Welcome! You have entered [General Chatter] at 9:31 am+
[Lazarus] 9:31 am: Welcome to P&PG Chat.
[General Chatter]: starjunky has entered at 9:48 am+
[General Chatter]: pruttm has entered at 9:52 am+
[Lazarus] 9:53 am: I created room "Serenity - From the Ashes"
[General Chatter]: has left at 9:53 am+
Welcome! You have entered [Serenity - From the Ashes] at 9:53 am+
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: starjunky has entered at 9:53 am+
[starjunky] 9:54 am: so no Aces in Cortex system, that right?
[Lazarus] 9:54 am: correct, unfortunately
[] 9:54 am: Figured id change colour so it was different from the rest but if you cant read it junky i will find something lighter
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: has entered at 9:54 am+
[starjunky] 9:54 am: other than that, pretty similar to SW it seems
[starjunky] 9:54 am: maybe just a shade lighter Gabel
[Lazarus] 9:55 am: I've been toying with that as a house rule, but that would really change the dynamic of the game, so I haven't been willing to jump that shark yet
[] 9:55 am: alrighty
[] 9:55 am: Plain ol red
[starjunky] 9:55 am: much better
[Lazarus] 9:55 am: Big difference from savage is you add the totals not take the highest
[] 9:55 am: Can't hardly read that red
[] 9:55 am: Can ya read this then
[starjunky] 9:55 am: yeps
[] 9:56 am: Throol ?
[] 9:56 am: Yeah yellow works
[] 9:56 am: Alrighty then :)
[] 9:56 am: Hope I can keep up today, fighting a cold - keep nodding off
[Lazarus] 9:57 am: bummer Thool. try sitting on a hot plate, that should keep you awake
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: pruttm has left at 9:58 am+
[] 9:58 am: Drinking some sugar-free NOS, hopefully will do the trick
[Lazarus] 10:01 am: Okay, I have 10:01 AM my time, so I guess it's time to ask, does anyone have any questions?
[Lazarus] 10:02 am: Today is Tuesday 20 September 2011 - Session One of Serenity - From the Ashes. GM = Lazarus, Players on hand are Gabel, starjunky, and Throol. Currently missing monster87 and Bloodangel
[Lazarus] 10:03 am: Since I am not seeing questions, I will proceed. John, Ian, and Alex each finds themselves on Beaumonde. Different things brought them here, but here they are nontheless
[->Lazarus] 10:04 am: Not to interupt main chat i got ahold of Rein on Skype told him the game was now
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: monster87 has entered at 10:04 am+
[monster87] 10:04 am: hi all
[Lazarus->] 10:04 am: cool. Thanks
[Lazarus] 10:04 am: Hello monster
[starjunky] 10:04 am: hey monster
[monster87] 10:05 am: I thought it started at 19:00, so I'm going to get some quick food if you don't mind
[Lazarus] 10:05 am: Times is hard in the 'Verse, especially since the earthquake revelation concerning the revelation of the origin of the Reavers and the massive space battle out on the Rim that cost the Alliance the better part of every ship in the Burnham quadrant
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: (Go ahead Rein, I'm just setting the mood)
[Lazarus] 10:06 am: In the six months since the "Miranda Broadcast" if anything, times have gotten harder.
[starjunky] 10:06 am: alliance fighting Reavers in that battle?
[Lazarus] 10:07 am: Yes,the big battle at the end of the movie
[starjunky] 10:08 am: (ah gotcha, been a while since i Saw the movie )
[Lazarus] 10:08 am: Travel is all disrupted as the Alliance navy scrambles to cover the massive gap in their patrol schedule caused by the loss of so many ships at one time.
[Lazarus] 10:09 am: The Alliance itself rumbles with discontent and many Rim planets talk about seceding from the Alliance they never wanted to join
[] 10:09 am: Good times!
[Lazarus] 10:10 am: However, tht problems in Parliament are too far removed from the spacers trying to find a job and a home.
[Lazarus] 10:10 am: John, the proud owner of a new ship has got problems...problems he can not solve
[Lazarus] 10:10 am: He's got a ship, but the thing is a piece of gos se
[starjunky] 10:10 am: Shiny!
[Lazarus] 10:11 am: Even he's not fully sure why he brought the old hulk rusting in a scrapper's yard, but he KNOWS she's got life left in her, he just needs to give her a push to bringit back.
[Lazarus] 10:12 am: Knowing the ship needed skills he just didn't have, he place an ad on the Cortex: "Crew wanted. Need pilot, mechanic at the very least. Will discuss other positions based on experience"
[monster87] 10:13 am: (ok I'm back and I've read everything)
[Lazarus] 10:14 am: To Alex Brogan, Ian Gao, Iwasaki Hide and several others, the ad was right up their alley and John found himself with a small crowd of people waiting to talk to him about a job.
[Lazarus] 10:15 am: John looked out at the eight people standing at the ramp of his ship and figured today was going to be a long day...
[Lazarus->] 10:15 am: How you want to handle the interviews is up to you...you are now ON
[->Lazarus] 10:16 am: Alright
[] 10:16 am: *Lets out a long drawn sigh*
[Lazarus] 10:17 am: As the people looking for work waited they had had time to talk a bit, there were two pilots, two medics, and lord spare me four mechanics looking for the job
[starjunky] 10:17 am: lights a cig and walks around outside of the boat, taking stock of its capabilities
[monster87] 10:17 am: (omg)
[monster87] 10:18 am: comes in last, takes a long look and starts chatting with the nearest person
[] 10:18 am: Right mite as well do this right all ye be lookin for a job on this here vessel ya nee a bit of patience ill talk to any pilots first if ya can come with me inside. *waving any pilots to come to him*
[starjunky] 10:19 am: ( gabel = John? Star = Alex "Ace" Brogan )
[Lazarus] 10:19 am: Two men step forward, An Alex Brogan and a Jeff Taylor
[monster87] 10:20 am: (can we change our nicknames? I'm Boomer)
[] 10:20 am: *Puts out his hand to shake the two fellows*
[starjunky] 10:20 am: Glad to meet ya, John!
[Lazarus] 10:20 am: (unfortunately no, you can not change names)
[] 10:20 am: Greetings let me give ya the tour *Continues to jammer on as he gives the two a show of the ship*
[starjunky] 10:21 am: ( what class of ship si this? )
[] 10:21 am: The prides a real beauty aint she
[Lazarus] 10:21 am: By the time they are through with the tour, Jeff says "Thanks but no thanks, this thing is an accident that has already happened, just that no one bothered to report it."
[] 10:22 am: (btw just as a thought maybe i should post how john is dressed)
[Lazarus] 10:22 am: Pride Mark III, however, she has clearly seen better days, seriously.
[starjunky] 10:22 am: "That guy Jeff not up to the challenge, it seems John"
[] 10:22 am: (Discription of what he looks like)
[Lazarus] 10:23 am: go ahead gabel
[] 10:23 am: You see a man of average height and above average muscular mass wearing a slouched wide brimmed cowboy hat and a pair of dusty ol sunglasses that are sitting on top of said hat. The man has blue eyes and medium shoulder length brown hair with white trims here and there he has a scar on his right cheek followed by a short rough boxed beard done in a Vandyke fashion which also has some white showing. The man has roguish charm to him but a stern look on his face like he can peer right through your
[] 10:23 am: soul if he had to. The man is wearing a large grey duster coat over his white cotton shirt and black vest a rather ordinary looking belt buckle keeps his black pants from falling down to his rather nice looking polished black boots
[] 10:23 am: (Right now i got that out of the way)
[Lazarus] 10:24 am: (Here is a link to what the ship looks like: http://test.fireflyrpg.com/2009/08/pride-class-large-bulk-transport/)
[monster87] 10:25 am: (error not found)
[] 10:25 am: People who dont see potential dont get to ride on my ship anyhow so what about you Alex ? She's a beauty aint she she's fast and she has the passenger capacity and enough cargo space to haul stuff around if need be. Even got 3 shuttles
[Lazarus] 10:26 am: http://www.fireflyrpg.com/ try there, click on the ships tab and scroll to find pride.
[monster87] 10:26 am: (found it)
[starjunky] 10:26 am: "have more expereince with mid-bulkies, but sure, I'd love to sling this thing thru the black"
[] 10:26 am: brb, bio
[] 10:26 am: Well she's smaller then a mid-bulk but she is categorized as a mid-bulk transport
[Lazarus] 10:27 am: (The Pride-Class is known for being a fairly good ship, smallish, but fast, but this one obviously needs work)
[monster87] 10:28 am: (can we get a description of Ace?)
[starjunky] 10:28 am: ( hmm, link says Pride is large bulk transport? )
[starjunky] 10:28 am: sure Alwx "Ace" Brogan: Thin, slightly yellowish skin, wears a ball cap and dark sunglasses when in any sort of bright light. "Saving these peepers for seeing deeply into the black, can't have sunlight damagin' my mealticket!" Carries a pistol on his right hip. Nearly always has a cigarette going.
[] 10:29 am: (Cortex shipyards 1 states shes a mid-bulk but either way :)
[] 10:29 am: (Hey Blood)
[starjunky] 10:29 am: ( mid-bulk matches my skills better anyways :) )
[Bloodangel->Lazarus] 10:29 am: My apologizes i had lost track of time durning my work out
[Lazarus] 10:29 am: As Jeff Taylor exits the ship he stops to speak to the others. "Folk this lump of fei wu is gonna get ya killed. I ain't taking the job, and if ya gots the sense god gave a door knob you won't either."
[Lazarus->Bloodangel] 10:30 am: no worries, you are here now!
[] 10:30 am: (Do i actualy hear that ?)
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: Bloodangel has entered at 10:30 am+
[] 10:30 am: (Hey blood)
[Bloodangel] 10:31 am: ((Hello, sorry im late guys got caught up in my workout)
[Lazarus] 10:31 am: (She is a mid-bulk, just a small one, 1,000 tons compared to a firefly's 2,400 tons)
[] 10:31 am: Either way you familiar with these types of ships alex ?
[Lazarus] 10:31 am: (Yes you do John)
[] 10:33 am: Excuse me for a sec take another look around if you like her the jobs yours *Walks back outside*
[starjunky] 10:33 am: "small mid-bulk, sure. Is she fast?"
[] 10:34 am: What in the nine hells you yabbin yer mouth off for Jeff you took two looks at her and you preachin about her innards like you know em
[Bloodangel->Lazarus] 10:34 am: I dont want to just bust in, do i just show up or do u have introductions?
[Lazarus->Bloodangel] 10:34 am: you are in a crowd of potential crew waiting to be interviewed
[Bloodangel->Lazarus] 10:35 am: kk
[monster87] 10:35 am: (In the meanwhile I'm engaging Ian in some light conversation about adventurs and if he likes em)
[] 10:36 am: (adventures or adventurers?)
[monster87] 10:36 am: (adventures)
[monster87] 10:36 am: (the kind of things you get when you go out on a boat like this - laughs)
[Lazarus] 10:36 am: Jeff just laughs "You can try and fly in this pile of fei wu (junk), I ain't kuang zhe de (nuts) and I ain't gonna waste any more time with ya." Jeff's word are enough that one of the women mechanics and one of the medics decide to leave with him.
[] 10:37 am: "Life's an adventure, ain't two ways about it."
[->Lazarus] 10:37 am: Quick question
[->Lazarus] 10:37 am: do i see Ian in the crowd
[->Lazarus] 10:37 am: Now ?
[monster87] 10:37 am: "You've been on jobs like this before? Finding a crew and going out in the black to do whatever comes first?"
[monster87] 10:38 am: (my description) You see a short Asian woman. She's got long black hair, nice big brown eyes, but overall a pretty messy apperance. Baggy trousers with smears and holes, an open jacket that's seen better days with a colorful shirt underneath that's got some interesting patterns. She's also wearing a small backpack that seems pretty much stuffed.
[] 10:38 am: A good mechanic and a decent pilot she will be up and running in no time no sweat.
[] 10:38 am: *walks back inside* Hey alex *Shouting* So what you think ?
[Lazarus] 10:39 am: When the three leave, that leaves five outside, one pilot, one medic, and three mechanics, plus a man that John recognizes
[Lazarus->] 10:40 am: yes you do
[starjunky] 10:40 am: "Heck, I'm in - I think. What kinda jobs you plannin' ?
[] 10:40 am: Ian is fairly nondescript, in his early 20's, above average height, looks in good shape overall, carries himself with confidence and a slight bit of threat, wears a sturdy work shirt, jeans, and a belt loaded with gear, including 2 fine pistols.
[Lazarus] 10:41 am: The mechanics consist of two women and one man. The man steps forward. He's got dark hair and is both hansome and has a winning smile.
[] 10:41 am: "Not usually finding a crew, I tend to join up for the work."
[Lazarus] 10:41 am: "I don't care what sort of work this boat needs. I can do it. Name is Bester."
[monster87] 10:42 am: "Well you certainly look like you can handle some trouble"
[] 10:42 am: Walks back outside and shakes Bester's hand
[] 10:42 am: So you any good at fixing ships Bester
[] 10:43 am: "Thanks. Handled everything so far, no problem."
[Bloodangel] 10:43 am: "seems like you are fresh out of Medics and and looks like you can use someone who has some experience with a gun"
[] 10:43 am: (any chance you could change color blood? really dark)
[Lazarus] 10:43 am: "You bet I am. Won't find a better wrench in Kaladasa quadrant"
[Bloodangel] 10:44 am: (descirption) 5`11 6 foot tan skin looks as if he had seen a few battles, wears a black cap, average build, grey eyes , brown hair.
[Lazarus] 10:45 am: The other woman snorts a quick laugh. "Gorram hun dan couldn't change a lightbulb without help."
[Bloodangel] 10:45 am: this better?
[] 10:45 am: Turns his head Medics ya say well if you want to take a look inside she's a real beauty can even make on of the rooms into a medbay for ya
[] 10:45 am: (Much, thanx)
[] 10:45 am: Right all you mechanics
[] 10:45 am: I need you come with me into the ship
[Lazarus] 10:45 am: "Honey, I'm Jan O'tool, and I'm your girl."
[Lazarus] 10:45 am: The three follow
[monster87] 10:46 am: "woah seems I'm up" - quickly follows the rest
[Lazarus] 10:47 am: monster, roll Intelligence + Mechanical Engineering to get an idea of the ship's status
[] 10:47 am: So i bought her at a fair price so iknows theres got to be jinks and bits that need fixing and i need somone who can tell me whats wrong with her if you can the jobs yours
[monster87] 10:47 am: how do I roll.. ?
[Bloodangel] 10:47 am: "Names Mayhem, Raymond Mayhem, Combat medic from beylix." just looking to make some money and move on with my life."
[Lazarus] 10:47 am: the command is /roll and the dice type
[Lazarus] 10:47 am: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d12)
[Lazarus] 10:47 am:

-> 1d10 (10)+ 1d12 (9) = 19


[monster87] 10:47 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d12)
[monster87] 10:47 am:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d12 (1) = 2


[monster87] 10:47 am: wow
[monster87] 10:47 am: 2
[Lazarus] 10:47 am: too bad you could use mine
[monster87] 10:48 am: how can you get 1d10 for mechanical engeneering (general) ?
[Lazarus] 10:48 am: Ouch, that is what you call a botch and is NOT good
[monster87] 10:48 am: goes to max 1d6 right?
[monster87] 10:48 am: (forgive me when I don't understand the rules fully, It's my first time at Serenity)
[] 10:48 am: The names John Helios Iskellian *shakes the medics hand as he works his way through the ship with the mechanics* Take a look around if you like her the jobs yours.
[Lazarus] 10:48 am: that's actually good news, because you'd need to roll your repair
[monster87] 10:49 am: \roll 1d10+1d12
[Bloodangel] 10:49 am: ((Looks in ship and looks for a suitable stop for a medical lab.
[Bloodangel] 10:49 am: ))
[monster87] 10:49 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d12)
[monster87] 10:49 am:

-> 1d10 (1)+ 1d12 (9) = 10


[monster87] 10:49 am: ok saved by not understanding the system :P
[Lazarus] 10:49 am: Right off the bat you see that there are a couple major problems
[monster87] 10:49 am: "If you don't mind captain, I'd like to also have a look at the electronics here, they can tell me a lot more than just lookin at screws"
[] 10:50 am: Sure go right ahead
[] 10:50 am: IF nay of you other mechanics gots words say em now
[monster87] 10:50 am: (Can I roll seperate technical engineering?)
[Lazarus] 10:50 am: There is a major coolant leak in the engine room, bad enough that all the hoses have to be replaced. Not all that complicated, but kind of expensive as the hoses are not cheap
[Lazarus] 10:51 am: Second, there is a crack in the fuel system somewhere making the ship hazardous to operate.
[Lazarus] 10:52 am: Jan O'Tool finishes looking at the ship and says: "Honey, you dont need a mechanic, you need a shepherd to fix this ship."
[monster87] 10:52 am: (After a look at the mechanics I start at the console, going through all the logs and stuff)
[Lazarus] 10:52 am: (Yesh monster, you can roll technical repairs and int as well)
[monster87] 10:52 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d12)
[monster87] 10:52 am:

-> 1d10 (7)+ 1d12 (8) = 15


[] 10:53 am: Turns around at Jan don suppos you be a shepard to now Jan *looking at her might amused*
[Lazarus] 10:53 am: "No Deary, just a woman that knows a lost cause when she sees one."
[monster87] 10:54 am: "Well this baby is in some pain, sure is, but with the right resources and my expertise I can fix her up"
[Bloodangel] 10:54 am: ((any chambers on the lowest deck that seems decent for a 1 person medical lab?))
[] 10:54 am: She aint lost if ya take your time now is she anything can be fixed slong you take yer time *strokes the wall for a bit*
[] 10:54 am: See now thats the kind of attitude i like
[] 10:55 am: Here check this link
[] 10:55 am: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m208/lynnlefey/pride_mk3_deckplan.jpg
[] 10:55 am: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m208/lynnlefey/pride_mk3_deckplan2.jpg
[] 10:55 am: Second deck dont have much except the shuttles
[] 10:55 am: and engine room
[monster87] 10:55 am: "Hi Cap'n, Boomer is the name. Hire me and I'll solve your problem here. Well assuming you have some cash left for spare parts"
[Lazarus] 10:56 am: "Either you're a better mechanic than I am hon, or you got dropped on you head as a baby. You want this job. It's yours."
[] 10:56 am: Er *scratches his head* No used my last penny saving her butt from getting scrapped.
[] 10:56 am: She need alot of work then *looking at Boomer slightly more focused)
[monster87] 10:57 am: "Well I'm sorry cap, but this coolant leak for example. We need to fix it, otherwise the engine'll burst apart mid-flight"
[starjunky] 10:57 am: listens intently to the repairs discussion
[] 10:57 am: Ian keeps his eyes open outside, noting the reacctions of passersby to the look of the Pride
[] 10:58 am: Oh... fancy that guess the name i picked for her was not overly poetic after all *smiles*
[monster87] 10:58 am: "The fuel leak is also an issue that needs to be addressed before we take flight"
[Lazarus] 10:58 am: Bester looks amused at the two women's banter, but doesn't say anything.
[monster87] 10:58 am: "What name's that?"
[] 10:58 am: So bester what you think ?
[] 10:58 am: the name you say
[] 10:59 am: You mite not understand the words since they be a mite bit fancy if ya not had a bit of schoolin
[] 10:59 am: But she be named the Incendia Angelus
[Lazarus] 10:59 am: "You need this fixed cap, I got it. Never mind what these two women think. That leaks the bigger problem, but the coolant leak just needs the right amount of patch tape."
[monster87] 10:59 am: "Ya I like it when a ship's got a good name."
[] 10:59 am: Literally it means Fire Angel
[monster87] 10:59 am: "Burning Angel right? Sounds nice :)"
[] 10:59 am: Figured shed either burn me or keep me safe when i fly her
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: kilometer has left at 10:59 am+
[monster87] 11:00 am: (I said that before you reacted :P Obviously had enough schooling for it)
[] 11:00 am: (Alrighty)
[Lazarus] 11:00 am: O'Tool says "You got the Fire part right. I'm goning to leave you two to beef out who gets to die on this boat and I'm going to the Maidenhead."
[] 11:00 am: Patch tape you say ?
[] 11:00 am: Oh well Jane was nice meeting ya
[] 11:01 am: IAN GAO get your ass in here
[Lazarus] 11:01 am: John roll Intelligence + Intuition
[] 11:01 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 11:01 am:

-> 1d8 (3)+ 1d8 (4) = 7


[monster87] 11:01 am: "Heh you would use patch tape for the leak as well right? If you want to fly her longer than tomorrow you'd better fix it right. Burning mid-space isn't pleasant I hear"
[] 11:01 am: Ian saunters slowly to the ship, taking his time.
[Lazarus->] 11:02 am: Bester is pissing in your ear and telling you it's raining about the Colant leak, the damage is far beyond what patch tape could handle
[] 11:02 am: Wait
[] 11:03 am: (Is that right ? Or is it my Int+Percept+Intuition ?)
[monster87] 11:03 am: (I think usually you roll 2 kinds of dices right? not 3)
[] 11:03 am: (generally stat+skill)
[Bloodangel] 11:03 am: ((starts moving supplies into what will be the medical room)),
[Lazarus] 11:04 am: (Just two)
[] 11:04 am: You know what bester i dont think that damage could be fixed with just patch tape
[Lazarus] 11:04 am: (Int + the specialty, if you didn't have the specialty, you'd use the base skill perception)
[] 11:05 am: I need the ship running not falling from space 5 minutes after takeoff
[Bloodangel] 11:05 am: "in a eager and anxious tone, "when are we leaving?"
[monster87] 11:05 am: "My thoughts exactly"
[] 11:05 am: Soon as she's spaceworthy
[Lazarus] 11:05 am: Bester looks confused. "Sure it could, just have to take it easy as you fly he. Can't mess with that hydrogen fuel leak, but the coolant leak you can deal with, no hard burn, but she'll fly."
[Bloodangel] 11:06 am: "sooner we get in the black the, the sooner we can get off planet and make some money"
[] 11:06 am: "What's up, Cap'n?
[] 11:06 am: Ian its been a while you looking for work ?
[monster87] 11:07 am: "Well at least we agree that the fuel leak also needs to be fixed right before take-off"
[] 11:07 am: "Yeah, I've got some time on my hands, saw your post - you sure you want to fly this thing?"
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: Death_Jester has entered at 11:07 am+
[Lazarus] 11:07 am: "Come on Cap, you gonna take to word of a little girl? You know us guys have to stick together. Bros before Hoes and all." Bester looks desperate as if he's had this happen before
[Lazarus] 11:08 am: (Hi jester)
[Bloodangel] 11:08 am: "how much is it going to cost us?"
[starjunky] 11:08 am: "maybe we could thow in some credits into a common repair slush fund, get repaid after we've done a job or two? we get humped, I need good handling at the ready."
[monster87] 11:08 am: Ignores Bester and starts looking more into the computer (did I find out anything with that 15 on tech engineering and int?)
[Bloodangel] 11:08 am: "ive got about 457 C"
[Lazarus] 11:08 am: monster, roll Intelligence + Mechanical Repairs twice please
[Death_Jester] 11:08 am: (pay no attention to me. I'm just here to watch for a bit. I want to see how this works in chat. Peace Jester)
[monster87] 11:08 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d12)
[monster87] 11:08 am:

-> 1d10 (3)+ 1d12 (3) = 6


[] 11:08 am: Bester i take the one with the most qualifications and wants to ride her with me i dont care if she's a woman a thing or a gorram robot as long as she knows what she is doing.
[monster87] 11:09 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d12)
[monster87] 11:09 am:

-> 1d10 (1)+ 1d12 (2) = 3


[monster87] 11:09 am: wow I suck at rolling
[] 11:09 am: If you want a med bay installed i suggest we pick that up before we leave the planet
[Lazarus] 11:10 am: Iwasaki figures the fuel leak and the coolant leak at 400 credits alone
[Lazarus] 11:10 am: That's not counting the problems with the computer. Something is wrong with the Cortex link and the auto pilot is shot
[monster87] 11:11 am: "With some proper scrap hunting I should be able to get her going for about 400"
[Lazarus] 11:11 am: An intelligence + Technical engineering twice monster
[monster87] 11:11 am: "I hope I can reprogram this cortex link myself, but you got some problem here as well." (points at the computer)
[monster87] 11:11 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d12)
[monster87] 11:11 am:

-> 1d10 (4)+ 1d12 (2) = 6


[monster87] 11:11 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d12)
[monster87] 11:11 am:

-> 1d10 (5)+ 1d12 (4) = 9


[starjunky] 11:11 am: "I can put up 500 credits towards repairs"
[] 11:12 am: Well Ian i think if this girl here knows her stuff she will be spaceworthy in no time
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:12 am: The auto pilot is expensive, at least 200 for used unit, 500 for a new one. The cortex thing will take time, but no money
[] 11:12 am: *starting to completely ignore bester* focusing on the womand rummaging through the electrical systems
[] 11:12 am: woman*
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: pruttm has left at 11:12 am+
[monster87->Lazarus] 11:12 am: I can't program an auto pilot? Probably we don't need it directly
[Bloodangel] 11:13 am: "no need for a bay, Capt, im just a medic ive got supplies"
[] 11:13 am: "Mind if I check out the quarters?"
[Lazarus] 11:13 am: "Cap, you're making a mistake not hiring me, I can fix all that stuff at half the cost she's spewing."
[monster87] 11:13 am: "Hmm seems there's some problem with the auto pilot as well - but heck we do have a good pilot right?"
[] 11:13 am: Sure Ian take a look around kid *smiles*
[monster87] 11:13 am: "Maybe I can program one later"
[monster87] 11:13 am: (starts typing again)
[] 11:14 am: Ian checks out each of the quarters, with an eye for which one he'd ike best, "kicking the tires" to see what shape each is in, checking for odd smells, etc.
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:14 am: You can fly without one, just someone has to be on the bridge at all times
[] 11:14 am: *Turns around at bester eyeing him down* So you think you can repair all the problems she found at a cheaper price ? Well thats all well and good but how about you show some gorram initiative and find out whats wrong with my vessel instead of just standing there letting the girl do all the work
[Lazarus->monster87] 11:14 am: The unit itself is fried and can not be repaired
[starjunky] 11:15 am: "well, yeah, But I gotta sleep sometimes ya know. Anybody got basic piloting ability that could spell me?"
[monster87] 11:15 am: - "Or not, this auto pilot unit is fried. That means someone should be at the bridge piloting at all times..."
[] 11:15 am: Not a problem Alex i can pilot when your out of it
[Lazarus] 11:15 am: "Uh, sure thing cap, let me look at this thing." He sits down at the cortex terminal and begins entering commands
[monster87] 11:16 am: (lets him and looks over his shoulder, making faces at his slow progress"
[] 11:16 am: Cant it be replaced Boomer ?
[monster87] 11:16 am: "Yes it can, but autopilot units aren't cheap. Maybe we can find one second hand for 200, if we're lucky"
[] 11:17 am: This is a scrap yard we can take a look around
[monster87] 11:17 am: "Will do"
[Lazarus] 11:17 am: "WARNING Gau saang hai tung gu zoeng. Gim caa jeong hei gung jing Life support failure. Check oxygen levels at once."
[monster87] 11:17 am: (grabs a console) - "That doesn't sound good"
[Lazarus] 11:18 am: "Uh..."
[Lazarus] 11:18 am: Bester gets a panicked look
[Bloodangel] 11:18 am: "how much did you spend on this piece?"
[] 11:18 am: What in the
[monster87] 11:18 am: (tries to find out what Bester did)
[Lazarus] 11:18 am: (Especially since the ship's systems are not active.)
[] 11:18 am: *Looks at bester*
[] 11:18 am: Ian looks again at the toilet he just flushed. "Life support failure?"
[monster87] 11:18 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d12)
[monster87] 11:18 am:

-> 1d10 (3)+ 1d12 (12) = 15


[Lazarus] 11:18 am: roll int + tech eng monster, not repair
[monster87] 11:19 am: so just the 1d6?
[Lazarus] 11:19 am: yes
[monster87] 11:19 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d12)
[monster87] 11:19 am:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d12 (5) = 6


[Lazarus] 11:19 am: Aftter a couple minutes of fumbling, you find what Bester did and shut down the warning
[Lazarus] 11:19 am: Bester stands up. "Yeah I know."
[monster87] 11:19 am: "Pah this Bester may be good at patch tape, but don't ever let him handle this computer again"
[] 11:20 am: You know what ?
[] 11:20 am: yells up, ';Hey John, you know that when you flush the head, it kills life support?"
[] 11:20 am: Uh What ? *Turns around*
[Lazarus] 11:20 am: Looking as dejected as anyone you've ever seen, he leaves the ship muttering over and over. "Why did it have to be a girl again?'
[monster87] 11:20 am: (still checking the console for additional screw ups)
[] 11:20 am: Gorram Chwen
[] 11:21 am: "Yeah, I just flushed, and life support went off"
[] 11:21 am: *Looks at the girl*
[monster87] 11:21 am: "Wasn't you Ian"
[] 11:21 am: He dident screw anything up with the ship did he
[monster87] 11:21 am: "Checking Cap')
[Lazarus] 11:21 am: So after about an hour, John has a crew of four with him
[] 11:22 am: Well girl your the last one left and i had no intention of hiring that Chwen either way
[Lazarus] 11:22 am: However, the ship is not flyable and needs some expensive repairs. What does the newly formed crew choose to do?
[] 11:22 am: So if you want the job its yours
[] 11:22 am: Ian has marked out the second-best quarters for himself
[monster87] 11:22 am: (I'm really sorry Laz, but I really need to do something here for a mom, hope to be back in 20 minutes) -- I'll just be searching the scrapyard and repairing whatever I can
[Lazarus] 11:23 am: kk monster, we are talking finances now
[Bloodangel] 11:23 am: "well lets pull our credits together, we gots to spend money to make money"
[monster87] 11:23 am: Ah I don't have more than 2 credits or something ;)
[] 11:23 am: "Pay money to make money? Where you been workin'?
[Bloodangel] 11:23 am: "anyone have over 200 credits aside from me?"
[Lazarus] 11:24 am: Taking a look at the critical repairs, that would be the fuel leak and the coolant leak, best guess 450 credits
[Bloodangel] 11:24 am: "you gotta spend to earn, have you ever been in the military son?"
[Lazarus] 11:24 am: THe cortex just has corrupted code, that will take a good 80 hours to fix, but no parts
[] 11:24 am: "Phah. Alliance sheep."
[monster87] 11:25 am: (K, I'll stay in the chat to read back later, see ya guys in a few)
[] 11:25 am: (Cyas)
[Bloodangel] 11:25 am: "you think im an alliance?, HAHAHA, browncoat my dusters in my lungage"
[Bloodangel] 11:25 am: "I fought on Beylix"
[Lazarus] 11:26 am: The auto pilot is at least 200 for a used unit, 500 for a new one
[] 11:26 am: "All's I know is you work to get paid, not to pay."
[] 11:26 am: So we need around 1 thousand creds
[Lazarus] 11:26 am: So you are looking at 700 credits in parts
[Lazarus] 11:26 am: If you pool your money, how much do you have?
[Bloodangel] 11:27 am: "this ship is a heap, if we cant afford to fly then we cant afford to earn"
[starjunky] 11:27 am: "I'd say we fix propulsion and cortex, leave autopilot for laters
[] 11:27 am: (my guy has 1401.5 creds,, but it'd take some talking aand bargaining to cut a deal for him to give em up)
[Bloodangel] 11:28 am: "ive got 457 creds"
[Lazarus] 11:28 am: something is wrong with that throll, a greenhorn only starts with 750
[Bloodangel] 11:28 am: "if need be we can look for odd jobs on planet"
[Lazarus] 11:28 am: less your gear
[] 11:28 am: Cortex only needs time i aint gonna ask you to pay for repairs on my gorram ship but i promise you this we all get equal share of the jobs we take Ian you know ive saved you some hassel way back so im good for it.
[] 11:29 am: Just a sec
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: Death_Jester has left at 11:29 am+
[Bloodangel] 11:29 am: "capt, know of any jobs on planet?"
[starjunky] 11:29 am: "500 creds here. But its a short term loan, right?"
[] 11:30 am: Fact is i was gonna check around for some of my old contacts see if they had anything need doing.
[Lazarus] 11:31 am: One more bit of news that isn't good. A ship that has been listed as 'scrap' requires a full inspection and recertifacation before being reclassed as spaceworthy
[Bloodangel] 11:31 am: "sparky, im sure you'll make that 500 back once we are on our way off planet"
[Bloodangel] 11:32 am: "we have well over 700 credits, lets just get this heap in running condition!"
[] 11:33 am: "If you have the main Serenity book, I'm going to go with Veteran level, but no moneyed individuals, twitchy, leaky brainpans, or traumatic flashes."
[Lazarus] 11:34 am: but your stats total 42, that is a green horn
[starjunky] 11:35 am: "well, just so that any job(s) money we make goes first to pay back folks chipping in, then to provisioning for next job, THEN split among all folks. "
[] 11:35 am: The stats are lower because I bought more assets, per the BDH book
[Lazarus] 11:35 am: kk
[] 11:36 am: However you want to handle it is fine tho, just trying to follow what I'm given
[Bloodangel] 11:36 am: "Whos the enge?"
[] 11:37 am: She's out looking for parts we can get cheap
[Lazarus] 11:37 am: (However, this resents a problem. The original rules give starting PCs too much money. I'm trying to keep the repairs believeable, but if you have 1400 credits, I have to jack up the repiars to crazy levels to keep you grounded. You've got 2500 credits between you and that's more than the ship cost.)
[Lazarus] 11:37 am: (I have two options, increase costs of repairs OR cut your money in half)
[->Lazarus] 11:38 am: I was under the impression we did not get to choose our starting levels or money either way ?
[] 11:38 am: (Like I said, my guy's in it to make money and sae it, not to pay to get a job)
[Lazarus->] 11:38 am: Simply put, I allowed Throol to start at the wrong level. Now I have to fix it
[->Lazarus] 11:38 am: Aha
[] 11:39 am: *err save it
[Lazarus] 11:39 am: You are under no obligation to put your money into the pool
[Lazarus] 11:39 am: If you choose not to, that solves the problem
[Lazarus] 11:40 am: The bottom line is, the repairs will cost 700, 300 for a full tank of fuel, and 500 more for the recertification
[] 11:40 am: It'd take a lot of convincing and some dealing to get him to put his in - he's a merc, albeit a decent guy as well
[Lazarus] 11:41 am: Between Ray and Alex, they can cover 950
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: esotericenigma has left at 11:41 am+
[Bloodangel] 11:41 am: "Capt, with all do respect and im saying this with all do respect, take control of the crew."
[Lazarus] 11:41 am: the problem is Ian's 1400
[] 11:42 am: (I dont think we are actualy in character right now as Laz and Throol trying to work out how money he actualy has at the moment)
[Bloodangel] 11:42 am: oh well in character i say that if money seems to be an issue.
[Bloodangel] 11:43 am: we all need to pull our own weight, from what i was told left over credits were used for buying ship and getting it repiared.
[] 11:44 am: (it sounds like we're supposed to not have enough money - since a merc's not likely to put his hard-earned money away to get a job, doesn't sound like an issue)
[Lazarus] 11:44 am: Okay, then, here's the fix. As per my standard house rule concerning finances, Starting cash is cut in half. that leaves you a total of roughly 1200 credits.
[Bloodangel] 11:44 am: Mecrs do what they need to do to earn money
[] 11:45 am: Okay so Blood and Starjunky want to pool in on the ship
[Lazarus] 11:45 am: I know I did not mentiion this up front, but I made a mistake and allowed Throol to make a veteran level chaacter. I won't force him to re do it as a greenhorn, but I can not have 1400 credits available to a starting PC
[Bloodangel] 11:46 am: if thats your demeanor to be greedy thats cool
[Bloodangel] 11:46 am: I mean i think 750 cs was way to much
[Bloodangel] 11:47 am: i got all my supplies for like 300 c's
[] 11:47 am: Dude, I (the player) don't really care. It's make-believe money.
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: loudriver23 has left at 11:47 am+
[Lazarus] 11:47 am: Okay, now that we are past that sticking point, even with Throol's help, you ae short of what you need to fly. We can proceed and return to the role play.
[Bloodangel] 11:48 am: right right
[Lazarus] 11:48 am: After takling a look at your available fund, you see that you are going to have to take a job of some sort to get you flying
[] 11:48 am: Looks i dont wants to be arguing over how we get this ship repaired if you wants to help out then fine so be it i will pay you back once we get our arses in the air and we get some jobs done but until then who is willing to pull their weight around here to get her spaceworthy
[Lazarus] 11:48 am: Fortunately Beaumode is a place swimming with contacts
[] 11:48 am: (to make things fair, might want to penalize my PC's xp until we're all even)
[starjunky] 11:49 am: "I'm in Boss. But I'd like my 500 to go to propulsion repairs first and foremost"
[] 11:49 am: As i said i still got some contacts that might have a job or two for us
[Bloodangel] 11:49 am: "Capt, heres my share, 457C's"
[Lazarus] 11:49 am: (I won't do that for my mistake, the money was the issue and we are past that now. thanks though :-)
[] 11:49 am: Those are the most important as well so we agree there
[Bloodangel] 11:50 am: (( hands overs cred's))
[] 11:50 am: but we need some extra income to even get her recognized by the alliance
[Bloodangel] 11:50 am: "we do a few jobs here and there simple."
[Lazarus] 11:50 am: To save some time, everybody who has Covert can roll intelligence + covert to find a job
[] 11:50 am: Are the jobs ones we can do here, without a ship?
[Bloodangel] 11:51 am: "im sure you guys arent above doing anything that needs to be done amirite?>"
[] 11:51 am: (streetwise should work as well ?)
[starjunky] 11:51 am: "I'm also fairly handy driving cars on-planet if job needs it"
[] 11:51 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d6)
[] 11:51 am:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d6 (4) = 6


[Lazarus] 11:51 am: (Beaumode is a big place and not every job is off world)
[] 11:51 am: "Really depends on the job. I do draw a line."
[Bloodangel] 11:51 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d8)
[Bloodangel] 11:51 am:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d8 (3) = 8


[Lazarus] 11:51 am: streetwise will substitute for the base skill
[] 11:52 am: (Yeah so Int+Streetwise ?)
[Lazarus] 11:52 am: yes
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: has left at 11:52 am+
[] 11:52 am: (So i can roll that then to check for jobs or even Int+Influence should work ? i was just bit confused)
[Lazarus] 11:53 am: if you use infulence you would roll willpower + Influence/specialty
[Lazarus] 11:53 am: (Cortex is very flexible and can confuse new players)
[Bloodangel] 11:54 am: rolled an 8 total for int and covert
[Lazarus] 11:54 am: kk blood
[] 11:54 am: (it's a bit ike WoD - GM chooses the stat and skill applicable)
[Lazarus] 11:54 am: (Many times yes)
[] 11:54 am: okay so
[] 11:54 am: I use influence
[Lazarus] 11:55 am: roll willpower + influence
[] 11:55 am: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d8)
[] 11:55 am:

-> 1d10 (5)+ 1d8 (4) = 9


[] 11:55 am: (Streetwise)
[Lazarus] 11:55 am: After leaving the ship, the new crew goes out and hits several places before settling in on a place they hoped to avoid, The Maidenhead
[Lazarus] 11:56 am: After checking their weapons in the guncheck locker, they find a place to sit
[monster87] 11:56 am: I'm back and read it all. Want me to roll covert+int too?
[Lazarus] 11:57 am: Once they've got their drinks and wait for close to an hour...two men with two women each arrive. The men are handsome and obviously identical twins
[] 11:57 am: (do I manage to keep my brass knuckles?)
[Bloodangel] 11:57 am: (( fyi i always keep my backpack on and it has random medical supplies first aid kit some tools.))
[] 11:58 am: *Stands up to greet the two men*
[Lazarus] 11:59 am: (Brass knuckles are okay, as is the backpack)
[Lazarus] 11:59 am: "Hello Gentlemen and Lady." I'm Fanty and thins is my brother Mingo."
[Bloodangel] 12:00 pm: ((can i roll streetwise to see if ive heard anything about these dudes?))
[monster87] 12:00 pm: "Well look at that, they look exactly the same :) How you fellas doin?
[Lazarus] 12:00 pm: "Word has reached us that you wish to find work, but you are unkown to us. how do we know you are capable of succeeding ?"
[] 12:00 pm: The Names John nice to meet ya *touches his hat and nods*
[Lazarus] 12:00 pm: (Sure Blood)
[Bloodangel] 12:00 pm: ((never mind i dont have i thought i did))
[Lazarus] 12:00 pm: (k)
[] 12:01 pm: I also want to Roll and see if i know
[] 12:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 12:01 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d8 (2) = 8


[Lazarus] 12:02 pm: "John? so....nondescript. Is the lady's name Mary perhaps." Mingo chuckles at his own joke.
[Lazarus->] 12:02 pm: Fanty and Mingo are know go betweens for shady work of all kinds
[->Lazarus] 12:02 pm: Do i know their last names ?
[monster87] 12:02 pm: * laughs * "You look and me and think 'Mary'? That's a good one"
[Bloodangel] 12:03 pm: ((what are these guys wearing?))
[Lazarus->] 12:03 pm: No one does that you've been able to find
[Lazarus] 12:03 pm: (Well dressed in matching suits with open collars)
[] 12:03 pm: Her names Boomer also short like John
[starjunky] 12:04 pm: (afk a bit, gonna rustle up some RL lunch )
[Lazarus] 12:04 pm: "Boomer, my my, you intrigue my brother." Fanty says.
[Lazarus] 12:05 pm: "Perhaps there is a simple job we have for you. However, as you are unproven to us, we shall require a larger cut than is our norm. Will that be a problem?"
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:05 pm: ah I wanted to say that since I'm off the cortex, I'd like to go through life as plain Boomer with only a few knowing my real name
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:05 pm: okay
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:06 pm: Also I wanted to add that some ppl may know Boomer as a 'famous hacker', since I do leave ego signatures :P
[Bloodangel] 12:06 pm: "crediblity is your problem, we are just looking to repair our ship, how much credibilty do we need its not like we are going any where"
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:06 pm: But I'm not ready to admit to the crew that i'm a hacker - therefore a criminal
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: Gau3saang1 hai6tung2 gu3zoeng3. Gim2caa4 jeong5hei3 gung1[3]jing1[3]. [2]
救生系統故障。檢
查氧氣供應。 救生系统故障。检查氧气供应。
"Jeo-shung yong-jur goo-jang. Jien-cha yong-chi gong yin [sic]."
"Forty percent instead of our usual twenty, but that will still leave you with 300 credits f cashy money."
[Lazarus] 12:06 pm: sorry
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:07 pm: sure, you are still geting to know each other
[] 12:07 pm: That be none of their concern *looking at the medic* we just here to do a job we dont ask why they need theirs done they dont need to know why we need the money
[starjunky] 12:07 pm: ((bk)
[Lazarus] 12:07 pm: Is that sufficient to your needs?
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:07 pm: might be that someone did hear about me though, but I wouldn't know
[Bloodangel] 12:07 pm: "how about 30%"
[monster87] 12:08 pm: *nods* "Seems more fair to me"
[Bloodangel] 12:08 pm: "and i patch up any brute you happen to have that needs a quick fix"
[Lazarus] 12:09 pm: "Oh I'm sorry. " Mingo interrupts. "We seemed to have given you an impression that you had a choice. I do apologize. YOu do have one option other than to take the job, that is to walk away. It is your choice."
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:09 pm: it is possible
[Bloodangel] 12:10 pm: "tough crowd"
[monster87] 12:10 pm: "Well maybe you should tell us something about the job first?"
[] 12:10 pm: Please ignore my talkative friend here he knows little about how this works.
[Lazarus] 12:10 pm: "Indeed, but you've been the Black for some time. You own how difficult current events are on business."
[Lazarus] 12:11 pm: "Simple really, an acquaintance of ours wishes to stop the delivery by a rival shipper."
[Lazarus] 12:12 pm: "You stop the delivery and bring the smuggled goods to his warehouse."
[] 12:13 pm: Sounds easy enough may i inquire who this rival is
[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: "You may not. Such things are not our business and certainly are not yours. Questions are bad for business."
[monster87] 12:14 pm: and what kind of goods are they? fragile?
[Lazarus] 12:14 pm: "Agricultural equipment of some sort."
[->Lazarus] 12:15 pm: Can i do another streetwise check
[->Lazarus] 12:15 pm: To know who deals in Agricultural equipment on this planet
[Lazarus->] 12:15 pm: on what?
[Lazarus->] 12:15 pm: sure
[] 12:16 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 12:16 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d8 (7) = 9


[Lazarus->] 12:16 pm: YOu do know that Beaumode does allow monopolies which is why it is such a hub for business
[->Lazarus] 12:16 pm: So its bound to be some big corporation
[->Lazarus] 12:16 pm: We are stealing from
[Lazarus->] 12:17 pm: Only four shippers have contracts, one per hemisphere, the one for this quadrant is Marko Platz
[->Lazarus] 12:18 pm: Are they a big firm ?
[Bloodangel] 12:18 pm: "well we should be on our way the faster we get this done the faster we get paid"
[Lazarus] 12:18 pm: "Time is moeny as they have since the days of Eath-That-Was my good friends, do we have a deal?"
[monster87] 12:18 pm: Agricultural? Would that be small, like seeds? or big? like spades or tractors? Pretty generic description if you ask me
[Lazarus] 12:19 pm: "Smallish from my understanding, your would be employer will provide the necessary transportation for you to delivery the goods
[monster87] 12:19 pm: "okay, that's good to know
[Lazarus->] 12:19 pm: They are big on Beaumonde, not the verse as a whole
[monster87] 12:19 pm: (looks at the captain for his verdict)
[] 12:20 pm: Fine we have a deal once we do this for you i hope we can prove ourselves some more then maybe we might have a bit more credebility
[Lazarus] 12:20 pm: "Certainly my firend...John. It pays to be a winner." Adds Mingo
[Lazarus] 12:22 pm: "Report to the Warehouse on the edge of Union and Plum, report to the foreman there. I would suggest you not ask questions beyond the location of where you are to intercept this cargo. It could be hazardous to your health."
[] 12:22 pm: Fine.
[Lazarus] 12:22 pm: "Good luck, and when you have delivered the cargo, please return here."
[] 12:22 pm: Will do *Tips his hat* have a good day now
[Lazarus] 12:23 pm: "Good day to you then."
[Lazarus] 12:23 pm: The six then return back behind the same curtain that appeared from.
[monster87] 12:23 pm: (out on the street) "Cap'n, with your permission I'd like to get some ambushin equipment and my shooter from the ship. Left it in the cabin I think"
[] 12:24 pm: Eh yeah we better gear up for trouble i aint taking on this job without some insurance.
[] 12:24 pm: (Heads off back to the ship)
[monster87] 12:24 pm: (follows)
[Lazarus] 12:24 pm: (Indeed, now is the time to tell me anything special you have as once you depart, it will be too late)
[Bloodangel] 12:25 pm: "runs to the ship with glee"
[monster87] 12:25 pm: (Back in the ship Boomer scratches her head) "I'm sure I left my backpack here -- somewhere." (starts looking around)
[] 12:25 pm: Blood what was your first name again ?
[] 12:25 pm: (I forgot it i know your second name was Mayhem)
[Lazarus] 12:25 pm: Ray
[Bloodangel] 12:25 pm: (Raymond , but i like being called Mayhem or Doc))
[] 12:25 pm: (Yeah sorry)
[monster87] 12:26 pm: (from somewhere in the ship) "Ah found it. Ah and my toolkit's there too. Good" (comes back)
[] 12:26 pm: So doc you need to realize these types of characters dont mite like being haggled when we dont know em good thing they saw to it kind enough to let us have an introduction yet alone give us a job.
[Bloodangel] 12:27 pm: ((grabs assault rilfe and clips and checks to see if im wearing my armor))
[] 12:27 pm: But i know for sure this is shady business we are getting ourselves into the only firm i know around here big enough that deals in the type of equipment we are getting is Marko Platz
[monster87] 12:27 pm: (Puts a number of explosives and devices on the table) "What do you think Cap'n, fancy we can set up some sort of ambush?"
[] 12:28 pm: Holy shit woman what are you doing with that
[Bloodangel] 12:28 pm: "Sir, ive got hotblood running in my veins, war changes a person, no disrespect its just my nature""
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: Death_Jester has left at 12:28 pm+
[Bloodangel] 12:29 pm: "action junky looking for my next fix looking to always be on the move"
[monster87] 12:29 pm: "Well for example I could use this home-made claymore to scare 'em into giving us the goods. Could explode something nearby - never tryin to kill them really of course"
[monster87] 12:29 pm: "Or I could use some of these flashbangs and brew something up to stun them a bit"
[Bloodangel] 12:29 pm: "its best they dont see us and if they do we need to remedy that"
[Lazarus] 12:29 pm: (Talk amongst yourselves on your gear and let me know what you decide to take)
[] 12:30 pm: Flashbangs are good leave the explosives dont think we will need em
[monster87] 12:30 pm: "Roger" (throws the explosives a bit too lightly together and stuffs them in the backpack, then runs off to her cabin to stack the excess)
[] 12:31 pm: *Shuffles off into his room you hear some rumbling and stuff falling on the floor)
[starjunky] 12:31 pm: "I'm handy with a pistol"
[Bloodangel] 12:32 pm: "i think we will need some fire power and some sleath"
[monster87] 12:32 pm: (Comes back with a pistol and some flashbangs in her belt beneath her jacket, toying with some kind of remote device on the way - almost bumping into Ian when passing)
[] 12:32 pm: You see the captain comes back looking just the same as when he came out
[->Lazarus] 12:33 pm: I put on my Ballistic mesh
[->Lazarus] 12:33 pm: Thats it and grabbed an extra mag for my pistol
[Lazarus->] 12:33 pm: okay
[->Lazarus] 12:33 pm: So i got around 22 rouns
[->Lazarus] 12:33 pm: 12 a mag
[Lazarus->] 12:33 pm: ok
[Bloodangel] 12:34 pm: ((has assault rifle medical backpack and wearing ballistic mesh))
[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: (How many flashbangs?)
[monster87] 12:34 pm: (brought 3, one of 'em modified to work with the remote)
[->Lazarus] 12:34 pm: I also have my Ident card and an old pocket watch + the 6.6 creds i have left in various pockets
[Lazarus] 12:34 pm: ok
[->Lazarus] 12:34 pm: The old pocket watch is in my top right vest pocket
[Lazarus->] 12:35 pm: ok
[] 12:35 pm: Hoy there soldier we wont be needing all that firepower we aint going to war
[Lazarus] 12:35 pm: Ian and Alex, what have you got?
[] 12:35 pm: All my stuff, as usual
[Bloodangel] 12:35 pm: (( looks down at ground)) fine ill get my pistols""
[starjunky] 12:35 pm: (ballistic mesh, semiauto pistol)
[->Lazarus] 12:36 pm: And obviously my pistol is inside my tactical Holster
[Bloodangel] 12:36 pm: (( walks back and grabs 2x pistols and clips))
[->Lazarus] 12:36 pm: Which sits snugly at my right hip under my duster
[] 12:37 pm: I just have what I can carry everywhere, didn't buy anything extra for the ship yet
[KayeoticNeutral->Lazarus] 12:37 pm: You didn't tell me you played Serenity during the day.
[KayeoticNeutral->Lazarus] 12:37 pm: =P
[Lazarus->KayeoticNeutral] 12:37 pm: )
[] 12:37 pm: Thats better we dont want to start a war we just trying to steal some stuff the flashbangs might work as a good distraction or intimidation tool to get what we need
[Bloodangel] 12:37 pm: "this better?, huff"
[Lazarus->KayeoticNeutral] 12:37 pm: This is he first session
[Lazarus] 12:37 pm: (Throol, you are aware plate causes a -1 step penalty to agility?)
[KayeoticNeutral->Lazarus] 12:37 pm: *jealous*
[] 12:37 pm: We dont want to attract fed attention now do we
[Lazarus->KayeoticNeutral] 12:38 pm: Shouldn't be, we can add you into the game on next session if you like
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:38 pm: btw I'm not sure what kind of skill you need for throwing a grenade, but I'm pretty sure I don't have it - is it possible I do have a bit of knowledge in it because I'm good in general with explosives?
[] 12:39 pm: 9yep)
[KayeoticNeutral->Lazarus] 12:39 pm: Really? That sn't too many players for you? I need a book or a sheet of rules and character creation stuff though
[] 12:39 pm: If you look at John the only thing thats changed with his attire is that you can see on his right hip is a holster for a rather large pistol sitting snugly under his duster.
[Lazarus->monster87] 12:39 pm: you use agility + Athletics to throw
[monster87->Lazarus] 12:39 pm: ah ok I've got that :)
[] 12:39 pm: So we all ready to go ?
[Lazarus->KayeoticNeutral] 12:39 pm: I can handle another, but I can't do it today
[monster87] 12:39 pm: "I'm ready"
[] 12:40 pm: "I'm ALWAYS ready."
[starjunky] 12:40 pm: "Aye, Capn"
[] 12:40 pm: Actualy when i think about it you think you can take a small bit of explosives just incase we need to blow a door or a safe or something ?
[Lazarus] 12:40 pm: okay, I have everyone with pistil, and four sets of armor, one with plates, 3 flashbangs
[monster87] 12:41 pm: Wait let me take 1 smoke grenade just in case we need to retreat
[] 12:41 pm: nutin fancy boomer just enough to get through a small lock or safe something that wont stand out
[] 12:41 pm: (I have both pistols, plate vest, combat knife, utility knife, and hatchet, plus ammo)
[] 12:41 pm: (and brass knuckles)
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: Reaching the warehouse after gearing up is a bit of a walk taking nearly 45 minutes on foot
[Lazarus] 12:41 pm: got it throol and monster
[monster87] 12:41 pm: ow I'll take a charge for that too Cap'n
[] 12:42 pm: AND AS A RULE we NEVER shoot to kill you hear me Lives are valuable people are only doin their gorram jobs and so are we no need to be butchers
[monster87] 12:42 pm: "Totally support you on that cap'n"
[] 12:42 pm: "I only kill those what need killin'."
[KayeoticNeutral->Lazarus] 12:42 pm: It's all good. Is it pregen characters or made characters in the world of Firefly/Serenity?
[Bloodangel] 12:42 pm: "how about if our lives are threated do we get to kill?"
[monster87] 12:42 pm: "Now if we can get to this rendevous before the suppies, I could install my remote flash somewhere"
[Lazarus->KayeoticNeutral] 12:43 pm: original characters
[] 12:43 pm: Only if our lives are threatened
[Lazarus] 12:43 pm: Once you reach the warehouse, it is rusty and dimly lit. You get to the side door fanty and Mingo mentioned and it opens after the third knock
[KayeoticNeutral->Lazarus] 12:45 pm: Okay. Yeah um... if you want to send me something when youre not busy... rules or whatever via email kayeos@rocketmail.com or via skype neutralkayeos
[Lazarus] 12:46 pm: Two men are waiting for you, one of them is obviously the foreman. "Okay, here's the deal, you head out to Beggar's Canyon out in the Chandler Reach. The smugglers are using a shuttle to bring in the good. Not sure how many people will be waiting for the stuff. YOu get the good and bring them back here. Tiny will get you the hover truck. Ready?"
[Lazarus->KayeoticNeutral] 12:47 pm: okay I got it. I'll send it after the game
[] 12:47 pm: Ready as we can be.
[monster87] 12:48 pm: "Aye"
[Lazarus] 12:50 pm: The second man departs for a moment and you soon hear the main doors opening up and an engine firing up. He drives out in a non-descript hover truck and hops out. "It's 10AM and you should reach Beggar's Canyon in a couple hours in this thing. Drop is about half an hour after that, so don't dawdle around.. We expect to see you back here by five."
[starjunky] 12:50 pm: ( I've got planetary cars d8, anybody have higher?)
[] 12:51 pm: So who wants to drive
[] 12:51 pm: (Looking around at his crew)
[Lazarus] 12:51 pm: (looks like star is the wheel man)
[Bloodangel] 12:51 pm: "makes sense that the pilot drives"
[starjunky] 12:51 pm: "got it covered Boss"
[] 12:51 pm: Alrighty then mount up
[] 12:52 pm: Lets get going
[Lazarus] 12:52 pm: You head out following the crude directions you have for your rendezvous. THe old truck chugging along at a steady pace.
[monster87] 12:52 pm: (hops in front - if possible)
[Lazarus] 12:52 pm: I need best roll of Intelligence + Survival to find the spot
[monster87] 12:53 pm: got high int - but no survival :P
[Lazarus] 12:53 pm: Truck is crew cab and can seat five, if the three in theback seat get real cozy
[Bloodangel] 12:53 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d4)
[Bloodangel] 12:53 pm:

-> 1d8 (6)+ 1d4 (2) = 8


[] 12:53 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d4)
[] 12:53 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d4 (1) = 2


[starjunky] 12:53 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[starjunky] 12:53 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d6 (5) = 7


[monster87] 12:54 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12)
[monster87] 12:54 pm:

-> 1d12 (3)


[Lazarus] 12:54 pm: Okay, you have a despute between Alex and Ian on how to find the place
[monster87] 12:54 pm: I trust our pilot
[] 12:54 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8)
[] 12:54 pm:

-> 1d8 (4)


[monster87] 12:55 pm: I assist him in his math ;) mighten help on the charts
[Lazarus] 12:55 pm: Ray agrees with Alex
[starjunky] 12:55 pm: ( got gen navigation d8 in Survival too, that matter?)
[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: Alex and Ray are sure they are right. Ian is just as sure he is right
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: cplmac has left at 12:56 pm+
[Lazarus] 12:56 pm: All three look at the Captain.
[->Lazarus] 12:56 pm: Ive been with Ian a few times before so i know what he is like
[->Lazarus] 12:57 pm: I guess that might impact my descision somewhat
[->Lazarus] 12:57 pm: Im gonna roll Intuition
[Lazarus->] 12:57 pm: decisions decisions
[Lazarus->] 12:57 pm: kk
[] 12:57 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d8)
[] 12:57 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d8 (8) = 10


[starjunky] 12:57 pm: ( how long we playing today, Laz, got some incoming wife aggro :( )
[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: Looking at the twisting terrain and trusting his gut, John decides to go with the majority on this one
[Lazarus] 12:58 pm: (Another hour star)
[starjunky] 12:58 pm: ( k thats no prob, thx )
[Lazarus] 1:00 pm: Sticking with Alex and Ray's course, they find what has to be Beggar's Canyon. A narrow, secluded spot, perrfect for a clandestine meeting, but you only have at most 25 minutes to set up.
[Lazarus] 1:00 pm: Tactics is a specialty under Perception. If no one has that skill, then use highest roll of Intelligence + Perception to plan your ambush
[monster87] 1:01 pm: (I start judging the landing spot and where they'll go out, finding the best place to plant my remote flash)
[] 1:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+6)
[] 1:01 pm:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 6 (6) = 10


[starjunky] 1:01 pm: ( tactics d8 here )
[] 1:01 pm: er
[] 1:01 pm: (wrong roll)
[starjunky] 1:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d8)
[starjunky] 1:01 pm:

-> 1d6 (5)+ 1d8 (5) = 10


[] 1:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[] 1:01 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (5) = 13


[monster87] 1:01 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12)
[monster87] 1:01 pm:

-> 1d12 (8)


[Bloodangel] 1:02 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d8)
[Bloodangel] 1:02 pm:

-> 1d6 (4)+ 1d8 (4) = 8


[Lazarus] 1:02 pm: After ditching the truck and covering it with some brush, the crew all find good spots and await for the others.
[Lazarus] 1:03 pm: In the narrow canyon lost in the wilderness, the sounds of hoofbeats is very clear to hear
[Lazarus] 1:04 pm: Soon a couple horse drawn wagons arrive
[Lazarus] 1:04 pm: three men are in each truck and they come to a stop 200 feet from the crew's positions
[Lazarus] 1:06 pm: They are dressed in simple clothing and have revolvers at their hips as they dismount to stetch, with lever action rifles near by and held by two men
[monster87] 1:06 pm: carefully takes her smoker while keeping the remote close - the smoker might make this stuff a bit better to handle
[Lazarus] 1:07 pm: Then men are all clearly alert and keep searching around them as well as the skies for the shuttle
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: Bloodangel has left at 1:08 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:08 pm: The range is rather long for pistols (-1step peanlty to skill), the crew can try to get closer, but that will take a couple agility + Covert/Stealth rolls to make happen
[] 1:09 pm: Did Boomer place the flashbangs ?
[Lazarus] 1:09 pm: (only one can use the remote, she has the other two with her)
[Lazarus] 1:09 pm: (She must roll Intelligence + Perception to place it properly)
[] 1:09 pm: Right
[monster87] 1:10 pm: I did (see above) - rolled 8
[] 1:10 pm: Ian trusts his ability with his pistols, no need to get closer
[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: (That was to hide)
[monster87] 1:10 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12)
[monster87] 1:10 pm:

-> 1d12 (7)


[Lazarus] 1:10 pm: kk
[monster87] 1:11 pm: (whispers) "What's the plan Cap'n"
[] 1:12 pm: Okay
[] 1:12 pm: So the horses are the only thing that are pulling the wagons
[] 1:12 pm: The men have left the wagons
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: Yes horse drawn
[Lazarus] 1:13 pm: four have moved a bit away from the wagons, two stay close to them
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: loudriver23 has left at 1:13 pm+
[monster87] 1:13 pm: (is that the two with the lever action rifles?)
[Lazarus] 1:15 pm: As they dismounted the four that moved away have the rifles, the two near the wagons have pistols
[] 1:15 pm: Screw it lets try a little bit of trickery
[monster87] 1:16 pm: hm?
[] 1:16 pm: We can try get them to disarm themselves
[] 1:16 pm: You planted that flashbang right
[monster87] 1:16 pm: Yes
[monster87] 1:16 pm: So?
[] 1:16 pm: Lets see if we cant intimidate them
[] 1:17 pm: Fool em into believing we will blow em sky high if they dont disarm
[] 1:17 pm: If they dont go for it
[] 1:17 pm: Blow the flashbang and go in guns blazing
[] 1:17 pm: Aim for their arms legs
[] 1:18 pm: You ready ?
[monster87] 1:18 pm: Hmm probably they'll wait with dropping their weapons for their friends to join them. If you want to take 'em out, better to stealth-take those 2
[] 1:18 pm: You gots the brawn you wanna try and whack them while they ain looking Ian
[monster87] 1:19 pm: (btw Blood is missing, that'll be a major problem if it comes to fightin' :P)
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: (Called shot to a limb is at -1step penalty for a total of -2steps to skiil due to range and target)
[] 1:19 pm: I can shoot 'em from here, but I ain't the captain
[Lazarus] 1:19 pm: (I can roll for him if I have to)
[monster87] 1:19 pm: we could sneak a bit closer?
[] 1:20 pm: Fudge it lets sneak closer but be ready on that flash bomb
[Lazarus] 1:20 pm: (You can, but you will have to roll agility + Covert)
[] 1:20 pm: If they detect us blow it
[monster87] 1:20 pm: ok, I'll keep the remote handy
[->Lazarus] 1:20 pm: Okay
[monster87] 1:20 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d8)
[monster87] 1:20 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d8 (5) = 7


[->Lazarus] 1:20 pm: Can my Asset Leadership come in handy here ?
[->Lazarus] 1:20 pm: 2+ To a task
[Lazarus->] 1:21 pm: It can, but to only ONE skill
[->Lazarus] 1:21 pm: Like everybody Sneak real quite like now
[Lazarus->] 1:21 pm: yes, leadership would apply
[] 1:21 pm: Like Everybody Sneak Real Quite Like Now
[] 1:21 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d6)
[] 1:21 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)+ 1d6 (1) = 7


[] 1:22 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6)
[] 1:22 pm:

-> 1d6 (6)


[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: (Everyone now has a a +2step to skill bonus to stealth and stealth only)
[starjunky] 1:22 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10)
[starjunky] 1:22 pm:

-> 1d10 (4)


[] 1:22 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6)
[] 1:22 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)


[] 1:22 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6)
[] 1:22 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)


[Lazarus] 1:22 pm: what are the single die rolls?
[] 1:22 pm: (Agility)
[] 1:22 pm: (I dont have covert)
[] 1:23 pm: Rolled max on die
[monster87] 1:23 pm: lol we're screwed
[] 1:23 pm: (Stealth was never my strong suite)
[starjunky] 1:23 pm: ( yeah agility d10, no overt for me )
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: Because of the leadership edge, you gain covert at +d4 if you don't have the skill at all, if you do have the skill, it is two die types higher
[] 1:23 pm: Ahhh
[] 1:23 pm: okay
[Lazarus] 1:23 pm: SO please reroll
[monster87] 1:24 pm: ok I do have the skill
[] 1:24 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d4)
[] 1:24 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d4 (4) = 5


[monster87] 1:24 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d8)
[monster87] 1:24 pm:

-> 1d10 (4)+ 1d8 (4) = 8


[] 1:24 pm: FUDGECAKES
[starjunky] 1:24 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d4)
[starjunky] 1:24 pm:

-> 1d10 (7)+ 1d4 (3) = 10


[] 1:24 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d10)
[] 1:24 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d10 (3) = 6


[Lazarus] 1:24 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 1:24 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)


[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: You get about halfway to next range band, you will need to succeed one more time to lose the range penalty
[] 1:25 pm: Lets go again gents
[monster87] 1:25 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d8)
[monster87] 1:25 pm:

-> 1d10 (10)+ 1d8 (7) = 17


[monster87] 1:25 pm: (wowzors)
[->Lazarus] 1:25 pm: So leadership still applies or just for the first try ?
[Lazarus] 1:25 pm: like the ninja
[->Lazarus] 1:25 pm: Or am i still inspiring them to be all sneaky like
[starjunky] 1:25 pm: ( in general, missing skill is d2 then, or nothing beside ability roll? new to Serenity )
[Lazarus->] 1:26 pm: you are still doing the same task, so it still applies
[] 1:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d4)
[] 1:26 pm:

-> 1d6 (3)+ 1d4 (3) = 6


[monster87] 1:26 pm: (I think it's just the ability roll if you don't have a skill)
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: no skilll rolls just the stat
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: YOu can imporve that with plot points
[] 1:26 pm: (Oh crap here i am forgetting about plot points)
[Lazarus] 1:26 pm: You can improve any roll with ploit points
[] 1:26 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d10)
[] 1:26 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d10 (9) = 10


[Serenity - From the Ashes]: Mr Stabby has left at 1:27 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: Each of you have 8
[monster87] 1:27 pm: 8? not 6?
[] 1:27 pm: (Oh thought we started with 6)
[Lazarus] 1:27 pm: Normally you strat with six, but I'm giving you all two bonus for RP to this point
[monster87] 1:27 pm: awesome
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: just need star's second sneak roll
[] 1:28 pm: (what happened to blood ? lost internet ? had to leave ? )
[Lazarus] 1:28 pm: (didn't say, just dropped)
[starjunky] 1:28 pm: ( still confused about what to roll for missing covert skill? )
[] 1:29 pm: roll a 1d4
[] 1:29 pm: im giving you 1d4 with leadership asset
[starjunky] 1:29 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d10+d4)
[starjunky] 1:29 pm:

-> 1d10 (5)+ 1d4 (1) = 6


[Serenity - From the Ashes]: Mr Stabby has left at 1:29 pm+
[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: you roll agility +1d4 because of Gbel's leaership, normally, you would just roll agility
[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[Lazarus] 1:29 pm:

-> 1d6 (4)


[Lazarus] 1:29 pm: You are now within 80 feet of the men. no penalty for range now
[] 1:30 pm: Can we sneak some more ?
[monster87] 1:30 pm: will probably get harder from here
[Lazarus->] 1:30 pm: roll intelligence + intuition
[] 1:30 pm: I say we jump em and demand their surrender
[monster87] 1:31 pm: I'll wave the remote and say I'll blow them up :) You make 'em surrender
[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: you can get closer, if you like, but aside from allowing you to close to hand to hand, it will not give you a bonus to skill unless you get to point blank range
[] 1:31 pm: Are we near enough the guys near the wagons as well ?
[] 1:31 pm: to shoot em that is ?
[] 1:31 pm: (I've got Intimidatin' manne)
[Lazarus] 1:31 pm: agility + guns is the basic combat skill roll
[] 1:32 pm: (You can assist me by looking mighty mean with your guns out)
[Lazarus] 1:32 pm: You are coming from one side, so you are very close to one group of three, the other three are a bit further
[] 1:33 pm: Lets just go out there and scare em (Im guessing the medic is still with us)
[monster87] 1:33 pm: I thought it was 2 and 4?
[] 1:33 pm: You with me ?
[monster87] 1:33 pm: Yeah
[Lazarus] 1:33 pm: thre men per wagon
[Lazarus] 1:34 pm: two with rifles are a bit away from each wagon, the driver has a pistol and is closer to the wagon, one wagon is slightly closer than the second
[] 1:34 pm: HOY There Now before you be getting twitchy on the trigger finger i suggest you look to my companion here *pointing at boomer with his hand gun in the other* I SUGGEST YOU DISARM AND DISPERSE or we will blow you sky high.
[monster87] 1:34 pm: So how do we roll this awesome intimidate :)?
[monster87] 1:35 pm: (waves with the remote device, finger close to pushing the button)
[Lazarus] 1:35 pm: roll willpower + discipline
[] 1:35 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d10+1d6)
[] 1:35 pm:

-> 1d10 (7)+ 1d6 (6) = 13


[Serenity - From the Ashes]: jpatterson has left at 1:35 pm+
[] 1:36 pm: +2
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: anyone with Inimidating manner is +2steps to skill
[] 1:36 pm: for intimidating manner
[] 1:36 pm: So thats a 1d8 instead ?
[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: you'd roll 1d10+1d10 Gabel
[] 1:36 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d10)
[] 1:36 pm:

-> 1d10 (4)


[Lazarus] 1:36 pm: I'll let you keep the higher roll
[monster87] 1:36 pm: Isn't the captain doing just one roll? Or we all roll (I suck at intimidating, but maybe I can use Influence to affect them..)
[] 1:36 pm: Okay
[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: However, when you have a step modifier, it changes the die you roll
[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: two steps improves the die by two die types, d6 becomes d10
[->Lazarus] 1:37 pm: Now ?
[Lazarus] 1:37 pm: penalties work the opposite way d6 would become d2
[Lazarus->] 1:38 pm: yes
[monster87] 1:38 pm: Can I roll willpower+influence? Or do I have to use dicipline?
[] 1:38 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[] 1:38 pm:

-> 1d8 (4)+ 1d6 (4) = 8


[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: gabel has got it, he's the intimidating one, you're just there for atmosphere
[monster87] 1:39 pm: kk
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm: starts rolling some dice: (2d6;2d6;2d6;2d6;2d6;2d6)
[Lazarus] 1:39 pm:

-> 2d6 (4,4 = 8)

-> 2d6 (2,5 = 7)

-> 2d6 (4,2 = 6)

-> 2d6 (2,2 = 4)

-> 2d6 (1,1 = 2)


[monster87] 1:40 pm: lol one fumbled
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: The men gape in shock as you appear from no where, a few hands twitch, but no one makes a serious move for their weapons, not even those holding rifles
[Lazarus] 1:40 pm: one younger guy wets himself
[starjunky] 1:41 pm: hehe
[starjunky] 1:41 pm: (gotta love NPC botch )
[Lazarus] 1:41 pm: "W-w-w-where, what, how?"
[monster87] 1:41 pm: (grabs the pistol in her other hand and aims to appear more threatening)
[] 1:41 pm: *In a cold tone of voice* I WONT ASK AGAIN Shoots one bullet into the air
[Lazarus] 1:42 pm: One guy a bit older than the others looks at the guns trained on them and his shoulders slump as he drops his rifle. The others follow suit
[monster87] 1:42 pm: (flashes a triumphant smile)
[Lazarus->] 1:42 pm: You get a feeling that whatever is happening here, it is not as it seems.
[Lazarus] 1:43 pm: the weapons all clterr to the ground and the men all raise their hands in defeat.
[Lazarus] 1:43 pm: "Y'all ain't gonna kill are ya?"
[monster87] 1:43 pm: "Someone get those rifles?"
[] 1:44 pm: We dont kill unarmed men but if ya be thinking about any funny business we will Now move away from the wagons and guns and start walking
[] 1:44 pm: Ian steps out, both pistols trained, and starts heading towards the men
[] 1:44 pm: So do i
[monster87] 1:44 pm: I follow the others
[Lazarus] 1:45 pm: The older man looks at John with a withering gaze. "That qing wa cao de liu mang (frog humping SOB) Platz sent ya didn't he?" And he spits.
[] 1:45 pm: *Shoots on the ground this time*
[] 1:45 pm: And i dont like backtalk
[] 1:46 pm: only talking thats gonna be done here is yes sir and no sir
[Lazarus] 1:46 pm: The men are clearly cowered and obey jumping in fear as the shot is fired
[] 1:47 pm: Now git
[monster87] 1:47 pm: (starts picking up weapons)
[Lazarus->] 1:47 pm: As you get closer, you see that these men are almost certainly farmers, nothing about their demeanor indicates they are professional gunmen
[] 1:47 pm: Wait a second
[Lazarus] 1:47 pm: "But it's 20 miles to the farms!" One of the younger men wails
[] 1:48 pm: The farms ? whats going on here ?
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: Everyone roll alertness + perception
[monster87] 1:48 pm: that'll be fun
[monster87] 1:48 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d4)
[monster87] 1:48 pm:

-> 1d4 (1)


[monster87] 1:48 pm: muhaha
[] 1:48 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8+1d6)
[] 1:48 pm:

-> 1d8 (2)+ 1d6 (2) = 4


[] 1:48 pm: Oh great im a blind mule
[starjunky] 1:48 pm: I got a d8 in intuition, use that?
[] 1:48 pm: wait
[Lazarus] 1:48 pm: "We's just tryin' ta make a fair livin'. That hun dan Platz has jacked shippin' costs so high, we ain't got nothin' left to pay fer seed and such."
[monster87] 1:49 pm: if it's on intuition i get a 2 stp skill increase
[] 1:49 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6+1d6)
[] 1:49 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)+ 1d6 (4) = 5


[->Lazarus] 1:49 pm: I already made my roll right ?
[->Lazarus] 1:49 pm: Or do i need to roll Alert and percept as well ?
[Lazarus] 1:49 pm: (No intuition for the perception roll, you can make a separate inution roll for something else though)
[] 1:49 pm: Wait are you tellin me we are stealin from honest to good farmers ?
[monster87] 1:49 pm: "Cap'n are we the kind of crew that'll let those poor folk starve?"
[starjunky] 1:50 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6+d6)
[starjunky] 1:50 pm:

-> 1d6 (2)+ 1d6 (3) = 5


[] 1:50 pm: I thought you gave up to easily i was prepared for armed gunmen
[Lazarus->] 1:50 pm: yes, everyone rolls for that
[->Lazarus] 1:50 pm: Already did then
[] 1:51 pm: This dont sit right by me not one bit
[Lazarus] 1:51 pm: "We ain't no fighters Boss. We're just farmin' folk. We figured they be trouble, just not gorram professional."
[monster87] 1:51 pm: "Hah I found myself an honest cap'n, I did. So what do we do now?
[Lazarus] 1:52 pm: Because of the way the canyon channeled the sound, you do not hear the shuttle until it clears the rim of the canyon. THe ship hovers for a moment, unsure of what to do next.
[] 1:53 pm: Ta Ma Duh this puts us Luhn Gohn
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: KayeoticNeutral has left at 1:53 pm+
[] 1:53 pm: (Damn it) Someones Dog House
[] 1:53 pm: I aint stealin from honest folk
[] 1:53 pm: Get up farmers we aint shooting or stealin today
[Lazarus] 1:54 pm: "That's the seed, fertilizer, industrial lubricants, parts, and a few small automated gadgets to make our lives a mite easier we done brought. They see too many folk here and might leave if'n I don't flag 'em."
[] 1:54 pm: Flag em down
[monster87] 1:55 pm: "Well farmers you should learn your shit. Fertilizer has been proven to be only short-time shit, making the soil worse in return. Better to return to honest natural farming and improve the soil yearly to get a good yield"
[] 1:55 pm: Right crew we be in a mite bit of a predicament Ian i know this dont sit right with you but whats more right for you the money or their lives.
[Lazarus] 1:55 pm: The older man waves to the shuttle and the pilot flares in for a landing. once the shuttle spoils down, a man appears at the hatch with a pistol. "Hey Caleb, who are all these folks?"
[] 1:55 pm: "This job smells."
[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: "Don't rightly no Jacob."
[] 1:56 pm: This aint right for the 300 creds we where promised i aint doin it
[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: "Sure is a lot of iron for freinds Caleb."
[Lazarus] 1:56 pm: "I ain't got much say, considerin' I'm at barrel's end Jacob."
[] 1:57 pm: Look we was hired by this man Marko Platz
[Lazarus] 1:57 pm: "Kinda sussed that part Boss."
[] 1:58 pm: Our ship is in dire need of repairs so we figured easy money and we had no where else to get it
[] 1:58 pm: But nobody said we was stealin from honest folk
[Lazarus] 1:58 pm: Everyone make Intelligence + knowledge rolls
[] 1:59 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d8)
[] 1:59 pm:

-> 1d8 (3)


[Serenity - From the Ashes]: pruttm has left at 1:59 pm+
[monster87] 1:59 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d12)
[monster87] 1:59 pm:

-> 1d12 (9)


[Serenity - From the Ashes]: Samrin has left at 1:59 pm+
[starjunky] 1:59 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d6)
[starjunky] 1:59 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)


[] 1:59 pm: starts rolling some dice: (1d6)
[] 1:59 pm:

-> 1d6 (1)


[starjunky] 1:59 pm: (boo )
[Lazarus] 1:59 pm: starts rolling some dice: (d8+d6)
[Lazarus] 1:59 pm:

-> 1d8 (8)+ 1d6 (1) = 9


[Lazarus->monster87] 2:01 pm: Considering what type of person this Platz guy is, you figure that truck we got her will pay to fix the fuel leak and the coolant leak. That will get us off the ground.
[Lazarus] 2:01 pm: Ray offer, there might be an option captain
[monster87->Lazarus] 2:02 pm: you mean to sell the truck?
[] 2:02 pm: Whats that ?
[Lazarus->monster87] 2:02 pm: It is an option
[Lazarus] 2:02 pm: Well, it's not legal on a couple levels
[] 2:02 pm: (Ray as in blood ? )
[monster87] 2:02 pm: "We could always sell that truck, might be the easiest alternative. Of course we then gotta fix your baby fast and split, otherwise we'll be dogshit"
[Lazarus] 2:03 pm: THe lady beat me to it capptain
[] 2:03 pm: You really want Marko Platz on your ass Boomer ? id rather not be making more enemies then need be
[] 2:03 pm: I was thinking it before we came here
[Lazarus] 2:03 pm: Ship won't be legally registered
[monster87] 2:03 pm: He's a bad guy - you just said so yourself
[Lazarus] 2:03 pm: But it will at least get us of Beaumonde
[monster87] 2:03 pm: I can probably fix a registration, got a thing for forgery
[] 2:04 pm: Well hells i really dont see another way out
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: spidey has left at 2:04 pm+
[] 2:04 pm: So
[monster87] 2:04 pm: yeah well it's that or the other option
[Lazarus] 2:04 pm: As the camera focuses in on the Captian's face, the scene...fades to black.
[monster87] 2:04 pm: which is taking the fertilizer and stuff - which will only kill the soiil of those poor farmers
[] 2:05 pm: (Well game over for now i guess hehe)
[Lazarus] 2:05 pm: I've got 2:04 and I'm going to call it, I know it it late for some of the palyers
[monster87] 2:05 pm: yep gg
[] 2:05 pm: Around 22 :)
[starjunky] 2:05 pm: indeed, great kickoff
[Lazarus] 2:05 pm: We can take up part two next week
[monster87] 2:05 pm: so next week same time?
[Lazarus] 2:05 pm: Yes indeed
[Lazarus] 2:05 pm: same bat channel, same bat time
[] 2:05 pm: cool
[] 2:06 pm: and same day
[] 2:06 pm: Alright
[Lazarus] 2:06 pm: I know there werre a couple rough spots, but over all I think you guys did great once you got the hang of the rules
[Lazarus] 2:06 pm: And my money gaff
[monster87] 2:06 pm: yep I like our crew so far
[monster87] 2:07 pm: I got a little summary in diary-style, any idea where I should post it for all to read?
[Lazarus] 2:07 pm: Heads up, you may have another player joiniing the crew.
[] 2:07 pm: Oh ?
[Lazarus] 2:07 pm: hmmm group email Rein?
[] 2:07 pm: Good thing i bought a ship with passenger space :P
[monster87] 2:08 pm: or forum post? or obsidianportal page?
[Lazarus] 2:08 pm: My website isn't configured for that sort of sharing, but if you send me the email I can post it
[] 2:08 pm: Could always start up a campaign site on obsidian portal
[monster87] 2:08 pm: ok I can also e-mail
[Lazarus] 2:08 pm: One of the members who popped in is interested. ANd she's a good gamer
[starjunky] 2:08 pm: Kaye?
[Lazarus] 2:08 pm: That would be her
[starjunky] 2:09 pm: cool
[starjunky] 2:09 pm: gotta log, great game folks
[] 2:09 pm: Good game cya junky
[Serenity - From the Ashes]: starjunky has left at 2:09 pm+