Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 9:39 am+
[Lazarus] 9:39 am: Welcome to P&PG Chat.
[Lazarus] 9:40 am: I created room "Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24"
Welcome! You have entered [Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24] at 9:41 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: has entered at 9:41 am+
[Lazarus] 9:41 am: Hey Mick
[Lazarus] 9:42 am: James is recovering from his wounds.
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: has entered at 9:42 am+
[Lazarus] 9:42 am: Hi Gabel
[] 9:43 am: Heya
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: starjunky has entered at 9:45 am+
[starjunky] 9:45 am: hey folks
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: Zeenix has entered at 9:45 am+
[Zeenix] 9:45 am: Hello dudes and dudettes
[Lazarus] 9:45 am: hi star and Z
[Lazarus] 9:46 am: no dudettes yet
[Zeenix] 9:46 am: Oh, seems like
[Zeenix] 9:46 am: Mick is here!
[Lazarus] 9:46 am: monster is in the lobby though
[Zeenix] 9:46 am: Welcome back Mick
[] 9:47 am: He has been there a while might be slightly afk
[->Lazarus] 9:47 am: Picked up D8 Metalworking
[] 9:47 am: Yeah
[->Lazarus] 9:47 am: So im down to 4 Exp
[->Lazarus] 9:47 am: Okay with you ?
[Lazarus->] 9:47 am: sure
[->Lazarus] 9:48 am: makes sense with my salvaging background and the modifications ive been doing around on the ship as well i guess
[Zeenix] 9:48 am: Why cant one fasttravel to rivendell?
[->Lazarus] 9:48 am: I wanted to pick up carpentry as well make my ship nice and cozy
[Lazarus->] 9:48 am: air enough
[Lazarus->] 9:48 am: fair
[] 9:49 am: Because one does not simply walk into Mordor.
[->Lazarus] 9:49 am: But have to wait for that til later anywho
[Zeenix] 9:52 am: I almost came here the wrong time
[->Lazarus] 9:52 am: Heh one of the players who we have been waiting on finally made his character for my hell frost campaign he decided he would be a frost dwarf brawler who imbues his beer with magic to fight better
[Zeenix] 9:52 am: The Daylight savings thing came here too.
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: has left at 9:52 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: monster87 has entered at 9:52 am+
[] 9:52 am: Oh Z
[monster87] 9:52 am: wow look at me being on time.. but still last to the party xD
[] 9:53 am: Spoke with Narayan
[Lazarus] 9:53 am: hi Boomer
[] 9:53 am: You beat Red.
[Zeenix] 9:53 am: Tell me all the things Gabe
[] 9:53 am: And what's-his-name.
[monster87] 9:53 am: I'm going to grab some food
[Lazarus->] 9:53 am: sounds like fun
[Lazarus] 9:53 am: Duster
[] 9:53 am: Yeah, him.
[Lazarus] 9:54 am: Might still be some time zone confusion
[->Lazarus] 10:02 am: Yup
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: I'm going to figure that Red and Duster are still working out the difference in daylight's savings time thing and will go ahead and start
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: This wekkend Europe switchs to DST and that should stop all the trouble
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: In any case...
[monster87] 10:03 am: Yeah today is 'normal' time again for me (18:00)
[Lazarus] 10:04 am: Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24, The Red Cross Express
[Lazarus] 10:05 am: GM: Lazarus. Players Gabel, TheMagicalMick, Zeenix, starjunky, and monster87 present. redwolffclaws and Dusterboy currently MIA but presumed lost in time zone transit
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: When last we left our intrepid adventurers...
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: has left at 10:06 am+
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 10:06 am: hello! Need that good o'l invite down. :D
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: They had loaded up the ship's main cargo bay with medical gear turning the area into a full service medical center.
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: redwolffclaw has entered at 10:07 am+
[] 10:07 am: Hey red
[redwolffclaw] 10:07 am: Hi guys
[monster87] 10:08 am: (your char is Jo right? To be sure I'm not confused)
[redwolffclaw] 10:08 am: yes it is
[Lazarus] 10:08 am: Two of the cargo containers were full with medical supplies to keep the clinic funcitonal and the third containier had the curious mixture of the body of the previous ship's doctor Ray and a second hand derringer fighter
[Lazarus] 10:08 am: (hi red)
[Lazarus] 10:09 am: The crew had an interesting time at the big fund raiser Killian held with John and Boomer having a more interesting time than the others
[monster87] 10:09 am: (Do we still have Ray's body onboard?)
[Lazarus] 10:09 am: It is now morning and before the ship can left, Havey Killian has arrived to wish the crew bon voyage
[Lazarus] 10:10 am: [Lazarus] 10:08 am: Two of the cargo containers were full with medical supplies to keep the clinic funcitonal and the third containier had the curious mixture of the body of the previous ship's doctor Ray and a second hand derringer fighter
[redwolffclaw] 10:10 am: (They said something about that last session. Apparently yes and we are heading somewhere where we can bury it.)
[Lazarus] 10:11 am: Because the Red cross Express is a media event and Killian wants the publicity...there is a lot of press present for the depature
[Lazarus] 10:12 am: Alex and boomer can easily beg off from the media circus due their duties, but the rest of the crew seems out of luck
[starjunky] 10:13 am: "thank the Lord, I hate high-society functions"
[Lazarus] 10:13 am: "John? Please have you and the crew say a few words before you depart on this historic endeavor." Killian says as he schmoozes the press.
[monster87] 10:13 am: But I like the media xD well as long as it doesn't interfere with what I have to do - I'll be sure to show my face
[] 10:15 am: I will call on the doctors to make their statements and i will go last
[redwolffclaw] 10:15 am: (Do we have to say anything?)
[->Lazarus] 10:16 am: I'm still in the medical bay?
[Zeenix] 10:16 am: "Captain, I'd really rather not.."
[Lazarus] 10:17 am: (You can attempt a willpower + Persuasion to convince killian you'e got ship duties
[Lazarus->] 10:17 am: Yes, you are currently at 9 wounds, since you weren't at the shindig, no one is expecting you
[Zeenix] 10:17 am: (raw willpower it is then!)
[->Lazarus] 10:18 am: Works for me.
[Zeenix] 10:18 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8)
[Zeenix] 10:18 am:

-> 1d8 (2)


[Zeenix] 10:18 am: (derp.)
[] 10:18 am: I could say he has to take care of the Dandy
[Lazarus] 10:18 am: That's what Frank is doing
[Zeenix] 10:18 am: "Well you see.. I have this... um.. thing that needs doing.."
[Lazarus] 10:19 am: (Explains where he is)
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: has left at 10:20 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: Mythril has left at 10:20 am+
[Lazarus] 10:20 am: "And that thing is telling the media about the trip young man." Killian frowns
[redwolffclaw] 10:20 am: "Technically it is my job to stand around and look surly? Right? I don't need to talk in front of press?"
[] 10:21 am: Monkeytits we arent arguing about this now get out there and Get it done Zack
[Zeenix] 10:21 am: *Zack looks defeated* "Well if you are trying to get good PR, well... you'll probably be dissapointed.."
[] 10:22 am: (Hah, the one person who would crush this is in the med bay, while everyone who won't is there.)
[Lazarus] 10:22 am: There are plenty of questions concerning the safety of the medical personnel, so someone has to respond to those questions
[redwolffclaw] 10:22 am: "ok."
[Lazarus] 10:23 am: take your best shot Z, you can always use a couple plot points to make up for lack of skill
[redwolffclaw] 10:23 am: (I guess I could show them how to S.I.N.G."
[Zeenix] 10:24 am: (What do I roll?)
[Lazarus] 10:24 am: You are up Z
[Lazarus] 10:24 am: will or int + persuasion, which you can use plot points to cover
[Zeenix] 10:25 am: (heck no, Zack doesnt care about PR. Raw int it is.)
[Zeenix] 10:25 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10)
[Zeenix] 10:25 am:

-> 1d10 (8)


[Lazarus] 10:25 am: (That wasn't half bad...I'm surprised my own self)
[Zeenix] 10:26 am: ( I guess Zack didnt feel like taking revenge for dragging him up there.)
[Lazarus] 10:26 am: Doctor Menard manages to sound competent before escaping from the horde
[Lazarus] 10:26 am: Hower, there are those pesky questions about security with the Rim at war...
[Lazarus] 10:27 am: "MIss Gleason."
[] 10:27 am: Jo your up *gives zack and Jo an assuring smile*
[redwolffclaw] 10:27 am: (arg)
[redwolffclaw] 10:27 am: (Can I use INT and Discipline? to show how good I am at my job?)
[Lazarus] 10:28 am: it does apply, so, ok
[redwolffclaw] 10:28 am: ok gonna use a plot point too.
[Lazarus] 10:28 am: ok
[redwolffclaw] 10:28 am: roll/ 1d8+1d6+1d2)
[redwolffclaw] 10:28 am: gah.
[redwolffclaw] 10:28 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6+1d2)
[redwolffclaw] 10:28 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (4)+ 1d2 (1) = 10


[Lazarus] 10:29 am: Jo sounds like she has got things well in hand, but there are a few die hard skeptics.
[Lazarus] 10:29 am: And finally Captain Iskellian will say a few part words before they begin their mission.
[redwolffclaw] 10:29 am: Skeptics of what?
[Lazarus] 10:30 am: that the mission is too dangerous
[redwolffclaw] 10:30 am: *Raspberries*
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: has left at 10:31 am+
[Lazarus] 10:32 am: you are up Gabel
[->Lazarus] 10:32 am: Taking a while
[->Lazarus] 10:32 am: im typing in a speech
[Lazarus->] 10:33 am: kk
[] 10:33 am: Well our time is at hand once this ship departs we hope to bring a little solace to the people of the verse i would trust each and every one of my crew with my life and i am sure they feel the same way. The ship is my pride and joy and it stands for everything that i believe in she's named the Fire Angel because she will give her best and her all for the mission because she will truly burn and crash if she should fail and with that i leave you because i sure as hell will give it my all when
[] 10:33 am: On This mission Thank you And good bye.
[] 10:34 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d12+1d2)
[] 10:34 am:

-> 1d10 (8)+ 1d12 (9)+ 1d2 (2) = 19


[] 10:34 am: Boom
[monster87] 10:34 am: from behind * clap clap * "That was mighty pretty Cap'n"
[Lazarus] 10:34 am: "Well said young man. Now please, people of the media, step back so that they ship can lift."
[Lazarus] 10:35 am: There is a loud round of applause
[Lazarus] 10:35 am: and the press for once, perhaps awed by John's eloquence, complies quickly and moves out of the docking bay
[redwolffclaw] 10:35 am: (Wow)
[->Lazarus] 10:35 am: Heck im kind of proud of that speech now
[Lazarus] 10:36 am: Alex has signal from port control that he is free to lift
[Lazarus->] 10:36 am: the corwd loved it, you'll probably hear bits of it on the Cortex
[starjunky] 10:37 am: "We're cleard for takeoff Cap'n"
[Lazarus] 10:37 am: ship's agility (d8) + Piloting alex
[starjunky] 10:37 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12+d4)
[starjunky] 10:37 am:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d12 (5)+ 1d4 (4) = 15


[] 10:37 am: Hit it Alex
[Zeenix] 10:37 am: "Ugh. Finally, we can get out of here."
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: The ship lifts clean and with a clear flourish
[redwolffclaw] 10:38 am: "Make it a good take off. Hate to bust anything in front of the press." *Sly grin to the guy who got to stay inside.*
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: Beylix is only 26 hours so, there isn't much time to prepare for the job when you arrive
[->Lazarus] 10:39 am: Might make a minor change to the speech because she will give her best and her all for the crew and the mission.
[Lazarus] 10:39 am: Zack, please roll will + discipline to see to the arrangements
[Zeenix] 10:39 am: *looks at Jo* "Fortunately for me, I have alot of colleagues now. They can have the speeches from now on."
[->Lazarus] 10:40 am: (Details details)
[Zeenix] 10:40 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Zeenix] 10:40 am:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (3) = 11


[Lazarus] 10:40 am: same for Jo to brief everyone on ship's procedures and the basics of force protection
[monster87] 10:40 am: * goes to some engineering job *
[Lazarus] 10:41 am: Is there anything anyone wants to work on?
[Zeenix] 10:41 am: "Come on now, lets see if you are worth what Killian pays you!"
[] 10:41 am: I want to be working on whatever i can on the inside of the ship to make the Container suitable
[] 10:41 am: Basically prepare the entrance and whatnot
[] 10:42 am: Im also going to go check on the dandy.
[Lazarus] 10:42 am: unfortunately, there really isn't a way to add an airlock to the container in flight
[redwolffclaw] 10:42 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[redwolffclaw] 10:42 am:

-> 2d6 (6,2 = 8)


[] 10:42 am: What i cant start working on the framework ?
[redwolffclaw] 10:42 am: "Keep arms and legs inside the ship at all times."
[Lazarus] 10:43 am: you'd have to add an entire air tight housing to the exterior of the ship,
[Lazarus] 10:43 am: Ok, the frame work is possible
[] 10:43 am: Thank you dear sir !
[] 10:43 am: Int+metalworking ?
[Lazarus] 10:43 am: yes because you are designing it
[] 10:43 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 10:43 am:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d8 (1) = 9


[monster87] 10:43 am: ow can I help :)?
[starjunky] 10:43 am: Alex is honing his Discipline-related attributes
[Lazarus] 10:43 am: agility + metalworking to build it
[monster87] 10:44 am: can I help with mechanical engineering\
[] 10:45 am: Well thats Design i guess
[Lazarus] 10:46 am: I just checked and no mechanical engineering is strictly machines and equipment. not fabrication
[Lazarus] 10:47 am: John only has limited space to work in any cse because the cargo bay is so full
[] 10:47 am: yup
[Lazarus] 10:48 am: You get a decent design worked up. You'll have to purchase some materials to do the actual construction as there isn't enough raw sheet metal and piping and stuff to start building
[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:48 am: roll int+base piloting d6
[starjunky] 10:49 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[starjunky] 10:49 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d6 (5) = 10


[] 10:49 am: What about the salvage i bought Laz ?
[] 10:50 am: I purchased a bunch of metal and scraps ect ages ago
[redwolffclaw] 10:50 am: I go find the capitain.
[] 10:50 am: Im probably alone working with the container entrance Jo
[Lazarus] 10:51 am: you've got some of the material, but if you want a structure that will withstand hard burn and remain airtight, scrap may not be the best material
[Lazarus] 10:51 am: up toyou
[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:51 am: You get a tight beam wave
[] 10:51 am: Well i just figured scrap metal was what we built stuff out of because theres no actualy material stuff in the PDF
[] 10:51 am: that i saw
[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:51 am: "From a friend"
[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:52 am: "One hour after you arrive on Beylix would be an excellent time to find yourself in your cabin."
[] 10:52 am: But np laz ill get it on the next planet
[starjunky->Lazarus] 10:53 am: hmm, cyrptic
[redwolffclaw] 10:53 am: "Captain, I have something I need to talk to you about"
[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:53 am: indeed. the message does not repeat
[starjunky] 10:53 am: "cap'n - got a tight wave message about our being on Beylix
[Lazarus] 10:53 am: You can build it out of the scrap, you are just not sure how durable it will be
[] 10:54 am: Well i probably know enough to get better material so i will wait
[] 10:54 am: Sure i got a sec *Busy with designing the airlock*
[] 10:54 am: What ya want Jo
[] 10:55 am: *On coms* I will check the Cortex and check out the wave Alex
[starjunky] 10:55 am: "rgr - stop by the Bridge and I'll realy exatcly what I got
[] 10:55 am: *Goes to check the wave* in his quarters So what can i help you with lass. *While trying to find the wave*
[starjunky] 10:55 am: relay*
[redwolffclaw] 10:56 am: "I really like it when I am able to trust people. So when I hear something that makes me really not trust someone, I tend to get itchy knife fingers. But since I owe you for not kicking my ass after the whole warehouse thing... I figure we can talk.:
[] 10:56 am: (Guess i gotta go to bridge for wave ? )
[] 10:57 am: *Roger that Jo's here ill be there in a few*
[starjunky] 10:57 am: ( dunnao, can I forward to Cap'n terminal?
[] 10:57 am: Talk about what Jo im an open book
[] 10:58 am: (I thought i had a cortex terminal you could just forward the wave to me)
[redwolffclaw] 10:58 am: "you mentioned you were a pilot."
[redwolffclaw] 10:58 am: "in the alliance."
[] 10:59 am: Thats right
[Lazarus] 10:59 am: (She shanks you)
[] 11:00 am: (Ugh my liver)
[] 11:01 am: Well speak up jo i told you im an open book there something wrong ? *smiles*
[redwolffclaw] 11:01 am: "I can understand I guess with you being from a rich family and all why you would join the alliance. I guess I thought you guys were all major dicks instead of nice guys which I took you for. My real question is why did you join the alliance?
[Lazarus->] 11:02 am: you are mobile, you aren't just stuck in the infirmary
[] 11:03 am: *sighs* To spite my father.
[] 11:03 am: Would be the gist of it lass.
[Lazarus->] 11:03 am: it will just be awhile before you are doing the tango
[Zeenix] 11:03 am: *Is zack still in middle of arranging stuff?
[redwolffclaw] 11:04 am: You joined the army... to make your father mad?
[] 11:04 am: *Smirks a little and frowns at the same time* I was young and my father and i did not see eye to eye to say the least
[redwolffclaw] 11:05 am: "Well that is a major opposite of why I joined the military. I joined the Browncoats, to make my father proud."
[redwolffclaw] 11:05 am: (Dun dun dun!)
[Zeenix] 11:05 am: (Daddy problems 101?)
[] 11:06 am: My father was only concerned with one thing to secure his empire further and strengthen his hold on his money i spent my entire life trying to fight whatever he wanted for me
[Lazarus] 11:06 am: You are still supervising, but it looks like John chose well and the nurses and medics have things well in hand
[redwolffclaw] 11:06 am: (My god we do have opposite backstories!)
[] 11:06 am: I joined the military as the obvious course of action because it was the ultimate way to spite him
[] 11:07 am: Even changed my name in the process
[Zeenix] 11:07 am: *Zack goes to the infirmary then, incase Dandy is still there and hasnt been moved*
[] 11:07 am: After that we never spoke again
[redwolffclaw] 11:08 am: "My father was a very rich man. I grew up on Ariel but my father routinely smuggled supplies to the outer rims and often took me with him. I got to see the horrible conditions that people lived in first hand."
[->Lazarus] 11:08 am: Hm, yeah.. but then I have to get angry looks at me and maybe expected to do work.
[Lazarus->Zeenix] 11:08 am: Dandy needs to move around. He's been bed ridden long enough
[->Lazarus] 11:08 am: Neither of which sound tempting.
[->Lazarus] 11:08 am: Lol
[] 11:08 am: *smiles slightly* If only my father was as noble as that
[Zeenix->Lazarus] 11:09 am: That means I have to tell him to get his arse up?
[Lazarus->Zeenix] 11:09 am: he's got to take things slow, but he's ready to interact with the crew
[Lazarus->Zeenix] 11:09 am: yes, yes you do
[Lazarus->] 11:10 am: ok, gold brick *ON*
[Zeenix] 11:10 am: *Zack enters the infirmary, walks up to where Dandy is laying down
[] 11:10 am: "Damn, and here I hoped I was forgotten about. We could have at least gotten a lady-doctor.." James said as Zack walked into the infirmary. James is slightly sitting up, sort of in between laying down and sitting. His hands are holding a deck of cards that he's shuffling slowly with simply flourishes.
[redwolffclaw] 11:10 am: "My dad was my hero. He was trying to make the verse a better place. He was killed by the alliance a few months after I enlisted. He was caught bringing unregistered food supplies and medicine to a rim planet. They killed him for being a traitor... so believe me when I say that being my capitain is the only thing between you and my sword the moment I found out you were alliance."
[->Lazarus] 11:10 am: Hm?
[] 11:11 am: To much of my childhood id rather forget but its drilled into me not much i can do about that *John looks kind of sad when thinking back but picks himself up again quick enough* But thats my story either way I didnt join the military for the cause to say the least.
[Lazarus->] 11:11 am: You are in Gold Brick Mode
[Lazarus->] 11:11 am: What does a gold brick do?
[Lazarus->] 11:11 am: NOTHING
[Zeenix] 11:11 am: "Well I guess you'll be happy to hear about that Killian decided to hire a couple of nurses."
[redwolffclaw] 11:11 am: (i have prejudice alliance soldiers lol)
[] 11:11 am: Well im glad you didnt choose to stab me i guess *Looking perplexed and chuckles a little*
[Lazarus->] 11:11 am: You young'uns, it's an army term for gods sake LOL
[->Lazarus] 11:11 am: Look hella pretty, and make everyone want it.
[->Lazarus] 11:12 am: A gold brick doesn't NEED to do anything.
[Zeenix] 11:12 am: "Maybe I'll leave you for them to fix up next time you try to kill yourself."
[] 11:12 am: Anyway those days are behind me i left during the war was honorably discharged believe it or not. or Dishonorably most alliance would call it i guess.
[->Lazarus] 11:12 am: I think it's like a fucking WW1 army term perhaps.. I have never heard that shit.
[Lazarus->] 11:13 am: Whippersnapper
[redwolffclaw] 11:13 am: why would they call it dishonorably?
[] 11:13 am: Heck if you want my lifes story Jo i aint got nothing to hide
[Lazarus->] 11:13 am: (Old dopey me, I just remember Duster is on holiday)
[] 11:13 am: "Hey, never said you did a bad job fixing, I just said I would prefer some lady-doctors or nurses about for when it comes time to get a sponge bath." A wink was given as he finished. "So, come in here to play me in a game of cards, perhaps?"
[redwolffclaw] 11:14 am: You dont have to worry about me stabbing you now at least.
[Zeenix] 11:14 am: "No, I'm afraid I'm here to tell you that you need to get your ass up and move around a bit. That will help your recovery."
[monster87] 11:14 am: * steps onto the bridge, washing the oil of her hands with a very dirty cloth * "heya Alex, hows it going?"
[->Lazarus] 11:15 am: lol
[starjunky] 11:15 am: "hey Boomer, got a hot potatoe for Cap'n
[->Lazarus] 11:15 am: i forgot myself
[Zeenix] 11:15 am: "Just a little walk is enough, we could go... visit the captain for example."
[monster87] 11:15 am: * comes over * "What is it?"
[] 11:15 am: Well leaving the alliance right after the Battle of the Sturges can leave a foul taste in many mouths High command didnt take kindly to my previous endevours either to say the least i was lucky not to get jail i guess the Iskellian name saved me that day
[] 11:15 am: Me and Jackson parted ways with the alliance after that Politics and war dont mix in my mind.
[Zeenix] 11:16 am: *Zack grins* " I think you and him have something to discuss."
[] 11:16 am: "Hm, as tempting as that may sound, I think I need to get some personal hygine done first, make myself presentable since you're kicking your only paitent out."
[starjunky] 11:17 am: "tight wave saying we need to be "in our Cabin" an hour after landing on Byelix. Think its related to the dude I met at the big party
[starjunky] 11:17 am: Admirial is up to seomthing it seems
[monster87] 11:17 am: "What dude?"
[Zeenix] 11:17 am: "Sure, go ahead." *Zack starts leaving*
[redwolffclaw] 11:17 am: Well at least you got to leave the military a bit more graceful than I did.
[starjunky] 11:17 am: Browncoat activist, knew of Admirial's plans apparnetly
[redwolffclaw] 11:18 am: Got taken as a POW after an explosion killed most of my men and made my face a mite prettier...
[starjunky] 11:18 am: ( and with that I'm afk a few to fix lunch...
[Zeenix] 11:18 am: *He stops by the door* " Next time, don't drag others to die with you though."
[monster87] 11:18 am: "Well we'll see what the Captain says about that, I'll find him" * walks off *
[] 11:18 am: If i learned anything over the years Jo it aint whats here *Points at her face* That makes a person pretty* It's whats in here *Pointing at her heart*
[] 11:19 am: I met some mighty pretty folk who are just ugly on the inside.
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:19 am: The Message reads "From a friend: one hour after arriving at Beylix would be an excellent time to find yourself in your cabin."
[Zeenix] 11:20 am: *Zack goes to find the others*
[redwolffclaw] 11:20 am: same here. You might want to get that message from the bridge. Sounded important. *Jo walks away*
[] 11:20 am: With a bit of an exasperated sigh, James got up out of the infirmary, sliding the deck of cards into his back pocket, grabbing his hat as well. Heading off to where he could clean up a bit, put on some clean clothes, shave, and the like.
[monster87] 11:20 am: * comes into the cargo bay * "Heya cap'n, that's where you are. Alex had a message for you, I thought I'd deliver it to you
[] 11:20 am: (I already took the message)
[] 11:21 am: Well Heres to hoping you wont holding being an ex alliance officer against me then i guess *sighing* *Saying to jo as she walks out*
[] 11:21 am: Hold*
[Zeenix] 11:22 am: *Zack arrives shortly after boomer* "The @hole is up, captain"
[monster87] 11:22 am: * hands over a printed note * "From a friend: one hour after landing is a good time to be in your cabin"
[redwolffclaw] 11:22 am: (she had to make a quick exit. Not good for a security officer to get all emotional.) lol
[] 11:23 am: *Looks over at the dandy* How you feelin then
[monster87] 11:23 am: * takes a long look back at Jo walking off a bit tense *
[monster87] 11:23 am: "What was all that about Cap'n?"
[->Lazarus] 11:23 am: Well finally got to have some nice RP with our backgrounds thats nice
[Lazarus->] 11:23 am: The Message reads "From a friend: one hour after arriving at Beylix would be an excellent time to find yourself in your cabin." The Message reads "From a friend: one hour after arriving at Beylix would be an excellent time to find yourself in your cabin." The Message reads "From a friend: one hour after arriving at Beylix would be an excellent time to find yourself in your cabin." The Message reads "From a friend: one hour after arriving at Beylix would be an excellent time to find t
[Zeenix] 11:23 am: (hes in the shower currently i think)
[->Lazarus] 11:23 am: Oh look Platz... Sigh
[Lazarus->] 11:23 am: sorry. my window was acting crazy
[->Lazarus] 11:23 am: SJ sent it to me as well
[Lazarus->] 11:23 am: kk
[monster87] 11:23 am: (just zack and me in the room with you cap)
[->Lazarus] 11:24 am: Btw thanks for letting us RP a little been wanting to get into my backstory and learn a little more about the crew
[Lazarus->] 11:24 am: no problems, I like that you all do that
[] 11:24 am: Oh Jo just asked me about my past sall
[Lazarus->] 11:24 am: makes life easier for me
[->Lazarus] 11:24 am: :)
[] 11:24 am: She wanted to know why i joined the military
[Zeenix] 11:25 am: "You got all emotional on her captain?"
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 11:25 am: was wondering. Does me being a lieutenant really mean anything anymore? Like would people really care?
[monster87] 11:25 am: "Ah, she doesn't like you having been in the alliance I guess, figures"
[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 11:25 am: Them as were with the Browncoats would care
[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 11:26 am: ANd you can figure the Neo-Browncoats would be happy to have you
[monster87] 11:26 am: But I trust her
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 11:26 am: i am not too familiar with them in game terms. What exactly are they doing?
[] 11:26 am: Not really just told her what she wanted to know she got what she wanted i guess
[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 11:27 am: they aren't in the game actually. The Neo-Browncoats are my own invention
[Zeenix] 11:27 am: *Zack thinks about that for a little bit* "How did you manage to get Ian onboard in that case?"
[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 11:27 am: they are the ones behind the war out in the Georgia system
[] 11:27 am: Heck Ian and i go way back
[Zeenix] 11:27 am: "That guy was all about the war and the browncoats"
[] 11:27 am: Although i met him after the war during a barfight
[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 11:27 am: pro Browncoat faction taking advantage of the disruption caused by the Miranda Broadcast
[monster87] 11:27 am: "I didn't like Ian much"
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 11:28 am: Ah.
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 11:28 am: Why is everyone making it sound like they are the boogymen then?
[Zeenix] 11:28 am: "How very like you captain, you inspire the classiest sort of people."
[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 11:28 am: They have just about driven the Alliance out of the Georgia system because the fleet was so weakened by the battle over Mr Universe's Moon
[monster87] 11:28 am: "heh"
[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 11:29 am: They have started a Civil War trying to secede from the Alliance
[] 11:29 am: Hey i never said i was perfect used to be a bit of a drinker after the war but i packed my ways in sort of.
[] 11:29 am: Me and jackson however would tear things up always after Shore leave
[monster87] 11:30 am: who's jackson?
[Zeenix] 11:30 am: "Sort of? Its a good thing you aren't the pilot anymore."
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 11:30 am: sounds cool.
[] 11:30 am: What ya talking about i used to Pilot gunships back in my day even had an entire Squad under my command
[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 11:30 am: Thanks, I think it's an interesting metaplot
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 11:31 am: it is
[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 11:31 am: :-)
[Lazarus->] 11:31 am: Flight not squad. minor thing
[Zeenix] 11:31 am: "Yeah, but I wasn't there to die in a crash because you were drunk."
[] 11:31 am: (Flight Squadron ?)
[->Lazarus] 11:31 am: Flight Squadron ?
[Lazarus->] 11:32 am: four is a flight
[->Lazarus] 11:32 am: Oh okay
[Lazarus->] 11:32 am: three flights are a squadron
[] 11:32 am: (Entire Flight*)
[->Lazarus] 11:32 am: Sorry im not good with military terms
[->Lazarus] 11:32 am: thanks for correcting me
[Lazarus->] 11:32 am: no biggie. glad to help
[] 11:32 am: *Looks rather solemn* Jackson was my best friend only guy who bothered to talk to the rich kid just getting his first assignments
[Lazarus] 11:33 am: (Four planes is a flight. Two are an element, 12 are a squadron)
[] 11:33 am: Funny thing how people turn to bigots just cause your an Iskellian
[Zeenix] 11:33 am: "Although you being in the alliance does explain some things."
[->Lazarus] 11:33 am: Btw what would my Rank be ?
[->Lazarus] 11:33 am: Just Jo asking
[->Lazarus] 11:33 am: I think it was Liutenant or something i mentioned but i have no idea
[monster87] 11:34 am: "Anyway, I guess I got stuff to do, just wanted to make sure you got the message"
[] 11:34 am: Was in the alliance Zack i left for obvious reasons me and high command didnt see eye to eye Bombing of shadow startd it.
[] 11:34 am: Started*
[->Lazarus] 11:35 am: Or would it be
[->Lazarus] 11:35 am: Flight Commander
[Zeenix] 11:35 am: "You still fit the type"
[Lazarus->] 11:35 am: A flight is usually led by a 1st Lieutenant
[monster87] 11:36 am: * walks off *
[Zeenix] 11:37 am: *Looks around the room* "Well I guess everything is settled for now, expect the deal with the dandy."
[Zeenix] 11:37 am: "I don't know how long that guy takes to shower, but I think you can go see him now."
[] 11:38 am: Thanks Boomer *Saying before she leaves*
[Zeenix] 11:39 am: "While I think you should teach him a lesson... Dont break any bones captain."
[Zeenix] 11:39 am: "I've had enough of fixing him up for now."
[Zeenix] 11:40 am: *Zack grins and leaves the room*
[] 11:40 am: Im sure we can find a use for him
[] 11:40 am: I will go talk to him *Leaves his quarters to go find james*
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: monster87 has left at 11:42 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: monster87 has entered at 11:42 am+
[starjunky] 11:42 am: (bk
[monster87] 11:43 am: (wb star)
[] 11:43 am: As a matter of fact, it took surprisingly long for James to shower. Hey, despite popular belief, he didn't just wake up with perfection, it took a little maintenance. John would find James half way, on his way to meet him. James was wearing his suit pants, the suspenders off his shoulders and down hanging at his hips. His chest was bare as a towel was being used to dry his hair. Facial hair once more perfectly sculpted now. "Heard you were looking for me, John?" He didn't seem abashed in the
[Lazarus] 11:43 am: THe ship cruises on with you past the halfway point to Beylix
[] 11:43 am: slightest, in neither showing some skin for the nurses they picked up, nor in talking to the Captain.
[] 11:45 am: Yeah.... About your little stunt back on Beumonde
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: has left at 11:45 am+
[Zeenix] 11:46 am: (He seems to be avoiding the question
[Lazarus] 11:47 am: (SO you spaced him?)
[] 11:47 am: Yeah i threw him out the airlock
[Zeenix] 11:47 am: ( I think he committed suicide
[] 11:47 am: Just like Mal was about to do with mr Shiney
[Lazarus] 11:49 am: we'll continue onward for a bit, but I don't have much to stall if he has trouble logging back in
[] 11:49 am: Just continue we can... talk about it later
[Lazarus] 11:49 am: I do know he was thinking about living in one of the shuttles ala Inara
[] 11:50 am: Ah there he is
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: TheMagicalMick has entered at 11:50 am+
[TheMagicalMick] 11:51 am: (I am on my phone, shit just crashed fon my computer, not sure why.)
[] 11:51 am: Want to continue it later or you fine on your phone ?
[] 11:51 am: (Cause we can delay it til you get things fixed)
[Lazarus] 11:52 am: stuff happens, please continue, I want to see how this conversation goes
[TheMagicalMick] 11:52 am: (Not fine on my phone, rebooting my computer now.)
[Lazarus] 11:52 am: ok, we can hang out
[] 11:52 am: (kk)
[TheMagicalMick] 11:53 am: This chat is not very phone friendly. lol
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: TheMagicalMick has left at 11:53 am+
[Lazarus] 11:53 am: "Captain. May I have a word?" One of the nurses asks.
[starjunky] 11:53 am: (anybody else excited about new Prometheus movie? looks awsome
[Lazarus] 11:53 am: (no idea what that is star)
[Lazarus] 11:54 am: John thinks for a moment to remember his name is Jedidia Wilks
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: TheMagicalMick has entered at 11:54 am+
[TheMagicalMick] 11:54 am: (There we go.)
[starjunky] 11:54 am: (big budget possible prequel to Aliens
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: has left at 11:54 am+
[] 11:54 am: Now i know you might have had good intentions but dont you ever go bringing my crew along with your half assed plans again cause if you do we gonna have more then words *captain looks at the dandy with what might look like the intent to harm but you can never know with the captn* And from now on if you do anything to endanger the crew or me ya can say goodbye on a planet and be on ya own way from here on out, Ive been tolerant of your antics ever since we saved your ass back on reaver hell and
[] 11:55 am: You had the decency to tell me about Platz's plans but for the love of anything that is holy dont go thinking you can take down a gorram crime boss on your own with one of my gorram crewmembers.
[Lazarus] 11:55 am: (Scratch the nurse comment)
[] 11:55 am: Im giving you a chance here to redeem yourself in my eyes i done nothing but right by you and i suggest you start doing the same.
[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:56 am: roll int + d4+d2 This is the ship's alertness + d2 perception. The ship has a slightly better than average scanner suite.
[] 11:57 am: And if you still want to stay in one of the shuttles i will allow you because im that kind of man i believe in second chances
[] 11:58 am: And you should consider yourself lucky Zack here patched you together or your face would not be looking so mighty pretty right now
[] 11:59 am: but on my ship you follow my rules im a fair man i dont ask much from people and i suggest you do the same (Thats the end of the captains ear thrashing)
[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:59 am: Hello?
[TheMagicalMick] 11:59 am: It wasn't quite clear if the towel was rubbing Jame's ear as a sort of passive way to say who cares, or if he was just simply drying his ear, that was up for interpretation. "Way I see it, I ain't done nothing but right for you either. Your head of security, and the heads up I gave you. I could have ensured I escaped, and made 500 credits easy, respectively. A bullet ain't no worry for me, I've been shot at more times than most can count. I have no problem helping you out, or rather.. continuing
[TheMagicalMick] 12:00 pm: to help you out, but I don't know any mechanics, I can't fly, I can't patch up a man, nor is my body build for any sort of heavy lifting."
[] 12:01 pm: The way i see it you owe me for pissing off platz more your lucky i didnt leave your ass to him
[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4+d2)
[Lazarus] 12:02 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d4 (4)+ 1d2 (2) = 11


[TheMagicalMick] 12:03 pm: "Wouldn't of had to piss him off if you gave me a friendly heads up that I was landing in a ship on a planet where a man wanted you. The hell am I supposed to do with no warning when I walk into a room with four armed men and THEN find out you're not very liked by the biggest underground man on the planet?" Those sky blue hues started right back at John. James wasn't one to not speak his mind when he wanted.
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d4)
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm:

-> 1d10 (3)+ 1d4 (2) = 5


[TheMagicalMick] 12:03 pm: "Oh hey James, watch out, because my crew will get attacked and you'll be strongarmed because you came in on this ship. That's all a man asks for as far as a warning goes."
[] 12:05 pm: How the hell should i have known you were looking for work from the guy looking for us thats not my fault you never shared any details with me or my crew
[redwolffclaw] 12:05 pm: Guys I gotta head out. I am sorry but an emergency came up.
[TheMagicalMick] 12:05 pm: (Hope everything's okay.)
[monster87] 12:06 pm: (ok see ya next week red)
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: ok red
[redwolffclaw] 12:06 pm: (Just some stupid family stuff. I will hopefully be back before the game is over. May only take a short while. I am not sure.)
[redwolffclaw] 12:07 pm: I can stick around for a couple more minutes though.
[] 12:07 pm: Lurking round my gorram ship like you own the place i gave you a place to stay for free i even fed ya i told you i respect ya more because you told me about platz but you dont go making the gorram orders around what needs to be done
[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: From the bridge "Captain, you need to get up here ma shang!"
[] 12:07 pm: I said i would take care of it!
[TheMagicalMick] 12:07 pm: "Point remains, a heads up in the future would be loved. Specifically on a planet where I lose the ability to defend myself. No order, just a request for the future so I know where to not go tromping through the tulips so to speak."
[] 12:08 pm: *Punches his fists into the wall* Me and you still got stuff to sort out. *walks out to the bridge*
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:08 pm: Hah, it's rough not being much allowed to be agreeable or humble.
[] 12:09 pm: What you need Alex *Captain looks like hes in a foul mood*
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:09 pm: Damn Overconfident.
[->Lazarus] 12:09 pm: Can i punch the dandy if he keeps acting cocky after ?
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:09 pm: Anyway, know what the funny thing is?
[->Lazarus] 12:09 pm: Cause the captains at his limit
[->Lazarus] 12:09 pm: And im gonna use 6 plot points to send him flying if i can
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:10 pm: becareful the disads you take
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:10 pm: what's that?
[starjunky->Lazarus] 12:10 pm: oops, scroll was stuck
[Lazarus] 12:10 pm: (Not sure what happened to star)
[starjunky] 12:10 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4+d2)
[starjunky] 12:10 pm:

-> 1d6 (4)+ 1d4 (1)+ 1d2 (1) = 6


[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:10 pm: When I first said I wanted to use my contacts to look for a job, I had literally NOTHING on my mind other than a smuggling job.
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:10 pm: But I totally forgot to mention it.
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:10 pm: Lol
[starjunky] 12:10 pm: pm window scroll was stuck
[Lazarus->] 12:10 pm: you certainly knock him on his ass if you like
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:11 pm: One of those things where you've thought it enough, you forget to verbalize it.
[->Lazarus] 12:11 pm: Can i do that before i leave ?
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:11 pm: we'll go with my roll. :-)
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:11 pm: you've got a ship attempting to sneak up inyour wake
[starjunky] 12:12 pm: "got a ship tailing us it seems
[->Lazarus] 12:12 pm: Because i gave the dandy all the chances John would
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:12 pm: I rolled to see if you found Platz, it was not ordained
[->Lazarus] 12:12 pm: John dont suffer fools for to long.
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:12 pm: Yep
[Lazarus->] 12:12 pm: Sure, you could punch him
[->Lazarus] 12:12 pm: Not like i didnt try to pry it into the dandys head several times
[] 12:12 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8+1d12)
[] 12:12 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d8 (5)+ 1d12 (5) = 17


[->Lazarus] 12:12 pm: 17
[->Lazarus] 12:13 pm: I spent 6 plot points for that one punch
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:13 pm: I still don't get the logic jump from torching a warehouse at midnight in a low population area, to being wanted terrorists by the alliance.
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:13 pm: Lol
[] 12:13 pm: (Before the captain leaves )
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:13 pm: roll alertness + perception
[->Lazarus] 12:13 pm: I will hit him square in the jaw where it hurts
[] 12:13 pm: *Captain Punches the Dandy Square in the jaw*
[TheMagicalMick] 12:13 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[TheMagicalMick] 12:13 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (3) = 8


[Lazarus->] 12:13 pm: that is a called shot and you do not he has a head wound
[->Lazarus] 12:14 pm: Ah forgot about that
[->Lazarus] 12:14 pm: Well i just figured for dramatic effect was all
[redwolffclaw] 12:14 pm: LOL
[Lazarus->] 12:14 pm: 2d8 and a d12?
[->Lazarus] 12:15 pm: Thats plot points
[->Lazarus] 12:15 pm: If not its just a 7+5
[->Lazarus] 12:15 pm: either way a 12
[->Lazarus] 12:15 pm: or 17 if i used plot points i just wanted to knock him on his ass
[Lazarus->] 12:15 pm: up to you on the plot points
[->Lazarus] 12:16 pm: Well 12 to hit
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: Rot King has entered at 12:16 pm+
[->Lazarus] 12:16 pm: Screw the plot points then
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:16 pm: I take it my 8 wasn't sufficent for whatever it was?
[Lazarus->] 12:16 pm: ok
[Lazarus] 12:16 pm: (Hi king)
[->Lazarus] 12:16 pm: Just figured for dramatic effect
[Zeenix] 12:16 pm: (Damn it Captain, I told you no bone breaking)
[Rot King] 12:17 pm: ((hello, just curious, mind if I watch?))
[TheMagicalMick] 12:17 pm: (Lol)
[Zeenix] 12:17 pm: (You can watch)
[Lazarus] 12:17 pm: The captain's fist lashes out and lands a solid punch midbody on James, that in his weakened state leaves him doubled over on the deck with a blinding headache
[TheMagicalMick] 12:17 pm: (Only if you don't mind your face melting away like in Raiders of the Lost Ark.)
[TheMagicalMick] 12:18 pm: (How did he teleport from the bridge back to me, anyway?)
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:18 pm: you can roll agility
[] 12:18 pm: (I did it before i left but laz didnt reply)
[Lazarus->] 12:18 pm: ok
[] 12:18 pm: (So i hit the wall instead)
[] 12:18 pm: (BUt laz came back so thats why)
[TheMagicalMick] 12:18 pm: (Ahh)
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:19 pm: Just agility?
[TheMagicalMick] 12:19 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d10)
[TheMagicalMick] 12:19 pm:

-> 1d10 (7)


[redwolffclaw] 12:19 pm: ok going now. Hopefully be back.
[] 12:19 pm: *Looks at the dandy* You stay there and think about your actions i aint prone to fools on my ship you better think long and hard cause i aint saving your ass again
[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: (Doesn't change much with your wound Mick sorry. no permanent damage, but it hurt a lot)
[] 12:20 pm: (Storms off to the bridge)
[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: ok back on the bridge: [starjunky] 12:12 pm: "got a ship tailing us it seems
[Zeenix] 12:20 pm: (I wish Zack was there)
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:20 pm: innate defense
[TheMagicalMick] 12:21 pm: "Well a cheap shot to a wounded man isn't exactly sporting..." James muttered to himself as he laid down there, slowly trying to compose himself before rolling over onto his back and putting his hands behind his head, laying there for a second.
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:21 pm: Ah
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:21 pm: an 8 got you innate defense, you would have needed an 11 to get full defense
[] 12:21 pm: *storms in to the bridge looking mighty unhappy* What type of ship Alex
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:21 pm: roll int + d4+d2 again
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:22 pm: In other words, 1 more than my max. Lol
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:22 pm: What would happen if I had an 11?
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:22 pm: you would have gotten agility+athletics
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:23 pm: To beat a 17?
[starjunky] 12:23 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4+d2)
[starjunky] 12:23 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d4 (2)+ 1d2 (1) = 5


[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:23 pm: He's awfully good at punching... or is that because it's a sneak attack? Lol
[->Lazarus] 12:24 pm: Tbh i wanted to avoid this kind of party conflic but the captain cant avoid trying to keep his crew safe after all the leniancy he gave james
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:24 pm: mid build freighter and a fast one, that's about all you can find
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:25 pm: he deleted the d12 from plot points. the attack was only 12
[starjunky] 12:25 pm: "seems to be mid-build freighter, and 2nd fast one, not very precise scan
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:25 pm: the 11 on the perception roll would have given you full defense, you would have had to still roll
[Lazarus->] 12:25 pm: I agree
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:25 pm: Ah
[] 12:26 pm: Try hailing it.
[Lazarus] 12:26 pm: The com begins to blink
[starjunky] 12:26 pm: "rgr, hailing now
[Lazarus] 12:27 pm: "Freighter Fire Angel. This is the Independent Forces Ship Zephyr. You are ordered to heave to and prepare to be boarded."
[monster87] 12:28 pm: * comes on deck * "What's going on?"
[Lazarus] 12:29 pm: The other ship continues to close and is currently at long range
[] 12:29 pm: This is the captain speaking may i enquire why you wish to board us we are a neutral medical ship
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:30 pm: So I really wish I knew it was a 100% good party, I would have made my other character concept instead. Lol
[Lazarus] 12:30 pm: "You are carrying supplies for the Alliance voiding your neutrality. Prepare to be boarded or fired upon. This is your last warning."
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:31 pm: I didn't Ian would leave
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:31 pm: +know
[] 12:31 pm: Are you gorram crazy were carrying supplies given to us by donation to help the sick and wounded of the rim
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:31 pm: unless you make a piloting roll, they will close to medium range
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:31 pm: And then two new people would join.. both of whom are good? Lol
[starjunky] 12:32 pm: ok, piloting roll to evade, with 2 pps
[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: "Call it whatever you like you Purplebelly. Cut your engines or we will cut them for you."
[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: ok star
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:32 pm: Go figure
[starjunky] 12:32 pm: (d6+d12+d4+d4, is that right?
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:33 pm: It's to the point where I am the dark horse.
[monster87] 12:33 pm: "What is going on?! Are the frigging alliance trying to rob us of the medical supplies?"
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:33 pm: I might just make a new character at the next planet.
[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: d8+d12+d4
[starjunky] 12:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12+d4)
[starjunky] 12:34 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d12 (3)+ 1d4 (1) = 9


[] 12:34 pm: Fire on this unarmed ship and your no gorram better then the alliance or is that what your intent is blow up everyone you see without cause or notion.
[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: ship's agility is normally d4, but your born behind the wheel boosts that to d8, your piloting skill is d12+d4
[monster87] 12:34 pm: "Ah so it's not alliance? Is it the neo-browncoats trying to rob us then?"
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:34 pm: Up to you, I think james adds an interesting dynamic
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm:

-> 2d10 (10,4 = 14)


[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:35 pm: Except I am the singular one.
[] 12:35 pm: (cant i roll a persuasion or something or conversation)
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: the ship turns out to be extremely maneuverable and closes to medium range
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: "Okay Fire Angel. We'll do this the hard way!"
[] 12:35 pm: Hit hardburn alex lets get out of here
[Lazarus] 12:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d4)
[Lazarus] 12:36 pm:

-> 1d10 (1)+ 1d4 (1) = 2


[Lazarus] 12:36 pm: eep
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:36 pm: I have like 1/2 of a conspirator.. or less.
[] 12:36 pm: OH SNAP
[] 12:36 pm: Please tell me they blow a casket or something
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:36 pm: ok
[Lazarus] 12:36 pm: All you can tell is the ship didn't fire
[] 12:37 pm: Hit hard burn Alex gogo
[Lazarus] 12:37 pm: roll the piloting alex
[] 12:38 pm: *Ships Coms* We are being followed by Independants who are after our medical supplies they wont listen to reason brace yourselves incase the ship is fired on we are hitting hard burn Boomer get the ship ready !
[Lazarus] 12:38 pm: boomer, roll int + repairs
[starjunky] 12:38 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12+d4)
[starjunky] 12:38 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d12 (9)+ 1d4 (4) = 19


[monster87] 12:39 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12)
[monster87] 12:39 pm:

-> 2d12 (8,12 = 20)


[monster87] 12:39 pm: 20 woot
[Lazarus] 12:39 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[Lazarus] 12:39 pm:

-> 2d10 (6,9 = 15)


[Lazarus] 12:39 pm: the Fire angel leaps forward and thanks to alex's skill moves to long range
[Zeenix] 12:39 pm: "..Hmm?" *Zack gets up from his comfy chair in the infirmary and starts heading to the bridge*
[] 12:39 pm: *Ships coms* Zack see to the dandy incase i broke his ribs when i punched him earlier will you *you can hear the captain sighing*
[Lazarus] 12:40 pm: but alex glances down and sees that the other ship isn't dropping off like he thought it would...the other ship is faster!
[Lazarus] 12:40 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d8)
[Lazarus] 12:40 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d8 (3) = 8


[Zeenix] 12:40 pm: "... That little.."
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: some how boomer managed to squeeze a little more speed out and that still isn't enough to break away from the other ship
[Zeenix] 12:41 pm: *Zack goes to search for him*
[] 12:41 pm: (Sigh a ship faster then the pride)
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: alex pilot
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d8)
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d8 (6) = 14


[] 12:42 pm: im going to send a wave on the cortex that we are being chased by Indepentant forces and that we are being wrongfully accused of being Alliance supporters
[] 12:42 pm: Our Mission is strictly neutral
[Lazarus] 12:42 pm: ok gabel
[Zeenix] 12:42 pm: *Zack arrives and finds the dandy lying on the floor*
[starjunky] 12:42 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12+d4)
[starjunky] 12:42 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d12 (2)+ 1d4 (2) = 10


[Lazarus] 12:42 pm: You are still about 6 hours from Beylix
[Lazarus] 12:42 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[Lazarus] 12:42 pm:

-> 2d10 (5,3 = 8)


[Lazarus] 12:42 pm: the ships stay at long range
[Lazarus] 12:43 pm: boomer is not sure how much longer she can provide the extra speed without causing some damage
[Zeenix] 12:43 pm: "..." *Zack stands silently, first with a big smile on his face then a frown*
[Lazarus] 12:43 pm: rolls from both alex and boomer same skills as before
[monster87] 12:44 pm: "Not sure how long our baby can hold this.."
[starjunky] 12:44 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12+d4)
[starjunky] 12:44 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d12 (9)+ 1d4 (3) = 14


[Lazarus] 12:44 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[Lazarus] 12:44 pm:

-> 2d10 (3,5 = 8)


[] 12:44 pm: *On coms* believe in her boomer thats what i do
[Lazarus] 12:44 pm: the fire angel is pulling away slowly, but the strain is causing ever gauge in the engine room to red line
[Zeenix] 12:45 pm: *Zack kicks him softly to his side* "You conscious there cowboy?"
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:45 pm: that REALLY hurt
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:45 pm: So... whats the word on Ravenwood sort of groups in Firefly?
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:45 pm: ravenwood?
[] 12:46 pm: *On coms to boomer* If you cant keep the speed up booms dont break her she can only do as much as she wants to
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:46 pm: Yeah, the various different like... private military contractors.
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:46 pm: you figure three more rools at this speed tops before something important gives
[] 12:46 pm: *On coms* Dont want bits flying off before we reach our destination.
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:46 pm: a merc? Up to the goody two shoes if he wants one
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:46 pm: rolls*
[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: boomer another int + mech
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:47 pm: what's that in a measerable time unit in the game ;)
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:47 pm: so I can respond to the captain
[monster87] 12:47 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12)
[monster87] 12:47 pm:

-> 2d12 (10,10 = 20)


[monster87] 12:47 pm: another 20, lol i'm on a roll
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:47 pm: five or six minutes
[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: she said roll
[monster87] 12:47 pm: * On comms * "She's going to hold this 5 minutes more, tops"
[TheMagicalMick] 12:48 pm: "I've shot people for less... but I figured this as good place as any to be when the ship explodes and we experience some zero g, explosive decompression." James spoke simply as he just sort of laid there, hands under his head, one leg up so the foot was planted down while the other stretched out, his hat tilted over his eyes slightly.
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:48 pm: I mean, do they exist?
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 12:48 pm: And what kind of status do they hold?
[starjunky] 12:48 pm: "Come on Angel, we've had worse!
[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: roll again alex
[starjunky] 12:48 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12+d4)
[starjunky] 12:48 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d12 (7)+ 1d4 (2) = 16


[] 12:49 pm: *On coms to the other ship* Look i dont know why you are attacking us but if you read about our endevour in the cortex im sure you will find our mission is pure and has nothing to do with the alliance
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:49 pm: given the 20, I'll say you still have three rolls
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm:

-> 2d10 (7,3 = 10)


[redwolffclaw] 12:49 pm: back
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:49 pm: If and it's a big IF boomer can maintain this speed, you may just be able to out run them
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: (hey red)
[Lazarus] 12:50 pm: boomer roll, then alex
[starjunky] 12:50 pm: "if we can hold this speed, we may just outrun them!
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 12:50 pm: is there a way I can say something to them?
[monster87] 12:50 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12)
[monster87] 12:50 pm:

-> 2d12 (8,5 = 13)


[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 12:50 pm: to make them stop chasing us?
[Zeenix] 12:50 pm: "So, do you want me to help you up, or will I ask a nurse?"
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 12:50 pm: mercs? Sure they exist and depens on the outfit, some are held in good esteem, others not so much
[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 12:51 pm: I doubt if harsh language is going to scare them
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 12:51 pm: i can pull rank if they even care.
[jpatterson->Lazarus] 12:51 pm: got headache but coming in to watch a couple mins if ok
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 12:51 pm: if they are browncoats.
[starjunky] 12:51 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12+d4)
[starjunky] 12:51 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d12 (10)+ 1d4 (4) = 16


[Lazarus->jpatterson] 12:51 pm: sure
[Lazarus->jpatterson] 12:51 pm: sorry about the head ache
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: jpatterson has entered at 12:51 pm+
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:52 pm: two more rolls. you have to get at least 15
[starjunky] 12:52 pm: (hey JP
[Lazarus] 12:52 pm: (hey jp)
[TheMagicalMick] 12:52 pm: "By the time we're in the clear, I will be fine to get up. Appreciate the concern though."
[] 12:52 pm: (Hey jp)
[jpatterson] 12:52 pm: ((hi all, spectator mode on))
[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 12:52 pm: you can try, but you figure you'll will have to roll off the charts for that one to fly
[Zeenix] 12:52 pm: "So you're going to stay down there then?"
[Lazarus] 12:52 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[Lazarus] 12:52 pm:

-> 2d10 (3,2 = 5)


[monster87] 12:53 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12)
[monster87] 12:53 pm:

-> 2d12 (9,7 = 16)


[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 12:53 pm: i can at least try.
[monster87] 12:53 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12)
[monster87] 12:53 pm:

-> 2d12 (11,4 = 15)


[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 12:53 pm: sure
[redwolffclaw] 12:53 pm: "Captain. I might be able to help reason with them...
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:53 pm: job's done
[Zeenix] 12:53 pm: "Fine by me, I was going to go find something to drink and calm my nerves."
[] 12:53 pm: Jo if you can do so get up here
[] 12:53 pm: Unless your on the bridge then i give the coms to you
[redwolffclaw] 12:53 pm: I would be on the bridge.
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:54 pm: if you can outroll them two more times, you'll break free
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:54 pm: go ahead and roll, and let me counter
[starjunky->Lazarus] 12:54 pm: remind me, each pp spent raises which die?
[Lazarus] 12:54 pm: The fire angel screams as she flies faster than she ever had
[] 12:54 pm: *Hands the coms to jo*
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:54 pm: it adds another die
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:55 pm: one die type per point
[starjunky->Lazarus] 12:55 pm: ok 2 pp this roll
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 12:55 pm: do I just say my rank and from independence or what?
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:55 pm: 1 = d2, 2 = d4 etc
[starjunky] 12:55 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12+d4+d4)
[starjunky] 12:55 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d12 (10)+ 1d4 (2)+ 1d4 (3) = 20


[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 12:55 pm: That would be a start
[starjunky] 12:55 pm: (2 pp left
[Lazarus] 12:55 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[Lazarus] 12:55 pm:

-> 2d10 (5,6 = 11)


[starjunky] 12:55 pm: (2 more pp
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:55 pm: one more
[redwolffclaw] 12:55 pm: Hostile vessel this is 2nd Lieutenant Josephine Gleason of the independence movement. What is your business in pursuing this vessel?
[starjunky] 12:56 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12+d4+d4)
[starjunky] 12:56 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d12 (12)+ 1d4 (4)+ 1d4 (2) = 24


[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: nice
[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[Lazarus] 12:56 pm:

-> 2d10 (7,8 = 15)


[redwolffclaw] 12:56 pm: (I will spend 4 plot points.)
[starjunky] 12:56 pm: "booyah! w'ere gonna make (I think)
[redwolffclaw] 12:56 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6+1d8)
[redwolffclaw] 12:56 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (6)+ 1d8 (4) = 16


[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: Through skill and speed, alex somehow manages to slip out of range
[Lazarus] 12:57 pm: everyone on the bridge roll int + know
[] 12:57 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d2)
[] 12:57 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d2 (1) = 2


[redwolffclaw] 12:57 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[redwolffclaw] 12:57 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (6) = 14


[redwolffclaw] 12:57 pm: NICE
[Lazarus] 12:57 pm: SHE"S A WITCH!!!!
[] 12:57 pm: Nice my brain is a piece of plegm
[starjunky] 12:57 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[starjunky] 12:57 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d4 (3) = 5


[Lazarus] 12:57 pm: She turned the Dandy into a newt!
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: Rot King has left at 12:57 pm+
[redwolffclaw] 12:57 pm: (ROFL)
[] 12:58 pm: I hope so id keep him in a jar in my room
[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 12:58 pm: you realize that if you send another transmission they will be able to track you
[] 12:58 pm: Keep him out of trouble
[TheMagicalMick] 12:58 pm: (What?... I got better....)
[monster87] 12:58 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6)
[monster87] 12:58 pm:

-> 1d12 (11)+ 1d6 (4) = 15


[monster87] 12:58 pm: (sorry for the late roll)
[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: not on the bridge boomer
[monster87] 12:58 pm: ow ok, i was afk for a minute, so I missed that
[Lazarus->starjunky] 12:59 pm: you do know you've got to slow down or you'll destroy the engines
[Lazarus] 12:59 pm: (np)
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:59 pm: you do know you've got to slow down or you'll destroy the engines
[starjunky] 12:59 pm: "throlling back Boomer - good job!
[monster87] 1:00 pm: "Hah I did nothing, you're the amazing pilot!"
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 1:00 pm: Oh... can I take that back then?
[Lazarus] 1:00 pm: however, Jo knows that a faster ship like the Zephyr can get to Beylix before you do
[monster87] 1:00 pm: "But now we gotta slow down, cuz we're destroying our engines
[] 1:00 pm: *Coms* The ship has been eluded for now we can rest easy good job everybody
[Lazarus] 1:00 pm: You all can figure out you've got a couple of hard choices
[redwolffclaw] 1:00 pm: They can beat us to our destination capitain
[Zeenix] 1:00 pm: *Zack goes around his things, not finding anything to drink, and comes back to Dandy*
[Lazarus] 1:01 pm: you can turn back to Beaumonde, you can choose a different planet for your first stop, or you can try and elude the other ship
[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 1:01 pm: you sent the one message before you got out of range
[] 1:01 pm: I think its time to make a crybaby so we can elude those gorram insane blighters
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 1:02 pm: oh ok. so maybe it will make them think twice
[] 1:02 pm: But im guessing we wont have enough time for that ?
[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 1:02 pm: another one however will give away your position
[] 1:02 pm: Although we got plenty of scrap
[Zeenix] 1:02 pm: "Hear that? Seems like we managed it. Get your ass up, the captain made me check up on you. If you lay here when he gets around he'll think im slacking around"
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:03 pm: you are going to have to slow to normal burn to make some adjustments as there was too much stain placed on the engines for hard burn right now
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:03 pm: building a cry baby will take about an hour
[Lazarus->] 1:03 pm: bulding a cry baby only takes about an hour
[->Lazarus] 1:03 pm: Okay crybaby it is
[->Lazarus] 1:03 pm: I will help do the metalworking
[Zeenix] 1:03 pm: *Zack gives an encouraging kick*
[monster87] 1:03 pm: * on Comms * "We need to slow down to normal burn and I need to make some adjustments because the engines are almost fried. And after that a crybaby would take an hour or so"
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 1:03 pm: I figure if the douchers who the government hire in the middle east can make $200,000-400,000 a year, surely there's money in that shit in Firefly. Lol
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 1:03 pm: wont send another. Will give me something to work with if we meet again
[] 1:03 pm: *on coms* Booms gonna need some help building a crybaby*
[Lazarus->] 1:04 pm: no metal working really need. the one in the series was inside a large can of tomoatoes I think
[] 1:04 pm: *Shut her down Booms i did say dont overexert her but good job either way*
[->Lazarus] 1:04 pm: Ah okay
[redwolffclaw] 1:04 pm: "If they come back i will try to talk to them. Otherwise if I try now our position will be given away."
[Lazarus] 1:04 pm: (RUN SILENT, RUN DEEP AYE)
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: jpatterson has left at 1:04 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:05 pm: alex powers down and goes dark
[TheMagicalMick] 1:05 pm: "You should really stop that kicking..." There was little to no humor in his voice this time as he slowly hefted himself back up to hit feet and fixed his hat.
[starjunky] 1:05 pm: "boy howdee do I need a Cig after that close one
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 1:05 pm: maybe, doubt if any will get that sort of pay here though
[Zeenix] 1:05 pm: "You should stop getting hurt"
[monster87] 1:05 pm: "Ok we're running dark, I'll go make the crybaby then"
[monster87] 1:06 pm: (int+mech eng?)
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:06 pm: int + tech repairs to make the thing
[monster87] 1:06 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12)
[monster87] 1:06 pm:

-> 2d12 (3,7 = 10)


[Lazarus] 1:06 pm: what are you going to program the cry baby to say?
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:06 pm: 10 enough?
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:07 pm: you have the feeling an 11 is more effective
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:07 pm: ill invest a pp then
[Lazarus] 1:07 pm: alex, boomer, and jo each earn 2 plot points for the escape, Z and james earn 1 for their interaction
[] 1:07 pm: This is the Incendia Angelus Captain John Helios Iskellian requests assistance from a band of Indepentants who claim we are on a mission from the alliance we are a neutral ship only here on medical service we require any aid you can send
[] 1:07 pm: Would be a good message
[] 1:08 pm: Requesting assistance
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:08 pm: otay
[Lazarus] 1:09 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4+d2)
[Lazarus] 1:09 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d4 (4)+ 1d2 (1) = 10


[Lazarus] 1:09 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4+d2)
[Lazarus] 1:09 pm:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d4 (3)+ 1d2 (1) = 8


[] 1:10 pm: No plot points for little old me
[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4+d2)
[Lazarus] 1:10 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d4 (2)+ 1d2 (2) = 10


[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: okay an hour passes and the cry baby is ready
[] 1:10 pm: Bah i dont get plot points for giving orders i guess
[redwolffclaw] 1:10 pm: i think you should have gotten plot points for the moving speech
[] 1:10 pm: See ! wheres my candy laz !
[monster87] 1:10 pm: i think laz sometimes forgets to spray us with pp's ;)
[Lazarus] 1:11 pm: uploads Gabel a box of Good and Plenty
[] 1:11 pm: YAY candy
[Zeenix] 1:11 pm: I feel like I have too much PeePee, I never use it.
[] 1:11 pm: *Starts munching*
[monster87] 1:11 pm: every session you reset to 6 pp zeenix
[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: alex good detectthe other ship trying to find your ship
[Zeenix] 1:12 pm: I know.
[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: what are your orders captain?
[] 1:12 pm: Btw did i get a plot point or not for interaction cause i kinda feel like im being left out completely here
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: oh, right, 1 plot point to the cpatin for the sucker punch
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: captain even
[] 1:13 pm: See punching people should feel good
[] 1:14 pm: We move close enough for the crybaby to be effective then we hightail it around to the planet
[] 1:14 pm: And activate it before we are in any reach of scanners
[] 1:14 pm: Basically take the long route around
[] 1:14 pm: Leave the crybaby in our current path.
[Lazarus] 1:15 pm: ok....to represent the approach, alex is going to have to roll int + astrogation, then base piloting + d4 for ship's int 3 times
[Lazarus] 1:16 pm: Take it away Mr Brogan!
[monster87] 1:16 pm: Ill be doing repairs I guess for the next hard burn
[Lazarus] 1:17 pm: go ahead and do that now boomer as you have some time
[monster87] 1:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12)
[monster87] 1:18 pm:

-> 2d12 (2,10 = 12)


[starjunky] 1:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)
[starjunky] 1:18 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d8 (8) = 9


[monster87->Lazarus] 1:18 pm: how many rolls do I need and what's the target ? I still got rerolls
[] 1:18 pm: So Jo you said you were an Independant but heck a 2nd lieutenant. im guess i made the right choice bringing you aboard. *smiles*
[redwolffclaw] 1:18 pm: "I will stay on the bridge. Kinda concerns me that someone tried to get us. Might be platz trying to cause some trouble by telling people crap about us."
[starjunky] 1:18 pm: that was int plus astrog
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: ok, the course is layed in
[->Lazarus] 1:19 pm: To ma TOE !
[starjunky] 1:19 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[starjunky] 1:19 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d4 (1) = 7


[starjunky] 1:19 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[starjunky] 1:19 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d4 (3) = 6


[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 1:19 pm: Ewww, Jo was a butter bar? Lol
[starjunky] 1:19 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[starjunky] 1:19 pm:

-> 1d6 (4)+ 1d4 (1) = 5


[Lazarus->] 1:19 pm: only if YOU drop one on your foot
[->Lazarus] 1:19 pm: lol
[->Lazarus] 1:19 pm: :D
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d4+d2)
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm:

-> 2d4 (2,1 = 3) + 1d2 (1) = 4


[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d4+d2)
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm:

-> 2d4 (3,4 = 7) + 1d2 (2) = 9


[redwolffclaw] 1:19 pm: "Yeah. I was pretty young but I think at that time we were running low on officers."
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 1:19 pm: I think she'd only be less respected if she was... anything E1-E4. Lol
[Lazarus] 1:20 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d4+d2)
[Lazarus] 1:20 pm:

-> 2d4 (1,3 = 4) + 1d2 (1) = 5


[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 1:20 pm: And then the E-4 is debatable if they're a Corporal, not a Specialist. Hah
[] 1:20 pm: Yes .... The independants were sorely outnumbered High command were very sure of their victory when i was still in the military *sighs*
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 1:20 pm: the browncoats seemed a little different, but not a lot
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:21 pm: you didn't have anything blow out, so a 12 is good
[Lazarus] 1:21 pm: you make your way toward Beylix and as you trigger the crybaby, the other ship goes for it at first
[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: but then in the battle of thebeams as it were, the other ship soon figures out the decoy and puts on an impressive burst of spped
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 1:22 pm: Everyone knows you just need to be a First Sergeant and then you're clearly the highest ranked motherfucker around. Just ask any First Sergeant.
[TheMagicalMick->Lazarus] 1:22 pm: Lol
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 1:22 pm: Indeed
[Lazarus->TheMagicalMick] 1:22 pm: it's a great gig
[Lazarus->starjunky] 1:23 pm: they are on to you and coming on fast
[starjunky] 1:23 pm: "crybaby is humped Boomer, need speed now Plz!
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: you are perhaps 3 hours out of Belyx
[] 1:24 pm: Btw i did still send the wave on the cortex about us being chased
[] 1:24 pm: 6 hours out
[] 1:24 pm: Right ?
[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: even with a 2 step penaly, they out rolled alex 2 out of 3
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: back to boomer's int+ mech eng and then alex's d8+d12+d4
[monster87] 1:25 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12)
[monster87] 1:25 pm:

-> 2d12 (7,3 = 10)


[monster87] 1:25 pm: target was 15 right? geuss I'll reroll that?
[starjunky] 1:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12+d4+d2)
[starjunky] 1:26 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d12 (4)+ 1d4 (2)+ 1d2 (2) = 9


[starjunky] 1:26 pm: ( spent 1 pp
[] 1:26 pm: Okay im about to say it but
[] 1:26 pm: Cant i activate leadership
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:26 pm: target still 15 laz?
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:26 pm: yes
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: you can if you like
[monster87] 1:27 pm: ah yeah leadership would help here
[monster87] 1:27 pm: can we reroll xD
[monster87] 1:27 pm: ?
[] 1:27 pm: Activated
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: boomer can reroll due to her things go smooth
[monster87] 1:27 pm: what kind of bonus is that again?
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: next roll can have john's bonus
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: two steps
[monster87] 1:27 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12)
[monster87] 1:27 pm:

-> 2d12 (3,12 = 15)


[monster87] 1:27 pm: ok nailed this one
[monster87] 1:28 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12+1d4)
[monster87] 1:28 pm:

-> 2d12 (2,10 = 12) + 1d4 (4) = 16


[monster87] 1:28 pm: and the second one
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm:

-> 2d10 (1,6 = 7)


[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: slow down boomer
[monster87] 1:28 pm: soz
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: okay alex roll again
[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: 2d8+d12 with the bonus
[starjunky] 1:29 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12+d4+d2)
[starjunky] 1:29 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d12 (1)+ 1d4 (4)+ 1d2 (2) = 14


[starjunky] 1:29 pm: (spent last pp
[starjunky] 1:29 pm: oops
[starjunky] 1:30 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8+d12+d2)
[starjunky] 1:30 pm:

-> 2d8 (1,6 = 7) + 1d12 (3)+ 1d2 (1) = 11


[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: we'll take the higher
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm:

-> 2d10 (5,9 = 14)


[starjunky] 1:30 pm: lol, thx
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: the other ship is hovering just outside of long range
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: roll again boomer, then alex wit the bonus
[monster87] 1:31 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12+1d4)
[monster87] 1:31 pm:

-> 2d12 (5,2 = 7) + 1d4 (4) = 11


[monster87] 1:31 pm: damn it reroll
[monster87] 1:31 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12+1d4)
[monster87] 1:31 pm:

-> 2d12 (6,4 = 10) + 1d4 (2) = 12


[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: kk
[monster87] 1:31 pm: god damn, i guess 3 pp
[monster87] 1:31 pm: to make it 15
[starjunky] 1:31 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8+d12)
[starjunky] 1:31 pm:

-> 2d8 (1,4 = 5) + 1d12 (9) = 14


[Lazarus->monster87] 1:31 pm: the primary manifold pressure just went off the scale
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:32 pm: if you do not slow down, something important is going to rupture
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm:

-> 2d10 (9,2 = 11)


[monster87] 1:32 pm: * On comms * "We've reached her limit, if we don't throttle back now, something important is going to tear"
[starjunky] 1:33 pm: "gotcha Booms, relaxing throttle
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:33 pm: .. is that without using pp's? or with?
[] 1:33 pm: *Coms* Just keep her in working order dont break anything
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:33 pm: I hadn't seen the plot points before I sent the message, so you've got a bit more time
[monster87] 1:34 pm: * On comms * "on it
[] 1:34 pm: Alex im relying on you to keep us out of their range show me what you got and im buying the first pack of smokes and drinks on Beylix
[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: roll boomer
[monster87] 1:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12+1d4)
[monster87] 1:34 pm:

-> 2d12 (7,11 = 18) + 1d4 (4) = 22


[monster87] 1:34 pm: boowa
[starjunky] 1:34 pm: "Aye Boss - will do our best
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: somehow boomer finds some hidden reserve
[] 1:35 pm: Jo see if you cant reason with these idiots following us.
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: the howling from the engine room is nothing short of ghastly as the engines deliver more power than they were ever meant to put out
[] 1:35 pm: Alex werent you former Indepentant cant you make them see reason or something
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: roll alex
[starjunky] 1:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8+d12)
[starjunky] 1:36 pm:

-> 2d8 (7,8 = 15) + 1d12 (6) = 21


[] 1:36 pm: Fuck yes
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: Jo can also roll
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm:

-> 2d10 (10,10 = 20)


[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: max q, keeps them in the mix
[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: you are up boomer
[starjunky] 1:37 pm: "Cap'n - my poor lil brainpan can only do one thing at a time...
[monster87] 1:37 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12+1d4)
[monster87] 1:37 pm:

-> 2d12 (4,6 = 10) + 1d4 (3) = 13


[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: 2 plot points?
[monster87] 1:38 pm: .. i don't have 2 pp anymore :(
[monster87] 1:38 pm: only 1
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: oh, bummer
[redwolffclaw] 1:38 pm: Ok i will try to make them see reason
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:38 pm: now the engines can not take any more
[] 1:38 pm: Doesnt boomer benefit from leadership ?
[monster87] 1:38 pm: thats the 1d4
[] 1:38 pm: Ah
[] 1:38 pm: thought that was pp
[] 1:38 pm: Didnt you get 2 extra pp earlier ?
[monster87] 1:38 pm: * On comms * "That's really all I can get out of her Cap'n. Alex you've gotta slow down now!"
[monster87] 1:39 pm: did we get pp? cuz then I still have
[] 1:39 pm: You got 2 pp
[redwolffclaw] 1:39 pm: You sure you want me to say something to them? It will give away our position and make the cry baby useless and all the fancy flying alex did for nothing
[monster87] 1:39 pm: well then I still have 2 and use them
[starjunky] 1:39 pm: "alrighty Boomer, pulling back
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: roll alex
[] 1:39 pm: (Their already following us red)
[starjunky] 1:39 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8+d12)
[starjunky] 1:39 pm:

-> 2d8 (3,5 = 8) + 1d12 (7) = 15


[] 1:39 pm: And Boomer can use her 2 pp because she got 2 pp from laz earlier)
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm:

-> 2d10 (5,2 = 7)


[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: roll boomer
[monster87] 1:40 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12+1d4)
[monster87] 1:40 pm:

-> 2d12 (3,3 = 6) + 1d4 (3) = 9


[monster87] 1:40 pm: well then that's the end
[] 1:40 pm: [Lazarus] 9:07 pm: alex, boomer, and jo each earn 2 plot points for the escape, Z and james earn 1 for their interaction
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: OKAY. no more rerolls or plot points, the engines are done!
[starjunky] 1:40 pm: "oh crap
[monster87] 1:41 pm: lol yeah.. if I have to keep rolling 15 and have to do it 8 times, I'm bound to fail eventually xD
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: You were pushing speed 8 engines to 9
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: sort of like scotty. th' engines canna take any more capt'n!
[] 1:42 pm: Well i did tell Boomer MANY times not to over exert the fucking engines
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: Zainredding has left at 1:42 pm+
[redwolffclaw] 1:42 pm: Ok. I at least got their attention
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: she will have to roll another 15 now just to maintain hard burn
[redwolffclaw] 1:42 pm: with the first transmission
[Lazarus] 1:43 pm: "Lieutenant Gleasaon, you should be on our side and convincing your allies to stand down."
[] 1:43 pm: And i gave the coms to you jo
[redwolffclaw] 1:43 pm: I hail the independent's ship
[Lazarus] 1:43 pm: "That ship has supplies that The Cause needs and right now you are aiding the enemy."
[monster87] 1:43 pm: do I need to roll more? I guess I'm repairing as much as I can quickly
[Lazarus] 1:43 pm: roll boomer
[monster87] 1:44 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12+1d4)
[monster87] 1:44 pm:

-> 2d12 (7,12 = 19) + 1d4 (2) = 21


[monster87] 1:44 pm: that's better
[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: you keep hard burn going, but the other ship's speed is allowing it to close
[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: "You are ordered to heave to, or by the Buddha, we WILL open fire."
[redwolffclaw] 1:45 pm: "I disagree. I am not aiding the enemy. I am on a neutral ship going around giving medical supplies to the lesser fortunate. The independent cause used to be about what the people need. You seem to be only caring about yourselves at the moment."
[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: roll boomer
[monster87] 1:45 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12+1d4)
[monster87] 1:45 pm:

-> 2d12 (12,12 = 24) + 1d4 (2) = 26


[monster87] 1:45 pm: ow yeah
[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: nice
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: the ship however still closes to long ange
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: range
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: A stern chase is a long one, but with you being 2 hours out from the planet...
[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: how much longer boomer can keep hard burn going is anyone
[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: 's guess
[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: and speaking of boomer, roll please
[monster87] 1:47 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12+1d4)
[monster87] 1:47 pm:

-> 2d12 (9,1 = 10) + 1d4 (4) = 14


[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 24]: jpatterson has left at 1:47 pm+
[monster87] 1:47 pm: I can use my very last pp to make it 15
[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: clunk
[monster87] 1:48 pm: if it still helps
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: ok
[Zeenix] 1:48 pm: (I'll go take a shower quick, since im not needed)
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: alex roll
[] 1:48 pm: What i dont see is why does hardburn tear the engines to shreds ?
[] 1:48 pm: I mean could we not just have well used hardburn on speed 8
[starjunky] 1:48 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8+d12)
[starjunky] 1:48 pm:

-> 2d8 (2,4 = 6) + 1d12 (1) = 7


[redwolffclaw] 1:48 pm: "You are about to open fire on a neutral civilian medical ship. Do you really want that kind of blood on the independent's hands? It isnt like we are exactly popular right now and doing this will completely destroy any good press the independent's have gotten since Miranda."
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: it was pushing the engines past max that is the problem
[Lazarus] 1:49 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[Lazarus] 1:49 pm:

-> 2d10 (8,9 = 17)


[redwolffclaw] 1:49 pm: (are they saying anything back?)
[] 1:49 pm: And we gorram well have done nothing to provoke an attack
[] 1:50 pm: They blow us up the supplies we have go out with the ship
[] 1:50 pm: Are they stupid ?
[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: however, despite all of boomer's and alex's efforts, the other ship squeaks into medium range. And they make a comment of sorts when a missile spits from their ship
[starjunky] 1:50 pm: "Incoming!
[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: FADE TO BLACK