Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 9:09 am+
[Lazarus] 9:09 am: Welcome to P&PG Chat.
[General Chatter]: TheMagicalMick has entered at 9:11 am+
[General Chatter]: EpicSpire has entered at 9:37 am+
[Lazarus] 9:57 am: I created room "Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26"
[General Chatter]: TheMagicalMick has left at 9:57 am+
Welcome! You have entered [Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26] at 9:57 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: has entered at 9:58 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: has entered at 9:58 am+
[] 9:59 am: Has anybody said they couldnt make it?
[Lazarus] 10:00 am: just heard from Red, she will not be in
[] 10:00 am: k
[Lazarus] 10:00 am: I sent the reminder on Monday and then the thing about possibly having to cut the session short yesterday
[] 10:00 am: Rein is not on skype
[] 10:01 am: Not gud
[] 10:01 am: 3 players of 8
[] 10:01 am: and its time already :P
[Lazarus] 10:01 am: 3 out of 7, not much better
[] 10:01 am: Oh, true
[TheMagicalMick] 10:02 am: Psh, we don't need no stinking numbers.
[] 10:02 am: Yeah, we need people
[] 10:02 am: we have one more people
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: starjunky has entered at 10:02 am+
[TheMagicalMick] 10:02 am: Gabel is about to turn Rambo over a woman.. and I will just shoot shit from the sky to cover him while he runs around with absurd ordinance.
[starjunky] 10:03 am: hey folks
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: The annoying part is there was no earthly reason my wife had to leave on wednesday last wekk. Just stupid family nonesense
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: hi star
[] 10:03 am: Wasnt there a death?
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: well we have a quorum now
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: yes Z, but you know how families are
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: EpicSpire has left at 10:04 am+
[] 10:04 am: Um, no in this case I dont get it
[Lazarus] 10:04 am: wife wanted to spend time with her sister and not be trapped with her buzzkill dad, so she lied and said she flew in on thrusday when she flew in on wednesday
[] 10:05 am: ah
[Lazarus] 10:05 am: if her dad had been cool, she could have flown in on thursday
[Lazarus] 10:05 am: no idea what's up with monster or duster
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: guess we can start
[] 10:06 am: Guess so
[Lazarus] 10:07 am: Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 26 GM- Lazarus. Players Gabel, Zeenix, starjunky, and TheMagicalMIck. MIA monster87 and Dusterboy. Accounted for: redwolffclaw
[Lazarus] 10:08 am: Last session the group was on Beylix on the first leg of the Red Cross Express
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: Dusterboy has entered at 10:08 am+
[Dusterboy] 10:08 am: Hi Sorry I'm late
[TheMagicalMick] 10:09 am: (You just missed it, your doctor's head exploded.)
[TheMagicalMick] 10:09 am: (Mini-mine planted into an apple.)
[Dusterboy] 10:09 am: Damn. Time to do a new PC then :(
[Lazarus] 10:11 am: an odd wave for John came in and he ordered an immediate hard burn for Whittier and didn't explain why
[Lazarus] 10:11 am: You arrived over a small ranch that had obviously seen signs of a deadly fight
[Dusterboy] 10:11 am: And know we're all agog for an explanation
[Lazarus] 10:11 am: blood pools and five bodies
[Lazarus] 10:12 am: spent cases shows the ranchers put up a fight
[Lazarus] 10:12 am: and that is when we faded to black
[Lazarus] 10:13 am: this session opens with a close up of the grim expression on John's face
[] 10:13 am: *Zack fell asleep on one of the beds in the infirmary*
[Dusterboy] 10:14 am: Frank was co-ordinating with deng about setting up a hospital
[] 10:14 am: John drops to his knees near the body of one of the men *Shaking his head in dismay* What in the gorram hell happened here *Yells out to the ship* Docs GET OUT HERE.
[Dusterboy] 10:14 am: I come running, medcase in hand
[->Lazarus] 10:15 am: I dont know if i asked or not but i check on Laura's brother to see if he is dead
[Lazarus] 10:16 am: in the derringer, Tiny loops around, but does not see any signs of life other than the crew and the animals of the farm
[Lazarus->] 10:16 am: it is very clear, he is very dead
[->Lazarus] 10:16 am: (Ah yeah they were all dead)
[Lazarus] 10:17 am: Frank arrives at the prone figure, but doesn't even open his case as he can see the man is dead
[] 10:17 am: Im going to look around try and figure out what happened here (There any houses ?)
[Dusterboy] 10:18 am: I turn to the captain. "I'm sorry, Captain, but he's gone."
[] 10:18 am: *Punches the ground as hard as he can* *Does not say anything*
[TheMagicalMick] 10:18 am: "Don't see anyone else moving down there besides you all and the animals, John." He'll continue to make slow loops around the sky, making small variances in his flight path each time.
[Lazarus] 10:18 am: The ranch has three small houses, a barn, and a couple sheds
[] 10:19 am: *On coms* Roger that....
[Dusterboy] 10:19 am: "Shall I go with you, Captain?"
[Lazarus] 10:19 am: everyone that is outside, roll alertness+perception
[] 10:19 am: *Looks over at duster* Stick close
[] 10:19 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 10:19 am:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d8 (4) = 12


[] 10:19 am: er
[] 10:19 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6)
[] 10:19 am:

-> 1d6 (3)


[Dusterboy] 10:19 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Dusterboy] 10:19 am:

-> 1d6 (2)


[] 10:19 am: 11 not 12
[Lazarus->] 10:20 am: as you start your search, you detect the faintest of movement in a wooden crate near one of the houses
[Dusterboy] 10:20 am: *oh, rats*
[TheMagicalMick] 10:20 am: (Sight?)
[Lazarus] 10:20 am: no chance in the fighter
[] 10:21 am: *Says calmly* If theres anyone there come out we aint out to hurt ya
[TheMagicalMick] 10:21 am: (Alright.)
[Lazarus->] 10:21 am: no reaction
[] 10:21 am: *Moves closer*
[->Lazarus] 10:21 am: I move closer
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: ak47 has left at 10:22 am+
[Dusterboy] 10:22 am: "Hallo? Is anyone there? I'm a doctor."
[Lazarus->] 10:22 am: ok, the crate is 1x1.5x1 meters
[->Lazarus] 10:22 am: So i have to lift the crate ?
[Lazarus->] 10:22 am: you can if you like, no roll is needed
[->Lazarus] 10:22 am: Okay i lift it
[->Lazarus] 10:22 am: Before i do
[->Lazarus] 10:23 am: I just calmly say Im going to lift the box please dont be scared
[Lazarus->] 10:23 am: ok
[->Lazarus] 10:23 am: (Find out theres a fucking rat there)
[->Lazarus] 10:23 am: (lol)
[Lazarus->] 10:23 am: you lift the crate
[Lazarus] 10:24 am: when John lifts the crate...
[Lazarus] 10:24 am: Inside is a terrified young boy of perhaps eight years old and on seeing you he breaks into uncontrolled sobs.
[] 10:24 am: Hey boy its okay *holsters his weapon*
[] 10:24 am: The bad men are gone.
[Dusterboy] 10:25 am: *tries to reassure the boy* "We're here to help. Are you injured? My name is Frank. I'm a doctor."
[Lazarus] 10:25 am: he's still completely terified, you'll have to try int + persuasion
[Dusterboy] 10:26 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d8)
[Dusterboy] 10:26 am:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d8 (5) = 12


[Lazarus] 10:26 am: He clings to the Frank and shivers
[Lazarus] 10:26 am: “Uncle Frank got hurt so Laura could talk on the Cortex. Bad men then took mama and papa away and now the cows need tendin’ real bad.”
[Dusterboy] 10:27 am: "Let's take him back to the ship, Captain. I can examine him in the infirmary."
[] 10:27 am: Do it now.
[Dusterboy] 10:28 am: "Absolutely"
[Lazarus] 10:28 am: He sniffles, but walks with Frank onto the ship
[Dusterboy] 10:28 am: "What's you name, boy?"
[->Lazarus] 10:28 am: Btw Willpower could be used in persuasion as well right not just intelligence right ?
[Lazarus] 10:29 am: "H-henry. Henry Yi"
[Lazarus->] 10:29 am: depends on the situation
[] 10:29 am: *Follows the kid and the doc*
[Dusterboy] 10:29 am: "Hello Henry. I'm pleased to meet you." *I offer him my hand*
[Lazarus] 10:29 am: john, roll int + craft
[Lazarus] 10:30 am: "N-Nice to m-meet you sir. Will you find Mama and Papa?"
[] 10:30 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[] 10:30 am:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d6 (5) = 6


[] 10:30 am: Im going to assume metal working could not be used there
[] 10:30 am: Famous low rolls inc :D
[Dusterboy] 10:30 am: *we're all rooting for you, Gabel" :D
[Lazarus] 10:30 am: you know the kid's right about having to do some preparations around the ranch
[] 10:31 am: Im going to ask the kid what needs doing and im also going to ask him where they took his mama and papa.
[] 10:32 am: Or generally where they took the rest of the people
[Dusterboy] 10:32 am: "We'll do our best, Henry. We surely will."
[Lazarus] 10:33 am: "The cows need milkin' anna shutters gotta be set, need to put out feed, all that kinda stuff."
[Dusterboy] 10:33 am: "Can you come with me to the infirmary so I can make sure you're all right?" I smile at him.
[] 10:33 am: *On coms* Come on down Tiny we got a survivor.
[Lazarus] 10:33 am: but when it comes to talking about the bad men, he gets quiet again
[Lazarus] 10:33 am: took 'em in a boat's all I know
[] 10:34 am: Once Frank here has checked you out we can help you set up the preparations if you wnt
[] 10:34 am: want*
[] 10:34 am: *Zack wakes up hearing something on the coms, but not hearing the whole thing he turns onto his side and continues to sleep*
[->Lazarus] 10:35 am: Im going to try use conversation with the kid while working with him helping him out to figure out what exactly happened
[Lazarus] 10:35 am: "Okay, Uncle Frank said I was good wid da cows."
[Lazarus->Dusterboy] 10:36 am: You check him out and he's fine. not a mark on him
[Dusterboy->Lazarus] 10:36 am: That's good
[Lazarus->] 10:36 am: ok
[Dusterboy->Lazarus] 10:36 am: I guess he's just terrrified
[Lazarus->Dusterboy] 10:37 am: and them some
[Dusterboy->Lazarus] 10:37 am: Poor kid :(
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 10:38 am: Can somebody land back in the storage container?
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: so what is everyone doing aside from zack who's catching up on his much needed beauty sleep
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 10:38 am: it takes some flying, but you can get in there
[] 10:38 am: *On coms* We got a survivor franks going to tend to his wounds im going to need a few hands to help with some of the work the kid mentioned.
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 10:38 am: target number is 11
[starjunky] 10:39 am: is manning hte helm and monitoring all wave traffic
[Lazarus] 10:39 am: Boomer arrives and she a bit weepy eye'd over the kid
[Lazarus] 10:39 am: Jo takes up a watch at the cargo ramp
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: Soft Serve has left at 10:39 am+
[Lazarus] 10:39 am: the medics kind of mill around unsure what do do
[Dusterboy] 10:40 am: "Physically, there's nothing wrong with him, Captain. He's just terrified."
[] 10:41 am: *Puts his gun over his shoulders* So kid you wanna show us where the cows are at so we can help ya tend to them.
[] 10:41 am: *Winks at Frank*
[Lazarus] 10:42 am: "Okay Mister. There's a lot of work, kinda like gettin' ready for winter."
[starjunky] 10:42 am: *Alex snickers a bit at the thought of the The Dandy wrangling cows :) *
[Dusterboy] 10:42 am: *gives a rueful shake of the head*
[TheMagicalMick] 10:42 am: "Alright, on my way.." Luke will then just land next to the ship, and hop out, still in his space flight suit. Strapped across his chest is a submachinegun. He'll then make his way over towards John with his limp.
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 10:42 am: Basic landing.
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 10:43 am: Figure otherwise I have to try to climb out of the container, and then climb back in if I need to fly again.
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 10:43 am: just landing won't take a roll
[Lazarus] 10:43 am: Boomer and Jo volunteer to help with the preparations
[Dusterboy->Lazarus] 10:43 am: I think I'm going to get my team to help with the chores. They can at least help with the lifting and carrying.
[Lazarus] 10:43 am: everyone who is outside roll alertness + perception and sight counts
[] 10:43 am: Well Show us what to do then i will be right behind ya *smiles*
[] 10:44 am: (Am i outside with the kid ?)
[Dusterboy] 10:44 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Dusterboy] 10:44 am:

-> 1d6 (4)


[Lazarus] 10:44 am: Henry leads the way to the stuff.
[] 10:44 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[] 10:44 am:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (3) = 9


[Lazarus] 10:45 am: As long as he's focused on taking care of the farm, he really seems to be ver mature for his age
[Lazarus] 10:45 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 10:45 am:

-> 2d6 (3,3 = 6)


[Lazarus->Dusterboy] 10:45 am: sure, it's not hard work and with that many hands, it won't take long
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 10:45 am: roll alertness+perception/sight
[] 10:46 am: So tell me more about your mama and papa Henry.
[TheMagicalMick] 10:46 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[TheMagicalMick] 10:46 am:

-> 2d10 (8,5 = 13)


[Lazarus] 10:47 am: Frank has the medical team help and with tha many hands, setting the farm up and tending the animals goes quickly
[->Lazarus] 10:47 am: Int or will with conversation ?
[->Lazarus] 10:47 am: Im just going to subtetly try to find out why and where they were taken
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 10:47 am: you find an odd casing among the spent rounds on the ranch. 41. caliber, which is not a caliber you've heard of
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: has left at 10:48 am+
[Dusterboy] 10:48 am: *good to know we can still do some good here.*
[->Lazarus] 10:48 am: Im also going to drop Lauras name in there see if she was also taken with them
[] 10:48 am: So Henry My names John by the way *Shakes his hand*
[Lazarus] 10:49 am: Henry goes very quiet when you mention his parents. "Nice to meet you Mister John. They work hard and are good farmers." Is about all you get out of him
[] 10:50 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d8)
[] 10:50 am:

-> 1d10 (8)+ 1d8 (4) = 12


[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: monster87 has entered at 10:50 am+
[TheMagicalMick] 10:50 am: "Hey John, check this out.." Luke crouches down slowly, but it's more like taking a knee. "Got something strange.." He picked up the strange casing with a nearby twig and slowly spun it around, trying to find any markings on it.
[] 10:50 am: I heard you mention Laura im an old friend of hers was she taken with your mama and papa.
[monster87] 10:50 am: sorry I'm late, time flew too fast
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: among the things you have to do as you move through the houses to set the shutters and turn off pumps and put generatrs in stand by mode
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: (ok rein)
[->Lazarus] 10:51 am: 12 (was for conversation)
[] 10:51 am: Whats that *Moves over to Luke*
[Lazarus] 10:51 am: "Yes, Miss Laura is a very nice lady, she kinda ran things. She fought the bad men real hard."
[Lazarus->] 10:52 am: ok
[] 10:52 am: Im sure she did *Touches his cheek* *sighs* *Smiles at the kid*
[Lazarus] 10:52 am: everyone please roll a d10
[] 10:52 am: Did you see what type of ship they flew off in or what direction
[] 10:52 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10)
[] 10:52 am:

-> 1d10 (9)


[Dusterboy] 10:52 am: "Henry, I know this is hard, but can you tell me what these bad men looked like?"
[] 10:52 am: (wow)
[TheMagicalMick] 10:52 am: "This here, it's a casing for a round I have never seen before. If I had to guess, it'd probably be a .40.. or a .41 caliber. Probably the latter. Can't be too many people running around with them."
[Dusterboy] 10:52 am: (damn)
[TheMagicalMick] 10:53 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10)
[TheMagicalMick] 10:53 am:

-> 1d10 (4)


[monster87] 10:53 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10)
[monster87] 10:53 am:

-> 1d10 (6)


[Lazarus] 10:53 am: Henry tears up and his voice takes on a quaver. "Mama made me hide. I didn't see nothing after Uncle Frank got hurt."
[] 10:54 am: Its okay *comforts the kid* Im going to find your mama and papa i promise.
[Dusterboy] 10:54 am: "Okay, that's fine. I'm sure you were very brave."
[] 10:54 am: Im going to go over to Luke and check out what he found*
[Lazarus] 10:55 am: As Henry leads John and Frank through the main house, they begin to set things the way Henry tells them for winter. As John moves to close one of the open windows, he bumps against a small side table and something falls to the floor. Everyone in the room jumps when the Corvue turns on, and John can see the thing that fell on the floor was a remote control of some sort.
[] 10:56 am: (Btw what was the D10 for)
[] 10:56 am: *Picks up the remote*
[Lazarus] 10:56 am: Momentarily stunned by the Carney barker loud ad, before they can shut off the noise, they are shocked to see their Laura in the background! As they focus in on what the ad is about, they discover the ad is for a brutal new sport sweeping the ‘Verse – Pit Fighting.
[Lazarus] 10:57 am: The announcer states they are starting a new program – Death Matches! Starting tonight and every night for the entire week, the fresh meat – the camera pans to the chain of prisoners, their Laura is fifth in the chain, will fight in the order they are chained to the death versus the “Grim Reaper” who is an up and coming new competitor.
[Lazarus] 10:57 am: Each fight will either end in the death of the fresh meat or the Reaper. It only takes a second to figure out that their Laura only has five days to live!
[] 10:59 am: *On coms* Boomer find out anything you can about *Explains what he found on the television* *In a serious tone* Im sorry i hurt ya booms but a friends in trouble and if i dont find out where they took her i wont forgive myself...
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:59 am: You can try to trace the signal
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:00 am: ok ill start with that
[Lazarus] 11:00 am: John leaves henry with Frank and joins Luke
[monster87] 11:00 am: "O'course Cap'n"
[Lazarus] 11:00 am: He's got a casing on a stick, one of many you've found scatered around the ranch
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:01 am: that tech, computer related?
[] 11:01 am: *Examines the casing*
[Lazarus] 11:01 am: what makes this one different is the caliber markings on the bottom - .41 that is not a common size
[] 11:02 am: *Picks up several of the casings and takes them with him*
[Lazarus] 11:02 am: You know no one in the ranch would have such a hard to supply weapon so this has to belong to one of the attackers
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: pruttm has left at 11:02 am+
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:02 am: yes
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:02 am: go ahead and roll
[] 11:02 am: Im going to give one to boomer to examine and maybe to research about in the cortex
[] 11:02 am: Im also going to discuss with Lukas if hes ever seen anything like it before and show it to Alex
[Lazarus] 11:03 am: with all the medical personnel helping, it takes just over an hour to prep the houses and get the animals able to free range so that there will be something left for the survivors to comehome to, that is if you can find them
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:03 am: that 1d6 (tech eng) or 1d12 (hacking) ?
[->Lazarus] 11:04 am: Im also going to contact the fox and tell him an old friend has been kidnapped and i would like to know anything he can tell me about the Pit fighting arena and the Shell Casing
[->Lazarus] 11:04 am: Im using my friends in low places contact now
[TheMagicalMick] 11:04 am: "Nah, never seen anything like it before. Never knew someone would bother with such an odd caliber, either. You need me anywhere?" Otherwise Luke was going to go back to the ship to make sure nothing broke on his first flight in it.
[Lazarus->] 11:04 am: You have no idea how long it will take for him to respond
[->Lazarus] 11:04 am: Well at least its sent and its done.
[->Lazarus] 11:04 am: Even if its the slightest chance i need to use it
[Lazarus->] 11:04 am: however, in checking the cortex, you do see that pit fighting is a new craze sort of like an extreme form of UFC
[TheMagicalMick] 11:05 am: (Brb, chat's being weird.)
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: TheMagicalMick has left at 11:05 am+
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:05 am: hacking
[monster87] 11:05 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d12+1d4)
[monster87] 11:05 am:

-> 2d12 (2,11 = 13) + 1d4 (2) = 15


[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: TheMagicalMick has entered at 11:05 am+
[->Lazarus] 11:05 am: At this point the captain is desperate either way
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:05 am: thats 15
[->Lazarus] 11:05 am: Do i find out where i might be able to sign up for a match ?
[->Lazarus] 11:05 am: Or watch one
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:06 am: The signal came from a rogue node, but you got enough of a trace to know it came from need Verbena
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:06 am: the 1d4 bonus is from comp tech
[Lazarus->] 11:06 am: To watch one, it's just like a cable channel
[TheMagicalMick] 11:07 am: (....why'd everyone go so quiet?)
[Lazarus->] 11:07 am: this Death match thing seems to be new, not a lot of info and seems to require special access to watch
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:07 am: sure
[] 11:07 am: *ZZZzzzZZzz...*
[->Lazarus] 11:07 am: Would any of my underground contacts from back when i was alliance know anything about it ?
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:07 am: need Verbena one name? seems an odd sentence ;)? you meant it comes from Verbena?
[Lazarus] 11:07 am: Everyone is caught up in the drama
[->Lazarus] 11:07 am: (Im grasping at straws here)
[Dusterboy] 11:07 am: *and Zach is still in the land of Nod
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:07 am: sorry tht should have been NEAR verbena
[->Lazarus] 11:08 am: Willing to spend plot points to rememeber a name
[monster87] 11:08 am: * On comms * "Cap'n. I traced the signal. It's from a rogue node, but I tracked it near Verbena"
[->Lazarus] 11:08 am: Ah forget about it if its a new thing
[Lazarus->] 11:08 am: you find that not everyone is happy about this new 'sport'
[Lazarus->] 11:08 am: The ‘Verse-Wide Extreme Pit Fighting Championship is touted as the purest form of one-on-one fighting known to man and for the past two years has taken the Cortex by storm. Reviled by religious groups for its brutality, the new ‘sport’ has non-the-less continued to increase in ratings and renown with the major competitors becoming house hold names among their loyal fan base.
[] 11:09 am: *On coms* Are you 100% Certain Booms how far is it away ?
[] 11:09 am: *On coms* Alex how far away is Verbena
[Lazarus->] 11:09 am: While not sanctioned by any Alliance regulated sports league, the fights are legal and despite insistent calls for regulation by the government, the VWEPF continues to grow in popularity and fight cages for the matches have begun cropping all over the Border planets and demonstration bouts have even been held in a select few Core world venues. – Op Ed article in the Sihnon Daily Register While not sanctioned by any Alliance regulated sports league, the fights are legal and despite insistent call
[Lazarus->] 11:09 am: s for regulation by the government, the VWEPF continues to grow in popularity and fight cages for the matches have begun cropping all over the Border planets and demonstration bouts have even been held in a select few Core world venues. – Op Ed article in the Sihnon Daily Register s for regulation by the government, the VWEPF continues to grow in popularity and fight cages for the matches have begun cropping all over the Border planets and demonstration bouts have even been held in a select few
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:10 am: how far is it?
[starjunky] 11:10 am: *coms* lemme check Cap'n
[->Lazarus] 11:10 am: Hmm
[Lazarus->] 11:10 am: Core world venues. – Op Ed article in the Sihnon Daily Register Core world venues. – Op Ed article in the Sihnon Daily Register Core world venues. – Op Ed article in the Sihnon Daily Register Core world venues. – Op Ed article in the Sihnon Daily Register Core world venues. – Op Ed article in the Sihnon Daily Register Core world venues.
[Lazarus->] 11:10 am: sorry chat went stupid
[->Lazarus] 11:10 am: Np
[->Lazarus] 11:10 am: lol
[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:11 am: int + astrogation
[] 11:11 am: Did you find anything on who might be using this sort of shell casing booms
[starjunky] 11:11 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)
[starjunky] 11:11 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d8 (8) = 13


[Lazarus->monster87] 11:11 am: int + pilot
[monster87] 11:11 am: "I'll check on it next "
[monster87] 11:11 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6)
[monster87] 11:11 am:

-> 1d12 (8)+ 1d6 (4) = 12


[monster87->Lazarus] 11:12 am: for the shells same hacking roll or what?
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:12 am: INT + Technical Engineering for the casings no hack
[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:12 am: about 36 hours
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:13 am: but comp tech I assume?
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:13 am: Verbena is about 36 hours
[monster87] 11:13 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 11:13 am:

-> 1d12 (4)+ 1d10 (10) = 14


[starjunky] 11:13 am: *coms* about 36 hrs to Verbena Boss
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:13 am: no comp tech
[monster87] 11:13 am: * comms (just before star prolly) * "I'm sure. Verbena is about * typing * 36 hours"
[monster87] 11:14 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6)
[monster87] 11:14 am:

-> 1d12 (5)+ 1d6 (1) = 6


[monster87->Lazarus] 11:14 am: .. well the second roll then
[->Lazarus] 11:14 am: Is there anywhere on this planet where i could find out more about the shell casing ?
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:14 am: the casings as belonging to a Dragonbane Pit Viper .41 caliber pistol.
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:14 am: if its not on the computer it might even be a knowledge roll xD
[monster87] 11:15 am: * on comms * * more typing heard * "Castings belong to a Dragonbane Pit Viper .41 caliber pistol."
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:15 am: roll again, but this time with comp tech
[monster87] 11:15 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 11:15 am:

-> 1d12 (3)+ 1d10 (10) = 13


[TheMagicalMick] 11:15 am: Luke takes this lull to find a non-vital piece of metal plating and score the name "Kujo" into the ship with his knife, an unnamed ship was horrible, horrible luck.. and he'd be damned if he wanted that kind of bad juju flying back on him. He'd then do a quick maintenance check to make sure nothing broke or came loose from that flight and landing.
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:15 am: the maker of the Pit Viper is located on Verbena
[] 11:15 am: *On coms* Who sells them
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:15 am: thats 13 on tech eng+int
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:15 am: kk
[] 11:15 am: *On coms* Or better yet who uses them
[monster87] 11:16 am: * On comms * * already typing more before the question * "The maker of the Pit Vipers .. is one company, and it's located, ah here it says. Verbana. I'll be damned"
[] 11:16 am: *On coms* Alex start the ship up
[Lazarus->] 11:16 am: not from here
[] 11:16 am: *Moves up to frank and henry*
[starjunky] 11:16 am: "you got it
[starjunky] 11:17 am: starts flight check
[] 11:17 am: Frank we found out where the shell casings came from we have a lead *Looks at henry*
[Lazarus] 11:17 am: As Alex gets the ship ready to lift, everyone that knows about the Pit Fighting and the Death matches starts doing a little math
[monster87] 11:17 am: does a quick engine check
[Lazarus] 11:18 am: one Death Match per day or one every 24 hours...
[Lazarus] 11:18 am: Laura was fifth in the chain...
[Lazarus] 11:18 am: five days is 120 hours before she has to fight....
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 11:18 am: Nothing broken or loose?
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 11:18 am: ravel time to Verbena is 36 hours
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:18 am: I check if the engines can take more boosting, since we've sorely used them last time
[Lazarus] 11:18 am: travel time to Verbena is 36 hours
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 11:19 am: Hah, my bad for hijacking your post.
[Lazarus] 11:19 am: They will only have three and a half days to rescue Laura
[Dusterboy] 11:19 am: "Oh yes?* Looks at Henry "Can you excuse us for a moment, please?"
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 11:19 am: THe fighter is fine
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 11:20 am: Figured it'd good habit to make sure with a flying deathtrap. Lol
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:20 am: You can try, but if something breaks, you could lose speed
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 11:20 am: very fair
[] 11:20 am: Henry *Kneels down* I can see you are already as tough as they get but im going to ask you this, are you going to be alright here alone or do you want to come with us while we look for your mama and papa.
[Lazarus] 11:21 am: "I wanna go with you Mister John! It's scary here alone, 'specially at night."
[] 11:21 am: Then pack up some of your things real quick like and we will go find your mama and papa *smiles*
[monster87] 11:22 am: * to Alex * "Alex. I've check the engines and they don't seem to be overly damaged from our last flight. I think the booster's will work, but it'll be a tad more risky than usual, so try to avoid it if possible"
[->Lazarus] 11:22 am: Sigh i got the creepy fucking feeling i wont be able to save his parents or laura
[Lazarus->] 11:23 am: such is the life of a big damn hero
[starjunky] 11:23 am: "roger Boomer, will treat 'er with kid gloves
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: Henry comes back with a knapsack with the sorts of things you'd expect a kid to grab
[] 11:24 am: *On coms* Alex prepare to lift off were heading straight to verbena.
[starjunky] 11:24 am: *coms* Aye Cap'n
[Lazarus] 11:24 am: As soon as yu've got Henry settled, which is going to require some shifting of cabins as the ship is maxed out on passenger and crew quarters, you are ready to lift
[] 11:24 am: *Lets the kid stay where he wants*
[] 11:25 am: *Goes to see Luke*
[Lazarus] 11:25 am: Alex lifts the ship and points the Fire Angel in the direction of Verbena and lights off the pulse drive
[Lazarus] 11:26 am: (Figuring amon the prepartions you made was putting the fighter back in the container
[] 11:26 am: *as the ship lifts Zack wakes up*
[TheMagicalMick] 11:26 am: (Suppose so, Laz, suppose so. Lets do this then.)
[Lazarus] 11:27 am: As you make your way out of atmo, now that you know about them, you see that Pit Fighting has a popular, if niche market, fanbase
[Dusterboy] 11:28 am: (Of course - gladiators always do)
[] 11:28 am: *Zack lazily walks to the bridge, wondering where we are going next*
[Lazarus] 11:28 am: If you really follow the hardest of the hard core fights, you pick up the term for the group running the Death Matches...The Circuit
[] 11:28 am: I got a sinking bad feeling about this whole gorram mess we gotta see this through to the end no matter what. Nobody diserves this nobody. *Captain has a cold look on his face*
[] 11:29 am: *Goes to Alex* "Hey, did the captain get his buissness done already? Where are we going this time?"
[] 11:29 am: Im going to get Booms to find out anything she can with any lead we have.
[] 11:30 am: *On coms* Booms see if you cant find out more about this Circuit.
[TheMagicalMick] 11:30 am: Luke is sitting down anywhere slightly out of the way for now, busy stripping off his zero atmo suit, stacking it properly and neatly together so it could be put on quickish if need be. Next to it sits his submachinegun, no longer slinged to him for the time being.
[starjunky] 11:31 am: "headin' to Verbena to rescue some family member that got abducted
[] 11:32 am: *Yawns* "I see, the whole redcross thing is taking a backseat then."
[starjunky] 11:33 am: "seems that way, don't it
[] 11:35 am: "Sure does, although its all the same for me... Guess I'll go talk to the others get the specifics." *Zack goes off to find bishop and the rest of the medical staff*
[Lazarus] 11:37 am: Does anyone have anything they want to do or RP?
[Dusterboy] 11:37 am: I can't think of anything.
[] 11:37 am: Continue to fix the frame design for the doorway to the cargo keep myself busy
[Lazarus] 11:38 am: roll your int + craft
[TheMagicalMick] 11:38 am: (Luke will just help John do that, since it helps him too.)
[] 11:38 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 11:38 am:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d8 (2) = 9


[TheMagicalMick] 11:38 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d8)
[TheMagicalMick] 11:38 am:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d8 (7) = 8


[Lazarus] 11:38 am: as far as a design is concerned, you feel you've got a very simple, but workable plan
[] 11:38 am: *Zack finds bishop* "I heard we are on some type of rescue mission."
[] 11:39 am: Thats what i do for the rest of the hours i also go check on the kid make sure he is okay
[] 11:39 am: Play a game of cards with him and what not if he wants to
[Lazarus] 11:40 am: The trip to Verbena seems to take longer than most interplanetary trips and there is a decided uncomfortableness during the voyage
[Dusterboy] 11:40 am: "Yes. It seems that a woman the Captain knows caled Laura was kidnapped and is being forced to fight in a Death Match in five days. There was a survivor, a boy called Henry who has come with us. His parents wre taken too."
[Lazarus] 11:41 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 11:41 am:

-> 1d6 (5)


[Lazarus] 11:42 am: The hours pass...
[Lazarus] 11:42 am: six
[Lazarus] 11:42 am: twelve
[Lazarus] 11:42 am: eighteen
[] 11:42 am: I check on the death matches as well
[] 11:42 am: *Zack listens quietly with disbelief on his face* "Deathmatches? How do we end with this stuff? Well atleast it isnt the browncoats or alliance..."
[] 11:42 am: Just to see if i can get anything on location or even names ect
[Lazarus] 11:43 am: even knowing they are halfway there does little to break the tension aboard the ship
[Lazarus] 11:43 am: twenty-four
[Lazarus] 11:43 am: thirty
[] 11:43 am: Im also going to gather everybody to the common rooms and explain everything
[TheMagicalMick] 11:43 am: Luke will sleep plenty, and make sure to sleep for like the 26-34th hours of the trip.)
[Dusterboy] 11:44 am: "I don't know, Zack. I guess there's just something about human nature."
[Lazarus] 11:44 am: you near the planet and John calls his meeting
[] 11:45 am: (Does the kid atttend?)
[Lazarus] 11:45 am: If you want him there
[] 11:45 am: (I guess i was asking Gabgab)
[] 11:46 am: I will keep the kid out of this meeting because im going to be explaining about the death matches
[] 11:48 am: Look i know i have not been straight forward and omnious about this whole situation but i got a message from an old friend so to speak and thats how we got into this whole mess as a human being i cant abide by the abuse of these people the kid lost everything and i sure as hell am going to do everything in my power to help him and find his mother and father and laura if i can. (Laura is said friend)
[] 11:49 am: *Zack chuckles* "You sure have gotten us into a interesting situation"
[] 11:49 am: The red cross express was built to aid the people and this sure as hell in my book comes as close to aiding people in distress.
[] 11:49 am: As anything else
[] 11:50 am: If you got a problem with this speak up now. *Explains the whole Death match situation and everything*
[] 11:51 am: (How long is the chain of people, how many people after Laura?)
[] 11:51 am: (or is it really many)
[Lazarus] 11:51 am: (You only got a quick glimpse, but maybe five after her)
[] 11:52 am: I need to know everybody will do their best because that is all i can ask from you all but for the sake of that kid, my friend and his parents.
[] 11:52 am: "So its a good chance that the kids parents are actually before your friend laura, right?"
[] 11:52 am: I gorram hope we can find them in time.
[Dusterboy] 11:52 am: "Absolutely."
[] 11:53 am: *Sighs* I hope not.
[] 11:53 am: "If he becomes an orphan you need to find him a better place than a ship captain."
[] 11:54 am: *Looks cold eyed into Zack's Eyes* You better focus on what we can do not on the ifs and whens.
[Lazarus] 11:55 am: As the meeting breaks up, everyone rather quietly disburses
[] 11:55 am: "I'm just thinking about the guys future, a childhood aboard a ship isnt very nice at all..." *zack stands up* "I should know"
[] 11:56 am: *Zack leaves*
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 11:56 am: So much angst on this crew..
[Lazarus] 11:56 am: Alex can soon see Verbena growing and he starts making adjustments to enter atmo.
[monster87] 11:56 am: (sorry I was afk without telling you, something came up with my girlfriend. But I'm back now)
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 11:56 am: ineed, just need some vampires now
[Lazarus] 11:57 am: (kk rein)
[] 11:57 am: (I wanted Boomer to find anything on the Circuit)
[starjunky] 11:57 am: *coms* we're approching Verb now fo
[starjunky] 11:57 am: lsk
[] 11:57 am: (That was in transit so if booms can roll please do)
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:57 am: ok I can roll hacking or normal tech eng with comp to find out?
[Lazarus] 11:58 am: aside from the occasional bursts of advertisements. Whoever is operating the broadcast is not giving their location away
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 11:58 am: What ever happened to good 'ol robbing people for money that they had and we didn't?
[Lazarus] 11:58 am: What little traces she's managed makes it clear, the transmission source is mobile
[Lazarus] 11:59 am: Alex arrows into atmo and lands smoothly
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:00 pm: See: Goody two shoes captain
[] 12:00 pm: *On coms* Okay crew we need to find out more about the shell casings and who they are being sold to if we are to find out who is behind this we need to first find out who supplies this sort of ammo
[starjunky] 12:00 pm: (afk a bit for lunch
[] 12:00 pm: (Unless Boomer found out where they were being sold)
[] 12:00 pm: (On the planet that is)
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:01 pm: did I find out where it's being sold, or do I need a new roll?
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:01 pm: Bahhh
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:01 pm: I should have kept James and just mutinied.
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:01 pm: nothing really seems to be available without an invite
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:02 pm: I told you, you should have had him stay
[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: everyone roll int+Streetwise or int+know
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:02 pm: Eh, I say that now, but 6 to 1, means I couldn't have changed things even if I tried.
[] 12:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 12:02 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d8 (7) = 13


[monster87] 12:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)
[monster87] 12:02 pm:

-> 1d12 (10)+ 1d8 (8) = 18


[] 12:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+6)
[] 12:02 pm:

-> 1d10 (1)+ 6 (6) = 7


[monster87] 12:02 pm: woah almost max xD
[TheMagicalMick] 12:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6)
[TheMagicalMick] 12:02 pm:

-> 1d6 (4)


[Lazarus->] 12:03 pm: Verbena has had a hard time since the U-War and it's a poorly kept secret that people go missing here...frequently, especially strangers
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:03 pm: Verbena has had a hard time since the U-War and it's a poorly kept secret that people go missing here...frequently, especially strangers
[Lazarus->] 12:03 pm: Verbena has had a hard time since the U-War and it's a poorly kept secret that people go missing here...frequently, especially strangers
[Dusterboy] 12:04 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Dusterboy] 12:04 pm:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d6 (6) = 10


[->Lazarus] 12:04 pm: perfect....
[Lazarus->Dusterboy] 12:04 pm: Verbena has had a hard time since the U-War and it's a poorly kept secret that people go missing here...frequently, especially strangers
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:04 pm: short of a mutiny, I doubt it. Gabel seems determined to be straight laced
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: deaconabyss has left at 12:04 pm+
[->Lazarus] 12:05 pm: Can booms make a transmitter
[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: The ship spins down and Alex lowers the cargo ramp
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:05 pm: He apparently plays a LOT of good characters.
[Dusterboy->Lazarus] 12:05 pm: Thanks. I'll be careful
[->Lazarus] 12:05 pm: Small enough for a person to smuggle with them ?
[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: Question is, who is going where?
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:05 pm: Exactly, shot a mutiny.. and rarely do mutinies work when it's 6 against 1. Haha
[Lazarus->] 12:05 pm: she could make one, but she'd need parts for something that specialized
[Lazarus->] 12:06 pm: however, those sorts of things are readily available
[->Lazarus] 12:06 pm: Doubt i would find them kind of parts here i guess
[->Lazarus] 12:06 pm: Ohh okay
[monster87] 12:06 pm: "Cap'n, just found out that Verbana has been a pretty rough place since the U-War and that it's no secret that people go missing there.. frequently"
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:06 pm: depends on the circumstances
[] 12:07 pm: Lets stick together in pairs or in threes then
[] 12:07 pm: Booms i need you to whip up small transmitters think you can do that if we get the right materials ?
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:07 pm: Hence rarely.
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:07 pm: Instead of ever.
[Lazarus->] 12:08 pm: micro transmitter in the core book 8 credits
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:08 pm: right
[->Lazarus] 12:08 pm: Can i outfit the crew with them or even myself
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:08 pm: I just now realized how much of a b***h a missing leg will be when it comes time to run away from something.
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:08 pm: Since my speed is 5ft.
[Lazarus->] 12:08 pm: sure, not hard to locate
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:09 pm: well duh
[->Lazarus] 12:09 pm: Okay i will buy for the crew and myself then
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:09 pm: not many one legged sprinters
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:09 pm: Well yeah, but I meant.. if I made this character first...
[Lazarus->] 12:09 pm: int + streetwise to find
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:09 pm: He would have instantly died my first session.. where we all had to run from Reavers.
[] 12:09 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 12:09 pm:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d8 (3) = 7


[] 12:09 pm: Boomer
[Lazarus->] 12:10 pm: who is going where
[Lazarus->] 12:10 pm: you have to leave the ship to find them
[->Lazarus] 12:10 pm: I know
[monster87] 12:10 pm: "O'course Cap'n."
[->Lazarus] 12:10 pm: But everybody seems so afk
[Lazarus->] 12:10 pm: yeah
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: TheMagicalMick has left at 12:10 pm+
[] 12:10 pm: Booms go with frank and pickup some transmitters
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: TheMagicalMick has entered at 12:11 pm+
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: deaconabyss has left at 12:11 pm+
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:11 pm: Balls, paged back on the wrong tab.
[] 12:11 pm: Have jo with you
[monster87] 12:11 pm: "You sendin' me shoppin'" * bigsmile * "Let's go Frank, and Jo, this'll be fun!"
[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: okay, we have jo, rank and boomer.
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:11 pm: doesn't take much
[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: anyone else leaving the ship?
[] 12:12 pm: I will be going with luke to find out more about the shell casings
[Lazarus] 12:12 pm: and Zack?
[] 12:12 pm: Zack can come with us
[Lazarus] 12:13 pm: ok, two groups of three
[TheMagicalMick] 12:13 pm: "We going out looking, strapped?" Luke looked towards his submachinegun on a nearby counter.
[Lazarus] 12:13 pm: shoppers, just need an int + streetwise to find the transmitters
[] 12:13 pm: Aye i aint taking any chances here.
[Lazarus] 12:13 pm: You can figure pistols might be acceptable, but heavier arms might get unwanted attention
[Dusterboy] 12:14 pm: Will int+know do?
[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: yes duster, just harder
[] 12:14 pm: *Secures his heavy pistol*
[monster87] 12:14 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)
[monster87] 12:14 pm:

-> 1d12 (8)+ 1d8 (2) = 10


[] 12:14 pm: Boomer can also make one
[Dusterboy] 12:14 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Dusterboy] 12:14 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (6) = 8


[starjunky] 12:14 pm: back, I'm staying with ship, ready for emergency takeoff if needed
[] 12:14 pm: Put on armor if ya got it dont take any chances on this planet
[monster87] 12:14 pm: I take my pistol just in case
[] 12:15 pm: *Sigh* "Allright captain, though I don't know why you'd want me around."
[Lazarus] 12:15 pm: Jo has her pistol and armor
[Dusterboy] 12:15 pm: *Frank takes his pistol too, plus some spare rounds*
[] 12:16 pm: I want everybody to meet up straight after we find some info about the casings and after people have gone shopping.
[] 12:16 pm: *Zack takes his pistol..* "Captain, you want me to take my bag too?"
[Dusterboy] 12:16 pm: "Right, Captain"
[] 12:16 pm: Take it incase Z
[] 12:16 pm: Keep it in a backpack
[Lazarus] 12:16 pm: The shopping group heads out first and it doesn't take long to find a place with electronics
[Dusterboy] 12:17 pm: *I'll take mine, too, similarly concealed*
[] 12:17 pm: "Uhh, I dont own a backpack captain... just one suitcase"
[monster87] 12:17 pm: "Ahhh this looks like the perfect place" * goes inside *
[Lazarus] 12:17 pm: In fact the items are in a case with a Blue Sun logo on them right in the open
[Lazarus] 12:18 pm: Zack, Luke, and John have to go to a seedier part of twon
[TheMagicalMick] 12:18 pm: Luke looked like he wanted to take the SMG, but it wasn't in the cards. It was funny how Reavers were running wild, people were getting kidnapped for arena death matches, and there was a guerilla war going on, yet some punkass kid with a badge would get his panties in a bunch over a man protecting himself. Oh well, he grabbed his pistol and secured it with the tactical holster on a leg harness, keeping on his flight suit and aviators. He didn't really need anything else short of some pocket
[TheMagicalMick] 12:18 pm: money and a pack of cigarettes, one of which were lit and in his mouth now.
[Lazarus] 12:18 pm: and there isn't a lot of word to be had about Pit Viper pistols
[Dusterboy] 12:18 pm: *Blue Sun? Uh-oh*
[Lazarus] 12:19 pm: Pistol grup, roll int + streetwise
[TheMagicalMick] 12:19 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6)
[TheMagicalMick] 12:19 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)


[] 12:19 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8+1d4)
[] 12:19 pm:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d8 (1)+ 1d4 (4) = 9


[] 12:19 pm: 2 plot points
[] 12:20 pm: Cause i knew i was going to roll low
[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: kk
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:20 pm: My Streetwise/Knowledge rolls are awesome.
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:20 pm: indeed, you rock
[] 12:20 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+6)
[] 12:20 pm:

-> 1d10 (3)+ 6 (6) = 9


[] 12:20 pm: Worst fucking idea having the captain actualy do anything in the end
[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: zack?
[] 12:20 pm: I rolled with knowledge again
[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: ah right
[Lazarus] 12:21 pm: the +6 threw me
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:21 pm: That shit's for people who don't know how to fix/maintain/create mechanics, and are proficent with knives, pistols, and like 5 different types of mounted/ship weapons.
[Lazarus] 12:21 pm: ok, in asking around, and making the most of his friends in low places...
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:21 pm: Lol
[Dusterboy] 12:21 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Dusterboy] 12:21 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d6 (6) = 7


[Lazarus] 12:21 pm: John discovers it's useful knowing people like Marko Platz' name
[monster87] 12:21 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)
[monster87] 12:21 pm:

-> 1d12 (3)+ 1d8 (2) = 5


[monster87] 12:22 pm: if it matters ill reroll
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: has left at 12:22 pm+
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: Zeenix has entered at 12:22 pm+
[monster87] 12:22 pm: not sure where the int+streetwise was for
[Zeenix] 12:22 pm: Excuse me
[Lazarus] 12:22 pm: John does discover that sales of the Pit Viper has been poorer than expected and no more will be made.
[Lazarus] 12:22 pm: That was for the pistol group rein.
[Lazarus] 12:22 pm: meanwhile back in the shop...
[Lazarus] 12:23 pm: the micro transmitters are going for 8 credits each
[] 12:23 pm: (Btw i gave them enough money for em)
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:23 pm: there are a lot of compromises, especially at greenhorn level
[] 12:23 pm: (Just dont know the total)
[Lazarus->] 12:24 pm: you get the feeling that getting more information is going to cost you some plot points
[->Lazarus] 12:24 pm: How many
[->Lazarus] 12:24 pm: Already spent 2
[->Lazarus] 12:24 pm: Trying to roll =/
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:24 pm: Yeah, Knowledge is one of my next things I plan on upgrading.
[Lazarus->] 12:24 pm: 3 sounds about right
[Dusterboy] 12:24 pm: (So, how many should we buy?)
[->Lazarus] 12:24 pm: go ahead and take them !
[->Lazarus] 12:24 pm: That means i got one left
[] 12:25 pm: (enough for the crew0
[Lazarus->] 12:25 pm: only five units were sold to non-Core World buyers with one each to the mayor and sheriff on Boros, one a smuggler captain whose ship was destroyed by an Alliance patrol, and a pair to the notorious slaver “Ripper Rusinski.”
[] 12:25 pm: (I would have told you that beforehand)
[Lazarus] 12:25 pm: at least 7
[->Lazarus] 12:25 pm: Am i safe to use my Intuition here and go with the Slaver
[monster87] 12:26 pm: can we try some convo+sweet and cheerful to lower the price xD?
[Lazarus->] 12:26 pm: I'll give you this one without a roll
[->Lazarus] 12:26 pm: So Slave it is then
[Dusterboy] 12:26 pm: (lol XD)
[Lazarus] 12:26 pm: you can try
[monster87] 12:26 pm: and of course I check the wares and see if he has more things to sell xD
[Lazarus] 12:27 pm: He's ot a fair selection of electronics
[Lazarus] 12:27 pm: shipboard and consumer
[Lazarus] 12:27 pm: go ahead and roll boomer
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:27 pm: let say I take some high-tech hardware that looks adjustable that I think will be useful in the future and find a price with him
[->Lazarus] 12:27 pm: Okay im going to communicate with alex and have him find out what he can about that slaver on the cortex
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:28 pm: ok
[->Lazarus] 12:28 pm: If there is any information or i will get boomer to dig deeper once we meet back up
[monster87] 12:28 pm: "How about this fine piece of hardware over here" *waves nonchalantly at something that nobody else probably even knows the function of* "and 7 of those micro transmitters for 60 credits?"
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:28 pm: that int+conv?
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:28 pm: or what stat
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:28 pm: persuade
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:29 pm: willpower in this case
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:29 pm: kk remind me to take persuade sometime ;)
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:29 pm: ok
[monster87] 12:29 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d8)
[monster87] 12:29 pm:

-> 1d10 (8)+ 1d8 (6) = 14


[->Lazarus] 12:29 pm: Can i try to find out more about the Ripper Rusinski guy while we are out here ?
[Lazarus] 12:29 pm: "Done and done bao bei."
[Lazarus->] 12:30 pm: wrong window I suspect
[monster87] 12:30 pm: "Well thank you very much dear man. I'll be sure to say you're the best in town to my collegues"
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:30 pm: convo is getting someone to tell you something
[monster87] 12:30 pm: "Byebye!" * walks out smiling and waving *
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:30 pm: persuade is getting them to do it
[] 12:30 pm: *On coms* Alex see if you cant find anything out about some guy named Ripper Rusinski
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:30 pm: yeah seems pretty logical. I'll take it at the end of this session
[] 12:30 pm: *Tries to get the rest of the crew on coms*
[Lazarus] 12:31 pm: Both groups make their way back to the ship with thei object of their trip
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:31 pm: in fact I'll already add it and deduct 8 AP just so I don't forget. I don't think we'll use persuade this session again, but i'll remember I don't have it yet xD
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:31 pm: ok
[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: Seems like traveling in groups is a good idea as neither runs into any trouble
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:32 pm: ...What did she just buy on top of the transmitters?
[monster87] 12:32 pm: * Comms * "We're done Cap'n, mighty nice fellow sold it at a good price and got me a toy in for a good deal"
[monster87] 12:32 pm: * Comms * "See ya on the ship"
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:32 pm: electronic parts
[] 12:32 pm: Once everybody is gathered up again im going to tell the crew only five weapons were sold of the shell type
[] 12:32 pm: *On coms* See ya there boombs8
[Dusterboy] 12:32 pm: "She charmed him out of socks, Captain." Frank grins
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:32 pm: Because it cost 4 more credits than the transmitters alone. So that didn't sound like a great deal. Hah
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:33 pm: well, she quoted the price
[] 12:33 pm: A notorious slaver by the name of Ripper Rusinski would be our best bet
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:33 pm: SHE thinks she got a good deal
[monster87] 12:33 pm: "Ya sure it was only 5 sold? Don't ya think the underground might've taken over the company so they'd have their own guns? Seems more logical to me"
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:33 pm: Ahhh
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: monster87 has left at 12:33 pm+
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:33 pm: I thought it was just a failure on math.
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: monster87 has entered at 12:33 pm+
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:33 pm: lol
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:33 pm: not this time
[] 12:34 pm: A pair of guns was sold to a slaver by the name of Ripper Rusinski Booms can you quickly see if you cant find anything on this bastard.
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:34 pm: I was like.. never let her go shopping again. You're buying 7 items that cost $200 a piece, and you end up spending more than original price.
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:34 pm: Lol
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: It doesn't take much searching to find there is an open warrant on him, but that his current whereabouts is unknown
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:35 pm: Who needs a bulk discount!
[] 12:35 pm: And these transmitters i want everybody to put them on and hide them so people cant find them
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:35 pm: she did get a lot of electronic parts though
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:35 pm: How much?
[Lazarus] 12:36 pm: (uh, they fit inyour ear. I'm not sure where else yu could hide them! or how well you could hear them!!)
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:36 pm: about 10 credits worth, she did end up ahead, just not a killer deal
[] 12:36 pm: (Fuck i thought they were microtransmitters that could transmit locations)
[Dusterboy] 12:36 pm: As a doctor, frank could think of a couple of places, but he's not going tosuggest it. . . .XD)
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:37 pm: what's the range of the transmitters?
[] 12:37 pm: (Incase people got captured or something so we could trace the signal)
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:37 pm: 300 to 400 yards
[Dusterboy] 12:37 pm: (so they're lik bluetooth headsets?)
[Lazarus] 12:37 pm: sort of
[] 12:38 pm: Okay just put them in your ears then so we can communicate via them
[Lazarus] 12:38 pm: but fit in the ear, not on it
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: Ah, alright.
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: We need to pimp out the little Asian.
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: I think Gabel's having a heart attack at just dropping 60 credits.
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:38 pm: just ask, she seems to like to spread
[] 12:38 pm: (Possibly they can be used to track the signal as well i guess from the ship)
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: Lol
[monster87] 12:38 pm: "Roger Cap'n. Rember they're range is short, about 400 yards max (367 meters)"
[Lazarus] 12:38 pm: they do transmit and receive
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: "Massages"
[Lazarus] 12:39 pm: like what Janye was wearing when they made the drop off with Patience in the pilot
[] 12:39 pm: I have a plan that might catch Ripper Rusinski's ears
[Lazarus] 12:40 pm: depends on how good your technical engineering skills are on what you can get them to do
[Zeenix] 12:40 pm: "Now where is the mute button incase I take a nap?" *plays around with it*
[->Lazarus] 12:40 pm: Okay this is what i thought we might try (either figure out where he is on this planet)
[->Lazarus] 12:41 pm: And disguise ourselves as slavers and sell off one of the crew as a slave to setup a meeting with him if its possible
[->Lazarus] 12:41 pm: A ruse so to speak
[->Lazarus] 12:41 pm: But im out of ideas since he is our last lead.
[TheMagicalMick] 12:42 pm: Luke, was more for mechanical than technical.. to him, it was just something that'd ruin having his sqawkbox music in sterio, blocking one ear. Oh well. He put it in to make sure it worked.
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:42 pm: can I see if I can boost the signals somehow easily?
[Lazarus->] 12:42 pm: ok
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:42 pm: longer the range, the shorter the battery life
[] 12:43 pm: I say we try and find Ripper Rusinski and disguise ourselves as slavers one or more of us will act as slaves to setup a ruse to lure this Ripper Rusinski in.
[Lazarus->] 12:43 pm: You are looking at some serious streetwise action
[->Lazarus] 12:44 pm: If i can i will use my Friends in low places as well
[->Lazarus] 12:44 pm: If it at all gives any bonus
[Lazarus] 12:44 pm: everyone can roll int + streetwise
[] 12:44 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 12:44 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d8 (8) = 13


[Lazarus] 12:44 pm: know isn't going to work this time
[Zeenix] 12:45 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10)
[Zeenix] 12:45 pm:

-> 1d10 (1)


[Zeenix] 12:45 pm: (Hurr durr)
[Dusterboy] 12:45 pm: You mean you snore, Zack?
[starjunky] 12:45 pm: (heh, botch a streetwise? coulda been lot worse
[TheMagicalMick] 12:45 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6)
[TheMagicalMick] 12:45 pm:

-> 1d6 (4)


[Lazarus] 12:45 pm: We can go outside and do a singing telegram! Zack opines
[] 12:45 pm: (Would it be recommended to use plot points ?)
[TheMagicalMick] 12:45 pm: (Winning!)
[Dusterboy] 12:45 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Dusterboy] 12:45 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (5) = 11


[] 12:46 pm: (But then im down to my last one)
[monster87] 12:46 pm: * fidgles a bit with the thing, checking it's electronics * "I could boost the range, but it'll drop the battery life"
[monster87] 12:46 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)
[monster87] 12:46 pm:

-> 1d12 (4)+ 1d8 (5) = 9


[Lazarus->] 12:46 pm: you do think doing some slumming and asking about Ripper might work
[->Lazarus] 12:47 pm: Then thats what we will do
[Lazarus->] 12:47 pm: ok, who is going where?
[->Lazarus] 12:48 pm: Hmm well cant we all go or would the be stupid
[->Lazarus] 12:48 pm: Just feels like i leave the crew out of things when we split up
[] 12:49 pm: We should check the slums for more information about this Ripper Rusinski character
[Lazarus->] 12:51 pm: your call
[Lazarus] 12:52 pm: No shortage of bars and casinos in town
[] 12:53 pm: Luke, Booms, Zack, Frank can come with While Jo and Alex stay with the ship unless Alex wants to come then Luke can stay behind.
[Lazarus] 12:53 pm: who's up for a little PAR-taying?
[monster87] 12:53 pm: I'm always up for the action, well the non-fighting action that is
[Dusterboy] 12:54 pm: Just a little. Wiser to stay sober, here, I think
[] 12:54 pm: I think Laz was refering to the Party getting ready to heado ut
[] 12:54 pm: out*
[] 12:54 pm: Bring your weapons like last time we dont take chances on this planet.
[->Lazarus] 12:54 pm: Still have my armor and duster on
[starjunky] 12:54 pm: "I'll stay with the Angels ( ship and Boomer )
[Lazarus] 12:54 pm: The five of you head out, armed as before I assume?
[->Lazarus] 12:55 pm: Bring my pistol like you said
[Dusterboy] 12:55 pm: "Will do, Captain."
[Zeenix] 12:55 pm: *sigh* "These things never work out"
[] 12:56 pm: Yes
[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: okay then, you enter into the seedy nightlife of Verbena
[Lazarus] 12:57 pm: At night, the city takes on a different look as shops roll up the welcome signs
[Lazarus] 12:57 pm: and working girls and dealers take over
[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: you group is large enough that you avoid serious trouble
[Dusterboy] 12:58 pm: *Leaving people (esp outsiders) feeling distinctly unwelcome*
[->Lazarus] 12:58 pm: Pwew sometimes you scare me with my calls
[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: you do get all sorts of offers, most best not mentioned
[->Lazarus] 12:59 pm: Every damn decision i make i somehow feel like im going to completely screw the party over sometimes
[Lazarus->] 12:59 pm: it ain't easy being the boss
[->Lazarus] 12:59 pm: No for sure it is not
[Lazarus] 1:00 pm: eventually, alomst at random you choose a dive to enter with the name "The Kit Kat Club"
[Zeenix] 1:00 pm: *Zack, very tense, looks nervously at everything*
[Lazarus] 1:00 pm: however only a handful of letters on the sign still work
[] 1:00 pm: I tell the group that i want Ripper Rusinski alive no matter what before we leave
[Lazarus] 1:00 pm: "T-- -it --- ---B
[] 1:01 pm: Hmm
[] 1:01 pm: TitB
[Zeenix] 1:01 pm: ( Tit? count me in.)
[Lazarus] 1:01 pm: Which leads to a completely diferent name being given by the drunken patrons, the Titty B
[TheMagicalMick] 1:01 pm: (I like mine to be C.)
[Dusterboy] 1:01 pm: Or Titty Bar, even
[] 1:02 pm: *looks around at his surroundings after entering*
[Lazarus] 1:02 pm: Imagine the cantina in Mos Eisley, but without the Aliens or the cool music
[TheMagicalMick] 1:02 pm: (Wow, that's fairly shitty then.)
[] 1:03 pm: Du du du du dalalala alla la la
[Lazarus] 1:03 pm: what Mick said
[Dusterboy] 1:03 pm: "A wretched hive of scum and villainy, but without the charm"
[] 1:03 pm: Han solo shot first
[Dusterboy] 1:03 pm: And Greedo was a punk
[Lazarus] 1:04 pm: everyone roll alert + perception and then int + streetwise. Know is not a substitute
[] 1:04 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 1:04 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d8 (7) = 14


[TheMagicalMick] 1:04 pm: (Sight?)
[] 1:04 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8+1)
[] 1:04 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d8 (2)+ 1 (1) = 11


[Lazarus] 1:04 pm: yes, Han fired first and Greedo was a dumbass
[] 1:04 pm: i added a plot point
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 1:04 pm: Perception/Sight?
[Zeenix] 1:04 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)
[Zeenix] 1:04 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d8 (6) = 11


[Lazarus] 1:04 pm: sure sight
[Dusterboy] 1:04 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Dusterboy] 1:04 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)


[TheMagicalMick] 1:04 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[TheMagicalMick] 1:04 pm:

-> 2d10 (8,1 = 9)


[Zeenix] 1:04 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10)
[Zeenix] 1:04 pm:

-> 1d10 (10)


[Dusterboy] 1:04 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8)
[Dusterboy] 1:04 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)


[TheMagicalMick] 1:04 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6)
[TheMagicalMick] 1:04 pm:

-> 1d6 (4)


[Dusterboy] 1:04 pm: (Crap)
[TheMagicalMick] 1:05 pm: (2d10 and I get 9... suhweet. I blame it on the lack of sweet cantina music.)
[] 1:05 pm: (I liked the Catina music)
[Dusterboy] 1:05 pm: So did I - that was one of the best bits
[Lazarus] 1:06 pm: Guy bumps into Frank and his partner says, "He doesn't like you."
[Dusterboy] 1:06 pm: "I'm sorry about that"
[Dusterboy] 1:06 pm: (I know this scene :D)
[Lazarus] 1:06 pm: "I don't like you either."
[] 1:06 pm: LOL
[Dusterboy] 1:06 pm: "I said I was sorry"
[Lazarus] 1:07 pm: "Do you know who you're messing with?"
[] 1:07 pm: I look at the guys
[] 1:07 pm: *Steel eyed stare*
[Lazarus] 1:07 pm: Look like a couple of drunk punks
[] 1:07 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d10)
[] 1:07 pm:

-> 1d10 (9)+ 1d10 (8) = 17


[] 1:07 pm: Intimidate
[Lazarus] 1:08 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 1:08 pm:

-> 2d6 (6,5 = 11)


[TheMagicalMick] 1:08 pm: Luke stepped over towards them, all 5'5" or so of him, staring at the man behind his aviators. Yeah, sunglasses at night... indoors. What the fuck of it? "Look, he said he was sorry, so back the fuck off."
[] 1:08 pm: I dont like you either.
[TheMagicalMick] 1:08 pm: (No intimidation, just simply stating it.)
[Lazarus] 1:08 pm: "Good thing ya gots friends buttercup."
[Lazarus] 1:08 pm: the two stagger off
[Dusterboy] 1:08 pm: "Thanks"
[monster87] 1:09 pm: (sorry for the afk's, but back again)
[monster87] 1:09 pm: can I sweettalk someone to find out about this guy we're looking for?
[->Lazarus] 1:10 pm: Im going to walk up to the barkeep because well barkeeps know stuff usually know whos in their bar
[Zeenix] 1:10 pm: *Zack cringes, without turning his head to them, still tense.*
[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: ok, you do NOT feel any love from the crowd, so you know, you have that feeling, that succeeding with a roll of int + streetwise is going to take plot points.
[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: you can try boomer, but this isn't a sunshine and rainbows sort of crowd
[monster87] 1:10 pm: Can I start a convo with someone just to get a bit of love?
[Lazarus] 1:11 pm: you can always try
[] 1:11 pm: Dont look at me now its time for the crew to cough up some plot points mine are drained
[Lazarus->] 1:11 pm: ok
[Lazarus->] 1:11 pm: "What?"
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:11 pm: convo with what stat?
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:11 pm: int
[->Lazarus] 1:11 pm: And im going to ask straight up and say Platz is looking for Rusinski i got a prize he might want.
[TheMagicalMick] 1:12 pm: ( I think using PP on a skill where you'll probably need like a 15.. when I have a 1d6 as my base roll would be inadvisable.)
[->Lazarus] 1:12 pm: *Prize being the inuendo for slave*
[monster87] 1:12 pm: * Boomer looks into the crowd and selects someone probably not too dumb and a bit lonely, but who still might know what they are searching for and walks over * "Care for some company?"
[monster87] 1:12 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d12)
[monster87] 1:12 pm:

-> 1d12 (12)+ 1d12 (4) = 16


[starjunky] 1:12 pm: (brb
[monster87] 1:13 pm: * With a delightful smile she sits down next to him *
[Lazarus->] 1:13 pm: "You just fall off the turnip truck?"
[Lazarus] 1:14 pm: she meets a guy that seems to be a mechanic named Jeff and he takes quite the shine to Boomer (who wouldn't?)
[->Lazarus] 1:15 pm: Look buddy im just the messanger take it or leave it i will be waiting over there *points* And give me a whiskey.
[monster87] 1:15 pm: * after some geniune interest and really a not too bad conversation, she finally gets to her real intent * "Say, do you know about a guy called Ripper Rusinski?"
[Lazarus] 1:15 pm: The rest of you move away to let her work, but not so far away that you can't watch her back.
[monster87] 1:15 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)
[monster87] 1:15 pm:

-> 1d12 (7)+ 1d8 (8) = 15


[monster87->Lazarus] 1:15 pm: last roll is my streetwise+int
[->Lazarus] 1:15 pm: I pay for the whiskey and leave.
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:16 pm: that's without sweet and cheerful for the streetwise, although in this case that might apply
[->Lazarus] 1:16 pm: (Cant blame me for trying something like that just to see if it works)
[Lazarus] 1:16 pm: 'uh....uh....I need a drink and I'm tapped out."
[Lazarus->] 1:16 pm: it was worth a try, but this is not an easy lead to find
[monster87] 1:17 pm: "What do you want, a beer?"
[Lazarus->] 1:17 pm: ripper is not a guy that likes to be found
[->Lazarus] 1:17 pm: Yeah i know but as i said (Captain is desperate theres peoples lives at stake here)
[monster87] 1:17 pm: "I'll order us some and we'll move to the more quiet spot over there, allright?"
[Lazarus] 1:17 pm: ":Sake, might take a couple bottles before you can just ask someone about someone like that."
[Lazarus->] 1:18 pm: sure
[Lazarus->] 1:18 pm: boomer seems to be working it though
[->Lazarus] 1:18 pm: Aye
[monster87] 1:18 pm: "Don't worry, I've got time and Sake suits me just fine." * and she continues blabbering along happilyl like she's his best friend *
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:18 pm: this guy can drink like a fish, and you are going to either have to match him or fake like you are matching him
[] 1:19 pm: *Leans against the wall alone somwhere sipping his whiskey taking in the crowd and making sure to keep an eye on boomer*
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:19 pm: WIL + Discipline to match
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:19 pm: Ill fake it cuz I have alchohol intolerance xD
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:19 pm: AGL + Performance to fake
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:19 pm: can't I just sip slowly as he drinks away his nerves?
[Dusterboy] 1:19 pm: Frank is sticking with beer, but is watching the crowd
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:19 pm: if you don't have the skill, you'llhave to use plot points
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:20 pm: can I use covert+agi? And mostly just take it slower than him?
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:20 pm: he's clearly terified of ripper, but he likes the booze more
[Dusterboy] 1:20 pm: He's not really a bar person, and he's certainly not used to places like this
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:20 pm: task number will be higher with covert
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:21 pm: and the task isn't easy
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:21 pm: ok, but can I use stealth then xD I don't have performance
[Zeenix] 1:21 pm: *Zack after seeing the others getting something to drink* "Umm.. Barkeep? Give me something strong."
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:21 pm: you can use agility and plot points
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:21 pm: task is an 11
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:21 pm: and maybe combine it with taking his mind off with talking
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:22 pm: if you use covert, task is 15
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:22 pm: this guy can drink, he's scared and he doesn't konw you
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:22 pm: know
[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: "He smiles. sure hing."
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: Zack, roll vit+vit
[Zeenix] 1:23 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[Zeenix] 1:23 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d6 (2) = 3


[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: so close to a botch
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:23 pm: I get the challange is with drinking, but I'll be drunk in no time, so I'll be mostly talking, you can decide on what I need to roll. I'll do some stealthy fake-sips in between, but I don't really mind if he sees me not drinking, especially since I'll keep his head busy with talking
[Zeenix] 1:23 pm: Yes.
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: whatever he gave you hit you like a truck
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: -1 step to all stats
[Zeenix] 1:24 pm: So I'm drunk? Good.
[monster87] 1:24 pm: * sits down with the guy in the corner with a bottle of Sake and pours him and herself one * "So tell me more about yourself then. What's a intelligent fellow like yourself doing here in this shithole?"
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:24 pm: agility + plot points to fake it enough to win his confidence, task number 11
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: "Well, you know times is hard"
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: "Harder with this war."
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:25 pm: damn you've gotta be kiddin, that's almost impossible without at least 4 or more pp
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: "Last ship got shot up and captain didn't have the coin to fix her. SO I'm grounded. Drink makes the pain go away."
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:25 pm: ill use 4 and hope for the best.. still got rerolls
[monster87] 1:25 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[monster87] 1:25 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d8 (8) = 14


[monster87->Lazarus] 1:25 pm: pff 14
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:26 pm: seems rather easy there
[Zeenix] 1:26 pm: *Zack shakes his head, sighs and some of the tenseness goes away.*
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:26 pm: lol you know that the average of 2d8 is 9 right xD and that's with 4 plot points.. thats a lot xD
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: after some time and the better part of an hour, Jeff gets drunk enough to be a little less terrified
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:27 pm: do the convo with the sweet and cheerful
[monster87] 1:27 pm: "So tell me Jeff, you can trust me, what do you know about Ripper?"
[TheMagicalMick] 1:27 pm: Seeing as how it'll be awhile, Luke just sits down anywhere near John and lights up a cigar. Ah, that's exactly what he needed. He didn't touch any of the alcohol for now. Alcohol in a neighborhood where he'd likely get stabbed and robbed, while asking around about a murdering slaver, wasn't his definition of fun... or his idea of good common sense.
[monster87] 1:27 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12)
[monster87] 1:27 pm:

-> 2d12 (7,7 = 14)


[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: "Whas yawantedti knowagain
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:27 pm: ill use 1 pp if it helps
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: "Oh yesh...That pig..." He lowers his voice. "Don't know wherehe ish."
[monster87] 1:28 pm: "You gotta know more than that. What's it he's done to you and where did ya last see 'im?"
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: "Butta I doknow he jush solda abunchameat. Couple d--d-days ago."
[monster87] 1:29 pm: "meat? he's a butcher or something? What kind of meat?
[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: "Some old ship..th-the? Odd something. Shouldabeeasy ta remember. Hey yesh. Oddeasy was the lump of gos se's name."
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: THUD SNORREEEEEEEEEEEEE
[starjunky] 1:30 pm: (lol
[monster87] 1:30 pm: ".. you've gotta be kidding me" ... "Jeff?"
[] 1:30 pm: (Fucking light drinker)
[monster87] 1:30 pm: * shakes him softly *
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZ hic ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz
[Dusterboy] 1:31 pm: "That's no way to behave in front of a lady."
[monster87] 1:31 pm: * Moves over to the captain * "Whattaya think of that? I outdrank that guy and it was all for nothin. You heard what he said?"
[->Lazarus] 1:31 pm: Okay would it be advisable to take our light drinker home with us or just leave him there
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:31 pm: ill pretend to the crew that I drank that sake lol :P
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 1:31 pm: Just noticed...
[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: no one else could hear
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:31 pm: ok
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 1:31 pm: Our group is John, Luke, and then 2 doctors and 1 little girl who's against violence.
[Lazarus->] 1:32 pm: up to you. roll int + intution
[] 1:32 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 1:32 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d8 (4) = 5


[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 1:32 pm: In a bar.. in a neighborhood bad enough to be considered bad on a horrible planet.
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 1:32 pm: yep, only fighter is on the ship
[Lazarus->] 1:32 pm: you don't see anything wrong with takinghim with you
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 1:32 pm: And Gabel is all like "No SMGs."..... psh. My machine pistol would clear out this place in a hurry if shit went down.
[Serenity: From the Ashes Session 26]: Dark Cloaked Figure has left at 1:33 pm+
[->Lazarus] 1:33 pm: Hmm okay
[monster87] 1:33 pm: "Well anyway, he certainly knows the guy. Didn't seem to know where he was though. Did know he sold 'meat' some days ago. Not sure what that means exactly. He said something else about an old ship with an easy name he didn't remember.. then fell asleep the basterd" * Boomer says this even more cheery than usually, probably she's also feeling some effect of that alchohol, or is really enjoying the evening *
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: roll int + wil boomer
[] 1:33 pm: Oddeasy..
[monster87] 1:33 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)
[monster87] 1:33 pm:

-> 1d12 (1)+ 1d8 (5) = 6


[monster87] 1:34 pm: damnit reroll
[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: kk
[monster87] 1:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)
[monster87] 1:34 pm:

-> 1d12 (6)+ 1d8 (6) = 12


[monster87] 1:34 pm: ill keep that
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:34 pm: He said Oddeasy was the lump of gos se's name
[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: I just bet you will
[monster87] 1:35 pm: "Ah yeah the name of the ship was Oddeasy - seemed such a strange name,a lmost thought it was just his drunkeness"
[] 1:35 pm: Lets grab him and take him with us he might know more.
[] 1:36 pm: Did you catch his name
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: You scoop up your drunk friend and work your way out of the Titty B
[] 1:36 pm: Lets head back to the ship
[monster87] 1:36 pm: "Jeff"
[monster87] 1:36 pm: "He's a mechanic"
[monster87] 1:37 pm: "Seemed intelligent enough, although he's got troubles too many I'd guess"
[] 1:37 pm: *Over his ear headset* Alex see if you cant find a ship called the Oddeasy in the database
[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: You move along in the semi lit streets feeling decidedly uncomfortable
[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: And you soon see why, you see the two men that acosted Frank
[starjunky] 1:38 pm: *coms* will do Cap'n
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: "'Ere now. Looks like we got some friends too."
[starjunky] 1:38 pm: * performs Cortex search *
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: And suddenly you see what he means as close to a dozen goons join them
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: "Now that ya ain't quite as tough, let's see what sort of coin ya gots."
[Zeenix] 1:39 pm: "Oh god.."
[] 1:39 pm: *On his headset* Alex we got company.
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: FADE TO BLACK
[Dusterboy] 1:39 pm: Feck
[starjunky] 1:39 pm: ahhh man
[monster87] 1:39 pm: xD
[monster87] 1:39 pm: nice cliffhanger, as usual
[] 1:40 pm: Yeah good thing we have a doctor who has -1 to his skill steps
[TheMagicalMick] 1:40 pm: I was telling Gabel...
[Zeenix] 1:40 pm: Pfft you think I can shoot anyways?
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: You are welcome.
[TheMagicalMick] 1:40 pm: We have John, Luke, a drunken doctor, a non-fighting type doctor, and a little girl pacifistic mechanic...
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: Well even drunk he's a better shot than boomer with her -2 to skill
[Dusterboy] 1:40 pm: I don't. I'm still sober.
[TheMagicalMick] 1:40 pm: And you made me leave my SMG at home.
[Zeenix] 1:41 pm: Atleast if I die, It wont hurt as much
[Dusterboy] 1:41 pm: Frank's got a gun and knows how to use it. . . . he just doesn't like violence
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: I'm going to hand out 3 XP for the session and Ill give Boomer +2 for getting the OddEasy clue, that was NOT an easy task and she pulled your grtis out of the fire
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: and 1 more 1 to everyone for the RP
[Dusterboy] 1:42 pm: Thanks, Laz
[Zeenix] 1:43 pm: Now to cop out and buy pistol and gun skill with 40 exp
[] 1:43 pm: Dont forget to save the log laz