Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 9:38 am+
[Lazarus] 9:38 am: Welcome to P&PG Chat.
[General Chatter]: WYRD has entered at 9:46 am+
[General Chatter]: Bloodangel has entered at 9:46 am+
[General Chatter]: Bloodangel has left at 9:49 am+
[General Chatter]: starjunky has entered at 10:00 am+
[Lazarus] 10:02 am: I created room "Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 12"
[General Chatter]: starjunky has left at 10:02 am+
[General Chatter]: has left at 10:02 am+
[starjunky] 10:02 am: brb, wifey calliung
Welcome! You have entered [Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 12] at 10:02 am+
[Lazarus] 10:02 am: Hang on, I'm going to have to fire up skype and see if any of the others are around
[Lazarus] 10:04 am: damn, no one is on
[] 10:04 am: shoot
[Lazarus] 10:04 am: This was NOT the week to forgot to send the reminder
[starjunky] 10:05 am: hang out for 10 mins and see if more shoe?
[starjunky] 10:05 am: show*
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: yeah, I'm sorry guys. Stupid christmas shopping
[] 10:06 am: :)
[starjunky] 10:07 am: while the reminder email is nice, folks hould not expect it I'd say
[] 10:08 am: yes
[] 10:08 am: especially when the last email said so
[Lazarus] 10:08 am: That is true, but I've been doing it long enough that I guess some have become dependent on it
[Lazarus] 10:13 am: okay, I found them by their email address on skype, but all I could do was send a request
[] 10:14 am: D:
[] 10:14 am: will this mean no games untill next year?
[Lazarus] 10:15 am: If no one shows, unfortunately, that would be correct
[] 10:15 am: Oh geez
[Lazarus] 10:16 am: We are at the climax of the adventure and it would be very very dificult to go forward without the others
[] 10:16 am: Theres no way to do it with the 2 of us
[Lazarus] 10:16 am: I might get by without boomer, but I just can't see proceeding without gabel and throol
[starjunky] 10:17 am: yeah, agreed
[Lazarus] 10:18 am: This was a bad week to step on my crank and forget about the reminder. I know we discussed when we'd take a christmas break, but christmas has a way of making people forget things
[Lazarus] 10:18 am: like sending reminder emails
[] 10:18 am: Dont blame yourself :P
[Lazarus] 10:19 am: Thanks, but I did drop that particular ball
[Lazarus] 10:20 am: "So Misses Lincoln aside from that, what did you think of the play?"
[Lazarus] 10:26 am: Well guys, I'm going to give it five more minutes and then all it as a lost cause today. I am very sorry
[] 10:26 am: Again, no worries
[] 10:27 am: Its a bummer, but as long as we can continue later its all hood
[] 10:27 am: *good
[starjunky] 10:27 am: yep, no prob here
[] 10:27 am: even if it will take a while
[Lazarus] 10:27 am: Looks like next time will have to be 4 January
[Lazarus] 10:28 am: I'm composing the email right now and will send one again later
[] 10:29 am: i put a reminder for 4th of january
[Lazarus] 10:29 am: yeah. So will I for the 3rd to send the second email
[Lazarus] 10:33 am: okay guys, I have 10:33, no sign of anyone on skype or like they will be coming in late, so this session is going to be officially scrubbed.
[Lazarus] 10:34 am: If you like Z, you can stay and I can run a quick intro to how you got to be where you are.
[] 10:36 am: Well laz if you want to
[] 10:36 am: Its cool with me
[Lazarus] 10:37 am: Okay, we can rewind for Zack a little over three days ago
[] 10:37 am: ok
[Lazarus] 10:37 am: You are on Regina and looking for passage, not particualr to where
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: you check the departures and you do not see any listed at the spaceport
[Lazarus] 10:38 am: You see a few ships in the port
[Lazarus] 10:39 am: several larger bulk frieghters owned by the big shippers like Blue Sun, but traveling on them never appealed to you
[starjunky] 10:39 am: gonna lurk if y'all don't mind
[Lazarus] 10:39 am: no problem star
[] 10:39 am: no problem for me either
[Lazarus] 10:40 am: Only thing is, you will not know that Zack is when we restart on the 4th
[] 10:40 am: most likely he will forget ;)
[Lazarus] 10:40 am: will not know where Zack is even
[Lazarus] 10:41 am: waves hand. "This is not the Doctor you are looking for."
[starjunky] 10:41 am: ah, will go back to main room so as not to be tempted to meta-game, cyas!
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 12]: starjunky has left at 10:41 am+
[Lazarus] 10:41 am: oh well
[Lazarus] 10:42 am: Of the smaller freighters in the port...
[] 10:42 am: I'd have done that too :)
[Lazarus] 10:42 am: There is a Firefly, hell there's always a Firefly
[Lazarus] 10:42 am: A Pride-Class that has seen better days
[Lazarus] 10:43 am: An Ox, and even an antique Treefrog
[Lazarus] 10:43 am: You haven't seen a Treefrog in along time
[Lazarus] 10:44 am: Reggardless of them being every where, you know you can trust a Firefly, so that's the way you head
[Lazarus] 10:44 am: The name on the hull is the Brass Monkey
[Lazarus] 10:46 am: A cute young Eurasian woman is standing at the top of the cargo ramp.
[Lazarus] 10:46 am: "You look like you are on a mission."
[] 10:47 am: (Am i going to act my part?)
[] 10:48 am: (or do you have it written for my responses as well?)
[Lazarus] 10:48 am: (Yep, time to jump in)
[] 10:48 am: (Alright)
[] 10:49 am: " Your ship wouldn't be looking for a doctor would it? Since I'm getting real sick of waiting around.
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: "Well, we've got a assistant Mechanic that knows an elbow from a foot."
[Lazarus] 10:51 am: "He's been okay with minor stuff. Otherwise we hope the Buddha is watching over us."
[] 10:52 am: "Well you do look like people who would get into some trouble."
[] 10:52 am: "Let me assure you, after getting shot, you'll be thankful for someone like me."
[] 10:53 am: "Besides, its not like I'm expensive to keep around"
[Lazarus] 10:53 am: "I'm not sure if I should be insulted that we look so disreputable that us getting into trouble is obvious or that it happens to be true."
[Lazarus] 10:54 am: "If you like, you can talk to Captain Callas and see if you can sweet talk your way into a job."
[] 10:55 am: "I'm not much for sweet talk, but I think he will get my point soon enough. Show me where hes at."
[Lazarus] 10:56 am: "I'm Sharon Wu, I'm the ship's cook and purser by the way. Who might y'all be?"
[] 10:57 am: "Zack, your soon to be doctor. I hope that you can cook better than the locals do."
[] 10:58 am: "Though mayby its just me, but food does seem to taste better when aboard a ship"
[Lazarus] 10:58 am: "I like to think I'm a woman of many talents, but let's save that discussion for after y'all talk to the captain."
[] 10:59 am: "That'd be best"
[Lazarus] 11:00 am: You know the path well enough to walk it in your sleep as she heads up the stairs, through the common room, and down the cooridor that leads to the bridge."
[Lazarus] 11:01 am: In the common room you past two men and two women who stop their conversation long enough to look at you with a questioning expression."
[Lazarus] 11:02 am: "This here is Zack. Claims to be a Doc. Gonna let the Captain talk to him." Sharon replies to the unasked question and the four crew return to their conversation
[Lazarus] 11:03 am: You hear only one sentence. "I'm tellin' ya, that Niska guy is a sociopath, we are NOT goin' to Ezra."
[Lazarus] 11:05 am: You get to the bridge and find the Captain alone on the bridge just completing a wave.
[Lazarus] 11:05 am: "Hey Sharon, who's yer friend?"
[Lazarus] 11:05 am: "Name is Zack, wants a job as Doctor."
[Lazarus] 11:05 am: "Really now? Okay, you run along and let me talk to him."
[Lazarus] 11:06 am: As soon as you are alone the man looks at you with his head canted to one side.
[Lazarus] 11:06 am: "Fer a Doc, ya don't look too fancified."
[] 11:06 am: "I never was one of the academy types."
[] 11:07 am: "For both of our sakes, I'm going to summarize."
[Lazarus] 11:07 am: "That's a good thing wid me. Anyone what goes to an Academy usualy has a head too big fer their shoulders."
[] 11:08 am: "I heard that your mechanic has been patching you up"
[Lazarus] 11:08 am: "True enough."
[] 11:08 am: "no offence to her, the human body is no motor"
[Lazarus] 11:09 am: "Actually managed to set Wulong's arm couple months back."
[Lazarus] 11:09 am: "Well, a body's got workin' not all that different."
[] 11:10 am: "Yeah well like a motor, to keep it running smooth it needs maitnance"
[] 11:11 am: "And in your profession, you should be interested in getting the best if your aiming to be doing it for long."
[Lazarus] 11:11 am: "Times is hard, so I don't know that I can afford a full time doc, but I just got a lead on a job and if it pans out, we'll see how ya do wid that."
[] 11:11 am: "Fine by me"
[Lazarus] 11:12 am: "In fact, how about y'all go with, might be a chance ta see what y'all can do. YOu know how to handle a gun? We don't need no one what needs baby sittin."
[] 11:13 am: " I'm no warhero, but I've worked with your kind before. I can shoot a pistol allright."
[Lazarus] 11:13 am: "Good enough."
[] 11:13 am: "Not that it matters, but you expecting trouble soon?"
[] 11:14 am: "I did hear some talk on the way here"
[Lazarus] 11:14 am: "Never know. This 'job interview we got comin' up is a bit different than most."
[Lazarus] 11:15 am: "I'm Jonathan Callas and I own this here boat. Just make sure y'all remember that."
[] 11:15 am: " Fair enough"
[Lazarus] 11:15 am: "Follow me."
[] 11:16 am: *Follows*
[Lazarus] 11:16 am: He heads to the common room and you see the entire crew is present, there are seven counting the captain 3 women and 4 men
[Lazarus] 11:17 am: "Okay everyone, this here is Zack. He wants to be the ship's doc. I'm givin' him a shot. We gots us a lead on a job."
[] 11:18 am: " If your going to die, my face is probably the last thing you'll see. But i'll be trying my best to avoid that."
[Lazarus] 11:19 am: "Uh right. let's. Anyway, the job is for a guy named Kenner. Likes to give jobs to the lucky, so we have to be at a set of coordinates tomorrow morning. Jason, Wulong, Cindy, Me and Zack here are gonna take shuttle two to the rendezvous."
[Lazarus] 11:19 am: "Zack, you stay in one of the passenger cabins, starboard side aft. Sharon show him the way."
[] 11:20 am: "As long as you do the talking, I have no problem with that."
[Lazarus] 11:20 am: The rest of the evening is spent with introductions. You meet in addition to Sharon the Cook and Captain Callas....
[Lazarus] 11:21 am: Alice Higgins the pilot, Cindy Lao the head mechanic, Jason Moorley the apprentice mechanic, Fred Daniels the First Officer, and Chin Wulong the stevadore.
[Lazarus] 11:22 am: You leave on the shuttle early in the morning and fly to the coordinates
[Lazarus] 11:22 am: you find that there are two other shuttles and a small Wren class ship there as well
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: you have to park one kilometer from the rendezvous
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: You find the other crews in the darkness near the ruins of an old barn
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 12]: Narayan has left at 11:23 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 12]: Cicero has entered at 11:23 am+
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: a small crude robot rolls out
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 12]: Cicero has left at 11:23 am+
[Lazarus] 11:24 am: You are given a riddle to solve
[Lazarus] 11:24 am: you run back to the shuttle and by the time you get there, Cindy has it figured out
[Lazarus] 11:25 am: you fly to a tavern in town and run inside to get the second clew
[Lazarus] 11:26 am: roll intelligence + knowledge
[] 11:26 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d4)
[] 11:26 am:

-> 1d10 (7)+ 1d4 (3) = 10


[Lazarus] 11:27 am: you figure out that the two clues are a set of coordinates
[Lazarus] 11:27 am: "Damn son, you might be worth the price of passage afterall."
[Lazarus] 11:28 am: "Quick Jason, hed to these coordinates."
[] 11:28 am: "Damn right, this isin't even what I do best."
[Lazarus] 11:28 am: You fly hard and land at the base of a small hill in the only available clearing
[Lazarus] 11:29 am: Cindy bolts out of the shuttle and seems to be part gazelle as she is amazingly fast on her feet."
[Lazarus] 11:29 am: roll alertness + perception
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 12]: WYRD has left at 11:29 am+
[] 11:30 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[] 11:30 am:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d6 (1) = 3


[Lazarus] 11:30 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Lazarus] 11:30 am:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d6 (4) = 5


[Lazarus] 11:30 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)
[Lazarus] 11:30 am:

-> 2d6 (4,5 = 9)

-> 2d6 (5,6 = 11)


[Lazarus] 11:31 am: Tzao cao Captain look!" Jason cries out
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 12]: Cicero has left at 11:31 am+
[Lazarus] 11:32 am: You look and see that another shuttle has arrived and they are hovering above the hill and are opening a hatch.
[Lazarus] 11:32 am: "Those gorram hun dan are gonna try and repel down to beat Cindy!"
[Lazarus] 11:33 am: "Quick Zac help me close this hatch. Wulong, go back up Cindy."
[] 11:33 am: "They've got guts it seems"
[] 11:33 am: "alright"
[Lazarus] 11:33 am: Wulong leaps from the shuttle and follows Cindy, but it is clear he is much slower than she is."
[Lazarus] 11:34 am: roll agility + knowledge
[] 11:34 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 11:34 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (5) = 10


[Lazarus] 11:34 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4)
[Lazarus] 11:34 am:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d4 (1) = 8


[Lazarus] 11:35 am: Between the two of you, you get the hatch sealed and Jason slams full power to the shuttle to lift
[Lazarus] 11:36 am: Roll agility + athletics as Jason tries to block the other shuttle
[] 11:36 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 11:36 am:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d6 (6) = 13


[] 11:36 am: (ooh, never had a roll that good)
[Lazarus] 11:36 am: Like the ninja, you nimbly keep your feet as the shuttle gyrates wildly
[Lazarus] 11:37 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Lazarus] 11:37 am:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d6 (4) = 8


[Lazarus] 11:37 am: Callas keep his feet, but is pinned by the centrifical forces
[Lazarus] 11:38 am: The two shuttle s avoid crashing, but you see two people pitched out of the other shutlle
[Lazarus] 11:38 am: on gets snagged in the trees from some ropes he had tied around him the second lands heavily
[] 11:38 am: "Thats not going to end well... "
[Lazarus] 11:39 am: Over the comm unit you hear Cindy yell "Brass Monkey, this is the Brass Monkey."
[Lazarus] 11:39 am: You get a wave from Kenner telling you to bring your ship to Warehouse 19 to load the cargo
[Lazarus] 11:39 am: Jason swings by to wait for cindy and wulong
[Lazarus] 11:40 am: you see the other shuttle land and a couple figures run over to help the people that fell
[Lazarus] 11:40 am: You see oneof them must be a doctor or at least a medic as he treats the man that hit the ground
[] 11:41 am: " Mayby they wont be going home in a bodybag afterall"
[] 11:41 am: "Glad im not there"
[Lazarus] 11:41 am: "Well, Kenner said he hires the lucky and this time, that's us and not them."
[Lazarus] 11:41 am: After returning to town, you move the Brass Monkey to the warehouse and try to stay out of the way as the cargo is loaded
[] 11:42 am: "What is all this stuff anyways?"
[Lazarus] 11:43 am: Refined molybdium ingots
[Lazarus] 11:43 am: "Ya really helped today Zack. Y'all at least get to take the trip to Three Hills, if ya still want the job when we get there, it will be yours."
[] 11:44 am: " I have no love for this place, the less I have to loiter around the better"
[] 11:45 am: " Besides money is allways welcome"
[Lazarus] 11:45 am: "Sounds like a spacer to me."
[Lazarus] 11:45 am: As soon as the cargo is loaded, you take off for Three Hills
[Lazarus] 11:46 am: "So tell me, what makes a real doctor sign on with a tramp freighter?" Sharon asks you a couple days out of Regina.
[] 11:47 am: "Captain was right, calling me a spacer and all that."
[] 11:48 am: " This is what I aimed for when I became a doctor."
[Lazarus] 11:49 am: "Really now? More money in the Core."
[] 11:49 am: "I never liked staying around for too long, Must be because I had no "home" even when I was a kid."
[] 11:49 am: "This is what my parents did, even when i was a kid."
[Lazarus] 11:50 am: "Well sounds like you will fit in nice with us, cause we never stop moving."
[] 11:50 am: "Besides having a degree and being an actual doctor is alot different, in the core you need relations."
[] 11:51 am: " I wish my luck doesn't get in the way."
[Lazarus] 11:51 am: "Yeah ain't that the way? All the money in the 'Verse and you still need connections. Uppity bunch of fei fei de pi yan." (Baboon's ass cracks)
[Lazarus] 11:52 am: "Well you are with a lucky bunch now. At least Kenner thinks so,"
[Lazarus] 11:52 am: "Getting late, time to turn in, see you in the morning."
[] 11:52 am: "Right, see ya"
[Lazarus] 11:53 am: You wander aftwards and see Jason and Cindy talking outside of engineering
[Lazarus] 11:54 am: "Hello Zack. Turning in? Days can be long in the Black." Jason says.
[] 11:54 am: "Yeah thats right. Not as long as on the surface though."
[Lazarus] 11:55 am: "You know gearheads. Cindy and I are just talkin' about fixin' things. Keepin' the old girl flyin' and all."
[] 11:55 am: "I can imagine"
[] 11:55 am: "By the way, I hope you weren't all that interested the medical stuff."
[Lazarus] 11:55 am: "True enough, got more things to do dirtside, but can't stay there too long. Good night."
[Lazarus] 11:56 am: "Well it was just cause."
[Lazarus] 11:56 am: "I mean gettin' blood all over ya is just different from gettin' oil all over ya."
[] 11:56 am: "Well atleast now you can consentrate on what you do best."
[Lazarus] 11:57 am: "But somebody had to do it. I'm newest on the crew, so that's how I got stuck with it."
[Lazarus] 11:57 am: "Well, hey now, I ain't newest, so yeah, y'all can keep the job."
[] 11:57 am: "Well one things for sure, I wont be meddling around your machines. I barely know anything apart."
[Lazarus] 11:58 am: "Fair enough."
[] 11:58 am: "Anyways, i'll be going now."
[Lazarus] 11:58 am: "Night"
[Lazarus] 11:58 am: You part with the two and head down the aft stairs and to your cabin
[Lazarus] 11:58 am: You read a bit and settle in for the night
[Lazarus] 11:59 am: After only a few hours, you are starled out of sleep by a shout over the intercom.
[Lazarus] 12:00 pm: "Ren ci de fou zi HANG ON TO SOMETHING!" Comes Alice's near panicked voice
[Lazarus] 12:00 pm: You barely have time to sit up when there is a rending sound and alarms
[Lazarus] 12:01 pm: You are pitched violently out of bed and across the cabin
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 12]: Forgotten.Curse has left at 12:01 pm+
[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: You have the odd thought before you hit the bulkhead. "Guess Kenner was wrong."
[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: You lay there in some other place, you remember playing with a kitten from when you were a boy
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: A girl you liked in high schoo
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: Completing medical schoo;
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: a whirl of places and faces
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: then you hear a god awful pounding
[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: you realize it is your head
[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: "anything broken?"
[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: "No"
[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: "Concussion?"
[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: "No doubt"
[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: "Why is my neck asleep?"
[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: You risk opening your eyes and find you are upside down in a tangle of the bed covers
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: You try to remember what happened, but it won't come
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: "Damn concussion confirmed."
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: "I hope the others are okay."
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: "Oh crap the others!"
[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: And I'm going to say, that will be about all you know as you regain consciousness