Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 9:47 am+
[Lazarus] 9:47 am: Welcome to P&PG Chat.
[Lazarus] 9:48 am: I created room "Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11"
[General Chatter]: has left at 9:48 am+
Welcome! You have entered [Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11] at 9:48 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: has entered at 9:48 am+
[Lazarus] 9:49 am: Good evening Z, how is school going?
[Lazarus] 9:49 am: Hi Dread, you are welcome to lurk if you like
[] 9:49 am: well the tests are done finally
[] 9:49 am: *lurk,lurk,lurk*
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: has entered at 9:49 am+
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: has entered at 9:50 am+
[Lazarus] 9:50 am: Hi star
[Lazarus] 9:50 am: tests being done is good
[] 9:50 am: though the start of the new period is always shit
[] 9:50 am: hey, some new players? missed last week due to being Comcasticated
[] 9:50 am: Hello
[Lazarus] 9:50 am: All the teachers trying to outdo each other with how much homework they can assign?
[] 9:51 am: Well nah, but have to buy books and such
[Lazarus] 9:51 am: star, meet Z, he is a new player
[] 9:51 am: hey Z
[Lazarus] 9:51 am: He's using Ray, the medic right now until we can introduce his own PC
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: has entered at 9:51 am+
[] 9:51 am: and all the big assingmets are given in the start so you could do them for a long time
[] 9:51 am: ok cool
[] 9:51 am: Yeah my pc isint done yet....
[] 9:51 am: Which is very very stupid of me
[Lazarus] 9:52 am: Well, you were busy
[] 9:52 am: its not that i havent had the time, its just that all this stuff made me forget
[] 9:52 am: Hey guys
[Lazarus] 9:52 am: scholl has got to be the priority
[Lazarus] 9:52 am: hey gabel
[] 9:54 am: also im probably not able to attend at 21st
[] 9:54 am: 28th wont be a problem
[Lazarus] 9:54 am: Anyone what to spend any XP before we start? Last chance.
[] 9:54 am: I wont be able to make From the 15th Laz
[] 9:54 am: it*
[Lazarus] 9:55 am: next game is the 14th, is that a problem?
[] 9:55 am: No thats fine i just wont be able to make any game past the 15th until after christmas
[Lazarus] 9:55 am: That's about what I was figuring, so that's no problem
[] 9:56 am: I should not be busy on the 14th unless something pops up but then i would give you further notice later if something like that happens otherwise im all ready for next week as well :)
[Lazarus] 9:56 am: I pretty much planned on the 21st and 28th being a wash, so we can take back up on 4 Janaury
[] 9:57 am: fine by me
[] 9:57 am: the family is all here in 21st so i would rather not spend too much time on my computer
[Lazarus] 9:58 am: Te holidays are always tough on campaigns, so disruption is inevitable
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: Throol has entered at 9:58 am+
[Lazarus] 9:58 am: Hello THrool
[Lazarus] 9:58 am: just waiting on monster and we are all here
[Throol] 9:59 am: Hey. Before I forget, I'll need to leave early next week, have a doctor's appt
[Lazarus] 9:59 am: Anyone have any questions or wish to spend any XP?
[Lazarus] 10:00 am: Ok Throol, we were just discussing the holiday schedule. As it stands, we will meet next week 14 Dec, and then take a break until 4 January
[] 10:00 am: works for me
[Lazarus] 10:00 am: cool
[Lazarus] 10:00 am: I will recap last week's events
[Lazarus] 10:00 am: Gabel, is Rein on skype?
[Lazarus] 10:01 am: You guys competed for a job from a rther excentric businessman named Mortdechai Kenner
[] 10:01 am: Not from what i can see
[Lazarus] 10:01 am: kk
[Lazarus] 10:01 am: He believed in giving jobs to the lucky
[Lazarus] 10:02 am: you guys came in second in the challenge and watched the winning ship the Brass Monkey depart with the cargo
[Lazarus] 10:02 am: three days later, Kenner called you to his office with a problem
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: Through backdoor channels, he found out the Brass Monkey sent a garbled distress call and disappeared
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: He was in a bind and needed a replacement cargo shipped immediately to meet a deadline
[Lazarus] 10:04 am: He also offered you a substantial bonus to recover the missing cargo
[Lazarus] 10:04 am: you agreed and headed for the planet Three Hills
[Lazarus] 10:04 am: after four days, Alex detected an odd rebooting of the nav signal
[Lazarus] 10:05 am: at the very last second he found you were in an asteroid belt
[Lazarus] 10:05 am: something impossible as the navigation lanes are clearly marked and swept of asteroids
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: he attempted to pull up to avoid the asteroid in your path and failed
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: you crashed and sustained very heavy damage
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: Boomer had just got primary power online when you detected a small surveyor class ship approaching
[Lazarus] 10:07 am: it was not quite in detection range and you needed thrusters to move in order to keep the asteroid between you and the surveyor
[Lazarus] 10:07 am: That was the end of the session
[Lazarus] 10:07 am: And now...
[Lazarus] 10:08 am: Sereity: From the Ashes - Session 11. GM - Lazarus, Players - Gabel, Zeenix, starjunky, Throol, and visitor DreadWraith
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: monster87 has entered at 10:08 am+
[monster87] 10:08 am: hi
[Lazarus] 10:08 am: And here is Boomer, cool
[] 10:09 am: hi
[monster87] 10:09 am: sorry im l8
[Lazarus] 10:09 am: Hey, glad you made it, I didn't do too well rolling for star, so I'm glad you are here to roll for Boomer's 'do or die' repair roll
[Lazarus] 10:09 am: Ship crashed, you just got main power online
[monster87] 10:09 am: o god, wut happened
[monster87] 10:10 am: hmm
[monster87] 10:10 am: mech eng?
[Lazarus] 10:10 am: you need to get thrusters working so Alex can avoid detection by approaching small ship
[Lazarus] 10:10 am: yes
[Lazarus] 10:10 am: int+mech eng
[monster87] 10:10 am: target?
[Lazarus] 10:11 am: ah, but you don't know. You do know the ship is heavily damaged and you don't have much time
[monster87] 10:11 am: with 2 plot points then
[monster87] 10:11 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10+1d4)
[monster87] 10:11 am:

-> 1d12 (3)+ 1d10 (4)+ 1d4 (4) = 11


[Lazarus] 10:11 am: kk
[Lazarus] 10:12 am: Alex sees the "Thrusters Nominal" indicator illuminate on the bridge
[] 10:12 am: "nice work, Boomer!
[monster87] 10:12 am: "of course ;)"
[Lazarus] 10:13 am: now, you need to roll your piloting. However as the ship is damaged, even with your born behind the wheel, the ship's agility is only d4
[Lazarus] 10:13 am: So d4+d12+d4 and any plot points you may wish to use
[] 10:14 am: ( do d4+ d12+d4?
[] 10:14 am: (yeah, use 2 pp
[] 10:14 am: starts rolling some dice: (d4+d12+d4+d4)
[] 10:14 am:

-> 1d4 (4)+ 1d12 (2)+ 1d4 (2)+ 1d4 (3) = 11


[] 10:15 am: ( i do that right? extra d4 for 2pp
[Lazarus] 10:15 am: The Fire Angel lurches drunkenly and manages to hug the asteroid, keeping the large rock between you and the other ship.
[Lazarus] 10:15 am: Yes you did star
[] 10:15 am: "come on Angel, work with me here!
[Lazarus] 10:17 am: You wait holding your breath, waiting, waiting, waiting, but no sign of the other ship
[Lazarus] 10:18 am: Sensors appear to be offline. You can coax somethinf out of them in passive mode with a base piloting roll d6+ plot points
[] 10:19 am: (ok 2 more pp then
[Lazarus] 10:19 am: kk
[] 10:19 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[] 10:19 am:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d4 (1) = 4


[] 10:19 am: (down to 2 pp
[Lazarus] 10:19 am: you barely detect the surveyor heading deeper into the asteroid field
[Lazarus] 10:20 am: starts rolling some dice: (d3)
[Lazarus] 10:20 am:

-> 1d3 (3)


[Lazarus] 10:20 am: however, both Boomer and ALex gain 3 plot points for overcoming a challenge
[] 10:20 am: (schweet
[monster87] 10:20 am: :)
[Lazarus] 10:21 am: You now have a couple choices
[Lazarus] 10:21 am: you can investigate, you can stay where you are and do some repairs, or you can run
[monster87] 10:21 am: well in any case I'll start some repairs
[] 10:22 am: Repairs
[] 10:22 am: *Ace lights a cig to aclm his frazzled nerves
[Lazarus] 10:22 am: The situation has damaged everyone's level of comfortableness
[] 10:23 am: Was anyone besides boomer injured?
[] 10:23 am: Boomer the ships hurt we need to get her operational if were gonna catch these gorram bandits
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:23 am: Even though there are no hull breeches, there is extensive hull damage, you will need shipyard to repair that damage
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:24 am: And you know that will be expensive
[] 10:24 am: At least now we know what happened to the Brass monkey
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:24 am: you are looking at a coule hours of repairs, to get the ship to nominal operating status
[monster87] 10:25 am: * makes a bit hurt sound * "Cap'n the ship is badly wounded, worse than me. I'll need a shipyard to repair the hull. I can however do some work to get the ship back on nominal operating status.. but it'll take a couple of hours"
[Lazarus] 10:25 am: (That's the Ray's earlier ministrations, no one is in immediate need of medical assistance)
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:25 am: even though I said nominal operating status, I actually have no idea what that means exactly :P
[Throol] 10:25 am: Ian on the conn "What the fucck is going on up there?!"
[monster87] 10:26 am: (I guess I'm still sayin this over the con, since I'm not up to walkin atm)
[] 10:26 am: Do it boomer we need whatevery systems we can back online
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:26 am: getting ride of the two step penalty for being over 50% damage
[] 10:26 am: "want me to lend Boomer a hand? or man the bridge just in case? ( have d4 in mech eng
[monster87] 10:26 am: "If possible I'd like a hand from someone able to move properly, preferably ace since he has the hands to hold tools deftly enough
[Lazarus->monster87] 10:27 am: all ship's stats are at -2 steps because of the damage
[] 10:27 am: Ill take the helm until he gets back then get down there alex
[monster87->Lazarus] 10:27 am: * looks around and decides where to start fixing *
[monster87] 10:27 am: * sigh --- looks around and decides where to start fixing *
[Lazarus] 10:28 am: Because of the extensive damage, the ship is currently at -2 step penalty to ALL stats
[] 10:28 am: "aye Cap'n, on my way to help Boomer then
[Lazarus] 10:28 am: Repairing the ship will be a complex action of Int+mech eng/repairs
[Lazarus] 10:28 am: alex, you can help boomer with the highest roll of the two of you counting
[Lazarus] 10:29 am: botches add time
[monster87] 10:29 am: (this reminds me of the scene in firefly where Kaylee is sitting on the ground wounded and ordering someone (Jane?) around
[Lazarus] 10:29 am: two botches breaks something
[] 10:29 am: (yikes
[monster87] 10:29 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 10:29 am:

-> 1d12 (2)+ 1d10 (9) = 11


[Lazarus] 10:29 am: (Yep, Jane and Book in the pilot)
[] 10:29 am: (int d6, mech eng d4
[Lazarus] 10:29 am: hold on
[Lazarus] 10:29 am: That is a good first roll
[monster87] 10:29 am: you can't get higher than 11 with that alex
[Lazarus] 10:30 am: however, everyone, roll Int+perception
[] 10:30 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[] 10:30 am:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d6 (6) = 10


[monster87] 10:30 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d112+1d4)
[monster87] 10:30 am:

-> 1d112 (67)+ 1d4 (4) = 71


[Lazarus] 10:30 am: nice
[monster87] 10:30 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d4)
[monster87] 10:30 am:

-> 1d12 (2)+ 1d4 (4) = 6


[] 10:30 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[] 10:30 am:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d6 (3) = 5


[] 10:30 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 10:30 am:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d6 (4) = 7


[monster87] 10:30 am: 71 not bad right :P
[Lazarus->] 10:30 am: Has anyone looked at your shuttle?
[->Lazarus] 10:30 am: The working one ?
[Lazarus->] 10:31 am: yes
[] 10:31 am: (I think you got distracted by a close by atom flying past)
[->Lazarus] 10:31 am: I usually take rounds around the ship normally but not now no
[Lazarus] 10:31 am: Each of the repair rolls represents ten minutes of work, your target is 55
[monster87] 10:32 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 10:32 am:

-> 1d12 (11)+ 1d10 (8) = 19


[monster87] 10:32 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 10:32 am:

-> 1d12 (8)+ 1d10 (2) = 10


[Lazarus] 10:32 am: As Boomer and Alex work, what do the rest of you decide to do?
[monster87] 10:32 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 10:32 am:

-> 1d12 (7)+ 1d10 (2) = 9


[monster87] 10:32 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 10:32 am:

-> 1d12 (7)+ 1d10 (4) = 11


[->Lazarus] 10:32 am: Well i guess im gonna take a look at the shuttle
[monster87] 10:32 am: ok got it in 50 minutes
[] 10:32 am: (so since I can't beat 11, do I even need to roll?
[monster87] 10:32 am: (nope)
[->Lazarus] 10:32 am: Or order Ian to do it
[Lazarus] 10:32 am: You can hand her tools
[] 10:33 am: (lol
[Lazarus] 10:33 am: and probably check out her pi gu
[monster87] 10:33 am: yeah Thanks to you I can use my full 1d10 for mech eng :P
[] 10:33 am: *Contacting Ian on coms* Ian can you go check on the shuttle
[Lazarus] 10:34 am: (well technically, it's thanks to me. target was 19 and I rolled 7)
[->Lazarus] 10:34 am: Tbh i forget those things because i automaticly assume when people make repair rolls its for the ship as a whole including the shuttles and cargo
[Throol] 10:34 am: "Will do - what am I looking for?" Heads out keeping conn in hand for answer.
[] 10:35 am: *On coms* Just check for damages wear a vac suite just incase ian
[Lazarus->Throol] 10:36 am: Your operational shuttle is intact and undamaged
[Lazarus] 10:37 am: As John mentioned, you probably know what happened to the Brass Monkey, but Kenner offered you a lot of money to recover his missing shipment
[Lazarus] 10:37 am: Money that will go a long way toward paying for the repairs the ship has sustained
[] 10:38 am: *on coms* If she is operational we can follow the gorram ship to their hideout while boomer and Alex take care of repairs
[monster87] 10:38 am: but wasn't it only to locate it, cuz we don't have enough space to recover it?
[] 10:38 am: Who says we cant steal the Brass monkey and drive it to a planet
[] 10:38 am: ^^
[] 10:39 am: We have no idea what happened to the brass monkey if the ships still operational we can drive both ships back if we are able to.
[Throol] 10:39 am: On conn: "The shuttle's undamaged."
[] 10:40 am: *On coms alright ian im on my way*
[] 10:40 am: *On coms* The Shuttle is undamaged i suggest boomer gets our girl operational while we follow the other ship back to its operating position so we can hit them once we are back on our feet
[monster87] 10:41 am: * working on it *
[] 10:41 am: "Fine by me cap'n"
[] 10:41 am: Alex we are going to need your piloting skills i will help boomer Ian you go with Alex
[Throol] 10:42 am: "So where am I going? The bridge?"
[] 10:42 am: *Heads down to engineering to take over for alex handing tools and whatnot*
[] 10:42 am: *On coms* Recon Ian with alex in the shuttle keep him safe incase something happens
[Lazarus->] 10:42 am: you might want to tag along, someone might be hurt
[->Lazarus] 10:42 am: Im guessing my plan is not far off from what you were hinting at ?
[->Lazarus] 10:42 am: Yeah, thats what i thought
[] 10:43 am: "ok Boss
[Lazarus->] 10:43 am: you never knoe :-)
[] 10:43 am: "I'm going with, incase you guys get into trouble."
[monster87] 10:43 am: "good luck alex"
[] 10:44 am: Alright ray i will keep her safe i have basic medical training if something needs stitching and your not here
[Throol] 10:45 am: "Alright, though without some arrow slits, I'm not gonna be much use protecting from what's out there."
[] 10:45 am: *On Coms* Remember Recon Only do not engage targets come back to the ship once you figure out were they are going.
[] 10:45 am: *Grabs stuff and heads for the shuttle*
[] 10:47 am: *On Coms* If you do manage to detect the Brass monkey infiltrate their base of operations and drive her back here if you are able to but try and stay undetected if you can
[Lazarus] 10:48 am: (Okay, in checking all the character sheets, I see exactly one vacc suit)
[] 10:49 am: (Am i the only one who bought a fecking vac suit?)
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: has left at 10:49 am+
[] 10:49 am: (I've got one
[Throol] 10:49 am: (I don't generally go EV - I'm a merc, not a mechanic)
[Lazarus] 10:49 am: (only one I saw was on star's sheet, I didn't see one on john's)
[] 10:50 am: What sheet you looking at ?
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: (I'll fess to it probably being an old one)
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: (Okay two suits, three on the shuttle, this should be FUN)
[] 10:51 am: Then I wont let Ray go
[Lazarus] 10:51 am: (coughplotpointscough)
[] 10:52 am: Oh look theres another Vac suit under the bed here
[] 10:53 am: Zeenix you know you can do stuff like that right ?
[Lazarus] 10:53 am: (a fully operational one is going to be expensive, at 6, one with issues would be 3, one that will make for no end of GM glee would be 2)
[] 10:54 am: Well i know now
[] 10:54 am: Well heck i bought a fully operational shuttle first thing i did with my plot points when i found out we did not even have a shuttle
[Lazarus] 10:54 am: (Yes, plot points allow for scene edits)
[] 10:54 am: (Alright)
[Lazarus] 10:54 am: (You had three shutles, only they needed work, your plot points superceeded that)
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: has left at 10:55 am+
[] 10:55 am: A working shuttle then
[] 10:55 am: .
[Lazarus] 10:55 am: (I know I mistyped above, so how many points are you going to spend 6/4/2?)
[Lazarus] 10:56 am: Z?
[] 10:57 am: Hmm how many do i have
[Lazarus] 10:57 am: 6
[] 10:57 am: You start with 6 every session
[] 10:57 am: in that case 4
[Lazarus] 10:57 am: (you do earn them doing things like boomer and alex did)
[Lazarus] 10:57 am: ok
[] 10:58 am: (allright i thought they would carry over)
[Lazarus] 10:58 am: You board the shuttle and the three of you setle in. Ray sees Alex and Ian arrive with vacc suits and gets a uneasy feeling
[Lazarus] 10:59 am: Ray poke around the shuttle and he finds one in a locker in the back, it's obviously be patched a couple times
[] 10:59 am: You okay there boomer doc said you got pretty banged up back there *walking into engineering*
[Lazarus] 10:59 am: The air supply is charged, and you find a roll of patch tape in the pocket, so you figure, it will have to do
[monster87] 11:00 am: "I'm ok Cap'n, getting her fixed"
[Lazarus] 11:00 am: (Since you are going to be away from the ship...what gear is Alex, Ian, and Ray taking?)
[] 11:00 am: Ill take all my medical supplies and a pistol
[] 11:01 am: (There is no sence in wearing armor under a vac suit right?)
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:01 am: you are only down 1 hit point after being treated. call it a nice cut on your forehead
[] 11:01 am: *sense
[Throol] 11:01 am: I take basically everything as usual, I travel light
[Lazarus] 11:01 am: (correct)
[Lazarus] 11:01 am: (no armor in a vacc suit, no room. They do have armoed vacc suits, but you'd have to buy one)
[] 11:02 am: (vacc suit, pistol, and knife
[] 11:02 am: (alright then thats what ill go with)
[->Lazarus] 11:03 am: Bah i kinda wanted to go with them but someone has to pilot the ship if things go sour.
[Lazarus] 11:03 am: (The thre men seal the shuttle and lift off
[] 11:03 am: (afk a bit, wife needs help
[Lazarus] 11:04 am: Alex piloting roll d12 for shuttle with your born behind the wheel and d6 for base skill
[Lazarus] 11:04 am: starts rolling some dice: (d12+d6)
[Lazarus] 11:04 am:

-> 1d12 (9)+ 1d6 (5) = 14


[Lazarus] 11:05 am: Alex shadows the surveyor and stays just at the edge of passive detection range
[Lazarus] 11:05 am: The surveyor takes it's time, but is clearly heading for the largest asteroid in the field
[Lazarus] 11:06 am: starts rolling some dice: (d12+d6;d12+d6;d12+d6)
[Lazarus] 11:06 am:

-> 1d12 (12)+ 1d6 (3) = 15

-> 1d12 (12)+ 1d6 (2) = 14

-> 1d12 (5)+ 1d6 (2) = 7


[] 11:06 am: (back
[Lazarus] 11:07 am: moving slowly, Alex reaches the asteroid undetected
[Lazarus] 11:08 am: Alex had to touch down below the horizon of the asteroid to avoid detection. He could detect a solid heat wash ahead, puting the shuttle down roughly half a mile away from the source
[Lazarus->] 11:08 am: This is very true
[] 11:09 am: "we're about half a mile from the source of the heat wash, folks. what now?
[Lazarus] 11:09 am: One the shuttle shuts down. The three of you must decide what you wish to do next
[] 11:11 am: "Should we go investigate? What if we are spotted?
[Lazarus] 11:12 am: (Reaching the heat source will be an Average Complex Action - 35, of agility + survival)
[Lazarus] 11:12 am: (each roll will ake five minutes off your six hour air supply)
[] 11:12 am: ( got d10 agil, d8 space surv
[Lazarus] 11:13 am: (yes, you do)
[] 11:13 am: (That would be D8+D4 for me)
[Lazarus] 11:13 am: (Same for Ian)
[] 11:13 am: (If i dont get penalty for my vac suit
[Lazarus] 11:13 am: (not IN space)
[] 11:13 am: (Ok)
[Lazarus] 11:14 am: Does anyone investigate and if so, who goes?
[Throol] 11:14 am: d8+d4
[Throol] 11:14 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4)
[Throol] 11:14 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d4 (4) = 6


[] 11:14 am: " I vote we at least try to check 'er out
[Lazarus] 11:14 am: okay ianis obviously going
[] 11:14 am: Well Ian seems to have volunteered
[Lazarus->] 11:15 am: The flight to the rock took about 20 minutes, so you still have 30 minutes before ship is jury rigged
[] 11:16 am: starts rolling some dice: (5d10+d8)
[] 11:16 am:

-> 5d10 (3,7,1,10,3 = 24) + 1d8 (1) = 25


[Lazarus->monster87] 11:16 am: trip to asteroid took 20 minutes, you still have 30 minutes to go
[Lazarus] 11:17 am: hmmm
[] 11:17 am: (oops, wring
[] 11:17 am: ( how do I do mulitple (d10+d8) ?
[->Lazarus] 11:17 am: Im guessing that was not for me
[Lazarus] 11:17 am: just roll one at a time, botches have consequences
[Lazarus] 11:18 am: however the aswer is /roll d10+d8; d10+d8 etc
[Lazarus->] 11:18 am: yes it was, you are both doing the repairs
[] 11:18 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d8)
[] 11:18 am:

-> 1d10 (6)+ 1d8 (1) = 7


[Lazarus] 11:19 am: so I need a roll form Ray as well
[] 11:19 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d8;d10+d8;d10+d8)
[] 11:19 am:

-> 1d10 (1)+ 1d8 (4) = 5

-> 1d10 (1)+ 1d8 (5) = 6

-> 1d10 (3)+ 1d8 (4) = 7


[] 11:19 am: (omg
[Lazarus] 11:19 am: that's a total of 25
[Lazarus] 11:19 am: need rols from Ian and Ray
[] 11:20 am: agi and survival?
[Lazarus] 11:20 am: yes
[] 11:20 am: starts rolling some dice: (D8+D4)
[] 11:20 am:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d4 (1) = 4


[] 11:20 am: fantastic
[Throol] 11:20 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)
[Throol] 11:20 am:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d4 (3) = 6


[Lazarus] 11:21 am: you can save time with using /roll d8+d4; d8+d4
[] 11:21 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4;d8+d4)
[] 11:21 am:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d4 (4) = 5

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d4 (3) = 9


[->Lazarus] 11:21 am: Ah i thought you meant rock as in the rock they were at
[Lazarus] 11:21 am: target number is 35
[Lazarus] 11:22 am: current numbers Ihave are 12 Ian, 25 Alex, 18 Ray
[] 11:22 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d8;d10+d8;d10+d8)
[] 11:22 am:

-> 1d10 (9)+ 1d8 (7) = 16

-> 1d10 (6)+ 1d8 (7) = 13

-> 1d10 (8)+ 1d8 (4) = 12


[Lazarus] 11:22 am: overacheiver
[] 11:22 am: (lol
[Lazarus] 11:22 am: the first one got you there
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: total of five rolls or 25 minutes
[] 11:23 am: (so 25 mins of air used?
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: (yes)
[] 11:23 am: (k, brb
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: need more rolls from Ian and Ray
[Throol] 11:23 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)
[Throol] 11:23 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d4 (4) = 6


[] 11:23 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4;d8+d4;d8+d4)
[] 11:23 am:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d4 (4) = 8

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d4 (1) = 3

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d4 (4) = 9


[Lazarus] 11:24 am: Ray is there in six rolls
[Lazarus] 11:24 am: Ian is still only at 18, keep rolling
[Lazarus] 11:25 am: (However, because of the condition of your suit, Ray has used 45 minutes of air instead of 30)
[Throol] 11:26 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)
[Throol] 11:26 am:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d4 (2) = 4


[] 11:26 am: (Fair enough)
[Lazarus] 11:27 am: Ian is up to 22, target is still 35
[Throol] 11:27 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4)
[Throol] 11:27 am:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d4 (2) = 5


[Throol] 11:27 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4)
[Throol] 11:27 am:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d4 (1) = 9


[Lazarus] 11:27 am: that does it
[Lazarus] 11:28 am: A total of 30 minutes
[Lazarus] 11:28 am: On reaching the compound, the Crew spots the badly damaged Brass Monkey being scavenged, the small surveyor type ship, a second larger ship that is largely obscured by the base, which is obviously the center of operations, consisting of what looks like a survival shelter made from several of what looks to be standard cargo containers in a cruciform configuration.
[] 11:30 am: "I think we should go and inform the captain right about now"
[] 11:30 am: any movement visible?
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:30 am: the ship is repaired enough not tohave the penalty
[Throol] 11:30 am: (so how much air do we have left?)
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:30 am: still needs yard work though
[Lazarus->] 11:30 am: the ship is now repaired enough not to have the penalty
[Lazarus] 11:31 am: (5.5 hours for Ian and Alex, 5.25 for Ray)
[->Lazarus] 11:31 am: Okay i have to ask can we leave a crybaby at this location to inform local authorities then activate it to lure them out of base range ?
[Lazarus] 11:32 am: While there are several space suited figures are working on the Brass Monkey, no one else seems to be visible.
[->Lazarus] 11:32 am: Basically i have Boomer retrofit a crybaby then leave it here
[Lazarus] 11:32 am: roll int+perception for the three of you
[Throol] 11:32 am: Does it look like there's a way to get to the ships/shelter without being seen?
[Throol] 11:33 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 11:33 am:

-> 2d6 (1,6 = 7)


[] 11:33 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 11:33 am:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d6 (4) = 7


[] 11:33 am: Laz *pm*
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: tranc has left at 11:33 am+
[Lazarus->] 11:33 am: you can leave a cry baby, but you know the only people likey to respond are the people who left the trap
[] 11:33 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[] 11:33 am:

-> 1d6 (4)+ 1d6 (3) = 7


[->Lazarus] 11:33 am: Exactly but they will be lured out this will give the others time to sneak in
[->Lazarus] 11:33 am: Right ?
[Lazarus->] 11:33 am: If you try to sneak back and return, you will run the risk of dection both ways
[Lazarus->Throol] 11:34 am: if you try and sneak out and come back, you run the risk of detection both ways
[Lazarus->] 11:34 am: well, you know they only thing they sent was the surveyor
[Throol->Lazarus] 11:35 am: So in other words, no good path.
[->Lazarus] 11:35 am: okay i want to try this
[Lazarus->] 11:35 am: If you try and leave and come back, you run the risk of detection both ways
[Lazarus->] 11:36 am: however, how do you know to do this?
[->Lazarus] 11:36 am: Leave a crybaby and have it look like an alliance patrole cruiser has been hit
[Lazarus->Throol] 11:36 am: just saying leaving and coming back would cause you to thave to go through everything again
[Lazarus->Throol] 11:36 am: the three of you are here now
[] 11:36 am: ( I assume we have built-in comms in our vacc suits?
[Lazarus->] 11:36 am: and again, why would you do that?
[->Lazarus] 11:37 am: For insurance the crybaby can be activated from range right
[Lazarus] 11:37 am: (yes, you can talk between yourselves)
[Lazarus->] 11:37 am: you can certainly leave a crybaby if you like
[->Lazarus] 11:37 am: So if we run into trouble later
[Lazarus->] 11:37 am: ok
[] 11:38 am: we risk being seen both ways Ray. Anybody have comms capable of reaching the Angel?
[Lazarus] 11:38 am: You do know recovering Kenner's cargo is the only way to get the bonus
[Lazarus] 11:39 am: (no, suit comms will not go that far and you'd run the risk of detection)
[Throol] 11:40 am: (I should still have my regular comm)
[Lazarus] 11:40 am: the three on the asteroid roll alert+perception again
[] 11:40 am: "We told captain that we'd just go do a recon run, but we dont have vac-suits for everyone to go at the same time"
[] 11:40 am: ?roll d6+d6
[] 11:40 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[] 11:40 am:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d6 (2) = 3


[Throol] 11:40 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 11:40 am:

-> 2d6 (3,1 = 4)


[] 11:40 am: Actualy i told you to get the brass monkey if possible get the cargo as long as you remain undetected while doing it
[] 11:41 am: (oh, my bad.)
[Throol->Lazarus] 11:41 am: So there is a good path??
[Lazarus] 11:41 am: (Z, roll 2d6)
[] 11:41 am: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[] 11:41 am:

-> 2d6 (2,5 = 7)


[Lazarus->Throol] 11:41 am: up to you
[] 11:42 am: Recon being following them back to their base and if possible get the brass monkey back.
[Lazarus->] 11:42 am: The Brass Monkey is badly damaged, especially on the port side, but there could be survivors
[->Lazarus] 11:43 am: ok
[->Lazarus] 11:44 am: By the way how large is this asteroid field ?
[Throol->Lazarus] 11:44 am: That's why I'm asking - I am looking to see if I see a good path to take
[->Lazarus] 11:44 am: From what i know or can detect
[] 11:44 am: "I guess we're going in then?"
[Lazarus] 11:44 am: The base seems to be five standard cargo containers, one on each of the cardinal compass points all attached to a central hub
[Lazarus->] 11:45 am: twenty odd
[Lazarus->Throol] 11:45 am: you can try agility + covert
[Lazarus->Throol] 11:46 am: no one seems tohave noticed you to this point
[->Lazarus] 11:46 am: Okay
[Throol] 11:47 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Throol] 11:47 am:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d6 (2) = 9


[->Lazarus] 11:47 am: Would i be able to pilot through it to try and find out were the shuttle went ?
[->Lazarus] 11:47 am: Im guessing if a survey ship got through it the Fire angel should be able to
[Lazarus] 11:48 am: Without a word, Ian begins sneaking toward the base
[] 11:48 am: "Right..."
[Lazarus->] 11:48 am: survey ship was a lot smaller
[->Lazarus] 11:48 am: Ahhh
[Lazarus->] 11:48 am: as was the shuttle
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: Narayan has left at 11:49 am+
[] 11:49 am: "Uhh... Go with?"
[Lazarus] 11:49 am: keeping the base between him and the three ships, Ian reaches the base undetected
[Lazarus] 11:49 am: Up to you and Alex, what you want to do
[] 11:50 am: "yeah, lets shadow Ian
[] 11:50 am: "we should go one at a time
[Lazarus] 11:50 am: agility + covert/stealth
[] 11:50 am: "You first."
[] 11:50 am: "heh, no prpblem
[Lazarus->] 11:50 am: figure it can be done, but will take some serious piloting
[] 11:50 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10)
[] 11:50 am:

-> 1d10 (4)


[] 11:50 am: (no covert
[Lazarus->] 11:50 am: and a mistake could leave your damaged ship crippled
[->Lazarus] 11:50 am: Yeah im not going to risk that with an already damaged ship
[->Lazarus] 11:51 am: But i will get that crybaby setup in the mean time
[Lazarus] 11:51 am: despite being as stealthy as a herd of elephants, Alex reaches the base as well
[Lazarus->] 11:52 am: kk
[] 11:52 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d8)
[] 11:52 am:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d8 (7) = 12


[] 11:52 am: (nice)
[Lazarus] 11:52 am: moving like a ninja, Ray reaches the base unseen as well
[] 11:53 am: "next time, i should go first."
[Lazarus] 11:53 am: This close to the installation, you can see a second smaller structure next to the base with heavy cables running between the two
[] 11:55 am: "You guys have any idea what that might be?"
[Lazarus] 11:56 am: int+knowledge or int+mech eng
[] 11:56 am: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 11:56 am:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (6) = 14


[] 11:57 am: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[] 11:57 am:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d4 (2) = 8


[Throol->Lazarus] 11:57 am: Is there an entrance to the base here?
[->Lazarus] 11:57 am: Well its to late now i dont know what their doing or getting into
[Lazarus->] 11:58 am: Looks the main power generator for the base
[Lazarus->] 11:58 am: looks like the main power generator for the base
[Lazarus->Throol] 11:59 am: you can see an airlock on the central hub
[->Lazarus] 11:59 am: Thing is though people arent buying stuff
[] 11:59 am: ".... Those cables, looks like powercables going into the base. It must be the power generator"
[->Lazarus] 11:59 am: Their all ill equipped
[] 11:59 am: "my guess would be its main power gen for the base
[Lazarus->] 12:00 pm: aren't spending xp either
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: monster87 has left at 12:00 pm+
[->Lazarus] 12:00 pm: Im saving for a good reason
[->Lazarus] 12:00 pm: My agility is way to low i hamper more then i help
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: monster87 has entered at 12:00 pm+
[monster87] 12:00 pm: (sorry got dc)
[] 12:00 pm: "my guess that taking their lights out would make sneaking in alot easier."
[] 12:00 pm: "Would alert them though."
[->Lazarus] 12:01 pm: Frankly the past three games have been bad for me all the things i tried to do mostly failed
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:01 pm: How far off is it?
[->Lazarus] 12:01 pm: (Bad rolls obviously)
[Throol] 12:01 pm: Ian gestures to the others to be quiet
[Lazarus->] 12:01 pm: sometimes the cat eats the mouse and sometimes the mouse eats the cat
[Lazarus->] 12:01 pm: luck is by it's very nature variable
[->Lazarus] 12:01 pm: Exactly
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:02 pm: maybe ten meters
[->Lazarus] 12:02 pm: But the Agility descision was based on how much it is linked to
[->Lazarus] 12:02 pm: i was not actualy aware it was linked to so much during character creation
[Lazarus->] 12:02 pm: you also have some great other stats
[Lazarus->] 12:02 pm: there is no dump stat in cortex
[->Lazarus] 12:03 pm: True but during every session with you Agility has been a major factor
[->Lazarus] 12:03 pm: I hardly ever use Willpower as a stat
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:03 pm: Does it look like I could get over there without being too exposed?
[->Lazarus] 12:03 pm: Int is used alot
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: loudriver23 has left at 12:03 pm+
[Lazarus->] 12:03 pm: just circumstances on the willpower, it is vey useful
[->Lazarus] 12:03 pm: Obviously but the Agility part was mostly because of Piloting
[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: The others look at Ian and wonder how quiet do they have to be in a vacuum
[->Lazarus] 12:04 pm: John was an Alliance Pilot having a D6 Agility just did not make sense to me
[->Lazarus] 12:04 pm: I tried building John as jack of all trades as i could so i could help the crew with most things
[->Lazarus] 12:05 pm: And having 1 strong skill in his Mental ability
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:05 pm: the generator? pretty esy, no one is any where near you . THe ships are a good fity to a hundrd meters away and you have the cover of the base
[->Lazarus] 12:05 pm: And the fact that their afraid of making sound in Vacuum is so damned funny
[Lazarus->] 12:05 pm: well, he was on large ships not fighters so an average agility is fine
[->Lazarus] 12:05 pm: That actualy made me chuckle a bit
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:06 pm: Ok gonna head to the entrance
[Throol] 12:06 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Throol] 12:06 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d6 (2) = 7


[->Lazarus] 12:06 pm: Alliance Gunships are fighters/Bombers though ?
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:06 pm: agility + covert
[Lazarus->] 12:06 pm: yes, but are not noted for maneuverability
[->Lazarus] 12:06 pm: Ahhh
[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: Once again, Ian moves off and reaches the airlock of the central hub
[] 12:07 pm: (I was seriously thinking about that for a while....)
[] 12:07 pm: "So forget about the generator?"
[Lazarus->] 12:08 pm: they are in six-shooters and spaceships
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:08 pm: Checking the door, airlock?
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:08 pm: looks like a standard airlock
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:09 pm: int + covert to bypass the simple security
[] 12:10 pm: *pokes alex* "You alive in there?"
[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: Seems to be slower than usual this week
[] 12:11 pm: "gestures OK signal
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:11 pm: Putting in all 6 plot points - that ok?
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:11 pm: sure can
[] 12:12 pm: "signals Zeenix to follow Ian
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:12 pm: That a d12?
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:12 pm: yes
[] 12:12 pm: *ok*
[Throol] 12:12 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6+d12)
[Throol] 12:12 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (2)+ 1d12 (6) = 14


[] 12:12 pm: *thinks to himself that Ian's silence might be more about close-in radio silence versus being overheard in a vaccum
[Throol] 12:13 pm: (nods)
[Lazarus] 12:13 pm: The airlock opens and gives no indication that it is open
[Throol] 12:13 pm: Ian gestures the others to come over
[] 12:13 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6+d8)
[] 12:13 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d6 (3)+ 1d8 (2) = 6


[] 12:14 pm: oh my gawd
[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: why did you roll three dice?
[] 12:14 pm: wait...
[->Lazarus] 12:14 pm: Ah APEC
[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: just need agility + covert
[Lazarus->] 12:14 pm: yep
[] 12:14 pm: i have sneak aswell
[] 12:15 pm: stealth i mean
[] 12:15 pm: (oh i got confused
[] 12:15 pm: (agil only for me, here goes....
[] 12:15 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10)
[] 12:15 pm:

-> 1d10 (6)


[] 12:15 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 12:15 pm:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d6 (5) = 9


[Lazarus] 12:15 pm: you all reach the airlock undeteted
[Lazarus] 12:16 pm: does anyone enter?
[Throol] 12:16 pm: Ian closes the lock, lets teh air in
[Throol] 12:16 pm: Then gets a pistol ready, leaving the other hand free for fists
[Lazarus] 12:17 pm: The mighty jaws of the Mimic slam shut and devours all three men Meanwhile backon the ship...
[Throol] 12:17 pm: lol
[] 12:17 pm: ( boo, hisss..
[Lazarus] 12:17 pm: okay, note to self...no D&D humor
[] 12:17 pm: (Dont be mean, that was a... creative methaphor.)
[Lazarus] 12:17 pm: You repressureize the airlock and can remove your helmets if you like
[] 12:18 pm: *metaphor
[] 12:18 pm: I remove mine
[] 12:18 pm: me 2
[Lazarus] 12:18 pm: I will give the three of you two plot poits for reaching the base undetected
[Throol] 12:19 pm: Ian leaves his on, needs his hands free
[] 12:19 pm: :)
[Throol] 12:19 pm: (cool)
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: Morashitar has left at 12:19 pm+
[] 12:20 pm: (gotta take 5 mins for biobreak,brb
[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: there are a total of six doors in this compartment including the one you entered
[Lazarus] 12:21 pm: one on each of the short walls two on the long
[Throol] 12:21 pm: Just doors, or airlocks?
[Lazarus] 12:22 pm: two airlocks and four doors
[Lazarus] 12:23 pm: four doors are clearly marked, Operations, Power, Living Quarters, and Common Area.
[Throol] 12:23 pm: (so no one but us is in here?)
[Lazarus] 12:23 pm: This cneter container seems to be a hub for the whole structure
[] 12:24 pm: Whispers:"We probably should keep moving as a team, checking the doors one by one."
[Lazarus] 12:25 pm: everyone roll int+perception
[Throol] 12:25 pm: Ian makes an angry gesture to be quiet
[Throol] 12:25 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Throol] 12:25 pm:

-> 2d6 (2,3 = 5)


[->Lazarus] 12:25 pm: Would i be able to send a wave over the cortex to Alliance high command and report about this Asteroid field ?
[] 12:25 pm: *Makes an embarrased gesture*
[] 12:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 12:26 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (3) = 11


[->Lazarus] 12:26 pm: Or are we out of cortex range
[Lazarus->] 12:26 pm: sure. might be detected though
[] 12:26 pm: (bk
[Lazarus->] 12:26 pm: If there are any survivors of the Brass Monkey, they would logically be held in the common area or the living quarters
[->Lazarus] 12:26 pm: I know but we can move the ship now right ?
[] 12:27 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[] 12:27 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d6 (2) = 4


[->Lazarus] 12:27 pm: I figure its been a while since the shuttle has checked back so im getting worried
[] 12:27 pm: *points at the common area, and then to the living quaters"
[Lazarus] 12:27 pm: you've got the four marked doors and the two airlocks
[Lazarus->] 12:28 pm: over an hour now
[] 12:28 pm: *starts moving towards the door to the common area, and gestures others to follow*
[Lazarus->] 12:28 pm: you can send a message, but it won't be in real time
[Throol] 12:29 pm: Ian moves quietly to the common area door, alert for any problems, gun and fist ready.
[Throol] 12:29 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Throol] 12:29 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d6 (4) = 5


[Lazarus] 12:29 pm: you reach the door
[->Lazarus] 12:30 pm: Well i will send a message to alliance high command about a matter of importance to the safety of the alliance shipping lanes and say that we have hit the asteroid belt and give them the coordinates
[] 12:30 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 12:30 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d6 (3) = 10


[] 12:30 pm: i follow
[Lazarus] 12:30 pm: remember you are all inside a modified shipping container
[Lazarus] 12:30 pm: It is a 40 by 15 box
[Lazarus] 12:31 pm: you can see cables and lighting and the doors
[Lazarus] 12:31 pm: You are not on the Death Star
[Lazarus] 12:31 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)
[Lazarus] 12:31 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d8 (7) = 8


[Throol] 12:32 pm: (that's good, cuz I forgot my lightsaber back home)
[] 12:32 pm: Speaking of death star
[] 12:32 pm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgAlQuqzl8o
[] 12:33 pm: (Dont watch it now)
[] 12:33 pm: (keep on target, keep on target!)
[] 12:34 pm: (Its just i found this yesterday and it is very well done so i wanted to share it with you if you like star wars that is)
[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: This is a lot better than dueling banjos
[] 12:34 pm: I know right
[] 12:35 pm: *So I get to the side of the door and open it sligthly to peek inside*
[Lazarus] 12:37 pm: you see the base’s common area; kitchen; dining; and lounge, sems as if it is designed for twelve.
[] 12:37 pm: so there is nobody inside?
[Lazarus] 12:38 pm: Neiman zu haus
[Throol->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: Ian's also keeping a lookout for a comm in here
[Lazarus->Throol] 12:38 pm: everything seems pretty limited, no intercomm
[Lazarus] 12:39 pm: no, there is no one inside
[] 12:39 pm: I wait an extra second, then gesture ian that it is safe
[Lazarus->] 12:40 pm: and here I thought you would be on to your next adventure next week
[Throol] 12:40 pm: Ian moves forward quietly
[] 12:41 pm: *I enter the room trying to be quiet*
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: you enter and see what you saw from the door
[->Lazarus] 12:42 pm: Dont mind me i have bad idea syndrome
[->Lazarus] 12:42 pm: Or bored syndrome
[] 12:43 pm: *I exit and point to the living quaters, and move next to that door*
[Lazarus] 12:43 pm: ok, you reach the door
[->Lazarus] 12:43 pm: Probably a combination of both screw me being all logical and stuff Next time im going to go do stuff with the crew either way.
[] 12:43 pm: *I do the same peeking as i did with the other door*
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: GeekEclectic has left at 12:43 pm+
[] 12:43 pm: *follows a few paces behind Ian
[Lazarus->] 12:44 pm: I know I would appreciate it, this is painfully slow
[->Lazarus] 12:44 pm: Sorry for disturbing you its just my fingers itch when i cant do anything
[] 12:46 pm: (what do i see)
[Lazarus] 12:46 pm: I'm having some problems, cut and paste isn't working right
[] 12:47 pm: no prob, i just made sure that you got my poorly constructed sentence.
[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: You see two women and a man crammed inside a small cage at the back of the container that holds bunks for twelve
[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: When the captives spot you they glare at them with pure venom in their eyes until they realize that you are not one of their captives.
[Lazarus] 12:48 pm: “Shen Sheng de gao wan , I never thought there was any hope of anyone findin’ us. The other four of the crew were killed when the hull breeched in the crash. There ain’t no way we can ever repay ya, but a sure’n my name is Jonathan Callas we’ll split what Kenner was gonna pay us if’n ya get us out of this jam.
[Lazarus->] 12:49 pm: I know what you mean
[Throol] 12:49 pm: Ian looks to see what kind of lock is on the cage
[Lazarus] 12:49 pm: it is mechanical
[] 12:49 pm: Whispers "keep your mouth shut, do you know where the ones who captured you are?"
[Lazarus] 12:50 pm: "Not like the keep us informed. They work long hours. I don't know on what."
[] 12:50 pm: "what can you tell us about the folks that nabbed ya?
[Throol] 12:51 pm: (so key, combination, ??)
[Lazarus] 12:51 pm: One of the Women spits. "Jackals is what they are."
[Lazarus] 12:51 pm: key
[Lazarus->] 12:51 pm: throol must be extremely tedious as a D&D player
[->Lazarus] 12:51 pm: Cant he just shoot or pick the lock
[Lazarus->] 12:52 pm: shooting might not be the best idea, but he can certainly try and pick it
[] 12:52 pm: "Well do you know where they took your belongings? We might need a hand if this turns ugly. Until that you keep quiet."
[->Lazarus] 12:52 pm: Or even ask the captives if they know were their captors keep the keys for that matter
[->Lazarus] 12:53 pm: But meh i cant really say anything its up to them
[Lazarus] 12:53 pm: "We got bundled off the ship with the clothes on our back. That's all I know" Callas replies
[Throol] 12:53 pm: Ian quietly removes his helmet and turns off the conn. We're gonna need 3 more suits, plus the key.
[->Lazarus] 12:53 pm: I stay away from Meta gaming
[Throol] 12:53 pm: "We're gonna need 3 more suits, plus the key"
[Throol] 12:54 pm: He holsters his weapon. "That means no bullets (swears)."
[Lazarus] 12:54 pm: you can always try and pick the lock
[] 12:54 pm: "Most of them are outside, that'll make it tricky"
[] 12:55 pm: (what kind of roll would that be?)
[Throol] 12:55 pm: (picking the lock won't get us more suits)
[Lazarus] 12:55 pm: agility + covert
[Throol] 12:55 pm: "I'm gonna check out the rest of this place, might get lucky.
[Throol] 12:56 pm: Ian puts his helmet back on, and quietly moves to check out the rest of the joint.
[] 12:56 pm: "I guess i'll tinker a bit with the lock, might get lucky."
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: has left at 12:56 pm+
[] 12:57 pm: (wait do i need any tools for this?
[Lazarus] 12:57 pm: You look around in exasperation for suits, but find none and as you look upward in some silent prayer, you notice there is hatch on the top of the container. It's not an airlock, but it seems like a standard fit for the average ship.
[Lazarus] 12:57 pm: figure something in your medical kit will work
[Throol] 12:57 pm: Ian reports this back to the others.
[Throol] 12:57 pm: directly, not using comm
[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: you are in the same room
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: Morashitar has left at 12:58 pm+
[] 12:58 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 12:58 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (6) = 12


[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: RobotNixon has left at 12:58 pm+
[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: It seems the medic has more things about him than meets the eye as the lock clicks and the door swings open
[] 12:59 pm: "Not usually my job, but...."
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: Narayan has left at 12:59 pm+
[] 12:59 pm: "Anybody hurt?"
[Lazarus] 12:59 pm: "Ren ci de fou zu, thank you!"
[Lazarus] 1:00 pm: "We all got banged around in the cash, and the hun dan what took us wasn't too delicate about it."
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: monster87 has left at 1:00 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:00 pm: Cindy here took it the worst
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: monster87 has entered at 1:00 pm+
[] 1:00 pm: "well anyone who actually needs treatment come over"
[Lazarus] 1:01 pm: Callas says indicating a woman with two black eyes and an obviously broken nose
[] 1:01 pm: "Ian and Alex you should go do your thing, ill be staying here a little while"
[Lazarus] 1:01 pm: roll agility + first aid
[Throol] 1:01 pm: Ian goes back to the airlock they entered by, as well as the other doors, and removes any signs that they have been there.
[] 1:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d8)
[] 1:02 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d8 (7) = 12


[Lazarus] 1:02 pm: there are no signs to leave
[] 1:02 pm: "whispers, ok. Lead on Ian...
[Lazarus] 1:02 pm: Ray carefully resets the broken nose and it looks like when all the swelling goes down, she'll be as good as new
[Throol] 1:03 pm: Back in the room, "I think our best plan is to ambush 'em after their shift. They won't be expecting us, will be tired, and we can set the location and situation. Gonna need that, bein' outnumbered as we are,,"
[] 1:03 pm: "There no scars will be left on this pretty face."
[Throol] 1:04 pm: To the captives: "They usually come back here after shift?"
[] 1:04 pm: "These guys could stay in their cell, and when they come checking on them we could all jump on them"
[Lazarus] 1:04 pm: "We have no way of tellin' time, but they've been gone awhile and as I said they work long hours
[->Lazarus] 1:04 pm: Can i use 6 Plot points and repair the second shuttle somehow ?
[Lazarus] 1:05 pm: "I figure it will be a good long time before they come back."
[Throol] 1:05 pm: "But where do they go after? Here?"
[Lazarus->] 1:05 pm: Boomer is with you, so sure
[->Lazarus] 1:05 pm: Okay do it me and boomer will take the second shuttle and look for them
[] 1:05 pm: we should check the other room
[->Lazarus] 1:05 pm: Since they have been gone for so long
[Lazarus] 1:05 pm: "All I know is I ain't ever seen all twelve bunks full at one time."
[] 1:06 pm: "So either theres less than 12 people, or they work in shifts."
[Lazarus->] 1:07 pm: remember, you have no suits
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:07 pm: cap'n is asking me to come with him
[->Lazarus] 1:07 pm: Ah shit
[->Lazarus] 1:07 pm: They took my suit as well ?
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:08 pm: fine with me
[Lazarus->] 1:08 pm: you only had two, yours and alex
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:08 pm: all my stun is gone?
[Lazarus->] 1:08 pm: ray got his via plot points
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:08 pm: or how much do I still have?
[] 1:08 pm: "We should check the last couple of rooms"
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:09 pm: your stun is gone, you have one wound point
[Throol] 1:09 pm: (I thought I did that already, looking for suits...)
 [Lazarus] 1:09 pm: no, just the room you were in
[->Lazarus] 1:09 pm: How much Air does the shuttle have
[->Lazarus] 1:09 pm: ?
[Lazarus] 1:09 pm: There are two doors you did not enter
[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: Power and Operations
[] 1:10 pm: "We should try the operations room"
[Throol] 1:10 pm: (oh, I meant to search the whole place - suits could be anywhere)
[] 1:10 pm: *I walk over to the door and more casually peek inside*
[Lazarus->] 1:10 pm: 20 man days
[->Lazarus] 1:11 pm: Screw it i will pilot the shuttle to try and find what happened i take boomer with me to try and improve our stealth
[Lazarus] 1:11 pm: roll agility + covert
[] 1:11 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 1:11 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (3) = 5


[Lazarus->] 1:11 pm: ok
[] 1:11 pm: (I shit the bed this time)
[] 1:11 pm: (hehe
[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: You peek in the door and it is hard to say who is more surprised. You are the man that looks up from his console.
[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: "Tzao cao! INTRUDERS!"
[] 1:12 pm: (wait what)
[Lazarus] 1:12 pm: roll our initiative d8+d6
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: (tzao cao means crap)
[] 1:13 pm: (just Ian, or all in the base?
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: Just Ray
[] 1:13 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 1:13 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (3) = 5


[] 1:13 pm: (roger
[Throol] 1:13 pm: brb
[] 1:13 pm: (Too bad i need to kill my clone)
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: None of the rest of you know yet, but you do hear the guy yell, so next round you can roll init
 [Lazarus->] 1:14 pm: shuttle's agility for you is d8+ piloting
[->Lazarus] 1:14 pm: okay so you want me to roll ?
[] 1:15 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[] 1:15 pm:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d6 (1) = 5


[Lazarus->] 1:15 pm: well, let's have boomer roll repair first
[->Lazarus] 1:15 pm: Ah okay
[->Lazarus] 1:15 pm: Tell him
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:15 pm: roll int+mech eng to get the shuttle repaired
[monster87] 1:15 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12+1d10)
[monster87] 1:15 pm:

-> 1d12 (6)+ 1d10 (10) = 16


[Lazarus] 1:16 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 1:16 pm:

-> 2d6 (6,5 = 11)


[Lazarus->] 1:16 pm: I did
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:16 pm: okay, no prob on the shuttle
[->Lazarus] 1:16 pm: I had to quickly go answer the phone heh
[Lazarus->] 1:16 pm: your piloting roll...well let me work the first round of combat forst
[->Lazarus] 1:16 pm: Alright
[Lazarus] 1:16 pm: The man jumps up and draws a pistol, taking a shot at Ray
[Lazarus] 1:17 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 1:17 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d4 (3) = 6


[Lazarus] 1:17 pm: ok Z, in combat you can take up to three actions
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: layen1 has left at 1:17 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:17 pm: however there is a penalty for each action after the first of of step
[Throol] 1:17 pm: (he's actually firing a gun in here?)
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: so if your skill is d8, if it is your first action, you get full skill. it would d6 for the second, and d4 for the third
[Throol] 1:18 pm: (hope everyone's ready for explosive decompression)
[Lazarus] 1:18 pm: if the penalties drop the skill to d0 you can't do that
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: (he is firing toward an interior wall)
[] 1:19 pm: (I'm next to the door right?)
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: You can take an active defense such as dodge
[Throol] 1:19 pm: (just the same, glad my helmet's on
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: ak47 has left at 1:19 pm+
[] 1:19 pm: ( I Move behind the wall
[] 1:19 pm: trying to dodge
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: esotericenigma has left at 1:19 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:20 pm: or a passive defense known as Innate Defense, this is just your agility, but it doesn't count as an action, so you always have some measure of defense
[Lazarus] 1:20 pm: Ok, that is agility -2 steps for being in the suit + dodge
[Lazarus] 1:20 pm: so for Ray, that is d4+d6
[] 1:20 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d4+d6)
[] 1:20 pm:

-> 1d4 (1)+ 1d6 (3) = 4


[Lazarus] 1:21 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 1:21 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)


[Lazarus] 1:21 pm: Ray is spun sideways by the hit
[Lazarus] 1:21 pm: you take 1 stun and 6 wounds. you are hurt
[] 1:21 pm: (Darn)
[] 1:22 pm: (Can he shoot through the wall?)
[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: okay EVERYBODY knows the jig is up now
[] 1:22 pm: (Cant I just go behind it?)
[] 1:22 pm: (after he shot me)
[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: No, you can't shoot through the wall, you are behind the wall now, you just got hit before you made it there
[] 1:23 pm: In that case I take no further action this turn
[Lazarus->] 1:23 pm: That roll was the first of a complex action.
[] 1:23 pm: "I'm shot! Theres a guy in the room!"
[] 1:23 pm: (rest of us in base roll init?
[Lazarus->] 1:24 pm: You only have five rolls to reach a total of 35
[Lazarus->] 1:24 pm: you have for more rolls
[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: yes
[] 1:24 pm: Sorry lost my internet there for a sec
[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: it is round two
[Throol] 1:24 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Throol] 1:24 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d6 (2) = 3


[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: you init is still the same Z
[] 1:24 pm: (get +2 init step due to Lightnin reflexes!
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: yes
[] 1:25 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[] 1:25 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (1) = 3


[] 1:25 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[] 1:25 pm:

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d6 (3) = 4


[->Lazarus] 1:25 pm: /roll 1d8+1d6
[] 1:25 pm: (hmm, how do I add that to d10+d6
[->Lazarus] 1:25 pm: /roll 1d8+1d6
[->Lazarus] 1:25 pm: arhg
[] 1:25 pm: so mine is 6 now?
[] 1:25 pm: (extra d4?
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:25 pm: you can roll piloting to help gabel, best of two rolls counts
[Lazarus->] 1:25 pm: you can't roll inhere
[->Lazarus] 1:26 pm: i was not trying to
[->Lazarus] 1:26 pm: I was in the wrong window
[->Lazarus] 1:26 pm: Twice
[] 1:26 pm: i got ligtnin reflex too it seems...
[] 1:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6;1d8+1d6;1d8+1d6)
[] 1:26 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d6 (2) = 5

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d6 (5) = 12

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d6 (2) = 5


[monster87] 1:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)
[monster87] 1:26 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d4 (2) = 8


[] 1:26 pm: (didn't know what it did when i read my sheet....)
[monster87] 1:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4;1d8+1d4)
[monster87] 1:26 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d4 (1) = 9

-> 1d8 (1)+ 1d4 (4) = 5


[monster87->Lazarus] 1:26 pm: so I guess together we got 8,9,5
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: ok, then you roll d12=d6 Z
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: okay pilots slow down. I've got to see which is best and apply to total
[monster87->Lazarus] 1:28 pm: ah no, 8,12,5
[] 1:28 pm: (uuuhh... so i roll a d6? didnt quite catch your meaning there?)
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: WYRD has left at 1:29 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:30 pm: guys slow down, too much at once
[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: Z you increase by die steps, not an extra die. your d8 goes up two steps to d12, so you roll d12+d6
[] 1:31 pm: ok
[] 1:31 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d12+d6)
[] 1:31 pm:

-> 1d12 (5)+ 1d6 (3) = 8


[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: Pilots, you run the guantlet and successfully negotiate the asteroid field undetected. You do notice a strong heat wash coming off the largest asteroid in the field
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: You have successfully approached from below the horizon and are as yet unseen
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: OKAY
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: now back on the base
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: I see Ray rolled an 8 for int
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: I need a roll form ALex and THrool
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: oh wait, Throol rolled 3
[Throol] 1:33 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Throol] 1:33 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (6) = 8


[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: just need alex's roll
[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: star you roll d12+d2=d6
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: has left at 1:34 pm+
[] 1:35 pm: so +2 step for init applies to d10 or d6 or does it not matter?
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: appiles to agility so you roll d12+d2+d6
[] 1:35 pm: (ok thx
[] 1:35 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d12+d2+d6)
[] 1:35 pm:

-> 1d12 (10)+ 1d2 (1)+ 1d6 (5) = 16


[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm:

-> 2d6 (5,5 = 10)


[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: Alex first
[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: drawing a weapon is an action, so to draw and fire would make your roll d10+d8
[] 1:37 pm: (not clear about bullets puncturing thin base walls
[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: You have no idea how well this place is built
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: You however, WILL be shooting toward an exterior wall
[] 1:38 pm: vacc suit helmet back on then, any actions leftover for shooting?
[Lazarus] 1:38 pm: donning and locking your helmet will be your full action
[] 1:39 pm: ok, sounds good. Prudent course I'd say :)
[] 1:39 pm: (uhhh....)
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: At this point, no one can see into the room and the bad guys rolled a 10
[] 1:39 pm: (What about everyone else)
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: Ray rolled an 8 and Ian a 3
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: bad guys go next
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: has left at 1:40 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6;d6)
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)

-> 1d6 (4)


[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: TWO men appear at the hatch and both fire
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: one at Ian, one at one of the Brass Monkey crew
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6)
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm:

-> 2d6 (6,2 = 8)

-> 2d6 (1,4 = 5)


[Lazarus] 1:43 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8)
[Lazarus] 1:43 pm:

-> 2d8 (3,3 = 6)


[Throol] 1:43 pm: so minus 2 steps?
[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: yes agility -2
[Throol] 1:44 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d4+d8)
[Throol] 1:44 pm:

-> 1d4 (2)+ 1d8 (7) = 9


[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: both shots miss
[Lazarus] 1:44 pm: Ray, you are next
[] 1:45 pm: can i do a quick shot at the guy in the operations room
[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: from where you are, you can not see into the room.
[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: you can take a shot at one of the guys that fired, but they have cover
[] 1:46 pm: ah ok
[] 1:46 pm: then i take a careful shot with my pistol
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: you have 2d8, but they have +8 cover
[] 1:46 pm: oh
[] 1:46 pm: so no dice
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: you can still hit
[] 1:47 pm: so they see me?
[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: they just get +8 on their dodge
[] 1:47 pm: oh
[] 1:47 pm: well ill try anyways then
[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: kk
[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: remember your plot points
[] 1:47 pm: ill do 1 careful shot
[] 1:47 pm: ive got 4 right?
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: yes 4
[Lazarus->] 1:48 pm: you got 2 plot points for the shuttle run
[] 1:48 pm: so if i shoot with my pistol it would be 8d+8d
[] 1:48 pm: adding 2 plotpoints would make it...
[->Lazarus] 1:48 pm: Ok that means im back up to 2
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: yes, and you can add plot points
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: 2d8+d4
[] 1:49 pm: ok
[Lazarus->] 1:49 pm: yes
[] 1:49 pm: ill do that then
[Lazarus->monster87] 1:49 pm: you got two plot points for the shuttle run
[->Lazarus] 1:49 pm: Well im going to see if i can find an entrance now then with an airlock
[Lazarus] 1:49 pm: roll it
[] 1:49 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8+d4)
[] 1:49 pm:

-> 2d8 (2,5 = 7) + 1d4 (2) = 9


[->Lazarus] 1:49 pm: Where i can dock the shuttle
[] 1:49 pm: oh
[] 1:49 pm: sweet
[] 1:49 pm: (failed big time)
[->Lazarus] 1:49 pm: Im fully armed btw assault rifle and my gorram armor
[Serenity: From the Ashes - Session 11]: has left at 1:49 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:49 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4)
[Lazarus] 1:49 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d4 (1) = 3


[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: ALMOST choked the dodge
[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: as it is, your shot missed
[] 1:50 pm: alright
[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6)
[Lazarus] 1:50 pm:

-> 2d6 (1,3 = 4)


[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: The three members of the brass monkey crew run to the corner of the hub and out of the line of fire
[Lazarus] 1:50 pm: Ian is up
[Lazarus->] 1:51 pm: You have just reched the compound and are hidden. You will have to fly over the base to see anything
[Lazarus->Throol] 1:51 pm: your turn
[Throol] 1:51 pm: 2 at the lock, 1 in the room?
[->Lazarus] 1:51 pm: Can i try to be as stealthy as possible ?
[Lazarus] 1:52 pm: you can only see the two in the door of the room
[Lazarus] 1:52 pm: no one is in the airlock
[Lazarus->] 1:52 pm: in a shuttle? you can try, but let Ian do his thing first
[->Lazarus] 1:52 pm: Alright
[Lazarus->] 1:53 pm: you can do the assisted roll with Rein, best roll will count
[Throol] 1:53 pm: I run and tackle the two at the door
[Lazarus] 1:53 pm: ooooh kay
[Throol] 1:53 pm: how should I roll that?
[Lazarus] 1:53 pm: starts rolling some dice: (+)
[Lazarus] 1:53 pm:

-> (0)


[->Lazarus] 1:53 pm: Whats Ian doing he trying to get himself killed ?
[Lazarus] 1:53 pm: roll agility + brawling
[Throol] 1:54 pm: minus 3 steps?
[Lazarus] 1:54 pm: no penalty, so 2d8
[Lazarus->] 1:54 pm: looks like
[->Lazarus] 1:54 pm: Alright so d8+d6 for piloting then same for rein ?
[Throol] 1:54 pm: Gonna throw in my 2 plot points here, make it good
[Lazarus] 1:54 pm: actually d8+d6 to attack both
[Throol] 1:54 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d8+d4)
[Throol] 1:54 pm:

-> 2d8 (5,2 = 7) + 1d4 (4) = 11


[Throol] 1:54 pm: ok
[Lazarus] 1:54 pm: so d8+d6=d4
[Throol] 1:55 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6+d4)
[Throol] 1:55 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d6 (1)+ 1d4 (4) = 11


[Lazarus] 1:55 pm: LOL, that worked out
[->Lazarus] 1:55 pm: Will roll after Throol
[Lazarus->] 1:55 pm: her skill is lower
[->Lazarus] 1:55 pm: Well its the ship agility + Piloting
[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: d6+d2+4
[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d4+4)
[Lazarus] 1:56 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d4 (2)+ 4 (4) = 11


[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d2+4)
[Lazarus] 1:56 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d2 (2)+ 4 (4) = 12


[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: One of the men manages to just barely twist out of Ian's way
[Lazarus] 1:57 pm: the second is hit, but the impact is pretty weak
[Lazarus] 1:57 pm: Ian roll agility-2 steps + athletics-1step
[Lazarus] 1:57 pm: looks like 2d4 to stay on your feet
[Throol] 1:57 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d4)
[Throol] 1:57 pm:

-> 2d4 (1,2 = 3)


[Lazarus->] 1:57 pm: yes
[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: You stumble into the room and on one knee
[Throol] 1:58 pm: Where in the room?
[Lazarus->] 1:58 pm: roll it
[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: into the room
[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: just past the door
[Throol] 1:58 pm: so they're behind me now?
[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: one is behind and one is along side
[] 1:59 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[] 1:59 pm:

-> 1d8 (7)+ 1d6 (2) = 9


[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: MEANWHILE......
[] 1:59 pm: Yay finally a good roll
[Throol] 1:59 pm: ha-ha- wait
[Throol] 1:59 pm: I get more actions don't I?
[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: Not this round with that action and that 3 for an agility roll
[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: monster, your piloting roll d8+d4
[Throol] 2:00 pm: Even with fightin' type??
[Lazarus] 2:00 pm: you ran and attacked two people at the same time
[Lazarus] 2:00 pm: In a space suit
[Lazarus] 2:00 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d4)
[Lazarus] 2:00 pm:

-> 1d8 (5)+ 1d4 (2) = 7


[Lazarus] 2:01 pm: Unknown to those inside the base...
[Lazarus] 2:01 pm: Another shuttle from YOUR ship is arriving...
[Lazarus] 2:01 pm: YOu pop up from behind the horizon and with a quick look you see the following...
[Lazarus] 2:02 pm: three ships, one large freighter of an unknown sort
[Lazarus] 2:02 pm: the damages Brass Monkey
[Lazarus] 2:02 pm: the small surveyor
[Lazarus] 2:03 pm: and a base complex built out of cargo containers set out in a cruciform configuration
[Lazarus] 2:03 pm: INSIDE the Base....
[] 2:03 pm: (is Mayhem, lol
[Lazarus] 2:03 pm: Ian looks up from where his lurching attack carried him
[Lazarus] 2:04 pm: and sees in addition to the two men at the door, there are two more men in front of him behind consoles
[Lazarus] 2:04 pm: AND FADE TO BLACK.