Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 9:49 am+

[Lazarus] 9:49 am: Welcome to P&PG Chat.

[Lazarus] 9:53 am: I created room "Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20"

[General Chatter]: has left at 9:53 am+

[General Chatter]: has left at 9:53 am+

[] 9:53 am: First !

Welcome! You have entered [Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20] at 9:53 am+

[] 9:53 am: No fancy name?

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: has entered at 9:53 am+

[Lazarus] 9:54 am: I guess I could have added Shindig!, but that name was taken

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: has left at 9:54 am+

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: has entered at 9:54 am+

[] 9:54 am: Those bastards, who took it?

[Lazarus] 9:54 am: hello Duster

[Lazarus] 9:55 am: Actually it was Joss Whedon

[Lazarus] 9:55 am: go figure

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: redwolffclaw has entered at 9:55 am+

[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 9:55 am: Hey, i made it on time. Can I get an invite d

[Lazarus] 9:55 am: hey red

[] 9:55 am: How dare he.

[redwolffclaw] 9:56 am: hello. I am happy I made it on time

[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 9:56 am: looks like you made it on your own. :-)

[] 9:56 am: So is this going to turn out the same, with John having to end up in a sword duel?

[] 9:56 am: Because I will bet on the other guys.

[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 9:56 am: yeah. The appointment didn't take that long

[Lazarus] 9:56 am: ok, neither monster nor starjunky will be here, so try not to need to fly anywhere or break anything

[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 9:56 am: that's great news

[Lazarus] 9:57 am: That was Persephone, this is Beaumonde

[redwolffclaw] 9:57 am: Great. I get to fight the bad guys alone ;)

[Lazarus] 9:57 am: No one duels with swords here

[redwolffclaw] 9:57 am: Dang it

[Lazarus] 9:58 am: Scilian knife fights are how gentlement do it

[] 9:58 am: Laz can roll for Booms and Alex while their abscent.

[Lazarus] 9:58 am: you sure you want to do that gabel, given your record and all?

[] 9:58 am: I said Laz

[] 9:58 am: That be you

[redwolffclaw] 9:59 am: Was kidding. I dont mind fighting. I thought she was a scaredy cat anyway

[Lazarus] 9:59 am: oh right sorry

[] 9:59 am: Bad idea Laz.

[] 9:59 am: :D

[] 9:59 am: I got my medic, Lazarus. Still a rough draft, but I think he's playable

[] 9:59 am: Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

[redwolffclaw] 9:59 am: INCONSIEVABLE

[Lazarus] 9:59 am: you can email it to me, jeffersonhowellATyahoo.com

[] 9:59 am: Pfft real men do it with screwdrivers.

[redwolffclaw] 10:00 am: Real men do it with spoons. Because it will hurt more

[Lazarus] 10:00 am: And I do need to make an introduction, Guys and gal Duster...Duster Guys and Gal

[] 10:00 am: Hey

[redwolffclaw] 10:00 am: hi hi

[Lazarus] 10:00 am: red would be the Gal

[Lazarus] 10:01 am: ok, when we last left our heroes...

[Lazarus] 10:02 am: Boomer and Jo had gone out to purchase the standard maintenance parts to tkeep the ship running for another month

[] 10:02 am: I do believe we have met ... somewhere

[Lazarus] 10:02 am: James had gone to speak with the hostile go between Marko Platz

[redwolffclaw] 10:02 am: yes, i am the elusive female gamer.

[Lazarus] 10:02 am: John was in a limo returning to the ship

[] 10:03 am: No not you elusive one the new person.

[Lazarus] 10:03 am: Alex and Zack were on the ship

[] 10:03 am: I already met the elusive man i thought he was an ass. (ME2 Referance)

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: cecilofril has left at 10:04 am+

[Lazarus] 10:04 am: As Boomer and Jo were returning to the ship, they noticed they were being followed

[Lazarus] 10:04 am: One of the followers tripped and the other two started to chase the two women

[Lazarus] 10:04 am: on the other side of town, James was being given an offer he couldn't refuse

[redwolffclaw] 10:05 am: *Looks at the bad guys following her* GUARDS....*No respose* Damn. I guess that only works in Ultima Online

[] 10:06 am: Also works in Mortal online.

[redwolffclaw] 10:06 am: good to know

[Lazarus] 10:06 am: Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20, Hitting the Big Time. GM - Laz, Players redwolffclaw, Gabel, TheMagicalMick, and Zeeniz. Inactive players starjunky and monster87, newcoming Dusterboy

[Lazarus] 10:07 am: THe session opens with the pitter patter of little feet

[Lazarus] 10:07 am: running feet

[Lazarus] 10:08 am: The dingy gray industrial part of the city offers no safe port, no other foot traffic

[Lazarus] 10:08 am: just two women running from three me, two closer, one bringing up the rear

[Lazarus] 10:09 am: red roll agility + Athletics, running if you have it

[redwolffclaw] 10:09 am: (Would be great if I brought my sword dont ya think)

[redwolffclaw] 10:09 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 10:09 am:

-> 2d6 (6,3 = 9)

 

[] 10:10 am: Lazarus -I sent you my PC

[Lazarus] 10:10 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)

[Lazarus] 10:10 am:

-> 2d8 (4,3 = 7)

 

[Lazarus] 10:10 am: (ok)

[Lazarus] 10:10 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 10:10 am:

-> 2d6 (2,4 = 6)

-> 2d6 (6,1 = 7)

-> 2d6 (4,4 = 8)

 

[Lazarus] 10:11 am: The women main tain their lead with Jo slightly ahead of Boomer burndered with more parts than Jo

[redwolffclaw] 10:11 am: If it looks like Jo cannot make it I will turn and fight

[Lazarus->] 10:14 am: you shorted yourself 6 points of stats and as a result you are also 6 points short in skills

[Lazarus] 10:14 am: roll again

[redwolffclaw] 10:14 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 10:14 am:

-> 2d6 (1,4 = 5)

 

[Lazarus] 10:14 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)

[Lazarus] 10:14 am:

-> 2d8 (2,1 = 3)

 

[Lazarus] 10:15 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 10:15 am:

-> 2d6 (5,3 = 8)

-> 2d6 (3,1 = 4)

-> 2d6 (4,4 = 8)

 

[Lazarus] 10:15 am: Boomer really starts to fade and two of the men are close now

[->Lazarus] 10:15 am: Okay - what can I afford stat and skill wise?

[] 10:15 am: How do you roll dice in this chatroom?

[redwolffclaw] 10:16 am: Damn it. I turn and protect boomer

[Lazarus->] 10:16 am: you've only used 36 points of stats, you should have 42. you have 56 points of skills used, you should have 62

[Lazarus] 10:16 am: the command is /roll

[redwolffclaw] 10:16 am: "Grab the parts and go boomer!"

[->Lazarus] 10:16 am: I thought traits were bought with Attribute points

[->Lazarus] 10:17 am: I'm sorry. I'm not familar with the rules

[Lazarus] 10:17 am: "I'm...pant...trying...pant"

[redwolffclaw] 10:17 am: (I take out my two combat knives)

[Lazarus->] 10:17 am: no worries. traits are either minor or major. you must have one asset and one complication.

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: has left at 10:18 am+

[Lazarus->] 10:18 am: if they do not balance then it affects attibutes

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: Zeenix has entered at 10:18 am+

[Lazarus->] 10:18 am: your traits balance, so there is no cost to stats

[Lazarus] 10:18 am: roll one more time

[redwolffclaw] 10:18 am: for running? or for what?

[Lazarus->] 10:18 am: thus you should have your full 42 points

[Lazarus->] 10:19 am: you can increase whatever stats you like

[Lazarus] 10:19 am: Yes running unless you've decided to fight

[->Lazarus] 10:19 am: Oh, good. Then I can have Str d6 and Will d8?

[Lazarus->] 10:20 am: one other thing, please pick a first name other than John. Small point, but we alrady have a john

[Lazarus->] 10:20 am: that's 4 you can bump one more

[redwolffclaw] 10:20 am: I decided to fight since they were gonna catch boomer. I am giving her a head start while I distract them but cutting out their jugulars.

[redwolffclaw] 10:20 am: er by cutting out their jugulars

[Lazarus] 10:20 am: ok

[->Lazarus] 10:20 am: Okay. . . Frank, then

[Lazarus] 10:20 am: then roll initiative

[Lazarus->] 10:20 am: ok

[redwolffclaw] 10:21 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 10:21 am:

-> 2d6 (1,2 = 3)

 

[redwolffclaw] 10:21 am: boo

[->Lazarus] 10:21 am: Vitality to d8, then as well.

[Lazarus] 10:21 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 10:21 am:

-> 2d6 (5,4 = 9)

-> 2d6 (4,6 = 10)

 

[Lazarus->] 10:21 am: ok, that's stats, go ahead and boost skills by 6 more points

[redwolffclaw] 10:21 am: dont I get an action before them since I suprised them by stopping and whipping out really big knives.... :D

[->Lazarus] 10:23 am: Okay - raise Medical Specialties to d10 and Athletics to d6. Is that okay?

[Lazarus] 10:23 am: I'll give you an agility+Covert roll, you roll a 7 or better and you might surprise them

[redwolffclaw] 10:23 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 10:23 am:

-> 2d6 (1,4 = 5)

 

[redwolffclaw] 10:23 am: crud

[redwolffclaw] 10:24 am: Oh man. I was gonna use a plot point

[redwolffclaw] 10:24 am: oh well

[Lazarus->] 10:24 am: I'm going to suggest you take surgery at d10

[->Lazarus] 10:24 am: Okay

[Lazarus] 10:24 am: if you sue them after the fact, each point counts as one point, so you would need to use two

[] 10:25 am: (Btw just for referance im doing all the voodoo dances i can to get good rolls for this session it might spill over badly for others *cough*)

[Lazarus->] 10:25 am: You say you are talented as an asset, what are you talented in? You have to pick a specialty

[redwolffclaw] 10:25 am: Ok i spend two plot points.

[Lazarus] 10:26 am: (Seems like red and boomer have got you covered gabel)

[Lazarus] 10:26 am: ok red

[->Lazarus] 10:26 am: Oh, sorry. Medical Expertise - General Practise

[Lazarus] 10:26 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 10:26 am:

-> 2d6 (2,1 = 3)

-> 2d6 (2,3 = 5)

 

[Lazarus->] 10:26 am: you have to pick a specialty al surgery or physiology, you can pick the base skill

[Lazarus] 10:27 am: and the two nimrods ARE surprised, so despite your low init, you go first

[redwolffclaw] 10:27 am: woo hoo

[Lazarus->] 10:27 am: you CAN'T pick even

[redwolffclaw] 10:27 am: Ok i am two fisted. Does that mean I can make two attacks at my regular attack?

[redwolffclaw] 10:27 am: without having to go down a step?

[Lazarus] 10:28 am: two fisted means you don't get the off hand penalty

[] 10:28 am: (Nope, tried that one with two pistols.)

[redwolffclaw] 10:28 am: ok so one will be one step lower

[Lazarus] 10:28 am: first attack is normal, second is -1step

[redwolffclaw] 10:28 am: ok. I can do that.

[redwolffclaw] 10:28 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)

[redwolffclaw] 10:28 am:

-> 2d8 (2,6 = 8)

 

[redwolffclaw] 10:29 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)

[redwolffclaw] 10:29 am:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (1) = 7

 

[->Lazarus] 10:29 am: Surgery, then. Or is there a surgeon, already?

[Lazarus] 10:29 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 10:29 am:

-> 2d6 (5,4 = 9)

-> 2d6 (6,5 = 11)

 

[redwolffclaw] 10:29 am: crap... you suck

[Lazarus] 10:29 am: they may be stupid, but they are not slow

[redwolffclaw] 10:30 am: neither am I :D Plus I only need to keep um busy till boomer gets a head start

[->Lazarus] 10:30 am: Ironic that the RP session with actually be highly combat filled?

[redwolffclaw] 10:30 am: plus she can bring back help.... hopefully

[->Lazarus] 10:30 am: *will actually

[Lazarus->] 10:30 am: ok, rereading your PC, you did take general practice as a specialty and that is legit, you you are done

[Lazarus->] 10:31 am: yeah, go figure

[] 10:31 am: See thats why i wanted laz to roll for boomer and alex.

[->Lazarus] 10:31 am: Thank you.

[Lazarus] 10:31 am: ok

[Lazarus] 10:31 am: the two mean snarl and draw weapons of their own

[Lazarus] 10:31 am: one has a knife and the other a club

[Lazarus] 10:31 am: the third guy arrives and draws a knife as well, but will not be able to attack

[Lazarus->] 10:32 am: no prob

[Lazarus] 10:32 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 10:32 am:

-> 2d6 (4,1 = 5)

-> 2d6 (6,1 = 7)

 

[Lazarus] 10:32 am: ok for defense red, you've already used two actions

[Lazarus] 10:32 am: you only have one action left

[redwolffclaw] 10:33 am: the five wont hit and I will try to dodge the seven

[Lazarus] 10:33 am: you can take one active dodge with the penalty for your third action

[redwolffclaw] 10:33 am: Please please.....

[redwolffclaw] 10:33 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d4)

[redwolffclaw] 10:33 am:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d4 (3) = 4

 

[redwolffclaw] 10:34 am: BAH

[Lazarus] 10:34 am: the second attack, you can only use innate defense, which is just your agility, but it is a free action

[redwolffclaw] 10:34 am: wha?

[Lazarus] 10:34 am: 2 plot points will save you

[redwolffclaw] 10:34 am: I only have one

[] 10:34 am: (Dont forget to use plot points red before you roll :P)

[Lazarus] 10:34 am: you have been attacked twice

[redwolffclaw] 10:34 am: Wait

[Lazarus] 10:34 am: you have to avoid both

[redwolffclaw] 10:34 am: OH, then I would have just used my inate

[Lazarus] 10:35 am: you have one action left for an active dodge

[Lazarus] 10:35 am: then you can only use innate

[redwolffclaw] 10:35 am: it is 6 and only one would have hit me. I thought I only had to dodge the second one and the first would not hit

[redwolffclaw] 10:35 am: Sorry, I will just use inate

[Lazarus] 10:35 am: innate is rolling your agility, it's not a fixed number

[redwolffclaw] 10:36 am: .... oh. I am dumb.

[Lazarus] 10:36 am: no you ae not

[redwolffclaw] 10:36 am: ok want me to re roll or just keep the 4?

[Lazarus] 10:36 am: and you can always use plot points

[Lazarus] 10:37 am: since you are new and you rolled before I finished

[Lazarus] 10:37 am: I'll give you a chance to roll again

[Lazarus] 10:37 am: now wait

[redwolffclaw] 10:37 am: olk

[Lazarus] 10:37 am: you have d6+d4 as your active dodge

[Lazarus] 10:37 am: and then all you have is your d6 innate

[Lazarus] 10:37 am: you have 4 plot points

[redwolffclaw] 10:38 am: Oh, i thought I only had one more.

[Lazarus] 10:38 am: you can use them or not

[Lazarus] 10:38 am: new session plot points reset

[redwolffclaw] 10:38 am: yea

[redwolffclaw] 10:38 am: ok. I will use two plot points.

[redwolffclaw] 10:38 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+2d4)

[redwolffclaw] 10:38 am:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 2d4 (3,1 = 4) = 10

 

[Lazarus] 10:38 am: ok

[redwolffclaw] 10:38 am: Woot

[Lazarus] 10:39 am: you have 2 let

[Lazarus] 10:39 am: left*

[Lazarus] 10:39 am: you now have to avoid that 7

[Lazarus] 10:39 am: you have your base innate defense of d6

[redwolffclaw] 10:39 am: Gah. I thought that was to do that.

[Lazarus] 10:39 am: and you have 2 plot points

[redwolffclaw] 10:39 am: ok. I will have to use them

[Lazarus] 10:40 am: This is the trap in cortex of going all in on the attack

[Lazarus] 10:40 am: roll it then, good luck

[Lazarus] 10:40 am: or break a leg

[redwolffclaw] 10:40 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d4)

[redwolffclaw] 10:40 am:

-> 1d6 (4)+ 1d4 (3) = 7

 

[redwolffclaw] 10:40 am: ha

[Zeenix] 10:40 am: Literally?

[Lazarus] 10:41 am: that is still a glancing blow as you did not exceed the attack

[Lazarus] 10:41 am: starts rolling some dice: (d4)

[Lazarus] 10:41 am:

-> 1d4 (4)

 

[Lazarus] 10:41 am: you take 4 stun

[redwolffclaw] 10:41 am: I know. But still.

[redwolffclaw] 10:41 am: ok.

[Lazarus] 10:41 am: good thng that was the club and not the knife

[Lazarus] 10:42 am: ok, there are some things you can do in the fight to help you.

[redwolffclaw] 10:42 am: can I go for their weapon hands?

[Lazarus] 10:42 am: you can go all out attack, that gives you +2 steps in your attack, but you get NO defense

[Lazarus] 10:43 am: You can go all out defense, +2 steps to dodge, but NO attack

[Lazarus] 10:43 am: you can make a disarm attack

[redwolffclaw] 10:43 am: I will try and do that.

[Lazarus] 10:44 am: -1 step to hit, but +2 steps to damage

[redwolffclaw] 10:44 am: i will get the guy with the knife to drop it.

[redwolffclaw] 10:44 am: Ok... here goes nothin.

[redwolffclaw] 10:44 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)

[redwolffclaw] 10:44 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (6) = 11

 

[Lazarus] 10:44 am: I will give you 2 plot points for turning to face these guys so boomer to escape

[redwolffclaw] 10:44 am: woo.

[Lazarus] 10:45 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 10:45 am:

-> 2d6 (4,2 = 6)

 

[Lazarus] 10:45 am: slice

[redwolffclaw] 10:45 am: does his hand go bye bye?

[->Lazarus] 10:45 am: Can you email my PC back to me so I can write him up properly? Thanks

[Lazarus->] 10:45 am: ok hang on

[->Lazarus] 10:45 am: Email: tonymorris57AThotmail.co.uk

[Lazarus] 10:46 am: ok, you did 2 wound and 3 stun with the basic damage which is the difference between his defense and your attack

[redwolffclaw] 10:46 am: ok i get 1d8 damage with the +2 steps and then 2 extra wounds right?

[Lazarus] 10:46 am: you now get to roll knife damge +2 step which is now d8

[redwolffclaw] 10:47 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8)

[redwolffclaw] 10:47 am:

-> 1d8 (2)

 

[redwolffclaw] 10:47 am: GAH

[Lazarus] 10:47 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 10:47 am:

-> 2d6 (6,4 = 10)

 

[Lazarus] 10:47 am: he grunts in pain. He hangs onto the knife, but is not attacking

[redwolffclaw] 10:48 am: Ok. I will see if I need to actively dodge after the others go

[Lazarus] 10:48 am: the other two men fan out to attack from different sides, things look grim for Jo....

[Lazarus] 10:49 am: Meanwhile back in Platz's office....

[Lazarus->] 10:49 am: You're up

[Lazarus] 10:50 am: Platz blinks in surprise. "You surprise me. Iskellian's crew strikes me as being very loyal. Why do I suspect treachery on your part?"

[Lazarus->] 10:50 am: sent

[Lazarus->] 10:51 am: yoooo hoooooo

[Lazarus] 10:51 am: (Mick?)

[->Lazarus] 10:51 am: Jeeeze

[->Lazarus] 10:51 am: I was typing something, then you posted...

[->Lazarus] 10:51 am: And you've given me like 30 seconds to reply. Lol

[->Lazarus] 10:51 am: I had to type up something completely different.

[Lazarus->] 10:52 am: ok

[] 10:52 am: James just shrugged it off. "Probably because I am a passenger, not part of his crew. I just met the guy on the last planet he was on. I came to you looking for work, and you've offered me some."

[->Lazarus] 10:52 am: Thanks

[Lazarus] 10:53 am: "I see...a man of little conscience and low morals. I believe we can deal."

[Lazarus] 10:54 am: "Since you are forthcoming, I'll sweeten the pot. Bring me his head was a bit of melodrama on my part as I figured you'd reject my offer out of hand."

[->Lazarus] 10:54 am: It didn't come thru.

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: Tigernan has left at 10:54 am+

[Lazarus->] 10:55 am: hang on

[] 10:56 am: "I feel like I have not been given just representation by the man I got your name through then." A smirk flashed as he stood there. "So what are you proposing now?"

[Lazarus] 10:56 am: "I really don't want his head, I want him. He cost me a lot of money. Suppressing that little farmer's rebellion set me back more coin than I like to think about."

[Lazarus] 10:56 am: "I want you to bring me Iskellian alive and well."

[Lazarus] 10:57 am: "How you lure him here is up to you. You succeed, I'll pay you 500 credits. You fail or dublecross me...we'll Guido and No-Neck will get their fun."

[->Lazarus] 10:58 am: Let me give you the address again: tonymorris57AThotmail.co.uk

[redwolffclaw] 10:58 am: (Cue dramatic music) Bum bum bum!!

[Lazarus->] 10:59 am: resent

[] 10:59 am: "Shouldn't be a problem, the man is as trusting as they come. In other words, gullible..... But.. in my neck of the 'Verse, it's customary to pay half upfront as a show of good faith."

[Lazarus] 11:00 am: "I'm paying you half up front by not having you worked over up front."

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: has left at 11:00 am+

[->Lazarus] 11:01 am: Still nothing. Lemme reboot and get back to you

[Lazarus->] 11:01 am: ok,

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: has left at 11:01 am+

[] 11:01 am: "Ah, a masterful bargainer. I see the merit in how it's done around here." James always seemed to have confidence. Perhaps too much at times, but even in moments like this, perhaps it could come off as confidence that he had no problem getting the job done.

[Lazarus] 11:03 am: "My...associates will see you out. You ae now being watched. Act stupid and you'll suffer right next to Iskellian. Good Evening."

[Lazarus] 11:03 am: The two goons identified as Guido and No-Neck take up flanking positions and escort James from the warehouse

[Lazarus] 11:03 am: On the ship...

[->Lazarus] 11:04 am: Oh, also wanted to look as I was walking out.

[Lazarus->] 11:04 am: ok

[->Lazarus] 11:04 am: You know, just being observant so I am not blind of the place.

[->Lazarus] 11:04 am: Alertness + Perception?

[Lazarus] 11:05 am: Just as John exits the limo, Alex comes running to him. "Trouble captain. Boomer and Jo are in some kind of fight. Jo is fighting three guys. BOomer sounded on the raggedy edge."

[Lazarus->] 11:05 am: yes

[] 11:06 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)

[] 11:06 am:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d6 (4) = 7

 

[Lazarus->] 11:06 am: you are being followed

[->Lazarus] 11:06 am: I meant more observant about the inside of the warehouse as I left.

[Lazarus->] 11:06 am: guy is ok, but it doesn't looke like he's trying all that hard not to be seen either

[Lazarus->] 11:06 am: you got a decent look

[Lazarus->] 11:07 am: might have to roll recall for specifics, but a decent look

[Lazarus] 11:07 am: (Gabel?)

[] 11:07 am: What ?! *Johns face becomes serious* Where are they and how do we get there

[->Lazarus] 11:08 am: How do sneak attacks work in this game, anyway?

[Lazarus] 11:09 am: "Boomer said not far, four or five blocks at most west."

[] 11:09 am: Lets go *starts running*

[Lazarus->] 11:09 am: well, define sneak

[Lazarus] 11:10 am: Zack, you joining the party?

[->Lazarus] 11:10 am: As in.. you take someone by surprise with a knife from behind.

[Lazarus] 11:10 am: "You sure you want me to go captain? You know how stuff happens when I leave."

[Zeenix] 11:10 am: (Sure, I wasn't sure if I knew what was happening)

[] 11:10 am: Then stay with the ship *Yelling as hes running* Tell the doc to catch up if he can.

[Lazarus] 11:11 am: Let's say you were on the bridge and followed Alex

[Lazarus->] 11:11 am: you'd have to do some covert rolls to break contact, get behind him, and then get close enough

[Lazarus] 11:11 am: Alex runs back to the bridge

[->Lazarus] 11:11 am: I didn't even mean him specifically.

[Zeenix] 11:11 am: *I take my pistol and my doc bag and follow*

[Lazarus->] 11:12 am: lots of variables, so it's hard to say specifics

[->Lazarus] 11:12 am: I was just wondering if a person with no knife skill can still shank someone to death with a sneak attack from behind, is all.

[] 11:12 am: No guns on planet Zack

[Lazarus] 11:12 am: ok zack will be three rounds behind John

[Zeenix] 11:12 am: (Oh, I guess I'll go unarmed then)

[] 11:13 am: (New policy on the planet if you get cought with a gun you will be charged with the full force of the law or somesuch)

[Lazarus->] 11:13 am: you can always use plot points to cover for a lack of a skill

[] 11:13 am: (Because of the neo browncoats)

[redwolffclaw] 11:13 am: (have you guys ever actually run into the crew of serenity in this game?)

[->Lazarus] 11:13 am: Yes, I was justwondering if surprise from behind gave me anything.

[Lazarus] 11:13 am: meanwhile back with Jo...

[Zeenix] 11:13 am: (No, that would be really corny...)

[] 11:13 am: (Nope)

[Lazarus] 11:13 am: (no, never know what could happen though)

[redwolffclaw] 11:13 am: (Ok, was just wondering)

[Lazarus->] 11:14 am: target number drops to 3

[] 11:14 am: ( Well they'd be without Book and Wash.. )

[Lazarus->] 11:14 am: so just dont fumble and you hit

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: Dusterboy has entered at 11:14 am+

[Lazarus] 11:14 am: (True)

[->Lazarus] 11:14 am: Ah, alright.

[redwolffclaw] 11:14 am: I try to psych out the guys flanking me. "You two come any closer and your faces will end up being worse than mine..."

[Lazarus] 11:15 am: ok Jo, that is an intimidation roll -1 step for 2nd action

[Dusterboy->Lazarus] 11:15 am: Okay, I've got the character. Thank you

[redwolffclaw] 11:15 am: oh...nm then. Will just razz them out of principal

[redwolffclaw] 11:15 am: principle

[redwolffclaw] 11:15 am: i cannot spell

[Lazarus] 11:15 am: ok

[Lazarus->Dusterboy] 11:16 am: good

[Lazarus] 11:16 am: you have only used one action, so you can take active dodges against both of them

[Lazarus] 11:16 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:16 am:

-> 2d6 (3,1 = 4)

-> 2d6 (1,1 = 2)

 

[Lazarus] 11:16 am: well fudge

[redwolffclaw] 11:16 am: (If I seem forgetful and loopy i am sorry guys. I work an 10 hour overnight before coming to game.)

[redwolffclaw] 11:17 am: WOO

[redwolffclaw] 11:17 am: ok. Active dodge for the first one.... passive for the second

[redwolffclaw] 11:17 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 11:17 am:

-> 2d6 (6,3 = 9)

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:18 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6)

[redwolffclaw] 11:18 am:

-> 1d6 (1)

 

[Lazarus] 11:18 am: the two men lunge forward, but as one attacks, the man Jo cuts picks that second to step forward and collides with one of the others and the attacker drops his club in surprise

[redwolffclaw] 11:18 am: REALLY!???

[Lazarus] 11:18 am: you easily dodge the ONE attack and you have an action left

[redwolffclaw] 11:18 am: oh... if he drops his club then nm.. I just have to dodge the one.

[Lazarus] 11:19 am: you can attack again if you like with the -2step

[redwolffclaw] 11:19 am: Ok I go for a throat slash. why not

[Lazarus] 11:19 am: called shot -2 more steps

[Lazarus] 11:19 am: that exceeds your skill with knife

[redwolffclaw] 11:19 am: i will use one plot point. for this cheap shot.

[redwolffclaw] 11:20 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d2)

[redwolffclaw] 11:20 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d2 (1) = 6

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:20 am: dodge this!

[Lazarus] 11:20 am: you are only d6 with knives

[] 11:20 am: (1d6+1d2-1d8= 0)

[Lazarus] 11:20 am: and a throat slash would put you at -4 steps on your 3rd actions

[redwolffclaw] 11:21 am: I have a d8 on knives. Remember I told you I took out piloting and upped my knives

[redwolffclaw] 11:21 am: that was after I sent you my character sheet.

[Lazarus] 11:22 am: guess I missed that, but that skill puts you at -4 steps to a d8 skill which leaves you at skill d0, you can attack his arm

[redwolffclaw] 11:22 am: whoops. I have a d8 str and I used a plot point... should be 1d8+2

[Lazarus] 11:22 am: it's skill driven

[redwolffclaw] 11:23 am: oh ok. I get it.

[Lazarus] 11:23 am: you can't do an action that zeroes skill regardless of stat

[Lazarus] 11:23 am: you can try and disarm him

[redwolffclaw] 11:23 am: Ok, cool.

[Lazarus] 11:23 am: and that 6 will stand

[Lazarus] 11:23 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)

[Lazarus] 11:23 am:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d4 (3) = 9

 

[Lazarus] 11:24 am: he's seen that movie though and dodges

[Lazarus] 11:24 am: ok John and Zack....

[redwolffclaw] 11:24 am: okey dokey.

[Lazarus] 11:24 am: you are in an extended action....

[Lazarus] 11:24 am: task is HARD or 55

[Lazarus] 11:24 am: you will roll agility + Athletics

[Lazarus] 11:25 am: when you total 55 you reach the fight

[Lazarus] 11:25 am: please make your first rolls

[Lazarus] 11:25 am: you CAN use plot points

[Lazarus] 11:25 am: John can use leadership

[] 11:25 am: I activate leadership and tell Zack to move his ass

[Lazarus->Dusterboy] 11:25 am: odd you had to reboot

[Lazarus] 11:26 am: +2steps to athletics

[Zeenix] 11:26 am: Werent I 3 turns behind John or something?

[Dusterboy->Lazarus] 11:26 am: I know. But my computer is just about on it's last legs.

[] 11:26 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d10)

[] 11:26 am:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d10 (3) = 7

 

[Zeenix] 11:26 am: *three rounds

[] 11:26 am: Well still cant manage any high rolls anyway but better then nothing.

[Lazarus] 11:26 am: you still have to roll the 55 and since you didn't get the gun, I'll say +2 rounds

[redwolffclaw] 11:26 am: (Aw, Monkey's singer Davey Jones died)

[Lazarus] 11:26 am: REALLY?

[Zeenix] 11:27 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d10)

[Zeenix] 11:27 am:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d10 (2) = 6

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:27 am: (yeah heart attack this morning)

[Lazarus] 11:27 am: ok, meanwhile back with Jo

[Lazarus] 11:27 am: init

[Lazarus] 11:27 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:27 am:

-> 2d6 (5,4 = 9)

-> 2d6 (2,1 = 3)

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:27 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 11:27 am:

-> 2d6 (3,6 = 9)

 

[Lazarus] 11:27 am: roll again

[Lazarus] 11:28 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:28 am:

-> 2d6 (2,2 = 4)

 

[] 11:28 am: (Can jo try to run or not ?(

[] 11:28 am: (Or do the goons have her grappled or something)

[Lazarus] 11:28 am: (she sure could)

[Lazarus] 11:28 am: no grapple, of either kind

[Lazarus] 11:28 am: roll your init again red

[redwolffclaw] 11:29 am: sorry one sec

[redwolffclaw] 11:29 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 11:29 am:

-> 2d6 (2,1 = 3)

 

[Lazarus->Dusterboy] 11:29 am: that explains a lot

[Lazarus] 11:29 am: one goes first

[Lazarus] 11:29 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:29 am:

-> 2d6 (3,1 = 4)

 

[Lazarus] 11:29 am: fudge

[Lazarus] 11:29 am: roll a 5 to dodge

[redwolffclaw] 11:30 am: I will actively dodge.

[Lazarus] 11:30 am: ok

[redwolffclaw] 11:30 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d8)

[redwolffclaw] 11:30 am:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d8 (6) = 8

 

[Lazarus] 11:31 am: WIFF

[Lazarus] 11:31 am: one guy is picking up his club, the wounded guy is advancing with the knife in his off hand

[Lazarus] 11:31 am: your attack

[Lazarus] 11:31 am: or whatever you do

[redwolffclaw] 11:33 am: ok...

[redwolffclaw] 11:34 am: I judo kick the guy picking up the club right in the head.

[redwolffclaw] 11:34 am: since he is bent over does that reduce his defense?

[Lazarus] 11:35 am: not really

[Lazarus] 11:35 am: head shot is -2 steps

[redwolffclaw] 11:36 am: i will use a plot point.

[Lazarus] 11:36 am: ok

[redwolffclaw] 11:36 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+2d2)

[redwolffclaw] 11:36 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 2d2 (2,1 = 3) = 8

 

[Lazarus] 11:37 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:37 am:

-> 2d6 (6,6 = 12)

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:38 am: great. I am fighting neo

[Lazarus] 11:38 am: guess he didn't want to be kicked

[Lazarus] 11:38 am: last guy takes a stab

[Lazarus] 11:38 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d2)

[Lazarus] 11:38 am:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d2 (1) = 4

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:38 am: does it at least stop him from picking up the club?

[] 11:38 am: Btw im just going to tell alex to try get into contact with them tell them we are on our way.

[Lazarus] 11:38 am: you have an active dodge left red

[redwolffclaw] 11:39 am: i will active dodge then.

[redwolffclaw] 11:39 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d4)

[redwolffclaw] 11:39 am:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d4 (1) = 4

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:39 am: i spend my last plot point to not be hit

[Lazarus] 11:39 am: ok

[Lazarus] 11:39 am: next round zack and john roll

[Lazarus] 11:39 am: jo roll init

[] 11:40 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+d10)

[] 11:40 am:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d10 (7) = 11

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:40 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 11:40 am:

-> 2d6 (2,4 = 6)

 

[Lazarus] 11:40 am: Zack?

[Zeenix] 11:41 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d10)

[Zeenix] 11:41 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d10 (3) = 8

 

[Lazarus] 11:41 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:41 am:

-> 2d6 (2,6 = 8)

-> 2d6 (6,5 = 11)

-> 2d6 (3,6 = 9)

 

[Zeenix] 11:41 am: still +2 steps right?

[redwolffclaw] 11:41 am: crap

[Lazarus] 11:41 am: yes

[Lazarus] 11:41 am: I'm going to rule that since dude did roll a 12 on his dodge, he grabbed his club

[Lazarus] 11:42 am: (**CoughAll Out DefenseCOugh**)

[Lazarus] 11:42 am: the three men advance murder in their eyes

[redwolffclaw] 11:42 am: I will go all out defense....

[redwolffclaw] 11:43 am: I guess they hate having their arses kicked by a girl

[Lazarus] 11:43 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6;d6+d2)

[Lazarus] 11:43 am:

-> 2d6 (5,3 = 8)

-> 2d6 (1,6 = 7)

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d2 (1) = 4

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:43 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d12)

[redwolffclaw] 11:43 am:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d12 (7) = 13

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:44 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d10)

[redwolffclaw] 11:44 am:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d10 (5) = 8

 

[Lazarus] 11:44 am: you still have to roll three times

[Lazarus] 11:44 am: so far so good

[redwolffclaw] 11:44 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d8)

[redwolffclaw] 11:44 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d8 (3) = 8

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:44 am: you guys suck!

[Lazarus] 11:44 am: Like the ninja Jo avoids their clumsy attacks

[Lazarus] 11:44 am: next round

[redwolffclaw] 11:44 am: too bad no one else saw that

[Lazarus] 11:45 am: you know

[Lazarus] 11:45 am: John and Zack run

[Lazarus] 11:45 am: jo init

[redwolffclaw] 11:45 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 11:45 am:

-> 2d6 (3,3 = 6)

 

[Zeenix] 11:45 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d10)

[Zeenix] 11:45 am:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d10 (9) = 16

 

[Lazarus] 11:45 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:45 am:

-> 2d6 (3,6 = 9)

-> 2d6 (4,5 = 9)

-> 2d6 (6,1 = 7)

 

[] 11:46 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d10)

[] 11:46 am:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d10 (6) = 14

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:46 am: full defense... again

[Lazarus] 11:46 am: looks like more of the same for jo as the thugs go first

[redwolffclaw] 11:46 am: *crosses fingers*

[Lazarus] 11:46 am: John can see a small heavily burdened figure approaching in the distance running his way

[Lazarus] 11:47 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6;d6+d4)

[Lazarus] 11:47 am:

-> 2d6 (5,4 = 9)

-> 2d6 (6,4 = 10)

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d4 (3) = 4

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:47 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+12)

[redwolffclaw] 11:47 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 12 (12) = 17

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:47 am: HA

[redwolffclaw] 11:47 am: oh wait

[redwolffclaw] 11:47 am: starts rolling some dice: (/1d6+1d12)

[redwolffclaw] 11:47 am:

-> / 1d6 (4)+ 1d12 (10) = 10

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:47 am: that is better.

[redwolffclaw] 11:47 am: starts rolling some dice: (/1d6+1d10)

[redwolffclaw] 11:47 am:

-> / 1d6 (5)+ 1d10 (8) = 8

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:48 am: starts rolling some dice: (/1d6+1d8)

[redwolffclaw] 11:48 am:

-> / 1d6 (5)+ 1d8 (5) = 5

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:48 am: one hits...

[Lazarus] 11:48 am: one of the club manages a hit

[redwolffclaw] 11:48 am: damn that guy.

[Lazarus] 11:48 am: starts rolling some dice: (d4)

[Lazarus] 11:48 am:

-> 1d4 (2)

 

[Lazarus] 11:48 am: you take 1 wound and 3 stun

[redwolffclaw] 11:49 am: ok.

[Lazarus] 11:49 am: runners, you can use plot points for each roll if you like

[Lazarus] 11:49 am: 1 wound 7 stun total jo

[Lazarus] 11:49 am: and next round

[redwolffclaw] 11:49 am: does that cause me any minuses?

[Lazarus] 11:49 am: no

[redwolffclaw] 11:49 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 11:49 am:

-> 2d6 (1,4 = 5)

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:49 am: *bangs head on keyboard*

[Lazarus] 11:50 am: lol you sound like gabel

[Lazarus] 11:50 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:50 am:

-> 2d6 (2,2 = 4)

-> 2d6 (3,1 = 4)

-> 2d6 (3,2 = 5)

 

[] 11:50 am: Hey i have legitimate reasons for it !

[Lazarus] 11:50 am: LOL

[Lazarus] 11:50 am: roll again red

[Lazarus] 11:50 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:50 am:

-> 2d6 (3,4 = 7)

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:50 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 11:50 am:

-> 2d6 (3,4 = 7)

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:50 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 11:50 am:

-> 2d6 (1,6 = 7)

 

[Lazarus] 11:50 am: ok, two pushes go to PC you win

[->Lazarus] 11:50 am: So this fight has been going on for over a minute, right?

[redwolffclaw] 11:50 am: oh ok.

[->Lazarus] 11:50 am: Are there no guards or police or anything?

[redwolffclaw] 11:50 am: I go for a throat.

[redwolffclaw] 11:51 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)

[redwolffclaw] 11:51 am:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d4 (1) = 7

 

[Lazarus->] 11:51 am: a round is only 3 seconds, so not yet

[Lazarus->] 11:51 am: this is an industial part of town

[Lazarus] 11:51 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:51 am:

-> 2d6 (3,4 = 7)

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:51 am: WOO.

[Lazarus] 11:51 am: GURK

[Lazarus] 11:52 am: you do d12 damage

[Lazarus] 11:52 am: which guy do you attack?

[redwolffclaw] 11:52 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12)

[redwolffclaw] 11:52 am:

-> 1d12 (9)

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:52 am: the guy with the knife

[Lazarus] 11:52 am: THUD

[Lazarus] 11:52 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:52 am:

-> 2d6 (6,3 = 9)

-> 2d6 (6,4 = 10)

 

[->Lazarus] 11:52 am: Oh, alright.

[redwolffclaw] 11:52 am: That is Lieutenant bad ass to the rest of you!

[Lazarus] 11:53 am: The two survivors are not happy

[->Lazarus] 11:53 am: So not quite a minute. More like 45 seconds.

[Lazarus] 11:53 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 11:53 am:

-> 2d6 (4,1 = 5)

-> 2d6 (6,1 = 7)

 

[Lazarus->] 11:53 am: about

[redwolffclaw] 11:53 am: i will active dodge

[Lazarus] 11:53 am: john and zack roll running

[redwolffclaw] 11:53 am: which ones do I have to beat? the first or the second roll you did?

[] 11:53 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d10)

[] 11:53 am:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d10 (7) = 14

 

[Lazarus] 11:54 am: both, those are the two attacks red

[Lazarus] 11:54 am: John sees an out of breath Boomer come running up "JO IS IN TROUBLE!"

[redwolffclaw] 11:55 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 11:55 am:

-> 2d6 (6,2 = 8)

 

[Lazarus] 11:55 am: In the distance, John can see three figures fighting

[] 11:55 am: Get back to the ship boomer Zack is right behind me *Running past Booms*

[Lazarus] 11:55 am: Zack?

[redwolffclaw] 11:55 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d4)

[redwolffclaw] 11:55 am:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d4 (4) = 5

 

[Zeenix] 11:55 am: Still running?

[redwolffclaw] 11:55 am: second one hits.

[Zeenix] 11:55 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d10)

[Zeenix] 11:55 am:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d10 (10) = 17

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:55 am: if it is the club guy... he is next

[Lazarus] 11:55 am: it is club guy

[Lazarus] 11:55 am: both have clubs though

[Lazarus] 11:56 am: starts rolling some dice: (d4)

[Lazarus] 11:56 am:

-> 1d4 (4)

 

[redwolffclaw] 11:56 am: "You are on my list buddy"

[Lazarus] 11:56 am: another wound and 5 more stun

[redwolffclaw] 11:56 am: okey dokey.

[Lazarus] 11:56 am: THAT one hurt

[Lazarus] 11:56 am: you are at 2 wounds and 12 stun

[Lazarus] 11:57 am: roll Vit+will

[redwolffclaw] 11:57 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 11:57 am:

-> 2d6 (4,3 = 7)

 

[Lazarus] 11:58 am: you manage to stay concious, but things are starting to get fuzzy

[redwolffclaw] 11:58 am: ok.

[Lazarus] 11:58 am: Ok here's the deal

[Lazarus] 11:59 am: Jo has to roll vit+will and get a 7 to stay conscious. I have John at a total of 46 on his run, he needs to get to 55 to reach the fight this round

[redwolffclaw] 11:59 am: i am totally gonna full attack these guys and take um out.

[Lazarus] 11:59 am: Zack can see Boomer running his way

[->Lazarus] 11:59 am: Im going to use the rest of my plot points to run in and dropkick a guy right in the fact.

[Zeenix] 11:59 am: (kay)

[redwolffclaw] 12:00 pm: depending on where I am in the initiative...

[Lazarus] 12:00 pm: ok Jo, you've got roll vit+will first

[Lazarus->] 12:00 pm: you've got 6

[->Lazarus] 12:00 pm: That is if i reach this round obviously

[redwolffclaw] 12:00 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 12:00 pm:

-> 2d6 (2,4 = 6)

 

[redwolffclaw] 12:00 pm: can I burn a plot point?

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: Ashene has left at 12:00 pm+

[->Lazarus] 12:00 pm: Basically im just going to run in full force and clothesline the first guy i see.

[Lazarus] 12:00 pm: since fighting three guys was pretty cool. I'll give you a plot point to spend to stay on your feet

[redwolffclaw] 12:01 pm: sweet.

[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: but you are tapped out now

[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: init

[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)

[Lazarus] 12:01 pm:

-> 2d6 (2,1 = 3)

-> 2d6 (1,4 = 5)

 

[redwolffclaw] 12:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[redwolffclaw] 12:01 pm:

-> 2d6 (2,4 = 6)

 

[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: easy pickings

[redwolffclaw] 12:01 pm: Full attack!

[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: john make your run roll

[redwolffclaw] 12:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d12)

[redwolffclaw] 12:01 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d12 (5) = 11

 

[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: you can use plot points

[] 12:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d10)

[] 12:01 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d10 (4) = 11

 

[redwolffclaw] 12:01 pm: oops

[] 12:02 pm: I use my plot points on attack

[redwolffclaw] 12:02 pm: neck shot is -2 steps

[] 12:02 pm: And to make this look awesome

[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: ok john, you arrive

[redwolffclaw] 12:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (/1d8+1d8)

[redwolffclaw] 12:02 pm:

-> / 1d8 (7)+ 1d8 (5) = 5

 

[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: slow down

[redwolffclaw] 12:02 pm: Sorry.

[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: you are on your second attack john

[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: however, back to Ninja Jo

[] 12:02 pm: so -1

[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 12:03 pm:

-> 2d6 (3,3 = 6)

 

[redwolffclaw] 12:03 pm: Ok. Sorry. I will roll slower.

[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: STAB

[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: d12 damage jo

[redwolffclaw] 12:03 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12)

[redwolffclaw] 12:03 pm:

-> 1d12 (6)

 

[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 12:04 pm:

-> 2d6 (4,5 = 9)

 

[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: you manage to stab one Jo, but you miss the other

[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: however, from behind, a figure boils in

[redwolffclaw] 12:05 pm: hold on. I rolled the wrong one on the second one

[Lazarus->] 12:05 pm: you can attack, but I don;t think you need to use all your PP

[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: ok

[redwolffclaw] 12:05 pm: I was supposed to be at 1d8+1d10

[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: rollit then

[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: need a 9

[redwolffclaw] 12:05 pm: Since I screwed up and didnt call the throat shot.

[redwolffclaw] 12:06 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d10)

[redwolffclaw] 12:06 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d10 (6) = 7

 

[->Lazarus] 12:06 pm: kk i spend 2 pp then.

[redwolffclaw] 12:06 pm: ok miss

[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: Ok, no change. John's attack

[Lazarus->] 12:06 pm: otay

[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 12:06 pm:

-> 2d6 (2,1 = 3)

 

[] 12:06 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6+1d4)

[] 12:06 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d6 (4)+ 1d4 (3) = 8

 

[Lazarus->] 12:07 pm: he doesn't even see you, this will be ugly

[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: The figure clothes lines the other man

[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d2;2d6)

[Lazarus] 12:07 pm:

-> 2d2 (1,1 = 2)

-> 2d6 (6,4 = 10)

 

[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: THe man Jo stabbed RUNS

[Lazarus] 12:08 pm: screaming like a school girl

[->Lazarus] 12:08 pm: Im going to pin him on the ground

[->Lazarus] 12:08 pm: I want answers....

[redwolffclaw] 12:08 pm: I get one more shot right?

[Lazarus] 12:08 pm: the second guy is made of sterned stuff and attempts to regain his feet

[Lazarus] 12:09 pm: yes you do Red

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: Throol has entered at 12:09 pm+

[Lazarus->] 12:09 pm: Have you tried Hari Krishna?

[Lazarus] 12:09 pm: (Howdy)

[redwolffclaw] 12:09 pm: Would it be knives or thrown weapons to throw the knife at him?

[Throol] 12:09 pm: (hi all)

[->Lazarus] 12:09 pm: Never

[Dusterboy] 12:10 pm: Hi Throol

[Lazarus] 12:10 pm: thrown

[->Lazarus] 12:10 pm: Im guessing its a sport for pinning opponents

[Lazarus->] 12:10 pm: It's a bad joke. It's a wacky religion. You said you wanted answers

[redwolffclaw] 12:10 pm: Ok i will just stabby stab the guy here then.

[->Lazarus] 12:10 pm: haha

[Zeenix] 12:10 pm: Hi throol

[redwolffclaw] 12:11 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)

[redwolffclaw] 12:11 pm:

-> 2d8 (8,1 = 9)

 

[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)

[Lazarus] 12:11 pm:

-> 1d6 (4)

 

[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: ow

[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: roll d4 damage red

[redwolffclaw] 12:11 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d4)

[redwolffclaw] 12:11 pm:

-> 1d4 (2)

 

[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 12:11 pm:

-> 2d6 (1,5 = 6)

 

[redwolffclaw] 12:12 pm: What is that guy made of now.. heh heh.

[Lazarus] 12:13 pm: "Get this crazy bu hui hen de po fu (remorseless harridan) away from me!"

[Lazarus] 12:13 pm: "I give, I GIVE!"

[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: Zack you arrive

[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: and boomer follows behind

[] 12:14 pm: *John Looms over the man grabbing him by the scruff* You better start talking you gorram son ofa .... or im gonna let the lady finish the job.

[redwolffclaw] 12:14 pm: "Why were you pieces of Feh Feh Pi Gohs (Baboon's ass cracks) following us?

[Lazarus] 12:15 pm: ok, that was awesome Jo, so that's worth 5plot points for overcoming an obstacle and sheer coolness

[redwolffclaw] 12:15 pm: :)

[Lazarus] 12:16 pm: "Talk about what? I'll tell you anything you want to know, just keep that blood thirsty broad away from me!"

[redwolffclaw] 12:16 pm: (I am happy I was able to stay alive, much less kick that much patootie)

[Lazarus] 12:16 pm: you do however feel lightheaded and you are happy to recognize the doc is here

[Zeenix] 12:16 pm: "Looks like she could handle herself fine, next time I wont be in such a hurry to run in and help."

[] 12:16 pm: Who sent ya i wanna know why you Go Neong Yung

Duh were following my crew.

[Lazarus] 12:16 pm: roll agility+first aid zack

[redwolffclaw] 12:17 pm: My poor head is bleeding.

[Zeenix] 12:17 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d10)

[Zeenix] 12:17 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d10 (8) = 13

 

[Lazarus] 12:17 pm: "Your crew? They was two broads travelin' alone, we though we could roll them is all."

[Lazarus] 12:17 pm: roll a d2 Zack

[Zeenix] 12:17 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d2)

[Zeenix] 12:17 pm:

-> 1d2 (2)

 

[Lazarus] 12:18 pm: Zack wipes out the dermal mender and after a liberal dose of smelling salts, the street is less fuzzy and the two wounds are sealed

[Lazarus] 12:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)

[Lazarus] 12:18 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)

 

[Lazarus] 12:18 pm: you are still at 9 stun though Jo, so you KNOW you've been in a fight

[redwolffclaw] 12:19 pm: They know it too... well, at least two of them do.

[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: One is down, the other is bleeding, the third is probably still running

[] 12:20 pm: Lie to me and i wont hesitate doing you in here were you lay you filthy piece of human trash. Now im going to ask you again You like attacking defenceless women with nobody around but i guess she was to much for you to handle you limp *Insert various sorts of foul words* Your comming with me straight to the feds.

[Zeenix] 12:20 pm: "I think you'll fit in quite well, this crew seems to love getting hurt."

[redwolffclaw] 12:20 pm: make him think twice about rolling a couple of girls)

[Lazarus->Zeenix] 12:20 pm: do you check the thugs?

[Zeenix->Lazarus] 12:20 pm: Sure

[Lazarus->Zeenix] 12:21 pm: ok

[] 12:21 pm: Btw now im going to ask him again is with an intimidate roll if needed im just making sure he aint talking out of his ass.

[Zeenix] 12:22 pm: "Captain you sure if you want to take them to the feds? I mean if he doesnt feel like talking I have some tools back at the ship..."

[Lazarus] 12:22 pm: "Look s-sir, we don't know you from Adam or her from Eve, we just work this part of town. Just let me go. Ya done kilt Cackers. We won't bother ya no more ever."

[redwolffclaw] 12:22 pm: *snickers* His name was Crackers?

[Lazarus] 12:23 pm: zack roll int+first aid again

[Zeenix] 12:23 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d10)

[Zeenix] 12:23 pm:

-> 1d10 (7)+ 1d10 (4) = 11

 

[] 12:23 pm: I think you owe the ladies an apology and some money for their trouble thats what i think.

[Lazarus->Zeenix] 12:23 pm: Looks like crackers isn't dead, he doesn't get to a hospital he will be though

[Lazarus] 12:24 pm: "Money? Ya think we have any gorram money? Why do ya think we was trying to roll them?"

[Lazarus->Zeenix] 12:24 pm: You could save him if you wanted

[Zeenix] 12:25 pm: "Captain, not that I care but this "crackers" guy seems like hes taking his last breaths..."

[] 12:25 pm: *Bends his arm back* I didnt hear an apology come out of that two bit mouth of yers.

[Zeenix] 12:25 pm: "Hes going to die soon if he doesnt get help"

[Lazarus] 12:26 pm: "SORRY! SORRY sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry!"

[Lazarus] 12:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)

[Lazarus] 12:26 pm:

-> 2d6 (1,2 = 3)

 

[Lazarus] 12:26 pm: there is a distinct odor of urine about the man now

[] 12:27 pm: Now your friends bleedin over there your going to help us carry him to a hospital and your going to apologize to the ladies.

[redwolffclaw] 12:27 pm: i will be right back in a couple minutes

[] 12:27 pm: Are we clear.

[Lazarus->Zeenix] 12:28 pm: He won't survive a trip to the hospital and then someone might ask some questions

[Lazarus] 12:28 pm: (ok red)

[Zeenix] 12:28 pm: *Sigh* "Really now captain? After Jo did so much hard work to make that guy dead?"

[] 12:28 pm: Zack think ya can stabilize him so we can get him some medical attention

[Zeenix] 12:28 pm: "I THINK I could, doesnt mean that I would like to."

[] 12:29 pm: Thats jo's doing not mine. if were going to take our job seriously from now on even people who we dont agree with need our help so they can better learn the error of their ways *Looking at the guy on the ground in all seriousness*

[Zeenix] 12:29 pm: "Besides if we take this guy to the hospital there will be questions."

[] 12:30 pm: Yeah a mugging happened and a women defended herself.

[Lazarus->] 12:30 pm: you don't even need to roll to know taking him to a fed hospital is going to raise questions you won't want to answer

[] 12:31 pm: Well can you fix him up on the ship ?

[->Lazarus] 12:31 pm: Er

[Lazarus->Zeenix] 12:31 pm: yes you can save him on the ship

[Zeenix] 12:31 pm: *sigh* "This is a waste of time, but if you make me do it I guess I can."

[Zeenix] 12:31 pm: "I ain't carrying him though"

[] 12:32 pm: Lugnuts here can help do that if he wants crackers to live.

[Zeenix] 12:32 pm: "Mr Captain can do that himself."

[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: between all of you, you get Crackers to the ship

[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: roll int+surgery zack

[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: with +1step

[Zeenix] 12:33 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d12)

[Zeenix] 12:33 pm:

-> 1d10 (10)+ 1d12 (3) = 13

 

[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: thanks to your improved modular operating theater

[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: You get him stablized

[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: And the thug after kissing Boomer's and Jo's ass in about a hundred different ways takes the wounded man with him

[Zeenix] 12:34 pm: "Hmm I guess its better to test this thing out on someone who nobody would miss anyways."

[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: As the two thugs depart, James returns..."So what did I miss?"

[] 12:35 pm: A mild stabbing and a knocked head.

[] 12:35 pm: Im glad you two are okay *looking over at jo and boomer*

[Lazarus->] 12:35 pm: not sure what your plan is, but if you want to start now, you are up

[] 12:35 pm: You certainly know how to handle yourself lass.

[] 12:35 pm: Good thing boomer was with you at the time.

[Lazarus] 12:36 pm: Jo still looks like she's gone a few rounds in one of those Cuircut fights

[Lazarus] 12:37 pm: "Yes it was, she's amazing" (Boomer has little hearts in her eyes)

[->Lazarus] 12:37 pm: Oh, fell asleep. Lol

[] 12:37 pm: (lol i can imagine boomer like that)

[] 12:37 pm: Right before i forget i sealed the deal with (Whats his name)

[] 12:37 pm: Mr Killian

[Lazarus->] 12:37 pm: sorry, you were split and the fight took longer than I though

[->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: I know, just joking.

[Lazarus->] 12:38 pm: +t

[Lazarus->] 12:38 pm: ok

[Lazarus] 12:38 pm: "Well, I guess I should take these parts that almost cost us so much and get to working."

[Lazarus] 12:39 pm: Boomer heads up to the engine room and starts tinkering

[Lazarus] 12:39 pm: ALex comes down from the bridge

[] 12:39 pm: Mr Killian has offered us a large sum of money each month to act as a medical vessel and we have been invited to a fancy get to gether.

[] 12:39 pm: He wanted us all to look our best so he offered to sponsor us all with fancy clothes and such.

[] 12:40 pm: (I tell booms that as well before she heads off)

[Lazarus] 12:40 pm: "Glad you two ladies made it back okay. " Frowning a bit at Jo's battered appearance. "Anyway, we just got a strange wave from Mr Killian. To a Adelaide's Haberdashery. You know what that is about captain?"

[redwolffclaw] 12:40 pm: back

[] 12:41 pm: James took this time of relative safety to board the ship once more, half-turning towards his tail and smiling before entering. First thing first, James went straight for his belongings, sliding his revolver into the back of his pants, concealing it the best he could with his shirt and vest. A few loose rounds were stuffed into his pocket as well before making his way to where all the conversation was taking place. "Excuse me Captain, can we have a word?"

[] 12:42 pm: Sure do Alex

[] 12:43 pm: We have all been invited to a fancy dress party as i like to call it. And im sure i can extend the invitation to our guests on this ship as a courtesy.

[] 12:43 pm: Be with you in just a second james.

[Zeenix] 12:43 pm: "I guess I'll be coming to the party this time too, the company sounds a bit better than that brown coat one"

[redwolffclaw] 12:43 pm: I dont know how much dancing i will be able to do in my condition, but I might just be able to stand.

[redwolffclaw] 12:44 pm: *At the brown coat comment I look at the doc* Something against browncoats doc?

[Lazarus->] 12:44 pm: Shindig is in three days

[redwolffclaw] 12:44 pm: (I never saw the rally you guys went to)

[] 12:44 pm: Leaning against a doorway, or would bulkhead be more apt since it was a ship? Either way, James just lifted one of his ands and tipped down the front of his hat as a silent nod to wait hs turn

[] 12:45 pm: Jo we still have that discussion to take about hiring you for the crew but after that display today i would not mind offering it directly to you now as i said free lodge and board + a fair cut of what we get from jobs or loot.

[Lazarus] 12:45 pm: (Jo is well aware of the pending and now factual rebellion)

[Zeenix] 12:45 pm: *Zack looks annoyed* "I guess we'll be having one of those talks again..." *looks at the captain*

[redwolffclaw] 12:46 pm: I graciously accept and thank you for the offer.

[redwolffclaw] 12:46 pm: You should see me with my sword though. :)

[] 12:46 pm: Look on my ship there are no browncoats nor alliance its just us looking out for eachother i had more then a lifetime enough of the political debates on who and where people stand.

[] 12:48 pm: Neither are right and neither are wrong each and every one of us got circumstances to live with in the end.

[redwolffclaw] 12:48 pm: Sorry sir old habit. I was done with the war when I got this" *Points to her face*

[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: "Might not be factions on the ship Captain, but not sure if the rest of the 'Verse will agree. I've been listening to the Cortex and the Neo-Browncoats are giving the Purplebellies what for right good in the Goergia system. Even branching out in places."

[] 12:49 pm: Cant say i ever was wounded in the war *John has a small scar on his right cheek other then that hes rather handsome*

[] 12:50 pm: Well thats what we are here for now we are comissioned to act as a medical vessel helping around the verse as we see fit

[] 12:50 pm: And you cant come closer to true neutrality then that

[Zeenix] 12:51 pm: "Yeah, fix everyone up so they can kill each other again, sounds like my job but on a bigger scale."

[] 12:51 pm: As we see fit theres more trouble then just wars out in the verse reavers are one of em the boarderplanets are suffering the attrition of these wars alot worse then any of the core planets are.

[redwolffclaw] 12:52 pm: "Got no problem with that. My old man used to *cough* bring medical supplies and such to the border planets from Ariel"

[Zeenix] 12:52 pm: "About that... Were going to have full team of medical personell on this ship? Or do you think on putting me on overtime?"

[] 12:53 pm: Mr Killian had a few people in mind i think

[] 12:53 pm: Thats what the shindig is for but thats not for another couple of days

[] 12:53 pm: And its raising our money so i want all of you on your best behaviour

[Lazarus->Dusterboy] 12:54 pm: ok, get ready

[] 12:54 pm: Anyway thats all i got for now

[Lazarus] 12:54 pm: "As to the point about working over time. Perhaps I can speak to that Captin. I'm Doctor Frank Bishop and Mr Killian sid I could find you here."

[] 12:55 pm: *Turning around*

[Lazarus->Dusterboy] 12:55 pm: Killian wanted you to check out the ship to see what sort of environment you'd be working with the team

[] 12:56 pm: Ah so Killian sent ya did he Names John Helios Iskellian nice ter meet ya *taking out his hand to shake*

[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: (Duster might be AFK)

[Zeenix->Lazarus] 12:56 pm: How close to the core are we?

[Dusterboy->Lazarus] 12:57 pm: Okay

[] 12:57 pm: (Okay if hes not here i will go talk to james)

[] 12:57 pm: So James what did you want to talk to me about *looking over at james standing in the corner*

[Dusterboy] 12:57 pm: Bishop takes Iskellion's hand and shakes in greeting

[Lazarus->Zeenix] 12:58 pm: about 20 days travel or so

[Zeenix->Lazarus] 12:58 pm: As in are we on a core planet or a less sophisticated one

[] 12:58 pm: (Back to bishop it is)

[] 12:58 pm: mashes backspace.

[Lazarus->Zeenix] 12:58 pm: hang on. let me shoot yo uthe map I use

[] 12:59 pm: So i guess Mr.Killian filled you in on whats going on *looking at bishop questioningly*

[Lazarus->Zeenix] 12:59 pm: Beaumonde is a rim planet, so not sophisticated

[Dusterboy] 1:00 pm: He did, Captain. As far as I understand, we're transporting medical supplies, yes?"

[Lazarus->Dusterboy] 1:00 pm: as gabel stated, ship is being contracted as a taveling medical facility

[Zeenix->Lazarus] 1:00 pm: Right

[] 1:00 pm: That we are and helpin those we can along the way.

[Lazarus->Dusterboy] 1:00 pm: you and five other medical types will move around the rim bringing proper medicine to those that need it most

[Zeenix] 1:00 pm: *Zack looks at Bishop quietly*

[Dusterboy->Lazarus] 1:00 pm: Okay

[Dusterboy] 1:01 pm: "Sounds good to me, captain."

[] 1:01 pm: Well then let me introduce you to the rest of the crew *Starts naming them and pointing*

[Lazarus->Dusterboy] 1:02 pm: team consists of three medics, two nurses, and you

[Lazarus->Zeenix] 1:02 pm: map on the way

[Dusterboy->Lazarus] 1:02 pm: Right

[Zeenix->Lazarus] 1:02 pm: Kay

[redwolffclaw] 1:02 pm: (so what you think my main duty is going to be?)

[Lazarus->Dusterboy] 1:03 pm: There will be a big fancy party for donors to help raise money for the project in three days

[Zeenix] 1:03 pm: (Slicing people?)

[Lazarus] 1:03 pm: (Might be some dicing)

[] 1:03 pm: (Security is Johns first thought)

[Dusterboy->Lazarus] 1:03 pm: Hence the talk about the shindig. I'll have to break out my fancy suit

[] 1:04 pm: Anyway if you will excuse me for a second bishop James wanted to have a word with me why dont you get aquainted with the crew til i get back.

[Lazarus->Dusterboy] 1:04 pm: yep

[Dusterboy->Lazarus] 1:04 pm: Okay

[Lazarus] 1:05 pm: Alex the pilot takes Dr Bishop for the two bit tour

[] 1:05 pm: (well James is in the doorway so i just move a little closer to see what he wants)

[Lazarus] 1:06 pm: The ship is fairly small for a mid bulk, maybe 1,000 tons. She's fast though 50% faster than a firefly and has impressive range

[Zeenix] 1:06 pm: *Zack tags along for the tour*

[Dusterboy] 1:06 pm: Sounds like an excellent ship. . . Alex is it?

[] 1:07 pm: "A word privately, if you would.." Those perfectly white and straight teeth flashed his trademark smile as he turned and headed out of the rather crowded area to somewhere a bit more private.

[Lazarus] 1:08 pm: "Yes, Alex Brogan. Total cargo space in the hold is only 80 tons, but we can carry 75 more tons in the three cargo containers outside. Ship has three shuttles and 13 cabins."

[] 1:08 pm: Well were all friends here James im sure you can tell me here unless its paticularly embarrasing *chuckles a little at his own joke like ususal*

[Dusterboy] 1:09 pm: "So plenty of room for any patients we might be carrying. I understand the ship is named after the Captain?"

[Lazarus] 1:09 pm: "Crew consists of me, Captain, Boomer the mechanic, Zack here our Doc, and Jo does security."

[] 1:09 pm: Whats it about *looking at James questioningly*

[redwolffclaw] 1:10 pm: *Smiles at her new job description*

[Dusterboy] 1:10 pm: "I see. You'll probably have to remind me untill I get properly acquainted with everybody."

[] 1:10 pm: Stopping, seeing that everyone else was leaving on their tour, it seemed. James lowered his voice. "I was off ship, looking for some work as I told you.. and it turns out your name came up." James' left hand was still behind his back as he leaned against the wall.

[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: "We've got a tag along named James, he was that fancified dandy that needed to talk to the captain. You said you had six total on your team counting yourself and we made one cabin out infirmary, so that fills us up god."

[] 1:10 pm: He seemed like he was testing the waters with the man, rather than outright threatening him.

[Dusterboy->Lazarus] 1:11 pm: 6 total on my team?

[Lazarus->Dusterboy] 1:11 pm: 3 medics, 2 nurses and you

[Dusterboy->Lazarus] 1:11 pm: right. Got it

[Dusterboy] 1:12 pm: "I understand you already have a surgeon on board, Alex?"

[Zeenix] 1:12 pm: "Yes, and that would be me."

[] 1:12 pm: *sighing* My name does come up alot having the Iskellian name does turn some heads at times they didnt say anything bad about me did they.

[Zeenix] 1:13 pm: "Now you said you are a doctor, do you have papers to back that up?"

[Lazarus->Zeenix] 1:13 pm: what do you think of the map? It's not all my work, I built on something someone else did

[] 1:13 pm: But before you go ahead i did have some words i wanted to have with you about you stayin on the ship

[Dusterboy] 1:13 pm: *Bishop hands Zach his certification*

[] 1:14 pm: I never really got around to properly welcoming you with all the mess with the reavers and all that

[Dusterboy] 1:14 pm: "From Londinium. Went to medical school there

[Zeenix] 1:14 pm: "Oh my, so not a fake after all. I guess Killian does have the money for that sort of thing."

[] 1:14 pm: but if you want to stay on the ship yer welcome to take a ride anywhere that might hold yer fancy.

[Dusterboy] 1:15 pm: "Killian has more than enough money to hire me and my team. You had your doubts?"

[] 1:16 pm: But anyway sorry for stealin your thunder what was it you wanted to say you were looking fer work and my name came up

[Zeenix] 1:16 pm: "You mind telling me what made you come to this part of the verse'? I mean I'm not the one to talk, but I always thought myself as the exeption and not the rule."

[] 1:16 pm: "True, and I do have to thank you again for giving me a lift off of that rock... which already makes me like you enough to at the very least take this to you face to face rather than just acting.... It is just that you were worth 500 credits alive to a certain man." That smile had vanished and there was a glint of danger in James' eyes. Not towards the Captain, necessarily, but just that he was a man capable of violence.

[Zeenix->Lazarus] 1:16 pm: I think its very coherent

[Lazarus->Zeenix] 1:17 pm: this is how ai come up with travel times

[] 1:17 pm: "Now I don't much care for this man, or how he does business. But either you need to be given to him, or I need to take care of him. I don't much care for people chasing me."

[Zeenix->Lazarus] 1:17 pm: It didnt take me long to look up Londinium in the map.

[Lazarus->Zeenix] 1:17 pm: I have some pretty extensive maps of the verse, but this one works best

[] 1:17 pm: Let me guess Marko Platz put a price on my head. *You see johns expression is still the same hes a hard man to read*

[Dusterboy] 1:17 pm: "The Core doesn't need one more GP cluttering up the place. I always thought that the Rim and Border planets could use my talents more. Is there a problem?"

[Zeenix->Lazarus] 1:18 pm: I think it suits the task nicely

[Lazarus->Zeenix] 1:18 pm: londinium and Sihnon are the twin captials of the Alliance

[Zeenix] 1:18 pm: "If what you say is true? No, not at all. Infact I understand very well."

[] 1:19 pm: "That would be a very asute guess, so you know my situation." A slight nod was given but that was all he said, waiting to see what John had to say about the matter.

[Dusterboy] 1:19 pm: "I'm not in the habit of lying to people I've just met, Zach. Or to anybody else, for that matter."

[Zeenix] 1:21 pm: " Well I guess we will see about that. What I'm hoping for now is that the rest of the team is as competent."

[Zeenix] 1:22 pm: "Maybe I won't need to be the one to fix up the next street punk the captain decides to drag with him"

[] 1:22 pm: *Bursts out laughing* Kid your alright you know that most people woulda just knocked me over the head and brought me in on a platter i hardly know you yet you come to me with it first *Wipes his face* I knew Platz would be trouble but i did not know he would be onto us so soon *Theres a slight smile on johns face*

[Dusterboy] 1:22 pm: "What's this?"

[redwolffclaw] 1:22 pm: "Ok I can see you guys are going to talk medical stuff so I will leave you be." *Walks back to where she last saw the capitain*

[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: "Well, that's the tour. As you can see, the Fire Angel isn't big, but she's got heart and with Boomer to keep her running and me to keep her flying, Mr Killian has got the best money can buy

[] 1:23 pm: But if thats the gist of it im guessing you must have come across this information somehow and my bet is platz is squeezing your nuts about it.

[Dusterboy] 1:23 pm: "It sounds like I'm in for an interesting time."

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: loudriver23 has left at 1:24 pm+

[Zeenix] 1:25 pm: "Oh yeah, working on this ship, half of your time will be spent on fixing up the various people who tried to kill us moments ago."

[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: "Yeah, I guess I'll head back up to the bridge. I want to get back to listening in on the Cortex war reports. Not sure about the Neo-Browncotas, but it does this ex-Browncoat's heart a lot of good to know the Purplebellies are getting whomped."

[] 1:26 pm: The sound of a revolver being decocked behind James' back sounded silently as his arm visibly relaxed a little. "As I said, you got me off that Reaver infested planet, and I don't much care for him. If the situation were different, I might have considered just that." He listened to John for a second before nodding. "He seems to want you quite badly. I know where he's at, and how many men he has. Plus, there's a man waiting outside the ship who's shadowing me. I am getting paid to bring you to

[] 1:26 pm: him alive. He never said unarmed."

[redwolffclaw] 1:27 pm: "amen to that"

[] 1:29 pm: *Stops to think for a second ruffling his beard*

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: has left at 1:29 pm+

[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: The day is stretching into mid afternoon now, about 2pm local time

[Zeenix] 1:30 pm: (So when was the party?)

[] 1:30 pm: Truth is a shootout even if it is in platz's warehouse will bring attention we dont want No gun laws will be strictly upheld any sign of gunfire going off you are gonna bring down the law faster then you can say the word.

[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: (Three days until the shindig)

[] 1:31 pm: James merely chuckled. "You think that any cop who ISN'T already paid off to ignore that isolated area, is going to want to head over there to where they have to know he operates?"

[] 1:32 pm: "Fact is, if I am not back there soon enough with you, they're coming after me as well.. and my goodwill only stretches so far."

[] 1:32 pm: *Has a more serious look on his face*

[Dusterboy] 1:34 pm: *Heads to the bridge to find the captain*

[] 1:35 pm: Even if we do go there guns blazing we dont know how many men he has that you havent seen at least his reach only extends to this planet and he would have sent goons here to attack not one guy.

[] 1:36 pm: And pertaining to the reasons he wants me alive must be for something if its not just torture guys like that like pushing offers other people cant refuse on his own territory.

[] 1:37 pm: "Yet you've been here for less than one day and you already had two of your crew attacked and at least one person hired to kidnap you...." James let him stew on that thought for a moment before looking towards the two who were coming back towards the area. "Looks like this conversation soon won't be private here. Think on it.. quickly."

[] 1:37 pm: "Unless you can keep everyone in your sight for your entire duration of this stay."

[] 1:38 pm: "And even then, you'll be following the gun law, nobody say they will be. Goes with the territory of being a criminal."

[] 1:38 pm: Truth is he needs to be dealt with but the crew needs to know so we can make plans.

[] 1:39 pm: And if your worried about the goons outside just blame Jo for getting roughed up and you could not get me alone.

[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: Alex nods as he passes the two on his way to the bridge. "What do you want me to do about the wave from that Adelaide's Haberdashery Captain? They said this is a busy time and we need to get there soon to get a proper fitting."

[] 1:42 pm: Get on it alex

[] 1:43 pm: What was the wave about anyway ?

[] 1:43 pm: I never did get around to reading it.

[] 1:43 pm: James just shrugged. "You said he needs to be taken care of. I can get you in and he won't think twice of it. You make you plans, and it no longer becomes that simple." He saw the pilot aproach them so he stopped there and begun walking off to his belongings.

[Lazarus] 1:43 pm: "What time do you want me to tell them we will be there?"

[] 1:44 pm: (What is the wave about laz)

[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: "They want to fit us for clothes for the shindig and something about etiquette training."

[] 1:44 pm: Ugh *Sighs*

[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: "Guy was real pushy for someone so snooty too."

[Dusterboy] 1:44 pm: "Captain, can I have word?"

[] 1:45 pm: One at a time

[Zeenix] 1:45 pm: *Zack enters* "We're gonna get free suits?"

[] 1:45 pm: When is the closest appoinment

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: cplmac has left at 1:46 pm+

[] 1:46 pm: (I already told you guys we were getting suits when we arrived back at the ship)

[Zeenix] 1:46 pm: (Ah, right)

[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: "Lord Buttercup said 4pm was available."

[->Lazarus] 1:47 pm: Rough life being the Captain.

[] 1:47 pm: Do we need to take a shuttle to get there ?

[Lazarus->] 1:47 pm: yes, yes it is

[redwolffclaw] 1:47 pm: *Says jokingly* Can I get a pretty tiara to hide the bandages on my brainpan?

[Zeenix] 1:47 pm: "I mean I could use one, this lab coat used to be white a couple years ago."

[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: shuttles within city limits are uncommon. There is public transportation

[Zeenix] 1:48 pm: "Too bad it isnt a costume party Jo."

[] 1:48 pm: Are there any available spots tomorrow ?

[Lazarus] 1:49 pm: "He said he supposed he could squeeze us in at 8AM, but that it would be SUCH an inconvenience to his staff."

[] 1:49 pm: And you would have to ask this Buttercup fellow about the Tiara Jo bluebloods have to much to say about how you walk talk look like *sighs*

[Lazarus] 1:49 pm: He words

[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: (Jo's cuts are healed, some make up should hide the bruising)

[] 1:50 pm: Look theres been some words between me and James seems Platz is on to us and i got a 500 credit bounty on my head.

[Zeenix] 1:50 pm: "Oh"

[redwolffclaw] 1:50 pm: "I could probably use a party mask if they really care what you look like."

[] 1:51 pm: Jo im sure you will look lovely in a dress *caually saying while explaining the situation about platz*

[] 1:51 pm: And a tiara *chuckles*

[Zeenix] 1:51 pm: "You're such a facinating person captain, full of suprises, too bad that none of them have been good thusfar."

[Lazarus] 1:51 pm: FADE TO BLACK

[Lazarus] 1:52 pm: No cliffhanger, but seems like a good spot

[Dusterboy] 1:52 pm: Yup.

[Lazarus] 1:52 pm: I could force things and have a dozen Ninjas attack, but that sounds cheesy

[Zeenix] 1:52 pm: That makes 2 no cliffhanger endings in a row for me.

[Dusterboy] 1:52 pm: :roll:

[Lazarus] 1:53 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)

[Lazarus] 1:53 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)

 

[] 1:53 pm: I vote for the cliffhanger to be the Spanish Inquisition... nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

[Lazarus] 1:53 pm: Lots of good RP today, so lets go with 3 XP

[] 1:53 pm: You mean like every other week. Lol

[Dusterboy] 1:53 pm: Me too? Or just the starting cast?

[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 1:54 pm: I never got how much exp I got since I started besides the three from last time. Do you remember what the two were before that?

[redwolffclaw] 1:54 pm: Everyone is a star!

[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 1:54 pm: I have you at 19

[Dusterboy] 1:54 pm: Only some burn more brightly than others

[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 1:54 pm: wow. Nice

[Lazarus] 1:55 pm: you too Duster

[] 1:55 pm: Burning yes

[Dusterboy] 1:55 pm: Cool. Thanks

[] 1:55 pm: Bright check

[Zeenix] 1:55 pm: and some become supernovas

[redwolffclaw] 1:55 pm: Or white dwarves... wait that reminds me of Tyrion Lannister too much. :P

[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: hopefully everyone can be here next week, I really do not want to do the shindig without everyone

[Zeenix] 1:56 pm: Yeah

[redwolffclaw] 1:56 pm: As far as I know I can be here

[Zeenix] 1:56 pm: besides Boomer likes parties.

[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: Boomer will be awesome at the party

[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: She does like her parties

[Zeenix] 1:57 pm: I wonder if she will anger the mob this time

[] 1:57 pm: Sigh i got a creeping feeling im not even going to be going to the party.

[Lazarus] 1:57 pm: less of a mob at this party

[Dusterboy] 1:57 pm: I'll be here.

[Lazarus] 1:57 pm: We couldn't have a party without you John

[redwolffclaw] 1:57 pm: More of a snooty clique i suspect

[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: I'm just imagining you having to fight for your life, but not mussing your hair as you do it

[Dusterboy] 1:58 pm: Well, snooty cliques can be equally dangerous - and merciless

[] 1:58 pm: Thanks for the vote of confidence.

[] 1:58 pm: Psh, I will make some money, THEN go to the party and hook up with some rich lady who's there to donate.

[] 1:58 pm: Pow

[redwolffclaw] 1:58 pm: ha. Anyway I am out of here guys. Catch you next week. Was fun.

[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: Certainly a possibility

[] 1:58 pm: Now that i used up this years good rolls on this session there wont be anything left for the entire year !

[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: Bound to be Sugar Mamas and Daddies in abundance

[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 20]: redwolffclaw has left at 1:59 pm+

[Dusterboy] 1:59 pm: I enjoyed it too. Thanks, Lazarus

[] 1:59 pm: Exactly, Laz.

[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: THank you for joining us

[Zeenix] 1:59 pm: Thanks laz

[] 1:59 pm: Yeah thanks again laz.

[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: and thank you to all for playing

[Dusterboy] 1:59 pm: No problem.