Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 5:15 pm+
[Gabel]
5:15 pm: Welcome to P&PG Chat.
[General Chatter]: Jayzilla has entered at 5:17 pm+
[General Chatter]: WYRD has entered at 5:23 pm+
[General Chatter]: has left at 5:23 pm+
[General Chatter]: Gunhaven has entered at 5:29 pm+
[General Chatter]: redwolffclaw has entered at 5:31 pm+
[General Chatter]: has left at 5:36 pm+
[] 5:36 pm: I created room "Serenity Session 22"
Welcome! You have entered [Serenity Session 22] at 5:36 pm+
[Serenity Session 22]: has entered at 5:36 pm+
[Serenity Session 22]: has entered at 5:36 pm+
[Serenity Session 22]: has entered at 5:37 pm+
[Serenity Session 22]: redwolffclaw has left at 5:37 pm+
[Serenity Session 22]: redwolffclaw has entered at 5:38 pm+
[redwolffclaw] 5:39 pm: ok dodge
[Serenity Session 22]: Jayzilla has left at 5:39 pm+
[] 5:39 pm: yes
[redwolffclaw] 5:39 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d12)
[redwolffclaw] 5:39 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d12 (3) = 8


[]
5:39 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[]
5:39 pm:

-> 2d6 (5,3 = 8)


[redwolffclaw]
5:39 pm: i spend a plot point to have the dude miss
[]
5:39 pm: use a plot point and he misses
[]
5:39 pm: kk
[]
5:39 pm: next round
[redwolffclaw]
5:39 pm: can he roll first? lol
[]
5:39 pm: roll init
[]
5:40 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[]
5:40 pm:

-> 2d6 (5,3 = 8)


[redwolffclaw]
5:40 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[redwolffclaw]
5:40 pm:

-> 2d6 (5,4 = 9)


[]
5:40 pm: you go first
[redwolffclaw]
5:41 pm: I use my free action to pull my sword
[]
5:41 pm: you can use your fightin' type to draw your sword without using an action
[redwolffclaw]
5:41 pm: how far away is he?
[]
5:41 pm: kk
[]
5:41 pm: you could kiss him if you like
[Serenity Session 22]: Gunhaven has left at
5:41 pm+
[Serenity Session 22]: has left at
5:41 pm+
[redwolffclaw]
5:41 pm: I go full attack! And aim for his head.
[redwolffclaw]
5:41 pm: i am gonna spend 4 plot points.
[]
5:42 pm: ok, full attack cancels the called shot penalty
[redwolffclaw]
5:42 pm: he he he
[]
5:42 pm: so agility+full attack+ d8
[redwolffclaw]
5:42 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d10+1d8)
[redwolffclaw]
5:42 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d10 (7)+ 1d8 (5) = 15


[redwolffclaw]
5:42 pm: HA HA HA
[]
5:42 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[]
5:42 pm:

-> 2d6 (6,4 = 10)


[redwolffclaw]
5:42 pm: (and yes my character is maniacly laughing
[redwolffclaw]
5:43 pm: :ninja:
[]
5:43 pm: roll d12+d2 for damage
[redwolffclaw]
5:44 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d2)
[redwolffclaw]
5:44 pm:

-> 1d12 (5)+ 1d2 (2) = 7


[redwolffclaw]
5:44 pm: Slice?
[]
5:44 pm: THUD
[]
5:44 pm: You find James is still breathing
[]
5:45 pm: A quick look around the warehouse finds a 4wheel ATV
[redwolffclaw]
5:45 pm: Is there anyone else around?
[redwolffclaw]
5:45 pm: Sweet.
[]
5:45 pm: If there is. they are staying very quiet
[redwolffclaw]
5:45 pm: I would stay quiet too if I just saw some knarly looking chick dodge a bullet and chop a dude's head off
[->Gabel]
5:46 pm: any sign of Rein?
[Gabel->]
5:46 pm: Nope
[]
5:46 pm: you did take him out, but you didn't quite do that much damage
[->Gabel]
5:46 pm: crap
[->Gabel]
5:46 pm: no sign of duster either
[->Gabel]
5:46 pm: I don't have his skype
[redwolffclaw]
5:46 pm: Ok, pez dispenser then. :D
[]
5:47 pm: If you checked, you'd find he could survive with medical treatment
[redwolffclaw]
5:47 pm: i have that
[redwolffclaw]
5:47 pm: how long would it take to do a quick bandage?
[redwolffclaw]
5:48 pm: from ripped clothes
[]
5:48 pm: a few minutes. You roll alertness and med expertise
[redwolffclaw]
5:49 pm: do I think he will make it on the atv without any immediate help?
[redwolffclaw]
5:49 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[redwolffclaw]
5:49 pm:

-> 2d6 (4,3 = 7)


[redwolffclaw]
5:49 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d2)
[redwolffclaw]
5:49 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d2 (2) = 9


[]
5:49 pm: going by his wounds. yes.
[redwolffclaw]
5:50 pm: first was allertness second was medical expertise
[redwolffclaw]
5:50 pm: to do a quick overlook of his wounds to see if he can survive the trip
[]
5:50 pm: unless there is something else you want to do, you can easily get him onto the ATV and race back to the ship
[redwolffclaw]
5:50 pm: awesome.
[redwolffclaw]
5:50 pm: i do that
[]
5:51 pm: YOu get back the ship and begin making enough noise to kwake the crew
[]
5:51 pm: and everyone on board comes staggering into action in various stages of undress and being various forms of armament
[redwolffclaw]
5:51 pm: (I imagine i am really bloody) "Get the doctor!"
[] 5:52 pm: (Ok Z, you time to shine as Dr Bishop seems to be a rather deep sleeper)
[] 5:52 pm: *heads to bridge in case we gotta get outta Dodge hurried-like*
[redwolffclaw] 5:53 pm: (I explain he has been shot)
[Gabel] 5:53 pm: *Makes is way to the ruckus*
[Gabel] 5:53 pm: his*
[redwolffclaw] 5:56 pm: If I see the capitain i head right to him and explain what happened
[Gabel] 5:56 pm: Where are they whats going on *Comes in armed with only his duster and boxers with his assault rifle thrown over but otherwise buckassnekkid*
[] 5:57 pm: (nice image)
[Gabel] 5:57 pm: (Haha)
[Gabel] 5:57 pm: (Look like some sort of street streaker just without my giblets hanging out)
[redwolffclaw] 5:57 pm: "I am sorry sir, I owed him my life from the reaver fight and didn't want to be in anyone's debt while serving on the ship. He said he was going to ambush the people that wanted you dead and I thought he had a better plan than running in guns blazing."
[redwolffclaw]
5:58 pm: "Some guy came up behind him and shot him. Was gonna shoot me head on but missed and I was able to take him down."
[Gabel]
5:58 pm: Gorram it are you telling me you went and stirred up some hornets nest.
[Gabel]
5:59 pm: *Starts yelling* DOC GET IN HERE NOW
[redwolffclaw]
5:59 pm: "Thought I was doing him and you a favor. He made it sound like you wanted it done too since the same guy was out to kill you."
[]
6:00 pm: *Runs in* "What now?"
[redwolffclaw]
6:00 pm: "Never even saw him. Just a couple goons James shot at and one I killed. Was really dark and not sure if anyone living got a good look at us."
[Gabel]
6:00 pm: Damn it i told you all to stay on the ship for a reason *Looks at the doc* The dandy's hurt bad patch him up best you can *Looks at red* You help him get him to the operating table i gotta make sure you werent followed
[]
6:01 pm: "Oh... That."
[redwolffclaw] 6:
01 pm: "There is an atv I took to get him here alive." Points at it
[redwolffclaw] 6:
01 pm: I go help him haul james to the infirmary.
[Gabel] 6:
01 pm: *Swearing and mumbling as he heads to the ship exit to see if they were followed*
[redwolffclaw]
6:01 pm: (Ok guys, at that I will brb. The capitain can lay into me when I get back. ;)
[]
6:02 pm: ( cya Red
[Gabel] 6:
02 pm: (laters)
[redwolffclaw] 6:
02 pm: (Should be enough to get to to the shindig. Wont be but an hour.)
[]
6:02 pm: (Ok red)
[]
6:02 pm: "What a guy, first he saves you and then drags you both to die."
[]
6:02 pm: everyone roll alertness+perception
[Serenity Session 22]: Dusterboy has entered at
6:02 pm+
[Dusterboy]
6:02 pm: Hey all
[]
6:02 pm: hi duster.
[]
6:03 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[]
6:03 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d6 (6) = 7


[Gabel] 6:
03 pm: Btw i went to the ships exit to check if they were followed
[Gabel]
6:03 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Gabel]
6:03 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d6 (5) = 6


[Serenity Session 22]: monster87 has entered at
6:03 pm+
[Gabel->]
6:03 pm: I told Rein on skype
[]
6:03 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[]
6:03 pm:

-> 2d6 (6,3 = 9)


[Gabel->]
6:03 pm: He came on now
[monster87]
6:03 pm: hi
[]
6:04 pm: (You are an hour late people :P)
[]
6:04 pm: (just so you know)
[]
6:04 pm: hi monster
[monster87]
6:04 pm: its 18:00 ?
[]
6:04 pm: Not their fault, daylight saving time chenged
[Dusterboy] 6:
04 pm: Zeenix is being snarky
[monster87]
6:04 pm: didn't change here
[]
6:04 pm: (Didn't say it was)
[]
6:04 pm: (here neither.)
[monster87]
6:04 pm: can you next time tell it in your e-mail if it changes :P
[]
6:05 pm: It has here and that's the problem
[Gabel] 6:
05 pm: (I did not know about it when i sent the reminder unfortunately)
[]
6:05 pm: We need a one world government to make these things easier
[]
6:06 pm: "CAPTAIN! I have my hands full here, but maybe you should go check the hull near the main cargo ramp!"
[]
6:06 pm: however, it is game time, so lets continue
[Dusterboy] 6:
07 pm: (BRB. Getting coffee)
[]
6:07 pm: (No worries gabel, it didn't occur to be to check for the time change had occurred in europe)
[Serenity Session 22]: redwolffclaw has left at
6:07 pm+
[]
6:07 pm: It didnt here
[monster87]
6:08 pm: zeenix and gabel have the same color.. kinda confusing
[Dusterboy] 6:
08 pm: Last Sunday in March, for Europe
[Gabel]
6:08 pm: *Runs off to the cargo ramp
[Gabel]
6:09 pm: Yellow and orange arent the same !
[->Gabel]
6:09 pm: YOu find a note pinned to the hull with a magnet
[->Gabel]
6:09 pm: maybe left by the person Alex thought he saw
[monster87]
6:09 pm: well on my crappy screen it's pretty close!
[->Gabel]
6:10 pm: "Now it's personal. We will meet again."
[]
6:10 pm: (We did ours this past Sunday)
[Gabel->]
6:10 pm: i rip off the mark and take it with me
[Gabel->]
6:11 pm: As i sigh prefusely at the ammount of failure that has just occured.
[]
6:11 pm: Wheeling James into the infirmary, the two doctors please roll int+ medical expertise
[->Gabel]
6:11 pm: it was epic...
[Gabel->]
6:12 pm: What was epic ? lol
[Dusterboy] 6:
12 pm: How to roll dice?
[Gabel->]
6:12 pm: If it was an Epic Failure i can agree
[Dusterboy] 6:
12 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d8)
[Dusterboy]
6:12 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d8 (1) = 7


[]
6:12 pm: Jo heads to her quarters to wash up and change clothes
[]
6:12 pm: Medical expertise in general?
[Serenity Session 22]: Sweeper has left at
6:12 pm+
[]
6:13 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[]
6:13 pm:

-> 1d10 (4)+ 1d6 (6) = 10


[Serenity Session 22]: has left at 6:13 pm+
[] 6:13 pm: It was too much
[] 6:13 pm: He couldnt take it
[Dusterboy] 6:13 pm: uh-oh
[Serenity Session 22]: Lazarus has entered at 6:13 pm+
[monster87] 6:13 pm: wb Laz
[Lazarus] 6:13 pm: sorry
[Dusterboy] 6:13 pm: WB
[Lazarus] 6:13 pm: I missed any rolls or comments
[] 6:14 pm: ( NSA is tracing Laz since he espouses 1 orld gov - lol
[] 6:14 pm: well did you have the time to read mine?
[]
6:14 pm: Zeenix -> 1d10 (4)+ 1d6 (6) = 10
[Dusterboy]
6:14 pm: I'm rolling medical expertise + INT?
[Lazarus]
6:14 pm: (That wouldn't surprise me star)
[Lazarus]
6:14 pm: yes duster
[Dusterboy]
6:14 pm: Okay
[Dusterboy]
6:15 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d8)
[Dusterboy]
6:15 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d8 (2) = 3


[Dusterboy]
6:15 pm: crap
[Dusterboy]
6:15 pm: 'scuse me
[]
6:15 pm: (tee hee)
[Lazarus]
6:15 pm: "MY GOD! THIS MAN HAS BEEN SHOT!"
[Gabel]
6:16 pm: *Comes back to the common rooms after checking out the ramps*
[monster87]
6:16 pm: * comes running * "What's all this fuzz abou... Da Shiong La Se La Ch'wohn Tian! What happened to him?
[Lazarus]
6:16 pm: You find two wounds, one chest that seems minor and the more severe head wound, you will need to operate immediately
[]
6:16 pm: "Uhh.. So much for the help I guess"
[Dusterboy]
6:17 pm: (Let's hope the rolling improves)
[Lazarus]
6:17 pm: YOu can use assisted rolls for the surgery
[Lazarus]
6:17 pm: you both roll and take the highest of the two
[Dusterboy]
6:18 pm: So, I roll which?
[Lazarus]
6:19 pm: Task number is 55 with each roll taking 30 minutes for the head wound
[]
6:19 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d10)
[]
6:19 pm:

-> 1d10 (8)+ 1d10 (7) = 15


[Lazarus]
6:19 pm: the chest wound will only a 15 and has a 10 minute increment
[Lazarus]
6:20 pm: int+Surgery
[Lazarus]
6:20 pm: ok Z roll again
[Dusterboy]
6:20 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d8)
[Dusterboy]
6:20 pm:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d8 (4) = 8


[Lazarus]
6:20 pm: what is everyone else doing?
[]
6:21 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d10)
[]
6:21 pm:

-> 1d10 (10)+ 1d10 (6) = 16


[]
6:21 pm: (High rolla')
[Lazarus]
6:21 pm: (James apprciates them)
[Dusterboy]
6:22 pm: (Let's hope we can make it so he can tell us that)
[Lazarus]
6:22 pm: Duster...are you helping with the head wound or working on the chest wound?
[] 6:22 pm: <- monitoring comms for any police action agasint us, doing preflight checks
[monster87] 6:22 pm: I'm trying to find an opportunity to help and then give up and ask the captain what happened
[] 6:22 pm: (Im doing the head)
[Gabel] 6:22 pm: *Is sitting in the common room gathering his thoughts*
[Dusterboy] 6:22 pm: (I'm working on the chest wound, since that's the minor one)
[Lazarus] 6:23 pm: (K Duster, roll again)
[monster87] 6:23 pm: * follows the captain to the common room * "What's this cap? What happened?"
[Gabel] 6:23 pm: *Is buckassnekkid other then his duster and his boxers and the assaultrifle he put down on the ground in the chair hes sitting in*
[Lazarus] 6:23 pm: roll 2d6 gabel
[Gabel] 6:23 pm: (reasoning for this is because we just woke up and he threw the duster on and grabbed his weapon thinking platz was making his move)
[Gabel] 6:24 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Gabel] 6:24 pm:

-> 2d6 (6,1 = 7)


[Lazarus]
6:24 pm: thank you
[Gabel]
6:24 pm: (Damn it whats that for)
[Lazarus]
6:24 pm: third roll for Z, second for Duster
[]
6:24 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d10)
[]
6:24 pm:

-> 1d10 (3)+ 1d10 (2) = 5


[]
6:24 pm: (Pfft.)
[Dusterboy]
6:24 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d8)
[Dusterboy]
6:24 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d8 (3) = 10


[Lazarus] 6:25 pm: (Just checking if Johnson was covered)
[Gabel] 6:25 pm: (Thats actually some good wordplay on my name as well when you think about it)
[] 6:25 pm: (Tragedy has been avoided)
[] 6:26 pm: (and boomers innocence saved)
[Gabel] 6:26 pm: *Sighing as he turns to boomer* Booms i have no gorram clue as to what happened... i found this note in the cargobay loading area
[Lazarus] 6:26 pm: Bishop easily stitches up the chest wound and can now assist Menard with the head wound
[monster87] 6:26 pm: * takes the note and reads it (if cap' isn't preventing it) *
[Lazarus] 6:27 pm: ("Now it's personal. We will meet again.")
[Gabel]
6:27 pm: You take the note
[monster87]
6:27 pm: "That doesn't sound good"
[Lazarus]
6:27 pm: however, alex, John, and Boomer can roll Int+will
[Lazarus]
6:28 pm: next rolls from the docs
[]
6:28 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[]
6:28 pm:

-> 2d6 (4,2 = 6)


[]
6:28 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d10)
[]
6:28 pm:

-> 1d10 (8)+ 1d10 (9) = 17


[Gabel]
6:28 pm: The dandy used his sweet words to get Jo to help him raid Platz's warehouse when i spesificly told her not to...
[Gabel]
6:28 pm: One thing after the next *shakes his head*
[monster87]
6:29 pm: "Wasn't Jo still wounded?"
[monster87]
6:29 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)
[monster87]
6:29 pm:

-> 1d12 (7)+ 1d8 (6) = 13


[Gabel]
6:29 pm: Well i thought she was
[Lazarus]
6:29 pm: one more roll Z, just don't botch and you are good to go
[]
6:29 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d10)
[]
6:29 pm:

-> 1d10 (3)+ 1d10 (9) = 12


[monster87] 6:30 pm: "Just between me and you cap'n, but that dandy is only trouble"
[Lazarus] 6:30 pm: The surgery takes just over two hours
[Gabel] 6:31 pm: He warned me about platz's scheme he didnt seem to bad he hardly knows me after all problem is he went and god dang dragged Jo into it as well on his own
[Gabel] 6:31 pm: Trust me we gonna have words if he ever wakes up..
[Lazarus]
6:31 pm: The doctors agree that it would be best to leave him in the infirmary for now and will move him later
[]
6:32 pm: *Zack finishes, washes his hands*
[Lazarus]
6:32 pm: it's right about 3am
[monster87]
6:32 pm: "I don't trust him. His way of talking and acting, it's all just too smooth."
[Dusterboy]
6:32 pm: *Frank follows suit*
[monster87]
6:33 pm: "By the way, didn't Alex say he saw someone earlier? Could it be possible the note was left before Jo and that dandy raided the warehouse?"
[Gabel] 6:35 pm: John's Brow is furrowed as he sits in the common room in all but his duster thinking about the nights events.. *looking up at boomer* I suppose he did but he said it was nothing but i dont know booms
[]
6:35 pm: *Zack goes to his stuff, puts on clothes and joins the captain and boomer who are talking*
[monster87]
6:36 pm: * looks at Zack questionly *
[]
6:36 pm: *Yawn!* "Good.. morning I guess, Captain."
[Gabel] 6:36 pm: *Shakes his head* This night is a damn mess *looking up at Zack comming into the common room* Hows (Forgot Mick's Characters name) doing
[Lazarus] 6:36 pm: (James)
[Lazarus] 6:37 pm: (Just to let you know, Mick is attending a furneral, that is why he's not here)
[] 6:37 pm: "Hes going to survive"
[Gabel] 6:37 pm: (okay)
[] 6:38 pm: "But I think I deserve to know why I was woken up to a half dead guy in the middle of the night. What happened?"
[Lazarus]
6:38 pm: Regardless of the festivities during the night, what's left of the night passes without further incident
[Dusterboy]
6:38 pm: *Frank is there too, now. He wants to know as well*
[Gabel]
6:38 pm: (Explains the situation to everyone who asks)
[]
6:39 pm: "Awesome, I'm assuming I don't get bonus for night shift either?"
[Gabel] 6:39 pm: James... thought it would be a good idea to coax jo out of her duties here to go take on Platz on his own
[monster87] 6:39 pm: (can someone update me where Frank came from :)?
[Gabel] 6:40 pm: (Frank joined us from Mr.Killians medical team (We have been hired by Mr Killian as a freelance medical service across the rim)
[monster87] 6:42 pm: (ok, hi Dusterboy ;))
[Dusterboy] 6:42 pm: (hi Monster)
[monster87] 6:42 pm: (im the mechanic, a small asian woman genius who wants to be part of (and good at) everything)
[Dusterboy] 6:43 pm: (Righto)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 6:43 pm: I already purchased fine clothing for several credits its a waste for me not to use them and John does have a sentimental attachment to them can i take them with me to the store to have them refitted and redone?
[Gabel]
6:44 pm: So we wake up the next morning then i guess ?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 6:44 pm: That is reasonable
[Gabel->Lazarus] 6:45 pm: Thanks
[] 6:45 pm: (Or in Zacks case next day)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 6:45 pm: They also hold the Iskellian family emblem
[Lazarus] 6:45 pm: As you sit there talking and yawning at the completely disrupted sleep, you know you've got 7 hours before your appointment at Adelaide's Haberdashery
[] 6:45 pm: (afternoon, w/e)
[Gabel] 6:46 pm: Btw laz how far is it to the shop from here
[Gabel] 6:46 pm: Since we did not move
[Lazarus] 6:46 pm: about 20 minutes via public transportation
[Lazarus] 6:47 pm: maybe 10 on the ATV
[Serenity Session 22]: Sweeper has left at 6:47 pm+
[Gabel] 6:47 pm: Okay well im gonna head back to sleep and setup another rotation of the watch around the ship Jo is now not on that list for obvious reasons
[] 6:47 pm: (Sweet we have a ATV now)
[Dusterboy] 6:47 pm: "Well. I'm getting my head down for a bit. I'll see you all later."
[Lazarus] 6:49 pm: you set up yout watch and get a solid five ours of sleep before you rise to get ready for the fitting
[] 6:49 pm: *Zack is still asleep, unless someone has woken him up 7 hours before the appointment*
[Gabel] 6:50 pm: *Gets the crew ready to move out and asks the doc's if the dandy needs oversight or if he cant be left in the ship to rest*
[Serenity Session 22]: jpatterson has left at 6:50 pm+
[] 6:50 pm: "If I say yes, will I be left on the ship?"
[Lazarus] 6:51 pm: Both concur it would be best if someone stayed with him as long as they stayed in touch by comms, Jo could handle the job
[Gabel] 6:51 pm: Kk then Jo gets left behind
[] 6:51 pm: ( afk for 10 mins, need to whip up some lunch )
[Gabel] 6:51 pm: The rest of us head out then i guess
[Lazarus] 6:52 pm: anyone take the ATV or do you go via public transportation?
[monster87]
6:52 pm: (where are we going? I think I missed something)
[Gabel] 6:52 pm: (To get clothes for the fancy dress party)
[Gabel] 6:52 pm: (Told you on skype)
[monster87] 6:52 pm: oww of course I'm coming then
[Dusterboy] 6:53 pm: (Followed by etty-ket lessons)
[Dusterboy] 6:53 pm: Frank's in the ATV
[Gabel] 6:53 pm: I wont allow anyone to take the ATV
[monster87] 6:53 pm: * Boomer is up early, preparing a splendid breakfast, all happy about the coming day, she's even more cheerful then normally and can't wait to get to the shopping *
[Gabel] 6:53 pm: Captains orders if i see anyone try i will strictly tell them its off limits til i sort out what to do with it.
[Lazarus]
6:54 pm: ok, piling on the bus, it takes just over 20 minutes to reach Adelaide's Haberdashery
[Dusterboy]
6:54 pm: "No problem. The bus it is."
[Gabel->Lazarus]
6:54 pm: Not having people driving around in a stolen car sigh
[]
6:54 pm: "So, will you be smuggilng weapons into this party too?" *Zack asks while bored in the bus*
[Lazarus] 6:54 pm: This place just scream MONEY and you all feel very much out of place
[Gabel] 6:55 pm: The captain brings a neatly folded pair of clothes with him in a suitcase
[Lazarus->Gabel] 6:55 pm: makes sense, but that seems to be the least of your offenses
[Gabel->Lazarus] 6:55 pm: I know but still
[Gabel->Lazarus] 6:55 pm: Im just seriously considering leaving the car there out of goodwill to platz and leaving him another note
[Dusterboy] 6:56 pm: "Somehow, I don't think my fancy suit is going to cut it. . "
[Lazarus] 6:56 pm: As you enter, the doorman has a half hidden smirk even though he is unfailingly polite
[Gabel->Lazarus] 6:56 pm: But more on that later
[Gabel] 6:57 pm: *tips his hat and smiles to the doorman as he enters*
[Dusterboy] 6:57 pm: *nods and smiles*
[Lazarus] 6:57 pm: The inside of the store is even more pretentious than the outside as an impeccably dressed man approaches. "Oh my word. Mr Killian did not say it would be this much of a challenge."
[monster87]
6:57 pm: * eyes ahead, ignoring the doorman, eager to see what's inside *
[Lazarus]
6:58 pm: "I am Jean ValJean and I am to be your associate during this process."
[Lazarus]
6:59 pm: He snaps his figures and a dozen other employees swarm in.
[Gabel]
6:59 pm: *Looks the Clerk dead in the eyes* Nice to meet you Jean ValJean I need my suit refitted and redone my crew here needs new clothes as per Mr.Killians requests.
[monster87]
7:00 pm: "Oww I'd like to have a dress like this red one here!"
[monster87]
7:00 pm: * already walking about gaping at the different clothes *
[monster87]
7:00 pm: "What do you think Zack? Would this suit me?" * pointing at a green dress *
[Gabel]
7:00 pm: *John's Attitude is changed slightly as hes being rather formal for a change although you can see hes gritting his teeth while doing it*
[Lazarus] 7:
01 pm: "First we simply must get you properly fitted." He takes the bag and examines the contents. "I....see. This is at least five seasons out of date, but I....my WORD...the Iskellian coat of arms....well perhaps there is something we can do."
[]
7:01 pm: "Sure, especially If you're going to leave the greanades this time."
[Lazarus] 7:
01 pm: you are each taken to a private fiting room
[monster87]
7:02 pm: *laughs at Zack* "I don't think I can bring granades or anything wearing something so .. tight" * smiles
[Lazarus]
7:02 pm: "quickly people, we haven't much time and we have....much ground to cover."
[]
7:02 pm: "Yeah"
[Lazarus] 7:
03 pm: YOu are each asked to strip down to your underwear as very deft tailors begin taking measurements
[Gabel]
7:03 pm: *Moves to the fitting room and strips down to everything but his boxers*
[Lazarus] 7:
03 pm: Everyone roll Willpower+Athletics
[monster87]
7:03 pm: "Oww, this one then? This is sooo FANCY! I love this color.. cyan I think"
[Gabel] 7:
03 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d6)
[Gabel]
7:03 pm:

-> 1d10 (6)+ 1d6 (4) = 10


[monster87]
7:03 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6+1d8)
[monster87]
7:03 pm:

-> 2d6 (4,4 = 8) + 1d8 (2) = 10


[]
7:03 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[]
7:03 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (3) = 8


[monster87]
7:03 pm: oops
[monster87]
7:04 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d8)
[monster87]
7:04 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d8 (4) = 7


[Dusterboy] 7:
04 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Dusterboy]
7:04 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d6 (3) = 6


[Gabel->Lazarus]
7:04 pm: FINALLY i get to use my willpower for something :D
[]
7:04 pm: *Talking to the tailor* "Ignore the bloodstains, I had to operate last night and didnt have time for a proper shower."
[monster87]
7:05 pm: * Boomer's delight is an obvious charm, but her rough manner and unclean clothes make it mostly humorous *
[monster87]
7:05 pm: (Boomer is showered and in her 'best', although that's still oil-stained all over)
[Lazarus]
7:06 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus]
7:06 pm:

-> 2d6 (1,6 = 7)


[Lazarus] 7:06 pm: the process takes a good half hours as the measurements seem to be extrememly detailed
[monster87] 7:07 pm: * Boomer is delighted in the whole process *
[Lazarus] 7:07 pm: The tailor helping Zack blinks at the bloodstains comments, but remains unflappable and continues his work
[Gabel] 7:08 pm: *Remains rather unmoving during the entire process*
[Lazarus] 7:08 pm: You are instructed to redress and are directed to a class room of sorts and have time for tea and somepastries
[Serenity Session 22]: Windstar has left at 7:08 pm+
[Gabel] 7:08 pm: *Like hes done it to many times before begrugingly*
[] 7:08 pm: *Zack is a bit dissapointed* "I thought all tailors were dandys"
[monster87] 7:08 pm: "Ain't this a great place? They're so nice, and fancy and.. well they're giving us sweets!"
[Serenity Session 22]: TheMagicalMick has entered at
7:09 pm+
[Lazarus] 7:
09 pm: After a short break, a woman enters the room with all the friendliness of a Tohuku-Class cruiser with it's weapons locked on.
[TheMagicalMick] 7:
09 pm: (Hey, just popped in for a bit while I got my suit ready.)
[Gabel] 7:
10 pm: (You aint dead)
[Serenity Session 22]: WYRD has left at
7:10 pm+
[Lazarus] 7:
10 pm: "Good moring. I am Misses Chang, I am to be your etiquette instructor."
[Lazarus] 7:
10 pm: (Hey Mick!)
[Dusterboy] 7:
10 pm: (Yeah, Zach and I managed to patch you up. Right now you're in the infirmary)
[Gabel]
7:10 pm: *Cringes when he hears her say the words*
[]
7:10 pm: "Oh, dear."
[monster87] 7:11 pm: * sits up straight and looks joyfully cheerful and waits for the lesson to start *
[] 7:11 pm: "She is like someone from the academy"
[Lazarus] 7:11 pm: She ten launches into a VERY detailed description of the proper way for a gentlemen and a lady to act in a fine soiree
[Gabel] 7:11 pm: *Captain almost falls asleep during the lecture*
[monster87] 7:12 pm: * I'm paying very lose attention *
[monster87] 7:12 pm: * asking a lot of questions *
[Lazarus] 7:12 pm: sort imagine the sequence where Mal, Jayne, and Zoe try to learn medical jargon from Simon in the episode Ariel.
[Dusterboy] 7:
12 pm: That bad, huh?
[Lazarus] 7:
12 pm: FAR WORSE
[Dusterboy]
7:13 pm: Whoops :(
[Lazarus]
7:13 pm: As this woman does not seemto know how to smile
[Lazarus]
7:13 pm: You have two options to memorize the information, Hard INT + Knowledge or an Average INT + Discipline
[]
7:13 pm: *Zack looks at bishop, and whispers* "Did you have any these types in school?"
[Gabel]
7:14 pm: Laz
[monster87]
7:14 pm: * although Boomer is not easily brought from her good humor, she's slowly starting to get less interested as her questions are more and more ignored *
[Dusterboy]
7:14 pm: *whispers back* "Just one. Professor Ackland"
[Gabel]
7:14 pm: (I will use Int+Dic because ive done this sort of thing before)
[]
7:14 pm: ( I choose INT+ Dicipline)
[Gabel]
7:14 pm: (That seem alright ?)
[monster87]
7:14 pm: (ill use dici+int too)
[monster87]
7:14 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d4)
[monster87]
7:14 pm:

-> 1d12 (11)+ 1d4 (4) = 15


[Gabel]
7:14 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Gabel]
7:14 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d6 (6) = 9


[Lazarus]
7:15 pm: after you make your decision, please roll
[Dusterboy]
7:15 pm: (What if you don't have Discipline or Knowledge)
[]
7:15 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[]
7:15 pm:

-> 1d10 (5)+ 1d6 (5) = 10


[Gabel]
7:15 pm: (Just int)
[Dusterboy]
7:15 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8)
[Dusterboy]
7:15 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)


[Dusterboy]
7:15 pm: Arrgh!
[]
7:15 pm: ( got no disc nor knowledge, so avg Int for me I guess
[]
7:15 pm: (Oh-oh)
[Dusterboy]
7:15 pm: Frank's not doing at all well
[]
7:15 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[]
7:15 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)


[]
7:15 pm: (Someone is going to get scholded)
[]
7:15 pm: (yikes
[Gabel]
7:15 pm: rofl
[]
7:16 pm: (But not alone)
[monster87]
7:16 pm: lol
[]
7:16 pm: ( least it was not a piloting botch
[]
7:17 pm: (Yeah, but things may start getting hot anyways.)
[Dusterboy]
7:17 pm: Sorry. I got Discipline so
[Dusterboy]
7:17 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)
[Dusterboy]
7:17 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d8 (3) = 6


[Dusterboy]
7:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d8)
[Dusterboy]
7:18 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d8 (7) = 14


[Lazarus]
7:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus]
7:18 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)


[Dusterboy]
7:18 pm: Sorry. Momentary lapse there
[Lazarus]
7:18 pm: Alex looks like Jayne trying to memorize corticle electrods
[Serenity Session 22]: redwolffclaw has entered at
7:19 pm+
[monster87]
7:19 pm: * I try to help Alex a bit, but probably fail bigtime *
[redwolffclaw]
7:19 pm: Hey i am back
[redwolffclaw]
7:19 pm: (what did I miss?)
[Lazarus]
7:19 pm: the guys trying to walk with books on their heads
[Lazarus]
7:20 pm: boomer learning to sit properly
[Lazarus]
7:20 pm: Alex picking his nose
[Dusterboy]
7:20 pm: *And not doing well*
[redwolffclaw]
7:20 pm: (Aw, I am uninvited to the party :( )
[Lazarus]
7:20 pm: (You're monitoring James)
[Dusterboy]
7:21 pm: (You wouldn't like it. Trust me on this)
[redwolffclaw]
7:21 pm: (All your fault James!)
[Dusterboy] 7:21 pm: (And we're going to tell him that when he wakes up, too)
[Lazarus] 7:21 pm: The lessons take three hours
[Lazarus] 7:22 pm: and are intense
[redwolffclaw] 7:22 pm: (I would smack you across the face if it would not end up killing you right now lol)
[Lazarus] 7:22 pm: John, Boomer, and Zack are allowed to leave after only an hour
[monster87] 7:22 pm: Can I stay an extra hour for Alex's sake?
[Lazarus]
7:22 pm: This allows Jo to head to the tailor
[Gabel]
7:22 pm: I go check on my suit.
[Lazarus]
7:23 pm: If you so choose Boomer
[monster87]
7:23 pm: yeah, poor Alex
[]
7:23 pm: "Huh, Who would have thunk it? Me and Captain, masters of etiquette.
[Lazarus] 7:23 pm: Mr ValJean says that everything will be ready by noon the following day, a good six hours before the party
[Gabel] 7:23 pm: If our suits are ready i will have them change shifts with Jo
[Gabel] 7:24 pm: Okay then i will stick around the store and have the two doc's return to the ship
[] 7:24 pm: Bishop is still learning
[] 7:24 pm: So just me I guess.
[redwolffclaw]
7:24 pm: (how mad at me is the capitain?)
[Gabel] 7:24 pm: Okay i will have Zeenix return to the ship then i guess
[Dusterboy] 7:24 pm: And I thought medical school was hard
[Lazarus] 7:24 pm: (I'd say supernova comes close red)
[] 7:25 pm: (Don't ask out of character :P)
[Lazarus] 7:25 pm: ok, Zack returns and tag teams with Jo
[Gabel] 7:25 pm: *Highfive*
[redwolffclaw] 7:25 pm: (ROFL bad choice of words laz)
[] 7:26 pm: *Zack seeks out Jo on the ship*
[redwolffclaw] 7:26 pm: (ok if I see Zack i ask) "How mad at me is the capitain?
[]
7:27 pm: "Hard to say really."
[Gabel]
7:27 pm: (Exactly because captain keeps his feelings close to the heart)
[Lazarus]
7:27 pm: Frank can roll again
[Dusterboy]
7:27 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d8)
[Dusterboy]
7:27 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d8 (2) = 4


[Dusterboy] 7:27 pm: Crap
[] 7:27 pm: "But hes too soft for his own good, even if he is mad hes most likely not going to do anything about it."
[Gabel]
7:27 pm: (Til he tears it out and starts throwing his ribcage at you)
[redwolffclaw]
7:28 pm: "I didn't mean to screw things up for him. Thought I would be doing him a favor by taking the guy who wanted to kill him out."
[]
7:28 pm: "Huh."
[Lazarus]
7:29 pm: ok red, you are met by some snooty types that take your measurements
[redwolffclaw]
7:29 pm: "plus I already owed James my life for the reaver thing. I only went to pay my debt to him."
[Lazarus]
7:29 pm: roll will+athletics
[Serenity Session 22]: LUCID has left at
7:29 pm+
[Gabel]
7:29 pm: *Watces jo as she enters the shop*
[redwolffclaw]
7:29 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[redwolffclaw]
7:29 pm:

-> 2d6 (5,6 = 11)


[]
7:30 pm: *Zack puts on his sarcasm mode* What about my feelings? Who feels pity for the poor man who has to fix you up every 2 days?
[]
7:30 pm: "No one thats who."
[Lazarus]
7:30 pm: you have a choice jo of Hard INT + Knowledge or an Average INT + Discipline
[redwolffclaw]
7:30 pm: "It was just the once. None of this blood is mine. Arterial spray gets everywhere
[redwolffclaw]
7:30 pm: I will take int and discipline
[Lazarus]
7:31 pm: ok
[Lazarus]
7:31 pm: roll it
[Lazarus]
7:31 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus]
7:31 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)


[monster87]
7:31 pm: (I'm going to eat dinner with my girlfriend, see you guys soon)
[redwolffclaw]
7:31 pm: trying to get my character sheet up. My computer is slow. One sec
[redwolffclaw]
7:32 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)
[redwolffclaw]
7:32 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d4 (3) = 6


[Lazarus]
7:32 pm: Alex gets better, but he's still clearly not doing well
[Lazarus]
7:32 pm: I would suggest using a plot point Jo
[Serenity Session 22]: Jakk9000 has left at
7:32 pm+
[redwolffclaw]
7:32 pm: Ok. I use a plot point, My last one.
[Lazarus]
7:32 pm: kk
[redwolffclaw]
7:33 pm: (what was the athletics roll for?)
[Lazarus] 7:34 pm: You leave the surprisingly grueling training with Boomer, Jo, Zack, and John all seeming to earn, if not approval, at least no disapproval from Mrs Chang
[Gabel] 7:34 pm: *Captain just watches over the place taking in the atmosphere of the shop also grabs a cupcake while hes waiting*
[Lazarus] 7:34 pm: Alex and Frank, can't get out of the room fast enough under her baleful gaze
[Serenity Session 22]: Ironhead has left at 7:34 pm+
[] 7:35 pm: * litghts a cig to calm down as soon possbile *
[Dusterboy] 7:35 pm: "Well, that was a good definition of hell."
[Lazarus] 7:36 pm: You return the ship, alex and frank find they have a wave waiting for them when you do from Mrs Chang that are extensive self study lessons
[Gabel] 7:36 pm: *Captain tells Jo he wants a word once they get back on the ship*
[Dusterboy] 7:36 pm: *groans* "Homework? I thought I'd left homework behind me!"
[Lazarus]
7:36 pm: alex, you have a mindnumbing amout of XP, you might want to spend some of them on dicipline or knowledge
[Gabel]
7:36 pm: *Chuckles if he finds out about the homework*
[Lazarus]
7:36 pm: frank doesn't have as many, but can take a d2 in either
[]
7:37 pm: *To alex and bishop* "So how did it go?"
[Dusterboy]
7:37 pm: "Badly"
[redwolffclaw]
7:37 pm: (I go talk to the capitain)
[]
7:37 pm: "don't ask. Was not meant for finery and pomp
[] 7:37 pm: ( yeah laz, think that would be good dia for XP usage
[Dusterboy] 7:37 pm: *Goes off to get coffee to steady his nerves.*
[Lazarus] 7:37 pm: It's roughly 2pm by the time you get back to the ship
[Lazarus] 7:38 pm: (Given how long you had to endure Mrs Chang, I'll allow alex to take d4 in either skill)
[Dusterboy] 7:39 pm: (And me>)
[Lazarus] 7:39 pm: (however, I recommend Discipline for both of you)
[] 7:39 pm: (Ooh, nice!)
[]
7:39 pm: ( yeah disc prolly better for pilot
[Dusterboy]
7:39 pm: I forgot: I do have Discipline: Concentration. Sorry, Laz :(
[Lazarus]
7:39 pm: ok, so noted, 2 XP speant for Frank, and 6 for alex
[]
7:39 pm: ( so how many xp that d4 Disc cost?
[Gabel] 7:39 pm: Jo we havent known eachother long and you only just joined us but if im going to trust you from now on i need to know this will never happen again you probably thought you had our best interests in hand but going against orders and doing your own thing almost getting killed in the process is not a good start *sighing*
[Gabel] 7:40 pm: James almost died on some vigilante mission for something that was none of his concern now you gone and pissed platz of more then you had to.
[Lazarus]
7:41 pm: uh duster...I show Frank with discipline of d6 and concentration od d8
[Lazarus]
7:41 pm: ok, then roll it
[redwolffclaw]
7:41 pm: "Appologize sir. As I said I had a kinda life debt to pay and James asked for my help killing the man that wanted you dead. I would have told you but if it would have gone down worse they could not come blaming you and you could have truthfully denied all involvement with us if we died."
[] 7:41 pm: *Zack wanders the ship, leaving alex and bishop to stress relief and captain and Jo for their private talk*
[Dusterboy] 7:42 pm: uhhhh - rolling
[Gabel] 7:42 pm: And i have to deal with that fallout but im glad your both alive either way but from now on you follow my orders not the passengers even if you have unfinished favors they should always come after you are after all making sure of our saftey i cant have my first mate gallivanting out and about when she's supposed to be protecting the crew.
[Dusterboy]
7:43 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)
[Dusterboy]
7:43 pm:

-> 1d6 (4)+ 1d8 (5) = 9


[Lazarus] 7:43 pm: ok
[Gabel] 7:43 pm: Platz never wanted me dead sfar as i know we might have wronged him in the past if he wanted me dead he would have done it once we landed not just asked james to have me captured
[redwolffclaw] 7:43 pm: "I should have tried to talk him out of it more....wait a minute, first mate?"
[Serenity Session 22]: Tigernan has left at
7:43 pm+
[redwolffclaw]
7:44 pm: (HA I screw up royally and get a promotion. Sweet)
[Gabel] 7:45 pm: (Well not really you already were the first mate or Security)
[Lazarus] 7:45 pm: (Alex, you can take one roll of Int+disc if you study 2 hours, you can take two if you study 4 hours. Your target is 7 and you can use plot points)
[Gabel]
7:45 pm: (Since we already discussed about that before i hired you)
[redwolffclaw]
7:46 pm: (Oh, didnt know security ment first mate. NM would not have said that)
[]
7:46 pm: ( ok, 2 int+disc rolls
[Lazarus]
7:46 pm: Does anyone else have anything they want to try?
[]
7:46 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[]
7:46 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d4 (4) = 6


[]
7:47 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[]
7:47 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d4 (2) = 8


[]
7:47 pm: ( so 4 hours later I'm a drooling buffon?
[] 7:47 pm: I'm not*
[Lazarus] 7:47 pm: Finally after hours of self study....Alex has is "The Rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain" Pygmalion moment
[redwolffclaw] 7:48 pm: (Cuz first mate is directly below the capitain usually so I was a bit confused you would have me so high up on the command chain already)
[Dusterboy] 7:48 pm: I guess Frank is studying too
[Lazarus] 7:48 pm: (In other words...Light shines on Marblehead)
[Gabel] 7:48 pm: But either way i cant have you second guessing my commands so i need to know your on board with me i havent lead the crew wrong yet and i dont intend to in the future *pats her on the shoulder* Had this been the gorram military id have you repremanded and sent to the brig *Chuckes*
[Gabel] 7:48 pm: (Well security then)
[Gabel] 7:48 pm: *Chuckles*
[redwolffclaw] 7:49 pm: "I'd have sent myself to the brig for you. Wont happen again, plus I think after this I paid James back for saving my life."
[Gabel] 7:49 pm: *If there is Anger or anything in John's eyes he aint showing it hes taking it rather well but then John has always been good at feeling indifferent.*
[redwolffclaw] 7:50 pm: *you can see jo is really ashamed and sorry she brought problems for the capitain.*
[Lazarus] 7:50 pm: **(I'm going to give everyone 3 plot points for enduring Mrs Chang)**
[redwolffclaw] 7:50 pm: yea
[Dusterboy] 7:50 pm: Thanks
[Dusterboy] 7:51 pm: Can I use some on improving my rolls for studying her lessons?
[Gabel]
7:51 pm: *Captain Smiles at Jo* Well good *shakes her hand* im glad you understand so you looking forward to the fancy party
[]
7:52 pm: ( brb
[Lazarus]
7:53 pm: Does anyone want to storm the bastille or something else interesting?
[redwolffclaw]
7:53 pm: "Those are one thing I dont miss from home. Dont usually have to worry about them anymore since most guys wont ask a woman out with half a face."
[Gabel]
7:53 pm: Nope i just want to get ready for the party
[Dusterboy]
7:53 pm: Naaaah - I was thinking the Kremlin
[Dusterboy]
7:53 pm: Sorry.
[Dusterboy]
7:53 pm: Frank's busy revising
[Lazarus]
7:55 pm: ok, the night passes uneventfully despite the tensions of the previous night. No one is sure if that is a good thing or not
[monster87] 7:55 pm: (back)
[Gabel] 7:55 pm: *Looks at Jo in passing* Im sure theres plenty of the menfolk who would enjoy your company at the party anyway i better get ready Slong as were clear here if theres anything just ask im always usually an open book
[Gabel] 7:55 pm: *Walks back to his cabin*
[Lazarus] 7:55 pm: On the plus side, James condition improved enough for him to be moved to a cabin and that he doesn't require monitoring
[redwolffclaw] 7:55 pm: (I just started freaking out thinking I was hearing things but just found out my hubby put the serenity theme song as his ringtone. Thought I was playing this game too much lol)
[monster87] 7:55 pm: (always usually, which of the 2 :P)
[Gabel] 7:56 pm: lol
[Lazarus] 7:56 pm: (I use the Firefly theme as my ringtone)
[Lazarus] 7:57 pm: There is a wave from Killian waiting on the Cortex for John in the morning
[Gabel] 7:57 pm: *Checks his wave*
[Lazarus] 7:59 pm: "Morning Captain. I hear things went fairly well at
Adelaide's. Again, I need your entire crew at the party. Major investors will want to talk to everyone. See you thn."
[Gabel]
8:00 pm: With that John gathers the crew together to inform them about the investors and everybody better be on their best behavior
[Gabel]
8:00 pm: *Rounds up everyone to get ready for the Party and get our suits*
[Gabel]
8:00 pm: *And dresses*
[monster87]
8:00 pm: "This is going to be so awesome. Our first party togethere!"
[monster87]
8:00 pm: (-e)
[Gabel]
8:01 pm: I seem to recall some Neo browncoat shindig we went to coulda swore they called that a party *Chuckles*
[]
8:01 pm: "You mean with Jo around?
[redwolffclaw] 8:
01 pm: (What kinda dress do I have? I wanna know if I can hide my knives under it)
[Lazarus] 8:
01 pm: At noon, you arrive at Adelaide's and everyone goes through last final fitting. Except possibly for John, none of you have ever seen clothes this fine except on the Corvue
[Gabel] 8:01 pm: Yeah i also inform i wont allow anyone in with any weapons
[Gabel] 8:02 pm: Best Behavior dont mean i aim to missbehave at this point :p
[Lazarus] 8:02 pm: your clothes are boxed up and you all return to the ship
[redwolffclaw] 8:02 pm: "Ok, judo it is..."
[Lazarus] 8:
03 pm: The one thing that continues to bug all of you is, where in the gorram hell is Platz or at least his goons?
[Lazarus] 8:
04 pm: You have roughly 4 hours before the party, does anyone want to do anything?
[redwolffclaw] 8:
04 pm: (Snickers- probably had to hire more goons)
[monster87]
8:04 pm: "Maybe the note was really there already before james and jo came, maybe he doesn't even know
[]
8:05 pm: *Zack inspects his suit, the first he has owned*
[redwolffclaw] 8:
05 pm: What color is my dress?
[Gabel] 8:05 pm: Im just going to check my suit see whats changed im also going to take my pocket watch with me (its an Antique)
[monster87] 8:06 pm: * Boomer all but dances around in her fancy dress, clearly she has never before owned something so marvellous and she's telling it to everyone constantly *
[Lazarus] 8:06 pm: well ed, imagine something worn for the Academy Awards
[Gabel] 8:06 pm: Also going to try on the suit make sure it fits and all that
[Dusterboy] 8:07 pm: Laz - there have been plenty of mad and strange things worn to the Oscars
[Lazarus] 8:07 pm: whatever color complements your hair and eye color red
[Lazarus] 8:07 pm: no suits made out of swans or meat
[Gabel] 8:07 pm: What ? here i thought gaga would be all over this.
[Dusterboy] 8:07 pm: Frank's trying on his suit, making sure he can walk in it
[Gabel] 8:07 pm: I wear my meatsuit every day :P
[Dusterboy] 8:08 pm:
TMI, Gabell :P
[Dusterboy] 8:08 pm: :p
[] 8:08 pm: meatsuit?
[] 8:08 pm: Blargh
[Serenity Session 22]: Fezi has left at 8:08 pm+
[Lazarus] 8:08 pm: Each outfit is a triumph of the tailoring art and the fit is nothing short of amazning
[redwolffclaw] 8:09 pm: probably black and/or brown(I got try on my dress and work on some make up to cover up some of the scarring, and if I dont have make up I will go buy some)
[monster87] 8:09 pm: (Boomer is wearing something colorful :))
[Lazarus] 8:09 pm: Wearing your hair in a downward sweep on one side would hide the scarring jo
[redwolffclaw] 8:10 pm: ok.
[Lazarus] 8:
10 pm: as the time for the event nears....is ANYONE taking ANY weapons or special gear I need to know about
[redwolffclaw] 8:
10 pm: Wear aqua! That is colorful
[Gabel] 8:
10 pm: Just my pocket watch
[redwolffclaw]
8:11 pm: "The capitain said no weapons so I dont bring my knives and I dont shove a grenade up my... bra"
[]
8:11 pm: Nope
[monster87]
8:11 pm: For this special occasion Boomer left everything at the ship
[Lazarus] 8:
12 pm: Frank or Alex?
[Serenity Session 22]: has left at
8:12 pm+
[]
8:12 pm: nah, nothing special for me
[Lazarus] 8:
12 pm: ok, Frnk?
[Gabel] 8:
12 pm: *Just checking what i can bring*
[Lazarus] 8:
12 pm: frank
[Gabel]
8:13 pm: Nah just my Ident Card and my Pocket watch
[Lazarus]
8:13 pm: ok
[Lazarus]
8:14 pm: half an hour before the event a stretch limo arrives, John recognizes the car from before
[Dusterboy]
8:14 pm: Nope.
[Gabel]
8:14 pm: And my Suit obviously.
[Gabel]
8:15 pm: *Goes out to greet the car*
[Lazarus]
8:16 pm: "Good evening captain. Mr Killian sent me to pick you up. He said he couldn't have the guests of honor ariving via public transportation."
[monster87]
8:16 pm: * For the occasion Boomer has lipstick and parfume. Probably a bit too thickly and badly done, as she has almost no experience with it *
[Gabel]
8:16 pm: Do i recognize the driver ?
[Gabel] 8:16 pm: From last time
[Lazarus] 8:16 pm: yes you do
[Gabel] 8:16 pm: Okay
[Gabel] 8:16 pm: Alright everybody get in *Holds the door for everyone and gets in last*
[Lazarus] 8:16 pm: However, via the cortex and in consultation with jo, boomer gets made up fairly well
[Gabel] 8:17 pm: Yeah i also put on some nice cologne
[Gabel] 8:17 pm: (Before obviously)
[Dusterboy] 8:17 pm: Frank only feels a little out of place. He's never been in a limo before
[Gabel]
8:17 pm: (have a shower and all that)
[monster87]
8:17 pm: Ah yeah figures that Jo and me are helping each other dress for an hour or so :)
[Lazarus] 8:17 pm: You enter the car for the short ride to the Crown Excaliiber Hotel, the venue for the fund raiser
[Gabel] 8:17 pm: (Figure since everybody else is mentioning it i might as well make sure im showered and smelling nice)
[Gabel] 8:18 pm: *Makes sure to step out of the car first to let everybody out once we arrive*
[Lazarus] 8:18 pm: The trip over the hotel is uneventful, except for when you are within two blocks of the event......
[Gabel]
8:18 pm: *Unless someone else does it there*
[Lazarus]
8:18 pm: when....
[Gabel]
8:18 pm: (For the love of ..)
[Lazarus] 8:19 pm: traffic slows to a crawl because of so many limos trying to squeeze into one area
[monster87] 8:19 pm: don't fade to black now
[monster87] 8:19 pm: ow lol
[] 8:19 pm: (Baha ha ha
[redwolffclaw] 8:19 pm: Hahaha
[] 8:19 pm: (I knew that was a fake out)
[Gabel] 8:19 pm: Laz i hate you right now
[Dusterboy] 8:19 pm: dud not funny
[Dusterboy] 8:19 pm: dude
[Lazarus] 8:19 pm: ;-)
[Lazarus] 8:20 pm: the traffic sorts itself out and you arrive
[Lazarus] 8:20 pm: You look out of the limo and you see a page right out of the finest of award shows
[Lazarus] 8:20 pm: a real red carpet
[monster87] 8:20 pm: awesome
[Lazarus] 8:21 pm: paparaizzi and camera men lining the ropes
[monster87] 8:21 pm: * Boomer gets out of the car shyly, but with shining eyes, doing her very best to uphold good manners *
[Lazarus] 8:21 pm: There are 'people' to open the door
[] 8:21 pm: *Zack frowns* "This feels so wrong..."
[Gabel] 8:21 pm: *Puts on his Serious captain face oh wait i wear that all the time*
[Lazarus] 8:22 pm: There are shouts to "Look this way" as you are announced by some smarmy guy
[] 8:22 pm: * keeps to the motto he read - If you don't know what to say, say nothing *
[Dusterboy] 8:22 pm: Frank makes sure his tie is straight and tries to remember everything Madame Chang taught him.
[Lazarus]
8:22 pm: "And this is the crew of the Fire Angel that will be at the center of the Medical Cruise Mr Killian is arranging."
[Gabel] 8:23 pm: (Medical what now)
[Lazarus] 8:23 pm: You smile and try not to trip as the flashes strobe your way
[Lazarus] 8:23 pm: Thankfully, you are wisked inside before having to answer any questions
[Lazarus] 8:23 pm: Inside, there is less bedlam
[Gabel->Lazarus] 8:24 pm: I attack my pocketwatch to my vest and have it in my front pocket
[redwolffclaw] 8:24 pm: I wave a bit
[Gabel->Lazarus] 8:24 pm: attach*
[Gabel->Lazarus] 8:24 pm: I dont attack it
[Lazarus] 8:24 pm: There is a stunning atrium as guests queue to enter through a weapons scanner
[Lazarus] 8:25 pm: Once through the scanner, you walk down a long hallway and stop at a podium to be annoounced
[Lazarus] 8:25 pm: "Captain John Iskellian and Crew."
[Gabel] 8:26 pm: (He would most likely use my formal name if he knew it)
[Lazarus] 8:26 pm: There is a small pattering of applause as you enter a room that can only be described as breath taking
[Gabel] 8:27 pm: *looks around at the crowd*
[monster87] 8:27 pm: * Looks around with eyes wide like a little girl *(
[Lazarus] 8:27 pm: "John? Captain Iskellian?" A voice penetrates the din and Harvey Killian approaches
[redwolffclaw]
8:28 pm: I will run interference for boomer if she gets too shy.
[Gabel] 8:28 pm: *Moves to where Mr.Killian is*
[Gabel] 8:28 pm: *Approaches to shake his hand*
[monster87] 8:28 pm: * Boomer looks more likely to forget she's supposed to be reserved and just start shouting in amazement - but so far she's content gaping *
[Gabel] 8:29 pm: Mr.Killian.
[]
8:29 pm: *Zack puts his hands in his pockets and looks around wordlessly*
[Lazarus]
8:29 pm: "You and your crew you amazing. That ValJean is a miracle worker"
[Lazarus]
8:30 pm: "Dinner won't be for an hours, so there is plenty of time for you and your crew to meet with investors."
[Lazarus]
8:30 pm: (An HOUR)
[Dusterboy]
8:30 pm: *Frank is hoping he's not looking like a lemon, just standing a not doing much of anything*
[monster87]
8:30 pm: * whispers to Jo * "What are we doing here actually?" (asif she's so far only been interested in the fact that there's nice dresses and party and has fully forgotten to ask herself what it is they are doing there)
[Lazarus]
8:31 pm: "Please enjoy the buffet and please have everyone talk to someone, we need as much buy in on the project as we can muster."
[redwolffclaw] 8:31 pm: Whispers back "We are here to look professional so people will be willing to give us money to be a medical ship"
[Gabel] 8:31 pm: Im going to turn around at the crew and tell them im going to mingle before the dinner
[Lazarus] 8:31 pm: "Don't stry to far John, there is someone I need you to meet. Otherwise, have your crew mingle."
[Gabel]
8:32 pm: Oh ? Turns around Well crew you better mingle while i take care of business
[]
8:32 pm: *Sighs* "Food huh?" *Zack seems little less lost now*
[redwolffclaw]
8:33 pm: "boomer you should let people know how great she runs and how well put togeather the ship is..."
[Gabel] 8:33 pm: *Grabs a snack from any waiters who might be serving stuff on platters walking around*
[Dusterboy] 8:33 pm: *wonders if they actually have anything as proletarian as beer*
[Lazarus] 8:33 pm: The buffet looks delicious with foods most of you have only read about
[redwolffclaw] 8:34 pm: I pick up a tiny sausage "Havent had one of these in years."
[Gabel]
8:34 pm: After eating the snack john grabs a glass of whiskey (If served or any other alcohol) Then returns to Killian to see who he wanted him to meet.
[Lazarus]
8:34 pm: As the crew starts to disburse through the crowd, John finds himself standing alone for a moment
[]
8:34 pm: *Frowns, then talks to himself* "I dont even know what any of this stuff tastes like..."
[Dusterboy]
8:35 pm: "Or what it's called, Zach?"
[Gabel] 8:35 pm: Or i stand alone
[monster87] 8:35 pm: (I'm going to do exactly that which Kaylee does on that party - go to the food, and soon gather a crowd of people and talk about tech stuff and other genius stuff, making probably even better conversation than Kaylee did)
[Lazarus] 8:35 pm: Frnk discovers there are 43 different types of beer.
[]
8:35 pm: "That too"
[Lazarus]
8:35 pm: John hears another voice approaching from behind. "Fancy meetin you here."
[Dusterboy]
8:36 pm: *Frank's going to be a happy bunny*
[redwolffclaw]
8:36 pm: "What do you want to know about the food zack?
[Gabel]
8:36 pm: *Turns around*
[Lazarus]
8:36 pm: roll Int+will to recall Mrs Chang's lsssons Boomer
[Lazarus]
8:36 pm: John is taken slightly aback to see Marko Platz facing him
[monster87]
8:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d8)
[monster87]
8:36 pm:

-> 1d12 (11)+ 1d8 (2) = 13


[Gabel]
8:37 pm: You....
[Lazarus]
8:37 pm: "Yes. Me."
[]
8:37 pm: *Turns around to Jo* "How about you recommend me something that someone like me can appreciate?"
[]
8:38 pm: "Since to me it seems like theres no normal food here..."
[Lazarus]
8:38 pm: "I see some of your crew visited my warehouse last night. Killed a good man, left another rather badly ut."
[Dusterboy]
8:38 pm: *This is a pub. A very big, very flash, very expensive pub, but a pub. You can do this."
[Lazarus] 8:38 pm: As John and Marko talk....Boomer is all but holding court with at least a dozen dewy-eyed men fawning over her every word.
[Gabel]
8:39 pm: For one James aint a part of my crew he rode in from the rim as a passenger after we saved his sorry ass from becomming reaver meat.
[redwolffclaw]
8:39 pm: "I think you will like the blood sausage. Sounds bad but tastes great. Also try the watermellon." Points at red fruit with green rind.
[Dusterboy]
8:39 pm: Frank asks the bartender to recommend him a beer*
[monster87]
8:39 pm: (I so love this picture)
[Gabel]
8:40 pm: Although to his defence he did tell me about your little plan to have me abducted.
[monster87]
8:40 pm: * Boomer seems to greatly enjoy being the center of attention, amidst so much beauty and learned people *
[Lazarus]
8:41 pm: Zack stands at the buffet table and tries to figure out what to try first. "I recommend the crab rolls." He turns to see a stunning woman addressing him.
[]
8:41 pm: *Zack suspiciously grabs the things Jo describes, while much more trustingly grabs the beer*
[Gabel]
8:41 pm: Secondly i had nothing to do with that raid.
[redwolffclaw]
8:41 pm: After setting zack up with food I will go mingle and try to sell the ship and crew.
[Serenity Session 22]: Jakk9000 has left at
8:41 pm+
[Lazarus]
8:41 pm: The bartender replies. "No question sir. The Amber Pale Sihnon Ale."
[]
8:42 pm: "Oh, the crab... rolls?" *Zack looks for them, and takes some.*
[Dusterboy]
8:42 pm: "Thank you. A pint of that then, please."
[Lazarus]
8:43 pm: "Semantics John. The man and woman were aboard your ship. They attacked my place of business. I thought I had a deal with this James fellow, but that is fine. I am a businessman first and vendettas are expensive
[] 8:43 pm: "Thanks for the tip miss."
[Gabel] 8:43 pm: As for your stolen car i was going to have it arranged delivered to you if you want it back.
[Lazarus] 8:44 pm: Alex wanders around WAY out of his league sweating a little to follow Mrs Chang's lessons when he sees a man waving him over to a somewhat sheltered alcove
[] 8:44 pm: "hmm, whats this about - gathers wits and attempts to suavily appraoch
[Gabel->Lazarus] 8:44 pm: Bah and here i was thinking i might be able to mingle at the party and you throw platz in my face lol
[Lazarus] 8:45 pm: "Evelyn. Evelyn Rogers...you are the doctor from the Fire Angel?" She asks zack with a breathy sort of manner that makes the room go a little fuzzy.
[Gabel] 8:45 pm: Well as you are sure there are bad apples in any organisation.
[] 8:46 pm: "Oh yeah, Zack Menard... And yes I'm the doctor, well one of them atleast."
[Lazarus] 8:47 pm: "Yes, but regardles of the individual's culpability Captain, you know as the leader, you must be ultimately held responsible for their actions."
[Lazarus] 8:48 pm: "I propose a truce of sorts as I find the whole tit for tat thing rather tedious."
[Gabel] 8:48 pm: Well i never saw us having anything but a truce but thats my point of view if it were up to me i would have avoided the whole ordeal.
[Gabel] 8:49 pm: to begin with but things never turn out as you hope.
[Dusterboy] 8:49 pm: *Frank samples his beer and his. . . tastebuds. . . explode."
[Lazarus] 8:49 pm: "A simple proposal...One day I will ask for you to do something for me and you will do it. If you refuse, then I am a man of may resources and lyou will soon find that iving with having to look over your should will be quite tiresome."
[Dusterboy] 8:49 pm: "Wow." He grins at the bartender. "This is top-notch stuff."
[monster87] 8:50 pm: * manages to escape from the men after some time and joins Jo * "Quite a party eh?"
[Gabel] 8:50 pm: I wont do anything to break the law mr.platz i know your shady jobs and their the whole reason were here in the first place.
[monster87] 8:50 pm: * Boomer's got rosy cheeks from the alcholic beverages and smeered her lipstick with chocolate *
[Lazarus] 8:51 pm: The bartender replies. "It is indeed sir, it is indeed
[Lazarus] 8:52 pm: "I thought you had the aire of a professional about you Dr Menard. Are you with someone tonight?"
[redwolffclaw] 8:52 pm: I look at boomer and let her know"your lipstick is smeared"
[Dusterboy] 8:52 pm: Frank nods his thanks at the bartender then braves the crowd.
[Lazarus] 8:53 pm: "The nature of the job is not really of your concern Captain, just that you will do it. I promise it will not involve slaving, drugs, or guns. Other than that. I suggest you take my offer. You do this task when I call for it and what was between us shall be no more."
[monster87] 8:53 pm: "Ow" * rubs it a bit - which makes it worse * "Do you have a mirror.. or can you correct it?"
[] 8:54 pm: *Zack is confused, and looks around* "I..uhm I'm here with the crew, but thats probably not what you mean."
[redwolffclaw] 8:54 pm: "I can fix it."
[Gabel] 8:54 pm: I do this and our business will be concluded and you wont bother my crew or me again.
[Gabel] 8:55 pm: And we go our seperate ways.
[monster87] 8:55 pm: "Thanks" * let's herself Jo touch her lips shyly *
[Lazarus] 8:55 pm: "You ladies are rather remarkable" a plain older man states as Jo and Boomer attempt makeup repairs
[monster87] 8:56 pm: * startles * "Eh, how so?"
[Lazarus] 8:56 pm: "Indeed Captain. Indeed, all will be at an end between us. What sayyou?"
[Lazarus] 8:56 pm: "To go out into the Black in such dangerous times."
[Gabel] 8:57 pm: With that John looks Platz dead in the eyes in all seriousness and nods we have an agreement. now if you will excuse me i have to mingle with other guests
[Gabel] 8:57 pm: *Walks off to mingle with other people*
[Lazarus] 8:58 pm: Platz nods with a tight grin and melds into the crowd himself
[redwolffclaw] 8:58 pm: I turn and look at the older man
[monster87] 8:58 pm: "Well, we've got the captain and the rest of the crew to protect us"
[Gabel] 8:58 pm: (Wants to find more interesting people then platz to talk to gorram son of a ....)
[redwolffclaw] 8:59 pm: I look at boomer and clear my throat.
[Lazarus->Gabel] 8:59 pm: hehehe
[redwolffclaw] 8:59 pm: (Security officer...lol)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 8:59 pm: Fucking Dandy *Smashes head into wall*
[monster87] 9:00 pm: "Actually Jo here is a pretty amazing fighter herself"
[Lazarus] 9:00 pm: "I can't imagine now that the Alliance is so heavily engaged with these miscreat Browncoat rabble stirring things up. How can they be so intensely stupid not to see the advantages of the Alliance." The man contues
[redwolffclaw] 9:01 pm: I reach out to shake his hand, "My name is Jo, I am the new security officer for the Fire Angel. This is the ship's genius mechanic."
[Lazarus->Gabel] 9:01 pm: Heavy is the...oh wait you know that one
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:01 pm: I think i dropped my crown smashing my head into the wall
[redwolffclaw] 9:01 pm: I squeeze his hand a bit when he mentions that last line
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:01 pm: Or maby it buried deeper into my skull
[monster87] 9:01 pm: * does that thing with her dress and a kneebend that she learned on etiquette *
[redwolffclaw] 9:02 pm: but I keep smiling
[Lazarus] 9:02 pm: Eveyln smiles and somehow brightens the room. "No silly, I didn't mean with your crew. Such a handsome young doctor should not be unaccompaied during such a wonderful party."
[Gabel] 9:02 pm: *Looks around for people to talk to while taking a few sips of his whiskey*
[monster87] 9:02 pm: "I agree sir, it's a stupid time to start an internal war with the Reaver's getting ever closer and all"
[redwolffclaw->Gabel] 9:03 pm: If you spot jo you will see her, "Say one more word and you will be dead look on her face under her fakey smile."
[Gabel->redwolffclaw] 9:03 pm: Thats entirely up to laz i think
[redwolffclaw->Gabel] 9:03 pm: Was just kidding. ;)
[Gabel->redwolffclaw] 9:04 pm: Well still :p
[] 9:04 pm: "Ah, You think so? "
[Lazarus] 9:04 pm: The man looks at Boomer and frowns. "Reavers. Balderdash. There has been no scientific evidence of such ghost stories being true regardless of whattever unconfirmed nonsense is floating around the cortex these days. There should be censorship laws to prevent such inflammatory things being said."
[redwolffclaw->Gabel] 9:04 pm: He is doing the browncoat hating thing to get me. hehe
[Gabel->redwolffclaw] 9:05 pm: Show your face to the guy that will make him change his mind.
[Gabel->redwolffclaw] 9:05 pm: lol
[Lazarus] 9:05 pm: Evelyn all but purrs. "I do indeed."
[monster87] 9:05 pm: "I'm sorry sir, but the fact is that we have been unfortunate enough to encounter them. We are very happy to have been able to win that particular encounter"
[Gabel] 9:06 pm: *Aimlessly wanders the crowd to find people to chat to if not i will find mr.killian because he wanted me to talk to somone*
[monster87] 9:06 pm: (I hide the fact that we saved one of the reavers)
[Lazarus] 9:06 pm: "Doctor Bishop? Why I haven't seen you in forever. I didn't know you were part of Kilian's Folly."
[redwolffclaw] 9:07 pm: Jo smiles and says, "I am sorry sir, she needs a bit more help with her make up I am afraid. You have a wonderful time." I say that as I flick my hair out of my face.
[Dusterboy] 9:07 pm: Frank turns around, not immediately recognizing the voice
[redwolffclaw] 9:07 pm: (Ha ha! Scare the crap out of that ass)
[] 9:07 pm: ( I gotta log folks - been fun - Gabel, remind me to converse with Cap'n about a side conversation I had at the party
[monster87] 9:08 pm: (lol we're here to get donations, not scare the crap out of the well-doers :P)
[] 9:08 pm: ( cya next week
[Lazarus] 9:08 pm: "Well young lady, I do know that despite the best efforts of the navy, there is piracy and I'm certain that some of them are smart enough to capitalize on these preposterous stories."
[Serenity Session 22]: TheMagicalMick has left at 9:08 pm+
[redwolffclaw->Gabel] 9:08 pm: :D thanks for the idea.
[Lazarus] 9:08 pm: ok star
[Serenity Session 22]: has left at 9:08 pm+
[Gabel] 9:08 pm: (eh okay later sj to late...)
[monster87] 9:09 pm: (did Jo scare that guy off, or does he keep talkin to me)
[Lazarus] 9:09 pm: The man takes a step back and shrugs before rejoining the others.
[monster87] 9:09 pm: * looks questionaly at Jo *
[monster87] 9:09 pm: "Am I looking that bad?"
[Gabel->redwolffclaw] 9:09 pm: :)
[] 9:09 pm: *Zack accompanies Evelyn, realizing how difficult the rest of the party is going to be*
[monster87] 9:09 pm: (hehe the innocence of Boomer is awesome :P)
[redwolffclaw] 9:09 pm: "Not at all, you look beautiful. But if I had spent one more second with that man I would have made his face look worse than mine."
[Lazarus] 9:10 pm: The man is immediately recognizable to Frank as Chester Deng. An administrator when Frank was attending the MedAcademy
[redwolffclaw] 9:10 pm: "And the capitain told us to be good."
[monster87] 9:10 pm: "Tell me Jo, how is it you know how to behave at parties like this? You're from an uptown society yourself?"
[Gabel] 9:11 pm: *Takes a last swig of his whiskey*
[redwolffclaw] 9:11 pm: "i used to be. Grew up on Ariel with my father. He brought supplies to the outer rim territories. Gave me a bit of an appreciation for helping others and being glad for what I got."
[Gabel] 9:11 pm: *Goes to the bar to get another drink*
[Lazarus] 9:11 pm: "Ah John, here is the person I wished you to meet." Killian says as he returns with a woman of about 50.
[Gabel] 9:11 pm: *Turns around*
[Dusterboy] 9:11 pm: "Well, Chester. It's been a while, hasn't it. I didn't expect to run into you here."
[monster87] 9:12 pm: "I grew up with just my father too.."
[monster87] 9:12 pm: "I miss him sometimes
[redwolffclaw] 9:12 pm: "Now lets see if we can get these *cough* Philanthropists to part with some of their coin.
[Lazarus] 9:12 pm: "Abigail Guthrie, This is John Iskellian. Yes, that Iskellian. He is the captain of the ship I have selected for the medical cruise."
[monster87] 9:12 pm: "You can be a bit mean sometimes, you know that Jo?" * winks *
[monster87] 9:12 pm: "i'll go this way"
[redwolffclaw] 9:13 pm: "we will talk more later. :D"
[Gabel] 9:13 pm: Greets the woman and Mr.Killian Mr.Killian Mam.
[Lazarus] 9:13 pm: "I retired from the academy some time ago Frank, but I keep myself busy sitting on the boards of several charities. When Harvey brought this thing up, I was rather surprised to see your name on the file."
[monster87] 9:14 pm: * Boomer once again indulges herself in food, drinks and men, but this time she makes a more serious effort to idolize the ship and the crew and loosen funds from the people she talks to, with remarks like "You'll support us, won't you?" *
[Lazarus] 9:15 pm: "Oh none of tha ma'am business John, I am Abby. Harvey says you are simply the best man to have at your side when things get roough. Is this true, or is Harvey just building you up to increase the size of my donation?"
[Dusterboy] 9:16 pm: "I haven't totally dropped out of the 'Verse, Chester. And I would disagree with your original comment. I wouldn't say this was a folly on Mr Killian's part. Or would you say that people on the Rim should be left without medical aid because they canb't afford it?"
[Lazarus] 9:16 pm: Zack finds Evelyn to be surprisingly intelligent as they speak and needs to make an Int+Perception roll
[] 9:17 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[] 9:17 pm:

-> 1d10 (3)+ 1d6 (6) = 9


[redwolffclaw] 9:17 pm: I look for groups of older women and let them know what good they would be doing for the less fortunate of the verse if they supported us.
[Lazarus] 9:17 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[Lazarus] 9:17 pm:

-> 2d10 (7,10 = 17)


[Gabel] 9:17 pm: Well Abby one can only ask a man to try his best when a situation gets rough we gone and rescued Mr.Killian here from reavers out in the rim one of the reasons we met but i cant say i could not have done it without my crew *chuckles*
[] 9:17 pm: (Wow. 2d10?)
[Lazarus] 9:19 pm: "Reavers? You mean those gastly stories have merit?" Abby blanches
[Gabel] 9:20 pm: Not just stories Abby ive dispatched my fair few myself we even rescued one who hadnt gone insane but thats another story alltogether.
[Lazarus] 9:20 pm: "Oh, I'm all for helping the needy Frank, but now is not the time. There is open rebellion in the Georgia system that shows every sign of spreading. I think the idea is good, but the timingis terrible."
[Dusterboy] 9:21 pm: I'm sure Mr Killian wouldn't be sending us into a potential warzone if he thought we couldn't take care of ourselves, Chester. He's not a stupid man, after all."
[Gabel] 9:22 pm: If you want i can tell you all about it over dinner.
[Lazarus] 9:22 pm: Evelyn speaks with Zack and is wonderful company with hands that seem to radiate heat whenever she touches him. "I am so glad I met you Zack. Now I think I can bear to be at this boring party."
[Lazarus] 9:24 pm: "Normally he is not. But ever since he returned from touring Athens, He's been wild eyed about Reavers and the deprivations on the Rim. I still think things are too dangerous and continue to advise the board against supporting this cruise of his."
[] 9:24 pm: "...I'm glad to hear that Evelyn, you were very pleasnany company too."
[Lazarus] 9:24 pm: Frank, you can roll int+Influence to try and change Chester's mind
[Dusterboy] 9:24 pm: I grin tightly. "You don't believe in Reavers, then, Chester?"
[Dusterboy] 9:25 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Dusterboy] 9:25 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (2) = 4


[Dusterboy] 9:25 pm: (I guess not)
[] 9:25 pm: (*Pleasant
[] 9:26 pm: (not pleasnany or w/e I managed to typo)
[Lazarus] 9:26 pm: Abby blinks in amazement. "You almost had me beloeving you about reavers until that last bit. Every ghost story I eve heard about them has them as incorribile."
[Serenity Session 22]: johnsdead has entered at 9:26 pm+
[Lazarus] 9:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Lazarus] 9:26 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (3) = 5


[Lazarus] 9:26 pm: (hello john)
[johnsdead] 9:26 pm: hello
[johnsdead] 9:26 pm: i just want to watch
[Lazarus] 9:27 pm: (Frnak, you have the feeling that some judiciously applied plot points could sway the man
[Lazarus] 9:27 pm: (Sure john, go right ahead)
[Dusterboy] 9:27 pm: And I have 2 or so left. . . okay
[Lazarus] 9:27 pm: Gabel, you ae going to have to roll Will+Influence to get Abby back
[Lazarus] 9:28 pm: You have two spare, so in spending those two...
[Gabel] 9:28 pm: Actualy I dont know if he was a reaver or just some poor fellow attacked by them he certanly looked like them
[Lazarus] 9:28 pm: "You really believe this can work Frank?"
[Gabel] 9:28 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d8)
[Gabel] 9:28 pm:

-> 1d10 (2)+ 1d8 (2) = 4


[Lazarus] 9:28 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 9:28 pm:

-> 2d6 (2,4 = 6)


[Lazarus] 9:29 pm: (I think you know the drill gabel)
[Gabel] 9:29 pm: Drill ?
[Dusterboy] 9:29 pm: "Yes, I do. The thing is - do you think I have lost my wits? You used to trust my judgement back at the Academy."
[Lazarus] 9:29 pm: you rolled a 4, she rolled a 6, you'll need to burn 3 plot points to convince her you are not making things up
[Gabel] 9:30 pm: Then i do that

[Lazarus] 9:31 pm: Chester looks decidedly unconvinced, but it looks like you've made an in road. "Yessss, you always did show good judgment. You've given me a lot to think about Frank. Shall we discuss it further over a drink?"
[Gabel] 9:31 pm: Me rolling a 4 is standard anyway
[Gabel] 9:31 pm: Wait
[Gabel] 9:32 pm: Does my Good name and Allure help me here ?
[Gabel] 9:32 pm: Otherwise i have stacking benefits
[Gabel] 9:32 pm: And i wont have to use plot points
[Dusterboy] 9:32 pm: "I can recommend the Amber Pale New Sihnon Ale, Chester. It is really something extraordinary."
[Gabel] 9:33 pm: Laz ?
[Gabel] 9:33 pm: Okay im gonna reroll with it anyway
[Lazarus] 9:33 pm: Abby begins to look a little less skeptical. "Given all the madness in the 'Verse these days, I suppose some young fool would make themselves up to look like a Reaver to make some sort of statement I suppose. I look forward tohearing what you say in your speech later on tonight. Thank you Harvery. Captain Iskellian is indeed an interesting fellow."
[Gabel] 9:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d12+1d4)
[Gabel] 9:34 pm:

-> 1d10 (2)+ 1d12 (10)+ 1d4 (4) = 16


[Gabel] 9:34 pm: Thats using Conversation
[Lazarus] 9:34 pm: slightly better
[Gabel] 9:34 pm: Yeah well i forgot i had Traits
[Gabel] 9:34 pm: :p
[Lazarus] 9:34 pm: is the d4 two plot points?
[Gabel] 9:35 pm: 4 skillsteps from a d8
[Lazarus] 9:35 pm: ah, ok
[Lazarus] 9:35 pm: so you save the points, good
[Serenity Session 22]: johnsdead has left at 9:35 pm+
[Lazarus] 9:36 pm: You all mingle a bit more and eventually, thereis a chame announcing that dinner is ready
[redwolffclaw] 9:36 pm: (Am I having any lucking winning over the rich old people? Maybe I should bring over Boomer, she is cuter than me.)
[Lazarus] 9:36 pm: You all make your way toward the dining room and find that your seats are to the right of Killian at the head table
[Lazarus] 9:37 pm: ok, jo and boomer, roll int+influence
[monster87] 9:37 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12)
[monster87] 9:37 pm:

-> 2d12 (4,6 = 10)


[Lazarus] 9:37 pm: jo, you get a roll as well
[redwolffclaw] 9:37 pm: does my ugly as sin count even though my face is covered?
[Lazarus] 9:38 pm: I'll say no it doesn't count. you really do look stunning
[redwolffclaw] 9:38 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d2)
[redwolffclaw] 9:38 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d2 (2) = 5


[redwolffclaw]
9:38 pm: Damn boomer. You are a smoozer
[monster87]
9:39 pm: ;) Im so nice and sweet and cheerful ;)
[Lazarus] 9:39 pm: The room takes a bit of time to settle and room has to be made for Evelyn who insists on sitting next to Zack
[Lazarus] 9:40 pm: Killian stand to take the podium
[Gabel] 9:41 pm: Who's the lady *looking over at Zack*
[Lazarus] 9:41 pm: "Ladies and gentlemen...Thank you so much for participating in this event. As you know, there are less foruntate souls in our
Alliance.
[Lazarus]
9:41 pm: "People who can not pay for the life saving, and in many cases, simple medical care they need."
[]
9:42 pm: *Zack looks at the captain and quickly back* "Captain, the speech is starting.."
[Gabel] 9:42 pm: (I said that before the speech started just for reference)
[Lazarus] 9:42 pm: "What I have proposed, I call the “Red Cross Express” and we are honored to have the crew and medical staff here with us."
[Gabel]
9:42 pm: *looks back to the speech*
[]
9:43 pm: (Well we we're taking seats, right :P)
[]
9:43 pm: *were not we're
[Gabel]
9:43 pm: (As to why i asked who the lady was when she was being seated next to us)
[monster87]
9:44 pm: (is the crew sitting close together or spread?)
[Lazarus]
9:44 pm: "I was lucky to meet the captain of a freighter by the purest of luck during my visit to the moons of Athens. However, that meeting saved my life for had I not met this man and his remarkable crew...I would not be standing before you today."
[Lazarus]
9:44 pm: (In a line boomer)
[monster87]
9:45 pm: * whispers to captain * "Do you think I can say something too?"
[Gabel]
9:45 pm: (*starts throwing bananas all over the places* oh wait we arent playing the curse of montezuma.)
[Lazarus]
9:45 pm: "The town I was visiting was raided and if not for his quick thinking and intrepidity, I would not have survived. You have all heard my angle on the “Red Cross Express”, now I think you need to hear from the man I think is best suited to ensure it's success."
[Gabel]
9:46 pm: *We will see booms*
[Lazarus]
9:46 pm: "Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Captain John Iskellian..."
[Gabel]
9:46 pm: *Whispers back*
[Gabel]
9:46 pm: *gets up*
[Gabel]
9:46 pm: *Walks over to the podium*
[Lazarus]
9:47 pm: There is a rousing round of applause as John walks toward the podium.
[Lazarus]
9:47 pm: He reaches up and adjust the microphone
[Lazarus]
9:47 pm: FADE TO BLACK
[Gabel]
9:47 pm: BLACK TO FADE
[redwolffclaw]
9:47 pm: aw
[Dusterboy]
9:47 pm: Awwwwww - LAZ!
[monster87] 9:47 pm: daaamn
[] 9:48 pm: I knew it would be either before the speech or after
[Lazarus] 9:48 pm: Well, I'll have you know, I am a player in another game here and the GM hit me with a cliffhanger last week
[] 9:48 pm: I also thought it might be when captain met the guy
[Gabel] 9:48 pm: Dear Monkeys and Mankeys i have aquired this podium here today to speak of bananas and how wonderful their yellow hue shines in my ship (Leakybrainpan)
[Lazarus] 9:48 pm: SOmethng about a petad
[Lazarus] 9:48 pm: A new trait he just pruchased I take it
[redwolffclaw] 9:49 pm: LOL
[Lazarus] 9:49 pm: however, there was lots of RP this session, so I will give 4 XP to this point, but the party is still young
[Gabel] 9:49 pm: Oh no im sure he will make his speech in all seriousness
[Dusterboy] 9:49 pm: Oh dear gods I hope not
[Dusterboy] 9:49 pm: Sorry. Disregard
[Lazarus]
9:49 pm: you cn also convert any plot points over 6 to XP
[Gabel]
9:50 pm: done and done
[monster87]
9:50 pm: ok converted 3, so 7 XP
[] 9:50 pm: 4 converted so 8
[Gabel]
9:50 pm: How much am i on now? 7 ?
[monster87]
9:50 pm: my count is on 10
[Gabel]
9:50 pm: Or did we get plot points i was not aware of
[Lazarus]
9:51 pm: yes gabel, I have you at 7
[Lazarus]
9:51 pm: Duster, you are at 9
[redwolffclaw]
9:51 pm: darn. I used my 6 all up.
[Lazarus]
9:51 pm: I have red at 29
[redwolffclaw]
9:51 pm: WHA>
[Dusterboy]
9:52 pm: Thanks. So I guess that would be 3 more plot points?
[Lazarus]
9:52 pm: I show Z at 37
[Lazarus]
9:52 pm: I have monster at 16
[redwolffclaw]
9:52 pm: I have 29 plot points? or exp?
[]
9:52 pm: exp?
[Lazarus]
9:52 pm: you have 29 XP
[Gabel]
9:52 pm: Wtf am i the only one who spends exp :p
[Lazarus]
9:52 pm: you can never have more than 12 plot points
[redwolffclaw]
9:52 pm: That is what had me confused.
[]
9:52 pm: You got it wrong, I bought something a little while ago. I have 31
[Gabel]
9:53 pm: gimmie a plot point for dealing with Platz !
[redwolffclaw]
9:53 pm: I am gonna have to figure out what I wanna buy
[Lazarus]
9:53 pm: \Alex has 42, he'd be at 48 if he hadn't had to buy Discipline
[redwolffclaw]
9:53 pm: Gimme a plot point for trying to "Deal" with platz... :D
[Lazarus]
9:53 pm: I will give red a point for her great escape
[redwolffclaw]
9:54 pm: :D
[]
9:54 pm: Give me a point for.... just gimme one
[Lazarus]
9:54 pm: as for gabel and platz, he was making you an offer you couldn't refuse
[Lazarus]
9:54 pm: Takes a point form Z
[]
9:54 pm: :(
[Lazarus]
9:54 pm: hehehe
[Lazarus]
9:54 pm: no take aways
[Gabel]
9:54 pm: Bah i should get plot points for putting up with Unruly crewmembers
[]
9:54 pm: Coolzies
[Lazarus]
9:55 pm: gabel, could you save the log and email it to me?
[Lazarus]
9:55 pm: I had the misfire and it dumped me out
[Gabel]
9:55 pm: Eh sure