Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 9:47 am+
[Lazarus] 9:47 am: Welcome to P&PG Chat.
[Lazarus] 9:48 am: I created room "Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17"
Welcome! You have entered [Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17] at 9:49 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: has left at 9:49 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: Gabel has entered at 9:49 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: has entered at 9:50 am+
[Gabel] 9:50 am: Heh had some problems entering had to reconnect :p
[Lazarus] 9:50 am: glad you made it
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: has entered at 9:50 am+
[Gabel] 9:51 am: Well id like to think ive always been on time not counting that one time i was not able to get the word out
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: has entered at 9:51 am+
[] 9:51 am: Ty
[Lazarus] 9:52 am: hello everyone. I did not send the reminder this Monday, but I did send out the map on Friday and hope the others will arrive in time
[Gabel] 9:52 am: Looks like were missing the two flying the ship
[Lazarus] 9:52 am: or at least today
[Gabel] 9:52 am: And our pilot
[Lazarus] 9:52 am: yes
[] 9:52 am: So guys! Ready to die or at least get maimed horribly.
[Gabel] 9:52 am: Still got another 8 minutes to go
[Lazarus] 9:52 am: true
[->Lazarus] 9:53 am: Did anything special happen to those who didn't use plot points last session?
[] 9:53 am: I wish i was a necromancer instead of a doctor
[Gabel] 9:53 am: Well im ready to jump to the left or the right and put one foot infront of the other in repeated sequence very quickly.
[Lazarus] 9:53 am: unusual not to see star, moster and Throol usually arrive late or right at game time
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: starjunky has entered at 9:53 am+
[Gabel] 9:53 am: Stars here
[Gabel] 9:53 am: Hey sj
[] 9:53 am: yeah
[] 9:53 am: hi star
[starjunky] 9:54 am: hey folks
[->Lazarus] 9:54 am: I remember reading something in the book about spare plot points, but not exactly the details.
[Lazarus->] 9:54 am: no, the standard pool is 6 and they reset
[] 9:54 am: Hey
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: has left at 9:54 am+
[->Lazarus] 9:54 am: So it's a use them or lose them sorta deal.
[Lazarus->] 9:54 am: excess of 6 can become XP
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: Throol has entered at 9:54 am+
[Lazarus] 9:54 am: here we go
[Lazarus] 9:54 am: all is right with the world now, just waiting on monster LOL
[Lazarus->] 9:55 am: excess of 12 ae lost
[Gabel] 9:55 am: I messaged him on skype
[Lazarus] 9:55 am: ok
[->Lazarus] 9:55 am: So in other words, right before the session ends, attempt the most ridiculous thing you can think of that would be awesome, and blow all six on it if you haven't gotten more than 6.
[->Lazarus] 9:55 am: Gotcha.
[Lazarus->] 9:56 am: depends on the situation, but I don't know if that is necessarily the best course of action
[->Lazarus] 9:56 am: Lol
[Lazarus] 9:58 am: Serenity From the Ashes: Session 17. Sweet Merciful Buddha, that's a lot of Reavers! GM - Lazarus. Players: Gabel, Throol, starjunky, redwolffclaw, TheMagicalMick, and Zeenix with monster87 MIA for now
[Gabel->Lazarus] 9:58 am: I was thinking long and hard about how to get us out of this situation i was wondering if i could use the rest of my plot points to change the situation somehow and have a Crazy old coot miner called Bill Taggart or something start throwing dynamite at the main mob to create enough confusion for us to start runnin
[Throol] 9:59 am: Really? I was hoping it would be Session 17: Thank God It Was Only A Dream
[Lazarus] 9:59 am: RECAP: The crew learned of the impending rebellion by a group of former Browncoats, now calling themselves the Neo-Browncoats, ready to sweep the Georgia system
[Lazarus] 10:00 am: (You can also click your ruby slippers three times and say 'There's no place like home' too Throol :-)
[] 10:00 am: Session 17: The group discovers a virus that instantly kills only reavers.
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:00 am: As hes crept up top one of the houses near the main mob of reavers are passing
[Lazarus] 10:01 am: hmmm considering it was science that created reavers in the first place, you sure you want to go down that road?
[Gabel] 10:01 am: I use my steel eyed stare to intimidate the lead reaver causing him to yellow up and run away!
[Gabel] 10:01 am: At least thats once less
[Gabel] 10:01 am: Right ?
[Gabel] 10:01 am: :P
[Lazarus] 10:01 am: He loks even hungier
[Lazarus] 10:01 am: mmmmmm angry food
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:01 am: Oh ye of little faith
[Throol] 10:02 am: Well, there's always the Viking way - "On to Valhalla!"
[] 10:02 am: I have an IDEA!
[] 10:02 am: How about we all kill ourselves. That way they will leave us alone!
[Lazarus] 10:02 am: The crew was contracted to make the short hope from Whitefall to Orzmud to drop off a couple of the Neos
[] 10:02 am: Lets give them the pretty one
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:02 am: Well tbh laz i only started the last stand type of thing because of the typo when you said there was around 1000 people in the town
[] 10:03 am: (go dandy!)
[] 10:03 am: (Great, that wont be me then)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:03 am: And that there was 2 dozen reavers infront of us but the numbers where way higher then what you said on their side and way lower on our side :P
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: Just as the ship landed, the main waste reclaimation pump failed and forced everyone off the ship
[] 10:04 am: (I don't think I like Zeenix's idea. How about we just run down the narrow alley where only the slowest will be caught?
[] 10:04 am: )*
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:04 am: let me finish the recap and all answers will be made and all fears allayed
[Gabel->Lazarus] 10:05 am: Go ahead sorry for disturbing
[] 10:05 am: ( I have to agree with mick, fighting is dangerous.)
[Lazarus] 10:05 am: While investigating the local bar, a near confrontation between some dandified gambler and some locals was broken up by a piercing shreak of the word Reavers
[Lazarus->Gabel] 10:05 am: no prob
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: Running outside, the crew of the Fire Angel spotted three reaver ships dropping dozens of reaver raiders
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: Boomer and Ian managed to get the ship moving, but were under hot pursuit by one reaver ship and two shuttles
[Lazarus] 10:08 am: The locals of the town of Opportunity managed to set up a hasty defensive line under John's leadership, but the dozen or so defenders soon spotted two shuttles dropping in behind them to disgorge more than a dozen more reavers behind them
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: Lillith has left at 10:08 am+
[Lazarus] 10:08 am: less than 20 defenders found themselves beset by five or six times their numbers and under attack from two directions
[] 10:09 am: (maybe we should concentrate on killing the reavers behind us rather than the hoard in front of us that way we have a bigger escape route.
[Throol] 10:09 am: I know, let's shoot a big circle in the ground, so we can fall through and escape and the Lycans won't get us
[Lazarus] 10:09 am: The reavers to the rear are 25 yards away, the ones in front about 35
[] 10:10 am: (This whole 1,000 townsfolk turning into 100 really hurts... Haha)
[Throol] 10:11 am: ***Death*****
[Throol] 10:11 am: Us
[Lazarus] 10:11 am: because the sheer size of the combat, I'm just going to give you all initiative for now. So you all can take actions,however, as my email suggested, remember to save something for defense
[Throol] 10:11 am: *****Death*****
[Throol] 10:11 am: I say we run to the side
[] 10:11 am: (But yeah, I really only see running away to the left or right being effective.)
[] 10:12 am: (Atleast we wont be getting hit from both sides that way)
[->Lazarus] 10:12 am: Boooo, you're still sticking with this three action limit thing?
[->Lazarus] 10:12 am: Even though it's BSG?
[] 10:12 am: (And if the alley is narrow the reavers may slow down a bit.)
[] 10:12 am: (Can you do full defense while running your ass off?)
[] 10:12 am: (no)
[] 10:13 am: (moving is an action )
[Lazarus->] 10:13 am: you can NOT fire more than three shots in three seconds, you know this
[Lazarus] 10:14 am: moving is indeed an action
[->Lazarus] 10:14 am: Yes, but why not fire three shots, and be able to dodge a sword?
[Lazarus->] 10:14 am: try it one day, let me know how it goes
[] 10:14 am: (And running is 2)
[Gabel] 10:14 am: Im going to yell out to the townsfolk: If you all have any cavesystems around here or any hideyholes i suggest you start thinking quick and hard and start falling back because if we stay in this position we all gonna be Wong Dahn! Use the buildings for cover we got reavers on both sides we cant afford to stay out in the open!
[Throol] 10:14 am: "Whoa, I just bumped this panel, and out slid a loaded mounted chain gun with more ammo than I could use in a year!" (6 plot points)
[->Lazarus] 10:14 am: I wouldn't imagine it's too hard, simply move while shooting.
[Lazarus->] 10:15 am: you can move and shoot, you just won't be hitting much
[->Lazarus] 10:15 am: And I thought you told me it was 6 seconds.
[Lazarus] 10:15 am: (Nice try Throol, certainly creative)
[Lazarus->] 10:15 am: combat turn is 3 seconds.
[Throol] 10:16 am: (I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather not bother with hours of a futile battle. Anyone else vote to just make our new characters now, and have something fun today?)
[Lazarus->] 10:16 am: it's on page 150
[Lazarus] 10:16 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10)
[Lazarus] 10:16 am:

-> 1d10 (7)


[] 10:16 am: (We dont need to fight or die.)
[->Lazarus] 10:16 am: OH!
[->Lazarus] 10:17 am: It says we CAN add defensive actions afterwards.. it just counts against our NEXT combat turn.
[->Lazarus] 10:17 am: Reading = win!
[] 10:17 am: (Since there are 2 alleyways we could split up and run into 2 different directions)
[Lazarus->] 10:17 am: Not under the BSG rules, it is impossible to track the original way, that's why they changed it
[Lazarus->] 10:17 am: trust me I tried to keep the original rules
[->Lazarus] 10:17 am: Well jesus, which rules are we using? Because I only have the Serenity rules.
[->Lazarus] 10:18 am: And this 50/50 split is killing me.
[Lazarus] 10:18 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 10:18 am:

-> 1d6 (5)


[Lazarus] 10:18 am: Based on John's warning to run, 7 of the 12 citizens bolt to the east alley
[->Lazarus] 10:18 am: Lol
[] 10:18 am: I follow.
[Lazarus] 10:18 am: leaving just 10 of you
[] 10:18 am: (What do I have to roll for that?
[Throol] 10:18 am: (we're outnumbered, with no escape, they have advantage in numbers, weapons, and armed ships.)
[Gabel] 10:18 am: We should bolt the other direction
[Lazarus->] 10:19 am: 3 actions, penalties for 2nd and 3rd
[Lazarus] 10:19 am: To run? nothing red, you follow the others running to the east
[] 10:19 am: (yeah, lets head west)
[Lazarus] 10:20 am: of the 4 town folk, they all fire at the reavers
[] 10:20 am: "Well then Captain, lets head West then!" The Dandy looked like he was about to bolt one way or the other, depending on where the Captain went. There was no point in running away, only to have the only ship he could get off this rock on not be landing in his direction.
[Gabel] 10:20 am: The rest of you follow me the reavers will have to split up to find us!
[Lazarus] 10:20 am: starts rolling some dice: (d4)
[Lazarus] 10:20 am:

-> 1d4 (1)


[Gabel] 10:20 am: Starts running in the other direction
[Lazarus] 10:20 am: however, they are not soldiers and only one of the reavers behind you falls
[Lazarus] 10:20 am: As you start to run...
[] 10:20 am: " I'm all for running captain!"
[Lazarus] 10:21 am: roll alertness+ perception (Ian you have your penalty)
[Gabel] 10:21 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Gabel] 10:21 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (4) = 9


[starjunky] 10:21 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[starjunky] 10:21 am:

-> 2d6 (3,4 = 7)


[] 10:21 am: (where is ian? hes no longer on the ship?)
[Gabel] 10:21 am: Ian isnt he on the ship ?
[Lazarus] 10:21 am: Yes, never mind Ian
[] 10:22 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 10:22 am:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d6 (3) = 7


[Lazarus] 10:22 am: Mick and red
[] 10:22 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[] 10:22 am:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (6) = 14


[] 10:22 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[] 10:22 am:

-> 2d6 (5,5 = 10)


[] 10:22 am: (Winning!)
[Lazarus] 10:23 am: Despite the braying, gut wrenching howls of the reavers and the sporatic gunfire, you can hear a high pitched whine increasing in pitch coming from the north
[Lazarus] 10:24 am: you manage a quick glance that was as you try to reach the alleys to either side and you see a pair of small odd, flying monstrosities of pipes and fins
[starjunky] 10:25 am: ( steampunkers? lol )
[Gabel] 10:25 am: Deringers ?
[Lazarus] 10:25 am: you really don't have time to register what they are when you see something you do recognize detach from each little ship....missile!
[Lazarus] 10:26 am: The missiles catch the two landed shuttles completely be surprise and you are all buffeted by explosions
[Lazarus] 10:26 am: roll agility + atheltics, NOT dodge to stay on your feet
[Gabel] 10:26 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Gabel] 10:26 am:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d6 (4) = 11


[] 10:26 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d6)
[] 10:26 am:

-> 1d10 (2)+ 1d6 (2) = 4


[] 10:26 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 10:26 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (1) = 3


[starjunky] 10:27 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[starjunky] 10:27 am:

-> 1d10 (10)+ 1d6 (4) = 14


[Gabel] 10:27 am: I would say i totally do a backflip but not with that roll
[] 10:27 am: (fuck me)
[Gabel] 10:27 am: But its good for being ME :p
[] 10:27 am: (Less winning!)
[] 10:27 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[] 10:27 am:

-> 2d6 (2,1 = 3)


[] 10:27 am: great
[] 10:28 am: (what ever happened to Winning mick?)
[Gabel] 10:28 am: Charlie sheen stole it
[Lazarus] 10:28 am: The dandy, the woman, and Zack are all caught by the concussion and knocked to the ground
[Lazarus] 10:29 am: they are uninjured, but the reavers in the mainpack close half the distance to you and will reach you next round
[Gabel] 10:29 am: Can i help them up ?
[Lazarus] 10:30 am: the reavers that were behind you are suddenly too busy trying to avoid the thundering of chain guns as the two little fighter's let loose with long strings of automatic fire
[Lazarus] 10:30 am: you'd have to roll another alert+perception roll to even notice they fell
[Gabel] 10:30 am: Get up gorram it you havent got time to sleep now!
[Gabel] 10:30 am: okay
[Lazarus] 10:30 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)
[Lazarus] 10:30 am:

-> 2d6 (4,3 = 7)

-> 2d6 (2,5 = 7)


[Gabel] 10:30 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Gabel] 10:30 am:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (4) = 12


[Gabel] 10:30 am: Did i notice them ?
[Gabel] 10:31 am: If i did i help them up
[] 10:31 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[] 10:31 am:

-> 2d6 (5,4 = 9)


[Lazarus] 10:31 am: the two little fighters have to pull up and bank around for another pass
[Lazarus] 10:31 am: ok, john you see both the dandy and zack fall
[Lazarus] 10:32 am: roll agility+athletics (-1step)
[Gabel] 10:32 am: Me ?
[Lazarus] 10:32 am: yes
[Gabel] 10:32 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)
[Gabel] 10:32 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d4 (1) = 3


[Gabel] 10:32 am: plot point it
[Lazarus] 10:32 am: you turn, but do not reach either of them yet
[Gabel] 10:33 am: Can i plot point to reach them ?
[Lazarus] 10:33 am: you'd need to burn 4
[Gabel] 10:33 am: Well its kind of important they dont die
[Lazarus] 10:33 am: You can, but I'd recommend against it
[Lazarus] 10:33 am: they aren't dead yet
[Gabel] 10:33 am: And actualy is my leadership still active ?
[Lazarus] 10:33 am: new session, so no
[Gabel] 10:33 am: otherwise i would have a stronger roll
[Gabel] 10:33 am: Ah ok
[Lazarus] 10:34 am: besides, you used to defeat the reavers, not run from them
[Lazarus] 10:35 am: as the reavers close, the two little fighters draw the attention of the two reaver ships and the two top cover shuttles
[Gabel] 10:35 am: very true
[Lazarus] 10:35 am: and are now too busy trying to stay alive to help for now
[Gabel] 10:35 am: Btw can i used leadership to bray at them to get their arses up quickly (Get them to come to their senses)
[Lazarus] 10:35 am: on the Fire Angel...
[Gabel] 10:36 am: (Not the trait just the skill)
[Lazarus] 10:36 am: Ian has reached the bridge, and poor little Boomer is just too overwhelmed to respond
[Lazarus] 10:36 am: next round on the braying
[Throol] 10:37 am: I was already to the bridge, and heading to the exit to provide cover fire
[Lazarus] 10:37 am: Ok, you feel something is wrong and return to the bridge
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: since monster isn't here someone has to fly
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: Ian, roll ship's agility and your piloting skill, that is 2d4, you are welcome to useplot points as the ship and the two shuttles and the ship pursung you lineup to fire
[starjunky] 10:38 am: ( a Pc on the ship, I assume?
[Gabel] 10:38 am: Rein went offline on skype so dont know if he saw my message or not he might be having connection problems i know his Inet has acted up when we played before the serenity game.
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 10:38 am:

-> 2d6 (5,5 = 10)


[Throol] 10:39 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d4)
[Throol] 10:39 am:

-> 2d4 (2,2 = 4)


[Lazarus] 10:39 am: bummer that he's having trouble
[Gabel] 10:39 am: Cant you just use boomers piloting skills as an npc ? :P
[Gabel] 10:39 am: Oh hey SJ ive been meaning to ask you
[Lazarus] 10:40 am: I could, but do you want me to roll or have a PC rolling?
[Gabel] 10:40 am: (Took it into pm)
[Gabel] 10:40 am: Does it matter who rolls ? same skills anyway right although im pretty sure the dice on this chatroom hates me
[Lazarus] 10:41 am: ok, I'll roll for boomer and ian can continue to try to do whatever it was he was going to do
[Lazarus] 10:41 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 10:41 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d4 (3) = 8


[Lazarus] 10:41 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;d8+d6)
[Lazarus] 10:41 am:

-> 2d6 (6,6 = 12)

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (5) = 11


[Lazarus] 10:41 am: good bloody thing she has things go smooth
[Lazarus] 10:42 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 10:42 am:

-> 2d6 (3,4 = 7) + 1d4 (2) = 9


[Lazarus] 10:42 am: last roll or things get ugly
[Lazarus] 10:42 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 10:42 am:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d6 (6)+ 1d4 (1) = 14


[Lazarus] 10:43 am: More by blind luck than by skill, Boomer somehow manages to avoid the incoming fire, but she knows in her gut she's just about out of luck for the moment
[Gabel] 10:44 am: *Sheds a tear for his ship*
[Lazarus] 10:44 am: As John tries to reach his two fallen comrades, some of the reavers actually bother to fire
[Lazarus] 10:45 am: starts rolling some dice: (12d8)
[Lazarus] 10:45 am:

-> 12d8 (6,5,7,4,2,5,4,5,2,3,4,3 = 50)


[Lazarus] 10:45 am: starts rolling some dice: (4d6)
[Lazarus] 10:45 am:

-> 4d6 (5,3,1,6 = 15)


[Lazarus] 10:46 am: everyone on the ground roll agility+dodge (-1 step, john is at -2) Plot points might be helpful unless you are feeling lucky
[Gabel] 10:47 am: Okay im unsure as to where i am
[starjunky] 10:47 am: 2 pp for me
[Gabel] 10:47 am: I thought i was in the alley and trying to get back to where they fell down
[starjunky] 10:47 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d4)
[starjunky] 10:47 am:

-> 1d10 (6)+ 1d4 (4) = 10


[Lazarus] 10:47 am: it really doesn't mater
[Lazarus] 10:47 am: you ran back into the open to try and help those who fell
[] 10:47 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d10)
[] 10:47 am:

-> 2d10 (5,10 = 15)


[] 10:47 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+2d8)
[] 10:47 am:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 2d8 (1,5 = 6) = 8


[] 10:47 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 10:47 am:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (2) = 8


[] 10:48 am: (Wait, shit.. you said -1 step.)
[] 10:48 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d8)
[] 10:48 am:

-> 1d10 (9)+ 1d8 (1) = 10


[Gabel] 10:48 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d2+1d8)
[Gabel] 10:48 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d2 (2)+ 1d8 (8) = 12


[] 10:48 am: I used 1pp to negate the -1
[Gabel] 10:48 am: thats 4 plot points
[Lazarus] 10:48 am: all of the crew avoid the crudely aimed shots
[Gabel] 10:49 am: wait we can use plotpoints to negate the - ?
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: monster87 has entered at 10:49 am+
[monster87] 10:49 am: hi
[Gabel] 10:49 am: i coulda just used 2 then :p
[monster87] 10:49 am: better late than never
[Gabel] 10:49 am: Hey booms
[Lazarus] 10:49 am: but three of the town folk are not so lucky
[Lazarus] 10:49 am: starts rolling some dice: (3d6)
[Lazarus] 10:49 am:

-> 3d6 (5,6,6 = 17)


[] 10:49 am: I am not one of the unlucky townsfolk am i?
[] 10:49 am: Well gabe, isint it just a minus 1 dice step? And If i use 1 i get plus 1 dice step right?
[] 10:50 am: (Or did i remember wrong?)
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: all three are hit by multiple little darts that cause them to stagger and then stumble to the ground
[Gabel] 10:50 am: True but i was unaware that i could remove the - from the actual dice
[Lazarus] 10:51 am: reading back, no the use of plot point does not negate action penalties
[Lazarus] 10:51 am: however, we'll just say you used a plot point and rolled an 8
[] 10:51 am: (aight, but isnt it worse to roll d8 than to roll d6 and a d2?)
[Lazarus] 10:52 am: do you really want to risk the reroll?
[] 10:52 am: no i was just asking
[Lazarus] 10:52 am: the strafing attack only left 6 reavers that were behind you and because they were dodging, they did not close
[] 10:52 am: each plot point is worth one step right?
[Lazarus] 10:53 am: a plot point is worth one type type
[Lazarus] 10:53 am: 1=d2, 2=d4 etc
[] 10:53 am: What i though
[Lazarus] 10:53 am: the main pack however has closed half the distance to the three that fell
[] 10:53 am: I get up and continue to RUN
[] 10:53 am: (Hold up.. you mean another half of the distance?)
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: fenixphire has left at 10:53 am+
[Lazarus] 10:54 am: plot points add an extra die, not increase the type of die rolled
[] 10:54 am: (Because if they closed half the distance twice before we got a turn... that seems a bit shitty, haha.)
[Lazarus] 10:54 am: they closed form roughly 30 to 15 yards
[Lazarus] 10:54 am: they weill be on you in a turn
[Lazarus] 10:54 am: PLEASE turn me on this, you are confusing me
[Lazarus] 10:54 am: trust*
[] 10:55 am: *ahh
[Lazarus] 10:55 am: there are in excess of 100 NPC on the ground right now
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:55 am: can you send me private message when I need to do something.. since I think this'll take a while I'll be watching a movie with my gf on my other screen ;)
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:55 am: you just had to use up all your luck to avoid reaver fire
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:55 am: no one would roll in your place
[] 10:55 am: Well, James never once claimed he could stand up to physical force with physical force. Infact, under the fine clothing, his 6'1 frame was very lean, and not in the muscled way, either. He scrambled to his feet as quickly as he could, left hand still grasping his revolver that still held five rounds in it, right swooping down instantly to pick up his now-dirty hat, his hair having fallen down around his face a little without the hat holding it swept back. Without bothering to brush himself off
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:55 am: ok
[] 10:56 am: or readjust his clothing, he simply just continued running away.
[Lazarus] 10:56 am: take a plot point for the use of complications Mick
[Lazarus] 10:56 am: now, to get up and get moving ahead of the reaver pack for those who fell...
[Gabel] 10:57 am: Get up gorram it i aint seeing any of you die on my watch! GET UP NOW! (John's yelling at the people who are down on the ground in shock or whatnot)
[Lazarus] 10:57 am: John is onhis feet, so all he needs to stay ahead of the reavers is an agility + athletics of 7
[Lazarus] 10:57 am: for the three of you on the ground... you need to roll the same skill but you need an 11
[Lazarus] 10:58 am: you do NOT want to fail this roll
[Gabel] 10:58 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Gabel] 10:58 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (4) = 6


[Gabel] 10:58 am: add a plot point
[Gabel] 10:58 am: so thats over with
[Lazarus] 10:58 am: kk
[] 10:58 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[] 10:58 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (1) = 3


[Gabel] 10:58 am: Btw if i cant use leadership for anything to help them i wont do it
[Lazarus] 10:59 am: I would advise plot point for those on the ground
[Gabel] 10:59 am: i just thought it could be used somehow
[] 10:59 am: 3 plotpoints is d6?
[] 10:59 am: (Holy shit.. apparently I will use 4 plot points.)
[Lazarus] 10:59 am: so, mick if you want to reroll go ahead
[Lazarus] 10:59 am: yes Z
[] 10:59 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6+d6)
[] 10:59 am:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d6 (4)+ 1d6 (5) = 12


[] 10:59 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6+1d4)
[] 10:59 am:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d6 (5)+ 1d4 (2) = 11


[Lazarus] 10:59 am: red?
[] 10:59 am: that many points, and yet still so close
[] 10:59 am: (Ah, there we go.)
[] 10:59 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6+1d4)
[] 10:59 am:

-> 2d6 (1,4 = 5) + 1d4 (3) = 8


[] 10:59 am: I dont make it
[Gabel] 11:00 am: Plot pooooints
[Lazarus] 11:00 am: you can add in 3 more plot points
[] 11:00 am: I did use plot points. I only had two left
[Gabel] 11:00 am: Isnt it only 2 ?
[Gabel] 11:00 am: or does it only add 1
[Lazarus] 11:00 am: I guess I must have missed that
[] 11:00 am: (Hold up... I can rock an assisting action, right?)
[Lazarus] 11:00 am: I had you at full plot points, they reset
[] 11:00 am: (Since I am right next to her.)
[] 11:01 am: I used 4 on my last roll
[] 11:01 am: then 2 on this roll. I only had 6
[monster87] 11:01 am: (who was with me on the ship again?)
[Lazarus] 11:01 am: ian
[Lazarus] 11:02 am: ok, Zack and john manages to just barely stay ahead of the pack
[Lazarus] 11:02 am: reavers right at their backs
[Lazarus] 11:03 am: The dandy spots the women in trouble and makes a desperate attempt to save her
[Lazarus] 11:03 am: ok Mick here is the deal...
[Lazarus] 11:03 am: You are safe, however...
[Lazarus] 11:03 am: if you make this roll agility+athletics at 11, you can save the woman
[Lazarus] 11:04 am: you are taking a second action so your skill is -1 step
[Lazarus] 11:04 am: you do however have 5 plot points
[Gabel] 11:04 am: Laz is there no way my leadership could help ?
[] 11:04 am: If I die I am gonna take a gorram plenty of them with me
[Lazarus] 11:04 am: that is worth a d10 that can not roll less than 5
[Lazarus] 11:05 am: not enough time John, this is Mick's time to shine
[Lazarus] 11:05 am: Fail the roll, and the Reavers will take both of you
[Gabel] 11:06 am: Just asking as i feel red dying on the second session would leave an unsavory taste in my mouth
[Lazarus] 11:06 am: I agree gabel
[Lazarus] 11:06 am: it will be same for mick as well
[] 11:06 am: If you wanna leave me it is ok.
[] 11:07 am: James, never one to NOT show off his skills at anything and everything, couldn't help but at least give a brief effort to help her up. Hell, worst case scenario, he couldn't help her and he still ran off while she bought him time. But if he DID save her, there was no way he'd let her live it down. It'd make one hell of a fine story to tell to anyone he came upon to impress. What woman didn't love a hero? With a seamless move, he reached out with his hand, trying to yank her up as well.
[] 11:07 am: (I had a back up plan anyway)
[Lazarus->] 11:07 am: you thinking
[] 11:07 am: (He cant, hes a womanizer.)
[] 11:07 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4+1d10)
[] 11:07 am:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d4 (4)+ 1d10 (8) = 16


[] 11:07 am: WOOT
[] 11:08 am: (Aw man, I was hoping for an 18. Haha)
[Lazarus] 11:08 am: Like some sort of Hero from the Legends of Earth-That-Was, the Dany scoops up the woman and pulls her to safety at the last possible second
[Lazarus] 11:08 am: A story worthy of song, that is if they just stay ahead of the Reaves that are chasing them
[->Lazarus] 11:08 am: Sorry, had to type up some flavor. Too good of an opportunity to think about how good it'd make me look.
[->Lazarus] 11:09 am: Lol
[] 11:09 am: (Oh great. I thought this might be a game where I didn't have to automatically fall in love with one of the PCs. lol)
[Lazarus] 11:09 am: +4 plot point to Mick for risking his life
[] 11:09 am: (*Flex*)
[Lazarus] 11:10 am: The horror of the screaming reavers is even worse than the fight on the ship
[Lazarus] 11:10 am: there are so many and they are so loud
[Lazarus] 11:11 am: they are so CLOSE
[Lazarus] 11:11 am: not even John who has experienced war at it's worse has ever been more scared
[Lazarus] 11:11 am: However..
[Lazarus] 11:11 am: On the fire angel...
[Lazarus] 11:12 am: The two shuttles and the big Trans-U pursuing are trying to box in the angel
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:12 am: Time to roll
[Gabel] 11:13 am: Bah running for my life has become like a second job tis nothing !
[->Lazarus] 11:13 am: Wasn't much thinking to be done either.. a mixture of wanting to look good, plus having a heroic story for women in the next port, plus my Overconfident drawback would never let me not try that. Hah
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:13 am: roll what?
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:13 am: piloting and d4 for ship, you are however down to just 2 plot points
[Lazarus->] 11:13 am: it was cool nonetheless
[Lazarus] 11:14 am: Ian, are you on the bridge?
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:14 am: ahh last time I forgot to add skills, can I still add piloting to d8 :)? Since I was again piloting
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:14 am: i have 9 AP, so that'll leave me with 1 if you;'ll allow it a bit late
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:14 am: I'll allow it as you did not spend them last session
[Throol] 11:15 am: I don't know
[Lazarus] 11:15 am: where do you want to be?
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: Skurj has left at 11:15 am+
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:15 am: great ill roll d8+d4 then and save the pp for saving our ass when possible
[monster87] 11:15 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)
[monster87] 11:15 am:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d4 (4) = 7


[Throol] 11:15 am: On a well-armed ship.
[Lazarus] 11:16 am: considering that will never be an option
[Lazarus] 11:16 am: bridge or no?
[Throol] 11:16 am: exit
[Lazarus] 11:17 am: ok
[Lazarus] 11:17 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d4;d10+d4;d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 11:17 am:

-> 1d10 (9)+ 1d4 (4) = 13

-> 1d10 (6)+ 1d4 (2) = 8

-> 1d6 (4)+ 1d4 (1) = 5


[monster87] 11:18 am: im guessing we're pretty much screwed
[Lazarus] 11:18 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d8;d10+d8)
[Lazarus] 11:18 am:

-> 1d10 (7)+ 1d8 (7) = 14

-> 1d10 (10)+ 1d8 (4) = 14


[Throol] 11:19 am: Yep.
[] 11:19 am: (And suddenly, for once, I feel safer on the ground.)
[Lazarus] 11:19 am: Boomer's blood turns to ice as she sees the two shuttles about to fire and no where to go, she thinks about her parents and how she'd have liked to have said god bye
[] 11:20 am: god bye? That is a peculiar farewell. What plannet is she from? ;)
[monster87] 11:20 am: (just for getting to know my character you should turn parents into 'father')
[Lazarus] 11:20 am: however, the two little flying piles of gos se fire first and the two shuttles are caught by surprise and both stagger
[Lazarus] 11:21 am: and spiral out of control
[Lazarus] 11:21 am: to become burning lawn darts in the country side
[Lazarus] 11:21 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d4;d10+d4)
[Lazarus] 11:21 am:

-> 1d10 (2)+ 1d4 (2) = 4

-> 1d10 (2)+ 1d4 (3) = 5


[monster87] 11:21 am: (over comms) "OMG I thought we were finished!! Phew!!"
[Lazarus] 11:21 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4;d8+d4)
[Lazarus] 11:21 am:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d4 (3) = 7

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d4 (3) = 10


[Lazarus] 11:22 am: But by saving the Angel, the last two shuttles get in decisive hits on the little fighters
[Lazarus] 11:22 am: one pilot parachutes out of the crippled fighter
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: the second is less damaged and attempts a landing
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d2)
[Lazarus] 11:23 am:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d2 (1) = 7


[Lazarus] 11:23 am: coming down hoard some 200 yardsahead of the crew on the ground are running
[Lazarus] 11:24 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 11:24 am:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d4 (3) = 5


[Lazarus] 11:24 am: the man in the parachute is going to land in the open field
[Lazarus] 11:25 am: If the Fire Angel is going to break contact to have time to mount the gremlin, now would be the time
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:25 am: roll the piloting again, if you win, you slip away
[Lazarus] 11:25 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Lazarus] 11:25 am:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d6 (4) = 5


[monster87->Lazarus] 11:25 am: and go unnoticeD? then i'll use the 2 pp
[monster87] 11:26 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4+1d4)
[monster87] 11:26 am:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d4 (3)+ 1d4 (2) = 6


[monster87->Lazarus] 11:26 am: god..
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:26 am: you'll manage to get to cover, good use of plot points
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:26 am: can i still reroll once?
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:26 am: ow ok
[Lazarus] 11:27 am: The large Trans-U is momentarily distracted and Boomer takes full advanage to slip away and break contac
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: DM Nexus has left at 11:27 am+
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:27 am: all you had to beat was a 5, but I used up your rerolls already, you are running without a safety net
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:27 am: xD yeah and now without pp.. im not getting any back for slipping away am I :P?
[Lazarus] 11:27 am: Boomer gets 2 plot points for completing a critical task
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:28 am: :) yeah
[Lazarus] 11:28 am: Meanwhile on the ground...
[monster87] 11:28 am: "Now stay silent Ian and let's figure out what to do next.."
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:28 am: ok msg me again when we are again
[starjunky] 11:29 am: ( yay Boomer! )
[Lazarus] 11:29 am: As the crew flees, just step ahead of the reaver pack, a quick glance over their should shows that the pack is much smaller, having disbursed to rip through the little town of Opportunity
[Lazarus] 11:30 am: The screams they can hear are unmentionable and will be indelibly burned into their memories
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:30 am: you will need to roll int+mech eng, not repairs to get the weapon mounted
[Lazarus] 11:31 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 11:31 am:

-> 1d6 (6)


[monster87] 11:31 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6)
[monster87] 11:31 am:

-> 1d12 (11)+ 1d6 (2) = 13


[monster87->Lazarus] 11:31 am: 13
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:31 am: kk
[Lazarus] 11:31 am: everyone on the ground can roll alert+perception
[Gabel] 11:31 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Gabel] 11:31 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (5) = 7


[] 11:31 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 11:31 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (3) = 8


[] 11:32 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[] 11:32 am:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (1) = 9


[] 11:32 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[] 11:32 am:

-> 2d6 (1,1 = 2)


[] 11:32 am: (shit.. substract 2 from my roll)
[] 11:32 am: GOD...
[Gabel] 11:32 am: wow
[] 11:32 am: (nice roll...)
[] 11:32 am: gorram dirt in my eyes.
[Lazarus] 11:32 am: why two Z?
[] 11:33 am: (my roll is actually d6+d6)
[Lazarus] 11:33 am: ah
[starjunky] 11:33 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[starjunky] 11:33 am:

-> 2d6 (2,3 = 5)


[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:33 am: You can see the guy in the parachute will land among the Reavers
[Lazarus->] 11:33 am: You can see the guy in the parachute will land among the Reavers
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:33 am: Oh thats just wrong in so many ways
[->Lazarus] 11:34 am: Among how many?
[->Lazarus] 11:34 am: Roughly
[Lazarus] 11:34 am: Hyper focused on not falling again, the woman is oblivious to anything but the patch of dirt in front of her
[Lazarus] 11:34 am: if you were going to fumble a roll, that was the one to do it one
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:35 am: I rolled a d6 with 1-3 being safe. I rolled a 6
[Lazarus] 11:35 am: starts rolling some dice: (3d6)
[Lazarus] 11:35 am:

-> 3d6 (5,6,6 = 17)


[starjunky] 11:35 am: (brb, quick lunch brk with wife.. )
[Lazarus->] 11:35 am: you figure there are more than a dozen behind you
[Lazarus] 11:35 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 11:35 am:

-> 2d6 (2,2 = 4)


[Lazarus->] 11:36 am: it's hard to see past that
[] 11:36 am: (Im gonna go to take some food, gimme 5 minutes.)
[->Lazarus] 11:36 am: Ah.. hmmm.
[Lazarus] 11:36 am: kk
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:36 am: Wait he Will land ? there any way to get the reavers away from that location ?
[Lazarus] 11:36 am: figure Alex and Zack are too busy running to notice and or care
[Throol] 11:36 am: This is getting way too dark for me. Is this what we can expect going forward?
[Lazarus] 11:37 am: Not always
[Gabel] 11:37 am: Dark ? i never thought the verse was filled with rainbows and puppies :P
[Lazarus] 11:37 am: However, a rebellion is about break out, so that's not going to be sunshine and rainbows
[] 11:38 am: "So 'Captain', you see where he's going to land, right?" The Dandy motioned his head back to the Reavers behind them. The parachuting man was going to touch down right in the middle of the group that was trailing them. It could be good if they were fine leaving him behind. At the very least, it'd give them less persuers.
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: Xhaosdaemon has left at 11:38 am+
[] 11:38 am: (The Verse isn't a good, happy, fun place.)
[Throol] 11:38 am: I might be leaving then. This is getting me so down I'm tempted to drink.
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:38 am: you can try to lead them off, but he only has limited control of where he lands
[Lazarus] 11:39 am: wow, I didn't see this as being dark, it is the setting
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: Lillith has left at 11:39 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: falinxelote has left at 11:39 am+
[Throol] 11:39 am: This isn't really dark? azarus] 12:29 pm: As the crew flees, just step ahead of the reaver pack, a quick glance over their should shows that the pack
is much smaller, having disbursed to rip through the little town of Opportunity
[Lazarus] 12:30 pm: The screams they can hear are unmentionable and will be indelibly burned into their memories
[General Chatter]: Lillith has entered at 12:30 pm
[Lazarus] 11:40 am: I do have other more light hearted things coming, but I can not make Serenity into Star Trek
[Throol] 11:40 am: Firefly never got me down. Full of humor, good friends, good times, lots of action
[Gabel] 11:41 am: What else would you expect from rage flesh eating cannibals
[] 11:41 am: (Except when they were getting shot by plane jackers, or attacked by Reavers, or defending whorehouses from possies intent on murdering, or discovered a ship full of reaver victims.)
[] 11:42 am: (So like... half the time.)
[Lazarus] 11:42 am: I'm not sure if I have an answer for you Throol.
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: victim666 has left at 11:42 am+
[Lazarus] 11:42 am: This is set after te movie
[Lazarus] 11:42 am: the mirandra broadcast would generate consequences
[Throol] 11:42 am: The dark times never lasted long, then it was back to humor and companionship
[Gabel] 11:43 am: I think laz discribes the situation in great detail sure but it gives you a feel of whats happening around you.
[] 11:43 am: (Well, seeing as how the in-game time we've spent on the Reaver attack actually amounts to like... what, 20 minutes? At most?)
[Gabel] 11:43 am: Exactly
[Lazarus] 11:43 am: I can give you some humorous situations, but I can not give you the same level of character interactions, that part is up to you guys
[Throol] 11:43 am: We've run into reavers a lot in this campaign
[Lazarus] 11:44 am: twice
[Gabel] 11:44 am: Thats because reavers where part of the theme
[Lazarus] 11:44 am: first time it was only six
[Lazarus] 11:45 am: Regardless, I'm ready to continue
[Throol] 11:45 am: Firefly was full of hope, finding the best of situations, having good times with good friends, exciting adventures, gaining over time. This has been bad thing after bad thing, just keeps getting worse.
[Throol] 11:46 am: Way too much like real life.
[Lazarus] 11:46 am: You also helped a group of farmers stave off a greedy land baron
[] 11:46 am: ( I think you watched a different Firefly/Serenity than me.. seeing as how Book and Wash ended up dying..)
[Lazarus] 11:46 am: you rescued the crew of the Brass Monkey
[Gabel] 11:46 am: Captured a bunch of pirates saved a crew
[Gabel] 11:46 am: saved an ex reaver
[Lazarus] 11:47 am: you even helped a man that had been reaverized
[Throol] 11:47 am: Serenity was dark, Firefly not so much
[] 11:47 am: (The movie was all about Reavers, and people dying, and shitty things happening.. and this is the Serenity Role Playing Game.. not the Firefly Role Playing Game.)
[Lazarus] 11:47 am: the movie was darker than the series, no doubt
[] 11:47 am: (At least that's what my book tells me on the cover.)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:48 am: I think throol has had issues with the campaign for some time as he never really did talk much during sessions
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:48 am: This is just my opinion
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: anima has left at 11:48 am+
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:48 am: he has mentioned the darkness thing before
[] 11:48 am: I hope you'll stay Throol
[Lazarus] 11:48 am: So do I
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:48 am: Think the guy might be a bit depressed in real life this is getting him down maybe.
[Throol] 11:49 am: I want to play, but i can't deal with my fun times being downers
[Lazarus] 11:49 am: but unfortunately, none of us have script writers to generate the humor and the companionship
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:49 am: One of the many reasons i play John is to play a good guy in a bad verse
[Lazarus] 11:50 am: I really can't say much more without getting into spoilers, but there was a reason for all of this
[] 11:50 am: (All I know is YOU have eaten away 15 minutes of MY 4 hours a week that I game, 1/16th of my weekly gaming I will never get back. Either man up and keep playing, or don't. I want to continue though.)
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:50 am: and you are making a name
[starjunky] 11:50 am: (bk
[] 11:50 am: (Welcome back.)
[Throol] 11:51 am: Nice, Mick.
[] 11:52 am: (Hey, I am sorry, but I am not going to convince someone to keep playing if they don't want to. You either will or you won't.)
[] 11:53 am: Throol, you could stay till the end of this session and choose if you wanted to continue after. Maybe talk with Laz privately about the tone of the future sessions?
[Lazarus] 11:53 am: however, I would hope you would stay
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:53 am: Yeah i was thinking about taking up that trait if we survive this
[Lazarus] 11:54 am: If you don't want to stay, you've got a clear way out. Ian obviously wants to be part of the neo-Browncoats and no one else in the crew does
[->Lazarus] 11:54 am: Sorry, words that had to be said.
[Throol] 11:54 am: I would like to play, but I honestly can't handle so much darkness in my games - I'm looking for an escape from reality, not delving deeper into darkness. But you guys keep playing.
[Lazarus] 11:54 am: If you can not find a reason to go on, at least Ian's departure will make sense, but I do think there is a place for you
[Lazarus->] 11:55 am: I agree to a point. he is killing the mood
[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:55 am: I'm thinking Easy Mark may fit as well
[Lazarus] 11:56 am: So are we ready to continue?
[->Lazarus] 11:56 am: Plus, he just burned 20 minutes for 7 others.
[Lazarus->] 11:56 am: agreed
[] 11:56 am: (Well I am)
[] 11:56 am: (Yes.)
[Lazarus] 11:57 am: On the ship, Boomer and Ian ferishly manhandle the Gremlin onto the ship's port airlock
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:57 am: True but hes not really a complete fool as he does have his gut instinct with people and stuff
[Lazarus] 11:57 am: It will take them at least another ten minutes before they are ready
[Lazarus] 11:57 am: On the ground,the group tries to stay ahead of the reaver pack
[Gabel] 11:57 am: Oh that tickled me to no avail
[Gabel] 11:57 am: Manhandled Gremlin
[Lazarus] 11:58 am: everyone roll agility+athletics target is 7
[Gabel] 11:58 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Gabel] 11:58 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (3) = 5


[] 11:58 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 11:58 am:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (4) = 12


[Gabel] 11:58 am: add plot point
[starjunky] 11:58 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[starjunky] 11:58 am:

-> 1d10 (7)+ 1d6 (2) = 9


[] 11:58 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[] 11:58 am:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (5) = 11


[Lazarus->Gabel] 11:58 am: he has however fallen for several cons
[Lazarus] 11:59 am: you still here red?
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:59 am: True but thats me forgetting to use intuition not johns fault on the baseline there
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:59 am: I get excited in the heat of the moment as a player (not the PC) and jump into things before playing out my character to the fullest
[Gabel->Lazarus] 11:59 am: So thats baseline my own fault.
[Lazarus] 12:00 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 12:00 pm:

-> 2d6 (1,4 = 5)


[] 12:00 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[] 12:00 pm:

-> 2d6 (5,5 = 10)


[] 12:00 pm: my appologies. was afk getting water
[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: The john falls toward the back of the group and can hear reavers closing, he has no choice, hey must fight or be cut down
[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: good thing red, your roll was much better than mine
[Throol] 12:01 pm: (a toilet falls towards the group?)
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:01 pm: we'll work out something
[Throol] 12:02 pm: (man, that's dirty pool even for reavers)
[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: Deux Ex Machina, that fighter was fully equipped
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: roll init John
[Gabel] 12:03 pm: What i still fall back even if i use plot point ?
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm:

-> 2d8 (4,3 = 7)


[] 12:03 pm: can I save him?
[] 12:03 pm: stop and help him fight?
[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: you rolled a 5 one plot point will not get you to 7
[Gabel] 12:04 pm: Wait im just confused if i add a plot point i add a skillstep right?
[] 12:04 pm: (I suppose I could help? I still have PP. Man, saving two people in one day totally isn't my style. Lol)
[Gabel] 12:04 pm: so a 2 ?
[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: if you used a plot point before the roll, you could have rolled a d2
[Gabel] 12:05 pm: I keep getting confused on how PP actualy works when you use it before and after rolls
[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: I only show you with one point point
[Throol] 12:05 pm: Before you get the die, after you just get the minimum roll
[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: If you use them after a roll, plot points are only worth 1 point
[Gabel] 12:06 pm: Ah fuck i thought they were just considered another skillstep
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: unfortunately no
[Gabel] 12:06 pm: Will you allow me a reroll for just the plot point ?
[] 12:06 pm: (Laz, I have like 4... can I do some assisting?)
[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: since you didn't understand, ok, but you've got to roll a 2 to escape
[Gabel] 12:07 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d2)
[Gabel] 12:07 pm:

-> 1d2 (2)


[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: nice
[Gabel] 12:07 pm: fucking god of dice i love you so much *smooch*
[] 12:07 pm: lucky
[Throol] 12:07 pm: Unfortunately in the system, you have to have the Leadership ability to give plot points to others
[Gabel] 12:07 pm: You have no idea what that word actualy means to me red !
[] 12:07 pm: (I was waiting for him to roll a 0.)
[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: the group is starting to spread out as each runs at their maximum speed
[Gabel] 12:07 pm: Lucky is something my character never ever ever is :P
[Gabel] 12:08 pm: at least not when it comes to rolls
[Gabel] 12:08 pm: I have to remember the PP rules i gotta write it down im gonna do that now as you continue
[Lazarus] 12:08 pm: the wood line is several hundread yards away and the reaves seem tireless
[] 12:08 pm: (So it's spread out sorta like... Zeenix, Me, Red, Star, and then Gabel?)
[Lazarus] 12:09 pm: The Howling of the reavers is however drowned out by the thunder of automatic gun fire!
[Lazarus] 12:09 pm: pretty much Mick
[Lazarus] 12:09 pm: risking a quick glance backward and a disasterous stumble...
[Lazarus] 12:10 pm: you see a group of maybe two dozen locals
[Lazarus] 12:10 pm: and they seem like they were ready for this sort of thing
[Lazarus] 12:10 pm: The reavers are surprised and take some loses before the return fire\
[Lazarus] 12:10 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 12:10 pm:

-> 2d6 (4,3 = 7)


[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: If you guys can make a 7 with agility and athletics, you will gain some distance
[] 12:11 pm: cool
[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: however, that pilot is getting close to landing
[] 12:11 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[] 12:11 pm:

-> 2d6 (5,2 = 7)


[] 12:11 pm: YEA
[starjunky] 12:11 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d6)
[starjunky] 12:11 pm:

-> 1d10 (7)+ 1d6 (6) = 13


[] 12:11 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 12:11 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (4) = 10


[Gabel] 12:12 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[Gabel] 12:12 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d6 (5) = 8


[] 12:12 pm: As the Dandy ran with all he could, he could only spare the briefest of glances, but his wasn't to assess the locals so much, as to look longingly upon the little dirthole town that he had to drop his hat in, in order to save the woman. He supported no illusions that he'd be seeing it again. He'd have to get a new one at the next port.. but it just wasn't the same. He felt... exposed....
[] 12:12 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[] 12:12 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (5) = 13


[] 12:12 pm: (Apparently I can run like a mofo.)
[Lazarus] 12:12 pm: looks like
[] 12:12 pm: (Red seems to allways roll the absolute min you need to succeed.)
[] 12:13 pm: me and electronic dice rolling dont mix
[Lazarus] 12:13 pm: You all gain some distance, but it is clear now the pilot will land behind the line of reavers, trying to fight the reinforcements
[] 12:13 pm: (You and Gabel will get along good then.)
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: jb105 has entered at 12:13 pm+
[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: You know you only have second to decide what to do
[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: (Hey jb)
[Gabel] 12:14 pm: You see John' Wheezing and huffing as hes trying to acess the situation and run at the same time hearing the gunfire he picks up his pace and takes to a full on sprint with 1 hand on his hat and the other on his holster he makes a dash for the woodline.
[] 12:14 pm: (run run run)
[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: Do you all continue running?
[] 12:15 pm: Tries to keep up with the dandy stumbling over rocks.
[Gabel] 12:15 pm: Wait automatic gunfire came from the guy who landed ?
[starjunky] 12:15 pm: ( yeah, I try to keep with John
[] 12:16 pm: The doctor continues to run in the front, barely checking if the others are still following.
[Lazarus] 12:16 pm: No
[Lazarus] 12:16 pm: the gunfire came from some 2 dozen locals
[Lazarus] 12:17 pm: you are running west and they came from the north
[Gabel] 12:17 pm: And we have no idea how many reavers are following
[Lazarus] 12:17 pm: around a dozen now
[Lazarus] 12:17 pm: the loclas sliced into the reavers pretty good
[Gabel] 12:18 pm: How many are in our group ?
[] 12:18 pm: (Well, we have enough of a lead that they can't catch up to us in one turn now, right?)
[Lazarus] 12:18 pm: as of now, 6
[Gabel] 12:18 pm: And the reavers behind us are being fired on ?
[Lazarus] 12:18 pm: you gained some distance, but not out of range
[Lazarus] 12:19 pm: instead of within feet they are now within yards
[] 12:19 pm: (So in other words, they can still get into melee in one turn?)
[Lazarus] 12:19 pm: yes, the locals from the north are still shooting
[->Lazarus] 12:19 pm: What's the penalty for running and shooting?
[Lazarus] 12:19 pm: They have stopped running to face the locals at the moment
[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: but if they choose to run at you again, yes, they can be in melee in a round
[Gabel] 12:20 pm: Okay im going to run 1 more turn then im going to take a look
[Lazarus->] 12:20 pm: running full speed prevents shooting
[Lazarus->] 12:21 pm: hustle counts as an action
[->Lazarus] 12:21 pm: Can they catch me if I hustle for a turn?
[Lazarus] 12:21 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 12:21 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)


[Gabel] 12:21 pm: You rolling high on something is always a bad sign lol
[Lazarus->] 12:21 pm: no
[Lazarus] 12:22 pm: as you continue to run, the pilot hits the ground
[Lazarus] 12:22 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 12:22 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)


[Lazarus] 12:23 pm: you have opened up a gap on the reavers of 15 yards. They could turn and charge you in a round, but you do have them flanked for now
[Lazarus] 12:23 pm: but that will not help the pilot
[] 12:23 pm: Ok how can we help the pilot
[Lazarus] 12:23 pm: only way now is to charge
[Lazarus] 12:24 pm: the reavers are on him
[] 12:24 pm: "Wait a second James, what are you doing? Look at yourself. You're the best damn shot with a pistol this Verse has seen. Why the hell are you running when your HAT, is back there getting who knows what done to it by those savages who ruined your perfectly good day?" The Dandy muttered to himself at no great volume to be heard over the ongoing mess, immediately slowing down to a simple hustle as he brought his pistol to bear. Picking two heads out of the group, he squeezed off two more shots
[] 12:24 pm: intended for the Reaver brainpan.
[] 12:24 pm: (So.. no to the Leadership right now?)
[] 12:24 pm: (Want to make sure before I figure what I need to roll.)
[Lazarus] 12:24 pm: up to gabel
[Gabel] 12:25 pm: As John catches his breath he comes to an immidiate stop and turns around unlocking his pistol from his holster drawing the huge pistol out from it and says: We aint gonna run forever Shoot the gorram blighters were they stand kill them while their distracted help that pilot if we can! (Leadership activated)
[] 12:26 pm: Jo sees her big damn hero turn and start firing into the reavers. She takes out her pistol and starts cracking them off as well.
[Lazarus] 12:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (10d8)
[Lazarus] 12:26 pm:

-> 10d8 (3,3,5,2,3,3,4,1,5,8 = 37)


[Lazarus] 12:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 12:26 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)


[] 12:26 pm: "Just when I had this running away thing worked out so nicely..."
[] 12:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d12+1d2)
[] 12:26 pm:

-> 1d10 (3)+ 1d12 (5)+ 1d2 (1) = 9


[] 12:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d12)
[] 12:26 pm:

-> 1d10 (8)+ 1d12 (6) = 14


[Lazarus] 12:26 pm: ok, with leadership activated, everyone gets +2 steps to their weapons skill
[] 12:27 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d12)
[] 12:27 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d12 (9) = 10


[] 12:27 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d10)
[] 12:27 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d10 (10) = 13


[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:27 pm: Btw the heavy pistol i imagine is an Iskellian made magnum of sorts (family heirloom)
[Lazarus] 12:27 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4;d8+d4)
[Lazarus] 12:27 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d4 (4) = 6

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d4 (4) = 9


[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:28 pm: (Stole it from my father before i left for the military hehe)
[Lazarus] 12:28 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4;d8+d4)
[Lazarus] 12:28 pm:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d4 (4) = 8

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d4 (4) = 5


[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:28 pm: ok
[] 12:28 pm: (red you rolled pretty nicely this time, way more than me even though I had way better skills)
[] 12:28 pm: :D
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:29 pm: (Tbh i was thinking of making it into a proper heirloom weapon maybe giving it a bonus somehow with a trait and stuff)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:29 pm: But more on that later
[Lazarus] 12:29 pm: the cross fire from you and the locals scythes into the pack and cuts down most of the ravers, but they are so bloody tough
[] 12:29 pm: Without even bothering to check the results of his shots, for he was James Wyatt Take, and how he hell would he miss some lowlife Reavers.. He figured in his head. There were twelve, if he killed two, that makes ten, he had 3 round in this revolver, and eight in his other. That was plenty for him to finish this up. Hell! He'd even have ammo to spare.
[->Lazarus] 12:29 pm: Both of mine were aimed to the head.
[Gabel->Lazarus] 12:29 pm: But the general notion is that its whats the word in the verse *Shiney*
[Lazarus] 12:29 pm: five survive to shoot back
[Lazarus] 12:29 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d5)
[Lazarus] 12:29 pm:

-> 1d5 (1)


[Lazarus] 12:30 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d5)
[Lazarus] 12:30 pm:

-> 1d5 (5)


[Lazarus] 12:30 pm: red, sorry, you are the 'lucky' one the reaver shoots a
[Lazarus] 12:30 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d2)
[Lazarus] 12:30 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d2 (2) = 4


[] 12:30 pm: How far away are the reavers?
[Lazarus] 12:31 pm: roll your agility+dodge -1 step
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: monster87 has left at 12:31 pm+
[Lazarus->] 12:31 pm: ok
[Lazarus] 12:31 pm: you are about 15 yards apart
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: monster87 has entered at 12:31 pm+
[] 12:31 pm: ok
[] 12:32 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[] 12:32 pm:

-> 2d6 (2,1 = 3)


[] 12:32 pm: great
[Gabel] 12:32 pm: John fires into the pack of ravenous people as the first shot fires from his gun you hear the echo ringing in your ears at the sheer force the gun is throwing out ammunition the Gun dont look normal in no way as its larger then your average day pistol and the word *Shine* would be an understatement to the pistols design.
[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: well fudge, I only rolled a 4, I thought that would be easy'
[Lazarus] 12:32 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 12:32 pm:

-> 1d6 (4)


[Gabel] 12:32 pm: *Shiney*
[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: Jo kills a reaver, but another is still standing and fires some sort of submachinegun looking thing
[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: she is hit by a pair of darts
[Lazarus] 12:33 pm: (Like Kaylee in the movie)
[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: roll endurance + vigor
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: fenixphire has left at 12:34 pm+
[monster87] 12:34 pm: (dont spoil the movie :P)
[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: kk
[] 12:34 pm: darn it. Dont have vigor.
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: sorry
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: endurance+willpower
[] 12:35 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[] 12:35 pm:

-> 2d6 (2,3 = 5)


[Lazarus] 12:36 pm: Even though the darts are small, the lady starts to feel a numbness spreading from the point of impact
[] 12:36 pm: (Aww crap
[] 12:36 pm: (Getting shot in this situation might have been better!)
[Throol] 12:36 pm: (You haven't seen the movie?)
[Lazarus] 12:36 pm: Another volley of fire from the locals finishes off the remaining reavers
[] 12:36 pm: I draw my other gun and dual pistol the sons of bitches till I fall over
[monster87] 12:37 pm: (nope, but we had that discussion already :P)
[Gabel] 12:37 pm: Vigor wasnt that solomon kane ?
[Lazarus] 12:37 pm: You can see the pilot's parachute billowing, half deflated by the bodies of the reavers around him. If he's alive, you don't know
[Lazarus] 12:37 pm: yes, I got confuzzled with that vigor reference
[Gabel] 12:38 pm: Quick slap Laz he might send more boggits our way
[Lazarus] 12:38 pm: the men advance qucikly as does the pilot of the fighter that crashed in the field
[Lazarus] 12:38 pm: (FUN NEY G)
[Throol] 12:39 pm: (probably just as well - good movie, but a real downer if you liked Firefly)
[] 12:39 pm: "There might still be reavers near, lets not stick around for long captain."
[Lazarus] 12:39 pm: You recognize the pilot as he gets closer, it's one of the gamblers that almost got into a fight with the dandy before ther raid
[] 12:39 pm: First thing is first, it wasn't to check on the pilot, and it wasn't to check on the woman. First he reloaded his revolver, taking five bullets from the fifty on his belt and replacing the five empty casings. Secondly, he did what he had been dying to do since he had been in that alley. He quickly, yet mostly thoroughly, brushed off all the dust and dirt that had gotten on his clothes from when he fell, straightening them out if they had gotten skewed from running......ah... he felt much better.
[Lazarus] 12:39 pm: ELI! ELI! ELI!!!
[Lazarus] 12:40 pm: THe woman begins to feel too dizzy to stay on her feet and her knees buckle
[Gabel] 12:40 pm: Keep a lookout while i check on the pilot
[Gabel] 12:40 pm: Woa there
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: roll endurance and willpower again
[Gabel] 12:41 pm: *Moves over to the woman*
[Gabel] 12:41 pm: Doc get over here!
[] 12:41 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[] 12:41 pm:

-> 2d6 (3,4 = 7)


[] 12:41 pm: Gorram it. (i rip out the darts)
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: The second pilot reaches the first one and cries out in anguish
[] 12:41 pm: "Fine fine... But if the reavers come you carry her."
[Lazarus] 12:42 pm: "My god Eli, what have the done to you!"
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: Windstar has left at 12:42 pm+
[Lazarus] 12:42 pm: Meanwhile back on the ship....
[Gabel] 12:42 pm: *Supports the woman who fell in the group while the doc takes a look at her*
[starjunky] 12:42 pm: *lights a cig to calm his frazzled nerves*
[Lazarus] 12:43 pm: After a frenzy of activity, Ian and Boomer get the Gremlin mounted and hooked into the ship's systems
[Lazarus] 12:44 pm: You can lift at any time, but the Gremlin only holds 3 missiles and can only fire one at a time
[Lazarus] 12:44 pm: Everyone on the ground gets 2 plot points for sorta saving the pilot
[Lazarus] 12:45 pm: One of the reinforcements arrives
[Gabel] 12:45 pm: Dont worry mam the doc here will fix you right up *talking to the stranger who followed them*
[Lazarus] 12:46 pm: "Which one of you is the captain of that boat?"
[Gabel] 12:46 pm: *gets up* Thatd be me
[] 12:46 pm: "Hope she's alright there." James Well, he didn't know Jack, nor Shit about anything medical, so he wouldn't be a whole lot of use to any of these folks. There was only a handful of things he was good at, and it didn't seem any of them needed, or could be done right now.
[] 12:46 pm: I have to run and get food real quick. I will be back as soon as I can. I am sorry
[Lazarus] 12:46 pm: The pilot hears the word doctor "He's a doc? My brother needs help PLEASE!!"
[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: (ok red, you are kinda out of it any way)
[] 12:47 pm: "I guess she wont be dying anytime soon..."
[Gabel] 12:47 pm: Is he badly wounded ? *trying to look for the brother*
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: Jaessiana has left at 12:47 pm+
[] 12:47 pm: "I'll be over there in a sec."
[Gabel] 12:47 pm: Doc go with the pilot
[] 12:47 pm: "yeah, yeah..."
[Lazarus] 12:47 pm: roll int+first aid zack
[] 12:48 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d8)
[] 12:48 pm:

-> 1d10 (10)+ 1d8 (6) = 16


[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: this is for the woman, you did see her first
[] 12:48 pm: (my my, look at that)
[Gabel] 12:48 pm: I will tag along with Zack once the woman is stabilized
[] 12:48 pm: (what do I carry that bag around for anyways?)
[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: ok, you can tell right off by the discoloration already spreading from the dart wounds, she's been poisoned
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: she'll need the med bay
[] 12:49 pm: (Im assuming I wont be healing that without any supplies)
[] 12:49 pm: (Right)
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: but you figure you've got some time
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: roll again for the pilot
[] 12:49 pm: "Uhh... Captain, theres not much I can do for her before we get her on the ship"
[] 12:49 pm: "You look after her or something"
[Gabel] 12:49 pm: Alright i will try contacting boomer on coms
[] 12:49 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d8)
[] 12:49 pm:

-> 1d10 (5)+ 1d8 (1) = 6


[Gabel] 12:50 pm: *Coms* Boomer Ian come in are you there over
[] 12:50 pm: (Darn)
[Lazarus] 12:50 pm: YOu flinch at the sight of what the reavers had time to do
[Lazarus] 12:50 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 12:50 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)


[Lazarus] 12:51 pm: strips of skin seem to have been pulled off of him, but you think you can save the eye
[Lazarus] 12:51 pm: The man that ran up turns to face John. "You got room on that boat for women and children?"
[Gabel] 12:52 pm: (How many can i fit on the ship)
[Gabel] 12:52 pm: (Like spacewise)
[Gabel] 12:52 pm: I know not everybody can have a room but we can fit quite a few people in there im sure
[Gabel] 12:52 pm: cant*
[Lazarus->Gabel] 12:52 pm: you can cram over fifty, but you won't be able to break atmo
[Lazarus] 12:53 pm: "We busted out our share of the weapons for the war as soon as we heard, but it took us some time. "
[Gabel] 12:53 pm: We can cram in about 50 but we wont be able to break atmo
[Gabel] 12:53 pm: How many you talking about ?
[Lazarus] 12:53 pm: "Ain't gotta break atmo son, just gotta get them away from here."
[Gabel] 12:54 pm: Then that aint a problem im trying to get my crew on coms now *Coms* Ian boomer are you there come in over
[Lazarus] 12:54 pm: "We managed to get 43 to safety"
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:54 pm: You are being paged
[monster87] 12:54 pm: "We're here captain."
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:54 pm: reavers gone?
[Gabel] 12:55 pm: Good your still alive i need you to return to the town have you fitted the gremlin yet over.
[] 12:55 pm: Well hell, this weren't no sort of thing he could help with. Even if he did care to see that sort of ravaging to ruin his appetite for the next few days. He'd just remain blissfully ignorant of what he looked like and counted himself the better for doing so. He did however hear mention of some war weapons. War? Hell, his day just seemed to be getting worse and worse. He was oddly overconscious of his hatless head. There was nothing which to hide, but what kind of western gunslinger didn't have
[Lazarus] 12:55 pm: "We can hold that pack, but not for long and we can't do nothing to help you with their ships."
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: cplmac has left at 12:55 pm+
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:56 pm: You don't know., you've been busy mounting the weapon
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:56 pm: is it finished?
[monster87] 12:56 pm: "Gotta check if it's safe. I'm'working on the gremlin"
[Gabel] 12:56 pm: *On coms* Get back to the town as quick as possible we need to evacuate people now boomer.
[] 12:56 pm: a hat? None, that's kind. He turned to the man with the ship as the conversation proceeded. "Speaking of which, I would like to see about getting on that ship of yours, need to get off this rock. Wondering if you had the need for a hand."
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:56 pm: yes, weapon is ready
[monster87] 12:57 pm: "Roger. I was just finished with mounting our weapons, I'll go to the bridge now and come straight to you"
[monster87] 12:57 pm: * already running *
[starjunky] 12:57 pm: " you shore know your way 'round a pistol, thats for sure" to Dandy
[Gabel] 12:57 pm: Do it and hurry we got little time booms im glad your still alive Captain out.
[Gabel] 12:58 pm: You want a ride off this rock its gonna have to wait til we evacuated these people but your welcome aboard you look like you can handle yourself
[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: "The families are two miles north of here. What's left of them, them what was in the town is done for. Please Mister, save our families. We can buy your the time"
[Gabel] 12:58 pm: *Turning back to the pilot* By the way did the people who had gathered up in the town center make it out alive ? looking at the pilot questioningly
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:58 pm: roll piloting + d4
[monster87] 12:59 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)
[monster87] 12:59 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d4 (3) = 9


[Lazarus] 12:59 pm: "I was too busy tryin' to save that boat of yourn."
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:59 pm: i do a quick check for reavers first
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:00 pm: Int+d4 sensors
[Gabel] 1:00 pm: Gorram it this is a whole lot of mess i was hopin they had made it out *sighs*
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:00 pm: when you do the pilot it will be pilot+d4+d2
[monster87] 1:00 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d4)
[monster87] 1:00 pm:

-> 1d12 (12)+ 1d4 (4) = 16


[monster87->Lazarus] 1:00 pm: (max result lol)
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:00 pm: nice, clear line of sight to the pickup point
[] 1:00 pm: Nice!
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:00 pm: ok
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:01 pm: now roll d10+d4+d2
[monster87] 1:01 pm: "Did a quick sweep cap'n, all seems to be clear"
[monster87] 1:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d4+1d2)
[monster87] 1:01 pm:

-> 1d10 (5)+ 1d4 (1)+ 1d2 (2) = 8


[monster87->Lazarus] 1:01 pm: piloting is only 1d8
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:01 pm: you got a bonus
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:01 pm: barely, but good enough
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:01 pm: ow ok :P last result (1d8+1d4) was higher :P
[Gabel] 1:02 pm: *Coms* Then git over here booms we got people to save !
[Lazarus] 1:02 pm: The leader of the locals looks grim. You do your job captain, we'll do ours."
[Gabel] 1:02 pm: The ships on her way to pick us up are you sure you dont want a ride to your families ?
[Lazarus] 1:02 pm: ""Fan out, if it moves shoot it, anyone we know is Reaver food by now."
[monster87] 1:02 pm: "Yeah comming as fast as I can.. (mutters) now where was the throttle again.."
[monster87] 1:03 pm: "I'll be a trained pilot in no time with all this practical experience"
[Lazarus] 1:03 pm: The men advance and close in on the town
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: jb105 has left at 1:03 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:03 pm: Who is carrying the woman and the pilot?
[Gabel] 1:03 pm: I will help with that
[] 1:04 pm: *not me*
[Lazarus] 1:04 pm: alex?
[Lazarus] 1:04 pm: ok, figure gabel and the dandy cary the woman
[Lazarus] 1:05 pm: alex and the other pilot carry the wounded guy
[starjunky] 1:05 pm: *mutters - maybe I should hang out close by the ship from now on. Keep getting Boomer into hot water when things go South is seems
[Lazarus] 1:05 pm: You start moving at best speed with the heavy burden of two wounded
[Gabel] 1:06 pm: *Looks at Alex* About the most sense of anything thats happened today Brogan.
[] 1:06 pm: The Dandy looks around at the others, as if he were looking for someone else to carry the women. Seeing that the others were looking at him to help. He just made a tsking noise and reached down to get the legs. At least that side is lighter.
[] 1:06 pm: "Captain, is this what happens everytime you go drinking?"
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: pruttm has left at 1:06 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:06 pm: behind you you hear the firing as the locals engage the reavers
[Throol] 1:06 pm: I'm afraid I am done. I feel a little better now, but am even more sure, with what's been going on here, that I don't want to play in a dark game like this.
[Throol] 1:07 pm: I hope you all can still enjoy it.
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: Throol has left at 1:07 pm+
[Gabel] 1:07 pm: Trust me son the next time i go drinking i will be sure to invite alot less reavers.
[Gabel] 1:07 pm: Well there he goes.
[Lazarus] 1:07 pm: Wow
[] 1:07 pm: (Man, I am still amazed all of that sand could fit up there..... and I told you he had already made up his mind. That's why there was no point.)
[Gabel] 1:07 pm: Ignore it and continue he has made his choice ask him about it via email instead
[Lazarus] 1:08 pm: Before I continue, does anyone else feel this is too dark?
[Gabel] 1:08 pm: No
[] 1:08 pm: "Next time I'll stay on the ship, you can bring me a bottle of booze after"
[monster87] 1:08 pm: too dark?
[] 1:08 pm: (Not really)
[Gabel] 1:08 pm: But then im not bothered by dark things
[starjunky] 1:08 pm: (nah, its fine
[Lazarus] 1:08 pm: ok, we'll press on
[monster87] 1:08 pm: (o the setting? Nah it has a nice feel to it)
[Gabel] 1:09 pm: If Throol wants to return let him maybe he is having a bad day something happened in real life or something who knows
[Gabel] 1:09 pm: Give him the benefit of the doubt at least before we completely write him off
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:09 pm: roll int+d4
[Lazarus] 1:09 pm: I agree
[monster87] 1:10 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d4)
[monster87] 1:10 pm:

-> 1d12 (4)+ 1d4 (2) = 6


[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: You've never felt two miles seem so far
[monster87] 1:10 pm: lol I check my navigation
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:11 pm: you don't manage to surprise the 3 ships or 2 shuttles
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:11 pm: so they will get to evade
[Lazarus] 1:11 pm: As the Fire Angel approaches, they are spotted
[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: This time the shuttles stay to assist the reavers on the ground
[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: and the two smaller ships turn to engage
[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: ok, to get a shot...
[monster87] 1:13 pm: "Oh gun dan ho.. this is gonna get messy.. Ian, can you handle the shooting?"
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: you have to roll better than the other pilot
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: (I'll do Ian as gunner)
[Lazarus] 1:14 pm: go ahead and roll boomer
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:14 pm: you do have 2 plot points
[monster87] 1:15 pm: ill use a pp
[monster87] 1:15 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4+1d2)
[monster87] 1:15 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d4 (4)+ 1d2 (1) = 13


[Lazarus] 1:15 pm: kk
[Lazarus] 1:15 pm: nice
[Lazarus] 1:16 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4;2d8)
[Lazarus] 1:16 pm:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d4 (1) = 5

-> 2d8 (5,1 = 6)


[Lazarus] 1:16 pm: you have a choice of either ship as you fly circles around them
[Lazarus] 1:17 pm: one is a Type 413 and the other is another pride like your own ship
[Lazarus] 1:17 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 1:17 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)


[] 1:17 pm: (I am back!)
[Lazarus] 1:17 pm: Ian decides a reaverized Pride is an affront to the Fire Angel and fires
[monster87] 1:17 pm: ian is doing the shooting right? so he has to choose
[] 1:17 pm: (Welcome back, I got stuck carrying half of your lazy ass.)
[] 1:18 pm: (how long before I wake up?)
[Gabel] 1:18 pm: I got the heavy half
[] 1:18 pm: (Red you are poisoned, I couldnt treat you yet but the ship is arriving soon.)
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm:

-> 2d6 (4,2 = 6) + 1d4 (2) = 8


[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d4+d6)
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm:

-> 1d4 (2)+ 1d6 (2) = 4


[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: (It will take a medical roll red)
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: Ian's first shot is true!
[] 1:19 pm: ah ok. i will just sit tight then
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8)
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)


[Gabel] 1:19 pm: Yup you can sit tight as two people manhandle you across the treeline
[Lazarus] 1:20 pm: The ship is damaged and vents fire and smoke, but stays in the air
[Lazarus] 1:20 pm: roll piloting again boomer
[] 1:21 pm: (Oh btw guys. I have UGLY AS SIN.. over half her face and arm are scar tissue.)
[monster87] 1:21 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d4+1d8)
[monster87] 1:21 pm:

-> 1d4 (4)+ 1d8 (3) = 7


[Lazarus] 1:21 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 1:21 pm:

-> 2d8 (2,3 = 5)


[Gabel] 1:21 pm: (John would not care either way :P)
[Lazarus] 1:21 pm: you win again boomer and Ian lines up for his second shot
[Lazarus] 1:21 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 1:21 pm:

-> 2d6 (4,2 = 6) + 1d4 (1) = 7


[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Lazarus] 1:22 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (3) = 11


[] 1:22 pm: (for some reason if you are a lieutenant on Firefly you always get crapped on. I figured i had to go with the theme lol)
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:22 pm: I hope this whole situation with throol gets sorted out if he does return i will welcome him back but at least we got two new crewmembers to replace him somewhat if he does decide to leave.
[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: for a miss!
[Gabel] 1:22 pm: haha
[Gabel] 1:22 pm: Has Ian used any PP this round ?
[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: roll again boomer
[monster87] 1:22 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d4+1d8)
[monster87] 1:22 pm:

-> 1d4 (3)+ 1d8 (2) = 5


[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: all of them now
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm:

-> 2d8 (1,4 = 5)


[monster87] 1:23 pm: (distractly) "Sorry cap'n, seems we'll be late.. ran into some trouble"
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: hmmmm head on pass
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: int+tech roll boomer
[monster87] 1:23 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d6)
[monster87] 1:23 pm:

-> 1d12 (9)+ 1d6 (3) = 12


[Lazarus->monster87] 1:24 pm: if you can make a hard int+hacking, you'll figure out a way to confuse the reaver pilot
[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: Ian looks grm as he lines up for the head on attack
[Lazarus->Gabel] 1:25 pm: I'm pretty sure he is gone, he has mentioned this was too dark and I don;t know how to make it brighter and still be firefly
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: Rein?
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:25 pm: ill try it
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:25 pm: kk
[monster87] 1:25 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d12)
[monster87] 1:25 pm:

-> 2d12 (10,4 = 14)


[monster87->Lazarus] 1:26 pm: what's hard.. 15? then ill use my last pp
[Gabel->Lazarus] 1:26 pm: Well then i will have to wish him luck if he does not want to play hope he finds another genre thats lighter or brighter
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: Knocking this was crazy, Boomer decided to see if she could help. She amped up the comms to broadcast 60 cycls aon all channels
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: even john could hear the squeal over his com unit
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d2)
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d2 (2) = 7


[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d10)
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d10 (6) = 8


[Lazarus->monster87] 1:28 pm: hard is 11
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8)
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)


[Gabel] 1:28 pm: Brrrzztyzyzyzzzztzzttzz *Whine*
[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: Ian fires the last missile and while it isn't a great hit, it does drive the ship downward
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:29 pm: roll piloting and d4
[monster87] 1:29 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d4+1d8)
[monster87] 1:29 pm:

-> 1d4 (4)+ 1d8 (5) = 9


[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: Boomer however times a downward vector of the Fire Angel's thrusts just as she passes over the reaver ship
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: down in what ammounts to a sudden down drft, the reaver pilot is unable to compensate and the ship burns in spreading a fireball over a wide area
[monster87] 1:31 pm: "Weeeha" (in a rush of adrenaline, Boomer lets out a cowboy style scream)
[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: On the ground, the crew, the dandy and one unknown man trade off lugging the two wounded
[monster87] 1:31 pm: "That'll teach them Ian!"
[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: "Yeah, but we're out of ammo!"
[monster87] 1:32 pm: "ow shit, now what?!"
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: During one of the transfers, while john and the man are carying the woman, the man interduces himself
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: ""I'm Harvey Killian"
[Gabel] 1:33 pm: That the pilot ?
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: "I'm a businessman looking to expand to the Rim."
[] 1:33 pm: (The people on the ground said they are out of ammo?
[Gabel] 1:33 pm: No
[Gabel] 1:33 pm: The gremlin missile launcher
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: this was a guy that was in the street with you from the very beginning
[Gabel] 1:33 pm: on the ship is out of ammo
[Gabel] 1:33 pm: Oh the guy who was with us
[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: only one of what you thought was a local to escape
[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: "Got a bit more than I planned it seems."
[Gabel] 1:34 pm: Well i sure hope youre bringing guns with you if ya be planning expanding into these terretories *chuckles*
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: "Never would have believed reavers were as bad as the talk. now I know the talk didn't cover half of it."
[Gabel] 1:35 pm: Heck ive killed reavers before but not as many as what just hit the town
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: As you run or are flying, you know the chances of escape are pretty grim
[Gabel] 1:35 pm: Alex here almost got eaten by them as well *nodding towards alex*
[] 1:35 pm: James looked at the man curiously. "So what is it you sell then?" If he was expanding to the Rim, it mean he was from the borders or core. He was curious enough to know what would be needed in both of those places.
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: "Nice to meet you even though the circumstances are less so Alex."
[starjunky] 1:36 pm: "yeah, nice meetin' you too"
[Gabel] 1:36 pm: The names John John Helios Iskellian i would shake your hand but im a bit tied up at the moment *Chuckles again*
[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: "My company deals mainly in hardware and dry goods, but I'm sure this is not the time for such matters."
[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: "Iskellian? Interesting."
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: As you banter, you can't help but think about your escape
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: There are still two armed shuttles and two reaver ships between you and escape
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:38 pm: do another piloting roll
[Gabel] 1:38 pm: I feel a fade to black comming
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:38 pm: +d2
[monster87] 1:39 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d4+1d8+1d2)
[monster87] 1:39 pm:

-> 1d4 (1)+ 1d8 (3)+ 1d2 (1) = 5


[monster87->Lazarus] 1:39 pm: i had to fail sometime..
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:39 pm: can't hold up good rolls forever :P
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:39 pm: true
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: As the crew on the ground reaches the rendezvous, they can see the large number of near panicked survivors
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: Boomer attempts to stay low and swing in unnoticed, but the damaged reaver ship turns slowly to intercept
[->Lazarus] 1:41 pm: What's the penalty to shoot the pilot?
[->Lazarus] 1:41 pm: LOL
[->Lazarus] 1:41 pm: I play for keeps.
[Gabel] 1:41 pm: Once we settled in with the survivors i will try and use my leadership to calm them down and explain that my ship is on its way to pick them up.
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: Even though the Fire Angel will get there first, there is no way you can get everyone aboard before the reaver ship arrives and you know there are the other ships that can be here soon as well
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: Sokkaiya has left at 1:42 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: With your only ship to ship weapon out of ammo, escape looks increasingly less likely
[Gabel] 1:43 pm: Remote controle the gorram shuttles and use em as missiles !
[Gabel] 1:43 pm: Suicide em into the ships
[Lazarus] 1:43 pm: John must make a terrible decision, if he orders boomer to fly to the crew, they can leap aboard ahad of pursuit
[->Lazarus] 1:43 pm: I can rock a 1d10+1d12+1d8+1d12+whatever I can get from Aiming.
[] 1:43 pm: James realized he hadn't introduced himself at all, but oh well. Such things weren't meant to be done while in dirty clothing, while carrying a body. He'd surely remedy that at a later date. He watched the ships continue their dance in the sky. He wasn't feeling like now would be too soon for getting off this rock.
[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: but that would mean leaving the women and childredm
[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: Never had the burden of command weighed so heavy on John
[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: Worst of all, he knew he had to make a decision quick as the survivors were starting to move his way
[] 1:45 pm: (Oh man)
[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: If he was going to get away without a mob, he'd have to call boomer now
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: Zoom in to close up on John's worried expression....
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: FADE TO BLACK...
[->Lazarus] 1:46 pm: Guess not.
[monster87] 1:46 pm: hehe nicely done :)
[Lazarus->] 1:46 pm: at least not THIS week
[] 1:46 pm: How dare you! Preemptive ending.
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: Thank you
[] 1:46 pm: Lol.
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: The others can school ya on that Mick
[] 1:46 pm: Thank you laz
[->Lazarus] 1:47 pm: Out of sheer curiosity.. what would the DC on that be, anyway?
[] 1:47 pm: I wouldn't know.. preemptive ending has never been an issue for me.
[] 1:47 pm: Lol
[] 1:47 pm: :) i gotta jet guys. Was fun. Catch you next week.
[Lazarus->] 1:47 pm: to do what?
[Gabel] 1:48 pm: have fun cya later
[Gabel] 1:48 pm: red
[] 1:48 pm: Bye red
[starjunky] 1:48 pm: brb, biobreak needed at curtain fall....
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: later and thanks
[Serenity: From the Ashes: Session 17]: has left at 1:48 pm+
[->Lazarus] 1:48 pm: Shoot the pilot from the enemy ship.