Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 9:47 am+

[Lazarus] 9:47 am: Welcome to P&PG Chat.

[General Chatter]: has left at 9:49 am+

[General Chatter]: Ashene has entered at 9:51 am+

[Lazarus] 9:57 am: I created room "Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit"

[General Chatter]: has left at 9:57 am+

Welcome! You have entered [Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit] at 9:57 am+

[] 9:57 am: First!

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: has entered at 9:57 am+

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: has entered at 9:57 am+

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: has entered at 9:57 am+

[] 9:58 am: I suggest we all use all of our pp and run away

[] 9:58 am: I'd like to up my knowledge from a d4 to as much as I can get , have 38 XP by my count

[] 9:58 am: We're waiting for Mick, I think

[Lazarus] 9:58 am: well, you can only raise a skill two steps at a time

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: has entered at 9:59 am+

[Lazarus] 9:59 am: which is a house rule, the book says one step at a time

[] 9:59 am: arent skills capped at d6?

[] 9:59 am: then you have to specialize

[] 9:59 am: right?

[] 9:59 am: oh yeah, have to specialize after d6, lemme look into that

[Lazarus] 10:00 am: general skills are capped at d6, then you have to specialize

[] 10:01 am: Yeah...

[] 10:05 am: suppose History specialty looks good my toon

[Lazarus] 10:08 am: you may wish to work on some of your piloting specialties

[Lazarus] 10:08 am: like astrogation, communications, scanners

[] 10:09 am: Pshaw to knowing where you're going!

[] 10:09 am: Mick is obviously a "real man"

[] 10:09 am: Would you allow me to upgrade my gun skill just before this fight :D

[] 10:09 am: Damn straight.

[] 10:09 am: ok, how about d4 to d6 in Knowledge, then d8 in piloting specialty of comms?

[] 10:09 am: A GPS is far too much like asking for directions.

[] 10:11 am: Mick really does seem to know how a man should act

[] 10:11 am: "Non-Fighting Type" gives my a 2 step penalty o my gun skill of d6 - arse

[] 10:11 am: He likes to give me advice on the subject :)

[->Lazarus] 10:11 am: You know i sometimes wonder how im even able to lead this ragtag bunch of missfits

[Lazarus->] 10:12 am: I know. I'm glad it's your job and not mine

[] 10:12 am: TheManlyMick

[] 10:12 am: TheManlyMagicalMick, even :)

[Lazarus] 10:12 am: ok star, that will cost you a total of 14 XP

[] 10:12 am: cool, thx

[] 10:12 am: TheMagicallyManlyMick even

[] 10:13 am: Also known as the Pixie

[Lazarus] 10:13 am: red will not be here, she's still doing training for her new job

[] 10:13 am: Who, you?

[Lazarus] 10:13 am: she will be here for next session

[Lazarus] 10:13 am: HOWEVER...

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: monster87 has entered at 10:13 am+

[] 10:13 am: Dun dun dun?

[monster87] 10:13 am: hi

[Lazarus] 10:13 am: next session is going to be a problem

[] 10:13 am: THERE IS NO SESSION NEXT WEEK!!

[] 10:14 am: Boooooo

[] 10:14 am: Abandon ship!

[] 10:14 am: BOOOOOOOOO

[monster87] 10:14 am: :(

[] 10:14 am: *jumps into the cold water below*

[Lazarus] 10:14 am: I'm going through a rather extended job selection process and as duster just said, THEY, not me, scheuled an interview next wednesday

[] 10:15 am: Well, that wont be such a bummer if we die this session

[Lazarus] 10:15 am: I'm good for the 9th, but I just can't make the 2nd work

[] 10:15 am: everyone will have more time to make new characters

[] 10:15 am: Indeed

[Lazarus] 10:15 am: aw Z, ye of litle faith

[] 10:15 am: Im drunk

[] 10:16 am: I'm sober, but I can't really fight :(

[] 10:17 am: Gabel made me leave my SMG at home.

[] 10:17 am: So I can't really fight either.

[] 10:17 am: Shut up Mick before i throw you overboard

[] 10:17 am: I put all my exp into unarmed, and show them my drunken fist

[Lazarus] 10:17 am: And star, just to let you know, you were at 49 XP ya hoardin' bastage

[] 10:18 am: Hiaaah

[Lazarus] 10:18 am: so after the raises you took today, you still have 35

[] 10:18 am: You don't have to put XP into unarmed for that, Zee

[] 10:18 am: Damn SMG Assault rifle this i thought you were a manly man go wrestle with them

[] 10:18 am: oh ok laz

[Lazarus] 10:19 am: so, since everyone who is here, is here, we'll get started

[] 10:19 am: I have one leg.

[] 10:19 am: Douche.

[] 10:19 am: Use it!

[] 10:19 am: BEAT EM WITH YER PEG LEG THEN

[] 10:19 am: Lol

[] 10:19 am: !

[Lazarus] 10:20 am: Serenity From the Ashes session 27. GM - Laz, Players monster87, Gabel, TheMagicalMick, starjunky, Zeenix, and Dusterboy

[Lazarus] 10:21 am: After spending some time slumming in the local dive officially know as the Kit Kat Klub, but known locally as the Titty B

[Lazarus] 10:21 am: Boomer found a very useful lead from a drunken engineer

[] 10:21 am: Who crashed on her, the bounder

[] 10:21 am: Damn lightweight

[Lazarus] 10:22 am: Namely, that the slaver Ripper Ruzinski believed to be responsible for the raid on Laura's ranch on Whittier 'sold a load of meat' to a ship named the OddEasy

[] 10:22 am: (For a place called titty B, we didnt encounter many of those.)

[] 10:22 am: (Shame :) )

[Lazarus] 10:23 am: You were on your way back to the ship with this information when you were confronted by some local thugs that had taken a disliking to Frank earlier

[Lazarus] 10:23 am: (Not like anyone tried to follow up on the Booby lead)

[Lazarus] 10:24 am: Roughly a dozen punks surrounded you and you can tell they aren't going to be inviting you to a proper match of cricket

[] 10:24 am: (If we find a place called titty D in the future, then we probably will.)

[] 10:24 am: I would totally School them in cricket

[] 10:24 am: Or a hoedown

[->Lazarus] 10:25 am: I have no idea how to get out of this i could try mentioning Ripper and Platz to scare em off but seriously my crew are half non fighting types

[Lazarus->] 10:25 am: You can always try, but you are at a bit of a disadvantage

[monster87] 10:25 am: so do we roll initiative or something?

[->Lazarus] 10:25 am: Okay

[->Lazarus] 10:26 am: Ar they armed ?

[->Lazarus] 10:26 am: Are*

[->Lazarus] 10:26 am: And can the crew back me up on the intimidate.

[Lazarus] 10:26 am: "So here's the deal, ya forks over your coin and ya don't gets hurt."

[] 10:26 am: (Well, we haven't started a fight yet, so prolly not... we're waiting for the Captain to fix everything.)

[Lazarus->] 10:27 am: You don't see obvious arms beyond those hanging from their shoulders

[] 10:27 am: (are we carrying all our money by default? o_o)

[] 10:27 am: ( I have alot...)

[] 10:27 am: *Bursts out laughing* You think we carry coin i carry enough for a drink you think im stupid i used my last creds on whiskey

[Lazarus->] 10:27 am: well, the others can try to help you, but are you sure you will hae more wins than losses with your guys?

[monster87] 10:27 am: * Boomer stealthily feels for her Smoke Grenade *

[Lazarus] 10:27 am: not all Z,

[] 10:27 am: (Hah! I specifically mentioned last session I was carrying only pocket change. Go me.)

[Lazarus] 10:28 am: figure maybe 10% of your total

[] 10:28 am: You know i only carry enough for drinks unless im out shopping laz

[] 10:29 am: kay... so thats like 20 credits

[Lazarus] 10:29 am: "Well then if'n ya ain't got coin, I'm sure ya gots a few things of value, multibands, jewelry, hell, we'll take Bao Bei here in trade."

[] 10:29 am: (Less excuses, more solving the issue, Gabel.)

[] 10:29 am: (Bye bye boomer, we will miss you.)

[Lazarus] 10:29 am: The group closes in tighter

[] 10:30 am: *Frank looks about him, worried* "Err, Captain?"

[] 10:31 am: *uses a plot point* Quick draws his gun and points it straight at the leader *Nods at booms as he notices her go for the grenade* You make one more step and it will be your last i aint telling ya twice Platz has business with the ripper and i aint prone to dealing with fools in the middle of the night.

[] 10:31 am: Luke's hands rest gently nearby his belt. His sidearm is on a legholster in plain sight, and on the back of his belt at a mostly horizontal angle is a large curved blade that's the very limits of what a knife could be considered.

[Lazarus] 10:32 am: roll your init Gabel

[] 10:32 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)

[] 10:32 am:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d8 (3) = 11

 

[monster87] 10:32 am: (bit late, but of course as a reaction to the guy) * looks angrily and lifts her nose)

[] 10:32 am: *Frank has his pistol out, but he's hot hbolding it very convincingly*

[Lazarus] 10:32 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 10:32 am:

-> 2d6 (6,4 = 10)

 

[monster87] 10:33 am: (ill throw the smoke as soon as possible if fighting starts)

[] 10:33 am: *Zack, mildly confused... stands there, his hand casually on his holster, *

[Lazarus] 10:33 am: As you make your move, one of the two leaders growls "Get'em!"

[monster87] 10:33 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)

[monster87] 10:33 am:

-> 2d8 (6,3 = 9)

 

[Lazarus] 10:33 am: (Get her Ray? That was your plan? Get her!)

[monster87] 10:34 am: can I use Plot Pointo n IT to go before the basterds?

[Lazarus] 10:34 am: that's not a use of plot points

[monster87] 10:34 am: damn

[Lazarus] 10:34 am: ok, everyone roll init that hasn't done so

[] 10:35 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)

[] 10:35 am:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d6 (4) = 6

 

[] 10:35 am: im at -2 or -1 step?

[Lazarus] 10:35 am: -1 step Z

[] 10:36 am: Uhh

[] 10:36 am: alertness+ what again?

[Lazarus] 10:36 am: agility

[] 10:36 am: What about me? Book says Non Fighting Types get -2 steps to combat

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: Ashene has left at 10:36 am+

[] 10:36 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4)

[] 10:36 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d4 (4) = 9

 

[Lazarus] 10:36 am: that doesn't affect reaction time

[] 10:36 am: Good

[Lazarus] 10:36 am: it will shooting or punching

[Lazarus] 10:37 am: Mick?

[] 10:38 am: *On coms* Alex were being ambushed *Gives location*

[] 10:38 am: *Zack does what the others do* "oh.. so, we are fighting?"

[] 10:38 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)

[] 10:38 am:

-> 2d10 (8,7 = 15)

 

[Lazarus] 10:38 am: ok Mick, you go first

[] 10:38 am: (Damn straight I do, and if I had an SMG, this shit would be over after this turn. Haha)

[] 10:38 am: *comms* Roger cap'n, what ya want me to do?

[Lazarus] 10:39 am: if you use coms, that will count as an action Gabel

[->Lazarus] 10:39 am: Can Alex lift off and maybe scare them away ?

[Lazarus->] 10:39 am: he's at the port, it will take him some time to get to you

[] 10:39 am: Even with Headsets ?

[] 10:40 am: I was already talking to Alex

[] 10:40 am: When these guys showed up

[Lazarus] 10:40 am: this is taking place within 3 seconds

[] 10:40 am: Well, first thing first. No use in getting shot, so Luke gets behind whatever cover he can move to quickly, aiming his pistol at the man who was talking for the group. Head, snake, so on, so forth, right? He'd squeeze off a round at the man.

[] 10:40 am: (Fighting Type, get to move without penalty before shooting.)

[] 10:41 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d6)

[] 10:41 am:

-> 1d10 (1)+ 1d6 (4) = 5

 

[Lazarus] 10:41 am: ok, but you also had to draw

[] 10:41 am: [Lazarus] 9:39 pm: "Now that ya ain't quite as tough, let's see what sort of coin ya gots."

[Zeenix] 9:39 pm: "Oh god.."

[Gabel] 9:39 pm: *On his headset* Alex we got company.

[Lazarus] 9:39 pm: FADE TO BLACK

[] 10:41 am: (Suhweet guns roll.)

[] 10:41 am: Alex Already knows somethings up

[] 10:41 am: At least

[->Lazarus] 10:41 am: Well.. I was impressive all the way up to having to actually shoot. Haha

[Lazarus] 10:42 am: ok gabel, saying we got company is not an action. Taking the time to give out IS an action

[Lazarus] 10:42 am: coordinates

[Lazarus] 10:42 am: that takes time when you are talking a 3 second time frame

[Lazarus] 10:42 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 10:42 am:

-> 2d6 (5,2 = 7)

 

[] 10:42 am: Is there a possible use of a plot point

[Lazarus] 10:43 am: plot points can not warp time

[] 10:43 am: They however can warp space, creating space suits.

[Lazarus] 10:43 am: The man manages to dodge the poorly aimed shot fired by Luke

[] 10:43 am: No but they can change the situation say alex knows already where we are at just not the coordinates for example

[] 10:44 am: Oh well, there'd be other opportunities, plus the main point got across that he shouldn't fuck around with them, or get shot at. Besides, one can only ask for so much from a pilot, acting first, and taking cover. It just seemed like shooting accurately on top of that wasn't in his cards.

[Lazarus] 10:44 am: ALEX can make a roll with is ship's alertness + Communications skill to try and find you

[Lazarus] 10:45 am: it is your turn John

[] 10:45 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)

[] 10:45 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d8 (8) = 13

 

[Lazarus] 10:45 am: drawing your pistol is one action

[] 10:45 am: I shoot their leader

[] 10:46 am: I already used a plot point for it

[] 10:46 am: ( what is ships alert die?

[] 10:46 am: To draw my gun

[] 10:46 am: Unless im not allowed to do that

[] 10:46 am: I stated when i drew my gun i used a plot point to do so

[Lazarus] 10:46 am: using a plot point does not negate the need to draw a pistol, that's not in the rules

[Lazarus] 10:47 am: I know you stated that, but just as monster staed she'd use a plot point to go first

[] 10:47 am: No but i can use plot points to change the situation so i changed the situation by using a plot point to draw my gun

[Lazarus] 10:47 am: plot points do a lot, but they are not omnipotent

[] 10:47 am: So they can't turn me into a ninja? Blast :(

[] 10:47 am: I thought plot points could be used to do those things

[Lazarus] 10:47 am: change a situation like having gear or a way out not, Hey my init sucked, but I'll use a plot point to go first

[] 10:47 am: Since i acted first

[] 10:48 am: My Ininit didnt suck

[] 10:48 am: I never said shoot first

[] 10:48 am: I said draw the gun thats it

[Lazarus] 10:48 am: regardless, plot points to not negate actions spent

[monster87] 10:48 am: Im with Laz here, in combat there's just certain things, like init and drawing your gun that you just have to do. Plot point can't change that

[Lazarus] 10:48 am: Mick has fighting type, he gets one free action

[] 10:48 am: Fine fine

[Lazarus] 10:49 am: John does not have that asset, so he has to spend an action to draw a weapon

[] 10:49 am: Yeah and that action would be a plot point would it not ? since it is a skill step

[] 10:50 am: Thats why i figured i could use it since a plot point when used is a D2 usually

[] 10:50 am: If used before not after

[Lazarus] 10:50 am: you are welcome to re-read the combat rules, but there is nothing in any edition of the Cortex rules that allows the use of a plot point to pay off an action

[Lazarus->] 10:51 am: ship's alert is d4, but the ship has a skill of d2 as well, so you'd roll d8+d4+d2

[] 10:51 am: I activate leadership then for this combat because we are at a distadvantage

[Lazarus] 10:51 am: that is totally fine and does not count as an action

[] 10:52 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4+d2)

[] 10:52 am:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d4 (1)+ 1d2 (1) = 6

 

[] 10:52 am: And i still shoot the guy

[] 10:52 am: Now let me see

[] 10:52 am: -1

[] 10:52 am: (sigh

[Lazarus] 10:52 am: too much ground clutter Alex

[Lazarus] 10:52 am: your net is +1 gabel

[] 10:52 am: Well i still shoot him with the 13

[Lazarus] 10:52 am: ok

[] 10:53 am: Because with the +1 and the -1

[] 10:53 am: :)

[Lazarus] 10:53 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 10:53 am:

-> 2d6 (4,2 = 6)

 

[Lazarus] 10:53 am: roll a d6 for damage

[] 10:53 am: d6 ? not a d8 this is a heavy pistol

[Lazarus] 10:53 am: oh sure roll for the heavy then

[] 10:53 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8)

[] 10:53 am:

-> 1d8 (2)

 

[Lazarus] 10:53 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)

[Lazarus] 10:53 am:

-> 1d6 (1)

 

[] 10:53 am: ROF is 2 im not sure what that means

[] 10:54 am: Rate of Fire?

[] 10:54 am: Yeah

[Lazarus] 10:54 am: you can only fire two shots in a round

[] 10:54 am: Ah okay

[Lazarus] 10:54 am: a standard pistol has a rate of fire of 3 because of the lighter recoil

[] 10:55 am: Im going to dodge my next action

[Lazarus] 10:55 am: The man yelps in pain, but does not fall.

[] 10:55 am: So a -2

[] 10:55 am: But really a -1 with leadership

[Lazarus] 10:55 am: actually you are at no penalty because you activated leadership

[] 10:55 am: Oh okay

[] 10:55 am: Can i shoot him again ?

[] 10:56 am: Since i can shoot twice

[Lazarus] 10:56 am: draw, shoot dodge thrid action is noramlly -2, but the +2 from the leadership negates that

[] 10:56 am: Ahhh yes

[Lazarus] 10:56 am: you can shoot again, but then you can only use innate defense

[] 10:56 am: I will go dodge

[] 10:56 am: Smarter

[Lazarus] 10:56 am: ok

[Lazarus] 10:57 am: the goons move next at 10

[Lazarus] 10:57 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10)

[Lazarus] 10:57 am:

-> 1d10 (9)

 

[Lazarus] 10:57 am: despite the gunplay, the bulk surge forward

[->Lazarus] 10:57 am: Sorry if i get confused with the combat rules we havent run that much combat with our guns

[Lazarus] 10:57 am: starts rolling some dice: (d5)

[Lazarus] 10:57 am:

-> 1d5 (4)

 

[monster87] 10:58 am: (how many total enemies are there?)

[Lazarus] 10:58 am: looks like luke is the luckyone with only one guy rushing him

[] 10:58 am: (These men must be crazy, or drugged. What sane civilian charges towards gunfire?)

[Lazarus] 10:58 am: the rest of you draw two goons each

[] 10:58 am: (Damn straight I am.)

[Lazarus] 10:58 am: looks like a dozen

[monster87] 10:58 am: (damn they should ignore the small woman without apparent weapon :P)

[monster87] 10:58 am: (would be smart too)

[Lazarus] 10:59 am: (going for the low hanging fruit without gun)

[Lazarus] 10:59 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 10:59 am:

-> 2d6 (1,1 = 2)

-> 2d6 (4,3 = 7)

 

[Lazarus] 10:59 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)

[Lazarus] 10:59 am:

-> 1d6 (4)

 

[Lazarus] 11:00 am: the two guys that rush John, one seems very drunk as he trips over his feet and falls headlong on his face

[Lazarus] 11:00 am: the second throws a punch at 7

[Lazarus] 11:00 am: rollyour dodge john

[] 11:00 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)

[] 11:00 am:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d8 (5) = 12

 

[] 11:00 am: HAH im a ninja

[] 11:00 am: What the fuck how can john be a ninja

[Lazarus] 11:00 am: whiff the punch misses completely

[] 11:00 am: Who is screwing with my dice

[Lazarus] 11:01 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:01 am:

-> 2d6 (4,3 = 7)

-> 2d6 (4,1 = 5)

 

[Lazarus] 11:01 am: two guys try to grab Boomer

[Lazarus] 11:01 am: roll your defense

[monster87] 11:01 am: whats that?

[Lazarus] 11:01 am: agility + unarmed

[->Lazarus] 11:01 am: Get ready to see the biggest flaw in having one leg.

[monster87] 11:01 am: and does non fightin type give -2 to that too?

[Lazarus->] 11:01 am: ility

[Lazarus] 11:01 am: or just agility

[->Lazarus] 11:01 am: I'm actually amazed that it's not a Major flaw.

[Lazarus] 11:01 am: not to defense

[->Lazarus] 11:02 am: Now that I fully start to grasp it.

[monster87] 11:02 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)

[monster87] 11:02 am:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d6 (5) = 8

 

[Lazarus] 11:02 am: Boomer nimbly manages to avoid their grasp

[->Lazarus] 11:02 am: Sorry for hijacking your post.

[Lazarus] 11:02 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:02 am:

-> 2d6 (6,2 = 8)

-> 2d6 (3,1 = 4)

 

[Lazarus] 11:02 am: frank your dodge

[Lazarus->] 11:02 am: np

[Lazarus] 11:03 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:03 am:

-> 2d6 (5,2 = 7)

 

[->Lazarus] 11:03 am: I didn't even bother with dodge.

[] 11:03 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)

[] 11:03 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d6 (1) = 6

 

[->Lazarus] 11:03 am: Because all Athletics checks for movement are at -4 steps... meaning I would have to have a d10 Dodge just to have a d2. Lol

[Lazarus] 11:04 am: Luke, you've moved, drawn, and shot. you have technically only used two actions and are a net +1 to your defense against that 7

[monster87] 11:04 am: (does having a smoke grenade go off at close range do damage to you?)

[Lazarus] 11:04 am: one punch misses Frank, but the second scores a graze for 2 stun

[Lazarus] 11:04 am: only if you hold it, they burn at high temp

[] 11:05 am: ( I need to roll against a 7?)

[] 11:05 am: Dodge that shit Stumpy

[] 11:05 am: (1 PP)

[Lazarus] 11:05 am: yes, the one guy atttacking you rolled a 7

[] 11:05 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d2)

[] 11:05 am:

-> 1d10 (8)+ 1d2 (2) = 10

 

[Lazarus] 11:05 am: ok mick

[] 11:05 am: I stagger back a pace or two

[Lazarus] 11:05 am: nice

[Lazarus] 11:05 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:05 am:

-> 2d6 (1,6 = 7)

-> 2d6 (1,2 = 3)

 

[Lazarus] 11:06 am: Zack, you can now dodge your net is +1 because of John's leadership

[] 11:06 am: I'm dodging that 3?

[Lazarus->] 11:06 am: well, now you know where to put your xp

[] 11:06 am: Your dodging that 7

[] 11:06 am: starts rolling some dice: (d)

[] 11:06 am:

-> d (0)

 

[Lazarus] 11:07 am: you better hope you can dodge a 3, becasue that 7 is going to hurt

[->Lazarus] 11:07 am: Nah, that's like... 30xp just to have a d2 to Dodge.

[->Lazarus] 11:07 am: Pass.

[Lazarus] 11:07 am: agility+unarmed+1 step

[Lazarus] 11:07 am: if you don't have unarmed it's agility +d2

[] 11:07 am: (Or dodge if you have it)

[->Lazarus] 11:07 am: Dodge really is a lifesaver

[] 11:07 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+2)

[] 11:07 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 2 (2) = 7

 

[->Lazarus] 11:07 am: Im glad i upgraded my agility

[->Lazarus] 11:08 am: Or i would be reaver bait by now

[->Lazarus] 11:08 am: Maybe if I get an awesome cybernetic leg, I will put some points in there. But 30xp to have a d2 in anything is a bit ridiculous.

[Lazarus] 11:08 am: The one punch manages to land, but you take no damage

[] 11:08 am: (Minus a step for being drunk!)

[] 11:08 am: (leadership is +2)

[Lazarus] 11:09 am: ok, boomer and zack can move, this is your second action, but because of leadership boomer is at +1 and zackis at no penalty

[Lazarus->] 11:09 am: you do have zack to attach a cybernetic leg

[] 11:09 am: (Can I still shoot, even though that guy is close?)

[Lazarus->] 11:09 am: EXPENSIVE though

[Lazarus] 11:09 am: yes you can

[Lazarus] 11:09 am: however, you will have to draw

[->Lazarus] 11:09 am: Exactly.

[] 11:09 am: okay-

[] 11:10 am: I'll do that thing

[->Lazarus] 11:10 am: Maybe I will just pull a Grindhouse and attach an M16 with an M203 on it.

[->Lazarus] 11:10 am: Worked pretty well for that chicka, right?

[Lazarus] 11:10 am: that puts you at a -1 to your guns

[] 11:10 am: thats cool, I'll use 1 plotpoint

[Lazarus->] 11:11 am: grindhouse? Is that a movie?

[Lazarus] 11:11 am: you can't negate

[] 11:11 am: Yeah

[monster87] 11:11 am: * Boomer narrowly avoids the grabbing hands and backs away, then turns around and runs for it, dropping the Smoke grenade early in her run, and hides behind some cover further down the road. * (do I need to run for the dropping of the smoke or the running as fast as I can part?)

[] 11:11 am: But I can still use a plotpoint

[Lazarus] 11:11 am: you can add plot points for a d2

[] 11:11 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6+d2)

[] 11:11 am:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d6 (3)+ 1d2 (1) = 6

 

[->Lazarus] 11:11 am: Yeah, Quentin Tarantino. It's very pulp and ridiculous.

[monster87] 11:11 am: (* I meant roll for.. *)

[Lazarus] 11:11 am: no boomer, dropping a grenade is no action

[Lazarus] 11:12 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)

[Lazarus] 11:12 am:

-> 1d6 (4)+ 1d4 (3) = 7

 

[->Lazarus] 11:12 am: http://fandomania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/grindhouse1.png

[->Lazarus] 11:12 am: Yes, it's as retarded as it looks. It's intended to be.

[Lazarus] 11:12 am: z reroll, I fogot you are a no penalty because you are firing at point blank

[] 11:13 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8+2)

[] 11:13 am:

-> 1d6 (4)+ 1d8 (1)+ 2 (2) = 7

 

[] 11:13 am: Wowza I'm rolling like a b***h

[monster87] 11:13 am: (any roll for hiding or getting as far away as possible :P?)

[Lazarus] 11:13 am: ok, your shot grazed him

[Lazarus] 11:13 am: roll d6 damage

[] 11:13 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)

[] 11:13 am:

-> 1d6 (4)

 

[Lazarus->] 11:13 am: uh, not so much

[Lazarus] 11:14 am: he yelps, but does not fall

[Lazarus] 11:14 am: frankis up

[] 11:14 am: I try to punch the guy who punched me

[Lazarus] 11:14 am: your net to your guns skill -2 for all your actions to this point

[Lazarus] 11:15 am: ah, well then -1 to the punch

[] 11:15 am: So whar do I roll?

[Lazarus->] 11:15 am: agility and good dodge are critical

[Lazarus] 11:15 am: agility + unarmed

[Lazarus] 11:16 am: if you don't have unarmed, you are rather screwed. Just agility -1

[] 11:16 am: starts rolling some dice: (d5)

[] 11:16 am:

-> 1d5 (3)

 

[] 11:16 am: *winces*

[Lazarus] 11:16 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)

[Lazarus] 11:16 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d4 (1) = 6

 

[Lazarus] 11:17 am: he easily dodges

[->Lazarus] 11:17 am: My crew needs to learn how to fight lol

[] 11:17 am: Yeah - no surprises

[Lazarus] 11:17 am: ok, top of the round

[Lazarus] 11:17 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:17 am:

-> 2d6 (4,2 = 6)

 

[] 11:17 am: (It'sa me-a!)

[->Lazarus] 11:17 am: Or at least get Dodge

[Lazarus] 11:17 am: John roll alert+intuition

[] 11:17 am: (Mario)

[] 11:18 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)

[] 11:18 am:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (3) = 11

 

[] 11:18 am: Oh intuition

[] 11:18 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8)

[] 11:18 am:

-> 1d8 (3)

 

[] 11:18 am: STILL A 3

[Lazarus->] 11:18 am: you can tell the guns are having an effect, one good boogie boogie boogie and they'll probably run

[Lazarus] 11:19 am: however 11 is good

[->Lazarus] 11:19 am: Okay i will target the guy who i targeted just now and shoot at him again

[] 11:19 am: Yeah i know

[Lazarus->] 11:19 am: I was thinking intimidation

[] 11:19 am: Its just i was so happy to find i could reroll

[] 11:19 am: Then dice are like .. NO!

[->Lazarus] 11:19 am: Oh okay well i will use intimidation then

[] 11:19 am: They really do like you, o they, gabgab?

[Lazarus->] 11:19 am: ok roll

[] 11:19 am: I warned you all To bugger off now look what you gone and done

[] 11:19 am: don't

[->Lazarus] 11:20 am: Sec finding the roll

[->Lazarus] 11:20 am: Brb, latrine. If I am not back by my turn, I shoot the guy in front of me with 1d10+1d6, plus 1d4 from John's Leadership.. so 2d10.

[] 11:20 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d2+1d10)

[] 11:20 am:

-> 1d12 (7)+ 1d2 (2)+ 1d10 (2) = 11

 

[Lazarus] 11:20 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:20 am:

-> 2d6 (2,1 = 3)

 

[Lazarus] 11:20 am: yipe yipe yipe yipe yipe

[Lazarus] 11:21 am: There is the resounding pitter patter feet and when the smoke clears, the goons are in full retreat

[] 11:21 am: *Looks back at the crew* Everyone allriht

[] 11:22 am: Alright*

[] 11:22 am: "Just about, Captain" *touches the side of his facwhere he was hit* "Ouch"

[] 11:22 am: *On coms* Alex we were ambushed at the Bar we chased em off though *Gives coordinates* Were comming back to you now

[->Lazarus] 11:23 am: Back

[Lazarus] 11:23 am: Frank is the only one that took a punch and he's not really injured, probably have a bruise in the morning

[Lazarus->] 11:23 am: the goons ran

[] 11:23 am: Wel, that couldhavem gone a lot worse

[Lazarus->] 11:23 am: they did decide fists versus guns was no bueno

[] 11:23 am: *coms* copy that Boss, anyone hurt?

[] 11:24 am: *Captain has a steel eyed stare looking around*

[] 11:24 am: *Coms* Frank got hit but i think were okay

[Lazarus] 11:24 am: you beat feet back to the ship and arrive without problem

[monster87] 11:24 am: (there's only smoke in the direction where Booms went)

[->Lazarus] 11:24 am: Yeeep, it rarely is bueno.

[] 11:24 am: "Damn it, I almost dropped that guy!" *Zack waves his pistol around*

[monster87] 11:25 am: (Booms is the real ninja lol, disappears in smoke)

[] 11:25 am: "Please don't weve loaded guns about, Zack"

[] 11:26 am: "All I saw was you take a fist to the face.." Luke limped back to the group, flipping on the safety and holstering in one motion, eyes from under those aviators trained on the direction of where the men ran off.

[] 11:26 am: "Aah, shut it." *Zack holsters his gun*

[] 11:27 am: Come lets go we still need to figure out about this Oddeasy ship this kids parents and laura are depending on us. *Captain moves with haste* Booms BOOMS! Where are you

[] 11:27 am: "Hey John, did I see one of your crew run off faster than a rabbit?... Comforting..."

[] 11:27 am: "Though, one of us should have stayed on the ship doc, that way if we died we would have spares!" *Zack starts laughing*

[] 11:28 am: *Frank just looks at him, but doesn't say anything*

[monster87] 11:28 am: "Here Cap'n" * moves from her hiding place. "They gone so soon?"

[Lazarus] 11:28 am: searching the cortex is an int+hacking

[] 11:28 am: We scared em off lets get moving we need to figure out the information you had

[] 11:28 am: *Zack gives back a half drunken stare*

[] 11:28 am: Its important we find out about this Ship as soon as we can

[] 11:29 am: You unharmed Booms *captain walks up to her*

[Lazarus] 11:29 am: Zack's buzz is most imphatically over by now

[monster87] 11:29 am: * moves back to the group, scratching her head * "Err sorry there guys, guess instinct got the better of me there"

[] 11:30 am: Oh, I guess the fight lasted longer than I though

[] 11:30 am: t

[] 11:30 am: Booms try and stick close to us if you get hurt *captain grabs her shoulders* Id never forgive myself.

[monster87] 11:30 am: "Ah" * blushes * "Don't worry Cap'n. You know me. Nobody's going to catch me" * manages a half smile *

[Lazarus] 11:31 am: no, the adrenaline helped purge the buzz

[] 11:32 am: I see, I guess I dont know much about alcohol then :)

[] 11:32 am: (Possibly getting beaten to death and robbed will do that for you. A hell of a buzzkill. Hah)

[Lazarus] 11:32 am: indeed

[monster87] 11:32 am: "It's just.. Those men coming at me with such intent.. I'm so very happy Jo thought me some tricks to dodge that"

[Lazarus] 11:32 am: int + hacking to find info on ship

[] 11:33 am: And that goes for any of you your about as close to family i got *Captain has his usual stern look* Come lets go *Starts mumbling* Try and salvage whats left of my past....

[monster87] 11:33 am: (ah we back yet?)

[monster87] 11:33 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d12+1d4)

[monster87] 11:33 am:

-> 2d12 (10,1 = 11) + 1d4 (4) = 15

 

[] 11:33 am: (Lets just say we are)

[monster87] 11:33 am: is that enough ;)?

[] 11:34 am: "A one big family huh? Charming."

[->Lazarus] 11:34 am: I seriously gotta take fighting type

[Lazarus->] 11:35 am: yep

[->Lazarus] 11:35 am: Thats 20 exp right

[->Lazarus] 11:35 am: Time to save up i guess

[Lazarus->] 11:35 am: yes

[Lazarus->monster87] 11:37 am: All you can find is that the Ship was originally the Odyssey and that it was once the flagship of the well respected Odin cruise line when she was launched as the Odyssey in 2493.

[Lazarus->monster87] 11:37 am: current year is 2518

[Lazarus->monster87] 11:38 am: The compnay went out of business 10years ago

[] 11:38 am: I take it we're back on board ship, now?

[] 11:38 am: (yes)

[Lazarus->monster87] 11:39 am: The ship was converted into a quasi-bulk freight/colony ship and made a few runs out to the Rim taking colonists to newly terraformed worlds, most notably three trips to the failed Miranda colony before the planet was declared a “Black Rock” and abandoned

[] 11:39 am: (At least i think so since booms is hacking)

[Lazarus] 11:39 am: yes, everyone is back on the ship

[Lazarus] 11:40 am: and Boomer is hacking, but seems to be AFK

[Lazarus] 11:40 am: All you can find is

that the Ship was originally the Odyssey

and that it was once the flagship of the

well respected Odin cruise line when she

was launched as the Odyssey in 2493.

[] 11:40 am: So, Frank goes off to infirmary to deal with his injury, and then goes to bed.

[Lazarus] 11:40 am: current year is 2518

[monster87] 11:40 am: * After a short search * "Well Cap'n it says here the ship was originally the Odyssey and the flagship of the well respected Odin cruise line, but that was 25 years ago. The company went out of buisness 10 years ago. The ship was then converted into a quasi-bulk freight/colony-ship that made a few runs out to the Rim taking colonists to newly terraformed worlds. It says it did 3 trips to the Miranda colony before it was abandoned."

[Lazarus->monster87] 11:41 am: Even that business failed to keep the ship worth flying and then the record ends

[monster87] 11:42 am: "But even that failed and the buisness to keep the ship flying failed - there the record ends."

[monster87] 11:42 am: "I'm guessing it was salvaged unofficially after that by our guy, but unfortunately that's not in the official cortex records"

[monster87->Lazarus] 11:43 am: Isn't there any other underground news or something I can try a more advanced search in?

[->Lazarus] 11:43 am: Would i know anybody who might have access to unnoffical records

[] 11:43 am: *Zack, feeling sleepy again, wanders off to the nearest chair or bed and dozes off*

[Lazarus->monster87] 11:43 am: nothing that seems to be on the cortex, the ship seems to be a bit of a spectre

[->Lazarus] 11:43 am: From either before or after the war

[->Lazarus] 11:43 am: Using Friends in low places

[Lazarus->] 11:44 am: you'll have to leave the ship for that, ask around he spaceport

[monster87] 11:44 am: * Boomer does some more typing, trying to find info through unofficial channels for a time, but after a time: * "Pff.. I give up. This ship is a real specter Cap'n. Nothing either official or unofficial on it"

[->Lazarus] 11:44 am: Is that what you recommend doing because im not sure how to move forward with that info

[monster87->Lazarus] 11:45 am: can't I hack into the logs of this planet's inbound and outbound ships?

[] 11:45 am: Im guessing we will have to ask around the spacesport

[monster87->Lazarus] 11:45 am: see if anything matches the description?

[Lazarus->monster87] 11:45 am: ds and ship was known to be in port here, then someone has tohave seen the ship

[Lazarus->] 11:46 am: Logic dictates that if Cortex has no records and ship was known to be in port here, then someone has tohave seen the ship

[Lazarus->monster87] 11:46 am: not everything is on the cortex

[->Lazarus] 11:46 am: Okay then that is what i will do

[monster87] 11:46 am: "Yeah someone has to have seen it, let's ask. Unfortunately many things are never recorded on the Cortex"

[monster87] 11:46 am: "Anyone else coming?"

[Lazarus] 11:47 am: the two doctors are snoozing

[Lazarus] 11:47 am: hopalong is oiling his leg

[] 11:47 am: Jo i want you to watch our new friend here

[monster87->Lazarus] 11:47 am: heh if it was a central planet I guess it'd be a different story. I image there's automated camera's and logs everywhere there xD

[] 11:47 am: He might know more if he ever wakes up

[Lazarus] 11:47 am: "Aye captain."

[] 11:47 am: I take Booms and Alex around the spaceport to find more info

[] 11:47 am: Alex can stretch his legs a bit

[Lazarus] 11:48 am: ok

[] 11:48 am: "feels good to get out and around, need some smokes too

[] 11:48 am: (I'll go have a shower, wont take long)

[->Lazarus] 11:48 am: Good thing we have two pilots now i feel sorry for having Alex in the cockpit all the time

[Lazarus] 11:48 am: int + streetwise

[] 11:48 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)

[] 11:48 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d8 (3) = 5

 

[] 11:48 am: Famous low rolls

[Lazarus] 11:49 am: complex action

[monster87] 11:49 am: "This'll be fun!" * Boomer, with her usual enthousiasm rekindled grabs both guys, each by an arm, and walks proudly in their middle out of the ship"

[] 11:49 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)

[] 11:49 am:

-> 1d6 (6)

 

[] 11:49 am: (no streetwise

[monster87] 11:49 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)

[monster87] 11:49 am:

-> 1d12 (2)+ 1d8 (6) = 8

 

[Lazarus->monster87] 11:49 am: you bet there'd be all sorts of records, but a ship like the OddEasy doesn't visit the central planets

[] 11:49 am: (I would have taken more people with me but i guess their all afk)

[monster87->Lazarus] 11:49 am: yep

[monster87->Lazarus] 11:49 am: more fun to ask around anyway

[Lazarus] 11:49 am: ok highest roll is 8

[monster87] 11:50 am: I can reroll that

[monster87] 11:50 am: if we have only 1 roll

[Lazarus] 11:50 am: keep rolling, most people either don't know or won't talk about the OddEasy

[] 11:50 am: (Nope, chilling here.. but have at it. I'll keep working on that access airlock to the fighter container.)

[monster87] 11:50 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)

[monster87] 11:50 am:

-> 1d12 (8)+ 1d8 (8) = 16

 

[] 11:50 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)

[] 11:50 am:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d8 (7) = 14

 

[monster87] 11:50 am: that's better

[] 11:50 am: Wow

[Lazarus] 11:50 am: but this is a complex task, you want to waste things go smooth on this?

[] 11:51 am: Dont worry booms

[Lazarus] 11:51 am: net is 24

[monster87] 11:51 am: yeah that's why I said if we have only 1 roll :P I was not sure I understood correctly what complex action means

[] 11:51 am: Complex actions are actions that need time to complete

[] 11:51 am: The higher we roll the less time they take

[Lazarus] 11:51 am: each roll uses 20 minutes in this case

[] 11:51 am: Is what i gathered

[] 11:51 am: And time is not on our side though but 20 mins is not bad

[Lazarus] 11:52 am: keep rolling

[] 11:52 am: Boom and Ale

[] 11:52 am: See if you get higher then 14

[monster87] 11:52 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)

[monster87] 11:52 am:

-> 1d12 (11)+ 1d8 (2) = 13

 

[] 11:52 am: ( I only have int d6

[] 11:53 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)

[] 11:53 am:

-> 1d6 (6)

 

[Lazarus] 11:53 am: he's there for moral support

[] 11:53 am: but you keep acing your rolls

[Lazarus] 11:53 am: someone has to roll the botch so I can spring more goons on you

[] 11:53 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)

[] 11:53 am:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d8 (4) = 12

 

[monster87] 11:53 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)

[monster87] 11:53 am:

-> 1d12 (12)+ 1d8 (8) = 20

 

[Lazarus] 11:53 am: net is 37

[monster87] 11:53 am: lol about acing my rolls

[] 11:53 am: YES

[] 11:53 am: Boomer

[Lazarus] 11:54 am: net is 57 and that's 80 minutes

[] 11:54 am: We still dont have the info ?

[monster87] 11:54 am: what's the target?

[Lazarus] 11:54 am: unfornately, still not there yet

[Lazarus] 11:54 am: 75

[] 11:54 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)

[] 11:54 am:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d8 (7) = 10

 

[] 11:54 am: 67

[monster87] 11:54 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)

[monster87] 11:54 am:

-> 1d12 (10)+ 1d8 (3) = 13

 

[] 11:54 am: go booms

[] 11:54 am: YAY

[] 11:54 am: thats enough

[] 11:54 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)

[] 11:54 am:

-> 1d6 (3)

 

[Lazarus] 11:54 am: 70 after 100 minutes

[Lazarus] 11:55 am: one more roll, just no one botch and you will be good

[monster87] 11:55 am: no 80

[monster87] 11:55 am: 57+23 =80

[Lazarus] 11:55 am: boomer rolled higher than you

[Lazarus] 11:55 am: I used the 13 not the 10

[monster87] 11:55 am: ah you getting the highest every time.. ok

[monster87] 11:55 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)

[monster87] 11:55 am:

-> 1d12 (6)+ 1d8 (3) = 9

 

[] 11:55 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)

[] 11:55 am:

-> 1d6 (3)

 

[Lazarus] 11:55 am: botch it john

[Lazarus] 11:56 am: make things interesting

[monster87] 11:56 am: cmon gabel you roll 10 there

[] 11:56 am: NO

[] 11:56 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)

[] 11:56 am:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d8 (1) = 5

 

[] 11:56 am: I DENY you dice gods

[Lazarus] 11:56 am: fudge, you succeed with no botches

[] 11:56 am: great

[] 11:56 am: Close though

[] 11:56 am: :(

[monster87] 11:56 am: (lol with only my rolls it would've been enough, even gabel was there for moral support)

[Lazarus] 11:57 am: two hours of tiring walking around the port learns the OddEasy left two days ago. Not a lot to go on, but Boomer did find the ship's original specs

[Lazarus] 11:57 am: That will give you a radius to work with

[monster87] 11:57 am: lol you made this into a difficult puzzle Laz

[Lazarus] 11:58 am: THis ship is DEEP cover

[] 11:58 am: A lot of space to search, though

[] 11:58 am: Oh come on not even a destination or anything

[] 11:58 am: How the hell

[Lazarus] 11:58 am: it is running a slaving ring that is killing the victims on TV, not something they want to be easy to find

[monster87] 11:58 am: that it left 2 days ago says nothing about when it arrived, or even if it arrived at it's destination yet.. so what did we get to go on...?

[Lazarus] 11:58 am: well Alex can do some calcualting

[] 11:59 am: Alex is hogging exp how he going to do anything lol

[monster87] 11:59 am: wait they left 2 days ago, but when did the broadcasts start?

[] 11:59 am: (hehe

[Lazarus] 11:59 am: you three can roll int+piloting

[] 11:59 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)

[] 11:59 am:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (1) = 9

 

[monster87] 11:59 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6)

[monster87] 11:59 am:

-> 1d12 (11)+ 1d6 (4) = 15

 

[] 11:59 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)

[] 11:59 am:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d6 (1) = 7

 

[Lazarus] 11:59 am: astrogation if you have it

[] 11:59 am: (oh

[] 12:00 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)

[] 12:00 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d8 (6) = 8

 

[] 12:00 pm: Even the Engineer has better Piloting then SJ whats going on here

[monster87] 12:00 pm: lol

[] 12:00 pm: Wait dont you have behind the wheel SJ

[] 12:00 pm: Oops :)

[monster87] 12:00 pm: Im just good at everything ;) but you have only 1 me

[Lazarus->monster87] 12:00 pm: you do some thinking and based on the speed of the ship, there is only one planet within a two day normal burn,

[] 12:00 pm: ( i assumed base pilot skill not mid bulk transports which is d12+d4

[Lazarus->monster87] 12:00 pm: however that planet is home of an Alliance Naval base. no way they'd go there

[] 12:00 pm: Boomer is a polymath?

[Lazarus->monster87] 12:01 pm: roll int+piloting again

[monster87->Lazarus] 12:01 pm: .. didn't the broadcasts start before, giving them only 1,5 days or something? And can the broadcasts be from their own ship mid-space or not?

[monster87] 12:01 pm: not sure what polymath means, but she's a genius in any case

[->Lazarus] 12:02 pm: Bunch of misfits i tell you

[->Lazarus] 12:02 pm: lol

[monster87] 12:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6)

[monster87] 12:02 pm:

-> 1d12 (8)+ 1d6 (5) = 13

 

[] 12:02 pm: (d12 int, whoa

[Lazarus->monster87] 12:02 pm: there is another moon, known to be a hub for smuggling, that lies fifteen more hours outside of the liner’s current maximum distance.

[] 12:03 pm: ( and yeah I have behin wheel major

[] 12:03 pm: (Yeah sorry it was Int)

[monster87] 12:03 pm: "From which I know there's only one very impossible thing where they could've gone.. an alliance naval base. Only other thing is a moon a bit further, then they would need 15 more hours.. and that doesn't fit either

[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: You figure you've found all you can find and wander back to the ship

[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: it is late about 0200

[] 12:04 pm: Wait does that mean the ship is transmitting in space

[monster87] 12:04 pm: The thought occured to me

[monster87->Lazarus] 12:04 pm: is it possible that it's transmitting from space?

[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: THe ship is large enough for such equipment and Boomer was able to figure the signal seemed to be moving

[monster87] 12:05 pm: and it seems to be the most likely explanation

[] 12:05 pm: *John Swears out loud for the first time*

[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: Like many liners, the Odyssy had an extensive entertainment suite to include a stage

[] 12:06 pm: How in the gorram hells are we going to track a moving ship

[monster87->Lazarus] 12:06 pm: can we follow a moving signal? And do we have any way to tell which direction the signal came from?

[Lazarus->monster87] 12:06 pm: you've got a probable course

[monster87] 12:06 pm: "I'll figure something out"

[Lazarus->monster87] 12:06 pm: it will take some serious astrogation to plot an intercept based on what little you have

[monster87] 12:07 pm: "Let's get back to the ship and start it, that way we get there fastest, I'll do some calculations in the meanwhile"

[] 12:07 pm: What are we going to do with our ... stowaway.

[monster87] 12:07 pm: what stowaway?

[Lazarus->monster87] 12:07 pm: fortunately your ship is almost three times as fast

[] 12:07 pm: You said he was an engineer right

[monster87->Lazarus] 12:07 pm: as overconfident as I am, I'm sure I can do that ;)

[] 12:07 pm: That guy you met at the pub

[] 12:07 pm: (Stowaway?)

[monster87] 12:07 pm: ah yes

[Lazarus->monster87] 12:07 pm: might help to involve the pilot

[monster87->Lazarus] 12:08 pm: ofc I'll let Alex help

[] 12:08 pm: Ommer?

[] 12:08 pm: *Back on the ship*

[monster87] 12:09 pm: "Well it wouldn't do to just drag him along I guess. Maybe he has an ID card with him and we can bring him home?"

[Lazarus] 12:09 pm: Jeff is his name

[] 12:09 pm: Him? The one who passed out in front of you?

[monster87] 12:09 pm: I could prolly find out his location?

[] 12:09 pm: He knew about the ripper he might know more about the oddeasy i aint letting him go til we find out what he knows

[monster87] 12:09 pm: maybe he's slept it off enough to find his own way

[Lazarus->] 12:09 pm: yeah, but star doesn't seem to mind

[monster87] 12:09 pm: "That's not like you John. Don't be dragging innocent people without their concent or I'll leave you right now"

[Lazarus] 12:10 pm: (That would be kidnapping)

[->Lazarus] 12:10 pm: I know but either way i just feel like i have to include people its not fun to roleplay otherwise

[monster87] 12:10 pm: (right)

[Lazarus->] 12:10 pm: true

[->Lazarus] 12:10 pm: And i know SJ has alot of wife aggro

[monster87] 12:10 pm: * Boomer is obviously angry at the Captains remark *

[->Lazarus] 12:10 pm: sometimes

[] 12:11 pm: Innocent if he knew the name of the ship boomer he aint no innocent til proven so

[monster87] 12:11 pm: "Alex, what do you think? We can't just kidnap the guy, can we?"

[] 12:11 pm: And he even knew about ... the meat

[Lazarus->monster87] 12:11 pm: that's not how alliance law works

[Lazarus->monster87] 12:11 pm: innocent until proven guilty

[] 12:12 pm: " I defr to Cap'n moral compass on this one Boomer

[Lazarus->] 12:12 pm: what you know of the law, it would be kidnapping to take him

[] 12:12 pm: If he doesnt know anything we can drop him off back home

[monster87] 12:12 pm: "Besides you should know it's not the way the system works. People are guilty if proven, not the other way around"

[] 12:12 pm: But peoples lives are at stake boomer

[->Lazarus] 12:12 pm: I gotta call it a day here, man... rocking a hell of a migrane, didn't sleep for shit last night, probably like 30-45 minutes.. running on caffiene. Lol

[] 12:12 pm: " although I pretty sure it would be illegal kidnapping...

[->Lazarus] 12:13 pm: And this looks like a lot of tech/persuasion/science rolling going on here.

[Lazarus->] 12:13 pm: ok, if you have to go, try and feel better

[monster87] 12:13 pm: "I could ask him, friendly mind you, but if he wants to leave I'll let him leave"

[] 12:13 pm: We can drop him off back home if he doesnt know anything else

[Lazarus->] 12:13 pm: yes, seems so

[->Lazarus] 12:13 pm: If shit's going to go down, I can stay... just don't be the most energetic. Hah

[] 12:13 pm: (Where is this discussion taking place?)

[Lazarus->] 12:13 pm: real story starts when you catch the ship

[Lazarus->] 12:13 pm: will take only one more astrogation roll

[monster87] 12:13 pm: (somewhere where we enter the Ship I guess)

[Lazarus->] 12:14 pm: then the plot gets really interesting

[] 12:14 pm: *Returns to the doc* Doc's you got something to sprucen up a drunk.

[->Lazarus] 12:14 pm: Alright

[] 12:14 pm: Wake up*

[] 12:14 pm: Care to elaborate?

[] 12:14 pm: which one!

[] 12:15 pm: We need to talk to that Jeff feller before we leave

[] 12:15 pm: lol

[monster87] 12:15 pm: * as John moves away Boomer turns to Alex * "You've got to be kidding me Alex, we're not going to kidnap this guy, he's done nothing wrong!" (might be heard further down)

[Lazarus] 12:15 pm: I would say in the cargo hold or the bridge

[] 12:15 pm: I did say Zack found the closest chair or bed

[] 12:15 pm: So I may actually be in hearing range

[] 12:15 pm: Theres a whole crew of doctors im in the med bay

[monster87] 12:16 pm: (i guess you at least hear the angry shouts of Boomer and can move closer to hear)

[Lazarus] 12:16 pm: this late, the med crew are asleep

[Lazarus] 12:16 pm: it's 0200

[] 12:16 pm: I will go wake Zack or Frank then

[Lazarus] 12:17 pm: and meet in the common room or the bridge?

[monster87] 12:17 pm: "Alex?"

[] 12:17 pm: Common room

[] 12:17 pm: "yeah?

[Lazarus] 12:17 pm: okay, less the nurses and the medics, the ship's crew meets in the common room

[monster87] 12:17 pm: (you didn't react when I said this earlier) "You've got to be kidding me Alex, we're not

going to kidnap this guy, he's done nothing wrong!"

[] 12:18 pm: " I'm not going against Cap'n on this, its chain of command

[] 12:18 pm: And the captain never said anything about kidnapping anyone your assuming things way to much

[monster87] 12:18 pm: "Pah we're not alliance!"

[monster87] 12:18 pm: (hehe you know Booms, it's the way she's understood it and it made her angry)

[] 12:19 pm: *Zack after hearing the shouts, gets up and goes to see boomer and alex before going to the common room.*

[monster87] 12:19 pm: * stamps away to at least be there when Jeff is interrogated or whatever it is capn is planning with him *

[monster87] 12:19 pm: * bumps into Zack *

[] 12:19 pm: "true enough, but even civilian boats must have discipline

[monster87] 12:20 pm: "Did you hear this Zack? Cap'n wants to kidnap this Jeff guy because he might know something"

[] 12:20 pm: *Zack, visibily exhausted* "... Why are you shouting boomer?"

[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: "Wazallashoutinabout? Any coffee?"

[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: As the subject of the disagreement wanders toward the noise.

[] 12:21 pm: "Mm-hmm. I see. We better discuss this after a good nights sleep" *Zack answers in his snarky tone.*

[] 12:21 pm: I got some *Starts making coffee*

[] 12:21 pm: Your names Jeff right (I assume he passes by the common room)

[monster87] 12:22 pm: "Pah, we're about to lift as I understand it, you can sleep through that if you want" * stamps away again, in search for Jeff and the Captain *

[] 12:22 pm: afk a few mins

[Lazarus] 12:22 pm: "Yesh, er yes. Jeff Olson. W-where am I?"

[monster87] 12:23 pm: * as she enters the mess and sees Cap'n making coffee for Jeff she stops, standing defensive at the door, looking before acting *

[] 12:23 pm: You were to drunk so we took you with us you was talking to my mechanic Boomer

[monster87] 12:23 pm: * but with an angry grimace *

[] 12:23 pm: *Here have some* It will quicken ya up

[] 12:23 pm: *Sits down*

[monster87] 12:24 pm: * at the mention of her name and Jeff's look towards her she manages a half smile and comes a bit closer *

[Lazarus] 12:24 pm: "Oh uh, w-well, thank you. I can see you're busy. I'll be on my way."

[] 12:24 pm: *Zack, knowing expecting more loud arguing, relunctantly follows boomer.*

[] 12:24 pm: Jeff...

[] 12:24 pm: *Knowing to expect

[] 12:24 pm: My Mechanic told me you knew about the oddeasy

[] 12:24 pm: And this Ripper feller

[] 12:24 pm: *stands up again*

[monster87] 12:25 pm: * gives the captain a meaningful look * "If the man wants to leave he's free to, right?"

[Lazarus] 12:25 pm: "The what? Oh that lump of fei wu? I'm a mechanic, it needed work. So what?"

[] 12:25 pm: You worked on it ?

[] 12:25 pm: *Intrigued*

[Lazarus] 12:26 pm: "Look, don't judge me. TImes is hard and I drink too much. I take work I can get. Now how about you shove off?"

[] 12:26 pm: I need to know where it was headed or a way to track it jeff

[] 12:26 pm: Im not judging you

[] 12:26 pm: *Zack dragging himself slowly to the entrance.* "Oh, its that drunk guy."

[Lazarus] 12:26 pm: "How in the hell would I know?"

[] 12:26 pm: You said you worked on it

[] 12:26 pm: You must know something about its destination or at least where it was headed

[monster87] 12:27 pm: "If he says he don't, he don't. But " * looks thoughtful * " maybe you do know something about that broadcasting unit they have"

[] 12:27 pm: Look im going to lay it straight with you that ship is running you heard of the Extreme TV sport where they use people in cages.

[] 12:27 pm: *Zack sits next to Jeff, and tries to get himself some coffee aswell*

[] 12:28 pm: And i got people on that boat who were taken against their will

[Lazarus] 12:29 pm: "I'm no commo guy? I worked on thrusters."

[] 12:29 pm: How fast is the ship can you tell us that then

[] 12:29 pm: That will give us a relative direction in where they could be

[Lazarus] 12:30 pm: "All I know is that lunatic Ripper showed up with a line of people in chains. No one pays attention to mechanics. I don't know who they were or where they went. I'm just glad I wasn't one of thm. I'm leaving now."

[Lazarus->] 12:31 pm: you already have the ships specs

[] 12:31 pm: Frank speaks up - "Jeff - we've got an 8-year-old boy staying with us whse parents were kidnapped to take part in these fights. Would you look him in the face and tell him you don't care about them?"

[->Lazarus] 12:31 pm: Okay do i even need to roll an intuition to find out if this guy might know more

[Lazarus] 12:31 pm: "Look, that's a sad story, but the Verse if full of sad stories. I didn't snatch em."

[->Lazarus] 12:31 pm: Or just let him go

[Lazarus->] 12:32 pm: you can roll alertness + intution

[] 12:32 pm: *Zack starts drinking his coffee, still next to Jeff* "Whats with all the drama? Either let him leave, or restrain the guy."

[] 12:32 pm: It aint his fight Frank if he does not know more any advantage we get over that ship would make one sad story a happier one

[] 12:32 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)

[] 12:32 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d8 (2) = 9

 

[->Lazarus] 12:32 pm: If i need plot points i spend em

[monster87] 12:32 pm: * drops her anger * "Jeff I know you're a nice guy and don't want trouble. But we want to help those people in chains and all the future mothers and father's they'll take"

[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: "Whoa, restrain? You ain't got enough pi gu to restrain me!"

[] 12:32 pm: *shrugs - angry but not pushing it*

[monster87] 12:33 pm: "And nobody is going to restrain you"

[monster87] 12:33 pm: * looks angrily at Zack *

[] 12:33 pm: "Not saying we are, just saying we could."

[monster87] 12:33 pm: (sweet and cheerful? influence)

[monster87] 12:33 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12)

[monster87] 12:33 pm:

-> 2d12 (2,12 = 14)

 

[Lazarus->] 12:33 pm: he's gotten too angry to read well. He's not really thinking about anyone but himself now

[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: "You could try."

[monster87] 12:34 pm: * to Zack * "Stop that Zack, you're not helping!

[] 12:34 pm: Every one just calm the hell down we aint restraining anying Zack get the hell out of this room right this instant

[] 12:34 pm: anyone*

[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: "You people are crazy. I'm done."

[] 12:34 pm: "Yeah, well if you didnt keep shouting I would be asleep right now!"

[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: he makes to leave

[] 12:34 pm: *Stops him*

[] 12:35 pm: *Grabs all the coffee and leaves*

[] 12:35 pm: Jeff i need you to think for a second just one second

[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: "LET. ME. GO."

[] 12:35 pm: *At the exit* "Yeah, I knew it."

[] 12:35 pm: Look i aint out to harm you but i know you are just thinking about getting home right now

[] 12:35 pm: *leaves*

[] 12:35 pm: *Takes out some credits* How much to make you talk

[Lazarus->] 12:36 pm: they seem to have gone on one of their RP tangents, if you aren't feeling well, go ahead and roll

[] 12:36 pm: I dont grab him i just move infront of him in a non imposing manner

[Lazarus] 12:37 pm: He eyes the credits greedily. "I don't know what they put in the protein here, but you should cut the dose. I told you. I ship came in that needed work with no questions. I fixed it, it left. end of the gorram story!"

[] 12:37 pm: Are you sure you dont know more *Takes out some more credits*

[->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: Thanks, take it easy man.

[->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: Normally I would be all for trying to badger the guy who doesn't know anything into telling us more.

[->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: Fucking Crew getting all up in arms

[->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: What are they thinking

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: has left at 12:39 pm+

[Lazarus] 12:40 pm: "Gorram it, don't you think I wish I did. That's more money than I see in a week."

[Lazarus] 12:40 pm: (Mick has a migraine and had to go)

[] 12:40 pm: (okay)

[->Lazarus] 12:41 pm: Can i use intiution on him one last time

[->Lazarus] 12:41 pm: now that he has calmed down

[->Lazarus] 12:41 pm: Im guessing he dont know shit but still

[] 12:42 pm: (laz Pm)

[Lazarus->] 12:43 pm: that seems to be the case

[] 12:43 pm: "Just think, Jeff. Please." frank says

[->Lazarus] 12:43 pm: Well i pay him a few credits for his trouble and let him leave

[Lazarus] 12:43 pm: "THINK ABOUT WHAT!" He roars now both aggitated and scared. "I don't know anything!"

[] 12:43 pm: Frank seriously

[] 12:44 pm: *Pays the man a few credits* This is for your trouble

[] 12:44 pm: *Pats him on the shoulders*

[] 12:44 pm: "All right, Captain." Frank subsides

[] 12:44 pm: Thanks for what you told us at least

[] 12:44 pm: *Moves out of his way*

[] 12:45 pm: Booms you think of anything yet

[] 12:45 pm: How in gorram hell are we supposed to track that ship.

[] 12:46 pm: Im stumped

[Lazarus] 12:46 pm: "Xie xie." He takes the credits and leaves as quickly as possible."

[] 12:46 pm: *Says this as Jeff leaves*

[monster87] 12:46 pm: * to Jeff * "Don't blame our Captain. He's in much stress over the girl that's in chains.."

[] 12:46 pm: *Having been in hearing range the whole time, Zack comes back to the room* "Poor guy.."

[monster87] 12:46 pm: * to captain * "Well that was not your best, but at least you handled it more proper than I thought you would. I'll find out their course, just start the ship so we can intercept them quick"

[monster87] 12:47 pm: * goes to the bridge *

[] 12:47 pm: Ya didnt have to go mentioning restraints At him Zack *Noticing him come back* Sorry i yelled *Captain shakes his head in dismay*

[] 12:47 pm: Alex

[] 12:47 pm: *on coms*

[] 12:47 pm: Get her started

[] 12:47 pm: "tough day, eh?

[] 12:48 pm: "No worries captain, family members have fights, Right?"

[] 12:48 pm: "ok, powering up and going thru preflights

[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: Well back to the task at hand

[] 12:48 pm: Aye ... that they do

[monster87] 12:48 pm: * On the bridge with Alex * "You start her while I start calculating, but I might need some help later, you seem to know your way around astrofysics"

[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: you'e got the ship's speed and how long it's been gone

[monster87->Lazarus] 12:48 pm: well I start calculating but let Alex help as soon as he can

[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: you know the only planet within that radius has a large alliance base

[] 12:49 pm: "yeah studied Astrogation a mite

[monster87] 12:49 pm: and do we know where the signal came from?

[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: you do know that there is another moon. named Gimlet that is a hub for smuggling and is 15 hours for the liner to reach

[] 12:49 pm: "I feel for Jeff though, he didnt seem like he had much luck with women. And the occasion he does, this happens."

[monster87] 12:50 pm: Well you where pretty insensitive back there, not much of you showed sorry

[] 12:50 pm: (Laz pm again)

[Lazarus->monster87] 12:51 pm: kk

[] 12:51 pm: "That so? I wonder how he feels about you after all of this."

[] 12:51 pm: "Used, I'd guess."

[monster87] 12:51 pm: * with help of the main computer Boomer starts some complicated calculations from which she hopes to track the ships position, direction and the intercept course and time as precisely as possible *

[->Lazarus] 12:51 pm: Im going to send The fox an updated wave he already knew we were comming here im going to inform him of everything that is going on about the Oddeasy

[->Lazarus] 12:51 pm: Basically just update him on the situation

[->Lazarus] 12:51 pm: I know he might be to far away and it takes a long time and all that

[->Lazarus] 12:52 pm: Unless he has recieved my first wave and is on his way to help but either way i send it

[] 12:52 pm: *looks at captain* "Although... atleast boomer didnt use anesthetic to knock him out."

[Lazarus] 12:52 pm: Given the slim information you have, you have the feeling this is going to take some serious skill and not a little luck to pull off an interception

[] 12:52 pm: Eh who said anything about knocking him out

[Lazarus] 12:52 pm: here's the deal, you are looking at int +astrogation

[Lazarus->] 12:53 pm: well he knows you and does owe you a favor, depends on whether on not he's avilable

[] 12:53 pm: I'll give a try with 2 pp also

[] 12:53 pm: ( so d6+d8+d4, is that right, d4 for the 2 pp

[monster87] 12:53 pm: as a complex action? or how are we going to do this

[monster87] 12:54 pm: you can use the born behind the wheel star?

[Lazarus] 12:54 pm: if you roll an 11, you will arrive with one hour before Laura's match

[->Lazarus] 12:54 pm: Well this is one of those things that would come back to haunt me if i didnt call in a favor on it

[Lazarus] 12:54 pm: If you roll a 15, you make it with 6 hours to spare

[->Lazarus] 12:54 pm: Obviously if hes available

[Lazarus] 12:54 pm: a 19 will get you there with 12 hours to spare

[monster87] 12:54 pm: can we both roll and take the highest?

[Lazarus] 12:54 pm: not a complex action, but no born behind wheel

[] 12:55 pm: *Zack smiles* "Forget about it captain.. I was thinking this other woman we met a little while ago."

[] 12:55 pm: Spend every pp you have

[] 12:55 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8+d4)

[] 12:55 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d8 (5)+ 1d4 (1) = 12

 

[Lazarus] 12:55 pm: indeed that is known as indirect asistance

[] 12:55 pm: (whew

[Lazarus] 12:55 pm: both roll take highest

[monster87] 12:55 pm: well I'll roll with 4 pp

[monster87] 12:55 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6+1d8)

[monster87] 12:55 pm:

-> 1d12 (1)+ 1d6 (5)+ 1d8 (6) = 12

 

[monster87] 12:55 pm: lol..

[monster87] 12:55 pm: reroll

[] 12:55 pm: Really...

[monster87] 12:55 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6+1d8)

[monster87] 12:55 pm:

-> 1d12 (5)+ 1d6 (5)+ 1d8 (4) = 14

 

[monster87] 12:55 pm: god +1 pp to make it 15

[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: ok, you don't know this, but you'll arrive in six hours

[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: with six hours

[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: anhour would be cutting it way too close

[monster87] 12:56 pm: Pff I think we nailed it Alex

[monster87] 12:56 pm: * yawns *

[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: you input the course and lift

[Lazarus] 12:57 pm: firing up the pulse drive and hit hard burn

[] 12:57 pm: I want Tiny to be ready to get into his derringer

[monster87->Lazarus] 12:57 pm: ill take astrogation at the end of this session to d8

[Lazarus->monster87] 12:58 pm: ok

[] 12:58 pm: *Zack, after drinking way too much coffee, is completely unable to sleep.*

[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: Everyone gets 3 plot points for scaring off the goons and another for avoiding kidnapping

[monster87->Lazarus] 12:58 pm: did you know I already spent 28 XP on piloting alone since we started xD?

[Lazarus] 12:59 pm: you are looking at a trip of roughly 20 hours at hard burn

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: Blydden has left at 12:59 pm+

[Lazarus] 1:00 pm: Everyone roll int+perception

[] 1:00 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)

[] 1:00 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (1) = 9

 

[] 1:00 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+6)

[] 1:00 pm:

-> 1d10 (8)+ 6 (6) = 14

 

[monster87] 1:00 pm: * to Alex * "Did you get enough rest to fly? I could do the start of the trip for you, so you can get some sleep

[monster87] 1:00 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12)

[monster87] 1:00 pm:

-> 1d12 (3)

 

[] 1:00 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)

[] 1:00 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d6 (3) = 8

 

[] 1:01 pm: Well aced my int at least lol

[] 1:01 pm: woops

[] 1:01 pm: let me roll that again

[monster87] 1:01 pm: easy to get high scores if you add +6

[] 1:01 pm: Your not playing dnd z stop rolling +6

[] 1:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)

[] 1:01 pm:

-> 1d10 (10)+ 1d6 (1) = 11

 

[] 1:01 pm: Reroll the d6

[] 1:01 pm: lol

[Lazarus] 1:02 pm: You realize that for a ship running a completely illegal slaving and murder ring is not going to just let you dock without a cover story. You have as long as it takes to reach the ship to come up with something, but you do have to sleep at some point as it is now 0300

[monster87] 1:03 pm: "cmon Alex, I'm the youngest, I can take the lack of sleep best. You just go to sleep"

[] 1:03 pm: (Zack will sleep... When the caffeine wears out)

[monster87] 1:03 pm: Zack'll keep me company as long as he's awake xD

[] 1:04 pm: What would a good cover story be

[] 1:04 pm: " ok Booms, what about a 'medical emergency' landing story?

[] 1:05 pm: We know about the Ripper,Meat,The Circuit,

[] 1:05 pm: *Zack goes to find the others.*

[monster87] 1:05 pm: What about that episode where life support is down xD If we just pretend we're in a real shit they might try to take advantage, but it'll turn out to be an ambush instead :)

[monster87] 1:05 pm: I can even try to hack our system, fake some kind of blackout

[] 1:05 pm: Oh that might work

[] 1:05 pm: "A medical ship with no power

[] 1:06 pm: "multiple Patients in danger"

[] 1:06 pm: "You could do that."

[] 1:06 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)

[] 1:06 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d8 (4) = 12

 

[->Lazarus] 1:06 pm: Im using my intuition to try and find the best plan lol

[monster87] 1:06 pm: They'll probably come in not to rescue patients, but mostly to capture them to use for their show

[] 1:07 pm: Aye their slavers after all

[] 1:07 pm: "Well, in any case they would come."

[] 1:07 pm: "We could make you guys the patients, you can pretend to be sick."

[] 1:07 pm: Let's hope we can give them a surprise, this time.

[] 1:08 pm: We could rig the ships ports with flashbangs as they try to breach

[] 1:09 pm: And use the makeshift metal covers i made to breach their ship

[] 1:09 pm: Laz you here ?

[Lazarus] 1:09 pm: I am

[] 1:10 pm: Now what ?

[] 1:10 pm: *Frank goes to make sre his medical case is fully stocked, with plenty of spare supplies*

[Lazarus->monster87] 1:10 pm: no, but you can never have too many pilots or engineers

[Lazarus->] 1:10 pm: ok

[->Lazarus] 1:10 pm: I already rolled a 12

[] 1:10 pm: "I hope the medical crew wont mind being boarded"

[] 1:11 pm: (afk a bit...

[->Lazarus] 1:11 pm: If i need more tell me i will use plot points

[Lazarus->] 1:11 pm: you get the feeling that they ship tries to remain as low key as possible

[monster87->Lazarus] 1:11 pm: I'm surprised every time that Boomer owns almost anything except fighting and alertness xD

[Lazarus->] 1:11 pm: actually TAKING slaves is something they leave toothers

[->Lazarus] 1:11 pm: Ah so they would not go for that

[] 1:11 pm: "I can explain things to them, Zack"

[] 1:11 pm: "This isnt what they signed up for... Although, it isnt really what I signed up for either."

[] 1:11 pm: Nor me. . .

[] 1:11 pm: "Yeah, you do that."

[->Lazarus] 1:12 pm: And i doubt they would accept any Toothers docking middle of space for no reason

[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: "Hopefully, some of them can fight better than the doctors. Maye one of the nurses."

[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: you can roll int+covert

[] 1:12 pm: I dont think this plan will work they are trying to stay as low key as possible

[] 1:13 pm: We need some way to access their ship they wont dock with ours even if they could take slaves

[->Lazarus] 1:13 pm: Well the roll was for all the plans what about the medical emergency ?

[->Lazarus] 1:13 pm: Unless you want me to roll seperately

[->Lazarus] 1:13 pm: I was just trying to figure out which was the best one

[] 1:13 pm: "Well, if your able to come up with something like that... Well that would be great."

[] 1:14 pm: "I'm not really itching for another fight you know."

[->Lazarus] 1:14 pm: What if we use our own Fame from being a medical ship

[] 1:15 pm: Zack peoples lives are at stake

[] 1:15 pm: Not just ours

[] 1:15 pm: We have a job to help the less fortunate of the verse you dont want that kid to have to be raised alone on a ship do ya

[] 1:16 pm: If theres only a little hope we need to grab it.

[] 1:16 pm: ".. Oh yeah, that kid."

[Lazarus->] 1:16 pm: well the red cross express may be a big deal on beaumonde, but it's unlikely to be known out here

[Lazarus] 1:16 pm: You can all roll Int+ Covert

[] 1:16 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8)

[] 1:16 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)

 

[] 1:17 pm: Esh

[] 1:17 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8)

[] 1:17 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)

 

[] 1:17 pm: Im guessing the int covert is to find a plan

[] 1:17 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)

[] 1:17 pm:

-> 1d10 (5)+ 1d6 (5) = 10

 

[] 1:18 pm: Boomer

[] 1:18 pm: Roll

[] 1:18 pm: Alex

[] 1:18 pm: alex is afk

[] 1:18 pm: (only int for me

[] 1:18 pm: (Boomer to it seems)

[] 1:18 pm: oh

[] 1:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)

[] 1:18 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)

 

[monster87] 1:18 pm: soryr i was afk

[] 1:18 pm: Boomer

[monster87] 1:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6)

[monster87] 1:18 pm:

-> 1d12 (8)+ 1d6 (5) = 13

 

[Lazarus->monster87] 1:19 pm: You can think of a couple ways to board the other ship

[Lazarus->monster87] 1:20 pm: You can try acting as gamblers betting on the matches

[Lazarus->monster87] 1:20 pm: you can have someone take on the roll of a Pit Fighter

[Lazarus->monster87] 1:20 pm: or you can try a covert approach

[monster87] 1:20 pm: "Well perhaps we could pretend to be gamblers, or even a Pit Fighter. Or we could try a more covert, stealthy approach and sneak about"

[Lazarus->monster87] 1:21 pm: butyou realize a covert approach is going to be EXTREMELY difficult

[monster87] 1:21 pm: "Of course the latter would be extremely difficult, especially since none of you can really sneak around"

[] 1:22 pm: "Oh, how ironic."

[] 1:22 pm: We dont have the coin to process through to be gamblers i would think they would need some proof of our cash

[] 1:22 pm: None of us are going to pass as Pit Fighters, 'cept maybe Luke

[monster87] 1:22 pm: "So I figure the best way to get close is to get in as a party of gamblers. And Jo can be Pit Fighter if she wants to ;)

[] 1:23 pm: Aye

[monster87] 1:23 pm: don't we have enough cash together?

[] 1:23 pm: I dont know how much money we would need

[] 1:23 pm: "Where is the gambler Dandy, or the bullheaded browncoat when you need them?"

[monster87] 1:23 pm: I got 114 credits, that's something right?

[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: (jo might be able to swing it as a pit fighter)

[] 1:23 pm: I could pit fight as well

[monster87] 1:23 pm: not a tactical place for a captain

[monster87] 1:24 pm: you'd better be the gambler or something

[] 1:24 pm: No but im built for it

[] 1:24 pm: And they dont know im the captain

[monster87] 1:24 pm: I could be your pretty young wife ;)

[monster87] 1:24 pm: just for shows o'course

[] 1:24 pm: I asked The fox for assistance but i dont know if he will make it in time

[monster87] 1:24 pm: I could wear the dress again we got from going to that party

[] 1:25 pm: That ya could

[monster87] 1:25 pm: actually those fancy clothes will come a big while to get us established as having coin

[] 1:25 pm: But the thing is

[] 1:25 pm: Were only saying this to get on board

[] 1:25 pm: "You sure like to play pretend dont you boomer?"

[] 1:26 pm: Once were on board all hell is going to break lose

[] 1:26 pm: We aint there to talk nice booms

[monster87] 1:26 pm: "I like games :)"

[monster87] 1:26 pm: If we get trusted a bit first the surprise will be better

[monster87] 1:26 pm: And we might be able to get somewhere forbidden easier

[] 1:26 pm: Weapons would not be allowed im sure

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: Deathlotus has left at 1:26 pm+

[monster87] 1:27 pm: obviously

[->Lazarus] 1:27 pm: Can i just get this straight

[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: (However, the ship is unlikely to have nutech scanners)

[->Lazarus] 1:27 pm: Are we pretending to be Pit fighters/gamblers for real or are we doing this just to get a lock and get them to open up

[monster87] 1:27 pm: but we might sneak in a few

[->Lazarus] 1:27 pm: So we can go in guns blazing

[] 1:27 pm: Laz like you said

[] 1:28 pm: NONE of us have covert

[monster87] 1:28 pm: and believe it or not, I don't expect they'll think we're there for rescue if we make a good first impression

[monster87] 1:28 pm: I have covert

[] 1:28 pm: I do too...

[] 1:28 pm: Yes but yo ucan only sneak so many weapons onboard

[] 1:28 pm: a d6

[] 1:28 pm: And if you fail

[] 1:28 pm: Frank isn't going to carry a weapon

[monster87] 1:29 pm: zack and me together can come some way and you can have weapons with you as long as you drop them off at the exit, and if you let us go first and all hell breaks loose, you'll have your weapon with you still

[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: hmm, I'm noticing that you HAVE XP out the pi gu!

[monster87] 1:29 pm: (exit=entrance)

[] 1:29 pm: (Me?)

[monster87] 1:29 pm: who?

[] 1:29 pm: I dont have Exp out the pi gu

[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: you have enough to buy covert at d4

[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: zack has got over 40

[] 1:30 pm: Sorry laz not convinced

[] 1:30 pm: My Shit rolls

[] 1:30 pm: And covert

[] 1:30 pm: Dont mix

[] 1:30 pm: (I could buy like a d12 with my points.)

[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: ok

[] 1:30 pm: This is out of game context obviously but really

[] 1:30 pm: Thats like suggesting i fly the boat all the time

[] 1:31 pm: We would have crashed a long time ago

[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: (Your plan is your plan, but I'm just saying this adventure is not easy)

[monster87] 1:31 pm: lol

[] 1:31 pm: We know the specs how many people could we estimate they have

[] 1:31 pm: On that boat

[] 1:31 pm: ( folks I need to bail early today, got storm inbound and I gotta get some yardwork done before it hits else the Mrs. gonna kill me

[] 1:31 pm: A total basically that it can house for crew

[] 1:31 pm: Okay SJ

[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: (later)

[monster87] 1:32 pm: "ok Alex, good luck with that"

[] 1:32 pm: (cya and thx for great session! )

[] 1:32 pm: Its hard to make a plan when you know fuck all about what you are getting into im assuming these assholes are all ruthless slavers with guns

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: has left at 1:32 pm+

[] 1:32 pm: "Well, getting in there would grant us alot more info."

[monster87] 1:33 pm: I still say it's easier to get amongst them first, we can always start shooting later, but it has a higher rate of success if we start with the right people

[monster87] 1:33 pm: and what Zack says

[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: The odyssy had crew space for 100

[] 1:33 pm: Great.

[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: passenger space for 70 more

[] 1:33 pm: Gamblers and Pit fighter it is i assume we can add our own pit fighter to the ring

[] 1:34 pm: Boomer i want you to hide as many flash grenades as you can where you can

[] 1:34 pm: "We're sending in both?"

[] 1:34 pm: More believable if we have both

[] 1:34 pm: Were gambling on our own pitfighter

[] 1:34 pm: Obviously

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: loudriver23 has left at 1:35 pm+

[] 1:35 pm: "So who will be who then?"

[] 1:35 pm: Im going to hide my gun when we enter

[] 1:35 pm: If laz allows it i will take d4 covert

[] 1:35 pm: To be all sneaky like

[monster87] 1:36 pm: Maybe I can even sneak an SMG onboard.. that would go a long way in evening the odds

[] 1:36 pm: You can take care of that booms your the sneaky one give it back to Luke once we are inside

[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: you can spend Xp at the end of this session

[] 1:37 pm: Okay we have a plan

[] 1:37 pm: Now lets initiate it

[] 1:37 pm: "Oh.. so we are all gamblers then?"

[] 1:37 pm: no

[] 1:37 pm: "Except you?"

[monster87] 1:37 pm: so Jo will be pitfighter, we can be one party of gamblers with one of us (captain?) being the big chief. I can be his young wife and others that come can be our retinue?

[Lazarus->] 1:37 pm: that is rather up to you

[monster87] 1:38 pm: bodyguards and the like

[->Lazarus] 1:38 pm: Im just stumped at what to do we cant fight 100 people

[monster87] 1:38 pm: like a proper maffia boss has

[->Lazarus] 1:38 pm: I know thats max but still

[monster87] 1:38 pm: I'm going to enjoy this :)

[Lazarus->] 1:38 pm: however you have to figure on a ship the size of a space liner, getting to the prisoners is not going to be easy

[monster87] 1:38 pm: or maybe Zack can be the 'boss', or who is a smooth talker here?

[] 1:38 pm: "Ha, I better stay onboard in that case. I dont think a guy like me would pass for a bodyguard."

[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: given the nature of the matches and the likely clientele, bodyguards are probably common

[->Lazarus] 1:38 pm: Okay im asking you

[->Lazarus] 1:39 pm: Stealth or Full out Attack

[monster87] 1:39 pm: in which case Jo could also be one of the bodyguards, makes more sense to stick together maybe?

[Lazarus->] 1:39 pm: roll int +perception tactics if you have it

[->Lazarus] 1:39 pm: Stealth is always the better part of tact

[] 1:39 pm: "Unless you want to be Captain's personal physician, Zach?"

[] 1:39 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6+1d4)

[] 1:39 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (3)+ 1d4 (1) = 9

 

[->Lazarus] 1:39 pm: I used 2 plot points for it

[] 1:39 pm: "Me? How about you?"

[monster87] 1:40 pm: you know we could also turn it around. I could be the boss, a daughter of some really powerful boss, and Zack can be my husband. Captain can more easily go for bodyguard

[Lazarus->] 1:40 pm: given there are so few of you and you don't know the internal layout of the ship since it was a liner, storming the ship guns blazing seems like a very bad idea

[->Lazarus] 1:40 pm: I could Roll discipline and tactics as well

[] 1:40 pm: "All right, Zack. If you insist."

[->Lazarus] 1:40 pm: Okay Stealth it is then

[->Lazarus] 1:40 pm: Would you recommend me going in as a Pit fighter or as a gambler

[->Lazarus] 1:41 pm: If i went in as a Pit fighter at least i would recognize laura and we could plot our escape together

[Lazarus->] 1:41 pm: that is really going to be a personal choice. either could work

[->Lazarus] 1:41 pm: Im going as a pit fighter

[] 1:41 pm: "Well, its not really up to me now is it?"

[->Lazarus] 1:41 pm: I dont think my Iskellian Emblem on my suit would work

[->Lazarus] 1:41 pm: For me being a gambler

[monster87] 1:42 pm: We could think of jobs that any of you could do. What about someone who tastes the food looking for poison?

[] 1:42 pm: Alright its Decided

[Lazarus->] 1:42 pm: you do have performance

[] 1:42 pm: Im going in as a Pit Fighter

[->Lazarus] 1:42 pm: I do what about it ?

[monster87] 1:42 pm: Or some mystery advisor

[Lazarus->] 1:42 pm: peformance covers acting

[monster87] 1:42 pm: Why captain? Shouldn't you stick with the group. I think we'll be stronger as a group?

[->Lazarus] 1:42 pm: Acting as a gambler you mean ?

[Lazarus->] 1:43 pm: that is one option or role

[] 1:43 pm: "Jo does have the.... hmm."

[monster87] 1:43 pm: we don't need a pit fighter

[] 1:43 pm: "appearance of a veteran fighter"

[monster87] 1:43 pm: we can be one group

[] 1:43 pm: "If we decide to have one."

[->Lazarus] 1:43 pm: Can we have two pit fighters or just one

[->Lazarus] 1:44 pm: Its just im so afraid of fucking up the acting and causing a TPK

[Lazarus->] 1:44 pm: youhave no way of knowing

[->Lazarus] 1:45 pm: Fuck it if they used me as a pit Fighter they could also add i am an Iskellian

[->Lazarus] 1:45 pm: That way i can take up brawling

[->Lazarus] 1:45 pm: d10

[->Lazarus] 1:45 pm: Im a tough guy i can take a few hits i think im best suited for it

[Lazarus->] 1:45 pm: sometimes you have to play the cards you've been given

[Lazarus->] 1:45 pm: this isn't a venue where big names are going to be well known

[->Lazarus] 1:46 pm: I know its a bad idea for the captian to leave the group because they need guidance

[->Lazarus] 1:46 pm: But i cant send Jo in there if i dont know if she can play or not

[Lazarus->] 1:47 pm: she said she'd be in the next session

[Lazarus->] 1:47 pm: and I told her about no game next week

[] 1:48 pm: Booms

[] 1:48 pm: We will need smoke grenades

[monster87] 1:48 pm: I have some

[] 1:48 pm: To cover our escape

[] 1:48 pm: And flashbangs if you can smuggle the Smg inside thats also good

[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: The Fire Angel powers through space, oblivious to the turmoil aboard her. All she knows is where she's supposed to be and when. The what and the why are beyond her computer's programming

[monster87] 1:49 pm: I also have Gas nades, but I guess we don't have enough gas masks to really use htem

[monster87] 1:49 pm: effectively

[] 1:49 pm: We do booms

[] 1:49 pm: I bought gass masks for this occasion

[] 1:49 pm: *An idea pops into johns head*

[monster87] 1:49 pm: well it's a more direct approach to come aboard

[monster87] 1:49 pm: but a bit more violent and less funny as well

[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: You do know you've got time to think about and refine your plan as the Fire Angel races to meet where the OddEasy is supposed to be

[] 1:50 pm: I know what we can do

[] 1:50 pm: We leave some of the crew behind in the ship we pose as gamblers and use Jo as our pitfighter

[] 1:51 pm: Boomer poses as my wife and Luke as my bodyguard

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: cplmac has left at 1:51 pm+

[] 1:51 pm: We arm the rest of the crew and tell em to secure the entrance once we have gotten the prisoners

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: Dylancd has left at 1:51 pm+

[] 1:51 pm: Once we are close enough to save em

[] 1:51 pm: "What about Zack and I, Captain?" frank asks

[] 1:52 pm: *Hmm the captain ponders*

[] 1:52 pm: You or Zack can pose as my wifes physician.

[] 1:53 pm: One of you stays behind here with Alex and prepares the ship to take the Oddeasys entrance

[] 1:53 pm: Boomer can give Alex a flash or a smoke grenade or even a gass grenade to knock them out as soon as we initiate our plan

[monster87] 1:53 pm: can't Frank pose as a mysterious advisor and Zack as your personal doctor?

[] 1:53 pm: "I'll be the physician, then, Captain."

[->Lazarus] 1:53 pm: The plan is in motion

[monster87] 1:53 pm: or the other way around?

[] 1:54 pm: Better if he is a Physician Booms because you have a health problem

[monster87] 1:54 pm: more likely you have a health problem xD

[monster87] 1:54 pm: but whatever

[Lazarus->] 1:54 pm: "I love it when a plan comes together."

[monster87] 1:54 pm: I have 5 gas granades, 7 smokes, 4 concussion and 8 flash, what do you need?

[monster87] 1:55 pm: and some more potent explosions.. but you always tell me not to use them aboard ships

[monster87] 1:55 pm: but it could put them dead in the water if I want to

[] 1:55 pm: Only if we can plant it in their engineering room

[monster87] 1:55 pm: I could maybe even smuggle something aboard and plant some in their engine room

[monster87] 1:55 pm: yeah exactly

[] 1:55 pm: "Well, it seems I'll be staying back this time. Of all occasions."

[] 1:56 pm: But i want some people on the ship ready to fight and take the Oddeaseys entrance where we dock

[monster87->Lazarus] 1:56 pm: what kind of explosions can kill their engine? mag plast?

[] 1:56 pm: You can gass em so they wont know what happened

[] 1:56 pm: And use the gass masks on the ship

[->Lazarus] 1:56 pm: I actualy think this plan might have something to it for once

[Lazarus] 1:57 pm: The grimness of the task before you striles all of you and you share a band of comrades moment. You know you will succeed, because failure is not an option. The only thing you don't know, is the final cost of your action. And at this moment, only Fate can answer that question and she doesn't seem to be in a talkative mood.

[] 1:57 pm: "As you say captain, if you dont mind, I think the caffeine has worn off some. I think I'll get some sleep."

[Lazarus->monster87] 1:57 pm: and a lot of it

[Lazarus->monster87] 1:57 pm: but as an engineer, you can find weak points

[] 1:57 pm: Lets get cracking

[Lazarus->] 1:57 pm: we will see, what we will see.

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: Sweeper has left at 1:57 pm+

[] 1:57 pm: *Takes shifts with Alex or Luke on the ship gets some rest til we get there the plan has been made*

[monster87->Lazarus] 1:58 pm: I've got 3.. and some lesser explosives. I also have my own set of chemist tools and know how to use them (as I'm a graduated chemist)

[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: FADE TO BLACK

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: spidey has left at 1:58 pm+

[] 1:58 pm: Save the log

[monster87->Lazarus] 1:58 pm: I could doctor something easily carriable, not recognizable and destroy that which matters most and isn't repairable

[] 1:58 pm: im doing it now :p

[] 1:58 pm: Well, thats it then.

[] 1:58 pm: So it is

[] 1:58 pm: I guess we'll see what happens in 14 days.

[Lazarus->monster87] 1:58 pm: thing is, less is more in this case. more is too difficult to sneak aboard

[monster87] 1:59 pm: Next session will be a lot of fun :) Too bad we'll have to wait 2 weeks

[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: Yes, I am sorry about the delay

[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: but this job pays crazy money

[monster87->Lazarus] 1:59 pm: yep I'll have to makedo with what I can take and have.

[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: I'm actually surprised to still be in contention for the position

[monster87] 1:59 pm: and we can't change the day|??

[Lazarus] 2:00 pm: ok, this was more of a bridge session so, I'm going to go with just two XP, but those of you in excess of 6 plot points can convert

[] 2:00 pm: Bah give us 3 for the roleplay ! lol

[] 2:00 pm: Would bring me up to 10 haha

[] 2:01 pm: No !

[] 2:01 pm: Wait im already at 10

[] 2:01 pm: Thanks, Lazarus

[] 2:01 pm: My bad

[Lazarus] 2:01 pm: I could change days, but it never seems like all of you can find one day that works other than Wednesday

[] 2:01 pm: Thanks for the game anyway laz

[] 2:01 pm: Thanks laz

[Lazarus] 2:01 pm: you are welcome and thank you

[] 2:01 pm: Well it worked on Tuesdays until monster could not

[] 2:01 pm: Well, most days work for me.

[] 2:01 pm: Thursdays is good for me to

[] 2:01 pm: and Fridays and mondays

[Lazarus] 2:02 pm: Ok, minor spoiler, rescuing these people will not be easy.

[Lazarus] 2:02 pm: Sometimes you got to expect loses

[Lazarus] 2:02 pm: it's a good thing you have a full medical suite and two doctors

[monster87] 2:02 pm: tuesday is indeed impossible for me. But monday or friday I can do

[] 2:03 pm: What about Thursday

[Lazarus] 2:03 pm: I can do monday

[] 2:03 pm: me too

[] 2:03 pm: The only day I couldn't do is Tuesday

[Lazarus] 2:03 pm: Friday works

[Lazarus] 2:03 pm: I can't do tue-wed-thur next week

[] 2:03 pm: How much Exp am i on now

[Lazarus] 2:03 pm: too much stuff going on

[] 2:04 pm: According to your list Laz

[] 2:04 pm: Im up for Monday

[] 2:04 pm: As i said any day

[Lazarus] 2:04 pm: I have you at 10 gabel

[] 2:04 pm: monday it is then?

[] 2:04 pm: Yeah correct

[monster87] 2:04 pm: monday and friday, both ok, so monday is ok

[] 2:04 pm: Monday? Okay

[Lazarus] 2:04 pm: ok, monday works

[Lazarus] 2:04 pm: I'll have to check with star, mick, and red

[] 2:05 pm: Well lets say Monday then !

[] 2:05 pm: Until the others and see if it works

[Lazarus] 2:05 pm: you ever going to use your XP Z? you have 46

[] 2:05 pm: I donno

[] 2:05 pm: Okay. I'm hopping back into General Chat 4 a bit

[] 2:06 pm: I'm not sure what to use em on.

[Lazarus] 2:06 pm: improving skills

[Lazarus] 2:06 pm: like dodge

[Lazarus] 2:06 pm: guns

[Lazarus] 2:06 pm: covert

[Lazarus] 2:06 pm: streetwise

[Lazarus] 2:06 pm: persuasion

[Lazarus] 2:06 pm: you know the skills that keep you alive

[] 2:07 pm: Well, we have a guy for most of those already :P

[Lazarus] 2:07 pm: you can buy assets

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: has left at 2:07 pm+

[] 2:07 pm: I could just raise my int to 12 and just get rid of them

[Lazarus] 2:07 pm: yeah, but how much fun is it when you've got a guy in your face and the other guy isn't around?

[] 2:07 pm: thats like 40 points aint it?

[Lazarus] 2:07 pm: 48

[monster87] 2:07 pm: and I already have 12 int :P

[Lazarus] 2:08 pm: you guys got lucky the streetpunks were just that, streetpunks

[monster87] 2:08 pm: yeah our fighting sux. You could buy off your non-fightin and get some serious skills in that

[] 2:08 pm: Yeah, but int is a modifier for most of the things I'm any good for.

[Lazarus] 2:08 pm: if they had weapons or more backbone, you guys would have been in serious trouble

[] 2:09 pm: dont have non-fighting monster

[Serenity From the Ashes: Session 27: The Circuit]: deaconabyss has left at 2:09 pm+

[] 2:09 pm: that was duster.

[Lazarus] 2:09 pm: however Z, you are extremely weak in fighting and the adventures only get tougher

[->Lazarus] 2:09 pm: I do what you said

[->Lazarus] 2:09 pm: take covert

[->Lazarus] 2:09 pm: i guess i learned from boomer

[] 2:09 pm: Yeah...

[Lazarus] 2:09 pm: you guys are no longer greenhorn level PCs

[Lazarus->] 2:09 pm: what did she say?

[->Lazarus] 2:10 pm: What

[] 2:10 pm: But to tell you the truth, I've actually considered making a new character allthogether.

[->Lazarus] 2:10 pm: No i mean like i learned how to be sneaky from boomer

[->Lazarus] 2:10 pm: for it to make sense

[Lazarus->] 2:10 pm: ok, I'll log covert d4 and that you have 4 XP left

[->Lazarus] 2:10 pm: Tbh laz i have to ask you

[] 2:10 pm: Havent decided yet though.

[->Lazarus] 2:10 pm: Maybe i should put it into persuasion i dont have that yet either or a D10 in something

[->Lazarus] 2:11 pm: Its not like my good name will do any good in persuading people to let us in their boat

[Lazarus->] 2:11 pm: all I can say is both skills would be useful in the next scene

[Lazarus] 2:11 pm: ah, well, up to you