Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 9:41 am+
[Lazarus] 9:41 am: Welcome to P&PG Chat.
[General Chatter]: DM Nexus has entered at 9:41 am+
[General Chatter]: starjunky has entered at 9:46 am+
[General Chatter]: has left at 9:51 am+
[Lazarus] 9:52 am: I created room "Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18"
[General Chatter]: starjunky has left at 9:52 am+
Welcome! You have entered [Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18] at 9:52 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: has entered at 9:53 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: has entered at 9:53 am+
[->Lazarus] 9:53 am: I think I'll just stay in the room lol
[Lazarus->] 9:54 am: ok, too bad, I like it when a lady watches. :-D
[->Lazarus] 9:55 am: LOL
[Lazarus->] 9:55 am: ;-)
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: Gabel has entered at 9:55 am+
[Gabel] 9:55 am: Rawr
[->Lazarus] 9:55 am: I think I'll stick with the main room.
[Lazarus] 9:55 am: hidey ho
[Lazarus->] 9:55 am: probably best.
[Lazarus] 9:55 am: red said she would be in late
[Lazarus] 9:56 am: I do not expect to see Throol
[Lazarus] 9:56 am: so just monster missing at the moment, which is no shock
[] 9:57 am: And Red...
[] 9:57 am: Oh, didn't read that.
[Lazarus] 9:57 am: she is however accounted for
[Lazarus] 9:57 am: np
[] 9:57 am: red is in a coma though
[Lazarus] 9:57 am: true
[] 9:57 am: Three minutes until I have to change music. Lol
[] 9:57 am: I was playing lotro online
[] 9:58 am: and then i was fighting 5 spiders
[->Lazarus] 9:58 am: Yep
[Lazarus] 9:58 am: From that uplifting thrash rock to Who's Coming to Dinner?
[] 9:58 am: just when my hp was down at 2% i leveled up and got full health and avoided death
[Lazarus] 9:58 am: Or is that Who's Going to be Dinner
[] 9:58 am: Lotro is lord of the rings online
[] 9:58 am: Its a videogame
[] 9:58 am: you might have heard about those
[Lazarus] 9:58 am: A thrilling tale of survival Z
[Lazarus] 9:59 am: Huzzah!
[Lazarus] 9:59 am: and there was much rejoicing
[Lazarus] 9:59 am: yea
[] 9:59 am: From random music I like to Spaghetti Western, of course.
[] 9:59 am: Finally people recognize my feats
[Lazarus] 9:59 am: The Good, the Bad, and Ugly does seem to fit
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: monster87 has left at 10:00 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: monster87 has entered at 10:00 am+
[Lazarus] 10:00 am: ok ready to rock
[Lazarus] 10:00 am: hey monster
[monster87] 10:00 am: In an effort to be on time -- exactly here @ 18:00
[Lazarus] 10:00 am: and now for the recap
[Lazarus] 10:00 am: nice Rein, thanks!
[] 10:00 am: Anything by Ennio Morricone works, Laz.
[Lazarus] 10:01 am: Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18. GM - Lazarus, Players Gabel, monster87, The MagicalMick, Zeenix, and starjunky, with redwolffclaw coming in soon
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: The crew of the Fire Angel after narrowly escaping a wall of reavers thanks to the sacrifice of the men folk of the town of Opportunity were just arriving at the rendezvous to where 40+ survivors of the town had gathered
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: with the crew were three locals, two pliots, one badly wounded and a woman, unconscious from some sort of toxin
[Lazarus] 10:04 am: in addition were a pair of strangers in Opportunity an as yet unnamed dandy/gambler and Harvery Killian a businessman
[->Lazarus] 10:04 am: And a Dandy.
[Lazarus] 10:05 am: The Reavers had two ships left, one very badly damaged and two shuttles....all heading toward the fire angel as it hovered above the rendezvous spot
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: John had a hard decision to make, if he immediately had the people with him jump aboard the ship and flee, they could break clean
[Lazarus] 10:07 am: however, the men folk begged him to save the women and children before they made their suicidal stand to hold back the reaver hoard
[Lazarus] 10:07 am: We take up where we last left our Big Damn Heroes in the making
[Lazarus] 10:08 am: Boomer roll your piloting plus the ship's agility of d4 to bring the ship in to the proper altitude
[Lazarus] 10:09 am: boomer?
[Lazarus] 10:09 am: anyone want to roll the d6+d4?
[Lazarus] 10:10 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 10:10 am:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d4 (3) = 9


[Lazarus] 10:10 am: ok, she brings the ship in at a perfect hover
[monster87] 10:10 am: lol sorry
[monster87] 10:10 am: didn't think I was on so soon
[Lazarus] 10:11 am: Boarding the ship by jumping aboard will be an average roll of agility+Athletics
[] 10:11 am: (Be absent for more rolls, he beasted it for you. Lol)
[Lazarus] 10:11 am: HOWEVER...
[Lazarus] 10:11 am: John, what is your call? Land the ship and save the others or run?
[Gabel] 10:12 am: PM laz
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:12 am: ok
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:12 am: I have a duty to save the villagers i want a situational awareness how many ships exactly are chasing ?
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:12 am: 1 large and 2 shuttles as i understood it ?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:12 am: as I said previously two ships and two shuttles
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:13 am: one large trans-U and a smaller and heavily damaged Pride like your ship
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:13 am: I did tell you I upped my piloting to d8 (whatever speciality it is to fly our ship) -- since I was on it all of last session
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:13 am: Okay second question
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:13 am: so technically it was 1d8+1d4 :P but you nailed the roll anyway
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:14 am: Can we remotely use the shuttles somehow to pick up people while we distract the reavers ?
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:14 am: I
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:15 am: I'm feeling generous, roll a d2
[starjunky] 10:15 am: so all on the ground foll for jumping aboard?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:15 am: not a chance
[monster87] 10:15 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d2)
[monster87] 10:15 am:

-> 1d2 (2)


[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:15 am: So basically its run or die
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:15 am: nice, consider the roll to be an 11
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:15 am: and with that, you brought a little more time for people to board
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:16 am: didn't say that.
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:16 am: :)
[] 10:16 am: (Yeaaaah, I will see the proposed plan before I roll to jump on, though I am sure I need to jump on with the poisoned woman for "her safety".)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:16 am: Okay can we pack the shuttles with boomers explosives and use them as makeshift weapons against the reaver ships then
[Lazarus] 10:17 am: Boomer brought the ship around so perfectly and the Reavers are somewhat distracted from mopping up the men folk's last stand and all jockeying to get first dibs, that they are stacked up in each other's way as they approach
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:17 am: that will take time
[Lazarus] 10:17 am: as a result, you have five rounds before the Reavers arrive
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:17 am: Fuck it land the ship get the people in
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:18 am: Im activating leadership for this
[Lazarus] 10:18 am: the ramp can handle about a dozen people at a time
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:18 am: Everything we got to save as many as we can
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:18 am: kk
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:18 am: go ahead and make the call then
[Gabel] 10:18 am: Land the gorram ship get as many people in as we can (Leadership activated)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:19 am: Im activating leadership to save these people to get them in effectively and quickly so we can get the hell out of here.
[Lazarus] 10:19 am: I jumped the gun a bit, now that John has ordered the ship to land, no roll is needed to board and the ramp can handle about a dozen people a round
[Lazarus] 10:20 am: As the women and children had started moving already, they are close enough under John's leadership to begin boarding immediately
[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:20 am: roll your int+tactics
[starjunky] 10:21 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)
[starjunky] 10:21 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d8 (4) = 9


[->Lazarus] 10:21 am: Never asked.. what did I win at cards in the bar, anyway?
[Gabel] 10:21 am: John starts waving the women and children over MOVE IT people we gotta get this over with quickly Alex get on the wheel NOW boomers had enough practice for one day *You can see the worried look in johns eyes and expression as hes trying to get people to get onboard*
[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:21 am: you realize it might be a good idea to leave the mechanic to fixing thing and the pilot to do the piloting
[starjunky->Lazarus] 10:22 am: lol, ok
[Lazarus] 10:22 am: ok alex, getting to the bridge quickly will be a complex action as you push your way through the survivors
[starjunky] 10:22 am: "how 'bout Boomer gets back to mending this bird and I take over the helm?
[Lazarus] 10:22 am: obviously you have 5 rounds to succeed
[Lazarus] 10:23 am: this is an average task of agility+athletics
[Lazarus] 10:23 am: that is a target number of 35
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:23 am: Is there something useful I can repair or do in these 5 rounds?
[Lazarus] 10:23 am: make your first roll
[Gabel] 10:23 am: Get ian out here to give us a hand with cover fire incase any reavers show up i want the rest of you to help with security out here and getting the people settled.
[starjunky] 10:23 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[starjunky] 10:23 am:

-> 1d10 (8)+ 1d6 (5) = 13


[Lazarus->monster87] 10:24 am: not a chance. only thing wrong with the ship is you still haven't finished repairing the waste extraction pump
[] 10:24 am: Dragging the poisoned woman onto the ship with him, James begins to think this is seeming more and more like manual labor. Considering stopping, he simply does the next best thing. Pawn her off. He finds the doctor once he drags her on board. "You're a doctor, right? Here's your paitent." His hand, now free, sweeps back his hair, still wishing he hadn't lost his hat.
[Lazarus] 10:24 am: surging forward, alex makes a quick move to get ahead of the pack'
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:24 am: can I do something to confuse the reavers? hack into their systems or something?
[Gabel] 10:24 am: Booms *on coms* I got a special job for you see if you cant rig one of our shuttles so we cant use it remotely and pack her with as much explosives as you can.
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:24 am: or fake an alliance incoming craft
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:25 am: you could always try, but reavers are not know to be afraid of anything
[] 10:25 am: "Taking her to the infirmary too much work for you? Fine"
[Gabel] 10:25 am: Doc i want you to tend to the wounded
[monster87] 10:25 am: * comms * "I was going to try to fake an alliance incoming craft, but if you want to sacrifice a shuttle that's fine by me"
[] 10:25 am: *sigh* I hope you have the supplies"
[Lazarus->] 10:25 am: nothing game was rather interrupted
[Lazarus] 10:26 am: are all the crew rushing aboard this round?
[->Lazarus] 10:26 am: Oh, I posted pocketing everything that was on the table while they were distracted.
[monster87] 10:26 am: * already leaving the computers and running towards the shuttles *
[Gabel] 10:26 am: *Coms* Booms you sure about that these crazies arent exactly sane
[Gabel] 10:27 am: *Coms* But if you can fake a signal somehow maybe it might make a few of em turn around
[monster87] 10:27 am: * coms * "I'm already heading for my bunk to get explosives. I'm not sure if the reavers would slow down for a whole alliance fleet... alltough I'm not so sure they'll stop for an exploding shuttle either.."
[] 10:27 am: (I guess I'm getting the woman to be treated as fast as i can.)
[Gabel] 10:27 am: Yeah we are all getting on board getting the people settled and trying to squeeze them in
[Lazarus] 10:27 am: (you know you only have time to do one of those thing. rig the shuttle or try and fake a signal)
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: Prometheus22 has left at 10:28 am+
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:28 am: And it's virtually impossible to deactivate their engines at a distance? implement a virus or something?
[monster87] 10:28 am: (ye that's why I'm doing the shuttle thing)
[Lazarus] 10:28 am: ok, counting Killian, the two pilots and all of you, that means only 4 of the survivors board on round one
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:28 am: Remind me to make it my next project - a virus to make escaping easier :)
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:28 am: you can try, but yes virtually impossible
[Lazarus] 10:29 am: I'll be nice and tell you there are 43 survivors, less 4 leaves 39 to board in four rounds
[Gabel] 10:29 am: So we can board all of them in 5 rounds ?
[Lazarus] 10:30 am: boomer, you will also have to roll agility + Athletics with a target of 35
[Lazarus] 10:30 am: that IS the questionisn't it John, oh the burdens of command
[Lazarus->] 10:31 am: roll 3d10 credits, it wasn't high stakes
[Lazarus] 10:31 am: boomer your roll please?
[monster87] 10:31 am: do we get leadership bonus on that roll?
[Lazarus] 10:31 am: no
[monster87] 10:31 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[monster87] 10:31 am:

-> 2d8 (1,7 = 8)


[Lazarus] 10:31 am: ok
[Gabel] 10:31 am: What i did activate leadership didnt i ?
[Lazarus] 10:32 am: time for second rolls from boomer and alex
[monster87] 10:32 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[monster87] 10:32 am:

-> 2d8 (3,3 = 6)


[] 10:32 am: starts rolling some dice: (3d10)
[] 10:32 am:

-> 3d10 (8,8,3 = 19)


[Lazarus] 10:32 am: You did, but you don't get the bonus for every bloody skill imaginable
[Gabel] 10:32 am: Or maybe it dont count for those rolls i guess
[Lazarus] 10:32 am: you don't have to roll mick
[Gabel] 10:32 am: I know but it counts for an entire situation dont it ?
[] 10:33 am: (You just told me to roll for something else. Lol)
[Lazarus] 10:33 am: alex has to roll
[Lazarus] 10:33 am: oh right, sorry there are a bunch of you
[] 10:33 am: (Not a problem.)
[Lazarus->] 10:33 am: 19 credits total
[starjunky] 10:33 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[starjunky] 10:33 am:

-> 1d10 (4)+ 1d6 (2) = 6


[->Lazarus] 10:34 am: Which I will blow half of immediately once I am in a major port. Lol
[Lazarus] 10:34 am: For a task
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:34 am: Btw laz i never did ask you how did the thing with the reserves pan out did you get something sorted ?
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:34 am: (dont have to answer now obviously)
[Lazarus] 10:35 am: ok, I have boomer at 14 and alex at 22
[monster87] 10:35 am: y
[Lazarus] 10:35 am: and a dozen more survivors board the ship
[Gabel] 10:35 am: Cant they use plot points for those rolls ?
[Gabel] 10:36 am: (If they wanted to)
[Lazarus] 10:36 am: Z is carrying the woman to sick bay
[Lazarus] 10:36 am: what is the dandy doing?
[Lazarus] 10:36 am: john is directing traffic
[Lazarus] 10:36 am: THey can use plot points at any time
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:37 am: oh, thanks for asking. turned out to be a misunderstanding. Guy who sent out the intitial email apologized
[Lazarus] 10:37 am: round 3, boomer and alex roll
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:37 am: Ahh thats good to hear
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:38 am: you have NO idea
[starjunky] 10:38 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[starjunky] 10:38 am:

-> 1d10 (2)+ 1d6 (6) = 8


[] 10:38 am: James considered heading with the Doctor, but that'd probably involve having to assist him with something. So instead, James just stayed nearby the ramp, yet out of the way. If anything tried to rush up, he might as well shoot it. This was his only ride out of here afterall.
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:38 am: Yeah you seemed rather out of it when you got the message last session
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: alex is up to 30, one more round and he should be good
[] 10:38 am: (I'll just provide overwatch.)
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: boomer?
[Gabel] 10:39 am: (Dont forget plot points)
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:39 am: You do something for 35 years and have someone tell you you can't do it any more and you might understand. I was a gut wrenching kick in the teeth
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:39 am: :(
[monster87] 10:40 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[monster87] 10:40 am:

-> 2d8 (8,5 = 13)


[Lazarus] 10:40 am: (ok Mick, makes sense to help herd the cats)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:40 am: well it was a good thing it was a misunderstanding
[Lazarus] 10:40 am: boomer is up to 27
[Lazarus] 10:40 am: and 12 more board for a total of 28
[Lazarus] 10:40 am: round 4
[monster87] 10:40 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[monster87] 10:40 am:

-> 2d8 (4,2 = 6)


[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:40 am: you bet
[->Lazarus] 10:40 am: Don't act like you don't love having a player who can use terms like overwatch. Haha
[Lazarus] 10:41 am: 2 plot points will get you there bommer, your total is 33
[monster87] 10:41 am: i can use 2 pp to finish the 35, assuming it will help to have an extra turn
[monster87] 10:41 am: yeah that's what I thought, so Ill use them
[Gabel] 10:41 am: Remember its better to use them beforehand usually
[monster87] 10:41 am: yeah but chances were higher that I was going to make it
[Gabel] 10:41 am: (They cant help you when you are already dead!)
[monster87] 10:42 am: 2d8 averages on 9.. can't help I'm rolling 6es
[Lazarus] 10:42 am: kk boomer reaches her cabin and grabs her explosives...reaching the shuttle will be another complex action, again of 35 as she's got to get from ther cabin to the upper deck
[Gabel] 10:42 am: I cant help if i always roll 1's 2's and 3's either but it happens
[Gabel] 10:42 am: ./cry
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: DM Nexus has left at 10:42 am+
[Lazarus] 10:42 am: alex?
[monster87] 10:43 am: * on comms * "I got my explosives, running to the shuttles *
[starjunky] 10:43 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[starjunky] 10:43 am:

-> 1d10 (6)+ 1d6 (2) = 8


[Lazarus] 10:43 am: Alex all but leaps behind the controls of the ship
[Lazarus] 10:43 am: ready to left as soon as he gets the word
[Lazarus] 10:44 am: another dozen board for a total of 40
[starjunky] 10:44 am: I go thru preflight precedure...
[Lazarus] 10:44 am: three last stragglers are close but not quite to the ramp
[monster87] 10:45 am: round 5 already?
[Lazarus] 10:45 am: Alex can see the reavers sort themselves out and knows time is running out
[Lazarus] 10:45 am: ROUND 5
[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:45 am: roll int+ tactics again
[monster87] 10:45 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[monster87] 10:45 am:

-> 2d8 (1,6 = 7)


[Lazarus] 10:45 am: the last three survivors reach the ramp!
[monster87] 10:45 am: im really rolling crappy :P
[Lazarus] 10:46 am: Z roll your int+ First aid
[starjunky] 10:46 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)
[starjunky] 10:46 am:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d8 (7) = 13


[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: redwolffclaw has entered at 10:46 am+
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:47 am: Just for funz I told starjunky that all kinds of helper programs were open on a nearby display - Boomer's helper guides and programs
[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:47 am: you know that if you were to risk a hard burn in atmo, you could probably turn all the reaver ships into lawn darts
[Gabel] 10:47 am: Welcome red
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:47 am: ok
[] 10:47 am: (ok)
[Lazarus] 10:47 am: hey red!
[Gabel] 10:47 am: Your in the ship getting stitched up :p
[] 10:47 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d8)
[] 10:47 am:

-> 1d10 (6)+ 1d8 (2) = 8


[monster87->Lazarus] 10:47 am: makes it more realistic she actually manages to fly the ship with so little experience
[redwolffclaw] 10:47 am: (that is good)
[->Lazarus] 10:48 am: I'll be back on later
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:48 am: allthough of course she is simply a genius too :P
[Lazarus->] 10:48 am: otay
[] 10:48 am: (wait, now when we are on the ship do i get my bag bonus?)
[Lazarus] 10:48 am: Zack figures out the toxin fairly quickly and administers an antidote
[Lazarus] 10:48 am: the woman's eyes flutter open
[] 10:48 am: (Yeah!)
[starjunky] 10:48 am: "Cap'n, if we hard burn in atmosphere, the engine wash would prolly take out the reavers
[] 10:49 am: "How are you feeling?"
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: has left at 10:49 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: Throol has entered at 10:49 am+
[Lazarus] 10:49 am: red, you are conscious, but weak and a bit nauseous, so you are -2 steps to all stats for now
[Lazarus] 10:49 am: Hey John. I'm so glad you showed up
[redwolffclaw] 10:49 am: Feeling like 5 million miles of bad trail. Ow.
[Gabel] 10:49 am: Alex if you can pull this off ill buy you a pack of cigs.
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: er Jon, sorry about that
[starjunky] 10:50 am: "Heh, yer on Boss!
[] 10:50 am: "Well, you're gonna live. That is unless the reapers board and slice us to bits."
[Throol] 10:50 am: (Hi - can't stay long, have an appt shortly, thought I'd stop by tho)
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: John hits the ramp control and alex pulls up like a banshee
[] 10:50 am: "But try and relax... Or something."
[Gabel] 10:50 am: Hey throol wb.
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: (ok Jon)
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: HOWEVER...
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 10:50 am: I might not stay long. I have been up for 24 hours and have pretty much just gotten off a double shift.
[redwolffclaw->Lazarus] 10:51 am: But I have been excited about the game all week... stupid call ins.
[Lazarus->redwolffclaw] 10:51 am: I canunderstand
[Lazarus] 10:51 am: Boomer hears the bit about hard burn and has to make a decison
[monster87] 10:51 am: ow god.. I'm not going to explode, am I?
[Lazarus] 10:51 am: The ship cannot run at hard burn with out some quick adjustments
[Lazarus] 10:52 am: she has to decide to either head for engineering OR the shuttle
[monster87] 10:52 am: * comms * "Captain! If we do a hard burn I better stop rigging explosives, cuz it won't survive without some help from me"
[Lazarus] 10:52 am: at least engineering is closer, only a total of 15
[Gabel] 10:52 am: *Coms* Get on it booms hardburn NOW
[] 10:52 am: (Time for PP?)
[monster87] 10:53 am: I head for engineering on the double
[Lazarus] 10:53 am: alex roll ship's agility of d6+ your piloting
[Lazarus] 10:53 am: you DO get the +2 steps to skill
[starjunky] 10:53 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d12+d4)
[starjunky] 10:53 am:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d12 (6)+ 1d4 (2) = 9


[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:53 am: nice d12+2d8
[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:54 am: roll again, you shorted yourself
[starjunky] 10:54 am: starts rolling some dice: (d12+2d8)
[starjunky] 10:54 am:

-> 1d12 (5)+ 2d8 (6,4 = 10) = 15


[Lazarus->starjunky] 10:54 am: I typed d6, tht should have been d8
[Lazarus] 10:54 am: The large reaver ship fires...
[starjunky->Lazarus] 10:54 am: ahh
[Lazarus] 10:54 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 10:54 am:

-> 2d8 (3,2 = 5)


[Lazarus] 10:54 am: WHIFF
[Lazarus] 10:55 am: The smaller ship lumbers behind out of position to fire
[redwolffclaw] 10:55 am: (I ask the doctor Where are we?)
[Lazarus] 10:55 am: roll your running boomer, you want an 8
[monster87] 10:55 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[monster87] 10:55 am:

-> 2d8 (4,5 = 9)


[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: Xhaosdaemon has left at 10:55 am+
[Lazarus] 10:56 am: nice
[Lazarus] 10:56 am: Boomer reaches engineering and gets to work
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: has left at 10:56 am+
[monster87] 10:56 am: * I arrive in engineering, throw my bag with explosives, not very carefully, in a corner and set myself to work
[Lazarus] 10:56 am: you'll need to roll int+mech eng with 2 step bonus to to base skill so d12+d10 and reach a 35, starting next round
[] 10:57 am: "We are currently escaping the reavers"
[Lazarus] 10:57 am: ok alex do the pilot thing as the reaver ships try to box you in
[] 10:57 am: "you werent out for long"
[] 10:57 am: "This is our ship."
[starjunky] 10:57 am: ok spend 2 pp , so d12+d8+d12?
[Lazarus] 10:58 am: ok
[Lazarus] 10:58 am: no wait
[Lazarus] 10:58 am: plot points ADD a die
[Gabel] 10:58 am: Im going to try wiggle my way through the crowd check on our patients.
[Lazarus] 10:58 am: they do not improve a die
[starjunky] 10:58 am: oh
[starjunky] 10:58 am: starts rolling some dice: (d12+2d8+d4)
[starjunky] 10:58 am:

-> 1d12 (1)+ 2d8 (2,2 = 4) + 1d4 (1) = 6


[Lazarus] 10:58 am: wow
[Gabel] 10:59 am: How the fuck.
[Lazarus] 10:59 am: that REALLY sucked
[Lazarus] 10:59 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8;d8;d10+d8;d10+d8)
[Lazarus] 10:59 am:

-> 2d8 (8,6 = 14)

-> 1d8 (2)

-> 1d10 (9)+ 1d8 (7) = 16

-> 1d10 (9)+ 1d8 (7) = 16


[Gabel] 10:59 am: That looks like my average rolling
[starjunky] 10:59 am: curses at his himself
[Lazarus] 10:59 am: ok, the big ship and the two shuttles line up for a shot
[Gabel] 10:59 am: Sj if you kill me you aint getting your sigs !
[Lazarus] 10:59 am: the smaller ship falls even farther behind
[Lazarus] 11:00 am: the two shuttles fire
[Gabel] 11:00 am: (But then you wont need em yourself so lol)
[redwolffclaw] 11:00 am: (I look around from my bed. Is it nice in here?)
[Lazarus] 11:00 am: alex can roll d12+d8+d6 as his second action to dodge
[starjunky] 11:01 am: starts rolling some dice: (d12+d8+d6+d4)
[starjunky] 11:01 am:

-> 1d12 (5)+ 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (5)+ 1d4 (3) = 18


[starjunky] 11:01 am: 2 more npp
[Lazarus] 11:01 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8;2d8)
[Lazarus] 11:01 am:

-> 2d8 (5,6 = 11)

-> 2d8 (7,5 = 12)


[monster87] 11:01 am: nice roll
[Lazarus] 11:01 am: and easily avoids their fire
[Lazarus] 11:01 am: ok Boomer roll d12=d10
[Lazarus] 11:01 am: er +
[monster87] 11:01 am: is it mech repair? or tech repair?
[] 11:01 am: (Its a messy infirmary, everything is all over the place. The ship is a typical firefly)
[Lazarus] 11:01 am: mech
[monster87] 11:02 am: cuz mech is now d12 since a few sessions
[Lazarus] 11:02 am: NOT repair
[monster87] 11:02 am: so its 2d12
[Lazarus] 11:02 am: you are NOT repairing anything
[Lazarus] 11:02 am: d12+d10
[monster87] 11:02 am: hmm how can it be d10 then :P?
[monster87] 11:02 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 11:02 am:

-> 1d12 (5)+ 1d10 (2) = 7


[monster87] 11:02 am: damn.. is that enough?
[Lazarus] 11:02 am: d6+2 steps like I said earlier
[Lazarus] 11:02 am: target is 35
[Lazarus] 11:03 am: once you've got that, engine is ready for hard burn
[Gabel] 11:03 am: (Basically using PP will help you get to your goal faster)
[Lazarus] 11:03 am: alex piloting d12+2d8
[] 11:04 am: James realizes there isn't shit he can really do up in he air, so seeing the ship's captain make his way elsewhere, he decides to follow. Either way it's better than being cooped up with panicked and likely crying refugees.
[starjunky] 11:04 am: starts rolling some dice: (d12+2d8)
[starjunky] 11:04 am:

-> 1d12 (10)+ 2d8 (7,8 = 15) = 25


[Lazarus] 11:04 am: eep
[Lazarus] 11:04 am: screw it, you win that
[Lazarus] 11:04 am: the damaged smaller ship just can't keep up and is now out of range
[Lazarus] 11:05 am: the large ship and the two shuttles continue to persue
[starjunky] 11:05 am: " too damn close that time
[Lazarus] 11:06 am: boomer the d12+d10
[monster87] 11:06 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 11:06 am:

-> 1d12 (6)+ 1d10 (3) = 9


[Lazarus] 11:06 am: total is 16
[Gabel] 11:06 am: *Stepping into the Infirmary* How are our patients doing doc.
[Lazarus] 11:06 am: alex pilot
[redwolffclaw] 11:06 am: (I look up at the guy walking in) Peachy
[] 11:06 am: "Well thanks to my expertiese... Shes fine."
[starjunky] 11:07 am: starts rolling some dice: (d12+2d8)
[starjunky] 11:07 am:

-> 1d12 (7)+ 2d8 (1,1 = 2) = 9


[Lazarus] 11:07 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8;d8;d10+d8;d10+d8)
[Lazarus] 11:07 am:

-> 2d8 (4,1 = 5)

-> 1d8 (8)

-> 1d10 (3)+ 1d8 (2) = 5

-> 1d10 (5)+ 1d8 (1) = 6


[Gabel] 11:07 am: I see she's concious again hows the pilot ?
[Lazarus] 11:08 am: hmmm you still manage to pull from short to medium range
[Lazarus] 11:08 am: boomer
[] 11:08 am: (Aw yeah, that guy. Havent rolled for him yet.)
[monster87] 11:08 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 11:08 am:

-> 1d12 (6)+ 1d10 (9) = 15


[Lazarus] 11:08 am: same roll Z int+first aid
[monster87] 11:08 am: finally something decent
[starjunky] 11:08 am: " I think we're slowly outrunning them boss
[] 11:09 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d8)
[] 11:09 am:

-> 1d10 (7)+ 1d8 (6) = 13


[Lazarus] 11:09 am: total is 31, so close
[monster87] 11:09 am: hmm i can't reroll the roll of 7 now can i :)?
[monster87] 11:09 am: since I'm "things go smooth (major)
[Lazarus] 11:10 am: Zack, despite having seen many mangled bodies is still shaken by the fact the man's wounds were caused by bites
[] 11:10 am: (med kit bonus?)
[] 11:11 am: (I mean doctors bag)
[Lazarus] 11:11 am: Zack gets him stable and stiched up, but he's going to have obvious scarring
[Lazarus] 11:11 am: alex pilot
[Throol] 11:11 am: (I gotta go - later gang)
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: Throol has left at 11:11 am+
[Gabel] 11:11 am: Late
[Gabel] 11:11 am: To late
[Lazarus] 11:11 am: later jon
[Lazarus] 11:11 am: too fast
[] 11:12 am: Seeing it's the infirmary that James followed the ship's captain to, instead of walking in, he just leans against the wall just outside of the doorway where he can listen but not see.
[starjunky] 11:12 am: starts rolling some dice: (d12+2d8)
[starjunky] 11:12 am:

-> 1d12 (6)+ 2d8 (1,8 = 9) = 15


[Lazarus] 11:12 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8;d10+d8;d10+d8)
[Lazarus] 11:12 am:

-> 2d8 (2,8 = 10)

-> 1d10 (3)+ 1d8 (7) = 10

-> 1d10 (4)+ 1d8 (4) = 8


[Lazarus] 11:12 am: Alex stays at medium range and the two shuttles fire
[Lazarus] 11:12 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8;2d8)
[Lazarus] 11:12 am:

-> 2d8 (2,3 = 5)

-> 2d8 (2,3 = 5)


[Lazarus] 11:13 am: seriously? These guys SUCK
[Gabel] 11:13 am: Stop trying to blow us up you meanie
[] 11:13 am: (Or I am just too awesome to die.)
[Lazarus] 11:13 am: roll your evade alex d12+d8+d6
[starjunky] 11:13 am: starts rolling some dice: (d12+d8+d6+d4)
[starjunky] 11:13 am:

-> 1d12 (1)+ 1d8 (1)+ 1d6 (1)+ 1d4 (4) = 7


[starjunky] 11:13 am: spent last 2 pp
[Lazarus] 11:13 am: I should spend some plot points
[] 11:14 am: dm plotpoints
[Gabel] 11:14 am: That just sounds nasty in so many ways
[Lazarus] 11:14 am: good bloody thing you did, or you would have fumbler...
[starjunky] 11:14 am: (Noooooooo...
[Lazarus] 11:14 am: which would be...bad
[Lazarus] 11:14 am: the d4 saved you
[starjunky] 11:14 am: ( yeah, gots a bit lkucky there
[Lazarus] 11:15 am: boomer make your roll and get a 4
[monster87] 11:15 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 11:15 am:

-> 1d12 (3)+ 1d10 (9) = 12


[Lazarus] 11:15 am: Boomer makes the last adjustment and the fire angel is ready
[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:15 am: might be good to tell everyone to hang on
[starjunky] 11:16 am: "Grab somethin' folks! We're about to light the afterburner! Hard Burn imminent
[redwolffclaw] 11:16 am: (If I hear that I grip the bed and hold on)
[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:16 am: target number is 19, I'd say go all in
[monster87] 11:17 am: I take care of the exposions first.. dont want them to fly around
[starjunky] 11:17 am: ( was over ship comms by the way
[Lazarus] 11:18 am: (good plan boomer)
[Lazarus] 11:18 am: Alex make your roll
[starjunky] 11:18 am: starts rolling some dice: (d12+2d8)
[starjunky] 11:18 am:

-> 1d12 (8)+ 2d8 (5,6 = 11) = 19


[starjunky] 11:18 am: ( no pp left :(
[Lazarus] 11:19 am: The Fire Angel screams like she's in pain, but holds together through the vibrations that threaten to shake the ship apart
[Lazarus] 11:20 am: It is literally all Alex can do to hold the control yolk steady and it's unclear if the ship or Alex is screaming louder
[Lazarus] 11:20 am: everyone make an agility+athletics to hold on
[monster87] 11:21 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[monster87] 11:21 am:

-> 2d8 (2,4 = 6)


[] 11:21 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 11:21 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (1) = 6


[redwolffclaw] 11:21 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[redwolffclaw] 11:21 am:

-> 2d6 (2,3 = 5)


[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:21 am: you DO like to cut things close
[Gabel] 11:21 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[Gabel] 11:21 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d8 (8) = 13


[starjunky->Lazarus] 11:21 am: not by chioce
[Gabel] 11:21 am: Like a boss
[] 11:21 am: (With John's+2 step Leadership?)
[starjunky->Lazarus] 11:21 am: lol
[Gabel] 11:21 am: Oh shit thats not right
[Lazarus] 11:21 am: not even
[Gabel] 11:21 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6)
[Gabel] 11:21 am:

-> 1d6 (3)


[] 11:21 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d6)
[] 11:21 am:

-> 1d10 (5)+ 1d6 (5) = 10


[Gabel] 11:22 am: 8+3 = 11
[monster87] 11:22 am: what's the target? I use pp if necesarry, don't want to fly around with explosives in hand
[Lazarus] 11:22 am: John and the dandy hold on, but boomer, the woman, and the doc all go flying ass over teacup, along with most of the survivors
[Gabel] 11:22 am: Look MA im dancing IM DANCIN
[Lazarus] 11:22 am: However, no one suffers any injury
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: except fora couple bruises and maybe a slightly damaged ego
[monster87] 11:23 am: .. I can't use pp.. cuz I don't trust them explosives surviving that
[monster87] 11:23 am: ?
[Lazarus] 11:24 am: the explosives are fine
[Lazarus] 11:24 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6;d10+d6;d10+d6;d6)
[Lazarus] 11:24 am:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d6 (6) = 7

-> 1d10 (5)+ 1d6 (2) = 7

-> 1d10 (8)+ 1d6 (6) = 14

-> 1d6 (3)


[Gabel] 11:24 am: you aint carrying unstable dynamite.
[Lazarus] 11:25 am: checking the scanners, alex can see the damaged ship turn into a fireball, one shuttle seems to ride through the wave, he's knocked sideways and is now too far away to pursue, but it survives
[monster87] 11:25 am: ok :P you made me worried for a moment
[] 11:25 am: James just keeps himself braces on the ship as it flies around. It seems most go flying about, which strikes him as odd in a random passing thought. The refugees he could understand, but here are a spaceship's crew getting tossed about... and he was fine. Guess it's not all about 'ship legs'. He peers into the infirmary to make sure everyone's alright enough that they don't need help before just as quickly removing his head from the doorway.
[Lazarus] 11:25 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4;d10+d4)
[Lazarus] 11:25 am:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d4 (4) = 11

-> 1d10 (1)+ 1d4 (3) = 4


[Lazarus] 11:26 am: The large reaver ship also survives, also too far to pursue, but the other shuttle also becomes a fireball
[redwolffclaw] 11:26 am: (i stand up and try to help others up as well)
[starjunky] 11:26 am: *comms* knocked out one ship, other seems to be breaking off
[Gabel] 11:27 am: *Coms* Take us out of here alex as far away as we can from these gorram crazies we gotta get these people to safety.
[monster87] 11:27 am: * comms * "WOOT we made it!!!
[Lazarus] 11:27 am: Knowing the state of the atmo scrubbers already overtaxed by the failed waste pump, alex keeps the ship in the atmo of Orzmund
[monster87] 11:27 am: * runs back to the bridge *
[redwolffclaw] 11:28 am: :yeah:
[] 11:28 am: *sigh*
[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:28 am: you willhave to land on planet
[monster87] 11:28 am: Guess I'm repairing things
[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:28 am: but you do have a whole planet to choose
[monster87] 11:29 am: (sorry guys, but I gotta have a bite to eat with my girlfriend, I'll be back soon)
[Lazarus->] 11:29 am: just so you know, the ship literally smells like shit at the moment
[Lazarus] 11:29 am: kk
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:29 am: you can't break atmo, so you will have to put down somewhere
[->Lazarus] 11:30 am: Oh, I thought that got fixed.
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:30 am: Im gonna ask the passengers if they know any safespots they can hide
[redwolffclaw] 11:30 am: (Looks at the doctor) Thanks for the doctoring. My name is Jo *remember she is ugly as sin*
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:30 am: where they can*
[redwolffclaw] 11:30 am: (At least on one half of her face.... lol)
[starjunky] 11:30 am: "Cap'n we gotta land back on the planet soon - where to?
[] 11:31 am: (Were not all hitting on everything that moves :D
[Gabel] 11:31 am: *Steps out to adress the passengers*
[Lazarus] 11:31 am: I'm going to give everyone 3 PP for the escape, +2 to John, Boomer, and Alex for their parts as well (total 5)
[redwolffclaw] 11:31 am: (lol it isnt so much as hitting on her as trying not to go... OH my god! What happened to your face! Uhg!)
[Gabel] 11:31 am: We gotta land back on the planet but we need to know if you all know of any other settlements or safespots were you can hide out til this all blows over
[Gabel] 11:32 am: *Adressing the passengers*
[] 11:32 am: "Hi, I'm Zack. And I do what the captain tells me to..."
[] 11:32 am: With the immediate threat of death out of the way, James takes this time to notice how horribly this ship smelled. Reaching into his back pocket, he pulls out a hankercheif and covers his mouth and nose with it using his right hand to do so. "Good lord what is that smell." Said out loud, yet more to himself than anything.
[Lazarus->] 11:33 am: was only about half finished
[redwolffclaw] 11:33 am: (I look at the guy asking the question) I go wherever work takes me. Was planning on packing up soon anyway when the reavers showed up.
[Gabel] 11:33 am: (I thought boomer fixed the waste pumps ? )
[Lazarus] 11:33 am: (She was only about half finished)
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:34 am: They are pretty much hick farmers, they really do not know much beyond 20 miles of their town
[Gabel] 11:34 am: *On Coms* Alex can you scan for a safespot were we might drop these people off
[] 11:34 am: "Yeah, well I guess everything worked out for you then. I dont suspect captain will charge you anything for this trip"
[starjunky] 11:35 am: "sure Boss, will get right on that
[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:35 am: there are lots of small towns and a handful of larger ones within 200 miles of the raid
[] 11:35 am: "He probably wont even let me charge you..."
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:35 am: Can we rig a shuttle with a beacon to fly the other way ?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:36 am: to do what?
[redwolffclaw] 11:36 am: You guys wouldnt happen to need any help would you? I owe you guys for bringing me along.
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:36 am: I dont know if the reavers are still around or if their still looking for us
[] 11:37 am: "I prefer money, however I guess you could ask the captain. Its not like hes picky about people."
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:37 am: you've broken contact
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:37 am: kk
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:37 am: Well i asked Alex to find a suitable spot on the planet to drop these people off
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:37 am: We got scanners right ?
[redwolffclaw] 11:37 am: Ok, sorry guys I cannot stay awake any longer. Double shifts and such have me completely loopy
[starjunky] 11:37 am: ( cya Red
[Gabel] 11:37 am: Get to bed :)
[] 11:38 am: (Aww, too bad then)
[] 11:38 am: (You gotta sleep though)
[Gabel] 11:38 am: Cya next session get some rest.
[redwolffclaw] 11:38 am: I will see you guys next week. :D
[] 11:38 am: Bye
[Lazarus] 11:38 am: later red
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:39 am: [Lazarus] 11:35 am: there are lots of small towns and a handful of larger ones within 200 miles of the raid
[] 11:39 am: (So i guess Jo goes to rest.)
[Lazarus] 11:39 am: she is still woozy from the toxin
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:39 am: Im guessing the larger ones have more people
[starjunky] 11:39 am: *coms* Cap'n got many small towns a few larger ones within 200 miles of the raid location, any preferences?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:39 am: small ones are around 100 the larger ones are from 500 to 1000
[Gabel] 11:39 am: How large is large Alex
[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:40 am: largest is about 1,000 people
[Gabel] 11:40 am: Take us in to one of the larger towns.
[starjunky] 11:41 am: "looks like largest is about a thousand folks
[Gabel] 11:41 am: Strength in numbers alex.
[Gabel] 11:41 am: You picking up any reaver ships nearby ?
[Lazarus] 11:41 am: Alex flares in at the largest he can find and settles in nice and smooth
[starjunky] 11:41 am: "Roger, heading to the biggest town
[Lazarus->starjunky] 11:41 am: no sign of them
[starjunky] 11:42 am: " no sign of Reavers
[Lazarus] 11:42 am: As the worst of the shock wears off, some of the kids begin to ask questions and you do hear "This boat smells like tinkle"
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: redwolffclaw has left at 11:43 am+
[Lazarus] 11:43 am: The women hush the children and are extremely grateful
[Lazarus] 11:43 am: even if most of them are widows now
[Lazarus] 11:44 am: and don't want to think about how their men died
[Lazarus] 11:44 am: The one pilot has a worried frown as he supports his wounded brother as they head toward the ramp.
[Gabel] 11:44 am: If i overhear that im going to appologize for the smell and explain we were in the middle of repairing the wastedisposal before all this happened.
[] 11:45 am: (Did I hear emotionally vulnerable widows?)
[Lazarus] 11:45 am: "Zeb and I thank ye for the deliverance."
[Gabel] 11:45 am: Im sorry we could not get to your bother sooner.
[Gabel] 11:45 am: brother*
[Lazarus] 11:46 am: "Ya got there, that's enough" the wounded man croaks
[Lazarus] 11:46 am: "Looks like our part in the revolution is over, but if'n not for them weapons, no one woulda got out."
[starjunky] 11:47 am: *to John* - "How about them cigs?
[Gabel] 11:47 am: *Throws SJ some platinum for a pack of cigs* You earned it.
[Lazarus] 11:48 am: The people of the town, which is named Prosperity, get curious and begin to take in the survivors when they hear what happened.
[starjunky] 11:48 am: "heh, was waay too close tho. But thanks
[Lazarus] 11:48 am: The mayor soon arrives to thank you
[] 11:48 am: Walking over towards the captain of the ship, James waits for him to finish talking to whomever it is he is talking to, his thumbs hooked into his gunslinger's belt nonchalantly. He'll wait for his turn to talk to the man, at least.
[Lazarus] 11:48 am: "Land o'goshen, but you are saviors sent from above."
[Gabel] 11:49 am: *Turns his attention to the mayor*
[] 11:49 am: *Zack joins the rest of the crew*
[Lazarus] 11:50 am: "We will be hard pressed to help these folk, but we can help them under they return home. Them as wish to that is."
[Lazarus] 11:50 am: "Reavers don't stay long. Probably already hit the black by now."
[Lazarus] 11:51 am: "Thank you again for being good samaritans. I've got to go coordinate for their billeting now."
[Gabel] 11:51 am: Stop right there.
[Lazarus] 11:52 am: "Yes young feller?"
[Gabel] 11:53 am: Whats this billeting your talking about.
[Lazarus] 11:53 am: These folk have got to stay somewhere until they can decide what they want to do and there isn't enough hotel rools for this many
[Gabel] 11:54 am: Well make sure it be done proper sir these people have been through alot.
[Gabel] 11:55 am: And if anybody wants to leave they can leave with me we will be taking off shortly.
[] 11:55 am: "Yeah would be a real shame if they starved or something after we risked ourselves for them..."
[Lazarus] 11:55 am: "You do not need to school me on how to take care of people son. Now, I've got a town to take care of." he leaves in a huff
[Lazarus] 11:55 am: The mayor hustles off leaving the woman passed out in the infirmary, the dandy, and the man Harvey Killian on board.
[Gabel] 11:56 am: *Mumbling obscenities*
[Lazarus] 11:56 am: Killian clears his throat...
[Gabel] 11:56 am: *Turns around to the crew and the ship*
[Lazarus] 11:56 am: "Since I know you are not from this moon. I'd like to hire you to take me to Beaumond."
[Gabel] 11:57 am: Sir if you want a ride your welcome to it hopefully we can get the smell fixed as well *chuckles*
[Lazarus] 11:58 am: "I'm not concerned about the smell captain. I am however concerned with actions."
[Gabel] 11:58 am: And what about you sir *Looking at the fellow without his hat*
[Lazarus] 11:58 am: "Decisive actions like I just witnessed."
[Lazarus->] 12:00 pm: *NUDGE*
[Gabel] 12:00 pm: A man should not turn down the plea of the people i did what i felt was right.
[Lazarus] 12:00 pm: "I came here to the Georgia system to see if the conditions here were as bad as I was led to believe."
[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: "And they are worse, not even counting ravenous monsters of nightmare."
[Gabel] 12:01 pm: *On coms* Booms can you and ian dismantle the equipment we cant be flying around with it on.
[] 12:01 pm: "Oh, I think I have had quite enough of this rock." Not to mention the locals were getting restless with his winning at gambling. Sometimes to seemingly impossible streaks. "If you have the space, I wouldn't mind tagging along... hopefully the smell does indeed get fixed." Perfect straight white teeth were shown in a disarming smile. In his mind, he was thinking that this might be the only way off this rock. Ships aren't likely to come around when a Reaver attack just happened.
[->Lazarus] 12:02 pm: Guess I gotta figure a way to gamble enough to afford a shuttle rental.
[Gabel] 12:02 pm: Your welcome to stay on my ship you seem like the kind of guy who can handle himself.
[Lazarus->] 12:02 pm: that can work
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: As you mention Ian's name, Ian arrives on the cargo ramp, all his gear with him.
[monster87] 12:03 pm: * comms * "Sure.. as soon as .. I'm done with.. this particularily tricky.. screw"
[monster87] 12:03 pm: (im back)
[] 12:03 pm: "It seems you like to pick up people to travel with you no matter where you go..."
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: "Captain. I guess I'll make this short."
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:04 pm: did i fix the waste system yet?
[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: "We do not see eye to eye on the revolution. I believe it needs to be fought and I want to fight it."
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:04 pm: not yet
[Gabel] 12:04 pm: Ive killed these beasts before sir their as tenacious as they are deadly if this is the kind of thing that happens on a daily bases around the rim worlds the people here need a means to defend themselves.
[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: "You made it clear you do not, so this is where we part ways. Good luck to you John."
[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: Ian gives John a firm handshake and departs. He does not look back
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:05 pm: we need to dismantle that weapon in space right? in pink space suits?
[Gabel] 12:05 pm: Ian if ya be saying what you be sayin i know where this is going your welcome on my ship any time son but remember wars are fought by the young and foolish for goals they might not quite understand themselves.
[] 12:05 pm: "Huh"
[] 12:05 pm: "I did miss something didnt I."
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:05 pm: (it'll be fun to walk past everyone in that thing :P)
[Gabel] 12:06 pm: (Throol already made it clear he wanted to leave the game this is Ian taking his fond farewells :)
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: (Throol wanted out, made it clear, this seemed like a logical place)
[->Lazarus] 12:06 pm: It keeps me from having to follow orders since I will be a passenger. Plus, staying in one spot for long doesn't work for my character since eventually some husband or sore loser will come after him. Lol
[->Lazarus] 12:06 pm: Good enough reason to latch on.
[Lazarus->] 12:07 pm: yep
[] 12:07 pm: (Yeah. I get it. Zack didnt know what happened between Ian and you guys at the party.)
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:07 pm: you are in atmo, so no need for the suit
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: fenixphire has left at 12:07 pm+
[->Lazarus] 12:07 pm: Also passengers aren't expected to do stuff like manual labor like crew are. Haha
[Lazarus->] 12:07 pm: IF they wish to be welcome they do
[monster87] 12:08 pm: * starts working with Ian on the weapon *
[monster87] 12:08 pm: .. scrap that
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:08 pm: Ian is gone
[monster87] 12:08 pm: I'll find someone else to help me
[->Lazarus] 12:08 pm: Hah, suppose so.
[monster87] 12:08 pm: * looks around - who of the 'new' crew looks strong? *
[->Lazarus] 12:08 pm: Indominable will! They'll love me even if they hateme.
[monster87] 12:09 pm: (and handsome :P)
[Lazarus] 12:09 pm: Killian watches Ian leave. "Good man there. He would have fit in nicely to what I have planned. Captain, I have a business proposition for you."
[Lazarus->] 12:09 pm: not so much, the women will figure you out and you suffer a -2 step penalty against you
[Gabel] 12:09 pm: (Captains rather good looking !)
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:09 pm: (who of the others is looking strong, handsome and smart enough to help me with dismantling operation? If nobody ill ask star :P?
[Lazarus->] 12:09 pm: amorous cuts both ways
[monster87] 12:10 pm: (hehe I know, but he's busy doing captainy things)
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:10 pm: you can ask the dandy, but he likes like a lightweight
[Gabel] 12:10 pm: Im listening Killian
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:10 pm: what player is that again?
[] 12:10 pm: (Gabel do you lack the alluring perk? It seems so)
[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: "I was proposing funding a medical ship. One that would travel the Rim, helping those in need."
[] 12:11 pm: Once James tells the captain that he plans on staying on as a passenger, he seems immediately disinterested in everything else that's going on. As for the mechanic's search, strong isn't something that could really describe his tall thin form, but good looking might just be an understatement. Not to mention probably the best dressed. He begins to wonder vaugely where the shuttles on the ship are located and ponders trying to find them.
[Lazarus] 12:12 pm: "I have access to the medical supplies and additional personnel, but I didn't have a ship or someone competent to run the program. I believe that to be you and your crew."
[->Lazarus] 12:12 pm: Trueee.. but hey, maybe they're shallow too.
[Lazarus->] 12:12 pm: not so much
[Lazarus->] 12:12 pm: You can RP that
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:13 pm: Mick is the dandy
[] 12:13 pm: "Oh so we're gonna have a ship full of wannabe doctors."
[->Lazarus] 12:13 pm: I suffer a -2 penalty against me?
[] 12:13 pm: "Sounds great."
[starjunky] 12:13 pm: (need to break for about 10 mins for lunch
[Gabel] 12:13 pm: Well that sounds like a good plan indeed sir
[Lazarus->] 12:13 pm: you suffer a penalty against anyone that knows you
[monster87] 12:13 pm: * walks over to james, even though it's a new face to her * (Boomer is a small asian woman in pretty baggy clothes, but still quite good-looking if you like that sort) "Heya! What's your name?"
[->Lazarus] 12:13 pm: Oh, you mean my Forked Tongue.
[Lazarus->] 12:14 pm: amorus too
[->Lazarus] 12:14 pm: Really?
[Lazarus->] 12:14 pm: NUDGE, you're on
[monster87] 12:14 pm: (ow and I probably smell pretty badly now and have stains, since I was repairing the waste system a moment before)
[Gabel] 12:15 pm: If its to help the people on the rim i would indeed be interested.
[monster87] 12:15 pm: (mick? I'm saying hello)
[Lazarus->] 12:16 pm: actually forked tongue is minus FOUR to those that know you, so you'd be at -6 to all your influence skills
[Lazarus] 12:16 pm: (he likes to type long responses)
[] 12:16 pm: Getting his thoughts broken off by someone speaking to him, he turns towards the woman. Odd smelling dirty women aren't really his type, and top that with a questionable smelling ship, and he's not really impressed, but he throws on a smile anyway, laying on a bit of charm. "I'm James Wyatt Take, and you are?"
[->Lazarus] 12:16 pm: I only see the -2 on Amourous to people who don't appreciate my advances.
[->Lazarus] 12:17 pm: Or rather, offended by my advances.
[Lazarus->] 12:19 pm: depends on how they RP, if they ain't catching what y'all is pitchin' so sorry charlie
[monster87] 12:19 pm: "They call me Boomer. I'm the ships technician. How are you at lifting heavy equipment?"
[] 12:19 pm: "Well, carrying the woman earlier did seem to be too much"
[] 12:20 pm: "Maybe he was just feeling dizzy... Or something"
[monster87] 12:20 pm: "We need to dismantle 'em no-longer-useful weapon pointing skyward there and I'm 'fraid I can't do that alone."
[Gabel] 12:20 pm: Well Killian how about we talk about this around a warm meal on our way to Beaumond
[Gabel] 12:20 pm: Booms i can give you a hand
[] 12:21 pm: "Ah... well..." Those bright sky blue eyes that'd make his well off face stick even more into one's memory looked over to the side. "Seems I managed to pull something when that was going on. When the Reavers were attacking, I had to go back for her, killing the five that surrounded her in order to pull her off the ground. Lost my hat in the process." He cringed and held his lower back ever-so-gingerly. "I wish I could help."
[->Lazarus] 12:21 pm: So either..
[->Lazarus] 12:21 pm: I am super awesome at it, or super terrible. No real middle ground.
[Lazarus] 12:21 pm: "Sounds like a solid proposal captain. I am in a hurry to get back, so I will pay double the going rate."
[Lazarus->] 12:21 pm: pretty much
[] 12:22 pm: "You wanna get that checked? I'm an academy doctor."
[->Lazarus] 12:22 pm: Eh, fine with me. Heh
[Gabel] 12:22 pm: Sounds good to me we just gotta dismantled some equipment first then we will be on our way.
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: Jaessiana has left at 12:22 pm+
[Lazarus->] 12:22 pm: should make for fun rp
[] 12:23 pm: "No, thank you though, I am sure it'll heal up on it's own with giving it plenty of rest." A slight nod of his head was given to the doctor, that million dollar smile never leaving his face which held slight facial hair stubble. Just enough to be considered stylish.
[->Lazarus] 12:23 pm: Of course, which is always my first concern.
[->Lazarus] 12:24 pm: Hence why I chose my Drawbacks before any of my Assets. Lol
[] 12:24 pm: "Right."
[Lazarus] 12:24 pm: Alex arrives during all the discussion. "Guess it's you and me boomer. Come on, this won't take long"
[monster87] 12:24 pm: "Ok captain, let's do it"
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:25 pm: please roll d12+d4
[monster87] 12:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d4)
[monster87] 12:26 pm:

-> 1d12 (12)+ 1d4 (4) = 16


[monster87->Lazarus] 12:26 pm: nto sure why, but i got max
[] 12:27 pm: (What was that roll for?)
[Gabel] 12:27 pm: While they do that can i look around town to see if anyone needs a ride to Beumonde before we leave ?
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:27 pm: This guy is a snake...his smile seems fake and you are just a collection of parts to him. You figure he's already calculating how long it will take to talk his way into your panties
[Lazarus] 12:28 pm: (Secret stuff Z)
[] 12:28 pm: ( Oooh.)
[Lazarus] 12:28 pm: You sure can Gabel
[monster87] 12:28 pm: Cap you helpin or not?
[Gabel] 12:28 pm: Then thats what i will be doing.
[Gabel] 12:28 pm: I thought alex was helping ?
[monster87] 12:29 pm: "Cap, you really need to help me, right now, sorry Mr."
[Gabel] 12:29 pm: Laz played it in that he came along and dragged you away
[Lazarus] 12:29 pm: At hard burn, it's about a 12 day trip, shorter if Alex gets a good plot
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:29 pm: alex will help you with the gremlin
[Gabel] 12:29 pm: Kay no problem *Gets dragged by boomer*
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:29 pm: i just want to speak to the captain about what you just said
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:29 pm: kk
[starjunky] 12:30 pm: ( bk
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:30 pm: you can RP the convo, I was just moving things along as the gremlin is a trivial task
[Gabel] 12:30 pm: If you guys want a clear picture of what the captain actualy looks like minus the cigar (http://gamersbay.ru/images/newsarticles/jim1.jpg)
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:30 pm: just to be sure. Is mick the snake, or the NPC?
[] 12:30 pm: (404)
[Gabel] 12:30 pm: (ignore the )
[Lazarus] 12:30 pm: I got a 404
[Gabel] 12:30 pm: http://gamersbay.ru/images/newsarticles/jim1.jpg
[Gabel] 12:31 pm: You already knows what he looks like laz i already showed you the pic lol
[Lazarus] 12:31 pm: nice
[Gabel] 12:31 pm: Unless you forgot.
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:31 pm: mick is the snake
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:31 pm: ah my mistake then
[] 12:31 pm: (cool)
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:31 pm: at least when it comes to women, but you aren't sure anything that comes out of his mouth is true or not
[Lazarus] 12:31 pm: I am old, just ask Mick
[monster87] 12:32 pm: (ahh misunderstanding with Laz, scrap that I pulled you away)
[monster87] 12:32 pm: I just head with Alex to dismantle the thing
[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: ok, alex and boomer dismount the gremlin
[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: john goes to find passengers
[Gabel] 12:33 pm: (Yup thats what im doing)
[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: john roll int+ streetwise
[] 12:33 pm: (Yes, Laz actually used to ride a horse into battle.)
[Gabel] 12:33 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[Gabel] 12:33 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d8 (4) = 6


[] 12:33 pm: *Zack stays on the ship, after this ordeal even more paranoid about staying on the ground*
[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: Yep, used to in the infantry when chevrons still pointed down
[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d4)
[Lazarus] 12:34 pm:

-> 1d4 (3)


[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: John comes back with three passengers and by the time he does, the waste pump is also repaired
[monster87] 12:34 pm: (im on a roll :P)
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: alex roll int+ d6
[Lazarus->] 12:35 pm: interesting chargen process
[monster87] 12:35 pm: * goes to a well-deserved long shower *
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: Sweeper has left at 12:35 pm+
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: (and needed)
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: Anyone want to buy or do anything before you lift?
[starjunky] 12:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[starjunky] 12:36 pm:

-> 1d6 (4)+ 1d6 (4) = 8


[->Lazarus] 12:36 pm: Heh, just how I am.. I chose 5 Drawbacks and then chose 1 Asset and then realized I needed more Assets.
[Lazarus] 12:36 pm: Remember you are in HICKS ville
[->Lazarus] 12:36 pm: Drawbacks are generally bigger RP spices.
[Lazarus] 12:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+1)
[Lazarus] 12:36 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1 (1) = 6


[monster87] 12:36 pm: (as we're showing pictures, this is about how I look (probably a bit more dirty) http://www.iphonewallpaperblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Battlestar-Galactica-Boomer-iPhone-Wallpaper.jpg)
[starjunky] 12:36 pm: *I'd like someone to buy some smokes for me in town*
[] 12:36 pm: (he operating theatre is still broken, when boomer has time that could be fixed.)
[] 12:37 pm: (another 404)
[Lazarus] 12:37 pm: Alex goes to the bridge to start plotting the course to Beaumonde, but because of the orbits, it's going to be a long haul
[] 12:37 pm: (Hold up.. how much time are we talking spent in this town?)
[] 12:37 pm: (Because if it's a couple hours or more, I probably need to get rid of half of my money.)
[Gabel] 12:38 pm: Well i buy the smokes for sj as i said i would
[Gabel] 12:38 pm: but not getting anything else
[monster87] 12:38 pm: (this one then: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/14/18113317_6f70080358.jpg)
[monster87] 12:39 pm: crappy chat
[] 12:39 pm: (Image unavailable)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:39 pm: We should be okay in the food department
[Lazarus] 12:39 pm: fortunately, the Pride class is known for having long legs, but you will be down to roughly 30 tons of fuel. That is still good for another 1,000 hours of operation
[->Lazarus] 12:41 pm: Any idea of if it's long enough for me to spend half of my current money on women and a new hat and alcohol and such.. and then gamble? Lol
[Gabel] 12:41 pm: Just think boomer from battlestar galactica im sure you get the picture
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: the four passengers will however bring in 750 credits due to Killian paying the surcharge for hard burn
[] 12:41 pm: "Captain, you want to bring me a drink from there? I didnt get to finish my last one."
[Gabel] 12:42 pm: Bring a bottle of whiskey on me
[Gabel] 12:42 pm: We need to celebrate surviving...
[Lazarus] 12:42 pm: With the line of hooey Take can spin, no one will let him buy booze, so he gets to look the hero as he relates the escape from the reavers
[Lazarus] 12:42 pm: especially the part where he saved the woman from certain death
[Lazarus] 12:43 pm: Once everyone is aboard, along with the booze, you lift for the 12 day trip to Beaumonde
[Lazarus] 12:43 pm: However, as you lift, you see a reaver ship and shuttle approaching.....
[Lazarus] 12:44 pm: Damn I wish I could see your faces
[Lazarus] 12:44 pm: No Reavers
[Gabel] 12:44 pm: No thats a lie
[Gabel] 12:44 pm: Hah
[Gabel] 12:44 pm: You done it to many times
[Gabel] 12:44 pm: Becomming to predictable !
[] 12:44 pm: Laz is an arse
[Lazarus] 12:44 pm: yeah, ain't I a stinker?
[Lazarus] 12:45 pm: You do have a nice celebration, but it is obvious that food will run thin by the time you get to beaumonde
[monster87] 12:45 pm: xD too bad the dramatic effect is gone when you're reading from bottom to top and the last comment is "laz is an arse"
[Lazarus] 12:45 pm: mmmmm protein in all the colors of the rainbow
[monster87] 12:45 pm: Damn, I even bought spices to get our cooking to a higher level
[monster87] 12:46 pm: I even took skill in cooking ;)
[Lazarus] 12:46 pm: Anyone have anything planned for the trip?
[] 12:46 pm: (Yes)
[Gabel] 12:46 pm: Im working on my welding improving the ship if i can
[Lazarus] 12:46 pm: There will be enough food for you to get there, but the cupboards will be bare by the time you arrive
[Lazarus] 12:46 pm: ok mick, do it
[] 12:46 pm: (As I said, I still have that scrapped operating theatre. )
[Gabel] 12:46 pm: I also introduce myself at everybody at the celebration
[monster87] 12:47 pm: Yeah I know - I'll write that hacking script I told you in private chat ;) or at least an-easy-to-modify prototype
[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: boomer can roll her int+tech repair
[monster87] 12:47 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12)
[monster87] 12:47 pm:

-> 2d12 (12,9 = 21)


[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: the operating theater now talks
[monster87] 12:47 pm: ah and can't we RP some more of this celebration evening?
[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: makes a damn fine cup of cuppicino too
[] 12:47 pm: As the trip goes on, James continuously tries to see if anyone wants to play a friendly game of cards. He doesn't have any repairs or improvements to make on the ship since he's just a passenger, and he looks like he's suffering slightly with little to do and no gambling to be had.
[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: Sure can boomer
[] 12:48 pm: (Well its done, good.)
[monster87] 12:48 pm: set the scene a bit laz ;)
[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: ok
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: After lifting and NOT spotting any reavers...alex locks in the auto pilot and joins everyone for dinner
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: altogether there are four crew, James, Jo, Killian, and three others
[monster87] 12:49 pm: * starts a chant that'll soon be roaring * "toast!" (asking the captain to toast to the fine completion of the adventures)
[starjunky] 12:50 pm: "good job on that emergency hard burn back there Boomer
[Lazarus] 12:50 pm: with ten the main table is a bit crowded, but there is food for everyone
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:50 pm: yeah, but with 120 man days, you will not be
[monster87] 12:50 pm: "Thanks Alex, the hard burn wasn't much of a challange, but I do respect you a lot more for piloting our boat. That's not as easy as I thought in a stressful situation"
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:50 pm: Then i would have bought supplies
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:50 pm: I still have cash enough thats why i asked
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:51 pm: Im sure even hick towns have food to sell
[starjunky] 12:51 pm: "and its too bad Ian took his toys and left. Think we need to recruit some more muscle?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:51 pm: you can buy better stuff on beaumonde, it was just color
[Lazarus->] 12:51 pm: you have time to buy a Mighty Fine Hat
[monster87] 12:51 pm: "Well I'm actually happy Ian left.. he was the only one I didn't get along with.. always talkin' about killin' and joinin' the rebels and stuff.."
[Gabel] 12:51 pm: Well dig in people i would like to introduce myself to our new guests the names John Helios Iskellian and im the captain of this here fine vessel so i ask you all to dig in and enjoy the meal our fine mechanic prepared enjoy!
[Lazarus->] 12:51 pm: that would be nice enough to cost 10 credits
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:52 pm: okay okay.
[] 12:52 pm: "You and me both... He was dragging us down deeper into troble faster than the captain."
[->Lazarus] 12:52 pm: Hey, gotta keep up the overall price of my clothing afterall.
[monster87] 12:52 pm: "Yeah!!! 3 cheers for our aamazing captain!!"
[starjunky] 12:52 pm: "yeah, Cap'n and I agreed that I need to stick around the ship more, keep getting caught off guard without a pilot
[Lazarus->] 12:52 pm: agreed
[] 12:52 pm: "Thats saying something"
[Gabel] 12:52 pm: Yeah alex i think its best if you dont leave the ship to much
[->Lazarus] 12:52 pm: It'll be a terrible moment when I finally meet someone better dressed than me.
[] 12:52 pm: "Cheers for free whiskey..."
[monster87] 12:52 pm: "Well I'm getting pretty skillfull at piloting this boat" * winks *
[Gabel] 12:52 pm: I think we already agreed on that *chuckles*
[Lazarus->] 12:53 pm: heaven forbid you ever go to the core
[monster87] 12:53 pm: * odd look at Zeenix (forgot your char name again) *
[starjunky] 12:53 pm: "indeed, you've shore pulled some rabbits outta the hat
[] 12:53 pm: (Zack)
[Gabel] 12:53 pm: Boomer youve done well but i dont want us to get caught with our pants down again.
[->Lazarus] 12:53 pm: I don't think my kind is too welcome in the core.
[Lazarus->] 12:53 pm: not so much
[->Lazarus] 12:53 pm: Gunslinging, womanizing, gambler...
[->Lazarus] 12:53 pm: But I gotta be one of the best dressed in all the Rim, hah.
[Gabel] 12:53 pm: Well the whiskeys for the drink we never finished back on (Wherever we were cause i forgot)
[monster87] 12:53 pm: "Heh don't worry, we'll beat through any situation with as fine people as the lot of you"
[] 12:54 pm: "I'm hoping this time i get the chance to finish mine."
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: DM Nexus has left at 12:54 pm+
[] 12:54 pm: "No bar fights or reavers on a ship"
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:54 pm: roll int+will
[monster87] 12:55 pm: "Zack I heard you saved some people too, you're so wonderful. I wish I could save people like you"
[Lazarus->] 12:55 pm: you hope
[] 12:55 pm: "Well I'm pretty good at putting bodies together thats for sure."
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:55 pm: lol that felt like Kaylee saying that ;)
[Gabel] 12:55 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d10)
[Gabel] 12:55 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d10 (8) = 14


[] 12:55 pm: Having already had quite a bit of free whiskey in the town, what could some more hurt? Truthfully, he was just glad to have a new hat that he bought before they took off. His head didn't feel bare and exposed. He enjoyed the food well enough, and listened to the conversation, trying to learn more about the people he'd embedded himself among.
[monster87] 12:56 pm: "Now don't be shy"?
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:56 pm: just a bit, but if you want to crush on the doc, you can
[->Lazarus] 12:56 pm: See previous comment about the horrible moment when I find out otherwise.
[] 12:56 pm: "Wouldn't have done much good if we've all gotten blown up."
[->Lazarus] 12:56 pm: Lol
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:56 pm: as you celebrate, you remember a problem
[] 12:56 pm: "Or left on the surface."
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:56 pm: His name is Marko Platz
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:56 pm: the guy you double crossed when you helped those farmers
[] 12:56 pm: "So thanks." *Says with a bit of akwardness*
[monster87] 12:56 pm: * to capn * "Ain't our doc cute when he's shy?"
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:57 pm: hehe, i'll see how he plays along
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:57 pm: kk
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:57 pm: still got star :P but it feels more like a companionship than a relation with him :P
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:57 pm: Oh fuck
[monster87] 12:57 pm: * with a big smile * "You're welcome Zack"
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:57 pm: Ah the burdens of command
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:58 pm: however you want to take it
[] 12:58 pm: "I'm just suprised I'm still able to ride the same boat, Brass monkey wasn't the first trip gone bad by a long shot."
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:58 pm: hehe, anyway I'm enjoying my char a lot :
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:58 pm: Yeah but i also got a friend down there who can make sure we dont show up on the radar for docked ships.
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:58 pm: yes you do
[] 12:58 pm: At this point he did break into the conversation. "Never was much of a concern for me, no Reaver in this 'Verse that can outshoot me. Nor my first encounter with the beasts. A steady hand will prevail every time." He said smoothly with confidence in his gunmanship.
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:59 pm: might need to send him a wave
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:59 pm: Im gonna see if i cant contact him
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:59 pm: Yeah i will
[] 12:59 pm: (What happened to Rays body by the way? Did we deliver it?)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:59 pm: Once the celebration and stuff is done with
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:59 pm: sure
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:59 pm: figured, you might need a reminder
[] 12:59 pm: "Confidence is good I guess, too bad you didnt have that with you in the bar."
[Lazarus] 12:59 pm: Still in a cargo container
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:00 pm: Yeah its a good thing i was trying to figure out Beumonde wasnt that the place were we started
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:00 pm: in my head earlier :p
[monster87] 1:00 pm: * fully ignoring James' comment, to Ace * "So just in case, you want to exchange some more about piloting and repairing, just in case you need to safe the ship sometime by repairing it's engine?"
[Lazarus->starjunky] 1:02 pm: you know Beylix, Ray, the dead doc's hoeworld is less than a day's trip from Beaumonde
[starjunky] 1:02 pm: "sure Booms, cross training is great idea
[] 1:02 pm: "Even a fine tuned machine gets a cough now and then." A platinum coin moved along the top of his fingers back and forth, flipping as it did in a slow metronome sort of way. "Didn't see it stop me from helping protect you, Doctor." Immediately a smile was flash at the man.
[Lazarus->starjunky] 1:02 pm: homeworld even
[starjunky] 1:03 pm: " and I'm pretty sure Beylix the homworld of dead Doc is less than a day from Beau
[Gabel] 1:03 pm: *Takes a swig of his drink* John goes quiet as hes mulling over past events and what the future might hold.
[monster87] 1:03 pm: "What about right now?" * winks *
[starjunky] 1:03 pm: "you betcha
[Gabel] 1:03 pm: Yeah we better bury Ray once we got the time.
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: Jaessiana has left at 1:04 pm+
[monster87] 1:04 pm: Alex and Boomer depart together
[Lazarus] 1:04 pm: Killian becomes interested at the point. "You lost a crewman captain?"
[] 1:04 pm: "The way I see it, we we're all running the hell out of there, like we should have. "
[] 1:05 pm: "You did save Jo though, I give you that."
[Gabel] 1:05 pm: Ray a mighty fine doctor we were on our way to bury him when we got sidetracked.
[] 1:05 pm: "Funny how that happens when you want to help everyone we meet."
[] 1:06 pm: "Getting sidetracked I mean."
[Lazarus] 1:06 pm: "My condolences. Seems as if the entire 'Verse has gone insane. You know I heard rumors of a rebellion while I was on Orzmund? To think of it. why would anyone rebel against the Alliance?"
[Gabel] 1:07 pm: Aint so hard to believe the gorram alliance leaves the outer rim undefended and people arent even allowed to carry enough arms to defend themselves from reaver attacks.
[Gabel] 1:07 pm: Im tellin ya theres another war brewin and its gonna get worse then the last one.
[] 1:08 pm: "Yeah, the real way to ensure safety is to start killing each other! So the reavers will have a hard time finding anyone to rape and kill."
[Lazarus] 1:08 pm: Killian winces. "It does seem that things have been out of sorts with the Fleet ever since that horrible Miranda broadcast."
[Gabel] 1:08 pm: Tom foolery if you ask me
[Gabel] 1:09 pm: People should be focusing on the gorram crazies not eachother.
[] 1:09 pm: "The way I see it, the browncoats are just as idiotic."
[->Lazarus] 1:09 pm: Forgot to ask... who are the passengers?
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: Rot King has left at 1:09 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: "THis state of affairs was never what the Alliance intended. Unification was supposed to solve all these problems."
[starjunky] 1:10 pm: (how do you get PM windows back after minimizing them?)
[] 1:10 pm: Theres the thing next to your name
[] 1:10 pm: (Left click on the bubble to the right of the name.)
[Gabel] 1:10 pm: People have rebelled before not just durin the gorram war but throughout history it aint nutin new people get stomped on enough they bite back eventually *sighs* To think i had enough of one war *shakes his head*
[] 1:10 pm: at the right
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: RazzyBlades has left at 1:10 pm+
[] 1:11 pm: "It's an excuse, the people who want power use that to get the people on their side."
[] 1:12 pm: "Lets just let the idiots fight together, It cant get worse than it is during war."
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: has left at 1:12 pm+
[monster87] 1:12 pm: (on the right side behind their names alex)
[->Lazarus] 1:13 pm: Or rather, all guys?
[Gabel] 1:13 pm: Politics *shrugs* Get in the way of everything even when all your tryin ter do is the right thing.
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: "I suppose you are right. It is just so upsetting to discover that the promise of a unified 'verse did not bring a unified people. I guess it was too much to ask."
[Lazarus->] 1:13 pm: no joy, all dudes
[->Lazarus] 1:14 pm: For shame.
[Gabel] 1:14 pm: I guess people just dun like being told how to live their lives Killian it was like that durin the first war and people never change much.
[->Lazarus] 1:14 pm: So for 14 days, nothing but the messed up looking girl, and the little dirty, smelly girl.
[->Lazarus] 1:14 pm: Rough life.
[->Lazarus] 1:15 pm: OH, there's communications and such on the ship in travel, right?
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:15 pm: Btw im gonna send my contact a wave about how we might have pissed off the wrong people and if he cant somehow give me a hand in disuising our being there at least in official records.
[] 1:15 pm: *Finishes his drink* "Well I guess you held your promise captain."
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:15 pm: disguising*
[->Lazarus] 1:16 pm: I was wondering if I could use some Streetwise to dig up a job for the ship at the next location since I don't have any money right now to pay my rental of a shuttle. Lol
[Lazarus->] 1:16 pm: boomer cleaned up right nicely
[Gabel] 1:16 pm: I dont have a habit of breakin em if thats what yer mean Zack
[->Lazarus] 1:16 pm: And I remember how Inara used a video chatting thing while in the ship to choose clients.
[] 1:16 pm: "If we meet reavers again though, 1 bottle aint gonna cut it anymore."
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:16 pm: ok, that will cost 3 plot points to have your arrival be 'off the books'
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:16 pm: Spend em
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:16 pm: kk
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:17 pm: means im down to 8
[Lazarus->] 1:17 pm: you can indeed send waves and atempt to look for cargo
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:17 pm: k
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:18 pm: I think our little RP session is over if you want to move us along
[] 1:18 pm: "No.. No im sure you would get me my whiskey even if the only known bottle was in middle of reaver space."
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: One of the other passengers speaks up "Reavers, you mean they are real?"
[Gabel] 1:18 pm: Heck Zack if it was a mighty fine bottle of whiskey
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: Seems a bookish sort
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:18 pm: ok
[Gabel] 1:19 pm: Heck the ammount of times ive almost been eaten by the gorram reavers you can be sure they are real
[] 1:19 pm: "You wanna go for a trip in the infirmary? Theres a real good sample there."
[Gabel] 1:19 pm: Ill take you up on that offer some other time Zack *chuckles*
[Lazarus] 1:20 pm: "Amazing. My reserach into aboriginal peoples has taken be across the entire 'Verse and no one of any reputability has ever believed to have encountered them directly."
[] 1:20 pm: "Right."
[Gabel] 1:21 pm: Heck we even saved an ex-reaver
[] 1:21 pm: "Thats because these reputable people dont hold off very good against reavers."
[] 1:21 pm: "If you'll excuse me. Politics aren't really my cup of tea." James excused himself with a tip of the brim of his hat. As he stood, there was ever so slight of a waver from the alcohol on the planet and now on the ship. He'd begin making his way off to find one of the shuttles to situate himself in.
[Lazarus] 1:21 pm: "Preposterous!" Another of the pasengers states. "A reaver, is a reaver, is a reaver."
[Gabel] 1:21 pm: Hey now Zack i take offence to that notion im a very reputable person if i say so myself.
[Gabel] 1:21 pm: Reaver's are just men who went insane insane can be fixed.
[Gabel] 1:22 pm: Apparently.
[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: "Not according to the Miranda Broadcast. Gorram Feds made 'em"
[] 1:22 pm: "No offence Zack, but as a person who went through the academy, you're not the type that appeals to academic people."
[->Lazarus] 1:23 pm: Alright, so you want me to rock a Streetwise now that I hae removed myself and went to go where I can do that?
[->Lazarus] 1:23 pm: I figured I will try to get it done before the session ends.
[Gabel] 1:23 pm: Zeenix who you talking to ?
[Lazarus->] 1:23 pm: you are a long way from beaumonde, no two way possible
[] 1:23 pm: "With that said, you're gonna have a hard time telling anyone near the core about reavers."
[->Lazarus] 1:23 pm: Ah, not even back and forth messages?
[] 1:23 pm: (Sorry i meant you)
[] 1:23 pm: ( you can see im tired.)
[->Lazarus] 1:23 pm: As in, not live.
[] 1:24 pm: (obviously meant captain
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:24 pm: you know what's happening with star? I thought he'd PM something about what Ace and Boomer will do next :P Depends mainly on him
[Gabel] 1:24 pm: Pfft I had enough of academic people back on Londonium.
[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: Killian speaks up. "No so sure about that last part. There are many people in an uproar about the "Reaver" Question."
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:24 pm: hasn't spoken to me, didn't see anything in PM
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:25 pm: er the main room
[Gabel] 1:25 pm: People who think they know better without even being in any situations outside their little boxes.
[Lazarus->] 1:25 pm: no, way too far for that
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:25 pm: hmm I guess wife aggro or something lol
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:25 pm: or he can't reopen my minimized chat window
[->Lazarus] 1:25 pm: Alright, just give me the word once this progresses.
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:25 pm: most likely
[Lazarus->] 1:25 pm: kk
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: The party begins to break up with the crew and passengers going their separate ways
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:26 pm: well we'll figure out sometime if Boomer and Ace just went one step further :P let's get on with the story
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:27 pm: Just making sure Alex and boomer made out? Not slept together?
[starjunky] 1:27 pm: (afk a bit, wife needs help with groceries
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: The Fire Angel, blissfully ignorant of the turmoil aboard her. sailed on through the Black.
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:28 pm: that depends on Ace, Boomer is a bit tipsy and well.. he's nice and it's been a long space trip :P who knows
[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: I do believe this is a good place to stop. I am however appalled at the lack of a cliffhanger
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:29 pm: but even if that happends I recon Boomer'll just see it as a one-timer or at least not want anything close to a relationship
[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: I am losing my touch
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:29 pm: just a bit of fun
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:29 pm: while drunk
[] 1:29 pm: I feel violated. No cliffhanger?
[Gabel] 1:29 pm: Not having one every session feels better then having one every time :p
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:29 pm: I'm sure alex would go for wahtever boomer dishes
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: I know Z, I'll do penance during the week
[Gabel] 1:30 pm: If you have one for every session we will expect em to come right around the corner you let us lose for a bit then scare the crap out of us with another one down the road.
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:30 pm: :P haha. Well unless he objects we'll keep it with a one-night stand from a pretty drunk celebrary mood - and that alex finds himself in an empty bed in the morning
[] 1:30 pm: Now I will be in a PnP mindset for the whole week, cause you didnt end it the way my mind is expects you to.
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:30 pm: boomer acting asif nothing happened in the morning, being her normal cheery self
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: I'm going to go with 5 XP today. You ended a chapter, made some friends, survived reavers, had some good RP and who know what is next
[Gabel] 1:31 pm: Im converting rest of my pp to exp
[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: Well Z, I can't become TOO predictable or the cliffhangers lose their impact
[monster87] 1:31 pm: me too, converting 3 pp to XP
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:31 pm: find with me
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:31 pm: that should leave me with 22 Exp
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:32 pm: you can send star a PM see what he says
[] 1:32 pm: Whoo, back up to 13xp.
[] 1:32 pm: I guess you have to draw the line somewhere
[] 1:32 pm: 10/10 is too much so lets stick with 9/10 right :D
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:32 pm: I've been trying the last 30 minutes :P but no reaction
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:32 pm: 22? I have you at 11
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 18]: Malk0lm has left at 1:32 pm+
[] 1:32 pm: nine cliffhangers out of ten sessions
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:32 pm: Thats incorrect
[monster87] 1:32 pm: Well nice session again Laz :)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:32 pm: I was on 15
[] 1:33 pm: Yeah, it was fun.
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:33 pm: didn't you buy something
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:33 pm: No
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:33 pm: I wasnt allowed
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: Glad you enjoyed it.
[] 1:33 pm: Lets hope the thrilling action doesnt start too soon.
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: Shame Jon dropped out, because the next session is going to be a complete change of pace
[] 1:33 pm: I liked the rp at the end.
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:34 pm: I asked you twice during the reaver sessions but you said no
[starjunky] 1:34 pm: back - I missed the Fade?
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:34 pm: he did just say something about helping his wife
[] 1:34 pm: We all died because you went AFK, Star.
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:34 pm: you can send him an email
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:34 pm: I pm'd him at least
[] 1:34 pm: was there even all caps fade to black this time?
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:34 pm: ok, I guess I'm dropping the ball, but I was a bit out of sorts last time
[monster87] 1:34 pm: check your PM star
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:34 pm: Yeah true
[monster87] 1:35 pm: or did you minimize my chat :P
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:35 pm: With converted PP last session + the exp it took me up to 15
[starjunky] 1:35 pm: yeah, minimized chat, still can't get pm windows back
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: Just for star; The Fire Angel, blissfully ignorant of the turmoil aboard her. sailed on through the Black.
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: FADE TO BLACK
[monster87] 1:35 pm: ill e-mail you star
[starjunky] 1:35 pm: heh, thx for the closure Laz
[starjunky] 1:36 pm: ok, I'll work on the window thing
[Gabel] 1:36 pm: Save the log
[Gabel] 1:36 pm: Laz
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: ok, please tell me your XP? I seem to be off somewhere
[] 1:36 pm: 13xp here.
[] 1:36 pm: Gabe you remember that everytime
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:36 pm: kk
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: aye log saved