am: You know im sorry about your brother.... *Johns smile has all but faded*

[] 11:35 am: I thought the alliance had hit or something at first figured youd joined the neo browncoats

[Lazarus] 11:36 am: Laura expression is a mixture of anger and sadness. "He sacrificed himself so I could get to the Cortex to send the message that managed to get to you. I'm sure he'd have seen that as a fair trade. You should go, you have someplace to be."

[] 11:36 am: *John just sighs and shrugs*

[] 11:37 am: You know i spent the better part of three years looking for you after what happened.... *Starts walking towards the door* I guess i know where to find you now.

[Lazarus] 11:38 am: "Yes you do, unless I join the Neo-Browncoats."

[] 11:38 am: *Stops abrubtly*

[] 11:38 am: Gorram it to hell you as well.

[redwolffclaw] 11:39 am: (Dont forget to tell her that you were almost killed by neo browncoats when you were on your way to save her....)

[Lazarus] 11:39 am: "Nice to see you again John. We seem to have made our decisions."

[] 11:40 am: No No we havent i just didnt want to get mixed up in this gorram war

[] 11:40 am: *Turns around*

[] 11:40 am: But oh no i have to supply the browncoats with weapons i have to end up fucking being split between the lines taking sides like its the right thing to do

[Lazarus] 11:41 am: laura manages to chuckle. "It's a civil war John, you will have to choose sooner or later."

[] 11:41 am: Nothing Civil about it

[Lazarus] 11:41 am: "Never is."

[] 11:42 am: *shakes his head* Alliance dont like me no more

[] 11:42 am: Not after what happened

[Lazarus] 11:42 am: "Neo-Browncoats seem to."

[] 11:42 am: Yeah but i seen the browncoats leader shes on the brink of being a fanatic

[Lazarus] 11:42 am: "A Medical ship would be a way to support the troops and not do any of the fighting."

[] 11:43 am: My Pilot knew her during the war

[] 11:43 am: He told me shes changed... alot

[Lazarus] 11:43 am: "And rational people killed how many people on Miranda?"

[] 11:44 am: Alliance has done many things .... shadow... hera.... things men should never be proud of

[] 11:44 am: But the Reavers.. why in gorram hell are we starting a war when theres reavers threatening the boarder worlds.

[Lazarus] 11:44 am: "At least you can see that you aren't one of the hopeless causes you seem to try to supprt. See you around John."

[->Lazarus] 11:45 am: You know I am leaning towards the browncoats

[->Lazarus] 11:45 am: its just hard for john to make such a descision again

[Lazarus] 11:45 am: "Yes Reavers, collateral damage from those rational people running things now."

[->Lazarus] 11:45 am: Hes been in war he would do his utmost to keep out of it if he could

[Lazarus->] 11:45 am: I can see that

[] 11:46 am: Say i joined the browncoats

[] 11:46 am: Then what

[] 11:46 am: Even more misery and why would they want an ex alliance officer there anyway should hate my guts.

[Lazarus] 11:46 am: "Given your ship and capabilities, you'd do best running a med ship treating wounded near the front line

[] 11:47 am: Its not just me its the crew i cant force them to join

[Lazarus->] 11:47 am: sitting down and running the number, you see the trip to Newhall will take an even 30 hours at normal burn, you can shave that down to 23 at hard burn

[Lazarus] 11:48 am: "They wouldn't be on your crew if you thought they'd leave. Listen. I happen to know if a cetain medical ship arrived on Three Hills, it would be welcomed with open arms."

[] 11:48 am: So your saying dont got to Newhall and get supplies go to Three hills

[Lazarus] 11:48 am: "Of course a certain Mister Havery Killian would be somewhat less thrilled."

[Lazarus] 11:49 am: "I could never tell you to do anything John. I'm just making a suggestion that would benefit the most people."

[] 11:49 am: You saying killians plan to help the boarder worlds is flawed ?

[] 11:49 am: "sharpened my pencil on the Astrogation: 30 hrs to Newhall normal, 23 hard burn

[] 11:50 am: Or is there something im not seeing

[Lazarus] 11:50 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)

[Lazarus] 11:50 am:

-> 1d6 (4)

 

[Lazarus] 11:51 am: "Killian is a dreamer. The Neo-Browncoats needs men of action. I don't give a tinker's damn about Killian, he could buy and build a dozen med ships out of his checking account if he wanted to."

[->Lazarus] 11:51 am: So your basically saying if i stay with Harvey im going to be openly chosing the alliance while if i choose to go to Three hills i will be choosing the browncoats now ?

[] 11:52 am: What ? He spent all that time getting donations for money

[] 11:52 am: He told me he didnt have enough cash to fund it himself

[Lazarus->] 11:52 am: *I* am not saying anything, Laura is suggesting that. however if you go to Three Hill, yes you will clearly choosing to side with the Neo Browncoats

[Lazarus] 11:53 am: "And you believe everything millionaires tell you now?"

[Lazarus] 11:54 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)

[Lazarus] 11:54 am:

-> 1d6 (3)

 

[] 11:54 am: (afk, whipping up some lunch

[] 11:54 am: Well i ... *starts pacing around the room* Gorram it why the hell does everyone keep me in the dark is there no gorram honesty left in this world

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: RazzyBlades has left at 11:54 am+

[Lazarus] 11:55 am: Laura laughs out loud. "Honesty? That didn't survive the Exodus from Earth-That-Was."

[] 11:56 am: Sick and tired of being janked in the chain i joined the gorram military to get away from that bullshit to get ... away from ....

[] 11:56 am: (afk - gotta get supper)

[] 11:57 am: *Eyes laura* I consider myself honest as far as honesty goes.

[Lazarus] 11:57 am: "Just like before, the forces of freedom are outnumbered. Their attack caught the Purplebellies with their pants down. You know, even with all the turmoil, they've got the numbers, money and industrial might to crush the Neo-Browncoats again. However, if enough people like you break the mind control of the Alliance, then we have a chance."

[Lazarus] 11:58 am: Laura looks at John with a serious expression. "And how is it there in honestly-ville? Lonely I suppose."

[redwolffclaw] 11:59 am: (dude, this lady is a bitch.)

[] 12:00 pm: *With a solemn look on his face before turning to his normal stern look* Aye ... lonley it is but somone has to or it dies and nobody will.

[] 12:00 pm: *Plants his ass back on a chair*

[] 12:01 pm: *On coms* Crew.... we have a decision to make i will be there in a few minutes.

[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: "Even the upright man John. It's probably your most endearing quality and why people follow you into the pits of hell. John, I'd like nothing more than to see you hard burn for the Georgia quadrant, but I know this is a big decision. Go ahead to Newhall. It will give you time to think. There will good people there that can steer you to where you need to go on Three Hills."

[] 12:02 pm: *Looks up at laura* Nothings ever easy.

[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: "Never has been ever since we climbed down out of the trees."

[] 12:05 pm: *A single tear slides down one of johns eyesockets he wipes it away quickly like nothing happened* *Gets up*

[] 12:05 pm: I better get to Newhall then You take care now.

[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: "Good bye John. Perhaps we'll see each other soon. Time's coming to make a choice. I can only hope you make the right one."

[] 12:07 pm: I wont let you down again Laura *Captain says before he heads out the door*

[] 12:07 pm: And i wont let my self down this time he says as he closes the door

[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: "Never thought you would John."

[Lazarus] 12:08 pm: By the time John reaches the ship, Alex has the engines spooled up and the course to Newhall plotted, 30 hours at normal burn.

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: monster87 has left at 12:08 pm+

[Lazarus] 12:08 pm: He looks at you with an arched eyebrow."

[] 12:09 pm: Get the crew together in the mess hall

[Lazarus] 12:09 pm: He nods. "All hands to the mess hall."

[] 12:10 pm: *Zack lazily collapses into one of the chairs*

[] 12:10 pm: (I was going to say John kept a few more tears at bay before he wondered off to the ship Sentimental hardass)

[] 12:10 pm: *Sits down with his half empty bottle of whiskey*

[redwolffclaw] 12:11 pm: Jo heads to the mess hall.

[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: (That exchange was however worth +2 PP to john)

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: monster87 has entered at 12:12 pm+

[Lazarus] 12:13 pm: (re hi rein)

[monster87] 12:13 pm: hi all, seems I was kicked out of the chat while afk

[monster87] 12:13 pm: but back now

[] 12:13 pm: *Frank is standing against one of the work surfaces.*

[monster87] 12:13 pm: quick recap on private chat anyone :)? Last I heard Cap was talking about killians message

[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: The medics and nurses arrive too, with the entire crew present, even the common room is a bit crowded

[] 12:14 pm: Sec i can send you the log

[] 12:14 pm: Over skype

[monster87] 12:14 pm: k

[Lazarus] 12:15 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6;d6;d6;d6;d6)

[Lazarus] 12:15 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)

-> 1d6 (2)

-> 1d6 (5)

-> 1d6 (2)

-> 1d6 (5)

 

[] 12:16 pm: Sec let me just sort this log out

[] 12:16 pm: For rein

[Lazarus] 12:16 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6;d6;d6;d6;d6)

[Lazarus] 12:16 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)

-> 1d6 (6)

-> 1d6 (6)

-> 1d6 (5)

-> 1d6 (1)

 

[Lazarus] 12:18 pm: Everyone gathers and there is little of the usual joking going on as everyone waits for John to speak.

[] 12:20 pm: Okay sent it to rein

[monster87] 12:20 pm: thx

[] 12:21 pm: Mr killian wants us to head to Newhall

[] 12:21 pm: he is rather angry with the fact that we dropped off the grid and i will appologize for that fact right away

[] 12:22 pm: But i am glad you all had my back

[] 12:22 pm: The time has come however to get your opinions on this comming conflict.... ive been avoiding it for to long it wont be long before we become targets

[] 12:23 pm: "You're glad, huh?" *Zack rolls his eyes*

[] 12:23 pm: (Im also asking the medical personell)

[Lazarus] 12:24 pm: The initial response from them is tepid

[] 12:24 pm: "Somehow, you managed to persuade a ship full of, lets face it, mostly strangers to help you, without pay do your personal buissness."

[] 12:25 pm: And you would rather i had not and had Lil Henrys parents killed is that it Zack

[] 12:25 pm: "I think thats not something to be just glad over, thats a gorram miracle."

[] 12:25 pm: I cant be everywhere at once

[monster87] 12:25 pm: "If you ask me nothing good ever comes from war and you never stop fighting by fighting. So my opinion stays that we should just help people and not get involved directly as far as that's possible."

[] 12:25 pm: "I'm just saying, that you might be putting too much thought into this."

[] 12:25 pm: Boomer i dont like it anymore then you do

[] 12:26 pm: But we arent going to avoid it

[] 12:26 pm: Its already to late for that

[] 12:26 pm: "These people, including myself apparently, seem to do whatever you want to do."

[] 12:26 pm: Well i make the orders Zack but i try not to steer any of you wrong

[Lazarus] 12:26 pm: "Not always." One of the nurses, Jedidia Wilks responds

[] 12:27 pm: You have something on your mind Wilks speak.

[] 12:27 pm: *Turns to the nurse* "Seems like we have a sane one on board."

[Lazarus] 12:27 pm: "So far the captain has made more good calls than bad ones, but I don't follow anyone blindly."

[redwolffclaw] 12:28 pm: Jo stands back listening with a decisive but grumpy look on her face

[Lazarus] 12:28 pm: "Let him talk Jed." Jack Fisher, one of the medicas adds.

[] 12:30 pm: Its okay Jack if she has an opinion i would like to hear it. I just fear that his ship will get dragged into war and i dont want people onboard who havent already choosen who their going to work for.

[] 12:30 pm: I already dragged the ship into war myself trying to save people.... almost died for it

[Lazarus] 12:31 pm: (Jed is a guy)

[] 12:31 pm: He she it

[] 12:31 pm: he then HE

[] 12:31 pm: *Zack grimaces*

[monster87] 12:32 pm: "Well I trust you in this. I know you don't want to get involved as much as I do, probably as we all do. And I trust you'll make the right call on this.

[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: "I said my piece, Doctor Snooze-a-lot here seems to think we all are zombies, which I know I am not, but him calling someone a zombie is rich coming from the one person suffering from narcophilia." Jed adds.

[] 12:33 pm: I dont however Jed

[] 12:33 pm: And that is why i am taking it up with you all

[] 12:35 pm: Because i respect you all enough to tell it to you straight we will have to choose a side at one point and if you dont agree with the choices i make we will have to part ways amicably as we can.

[] 12:35 pm: *Zack raises his eyebrows* "How did Frank find a guy like you, I wonder? I hope you work quater aswell as you throw insults"

[] 12:36 pm: Zack thats enough you did imply they didnt matter thats insulting to them.

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: Sweeper has left at 12:36 pm+

[Lazarus] 12:36 pm: "I was awake."

[redwolffclaw] 12:37 pm: Jo steps foreward."I have no love for the alliance. Not many of you know this but I was a brown coat officer. I believed what they stood for and almost gave my life for it. But from what I saw of these "Neo Brownn coats" I don't trust them. The original brown coats were just folk that were upset at what the alliance was doing. They were defending their homes, families and their gorram right to live.

[] 12:37 pm: Jed is right to be angry but Jed does not have to Insult Zack so both of you *Gives them the evil eye*

[monster87] 12:38 pm: (im going to quickly log on another computer, brb

[] 12:38 pm: "The way I see it, everyone seems ready to put their lives in the line for you with little question, seems a bit suicidal to me, this joker seems to be different however."

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: monster87 has left at 12:38 pm+

[Lazarus] 12:38 pm: Fisher adds. "Maybe, these new guys are different, but if we don't back them, how are we ever going to get away from the Purplebellies?"

[redwolffclaw] 12:39 pm: These neos seem like fanatics reacting to a single tragic circumstance and are rallying around it. Doesn't seem like just folk anymore. I realized that when they tried to shanghi us into giving them the medical supplies rather than helping people that needed it.

[] 12:39 pm: "Zack" Frank says quietly. "Zedidiah didn't sign on to be insulted by you or anyone else. And at elast he stays sober."

[] 12:40 pm: I can understand them Desperate times desperate measures and all Jo

[] 12:40 pm: *Shakes his head*

[] 12:40 pm: *Takes a swig of his whiskey*

[] 12:40 pm: Dont know if i ever told any of you this but

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: monster87 has entered at 12:40 pm+

[] 12:40 pm: "I didnt sign up to join in a war either, however thats what seems to be happening here Frank. Nobody is getting their way here."

[] 12:42 pm: I used to be an alliance gunship pilot back during the war.... An officer actually i saw first hand what the Alliance was capable off *Trails off* Eventually i got demoted and then Dishonrably discharged for refusing to many insane orders...

[Lazarus] 12:42 pm: Jennifer Howe, another of the medics adds "I heard tell that if there isn't something you're willing to die for, then you have nothing to live for. Seems like freedom from Alliance tyranny is a good cuase to believe in."

[] 12:43 pm: I quit by the time the battle of the bruges ... worst damn space wreck id ever seen thousands of lives extinquished in a matter of seconds *shakes his head* And for what Gold lots and lots of gold...

[] 12:44 pm: "On Earth-That-Was, the original Red Cross came under fire a lot." Frank observes. "Especially from people that didn't like that they were helping people they didn't want helped."

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: LucasPuryear has left at 12:45 pm+

[] 12:45 pm: I saw the browncoats leader first hand though Alex .... you said she served with you

[] 12:45 pm: You said she seemed a might bit peculiar when we saw her last

[Lazarus->] 12:45 pm: She was a good officer, bit of a firebrand

[Lazarus->] 12:46 pm: you didn't serve with her directly, but she was inyour brigade

[->Lazarus] 12:46 pm: Thing is ive done so much to help the browncoat cause

[->Lazarus] 12:46 pm: its fucking stupid the ammount of shit John has actualy done unwilling or unknowing

[->Lazarus] 12:46 pm: lol

[] 12:46 pm: *Zack listens to everyone talking, and gives up* "Gorram it, I didnt spend all those years back in the med academy to die in a shitty trench."

[Lazarus->] 12:46 pm: well you were duped into the gun running thing

[->Lazarus] 12:46 pm: As i said Unwilling or Unknowing lol

[] 12:47 pm: "yeah, she was a good officer, bit of a firebrand.

[] 12:47 pm: "din'nt serve with here directly, but same brigade

[] 12:47 pm: Ahhh i got ya

[] 12:48 pm: Nobody said you would go die in a trench zack

[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: "Don't get your scrubs in a wad Doc. No one told you to grab an assault rife and storm the breech. You won't have to leave your med bay or the bunk you like so much." Fisher growls.

[] 12:48 pm: But im sure people who are dying in trenches need medical aid

[] 12:48 pm: All the same

[] 12:48 pm: (oops, PM windows was covering my Away status

[] 12:48 pm: "It was a figure of speech."

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: NathanLuna has left at 12:49 pm+

[] 12:49 pm: "Arent there enough people dying of disease, local accidents? Why do we have to get mixed up in this?"

[] 12:50 pm: I havent known you all long you all seem like decent folk do you really believe we can change the alliance that the browncoats will put in the effort for all men to be free like they should be or would they just become another alliance ... if they even win the war.

[] 12:50 pm: And then theres the Reaver threat Alliance... Miranda we cant ignore that either

[Lazarus] 12:51 pm: "I don't like it either, all this war talk, but I don't see how you can avoid making a choice." Deng Shihao, the third medic adds in.

[monster87] 12:52 pm: It's easy to say that Alliance did that or Alliance did this. But in th end it's just people. There's bad alliance people and bad browncoat people, just as there's good Alliance people and good Browncoats. Probably in the same percentages too

[] 12:53 pm: Why you think ive been so damned Hesitant to jump into another conflict boomer i learned that the hard way

[monster87] 12:53 pm: I know Cap'n. That's why I'm flyin' with ya!

[Lazarus] 12:53 pm: Fisher stands and faces the captain. "If you are asking if you want to know if we back you joining the Neo Browncoats. I'm in."

[] 12:53 pm: "You still seem confident that you need to, like everyone else."

[] 12:54 pm: *^at captain*

[] 12:54 pm: Ive seen to many friends die already .... *Clutches his chest where the pocketwatch can be seen inside*

[] 12:55 pm: "I've heard that before, Deng." Frank says mildly. ""You have to make a choice." "You're either for us or against us." I'm sorry Captain, but I have made a choice. I'll help anyone who needs it, Alliance or Neo-Browncoat."

[] 12:55 pm: "That's why I joined this outfit in the first place."

[monster87] 12:55 pm: I'm the same. I'll help both Alliance and Neo-Browncoat if it's the right people

[] 12:56 pm: He looks around at his medical team. "I thought that's what you believed as well."

[monster87] 12:56 pm: * nods at Frank *

[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: "Well I didn't mean it that way Doctor Bishop." Deng responds. "I just do not see how we can avoid the conflict for much longer. The Cortex is burning up with war reports. Especially from that Sheila Bailey. She's on the front in Three HIlls and her reporting is riveting."

[] 12:57 pm: Aint that easy Frank, Boomer when push comes to shove people make their choices and throw their lot in with a group of people the war will drag us into it if we like to or not I just fear that if we dont throw our lot in with somone we will get killed with no one on our side.

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: deaconabyss has left at 12:57 pm+

[Lazarus] 12:57 pm: "I've already told you I'm in for the Neo-Browncoats. Rest of you can decide, that still need to decide."

[monster87] 12:58 pm: We should just do what we believe is best and trust that good people will understand it. And with the bad we'll just have to deal, without choosing as side for as long as is possible

[] 12:58 pm: "Not everyone out there is either brown coat or alliance.."

[monster87] 12:58 pm: I don't like to choose a side based on the hypothesis that we'll have to choose eventually..

[Lazarus] 12:59 pm: "I thought that's what the meeting was about. Choosing sides." Nancy Ling the second nurse says speaking for the first time.

[] 12:59 pm: "There are still people operating like we do, or used to."

[monster87] 1:00 pm: Maybe. If we decide that we really have to choose a side..

[redwolffclaw] 1:00 pm: (How old does this doctor look that is for the neo browncoats?)

[monster87] 1:01 pm: say we run into an alliance cruiser when we're neutral - we'll perhaps get forced to choose their side, but won't die. Say we run into them when on the side of the browncoats - we'll get killed

[] 1:01 pm: That goes Both ways boomer.

[] 1:02 pm: *Mumbles* Im to old for this shit.

[Lazarus] 1:02 pm: "Used to be a group called Medicins Sans Frontiers back on Earth-That-Was. I read about them in med school." Deng says. "They treated people like Mr Killian wants, but I don't know if you can treat both sides in a war and not end up accused of being a collaborator or wose. This is why I mentioned choosing a side, not because I like the idea."

[Lazarus] 1:03 pm: (The Medic Jack Fisher looks to be in his early 20s)

[redwolffclaw] 1:05 pm: Jo looks at the medic. "Have you ever seen war? I mean really been in the thick of it? Reading about it in medical school is one thing. You know why someone as young as me got to be a lieutenant? Because most everyone else was dead. War is not something to jump into lightly."

[monster87] 1:05 pm: "If I'm forced to choose I'll choose the Alliance, just because we automatically choose that by not doing anything, since that's the system we're living in. That being said, if we run into browncoats I would not start shooting, but first convince them we've nothing against them. But by aiding them we make ourselves wanted by the government.. and I'm not sure if that'll help our goal of helping as many people as we can

[] 1:06 pm: "I know what side we should be on" Frank says. "The side of the victims. Especially the civilian noncombatants."

[Lazarus] 1:06 pm: "Never said I knew what war was like. Just that *I* am willing to choose a die." Fisher replies, standing his ground.

[Lazarus] 1:06 pm: choose a side*

[->Lazarus] 1:06 pm: Okay im at acrossroads

[->Lazarus] 1:07 pm: Because Boomer has it in her head she can remain neutral (And i figured that aint happening)

[Lazarus->] 1:07 pm: A fair assessment

[Lazarus->] 1:07 pm: you can call for a vote, I rolled and know what the NPCs will do

[->Lazarus] 1:07 pm: And she figures alliance are the best bet but i dont figure that with my history and that Killians pulling our fucking chain

[Lazarus->] 1:08 pm: All you have on the Killian part is Laura's word

[redwolffclaw] 1:08 pm: I just want to make sure you are ready if the time comes that you see people around you dropping like flies on both sides. Are you going to be ready for that? Can you ignore one man on the ground with a bullet in his belly asking for your help if he is on the "wrong side?"

[->Lazarus] 1:09 pm: I think i stirred up the hornets nest

[Lazarus] 1:09 pm: "Guy down on the battlefield is a patient, I won't be ignoring anyone. I worked as a paramedic. I've seen GSWs before."

[] 1:09 pm: "I don't know what happens in war, but I know what comes after. It isint good for either side, best bet is to be the hell away.

[Lazarus->] 1:10 pm: looks like you have three alliance/neutral

[Lazarus->] 1:10 pm: duster, zack, monster

[Lazarus->] 1:10 pm: red is pro browncoat

[Lazarus->] 1:10 pm: not sure about mick who seems his transformer did blow out

[] 1:11 pm: "Amen brother

[Lazarus->] 1:11 pm: star would probably vote for borwnocoats

[->Lazarus] 1:12 pm: Captain isnt to fond of either but browncoats is the tactical choice because we have friends there

[Lazarus->] 1:12 pm: true

[Lazarus->] 1:13 pm: my honest opinion is whichever side you pick, the crew will backyou

[->Lazarus] 1:13 pm: The alliance however we dont have to many contacts or friends for that matter

[->Lazarus] 1:13 pm: Yeah but i have the feeling boomer zack ect will hate me

[->Lazarus] 1:13 pm: I am leaning towards browncoats

[Lazarus->] 1:13 pm: probably cause some factional squabbling, but they will follow you

[->Lazarus] 1:13 pm: But im not fond for their fanatical purpouses

[->Lazarus] 1:14 pm: But then shit theres always bad in the good

[->Lazarus] 1:14 pm: Cant be all good

[->Lazarus] 1:14 pm: Like the alliance they have made bad decision after bad decision

[redwolffclaw] 1:14 pm: So you are saying that on the battlefield it wont matter who you treat? Doesnt sound very one sided to me.

[redwolffclaw] 1:14 pm: (I am playing the devil's advocate.)

[Lazarus->] 1:14 pm: zack and boomer will have to learn to live with it, you do get to decide, they can always leave the crew

[redwolffclaw] 1:14 pm: (Trying to get him to see war is not as cut and dry as he thinks)

[Lazarus] 1:15 pm: "Red Cross, treated both sides and so did medics."

[->Lazarus] 1:15 pm: Most of the NPC medics seem pro Browncoat as well

[Lazarus] 1:17 pm: "I support the Neo-Browncoats just like supported the original Browncoats. I was only 14, but I know right from wrong when I see it. I'm a medic. I will treat whoever I can, but if you ask me which side I want to win, it's freedom and you won't get that from the Alliance."

[] 1:17 pm: "And came under fire for doing so. Especially when they were helping people others only saw as "the enemy"." Frank reiterates

[] 1:17 pm: The browncoats we will join if you feel this does not coenside with your natural view i will drop you off at Newhall and we will say our goodbyes there Our mission to protect people and save lives however has not changed we will save the lives we can on the battlefield browncoats and alliance alike

[Lazarus->] 1:17 pm: two have clearly supported the browncoats. Three are less vocal.

[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: "That is true Doctor, but 'all evil needs to triumph is for good people to do nothing.' I'm willing to do something, even if that intails being shot at."

[Lazarus] 1:20 pm: "YES! Good call captain!" Fisher beams.

[redwolffclaw] 1:20 pm: K guys I got to go.

[redwolffclaw] 1:20 pm: Work calls

[] 1:20 pm: The last three of you have been quiet *Looking at the last npcs*

[] 1:20 pm: Okay red

[Lazarus] 1:20 pm: The other two medics and both nurses look subdued.

[] 1:20 pm: "Never said I was going to do nothing. I'm going to help whoever needs it, politics be damned." Frank says.

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: redwolffclaw has left at 1:20 pm+

[] 1:21 pm: *Shakes his head* "Looks like someone has decided already."

[] 1:21 pm: I weighed the opinions against each you can hate me for it but im taking a choice based on where we have friends

[Lazarus] 1:21 pm: "I need to think it over captain. I'll have answer for you when we reach Newhall." Wilks replies and the others all chime in with that answer.

[monster87] 1:22 pm: "I saw the decision in your eyes after you talked to Laura. But I'm not sure I agree. But in any case it'll not change my decision to stand by you and I think in the end you'll decide on a per encounter basis who you'll help

[monster87] 1:22 pm: * and a bit more to herself *"I'm used to being wanted by the Alliance by now"

[] 1:22 pm: *Shakes his head* Heavy is the head that wears the crown but ill be damned if i force anyone into anything.

[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: With the decision either made or deferred, the meeting breaks up

[] 1:23 pm: You three

[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: Some mill about, some seek solitude, and some talk quietly.

[] 1:23 pm: Are free to do as you please i only ask you be honest back once you make your choice

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: Narayan has left at 1:23 pm+

[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: "We will captain. You have earned that much."

[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: Alex returns to the bridge and lifts off smoothly

[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: Does anyone want to do anything during the trip?

[] 1:25 pm: I guess not.

[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: looks like

[] 1:25 pm: Not really. I figure Frank is checking the level of supplies in the infirmary.

[] 1:25 pm: Im going to message The fox tell him i rescued the

[] 1:25 pm: People

[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: As promised, the trip to Newhall takes 30 hours at normal burn

[] 1:25 pm: (Actualy already do that)

[] 1:25 pm: (Did that)

[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: You carefully inventory the pantry and figure, you've got at best ten days of food left

[] 1:26 pm: Im just going to message the fox and tell him friends are always good to have in times of trouble. (Basically a hint)

[] 1:26 pm: I will buy food in Newhall

[] 1:26 pm: If i can

[] 1:26 pm: Sigh

[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: your fuel situation, especially after all the hard burn is down to 50% of capacity

[] 1:26 pm: (Couldnt we refuel in Whitter btw)

[] 1:26 pm: (Or is there no spaceport there)

[] 1:27 pm: "pick some smokes for me while yer at it plz

[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: Fox finally responds. "So sorry for the late reply. I'm back to my old job and have only just gotten to my correspondence. Good job on the rescue. Perhaps you can give Piravteering a try, I think you would be good at it. Theodore."

[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: Yes you can bye fuel and food at either planet

[] 1:29 pm: Well i do it in Whittier then

[] 1:29 pm: Restock on food and fuel

[] 1:29 pm: Enough for a month

[] 1:29 pm: And refuel to full

[] 1:29 pm: (can I buy an AR and stuff there?)

[->Lazarus] 1:30 pm: Well choice has been made

[->Lazarus] 1:30 pm: Browncoats it is

[->Lazarus] 1:30 pm: Sigh

[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: you need 25 tons of fuel and that's 125 credits. Food depends on what you buy

[] 1:31 pm: Canned food

[] 1:31 pm: I dont got the money to spare for fresh stuff

[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: Wepaons prices are a bit inflated because of the war, but you can buy one for 60 credits

[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: how many days of food?

[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: it's 65 credits a week for a crew of 13

[] 1:32 pm: shit uh sec

[] 1:32 pm: Wait

[] 1:33 pm: We will probably need repairs or not ?

[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: you are getting close to your monthly maintenance

[] 1:33 pm: How close

[] 1:33 pm: Will we make Three hills

[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: you will need it before three hills

[] 1:33 pm: Frank is going to buy another 100 rounds for his pistol.

[] 1:34 pm: How much is the daily maintanence again ?

[] 1:34 pm: I have like 250 creds, I havent been keeping too close check on it

[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: 133 credits is the base, but boomer could lower that with a good roll

[] 1:34 pm: I was saving for the med comp, but I'll scrap the idea.

[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: 133 credits per month

[] 1:34 pm: Can boomer make that roll now so we can see ?

[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: sure

[] 1:34 pm: (Cause im really tight on cash right now)

[monster87] 1:34 pm: what do I roll again

[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: int+maintenance

[monster87] 1:34 pm: that's not repair?

[monster87] 1:34 pm: so just d6 from mech eng?

[] 1:35 pm: (Dont we have a med comp now that we have a med bay ?)

[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: not repair, I just checked

[] 1:35 pm: (I thought killian installed it)

[monster87] 1:35 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6)

[monster87] 1:35 pm:

-> 1d12 (12)+ 1d6 (1) = 13

 

[] 1:35 pm: (Dont you get a bonus for the machines speaking to ya boomer or maybe not)

[] 1:35 pm: I'll buy an assault rifle, ammo and a plate vest.

[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: yes you have a couple of med comps from Killian

[] 1:36 pm: John will try to restock on grenades

[] 1:36 pm: How much is that, in all.

[] 1:36 pm: (If he has enough money for it)

[monster87] 1:36 pm: i dont have machines speaking to me p

[monster87] 1:36 pm: im not kaylee all the way :p

[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: normal costs on maintenance 133 credits

[] 1:36 pm: (aww damn it)

[] 1:36 pm: Or maybe another 200. I've got the creds for it

[] 1:37 pm: So maintanence is what

[monster87] 1:38 pm: 133

[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: 76 credits for mesh and plates. ammo is 50 shots for 1 credit. the rifle is 60 redits

[] 1:38 pm: Wait so boomer didnt lower it will that roll ?

[monster87] 1:38 pm: guess I needed 15+ for that

[monster87] 1:38 pm: or maybe higher

[] 1:38 pm: Ill buy those and 15 packs of ammo.

[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: no she did not. the task is hard 11 and she rolled 13, she would have had to roll 18 to lower

[] 1:39 pm: its 150 in all that way

[] 1:39 pm: So I shell out 4 credits for armmo. I think body armour as well, if we're going into a warzone.

[] 1:39 pm: Great

[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: mesh is 46, plates are 30 more

[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: thing is, if you wear plates, you suffer -1 step to agility

[Lazarus->] 1:40 pm: might not be too bad

[->Lazarus] 1:40 pm: Might not

[->Lazarus] 1:40 pm: But ship maintanence

[->Lazarus] 1:40 pm: Has chugged everything out of johns wallet

[->Lazarus] 1:40 pm: Since day one

[] 1:41 pm: Sure.

[Lazarus->] 1:41 pm: she has seen better days, that's the trade off for a cheaper ship

[->Lazarus] 1:41 pm: And i dont think killian will be the Oh sure john ill give you a raise

[->Lazarus] 1:41 pm: LOL

[->Lazarus] 1:41 pm: Yeah but there was no ship i could buy with the money i had

[Lazarus->] 1:41 pm: Yeah, you have that feeling

[->Lazarus] 1:41 pm: Without seen better days anyway

[->Lazarus] 1:41 pm: lol

[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: ok

[] 1:42 pm: So I get a mesh vest for 46C

[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: so how much food Gabel?

[] 1:42 pm: I pay for maintanence

[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: if you choose duster

[] 1:42 pm: I top the fuel up to 80% instead of 100%

[] 1:42 pm: how much is that

[Lazarus] 1:43 pm: mesh stops 1w and converts the next 8 to stun.

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: anima has left at 1:43 pm+

[Lazarus] 1:43 pm: 75 credits for fuel to 80%

[] 1:44 pm: That'll have to do. I don't want penalties to my agility.

[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: your ship does carry a reserve of 10 tons for the shuttles

[] 1:44 pm: okay time to get my calculator

[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: you can use that for the ship if you need

[] 1:44 pm: Okay

[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: it is a trade off duster.

[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: I know this from personal experience

[] 1:44 pm: Crap i cant go using ALL my money who knows what i might need it for later

[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: the armor saves your life, but you move like a wounded bantha

[] 1:45 pm: fucking A"(*"( stupid maintanence costs

[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: perhaps, you can ask the crew to help?

[] 1:45 pm: We havent gotten paid in ages.

[] 1:45 pm: I paid you when we got the job

[] 1:45 pm: Bastard

[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d15+15)

[Lazarus] 1:45 pm:

-> 1d15 (11)+ 15 (15) = 26

 

[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: hmmm isn't that interesting...

[] 1:46 pm: "still owed 153 creds myself

[] 1:46 pm: Whats interesting ?

[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: sems as if your next paycheck is due two days after you land on Newhall

[] 1:46 pm: wait so i will have more money ?

[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: 26+2 days flight time

[] 1:46 pm: More money is always good. :)

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: jpatterson has left at 1:47 pm+

[] 1:47 pm: Cause im living on the skint end of nothing here

[] 1:47 pm: Just like Mal

[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: just have to not let on you've changed coats for a couple days

[] 1:47 pm: Frankly i have been since we started lol

[monster87] 1:47 pm: why would you get money from killian if you're not doing jobs for him

[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: If you go to Newhall, you will be doing the job

[] 1:48 pm: We are still hired we can quit once we get paid

[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: John burned his golden bullet with the rescue story

[] 1:48 pm: for the job we did on (Whats its place)

[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: so you haven't been fired or bound by law yet

[] 1:48 pm: (Where you saved plague victom nr1)

[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: you went to Beylix

[] 1:48 pm: Yeah that place

[] 1:48 pm: ((What exactly is "bound by law"? Is it like being on probation?))

[] 1:49 pm: Then i had to go save a damsel in distress

[Lazarus] 1:49 pm: arrested

[] 1:49 pm: (Bound by law being Alliance come hard down on your ass if they see you)

[] 1:49 pm: (What laz said)

[Lazarus] 1:49 pm: Bound BY the law is closer to right

[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: anyone want to buy anything else?

[] 1:50 pm: I dont know if i have the money to buy anything else

[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: otherwise,it's time to fly

[] 1:50 pm: If i had the money i would if not i cant

[] 1:50 pm: And the local law come down on you too, judging from that Firefly ep.))

[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: ok

[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: depends on the charges

[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: you can have local and fed law

[Lazarus] 1:51 pm: by the time you rest Newhall, John will be healed

[] 1:51 pm: (I would stock up on ammo and get some more grenades for my launcher(

[Lazarus] 1:51 pm: reach, not rest

[] 1:52 pm: Alrighty

[Lazarus] 1:52 pm: ammo is 50 rounds per 1 credit, grenades depend on the type you buy

[monster87] 1:52 pm: (you have a good cliffhanger prepared laz :P)

[] 1:52 pm: Well i get a few more concussion and explosive

[monster87] 1:52 pm: ?

[] 1:52 pm: If i can

[] 1:53 pm: I get enough food and fix maintanence til we get to Newhall + get a few grenades and stock up on ammo

[] 1:53 pm: I burrow 65 credits from boomer to pay for 2 weeks supply of food fix maint + Grenades ammo i already have armor (Cause im smart like that)

[Lazarus] 1:54 pm: concussion grenades are 1.4 credits each, frag are 1.8 and your favorite flashbangs are .8

[] 1:54 pm: 5 of each

[] 1:54 pm: And around 200 rounds of ammo for my assault rifle + 100 rounds for my pistol that way i wont have to think about it to much

[Lazarus] 1:55 pm: 20 creds

[] 1:55 pm: okay

[Lazarus] 1:55 pm: 26 credits total

[] 1:55 pm: deducted

[] 1:55 pm: frags are 2 dollars a pop? Geez.

[] 1:55 pm: I will think about more stuff once on Newhall if we have more cash

[Lazarus] 1:55 pm: You load up your new gear and Alex gets the ship on course for Newhall

[] 1:56 pm: (I still have a bunch of explosives left)

[] 1:56 pm: ((PE, detcord, etc?))

[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: In time to spot an Alliance Battle Squadron built around a pair of frigate, and two dozen patrol craft...

[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: FADE TO BLACK

[] 1:57 pm: lol

[] 1:57 pm: ((F**k))

[Lazarus] 1:57 pm: 'hows that rein?

[] 1:57 pm: Sometimes I hate you Laz, but that's a heckuva cliffhanger

[monster87] 1:57 pm: pretty good

[Lazarus] 1:57 pm: less the squadron thing

[->Lazarus] 1:57 pm: *starts smacking his head against the gorram wall*

[Lazarus] 1:57 pm: THis was more of a transition episode

[] 1:57 pm: Alot of roleplay

[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: however, next time you see those words, it won;t be a joke

[] 1:58 pm: Yeah, we ate and we shouted at each other

[] 1:58 pm: I felt it was needed after our hecktic fighting episode

[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: My thoughts exactly

[monster87] 1:58 pm: yeah I'm sorry if I was not really into it today. I had some other things in my mind and a bit of a headache. But I still enjoyed the session

[Lazarus->] 1:58 pm: why this time?

[->Lazarus] 1:58 pm: I forgot to buy Cheetoes

[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: Yeah, I started off distracted myself

[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: my car

[->Lazarus] 1:58 pm: :P

[monster87] 1:59 pm: Let us know Laz what happends with your job

[->Lazarus] 1:59 pm: Or more Whiskey

[] 1:59 pm: Yeah

[] 1:59 pm: Oh

[] 1:59 pm: Before i forget

[monster87] 1:59 pm: and we getting some xp :P?

[] 1:59 pm: Save log

[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: the reserves dropped a bombshell on me that I had to respond to immediately

[] 1:59 pm: And thanks again for the session laz

[] 1:59 pm: please tell me your car is not a late model Subaru!

[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: oh and I still don;t know if I have a job yet

[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: Thank you all for playing.

[] 1:59 pm: Thanks laz

[] 1:59 pm: Hope they get back to you soon on that

[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: Because of all the role play, I'm goint to go with 4 XP

[] 1:59 pm: @Star - hey! the Scooby rules!

[monster87] 2:00 pm: thx for making the game possible

[] 2:00 pm: Okay

[Lazarus->] 2:00 pm: ah well,you can pick up some on Newhall

[] 2:00 pm: Oh btw

[Lazarus] 2:00 pm: As for the game...

[] 2:00 pm: Grats on Session 30 :D

[Lazarus] 2:00 pm: IF I get the job, I am set to move to sundays.

[] 2:00 pm: you have a Suby too, ?Duster?

[Lazarus] 2:00 pm: The bad news about that is we will for sure lose starjunky

[->Lazarus] 2:01 pm: Yeah hopefully Alliance have been abscent as fuck the entire game suddenly they show up with a battle squad *Huge eyes*

[monster87] 2:01 pm: yeah we'll see how that works on sunday. But for now I have wednesday still planned in

[monster87] 2:01 pm: see you then if I don't get mail otherwise

[monster87] 2:01 pm: I'm going off now, see ya all

[Lazarus] 2:01 pm: As I mentioned in my email

[] 2:01 pm: No, I can't drive, Star. If I could, I would have an 2006 Impreza WRX STi

[] 2:01 pm: laters monster

[Lazarus] 2:01 pm: I have to go in for a 2nd interview, which is actually my third

[Lazarus] 2:02 pm: I have a 2002 Impreza

[Lazarus] 2:02 pm: later monster

[] 2:02 pm: Oh btw i convert my extra pp over to exp

[] 2:02 pm: (Wow i had extra pp ITS A MIRACLE)

[] 2:02 pm: So 6 Exp total

[] 2:02 pm: the 2002 the one with the expensive probs?

[Lazarus] 2:02 pm: That I just checked blue books for 5 to 6 thousand, so is worth the repairs

[] 2:03 pm: (That leaves me on 13 is that correct on your side laz )

[Lazarus] 2:03 pm: Yes 6 for John only

[Lazarus] 2:03 pm: yes 13

[] 2:03 pm: Okay thanks

[] 2:03 pm: Just have to double check with you so our counters dont get screwed up like that one time :)

[] 2:03 pm: How much XP do I have laz?

[Lazarus] 2:04 pm: I have frank at 22

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: has left at 2:05 pm+

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: kitsune1842 has left at 2:05 pm+

[Serenity from the Ashes: Session 30: Friends Indeed]: monster87 has left at 2:07 pm+

[] 2:08 pm: Sigh now to find out what to upgrade on john again

[] 2:08 pm: I still totally want to know if hes a big gorram hero yet

[] 2:09 pm: I forgot to ask is that Chen guy with us are we giving him a ride or did he stay with Lauras gang ?

[Lazarus] 2:11 pm: he'd like the ride to Newhall